Fumigator bites the big apple in name of Tennis!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fumigator bites the big apple in name of Tennis!!

Fumus
08-30-2004, 05:12 AM
That's right kiddos, boy and girls, ladies and gents, children of all ages and races....I am going to the USO tommorow!! I will bring back pics, movies, autographs, and lots of love from the OPEN!!

-Ryan :)

Hey if I am lucky, I might even decide to stay and see Robby and Andre :eek: could be a darn good match!!

Deboogle!.
08-30-2004, 05:28 AM
awwwwwwwwwwww you adopted my nickname for you *sniff sniff* I'm so touched

Anyway... have a BLAST!

MisterQ
08-31-2004, 11:38 PM
hey Ryan! I was there at the night session. I probably walked right by you, lol. :)

did you have fun?! I hope you are showing NYC how to have a good time! ;)

Fumus
09-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Well....let's talk about how the day went.

It started off as a long drive from Schenectady to Flushing. The trip took about 3 and a half hours. By the time I got to Flushing, the parking lot at Shea Stadium had over filled and they were refusing to allow cars in. Loads of people in their cars with nowhere to park spilled on to the streets looking for parking spaces in nearby neighborhoods. I parked about a mile and a half away on one such street. I got to the security place and the security took my digital camera, they said it was too large a camera and unless I had a media creditial it had to be checked and that I could pick it up at the end of the day. That was a huge let down so I didn't get any pics from the day.

When I got in the Moya match had just started and I ventured over there. The second set had just started and you arenít allowed to go to your seats until a change over. So I waited in a line to enter the stands at this lobby/food court place at the base of Armstrong. I watched on the television and saw Moya had lost the first set to some young American. What was so weird is when serves were struck could you hear them bang the walls outside of where you stood waiting just as you saw it on tv, it was sorta surreal. I eventually took my seat in the stands and stayed for the second set. What you miss on tv is just how fast everything happens during a point. It's very slowed on the television. When I watched it in person, you can see just how fast a 132mph ace from Moya is(it's fast). You hear the noise of the ball being struck and bamm, it's just there on the other side of the net.

The best part of my day was walking around the practice courts and the outer courts. This is where you can get up close and very personal with all your favorite stars. Over the course of the day I was no more than 5 feet from the likes of Guga, the Bryan brothers, Fabrice Santoro, Tommy Robredo, Mardy Fish, Younes El-Anyoui, Nick Bolletari, Robby Ginepri, Xavier Malisse, Jan-Micheal Gambill (he was practicing without his shirt on and he's ripped, no body fat), Taylor Dent (his gut is huge, I mean, it's really big).

Jan Mike and Taylor were interesting, Taylor came on to warm up with Fabrice as Jan Mike was leaving and they started hitting balls at each other fooling around it was soo funny. Taylor hit an overhead and purposely missed it to almost hit Jan Mike. Jan Mike then took the ball laughing and whacked it back at Taylor.

When I saw the Bryans practice they were really serious, they were playing some mini-court game with another doubles team. They fooled around when they weren't playing, like punching one another, or launching balls into other practice courts to cause trouble (which was soo funny). I saw Donald Young Jr. a couple times, he was just chillin out on some bleachers nearby a practice court. I talked to him for a bit, he was really cool and really funny. I asked him when he was going to beat Fed and he said "When can we play?"..haha. He had those stupid color contacts, which look so fake. He did come off a little cocky but he was cool. I saw Scoville Jenkins practicing with a bunch of other juniors, I didnít know who it was at the time but, now I do.

The best match of my trip came in the evening when I watched the Gaudio match from up high really high. The grandstand is like an annex of Armstrong they are connected and if you go up really high in the noise bleeds of Armstrong, there is like a little walkway, which leads you to directly above the grandstand. I walked over and watched that match and it was awesome. The match featured lots of long baseline rallies and insane shots from all over the court, definitely the best match of the day. The biggest disappointment of the day was the El-Ayouni v. Dent match, which started out awesome. Younes was making great shots and crazy plays just like always, he looked really funny with his short hair, but, it wasn't be he injured something in his leg midway in the first set.

My day was awesome and I can't possibly talk about everyone I saw and everything I did but those are the highlights.

superpinkone37
09-01-2004, 07:50 PM
wow thanks for sharing!! it sounds like you had an awesome day :rocker2:

Fumus
09-01-2004, 08:47 PM
oh btw, I already posted on it. I was there when the kid fainted. I didn't see him faint, I just saw the players talking to him, and I saw when he got back up and he laid down again, there was a big crowd around.