KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER – (12) SODERLING, Robin SWE

(15) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP - Q/SE
PETZSCHNER, Philipp GER - QUERREY, Sam USA
TROICKI, Viktor SRB - FERRER, David ESP
BYE – (2) NADAL, Rafael ESP

Sommarsverige
08-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I also almost got a shock when I saw Ferrus draw :(

'Really worst ever possible draw :sad: I mean we still don´t know in which kind of shape Rafa will be, but anyway, I also wanted Rafa to win some rounds...

Who made this draw :devil:

alisia
08-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I also almost got a shock when I saw Ferrus draw :(

'Really worst ever possible draw :sad: I mean we still don´t know in which kind of shape Rafa will be, but anyway, I also wanted Rafa to win some rounds...

Who made this draw :devil:

I'd say it was a Federer fan given Rafa's got the 4,5 & 6th seeds :fiery:

knight_ley
08-08-2009, 08:55 PM
:(

FerrersLinda
08-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Girlies, Rafa has got doggy knees. Am I the only one who believes in David?

Okay, back to planet earth, that's an awful draw.:awww:

alisia
08-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Davy & Tommy have kissed and made up and are playing together again :crazy:

(1) Bryan/Bryan vs BYE
Parrott/Polasek vs Lindstedt/Melo
(WC) Dancevic/Duclos vs Davydenko/Kunitsyn
BYE vs (8) Kubot/Marach

(4) Soares/Ullyett vs BYE
Dlouhy/Petzschner vs Kohlschreiber/Wawrinka
(WC) Nadal/Roig vs Djokovic/Vemic
BYE vs (7) Mirnyi/Ram

(6) Fyrstenberg/Matkowski vs BYE
Chardy/Simon vs Haas/Stepanek
Kas/Troicki vs Hutchins/A.Murray
BYE vs (3) Bhupathi/Knowles

(5) Moodie/Norman vs BYE
Aspelin/Hanley vs Lopez/Verdasco
Ferrer/Robredo vs Llodra/Tsonga
BYE vs (2) Nestor/Zimonjic

FerrersLinda
08-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Davy & Tommy have kissed and made up and are playing together again :crazy:

Yippeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, it would be fun if they get to win two matches and get to play Lopez/Verdasco. No way will that happen though.:p

I love the Rafa/Roig and Djoko/Vemic match up.:D

Sommarsverige
08-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Anyway, it would be fun if they get to win two matches and get to play Lopez/Verdasco. No way will that happen though.:p

Awwww, this is just sooooooooooooooooooooo cool :bounce:

I just already would like to ask them to repeat that at an event where I can watch them....Miami 2010 would be an idea :angel:

alisia
08-09-2009, 06:09 PM

I just knew you would be sooo happy :p

alisia
08-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Oops for Monday

David & Tommy play their doubles match 2nd on court 9

FerrersLinda
08-10-2009, 05:29 PM
They've just won the first set 7-6(6).:) Maybe Tommy can stay.:scratch:

alisia
08-10-2009, 05:36 PM
They've just won the first set 7-6(6).:) Maybe Tommy can stay.:scratch:

you're mean :p they've just got broken in the 2nd :rolleyes:

alisia
08-10-2009, 05:52 PM
they lost the 2nd set 6-1 :rolleyes:

FerrersLinda
08-10-2009, 05:52 PM
you're mean :p they've just got broken in the 2nd :rolleyes:

No it's called realistic.:p I take it back though as they've just lost the second 1-6:eek:

alisia
08-10-2009, 06:03 PM
but they won a champions tie-break 10-8 :bounce:

FerrersLinda
08-10-2009, 06:08 PM
but they won a champions tie-break 10-8 :bounce:

:lol: ok he can stay for now.

FerrersLinda
08-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm watching the GL-Mathieu slug fest. I've always liked Mathieu as much as I find him frustrating. Btw what is GL on? I can't remember him playing that well.:scratch:

alisia
08-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm watching the GL-Mathieu slug fest. I've always liked Mathieu as much as I find him frustrating. Btw what is GL on? I can't remember him playing that well.:scratch:

he's watching the end of last nights golf :rolleyes: and then hopefully I'll see Kiefer play :)

alisia
08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
:lol: ok he can stay for now.

:p

Sommarsverige
08-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Great they won the doubles :bounce: :bounce:

Would be nice if they can stay as long in the tournament as there might be a chance for watching their doubles on live stream :worship:

FerrersLinda
08-10-2009, 06:53 PM
he's watching the end of last nights golf :rolleyes: and then hopefully I'll see Kiefer play :)

I've got the sluggies and then I'll have to leave. Hope to be back around five-ish to watch Marat.:)

FerrersLinda
08-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Birte:wavey:

alisia
08-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I've got the sluggies and then I'll have to leave. Hope to be back around five-ish to watch Marat.:)

Tiger just won so I get to see GGL break PHM :p I don't get to see Marat until tomorrow afternoon :sad:

Sommarsverige
08-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Birte:wavey:

Linda :wavey:

All our chicos are playing tomorrow, hope we can get some live streams :worship:

alisia
08-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Linda :wavey:

All our chicos are playing tomorrow, hope we can get some live streams :worship:

I've multi court coverage :p except for the night session which I get to see the next day :banghead:

alisia
08-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Oops for Tuesday

David plays 3rd on Court BN

knight_ley
08-11-2009, 12:59 AM
:yeah:

FerrersLinda
08-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Oops for Tuesday

David plays 3rd on Court BN

No way will I get to see that. I guess I'll have Murray, Djoko and tonight probably Fed.:sad: If he wins though, I'm 99% sure I'll get to see his next match.:)

Did anybody see the coach-pupil dubs yesterday?

Ali did you wake up to an angry and at times brilliant Marat?

FerrersLinda
08-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh god, we've another Tommy fan on the forum.:bolt: :p

:wavey:

alisia
08-11-2009, 04:15 PM
No way will I get to see that. I guess I'll have Murray, Djoko and tonight probably Fed.:sad: If he wins though, I'm 99% sure I'll get to see his next match.:)

Did anybody see the coach-pupil dubs yesterday?

Ali did you wake up to an angry and at times brilliant Marat?

I've got JCF followed by Feli followed by David :devil:

I followed Rafa's match on the live scoreboard because Sky don't show any doubles :mad:

I watched Marat this afternoon and at least he played decent :) and he did look rather gorgeous when he got angry :p

behave :p

Welcome :wavey:

Sommarsverige
08-11-2009, 08:40 PM

The more the better ;)

Mary, welcome here as well :wavey:

alisia
08-11-2009, 10:18 PM
He won the 1st set 6-3 :bounce: shame the nasty people at Sky took the interactive coverage off at the end of Feli's match :mad:

FerrersLinda
08-11-2009, 10:29 PM
He won the 1st set 6-3 :bounce: shame the nasty people at Sky took the interactive coverage off at the end of Feli's match

I went to work during the rain delay. Did get to see the end of Feli-Nandos second set.

VAMOS DAVID!!!:D

FerrersLinda
08-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Just realised that he'll probably play Rafa tomorrow. Hardly any coverage tomorrow because of all the international football games. Hope, hope and pray it will be an evening match.

alisia
08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
He's just won 6-3 6-0 :bounce:

alisia
08-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Just realised that he'll probably play Rafa tomorrow. Hardly any coverage tomorrow because of all the international football games. Hope, hope and pray it will be an evening match.

Oops for Wednesday

David v Rafa is the night match

which means I won't get to see it until Thursday afternoon :sad:

FerrersLinda
08-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Oops for Wednesday

David v Rafa is the night match

which means I won't get to see it until Thursday afternoon :sad:

Sorry for you:hug: but I'm a happy bunny.:D

katewallace
08-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Does anyone else feel physically sick that Nadal and Ferrer have to play eachother so soon? I have been caught up in the Juanqui comeback rush (although I will probably be shot for calling it a comback!)and it's so hard as I basically like the whole Spanish Armada but Ferru and Juanqui hold a special place in my heart

alisia
08-13-2009, 12:06 AM
David retired with a knee injury at 3-4* in the first set :sad:

FerrersLinda
08-13-2009, 12:11 AM
David retired with a knee injury at 3-4* in the first set :sad:

From the very first minute I saw him limping onto court I said he wouldn't finish this match. He looked to be in real pain. Because he's a player who relies so heavily on being able to move well, I'm not very confident he'll be back this season.:sad:

FerrersLinda
08-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Does anyone else feel physically sick that Nadal and Ferrer have to play eachother so soon? I have been caught up in the Juanqui comeback rush (although I will probably be shot for calling it a comback!)and it's so hard as I basically like the whole Spanish Armada but Ferru and Juanqui hold a special place in my heart

Nah, I hardly ever feel physically sick when it comes to tennis or any other sport. It's just a game.;) But I did think it was an unfortunate draw, as much for Rafa as for David. Can't be easy to play your first match after 3 months off the tour against a fighter like David. You just know the points are gonna be long, which can't have been what Rafa would have liked for his first match.

Such a shame David had to retire, it could have been a very entertaining match.:sad:

You can call Juanqui's winning streak a comeback rush, because it is. I think most people had already filled him under "has been". I think that's probably one of the reasons he is doing so well, nobody is expecting anything, so no pressure.:cool:

alisia
08-13-2009, 12:19 AM
From the very first minute I saw him limping onto court I said he wouldn't finish this match. He looked to be in real pain. Because he's a player who relies so heavily on being able to move well, I'm not very confident he'll be back this season.:sad:

I thought the same :sad: tbh I didn't understand why he even played :confused: he needs to be fit for IW next year :p

FerrersLinda
08-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Hey, :wavey: you still awake?

FerrersLinda
08-13-2009, 12:26 AM
I thought the same :sad: tbh I didn't understand why he even played :confused: he needs to be fit for IW next year :p

I think he played because he's not somebody who likes to give up and will always try to fight. Even if it wasn't the smartest thing to do.

I'm sure he'll be in IW next year, damn it he better be as we are thinking of going there too. Dik probably will have to work in LA around that time, so the plan is to go to IW together, than Dik will go and work, while I fly on to Miami.:D

cobalt60
08-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Hope it isn't very serious :scared:

FerrersLinda
08-13-2009, 02:42 AM
Hope it isn't very serious :scared:

It did look serious.:scared:

alisia
08-13-2009, 10:42 AM
It may not be as bad as we thought :)

Nadal through as Ferrer retires

Rafael Nadal's return to competitive action following his knee injury ended in bizarre fashion as David Ferrer conceded at 4-3 down in the first set on account of his own knee complaint.

World number two Nadal looked extremely rusty on his first competitive singles outing for two months, as his serve was without punch and his ground strokes lacked precision.

Despite this, the fighting skills were in evidence and he had just secured a second break of serve when Ferrer called time.

"I had problems with my knee, I cannot play," said Ferrer. "I've had the problem since before Wimbledon and I want to take some treatment.

"I don't think (the injury is serious), I think next week I will play."

Ferrer made a nervous start and two double faults enabled Nadal to secure a break of serve in the opening game.

Nadal produced a strong first service game, but he looked tentative around the court and Ferrer, shortly after calling for the trainer, broke back in an epic fourth game.

Ferrer needed eight break points and only got over the line thanks to a double fault from Nadal.

Nadal broke for a second time in game seven and appeared to be finding his range, but he was denied some valuable court time by Ferrer's concession.

alisia
08-13-2009, 10:49 AM
from the match v Rafa

FerrersLinda
08-13-2009, 12:00 PM
He has had the injury since before Wimbledon, he wants to take some treatment and play next week? Right:cuckoo: What kinda miracle treatment is that?

alisia
08-13-2009, 01:14 PM
He has had the injury since before Wimbledon, he wants to take some treatment and play next week? Right:cuckoo: What kinda miracle treatment is that?

I think that is called being optimistic :p

FerrersLinda
08-13-2009, 05:01 PM
I think that is called being optimistic :p

Or stupid. Makes no sense to start playing asap. Better make sure he's healthy.

sierra91
08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Or stupid. Makes no sense to start playing asap. Better make sure he's healthy.

As much as I've been looking forward to seeing him in Cincy next week, I agree completely. Much more important to fully recover from the injury.

alisia
08-13-2009, 05:36 PM
you would hope Javi stops him hurting himself anymore if not we need to phone his Mummy :p

Sommarsverige
08-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Chicas, I was sooooooooooo much worried when I read the comments about Ferrus injury shortly here before from work :(
But now reading the article Ali posted I am also getting a little more optimistic :worship:

I also think Ferru should get some real treatment and really just start playing again when he is completely injury free!

Get well soon, chico :worship: :hug:

alisia
08-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Awful draw first up Nalbandian then potential 3rd round match v the Toad :help:

(1)Nadal BYE
(WC)Dancevic -Wawrinka
L. Mayer - Q
(16)Querrey - Q
(11)Cilic - Troicki
Tipsarevic - Kohlschreiber
(WC)Duclos - Q
(8)Roddick BYE

(4)Murray BYE
Malisse - Berrer
Lopez - de Bakker
(15)Monfils - Gonzalez
(10)Ferrer - Nalbandian
Robredo - Q
Gulbis - Bellucci
(5)Soderling BYE

(7)Berdych BYE
Stakhovsky - Gasquet
Dolgopolov - Petzschner
(12)Youzhny - Simon
(14)Almagro - Q
Llodra - Giraldo
Chela - Falla
(3)Federer BYE

(6)Davydenko BYE
Q - Stepanek
Baghdatis - Chardy
(9)Verdasco - Schwank
(13)Melzer - (WC)Polansky
Hanescu - (WC)Raonic
Q - Benneteau
(2)Djokovic BYE

Sapeod
08-07-2010, 02:56 PM
David really has gotten terrible draw! :o
Fatbandian is by far the most dangerous unseeded player, and poor David draws him! :(
Still, I have confidence that he'll manage to win!!
Vamos David!!! :D

alisia
08-08-2010, 04:55 PM
No. 10 David Ferrer. Ferrer will have a tough first round assignment with former World No. 3 David Nalbandian (Ferrer leads 6-4).

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2010/08/31/Toronto-Preview.aspx

Yolkina
08-11-2010, 08:58 AM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/mooraie/La%20buvette/Nalby/9a03f68b.jpg

Edda
08-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Aw, poor Ferru!