Nadal and his exclusive interview with spanish public TV [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal and his exclusive interview with spanish public TV

Kiedis
07-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Highlights:

"I'm the only person responsible for the tendonitis I has suffered in my knees. The best thing could have been to rest three weeks after the Rome Masters in order to be physically ok at the French Open. I didn't do it and I went to Madrid. Every step I took was a mistake, although nobody told me I would have been ok for Paris if I had dodged Madrid. It was my mistake, for sure. I'm the one to blame for this. The thing is that I could never learnt when to stop to take a rest," although he said this is something hard for him to foresee because "I've played and won matches even with pain and I enjoy playing with pain sometimes but one gets tired of always having to play with pain."

"I had spent several months like this and when I came back from Miami (in April) it really hurt badly, especially my right knee, and the truth is that it was a different pain"

"I don't know. I would like to be in Montreal in a week and a half. I will have to push it in the next few days and see." He said that returning to the game will be a gradual affair, perhaps with sharply redefined priorities.

"Almost every day while taking anti-inflammatory and I played infiltrated at the French Open. So I played Roland Garros and missed Wimbledon because I was destroyed."

"I reached the conclusion that the best thing I could do was to stop and get recovered. You face trainings unwillingly because you have no energy, and this is overwhelming," he said after undergoing a tough treatment (five hours and a half a day). "I use a magnetotherapy device to sleep; in fact, you can't sleep because you have a wire wrapped around your leg."

"Being the no. 1 is not my goal. The only thing I want is to be fine, to be happy on the court and play tennis better and better everyday, although there are people who may find it hard to understand or believe it. My only concern is to have my knees healed"

He said that the recent separation of his parents had not affected him in the way that had been claimed in the press, and said that he had spent more time on the sofa in the past two months than in the past four years.

Your thoughts

bokehlicious
07-29-2009, 12:33 PM
=> Nadal forum

Kiedis
07-29-2009, 12:42 PM
=> Nadal forum

Recent posts in this forum:

Why is N. Djokovic playing only doubles in Umag? -> Djokovic Forum?

How far will Nadal go at the US Open? -> Nadal Forum?

Baby Fed is born...TIMES TWO !!! Mirka gives birth to TWIN GIRLS ! -> Federer Forum?

Driving With Stich: A Life Fulfilled ( article from Tennisweek) -> Stich Forum? (exist :rolleyes:?)

Come on, with your approach this forum would be empty...

Henry Chinaski
07-29-2009, 12:42 PM
"magnotherapy", jesus.

no wonder his knees are fucked if he's wasting time with such quackery. might as well rub homeopathic snake oil on it.

Goldenoldie
07-29-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm not going to indulge in any will he, won't he speculation about Montreal or anywhere else. The interview seems to indicate that he is getting his priorities right at last, so if he is fit it will be good if he plays, and if he is not fit it will be good if he doesn't.

Goldenoldie
07-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Recent post in this forum:

Why is N. Djokovic playing only doubles in Umag? -> Djokovic Forum?

How far will Nadal go at the US Open? -> Nadal Forum?

Baby Fed is born...TIMES TWO !!! Mirka gives birth to TWIN GIRLS ! -> Federer Forum?

Driving With Stich: A Life Fulfilled ( article from Tennisweek) -> Stich Forum? (exist :rolleyes:?)

Come on...

For those of us who don't have time to visit each individual player's forum to see whether there is anything of interest, such threads are just fine where they are. I see your point, but let's keep the variety.

Bazooka
07-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Rafa's injury has been a huge influence in high tier tennis the last two months. Appropiate to be in GM.

Another curious thing in the interview is why he removed his knee straps. Everyone tought he was better, and in fact he was feeling pain in the upper part of the knee, so at least removed the straps from the lower part to be less bothered.

He mentions Madrid being a mistake, but also says that 3 weeks very likely wouldn't have been a full recovery anyways. IMHO, the big mistake has been Rotterdam and Miami.

bokehlicious
07-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Rafa's injury has been a huge influence in high tier tennis the last two months. Appropiate to be in GM.

I don't get your point, Federer is tennis for years, and most threads referring to him are dumped into his forum in no time, same should be applied to Nadal... :shrug: :o

DrJules
07-29-2009, 01:18 PM
The Simon Reed (Eurosport) view:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28072009/58/reed-rafa.html

jonathancrane
07-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Simon Reed = :retard:

The Pro
07-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Not to lower the tone, but...

Highlights:

"I'm the only person responsible for the tendonitis I has suffered in my knees. The best thing could have been to rest three weeks after the Rome Masters in order to be physically ok at the French Open. I didn't do it and I went to Madrid. Every step I took was a mistake, although nobody told me I would have been ok for Paris if I had dodged Madrid. It was my mistake, for sure. I'm the one to blame for this. The thing is that I could never learnt when to stop to take a rest," although he said this is something hard for him to foresee because "I've played and won matches even with pain and I enjoy playing with pain sometimes but one gets tired of always having to play with pain."

:eek: :drool:

Aenea
07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Simon Reed = :retard:

Ditto.

As for Rafa's interview I haven't watched it yet and I'll only comment on what Kiedis has provided. I'm glad to see Rafa finally getting his priorities right and admitting he doesn't know when to stop. He's always been a fool when it comes to scheduling and there have been few times when I have been so furious with him that I even have been thinking of dumping him as my favourite. Yes, he's done a lot of mistakes but I hope he learns now to be more careful when he's doing his schedule.
I still hope to see him in Montreal.

Kiedis
07-29-2009, 02:14 PM
For spanish speakers:

bRLW1ka-LWM&fmt=18

SnJ7lXtW-LM&fmt=18

EnriqueIG8
07-29-2009, 03:33 PM
For spanish speakers:

bRLW1ka-LWM&fmt=18

SnJ7lXtW-LM&fmt=18

Thanks!

vamosinator
07-29-2009, 03:47 PM
All the Federer silly worshipping threads should be moved into the Federer forum. This Nadal thread however is completely deserving to be in this forum because Nadal's absence has completely transformed the tennis landscape. Of all the threads on this 1st page of the forum this thread stands out as the most relevant to General Tennis.

Burrow
07-29-2009, 03:56 PM
"I enjoy playing with pain sometimes"

http://www.crossroadforums.com/gallery2/d/386667-1/wtf+is+this+shit+piccard.jpg

guga2120
07-29-2009, 03:59 PM
At least he finally admits playing Madrid, was a mistake.

swebright
07-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Should he sit out one whole year and come back when the knees are right/ will it ever get right? Sitting on a couch for the past two months isn't good news at all. :confused:
Or, he has to play with pain for the rest of his career on a light schedule.
Forget about being number #1. Just aim for the grand slam titles. He will be a career slam winner. :worship:

Lololita
07-29-2009, 09:28 PM
The plot thickens.

Strange to see so few replies about a Nadal health thread with BS announcements, one thing's for sure tendinitis>>>>>mono

tennizen
07-29-2009, 09:28 PM
The plot thickens.

Copycat:rolleyes:

Lololita
07-29-2009, 09:33 PM
??

tennizen
07-29-2009, 09:34 PM
??

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8891769&postcount=540

Burrow
07-29-2009, 09:38 PM

Paranoia is a terrible thing.

DrJules
07-29-2009, 09:41 PM
In Nadal's case, less will amount to more

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Posted by Tom Perrotta, TENNIS.com

Rafael Nadal fans are undoubtedly nervous about the return of the muscle-bound Majorcan at next week's Masters event in Montreal. My advice? Don't expect too much.

There's still a chance Nadal won't play next week, according to his Web site. In an interview with Spanish television, translated and posted on rafaelnadal.com, Nadal says: "I would like to come back in Montreal in a week and a half. I have to force the knees and just see how far I can go." Nadal has downplayed expectations for his return since he decided to skip Wimbledon, and he continues to do so in this interview, saying that although he feels good, "the real test would be to see how I go when I really push my knees, and I think that is likely to happen in the upcoming days."

The good news about Nadal's injury is that it doesn't require surgery; tendinitis is common and treatable. The bad news is, it's likely to be a chronic problem -- and perhaps a bigger problem for Nadal than it would be for most other players. This isn't because of the way Nadal plays; it's because of who Nadal is. No one on tour trains with as much intensity, and no one needs -- or to be more accurate, believes he needs -- more hours on the court to be his best. When Nadal can't play and train with abandon, he suffers not just physically, but mentally. Here he is again, speaking about the effects of his injury: "You lose the drive to go back to train and compete, because you are not with the same energy. Little by little, it destroys you."

For years, people have said that Nadal couldn't last because he plays such a grueling game and punishes his body more than other players. I have my doubts about that, simply because those opinions are based on appearances. Yes, Nadal's style of play looks more demanding than Roger Federer's, but just because Federer seems to glide doesn't mean his knees and ankles aren't taking a pounding. We've also seen plenty of graceful players -- Miloslav Mecir comes to mind -- suffer career-shortening injuries. The 10-month season is brutal on the joints and tendons of every player, even the pretty ones.

My concern is, can Nadal still be Nadal while playing less tennis? The encouraging news from his interview is that Nadal admits he made some scheduling mistakes this year. He said he shouldn't have played in Madrid after feeling a lot of pain in Rome. If he hadn't, he might have been healthy for Roland Garros. To my mind, he shouldn't have played in Rotterdam after the Australian Open, or in Barcelona, either. Going forward, we can expect to see Nadal less often, and that's a good thing if it allows us to see a healthy Nadal more often.

What we'll begin to learn the rest of this season, though, is whether we'll see a fabulous Nadal as often, or ever again. I hope so, because for my money, no one -- not even Roger Federer -- has played better tennis than Nadal did from April to August of last year, when he won the French Open, Wimbledon and the Olympic gold medal. The man was otherworldly. Can Nadal be that same player with a slimmer schedule, more carefully designed practices and more breaks? Up to this point, Nadal has needed to play -- and do it a lot -- to be his best. Playing hard, and suffering, have become his identity: "It is a virtue that I've always had: I like to suffer, I have learned to enjoy suffering, and I believe that is what helps me."

He's now in the process of changing that identity. The trick is doing it without killing -- slowly, as he suggested -- the great player inside.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4363886&name=tennis

Lololita
07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
You should be honored.

Clydey
07-29-2009, 09:43 PM
"magnotherapy", jesus.

no wonder his knees are fucked if he's wasting time with such quackery. might as well rub homeopathic snake oil on it.

Tell me about it. He might as well hire a reflexologist and a fucking crystal healer while he's at it.

Lololita
07-29-2009, 09:45 PM
What we'll begin to learn the rest of this season, though, is whether we'll see a fabulous Nadal as often, or ever again. I hope so, because for my money, no one -- not even Roger Federer -- has played better tennis than Nadal did from April to August of last year, when he won the French Open, Wimbledon and the Olympic gold medal. The man was otherworldly.
:haha:

Clydey
07-29-2009, 09:46 PM

It's a common phrase.

Lololita
07-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Tell me about it. He might as well hire a reflexologist and a fucking crystal healer while he's at it.
Maybe he should try using the magic needles from USO 07 again :worship:.
It's a common phrase.
No it's not, my post was an hommage.

fsoica
07-29-2009, 09:49 PM
All the Federer silly worshipping threads should be moved into the Federer forum. This Nadal thread however is completely deserving to be in this forum because Nadal's absence has completely transformed the tennis landscape. Of all the threads on this 1st page of the forum this thread stands out as the most relevant to General Tennis.

I have no regret for the zillion times I thought:
"Why nobody is telling this guy to shut his fuckin' mouth ?"

Clydey
07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Maybe he should try using the magic needles from USO 07 again :worship:.

Uncle Toni is an atheist. Surprised he's letting Rafa invest in this pseudo-scientific bullshit.

Lololita
07-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Uncle Toni is an atheist. Surprised he's letting Rafa invest in this pseudo-scientific bullshit.
He probably thinks it's awesome Rafa is in pain, as he was getting cocky thinking he could still beat people with shitty knees :worship:

I knew something was up as soon as Rafito lost a set in his first three clay tournaments anyway.

tennizen
07-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Paranoia is a terrible thing.

You should be honored.

It's a common phrase.

Thanks for putting me in my place. And here I thought I was being clever:sad:

JediFed
07-30-2009, 02:44 AM
Magnotherapy?

I used to sell shit like that when I worked in a health store.

It's crockery. Complete and utter crockery.

Sharp
07-30-2009, 03:35 AM
The plot thickens.

Strange to see so few replies about a Nadal health thread with BS announcements, one thing's for sure tendinitis>>>>>mono

Why is this relevant to this topic? If you want to compare their health problems, and compare which illness is better alibi for results failing, we should consider the fact that mono is externally caused, and it wasn't Roger's fault he got it. On the other side, Rafa just admitted that his injury is his own fault. If you analyse it from this aspect mono>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tendinitis. In fact, tendinitis can't be an excuse for anything at all, because it came as a result of wrong tactics, and it is just one of the professional tennis components.

AsGoodAsNew
07-30-2009, 03:39 AM
Injuries are dreadful and people should not keep looking for fault or blame. I can understand what Raffa was saying. He was trying to deflect any blame on his team and simply taking responsibility for his predicament.

I hope he gets back to be fully fit. Federer should thank his lucky stars - just as Graf clocked up records due to her biggest rival being out, Roger bathes in the glory of 15 slams due to his rival being out, knowing that records never qualify how that record was achieved. All there is left is statistics which don't expalin the context.

It's very sad and I just hope that Raffa can get back again and redress the situation.

castle007
07-30-2009, 03:41 AM
haha, I am glad that I am not the only one who thought that Rafa was crazy when he said that he likes to play when he is in pain. :eek:

Arkulari
07-30-2009, 04:03 AM
not to mention he prefers to use the Power Plate than do some weights for his legs... :rolleyes:
no wonder they are so weak :smash:

Byrd
07-30-2009, 04:08 AM
I heard Nadal is turning to Kabbalah to heal his knees :haha:

TheWall
07-30-2009, 06:54 AM
In Nadal's case, less will amount to more

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Posted by Tom Perrotta, TENNIS.com

Rafael Nadal fans are undoubtedly nervous about the return of the muscle-bound Majorcan at next week's Masters event in Montreal. My advice? Don't expect too much.

There's still a chance Nadal won't play next week, according to his Web site. In an interview with Spanish television, translated and posted on rafaelnadal.com, Nadal says: "I would like to come back in Montreal in a week and a half. I have to force the knees and just see how far I can go." Nadal has downplayed expectations for his return since he decided to skip Wimbledon, and he continues to do so in this interview, saying that although he feels good, "the real test would be to see how I go when I really push my knees, and I think that is likely to happen in the upcoming days."

The good news about Nadal's injury is that it doesn't require surgery; tendinitis is common and treatable. The bad news is, it's likely to be a chronic problem -- and perhaps a bigger problem for Nadal than it would be for most other players. This isn't because of the way Nadal plays; it's because of who Nadal is. No one on tour trains with as much intensity, and no one needs -- or to be more accurate, believes he needs -- more hours on the court to be his best. When Nadal can't play and train with abandon, he suffers not just physically, but mentally. Here he is again, speaking about the effects of his injury: "You lose the drive to go back to train and compete, because you are not with the same energy. Little by little, it destroys you."

For years, people have said that Nadal couldn't last because he plays such a grueling game and punishes his body more than other players. I have my doubts about that, simply because those opinions are based on appearances. Yes, Nadal's style of play looks more demanding than Roger Federer's, but just because Federer seems to glide doesn't mean his knees and ankles aren't taking a pounding. We've also seen plenty of graceful players -- Miloslav Mecir comes to mind -- suffer career-shortening injuries. The 10-month season is brutal on the joints and tendons of every player, even the pretty ones.

My concern is, can Nadal still be Nadal while playing less tennis? The encouraging news from his interview is that Nadal admits he made some scheduling mistakes this year. He said he shouldn't have played in Madrid after feeling a lot of pain in Rome. If he hadn't, he might have been healthy for Roland Garros. To my mind, he shouldn't have played in Rotterdam after the Australian Open, or in Barcelona, either. Going forward, we can expect to see Nadal less often, and that's a good thing if it allows us to see a healthy Nadal more often.

What we'll begin to learn the rest of this season, though, is whether we'll see a fabulous Nadal as often, or ever again. I hope so, because for my money, no one -- not even Roger Federer -- has played better tennis than Nadal did from April to August of last year, when he won the French Open, Wimbledon and the Olympic gold medal. The man was otherworldly. Can Nadal be that same player with a slimmer schedule, more carefully designed practices and more breaks? Up to this point, Nadal has needed to play -- and do it a lot -- to be his best. Playing hard, and suffering, have become his identity: "It is a virtue that I've always had: I like to suffer, I have learned to enjoy suffering, and I believe that is what helps me."

He's now in the process of changing that identity. The trick is doing it without killing -- slowly, as he suggested -- the great player inside.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4363886&name=tennis

The bold part is the biggest bullshit ever.

07-30-2009, 07:28 AM
If not Nadal, then who?

JediFed
07-30-2009, 07:32 AM
I hope he gets back to be fully fit. Federer should thank his lucky stars - just as Graf clocked up records due to her biggest rival being out, Roger bathes in the glory of 15 slams due to his rival being out, knowing that records never qualify how that record was achieved. All there is left is statistics which don't expalin the context.

Comparing Nadal's knees to Seles getting stabbed is just dispicable.

doublebackhand
07-30-2009, 07:41 AM

agreed :worship:

fast_clay
07-30-2009, 08:18 AM

yeah... for sure... even greed, poor scheduling and an ATP out of touch with the reality of its own tour doesn't amount to someone driving a blade through someone else's tendons...

Bargearse
07-30-2009, 09:07 AM

I have to agree here. It's not as if Graf hired someone to stab Seles or Fed hired someone to inject Nadal's knees with tendonitis. Perhaps Graf and Fed won a few more titles as a result, but it's not their fault that these unfortunate incidents occurred.

buddyholly
07-31-2009, 10:08 PM
"magnotherapy", jesus.

I totally agree that it is quackery. Magnet therapy has no attraction in my opinion.

As for myself, when my knee hurts I sleep on a bed of pyramid-shaped quartz crystals. Well actually I can't sleep because I am lying on a bed of pointy crystals.

buddyholly
07-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Magnotherapy?

I used to sell shit like that when I worked in a health store.

It's crockery. Complete and utter crockery.

I didn't know health stores had china departments.

rhinooooo
08-01-2009, 01:28 AM
not to mention he prefers to use the Power Plate than do some weights for his legs... :rolleyes:
no wonder they are so weak :smash:

Is this for real? That's pretty shocking if it is. I could understand not doing high impact cardio considering he's out practicing on the courts, but surely a professional tennis player has got to be incorporating weight/strength training sessions into their regime, particularly with the physicality of his game.

kooties
08-01-2009, 06:07 AM
Nadal should take up Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, rather than spend time with this stuff.

That stuff is amazing for the flexibility / tendon strength.

Sapeod
08-01-2009, 06:44 AM
Using magnotherapy? What an absolute retard :o No wonder he's getting crippled :tape:

Action Jackson
08-01-2009, 01:12 PM
He might as well rub the magic lamp and get 3 wishes.

As for the Seles comparison, that is just bullshit of the highest order.

Bargearse
08-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Perhaps nothing else has worked and Nadal is exploring this as a last resort? I know a lot of people try alternative medicine/procedures as a last resort when conventional treatments have failed.:shrug:

Sunset of Age
08-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Perhaps nothing else has worked and Nadal is exploring this as a last resort? I know a lot of people try alternative medicine/procedures as a last resort when conventional treatments have failed.:shrug:

Alas, yeah. Sadly enough, 'Wonder Medicine' doesn't exist, though I have to admit it may help a lot of you manage to believe in it - aka the placebo effect.
The only thing that might help him out on this, is allowing himself enough time to heal and adjust his schedule. :shrug:

Guy Haines
08-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Using mangotherapy? What an absolute retard :o No wonder he's getting crippled :tape:

But mangoes are so delicious. :confused:

On a semi-serious note, since magnotherapy has been roundly trounced, what are the board's thoughts on acupuncture?

As for the interview, Nadal admits masochism has been intrinsic to his game. :D He gives good quote when he doesn't have to speak English. Interesting too that Federer goes unmentioned when he talks about athletic achievements of recent months.

JediFed
08-03-2009, 08:45 AM
I didn't know health stores had china departments.

:lol:

Sapeod
08-03-2009, 08:45 AM

On a semi-serious note, since magnotherapy has been roundly trounced, what are the board's thoughts on acupuncture?

As for the interview, Nadal admits masochism has been intrinsic to his game. :D He gives good quote when he doesn't have to speak English. Interesting too that Federer goes unmentioned when he talks about athletic achievements of recent months.
magnotherapy :o You knew what I mean :o

The Oracle
08-11-2009, 06:13 AM
Federer should be scared......VERY..scared.

I am sorry but Federer would not be no. 1 had it not been for Nadal's injury, and that's a fact.

I think most people would like to see Nadal recovering no. 1........it will be like a fairytale.

bokehlicious
08-11-2009, 07:15 AM
I am sorry but Federer would not be no. 1 had it not been for Nadal's injury, and that's a fact.

Fact is Fed would have 3 more slams and would never have dropped to #2 in the first place had it not been for this damn mono... :)

vamosinator
08-11-2009, 10:21 AM
It may have only been a doubles match but that doesn't look like someone struggling with tendinitis. It looks like the same player who returned to tennis in January 2009 after a nearly identical injury-layoff. Goodbye Federer, time for you to take your pansy #15 jacket and go back to where you belong - below The King.

bokehlicious
08-11-2009, 10:37 AM
It may have only been a doubles match but that doesn't look like someone struggling with tendinitis. It looks like the same player who returned to tennis in January 2009 after a nearly identical injury-layoff. Goodbye Federer, time for you to take your pansy #15 jacket and go back to where you belong - below The King.

Good news. Rafa is healthy. No excuses once he gets blown off the court at USO. :)

HattonWBA
08-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Cheers for the post

Matt01
08-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Fact is Fed would have 3 more slams and would never have dropped to #2 in the first place had it not been for this damn mono... :)

:eek: :lol:

bokehlicious
08-11-2009, 12:04 PM
:eek: :lol:

...and Joker would be slamless, that goes without saying... :o :hug: :hug:

Matt01
08-11-2009, 12:10 PM
...and Joker would be slamless, that goes without saying... :o :hug: :hug:

The Joker would have kicked Federer's ass regardless. I know it ;)

bokehlicious
08-11-2009, 12:12 PM

Oh, if you know it, then I guess I can take it for granted... :worship: :lol:

:secret: we've seen numerous times how hopeless Faker is when he faces a fit Fed in slams... :shrug:

Matt01
08-11-2009, 12:25 PM
:secret: we've seen numerous times how hopeless Faker is when he faces a fit Fed in slams... :shrug:

Since when do only the Slams count? Doesn't Fed try hard anymore outside of them? :rolleyes:

This year: Djoker leads Fedmug 2:0 :worship:

:wavey:

bokehlicious
08-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Since when do only the Slams count? Doesn't Fed try hard anymore outside of them? :rolleyes:

Why would he bother? :scratch: he won't be remembered for that. Pointless. and last time I checked he had quite a few MS already :)

MariaV
08-11-2009, 12:27 PM

Of course Fed only cares about slams. Ask P. Antonius, he knows it all. :D

bokehlicious
08-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Shut up MariaV :rolleyes:

Vas voir ailleurs si j'y suis! Oust!

nobama
08-11-2009, 12:51 PM
It may have only been a doubles match but that doesn't look like someone struggling with tendinitis. It looks like the same player who returned to tennis in January 2009 after a nearly identical injury-layoff. Goodbye Federer, time for you to take your pansy #15 jacket and go back to where you belong - below The King.Nadal not expecting title (http://www.teletext.co.uk/tennis/news/5dc56d16c0f996f2c26c402a65d2211c/Nadal+not+expecting+title.aspx)

Nadal cautious on return to tour (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8192545.stm)

Nadal takes Return with Patience: "Number 1 is not my goal" (http://bsn-blog.blogspot.com/2009/08/nadal-takes-return-with-patience-number.html)

Rafael Nadal admits he will need a miracle in Montreal Masters (http://www.live-tennis.com/category/Tennis-News/Rafael-Nadal-admits-he-will-need-a-miracle-in-Montreal-Masters-200908100008/)

Nadal fears may not be fully fit for US Open (http://in.reuters.com/article/worldOfSport/idINIndia-41622320090808)

HeretiC
08-11-2009, 12:55 PM

Oh dear. :lol: Here it is, just few of many looooong before yours.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=164624&postcount=77

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=296573&postcount=22

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=790766&postcount=840

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=862761&postcount=6986

Castafiore
08-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Nadal not expecting title (http://www.teletext.co.uk/tennis/news/5dc56d16c0f996f2c26c402a65d2211c/Nadal+not+expecting+title.aspx)

Nadal cautious on return to tour (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8192545.stm)

Nadal takes Return with Patience: "Number 1 is not my goal" (http://bsn-blog.blogspot.com/2009/08/nadal-takes-return-with-patience-number.html)

Rafael Nadal admits he will need a miracle in Montreal Masters (http://www.live-tennis.com/category/Tennis-News/Rafael-Nadal-admits-he-will-need-a-miracle-in-Montreal-Masters-200908100008/)

Nadal fears may not be fully fit for US Open (http://in.reuters.com/article/worldOfSport/idINIndia-41622320090808)
Let me see what I guess you're implying:
FFS, he is at it again, the whiny ass. Of course he's not seriously injured but he's yet again maximizing the underdog position. Man up, for heaven's sake. Shut and play or stay home. At least, the GOAT never comes up with excuses unless he can back it up unlike you, you twerp.

How am i doing? :angel:

bokehlicious
08-11-2009, 01:03 PM
FFS, he' is at it again, the whiny ass. Of course he's not seriously injured but he's yet again maximizing the underdog position. Man up, for heaven's sake. Shut and play or stay home. At least, the GOAT never comes up with excuses unless he can back it up unlike you, you twerp.

Whole thread should be dumped in his forum... :zzz:

EDIT: argh, nice edit Hilde... :o

Castafiore
08-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Whole thread should be dumped in his forum... :zzz:

EDIT: argh, nice edit Hilde... :o
:o sorry.
Well, let me post it again then.

"Nadal forum" -->
It seems that MY is very eager to find and share articles about Rafa. Since this is GM and thus, perhaps not the place for it, she's welcome to share her enthousiasm with his other fans.

bokehlicious
08-11-2009, 01:10 PM
It seems that MY is very eager to find and share articles about Rafa. Since this is GM and thus, perhaps not the place for it, she's welcome to share her enthousiasm with his other fans.

This MY is such evil indeed, she dares criticize Rafito for no reason :(, when, on the other hand, Rafa fangirls have only good things to say on Fed :shrug:.

Castafiore
08-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Rafa fangirls have only good things to say on Fed :shrug:.
Did I say that, you swiss walloon? Stop deflecting.

bokehlicious
08-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Did I say that, you swiss walloon? Stop deflecting.

Stop picking on MY then :shrug: she's not worse to Rafa than most Fed haters are to Fed :awww: :hug:

Castafiore
08-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Stop picking on MY then :shrug:
Nope. :p
I'm sure MY is woman enough to defend herself from evil rafatards. :hug:

bokehlicious
08-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Nope. :p
I'm sure MY is woman enough to defend herself from evil rafatards. :hug:

Fed fans are molested in GM :shrug:, only a few brave ones still come in here... :angel: :o :p

MariaV
08-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Fed fans are molested in GM :shrug:, only a few brave ones still come in here... :angel: :o :p

It's just great that no Rafa fan is ever molested in GM. :D :kiss: :smooch:

l_mac
08-11-2009, 02:13 PM

Unlikely.

tennizen
08-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Oh dear. :lol: Here it is, just few of many looooong before yours.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=164624&postcount=77

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=296573&postcount=22

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=790766&postcount=840

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=862761&postcount=6986

I applaud you for your efforts to show me the error of my ways :bigclap:

connectolove
08-11-2009, 06:49 PM

LOL!!!! too funny, the "mangotherapy" and Nadal as a masochist but boy, TRUE!!!

Acupuncture, I have tried it and it worked, I am not sure if at the end the head is what heals everything and acupuncture just makes you feel like you are taken care of. Who knows...

At the end of the day Nadal should do everything in his hands to heal his knees, even if he has to stay out of the game longer than 6 months.

nobama
08-11-2009, 06:56 PM
FFS, he is at it again, the whiny ass. Of course he's not seriously injured but he's yet again maximizing the underdog position. Man up, for heaven's sake. Shut and play or stay home. At least, the GOAT never comes up with excuses unless he can back it up unlike you, you twerp.

Hey that's not bad at all. :D

Matt01
08-11-2009, 07:00 PM

Unlikely.

:(

star
08-12-2009, 04:56 AM
LOL!!!! too funny, the "mangotherapy" and Nadal as a masochist but boy, TRUE!!!

Acupuncture, I have tried it and it worked, I am not sure if at the end the head is what heals everything and acupuncture just makes you feel like you are taken care of. Who knows...

At the end of the day Nadal should do everything in his hands to heal his knees, even if he has to stay out of the game longer than 6 months.

I wonder if that is a little mistranslation. When he mentioned the wires, I thought of electrotherapy. That's pretty common in physical therapy. I've had it. The electrical impulses are thought to promote healing. I've had it for tendinitis.

I wouldn't think that magnets would require wires.

Guy Haines
08-12-2009, 05:11 AM
I wonder if that is a little mistranslation. When he mentioned the wires, I thought of electrotherapy. That's pretty common in physical therapy. I've had it. The electrical impulses are thought to promote healing. I've had it for tendinitis.

I wouldn't think that magnets would require wires.

Good angle there. Electrotherapy can be a huge help in treating a sports injury.

guga2120
08-12-2009, 05:16 AM

Novak, has been the 2nd best clay courter for the last 2 years.

nobama
08-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Novak, has been the 2nd best clay courter for the last 2 years.Yet Fed has the RG title. :sad:

vamosinator
08-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Djokovic isn't really made for GS tennis, neither is Murray so far. It takes a special mind and body.

FlameOn
08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Djokovic isn't really made for GS tennis, neither is Murray so far. It takes a special mind and body.
Nole is, when he's on, seeing as he's made 2 finals winning one. Murray clearly isn't.

Anyway, I was gonna post something about rather and his masochism but every beat me to it. That's pretty sexy. ;)

Matt01
08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Yet Fed has the RG title. :sad:

Yeah, that's very :sad:
But we all know that accident only happened because of Rafa's knee injury, Roger's cakewalk draw and several of his opponents choking ;)

bokehlicious
08-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah, that's very :sad:
But we all know that accident only happened because of Rafa's knee injury, Roger's cakewalk draw and several of his opponents choking ;)

I think you're right :sad: the record books will look like:

2009 RG champion: Federer *

* WARNING: don't read too much into this, Nadal was injured, the organizers rigged the draw and other players just bent over as always

vamosinator
08-12-2009, 04:33 PM
^^^ Well I think whenever anyone documents Federer and Nadal's careers this 2009 will be written about since it is rare for a Wimbledon champion not to enter the tournament the following year. So future generations will know why Federer won Roland Garros plus they'll see that Nadal resumed domination after that missed Wimbledon.

bokehlicious
08-12-2009, 04:36 PM
^^^ Well I think whenever anyone documents Federer and Nadal's careers this 2009 will be written about since it is rare for a Wimbledon champion not to enter the tournament the following year. So future generations will know why Federer won Roland Garros plus they'll see that Nadal resumed domination after that missed Wimbledon.

I also think that the next generations will laugh at that joke of a champion called Federer, at least he'll be remembered for something :shrug: :sad:

nobama
08-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Er, that pic in your sig is wrong.....need to swap out Nadal with Tiger Woods. Unless you think Nadal is a greater champion than Tiger Woods? :confused:

vahep
08-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Golf is not a sport