Montreal R3: A. Murray beats J.C. Ferrero 6-1, 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Montreal R3: A. Murray beats J.C. Ferrero 6-1, 6-3

DrJules
08-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Murray raised his performance from his first match building on his excellent defensive play with some impressive attacking play. His game continues to improve and develop. He attacks more on a hard court his favourite surface than grass or clay court.

On this form he has a good chance of beating Federer, if they play in the semi-final, and continue his accent to world number 2.

So far this week he is impressing me the most of the top players in Montreal this week even winning a point with a broken string.

rubbERR
08-13-2009, 07:49 PM
It was only Ferrero, guy with no serve, mean fanboys :'(

TMJordan
How fucking good is Murray? Noone will beat him all hardcourt season.

Good week for Wayne.

Clydey
Tremendous performance from Andy.

Clydey
08-13-2009, 07:50 PM
How fucking good is Murray? Noone will beat him all hardcourt season.

Good week for Wayne.

I like your style.

rocketassist
Unreal from Muzza, just unreal.

Wayno played well and still lost 1 and 3. Unlucky for him, he deserved to be in Faker's or Nadal's section.

Voo de Mar
Wayno isn't a big deal for Top players anymore :o

habibko
08-13-2009, 07:51 PM
didn't see this match, but I'd imagine Murray did the right thing and played aggressively and took control of the rallies, something none of JCF's opponents did so far, and thus he lost fast like this.

rubbERR
Fool fanboys making such a big deal this win and just Davydenko bagelled Ferrero in that final couple of weeks ago,guy just cant play against top guys

danton
Wow - good to see a fast court as well.

green25814
Murray is so much better to watch on HC

TMJordan
08-13-2009, 07:52 PM
I like your style.

What can I say? Great minds think alike.

rofe
Too good from Andy. Seems to be in excellent form. Some nice aggressive play mixed in with his trademark defensive play. He was actually toying with JCF in the end.

Arkulari
Juanqui :sad:
Muzza played really well and that's not a surprise, this is his best surface and he's the king of best-of-three ;)

Corey Feldman
good job son

another chunk out of that 5.5million pad ;)

delpiero7
08-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Expected result, but wasn't expecting Murray to play that well.

Great week for WCF, not easy to take on Muzza after coming through qualies + 2 rounds.

Andi-M
08-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Pure class from my man. His movement on a hardcourt is the best bar none. Gonzo or Davy will provide a stiffer challenge, but with Murray in this form cant see him losing.

Sunset of Age
08-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Very good performance from Muzza, who clearly was the better player BY FAR. Congrats, Muzza! :hatoff:

There wasn't much (or rather: nothing) that Juanqui could do about it, he got outplayed in every aspect. Still it was good to see him at least try to give his best efforts. Very nice to see the crowd cheering for every point he managed to make as well. :D

:hug: Juanqui, awesome run here, well done and hope to see you back soon in Cincy!

rubbERR
08-13-2009, 07:54 PM
"my man" classic fanboys, its embarassing to watch these kind of guys :lol:

scoobs
08-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Murray game healthcheck: Pass with flying colours.

That was good.

When he's landing forehand winners at will, you know it's good.

TMJordan
08-13-2009, 07:55 PM

Why don't you just go in a hole or somthing.

If Gonzo manages to beat Davydenko some big time French Open revenge will be served.

green25814
08-13-2009, 07:56 PM

You should be embarassed by yourself then. :D

rubbERR
08-13-2009, 07:57 PM
You should be embarassed by yourself then. :D

im not that kind of fanboy, this extremely useless joy when someone winning tennismatch is unbearable to watch

Jimnik
08-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Too good from Murray. There's a reason he's 6-2 against Federer. He has all the offensive and defensive skills only he does them even better. He's pretty much at his physical peak too.

JCF has nothing to be ashamed of. Could have played better but when you can't read the serve or any of your opponent's shots it's very difficult to find rhythm and self-belief. He's still playing very well and I hope he keeps this up.

rocketassist
08-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Hopefully Wayno gets a deserved Cincy WC.

Bad Religion
Ferrero has become in a pusher

No power in his strokes. Hitting about the 30% of his prime

Anyway , hope Murray wins this shit

Andi-M

Fangirl actually, get it right. :rolleyes:

Byrd
08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Shame Muzza isn't in Nadull's side of the draw, would of been sweet seeing him smash him in the SF and taking his no.2 spot in the process.

federersforehand
08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Wow, thats US open winning form right there, some crazy stuff by Murray today

green25814
08-13-2009, 08:02 PM
im not that kind of fanboy, this extremely useless joy when someone winning tennismatch is unbearable to watch

You came into this thread yourself. Anyway it must be better than feeling extremely useless anger when someone wins a tennis match.

Jimnik
08-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Ferrero has become in a pusher

No power in his strokes. Hitting about the 30% of his prime

Anyway , hope Murray wins this shit
He'll never have the firepower he had back in 2003 but for sure he could have flattened out his shots and taken more risks. I would have liked to see him do that but Murray is the top counter-puncher in the world now and would have used his power.

It's not like there's any particular style of play that seems to bother the Scot these days, he's just the #1 form player.

green25814
08-13-2009, 08:08 PM
He'll never have the firepower he had back in 2003 but for sure he could have flattened out his shots and taken more risks. I would have liked to see him do that but Murray is the top counter-puncher in the world now and would have used his power.

It's not like there's any particular style of play that seems to bother the Scot these days, he's just the #1 form player.

Murray can still potentially get blown away. But he's the top counter-puncher right now, so unless you're aggressive (or a healthy Nadal) you have no chance.

HattonWBA
08-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Awesome from Murray. Good week from Ferrero, keep it going JCF

DrJules
08-13-2009, 08:10 PM

On hard courts.

Corey Feldman
08-13-2009, 08:15 PM

this is a Mecca for Murray fanboys (and the 1 girl who likes him) , so GTHO of here

Jimnik
08-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Murray can still potentially get blown away. But he's the top counter-puncher right now, so unless you're aggressive (or a healthy Nadal) you have no chance.
Bottom line, unless you play a very very good match you won't beat him. Doesn't matter whether it's aggressive like Roddick or defensive like Nadal.

On hard courts.
On every surface except clay.

fast_clay
08-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Murrays makes you play... you must come to play... no scot would attempt a tennis career on the basis of being pretty... f*** no... scot is very ugly breed... so it's no good if you got no game... or perhaps, a couple of them... The Tradesman has an extensive set of tools that he developed while Feliciano was busy in the mirror...

GlennMirnyi
08-13-2009, 08:35 PM
:haha: at everybody who thought Ferrero had a chance. :lol:

Leo
08-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Ferrero has no chance in this match-up. Not the way he plays tennis these days. It'd be interesting to see Ferrero 2003 on had vs. Murray 2009 on hard = slight edge to Murray because of his brain.

Jaz
08-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Ferraro has nothing to hurt Murray.

Mobility = Slow
Serve = Not a weapon
Backhand = Always cross-court and flat?! Predictable
Forehand = Only Weapon

amonb
08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Fool fanboys making such a big deal this win and just Davydenko bagelled Ferrero in that final couple of weeks ago,guy just cant play against top guysYou need to get Fed's Nutz out ya mouth my friend.xxx

ballbasher101
08-13-2009, 09:20 PM
The result was never in doubt. Muzza is looking good going into the US open. Ferrero can't cope with the top guys these days.

fast_clay
08-13-2009, 09:22 PM
You need to get Fed's Nutz out ya mouth my friend.xxx

:spit:

Clydey
08-13-2009, 09:31 PM
You need to get Fed's Nutz out ya mouth my friend.xxx

http://i31.tinypic.com/5obmnn.gif

Burrow
08-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Shadow of his former self, this Ferrero.

Deivid23
08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Anyone knows how much has this wanker JCF paid Andy for this lesson? Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Xavidbz
08-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Why is JCF being called Wayno these days?

Tyler_Durden
08-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Shadow of his former self, this Ferrero.

Even Ferrero at his peak wouldn't have beat murray on a hardcourt today.

Andi-M
08-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Anyone knows how much has this wanker JCF paid Andy for this lesson? Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

:haha: But Wayne is not a wanker.

Gaudio2004
08-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Interesting to see that Ferrero had a little argument with Murray before the match.

Clydey
08-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Interesting to see that Ferrero had a little argument with Murray before the match.

Where did you read that?

scoobs
08-13-2009, 11:51 PM
First I've heard of this...

straitup
08-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Why is JCF being called Wayno these days?

In some US article he was called "Wayne Carlos Ferrero" on accident

Voo de Mar
08-13-2009, 11:55 PM
In some US article he was called "Wayne Carlos Ferrero" on accident

I think this nickname is very funny :lol: Especially for me because in my native language "Wayno" phonetically means "horse crap" :p

Haelfix
08-13-2009, 11:59 PM
I had no doubt about the results. An in form Murray is simply superior to JCF on hards.

I didn't expect the scoreline to be so lopsided, but hey Murray is in his prime and ultimately has far more firepower and talent.

JCF didn't play a smart match and was a little too arrogant about the match, you really have to take risks against a superior player and he never really did. Pity!

roberthenman
08-14-2009, 12:06 AM
solid Andy :worship:
GL in QF :yeah:

Ferrero Forever
08-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Disappointing, but the two Andy's are the worst matchup for JC, so I guess it was to be expected. Still very proud of him though:)

Sallydaisy
08-14-2009, 01:01 AM
I don't think JCF was having a row as such with Murray.

Seems that on the footbars in front of their seats it has their names and it should have a star/symbol??? to indicate how many Masters that particular player has won.

JCF was querying why there weren't 4 stars by his name to represent he'd won 4 Masters tourneys. I didn't see the entire incident but I understand he may have checked out what was in front of Murray so perhaps the cameras picked up on the conversation they had.

During the first set a technician came on to stick stars on WCF's name bar........
:rolleyes:

Anyhow - great tennis from Muzzah to get the win.
Wayne produced some decent groundstrokes at times and showed brief flashes of how he reached WR1 but Muzzah was just tooooooooo good today.
:worship:

straitup
08-14-2009, 01:07 AM
I don't think JCF was having a row as such with Murray.

Seems that on the footbars in front of their seats it has their names and it should have a star/symbol??? to indicate how many Masters that particular player has won.

JCF was querying why there weren't 4 stars by his name to represent he'd won 4 Masters tourneys. I didn't see the entire incident but I understand he may have checked out what was in front of Murray so perhaps the cameras picked up on the conversation they had.

During the first set a technician came on to stick stars on WCF's name bar........

Anyhow - great tennis from Muzzah to get the win.
Wayne produced some decent groundstrokes at times and showed brief flashes of how he reached WR1 but Muzzah was just tooooooooo good today.
:worship:

:lol: :lol: That's pretty hilarious...but Ferrero should be rightly protesting not having the stars in front since he has won Masters Series titles before

Deivid23
08-14-2009, 01:12 AM

Typical wanker´s behaviour bc of his big ego. What a retard :retard:

rocketassist
08-14-2009, 01:16 AM
Wayno has won 4 TMS titles so it's only fair he gets the respect for doing so, bad karma by the Montreal organisers.

Jimnik
08-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Disappointing, but the two Andy's are the worst matchup for JC, so I guess it was to be expected. Still very proud of him though:)
In fact even the 3rd Andy (Seppi) is a bad match-up. Must be the name. ;)

But seriously, a lot of it stems from the serve. He can't read either of their's so he can never put pressure on them. It affects his whole game, gives him nothing to build on.

LinkMage
08-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Amazing performance by the Hard court God (also the grass and clay God). :worship:

All aboard the Murray bandwagon. *choo choo*

whattheheck
08-14-2009, 02:55 AM
Expected win.

*bunny*
08-14-2009, 03:58 AM
Well done to Murray. He was really impressive on both defence and offence.

But seriously, a lot of it stems from the serve. He can't read either of their's so he can never put pressure on them. It affects his whole game, gives him nothing to build on.
I agree. And it's all match ups. For example, JC has trouble returning Roddick's serve, but he has no problem reading and returning Karlovic's serve.
Also I think two volley errors early on in the first set cost him the set. He's not bad at the net but it's often the first shot that crumbles under pression.

Hope he will have a well-deserved rest for a few days and get ready for Cincy where he traditionally does a lot better than in Canada. :hug:

ChinoRios4Ever
08-14-2009, 05:42 AM
horrible matchup for WCF, so this result is NID

Forehander
08-14-2009, 11:02 AM
better back this up with a tournament win and not let this be another Wimbledon

fast_clay
08-14-2009, 11:15 AM
All aboard the Murray bandwagon. *choo choo*

:lol:

VolandriFan
08-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Ferrero had an off day :shrug:

Certinfy
08-14-2009, 02:05 PM
The scary thing is, this WCF could of got a set against most top players when playing like that.

Goldenoldie
08-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Arguably one of Murray's most impressive and merciless demolition jobs ever. His ground strokes were pin-point on both wings and Ferrero was running backwards and forwards like a scared rabbit with a fox after it.

What a pity Murray only chooses to wear his aggressive hat once in a blue moon. If only he decided to play this way more often, I'm sure his fans (all ten of us!) would be well pleased, and he may even gain one or two more.

Please Andy, repeat after me, "The new attacking Murray starts here!"