Gstaad R1: Youzhny d. Gaudio 6-3 5-7 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gstaad R1: Youzhny d. Gaudio 6-3 5-7 6-4

Caio_Brasil
07-26-2009, 03:10 PM
This was a thriller and must have been very interesting to watch.

Gaudio saved MP in the second set, then broke Youzhny and won it 7-5. In the third the Russian had 3-0, Gaudio broke back and got back to the match, had some chances to be ahead in the score, then saved a match-point in the last game but couldn't save another one. This includes a foot-fault in deuce or advantage for him in the last game.

Good win for Youzhny and good effort by Gastón, too bad he couldn't win it. This was a rematch from a classical Gastón moment in Kitzbuhel 2005, when he had one of his mental moments saying he was crazy, didn't want to be there and didn't know why he was struggling against "Youzhny pelotudo".

Snowwy will be happy with this result.

Action Jackson
07-26-2009, 03:11 PM
First 4 games of the match, neither player held the serve, before the Colonel stopped the nonsense in this regard.

Gaudio fought back from a break down to take the 2nd set, and was down a break in the 3rd, got it to 5-4, where Youzhny broke for the match.

Andre♥
07-26-2009, 03:12 PM
He must be really finished.

Losing a set to Gaudio? :haha:

Youzhny is on his way out of the Top 100, it seems.

Caio_Brasil
07-26-2009, 03:12 PM
The famous episode. It comes in the middle and in the end of the video.

umTAGfoXhUY

Corey Feldman
07-26-2009, 03:29 PM
2 great players past their prime, hope youz goes a few
rounds more

Jelena
07-26-2009, 03:36 PM
:sad: Gato :hug: :hug:

jonathancrane
07-26-2009, 03:36 PM
So close

muniu
07-26-2009, 03:38 PM

Gaudio saved MP in the second set, then broke Youzhny and won it 7-5. In the third the Russian had 3-0, Gaudio broke back and got back to the match, had some chances to be ahead in the score, then saved a match-point in the last game but couldn't save another one. This includes a foot-fault in deuce or advantage for him in the last game.

Good win for Youzhny and good effort by Gastón, too bad he couldn't win it. This was a rematch from a classical Gastón moment in Kitzbuhel 2005, when he had one of his mental moments saying he was crazy, didn't want to be there and didn't know why he was struggling against "Youzhny pelotudo".

what does it mean?

Caio_Brasil
07-26-2009, 03:41 PM
what does it mean?

Pelotudo is a common way of calling someone when you are mad, like "boludo". Literally it would mean something referring to a man's balls, but it's not said with this intention I guess. Maybe someone who has Spanish as the native language can explain this better.

I don't think they had any problem though, it was probably only of Gaudio's depressing moments.

Corey Feldman
07-26-2009, 03:42 PM
he called Youz a dumbass

ballbasher101
07-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Gaudio do us a favor and retire now please along with Donald Young. At his best Gaudio was a very good player to watch, now it is kind of sad to see someone who you liked watching play so badly.

DartMarcus
07-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Gaston :sad:
Hate Youzhny.

Leo
07-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Gaudio do us a favor and retire now please along with Donald Young. At his best Gaudio was a very good player to watch, now it is kind of sad to see someone who you liked watching play so badly.

Agreed. He's enjoying his first round paychecks I suppose, but there's not much actual tennis left in him. Too bad he was only awake in his career between 2001-2004, because he could have been a bigger clay court legend and he could have continued to have some interesting matches against Nadal. If he cared enough.

Meanwhile, this is a :o result for Youzhny. Could be worse. He could have lost.

muniu
07-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Pelotudo is a common way of calling someone when you are mad, like "boludo". Literally it would mean something referring to a man's balls, but it's not said with this intention I guess. Maybe someone who has Spanish as the native language can explain this better.

I don't think they had any problem though, it was probably only of Gaudio's depressing moments.

Congrats Misha , I guess a win is a win :confused::cool:

Snowwy
07-26-2009, 04:42 PM

Bahaha, of course, always :)

But not as happy as you might think, Im not really a fan of Youznhy at all, so I'm probably more indifferent than anything ;)

betowiec
07-26-2009, 06:21 PM
thrilling contest

GlennMirnyi
07-26-2009, 06:29 PM
This is the tennis equivalent of two bald men fighting over a comb.

ballbasher101
07-26-2009, 06:39 PM

Hilarious :haha:

Leo
07-26-2009, 08:25 PM

Youzhny may not be at his best, but he's not exactly old and washed up as Gaudio is. I think he's only 27. He still has time, if he wants and believes enough.

GlennMirnyi
07-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Youzhny may not be at his best, but he's not exactly old and washed up as Gaudio is. I think he's only 27. He still has time, if he wants and believes enough.

Age means nothing in this discussion.

Some players are washed up way before 27.

Caio_Brasil
07-26-2009, 08:40 PM

To be honest Gaudio is doing a favor to me when he keeps playing the tournaments. If he had already given up I wouldn't have seen him playing which was one of my best experiences in tennis if not the best.

Of course he is not at his best and I don't think he will be again, but he can still show some good moments and that's great for his fans I guess. :yeah:

ballbasher101
07-26-2009, 08:59 PM
To be honest Gaudio is doing a favor to me when he keeps playing the tournaments. If he had already given up I wouldn't have seen him playing which was one of my best experiences in tennis if not the best.

Of course he is not at his best and I don't think he will be again, but he can still show some good moments and that's great for his fans I guess. :yeah:

You know the saying, If you love someone set them free. Gaudio is like an animal wounded just waiting to be put out of its misery. I am a fan and seeing him playing like he is is just heartbreaking.

Leo
07-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Age means nothing in this discussion.

Some players are washed up way before 27.

Of course. But Youzhny still has the body - just needs to get his mind back into it. He's not totally washed up. He's only 1.5 years removed from his second and most recent GS QF. And he made a final earlier this year in a decent clay court field.

Look at Haas and Moya. They've shown time and time again that doubters can be proven wrong. So while MY is pathetic right now, I'd give him a shot to come back to the Top 20.

Geo
07-26-2009, 09:58 PM
well it's a good sign from Gaudio that he was very competitive in this match :) Hopefully he'll play some more events this year and regain his form.

ChinoRios4Ever
07-27-2009, 12:00 AM
That was close Gato, time to still trying the skateboard :lol:

HattonWBA
07-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Youzhny struggles with anybody. Its official

fast_clay
07-27-2009, 07:13 AM
sounds as if he is berating himself pretty heavy here gaudio... would suggest he has his teeth into a match...

kyleskywalker007
07-27-2009, 08:09 AM
what does it mean?

Well, pelotudo means, literally someone who has big balls. But the meaning could not be farther from there actually. It is not a good thing, in fact it is all the contrary! If you call somebody a pelotudo you are saying that he is an idiot, stupid, and all that. It's not a fancy word at all. In fact, nobody will ever teach you that of course....:wavey: