Why are all Monday matches in Umag cancelled? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why are all Monday matches in Umag cancelled?

jrm
07-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Due to national memorial day :confused:

JolánGagó
07-26-2009, 10:59 AM
must be some ex-yugo war shit, dunno, utter crap whatever.

Certinfy
07-26-2009, 11:03 AM
:rolleyes: That's stupid i guess.

samanosuke
07-26-2009, 11:04 AM
because of train accident last Friday in which 6 people lost his life and tomorrow will be memorial day

samanosuke
07-26-2009, 11:07 AM

if is human life utter crap for you that tells all about you

Wojtek
07-26-2009, 11:10 AM

pathetic You're 5 or what?

JolánGagó
07-26-2009, 12:17 PM
because of train accident last Friday in which 6 people lost his life and tomorrow will be memorial day

oh ok, too bad then, i didn't know about it.

sorry guys, im badly dissinformed, i only read tabloids.

Chiseller
07-26-2009, 01:22 PM
http://fini-online.com/web2.0/atog.gif

Goldenoldie
07-26-2009, 03:01 PM
http://fini-online.com/web2.0/atog.gif

What a wonderful little image. I will be using it ten times a day!

Andre♥
07-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Stop a country because 6 people died in a train accident?

I'm sorry, that's unfortunate, but a lot more than 6 people die on car accidents every day, so should we stop every country every day?

I don't see how stopping a tennis tournament honors people who died in a train accident. I don't see any connection...

JolánGagó
07-26-2009, 03:15 PM

I'm sorry, that's unfortunate, but a lot more than 6 people die on car accidents every day, so should we stop every country every day?

I don't see how stopping a tennis tournament honors people who died in a train accident. I don't see any connection...

neither do I, talk about overreacting.

oranges
07-26-2009, 03:15 PM

We're a country of somewhat more than 4 million people and not exactly the size of Russia. Things like that don't happen often, let alone daily. Besides, not everything stops working, it's more a sign of respect for the victims. Obviously, they assessed they can organize the tournament well regardless and the off day presumably gives an opportunity to potential spectators that will attend the memorials to come another day.

Corey Feldman
07-26-2009, 03:35 PM
coz the players all need a day on those beaches to bang the croat chicks

might have even been Moya who came up with that rule

dijus
07-26-2009, 04:15 PM
ridicolous stuff...

Action Jackson
07-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Not the best, but at least the players can have a big night and sleep in.

Manon
07-26-2009, 11:07 PM

It'd would be better. Now Croatia faced to biggest train tragedy since who knows when. Horrible.

We're a country of somewhat more than 4 million people and not exactly the size of Russia. Things like that don't happen often, let alone daily. Besides, not everything stops working, it's more a sign of respect for the victims. Obviously, they assessed they can organize the tournament well regardless and the off day presumably gives an opportunity to potential spectators that will attend the memorials to come another day.

:yeah:

@ Andre > 6 dead, 54 wounded (I hope 6 is final), so you say 'let's play games, who cares'?

turkjey5
07-27-2009, 03:40 AM

that's because people in your country are statistics; pay your taxes, shut up and die, thank you very much.

HattonWBA
07-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Shame i guess, they will still be able to schedule the tournement so should be ok.

Machiavelli
07-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Since 12 fireman died a couple of years ago in a big fire on the island of Kornati, we haven't had such a tragedy, we are a small country and things like that don't happen too often, it will be hot and sunny in Umag for the whole week, so there will be no problem to keep up the schedule, give the victims the respect they deserved....

JolánGagó
07-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Has any responsability for the accident been determined yet? i guess that's the best respect the victims and their relatives could possibly get. As for the rest, most people will just go to the beach.

CooCooCachoo
07-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Paying some form of respect to the victims would be logical, but cancelling the entire day of play seems disproportionate and also not very good from a financial or fan's point of view.

Mateya
07-27-2009, 12:54 PM
:spit:
I know it's a small country and everything, but this is too much. Whole day cancelled?
They should have a minute of silence or something like that...then bring on the matches :rocker2:

Not good for most players too, but I would enjoy the day at the nearby bitches, I mean beaches. :)

dusan1610
07-28-2009, 11:58 AM

and I think this...In Serbia is some peoples traveling in Egypt with Bus and one truck is crushed bus and 9 peoples are dead :sad::sad::sad:and this is be memorial day in Serbia.....It is very pitiably to play when 6 or more croatians are death...Croatia and Serbia is not very big countries...And tournament will finish...What is most important (One day of tennis or People Life) ?