US- Open Prediction Thread: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

US- Open Prediction Thread:

federersforehand
07-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Who will win??

Will it be Federer? Nadal? Murray? Will it be an unknown? Thoughts?

My prediction is Federer to take the title vs Djoker in the final, Murray to lose to Fed and Roddick to lose to Djoker in SFs

Nadal to exit in the quarters

Lopez
07-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Hello kingfederer :wavey:

Noleta
07-30-2009, 02:46 PM
It could be the same final like last year:zzz:if they don't face eachother in the semi:)i'll go for Federer he must be on a high:D

Certinfy
07-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Murray.

HattonWBA
07-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Federer. and look for Potro to maybe make the final

Sunset of Age
07-30-2009, 06:27 PM
As usual, a poll posted much too early.
Let's first await how the guys will do on HC at all, okay? Montreal and Cincy first. Can't wait. :bounce:

chowdahead25
07-30-2009, 07:33 PM
If I had to pick now, and the draw allowed it, I would have Federer over Djokovic and Tsonga over Murray in the quarters, with Fed beating Tsonga in 4 to win the title.
Nadal out in 4th round.

zeleni
07-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Falcon, hopefully. :D

BigJohn
07-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Federer. (This poll is way too early, would have been better after Montreal)

ORGASMATRON
07-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Federer will win thats obvious.

A meaningfull prediction would be that Nadal will crash out in rounds 1-4 against a decent player. If he draws Isner he is done.

federersforehand
07-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Agree with the 'too early' posts, but i thought i would get the ball rolling early because i reckon this one is going to be really tough to call.

ORGASMATRON
07-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Agree with the 'too early' posts, but i thought i would get the ball rolling early because i reckon this one is going to be really tough to call.

Are you idding me? There can be only one.

federersforehand
07-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Are you idding me? There can be only one.

I love Fed too but you just cannot count out a returning Nadal, A Murray who could peak at any second, A Roddick returning to form and hungry for feds blood (:devil:), or even a mystery box Djokovic. All of them seem to have improved on form bar Nadal and Nole as the tournament draws closer. And now, Fed has a major commitment in other aspects of his life too, plus he has reached a goal that would be the last on anyones list: have most grand slams ever, so he will be playing just for some extra.

Goldenoldie
07-30-2009, 10:31 PM
I've voted for Murray, but I'm not really convinced.
Anything could happen.

ORGASMATRON
07-30-2009, 11:05 PM
I love Fed too but you just cannot count out a returning Nadal, A Murray who could peak at any second, A Roddick returning to form and hungry for feds blood (:devil:), or even a mystery box Djokovic. All of them seem to have improved on form bar Nadal and Nole as the tournament draws closer. And now, Fed has a major commitment in other aspects of his life too, plus he has reached a goal that would be the last on anyones list: have most grand slams ever, so he will be playing just for some extra.

I think people have a misconception about Fed's future. Has he ever struck you as a guy who plays just for the heck of it? If he is to keep playing he will hold nothing back. Trust me when i say this, he will want to win as many slams as he can. And more then that he is playing for the love of the game, the records are secondary. This should tell you that his level is not going to drop all of a sudden. Its all about priorities.

peribsen
07-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Trust me when i say this, he will want to win as many slams as he can.

Meaning the 6 slams he has already lost to Nadal, a player you seem to leave out forever simply because he lost a couple of matches and has been injured?

I don´t think Nadal will win this year, though we´ll have to wait and see how he comes back in Canada. But the way some people simply dismiss him as if he had only won once through luck really leaves me to doubt whether you deserve the trust you ask for.

roberthenman
07-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Murray

ORGASMATRON
07-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Meaning the 6 slams he has already lost to Nadal, a player you seem to leave out forever simply because he lost a couple of matches and has been injured?

I don´t think Nadal will win this year, though we´ll have to wait and see how he comes back in Canada. But the way some people simply dismiss him as if he had only won once through luck really leaves me to doubt whether you deserve the trust you ask for.

I dont leave out Nadal but he has a lot to prove now. The way he went out at the FO and the subsequent withdrawal from Wmby was not impressive to say the least. He has lost his unbeatable aura and nr 1 spot. He is now where Fed was a while back, and there is no guarantee that he will come back as strong as Fed did. He fucked up badly with his knees. With Fed and others with power games it will be exceptionally hard to get bakc to where he was just a couple of months ago. Well have to see.

As for Fed winning GS, you dont have to trust me. But i did predict that Roger would win the French and Wimby, just see my blog. And i predict he will win the USO as well. The fact that he can become the first man in the Open era to win 6 USO's and be the first man in i dont know how long to win 6 straight GS titles of a single GS would provide more then enough an incentive for him.

MatchFederer
07-30-2009, 11:50 PM
If Federer does win it.. and falls at the last hurdle again to Nadal at the 2010 Aussie Open (for 4 majors in a row), then errr... that would be pretty funny.

Anyway, I voted for PML (Poor Mans Lendl - AKA Djokovic) to win the US Open 2009.

Silly old bat...

But it would be awesome if Gasquet could win it. I would still cheer for Federer though if him and Gasquet came H2H.

Also, It would be quite funny (and great) if the Djoke won it, leaving Murray still on 0 with a lot to prove and the forgotten Djokovic with 2 slams and heading in 2010 with a lot of momentum, with Grandpa Federer and Nadal still about.

federersforehand
07-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Overwhelming support for Fed, im surprised really

zlaja777
07-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Murray vs Djokovic in the final.

Black Adam
07-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Roddick vs Murray in the final.

bokehlicious
07-31-2009, 01:34 PM
If for some reason Fed fails to win it then I see (and hope) Roddick take it...

federersforehand
07-31-2009, 01:35 PM
If for some reason Fed fails to win it then I see (and hope) Roddick take it...

Completely agreed, its just horrible to see someone come so close so many times yet fall at the last hurdle to the same guy over and over, shame that that guy is my favourite player and has been since 01'. :)

DrJules
07-31-2009, 06:28 PM
If Federer does win it.. and falls at the last hurdle again to Nadal at the 2010 Aussie Open (for 4 majors in a row), then errr... that would be pretty funny.

Anyway, I voted for PML (Poor Mans Lendl - AKA Djokovic) to win the US Open 2009.

Silly old bat...

But it would be awesome if Gasquet could win it. I would still cheer for Federer though if him and Gasquet came H2H.

Also, It would be quite funny (and great) if the Djoke won it, leaving Murray still on 0 with a lot to prove and the forgotten Djokovic with 2 slams and heading in 2010 with a lot of momentum, with Grandpa Federer and Nadal still about.

Certainly Djokovic should not be underestimated. His relentless mechanical hitting on hard courts can be very effective.

MacTheKnife
07-31-2009, 07:10 PM

I like this pick. Going out on a limb here and taking Roddick in this one. Having won the USO once, it may just give him that slight mental edge he lacked at Wimby. We'll see..

DrJules
07-31-2009, 07:33 PM

I like this pick. Going out on a limb here and taking Roddick in this one. Having won the USO once, it may just give him that slight mental edge he lacked at Wimby. We'll see..

Good chance if opposite sides of draw.

However, Murray moves better on hard court and believes he is better on hard court and I would expect to reverse the Wimbledon result.

BigJohn
08-01-2009, 02:03 AM

Better as a semi... if you add a Roddick-Federer final, then that would sustain a tennis buzz for days in the US.

Sapeod
08-01-2009, 04:22 AM
Better as a semi... if you add a Roddick-Federer final, then that would sustain a tennis buzz for days in the US.
Another Fed/Duck final would be shit. Besides Roddick ain't reaching any final.

kooties
08-01-2009, 05:09 AM
Someone please drug Tsonga into making him think he's playing in france.

Arkulari
08-01-2009, 05:12 AM
if it's another Duck/Fed final, we all know the outcome :shrug:

kooties
08-01-2009, 05:14 AM

Silly old bat...

I like Djokovic and all, but considering recent form, he would be more of a DML (Destitute Man's Lendl).

Hola Mr. SK
08-01-2009, 05:21 AM
R.Nadal

MIMIC
08-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Federer will win

Nadal is injured (4th/3rd round...if he plays)
Murray can't step it up at a Slam (finals maybe)
Djokovic playing like shit (quarter finals)
Roddick is Federer's play toy (semi-finals or finals)
Everybody else: whatever

Out of the 4 slams, this'll be the only one I get right. My early predictions:

Australian Open: Djokovic
French Open: Gulbis
Wimbledon: Djokovic
USO: Federer

Sapeod
08-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Federer will win

Why the fuck did you predict Gulbis to win RG???? :spit:

BigJohn
08-01-2009, 06:16 AM

This was an amazingly bold double prediction: Djokovic winning two slams in one year AND defending a title. What are the odds of that?

mr_burns
08-01-2009, 06:25 AM
much too early:
first need to see how Nadal comes back

and
how Federer is playing after being a father..(maybe less focuses, I don't think so)

can Djokovic regain confidence

the one without a question mark is Murray, if the 3 won't be at their best, he might win his first slam

Roddick has a slim chance
Haas, Hewitt and some other going to upset higher seeds like in wimbledon (that's what I hope)

ORGASMATRON
08-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Federer will win

Worst predictions ever, you had to be joking. I didnt predict for the AO, but got RG and Wimby right, and i will probably get USO right too. Going for the three in one year :cool:

whattheheck
08-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Too early to tell. Let's see what happens during Montreal and Cincy.

ORGASMATRON
08-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Either a Duck/Fed or Mugray/Fed final.