Rafa looking achy [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa looking achy

exposbabe
08-08-2009, 05:54 AM
Here's a link (http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/blogs/opencourt/archive/2009/08/07/rafa-hits-the-practice-courts.aspx) to photos and (some rather shaky) video of Rafa's first practice in Montreal.

I know he just got off a plane. But that's true of most of the other guys as well. He sure didn't look good. He looked a little better Friday in a brief hit with Gilles Simon.

There are plenty of photos of the players practicing on Thursday. You can find them right here (http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/media/g/opencourt/tags/RogersCup09-men/AUG06/default.aspx).

Sorry, you can't post 'em up on this site. They're exclusively copyrighted for use with my newspaper. But feel free to have a look.

I'll try to fill requests. But it's all time-dependent.
http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/resized-image.ashx/__size/620x410/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.32.44.35/rafastiff2.jpg

VolandriFan
08-08-2009, 06:06 AM
I hope the pain subsides soon, it's a very unfortunate situation Rafa's facing.

Clay Death
08-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Here's a link (http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/blogs/opencourt/archive/2009/08/07/rafa-hits-the-practice-courts.aspx) to photos and (some rather shaky) video of Rafa's first practice in Montreal.

I know he just got off a plane. But that's true of most of the other guys as well. He sure didn't look good. He looked a little better Friday in a brief hit with Gilles Simon.

There are plenty of photos of the players practicing on Thursday. You can find them right here (http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/media/g/opencourt/tags/RogersCup09-men/AUG06/default.aspx).

Sorry, you can't post 'em up on this site. They're exclusively copyrighted for use with my newspaper. But feel free to have a look.

I'll try to fill requests. But it's all time-dependent.
http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/resized-image.ashx/__size/620x410/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.32.44.35/rafastiff2.jpg

thanks for sharing. he is not hitting worth a shit. just too long a layoff and he also didnt get on the court until about a week ago.

dont know why he didnt just practice a little on clay. you can hit the ball just standing around and you can do it wothout putting much pressure on the knees.

he would have been further along had he done so.

Muster couldnt move at all and yet he was able to hit balls from a custom made bench and even a wheel chair.

i am not very happy with the Clay Monster right now. given the condition he is in, dont think he will last a match here.

so basically i have no expectations. the sooner he gets out of here the better as far as i am concerned. there will be time enough to win matches and titles. right now its best to protect the knees until he is good and ready.

i really dont see the point of being here.

Clay Death
08-08-2009, 06:12 AM
I hope the pain subsides soon, it's a very unfortunate situation Rafa's facing.

i dont think the right knee is where it needs to be. hard courts was not the place to try to ease into the game. i believe he should have tried to test his knees a little on a small clay event like gstaad. and then take it from there.

the risk is way too great at this point to make a comeback on the hard courts right from get go.

pica_pica
08-08-2009, 06:20 AM
:awww:

CyBorg
08-08-2009, 06:25 AM
We're analyzing this now? Light practice? For realz? Find a hobby.

FedFan_2007
08-08-2009, 06:27 AM
:eek:

FedFan_2007
08-08-2009, 06:28 AM
CD - I wonder if you're reading way too much into this light hit.

Federer&Hingis
08-08-2009, 06:30 AM
:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:: devil::devil:

Clay Death
08-08-2009, 06:30 AM
We're analyzing this now? Light practice? For realz? Find a hobby.

it looks like you have not found a hobby either old sport.

what the hell do you think this is anyway, a bloody electromolecular propulsion class?

now beat it. or bring me some information on something i dont know.

FedFan_2007
08-08-2009, 06:31 AM

You're sick reveling in the pain of others. You should be ashamed of yourself. :mad::mad::mad:

Clay Death
08-08-2009, 06:31 AM
CD - I wonder if you're reading way too much into this light hit.

negative. i know the deal old sport. he wont make it past his first match.

i know he is still in pain. he has to try to put his best foot forward so you wont hear that from him right now.

gulzhan
08-08-2009, 06:32 AM
:sad:

FedFan_2007
08-08-2009, 06:34 AM
negative. i know the deal old sport. he wont make it past his first match.

i know he is still in pain. he has to try to put his best foot forward so you wont hear that from him right now.

You know it might be more psychological then physical for Rafa. Once he gets into a match and FORGETS about the knees, he'll be alright.

Clay Death
08-08-2009, 06:47 AM
You know it might be more psychological then physical for Rafa. Once he gets into a match and FORGETS about the knees, he'll be alright.

over 2 months of rust is not easily shaken for a player who has to have better than superb timing to execute his topspin strokes.

also as i have suggested, the movement is going to be way off. he is nothing without his movement and his ability to run.

it is different this time around. going into the australian open, he was out practicing and training for about 7 hours a day.

this time around, he was not even on the court until about a week ago.

lets just say that it is going to take some time this time. sad to say but that is the reality on the ground.

FedFan_2007
08-08-2009, 06:50 AM
My view is that Montreal/Cincy are glorified practice tournaments, and he'll be up to several hours a day practice after Cincy. That's the theory at least. He even admitted yesterday that he will lose at those 2 events. When has he ever done that before?

Bargearse
08-08-2009, 07:07 AM
it looks like you have not found a hobby either old sport.

what the hell do you think this is anyway, a bloody electromolecular propulsion class?

now beat it. or bring me some information on something i dont know.

I just love it when folks feel the need to advise others of how better to spend their time, when they themselves are participating in the very act that prompted the advice. Or something. ??? :confused:

I'm not going to write Nadal off just yet... I'm interested to see how he goes. Can't wait. Really surprised Simon practiced with him. Didn't Bjorkman say he was so unpopular no one would practice with him???:rolleyes:

FedFan_2007
08-08-2009, 07:10 AM
I'll be interested to see what Nadal's practice sessions are like in 2 weeks. It's way too early to judge now.

opeth84
08-08-2009, 09:29 AM
I'll be interested to see what Nadal's practice sessions are like in 2 weeks. It's way too early to judge now.

Agreed. He's just in that awkward stage of not knowing how far he can push it at this time. Hopefully he will be ok to play and if not then pull out from Montreal. Would be a shame if he were to do even more damage to his knees.

Certinfy
08-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Great report and :sad:

timafi
08-08-2009, 12:30 PM
he should skip the whole hard court season imo
those hard courts will be brutal on his knees since he is obviously sore

Burrow
08-08-2009, 12:32 PM
You're sick reveling in the pain of others. You should be ashamed of yourself. :mad::mad::mad:

thats all you ever say on this forum, same shit all the time

Rafan
08-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I think we need to take it one day at a time. It will be great just to see him on a tennis court. At least there is no pressure on him to win win win........

the graduate
08-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I think he should call it a season there is no point in aggravating an injury on the hardcourts,go back to Mallorca and rest up for next year.

Mimi
08-10-2009, 05:18 AM
happy to see others in pain, how low can you be? :rolleyes:

l_mac
08-10-2009, 10:49 PM
it is different this time around. going into the australian open, he was out practicing and training for about 7 hours a day.

How would you know?

vamosinator
08-11-2009, 05:51 AM
As expected (by me anyway) Nadal on target for the US Open.....

“It’s great to be back and I had a lot of fun playing with Francisco,” Nadal told reporters. “A win is a win and doubles is fun and important so I am happy about the way it went today.

“I am really looking forward to playing singles on Wednesday.”

Rafan
08-11-2009, 10:27 AM
He looked happy and content yesterday. Plus he gave all us fans what we wanted..........BICEPS!!!:inlove:

kaylee
08-11-2009, 03:09 PM
I agree (I am shallow that way) anytime we can have sleeveless shirts the better. Hey a win is a win and even tho it was doubles - I hear he did most of the work. It is amazing how much you miss something when you don't have it.

Swiss Mountain
11-12-2009, 05:19 AM
was saying to myself I was going to support rafa after Roger retire but I don't know anymoe; lease help me

Swiss Mountain
11-12-2009, 05:20 AM
I was saying to myself I was going to support Rafa after Roger retire but I don't know anymore; please help me
I should edit & behave, times are running fast huuum