Nice Andy Murray story [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nice Andy Murray story

Panic23
07-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Murray plays in county league (http://sports.rediff.com/report/2009/jul/23/andy-murray-loses-in-humble-county-match.htm)

North of Scotland found themselves short of players for their county week clash against Hertfordshire at Eastbourne on Wednesday and Murray, ranked below only Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal on the world stage, volunteered his services.

==
Pretty cool for him to do this, and imagine how great it was for the opposition. Give Andy a couple of points in the good guy rankings.

tangerine_dream
07-24-2009, 11:35 PM
He's still a prat.

dodo
07-24-2009, 11:38 PM
cant even win a county league tie. what a mug.
-5000 ranking points, imo.

Panic23
07-24-2009, 11:39 PM
He won his three doubles match, apparently Jamie let them down ;)

dodo
07-24-2009, 11:40 PM
real men dont make excuses.

Sapeod
07-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Murray :yeah: Nice of him to do that.

Dodo, don't criticise others when you can't do jack shit compared to them.

ORGASMATRON
07-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Nice story :)

bluefork
07-24-2009, 11:50 PM
He's still a prat.

Hypocrite.

ORGASMATRON
07-24-2009, 11:57 PM
He's still a prat.

Your sig is a joke. Roddick is a hearless American, he doesnt feel pain. Roger on the other hand doesnt have a problem showing his emotions, which takes a real man btw. Beating Roddy at Wimby was just confirmation of that once again.

Burrow
07-25-2009, 12:27 AM
omgzzzz wow hes a frigginm hero!"!!!33erwfdsd

Sapeod
07-25-2009, 12:34 AM
omgzzzz wow hes a frigginm hero!"!!!33erwfdsd
jashdjasdlasjnlbdjasjlabdlsdkjhaskjfdhaskjhdfjashf jsdghjhgfdhjgwehdfvwehgdvghsvdhsvdfhvsbvcsdvbhvasd fvksdghvf

Sorry, just trying to speak your language.

Panic23
07-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Your sig is a joke. Roddick is a hearless American, he doesnt feel pain. Roger on the other hand doesnt have a problem showing his emotions, which takes a real man btw. Beating Roddy at Wimby was just confirmation of that once again.

But your sig is the best!

Roddick showed emotion when he lost at Wimby, he just tried to laugh through his tears.

HattonWBA
07-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Good for him to do this, bet it was a shock to him having to collect the balls with no ballboys and ballgirls, jamie sucks cant even win at this level

NinaNina19
07-25-2009, 02:59 PM
There's never enough players at my club either :o. Andy please come here.

Certinfy
07-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Come to my club Andy. Please!!!!

Andi-M
07-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Andy is such a sweet guy. :D

DrJules
07-25-2009, 04:13 PM
He's still a prat.

Agreed he has many faults. However, Andy Roddick has as many faults if not more than Andy Murray.

tangerine_dream
07-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Hypocrite.
Ut oh, here comes the bad language cop. Speaking of hypocrites how come you only show up to stick your nose in the air when Roddick is heard cursing on TV but not other players? Selective hearing? :confused:

Agreed he has many faults. However, Andy Roddick has as many faults if not more than Andy Murray.
Proof? Roddick sends congrats to Federer for his newborn twins. I don't see Murray doing that.

Roddick=class. Murray=crass.

Corey Feldman
07-25-2009, 04:41 PM
how could anyone not like the kid, he's a world class talent and young man

and he doesnt interupt Fed's interviews to shout abuse

jayjay
07-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Proof? Roddick sends congrats to Federer for his newborn twins. I don't see Murray doing that.

Probably because Murray sends his congratulations on the quiet and doesn't need to publicise the matter to satisfy the needs of an information <regardless as to whether it is accurate or not> hungry MTF member base.

Maybe.

Corey Feldman
07-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Probably because Murray sends his congratulations on the quiet and doesn't need to publicise the matter to satisfy the needs of an information <regardless as to whether it is accurate or not> hungry MTF member base.

Maybe.Roddick does everything for public show, as his Mother makes him - good for the charity stuff and pleases P-Mac etc etc

i believe everything heya says

bluefork
07-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Ut oh, here comes the bad language cop. Speaking of hypocrites how come you only show up to stick your nose in the air when Roddick is heard cursing on TV but not other players? Selective hearing? :confused:

Bad language cop? My problem with Roddick goes far beyond the occasional curse word on court. :rolleyes:

And you know that Murray hasn't congratulated Federer...how?

jayjay
07-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Roddick does everything for public show

Roddick isn't the problem. His fan base (some of them) are. You'd think life didn't exist beyond twitter for some of them. lol. If it wasn't said on twitter, then it wasn't said at all.

It's pretty boring seeing on MTF these constant attempts at fan groups trying to make out their fav player is some sort of fucking ordained angel. Every single person on this planet has their strengths and weaknesses, their friends and enemies. It would be great if fan groups stopped trying to present arguments as to how and why their fav player is beyond criticism or that it's absurd for anyone to take a dislike to them.

Even that whole Nadal/Bjorkman thread, regardless of whether the content was accurate or not, it's just completely beyond the scope of some fans to acknowledge that someone, somewhere might think (be it from personal experience or through something external) that their fav player is a complete **** - and maybe even somehwat justified in thinking so.

Hardcore blind fan groups, most of them should be taken out the back and shot. Twice. And the video uploaded on youtube and their last wishes posted on twitter.

Burrow
07-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Andy, my club desperately needs a player to play our league match, if we don't find a player, we will get guillotined, we still don't want you.

thegreendestiny
07-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice. I'm definitely cheering for him for the USO.

MatchFederer
07-25-2009, 05:55 PM
jashdjasdlasjnlbdjasjlabdlsdkjhaskjfdhaskjhdfjashf jsdghjhgfdhjgwehdfvwehgdvghsvdhsvdfhvsbvcsdvbhvasd fvksdghvf

Sorry, just trying to speak your language.

Poor effort.

Very poor.

Roddickominator
07-25-2009, 06:26 PM
He probably just wanted a good excuse to hit the shower with the boys.

tangerine_dream
07-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Roddick does everything for public show, as his Mother makes him - good for the charity stuff and pleases P-Mac etc etc

i believe everything heya says
*nods* Heya knows best.

Bad language cop? My problem with Roddick goes far beyond the occasional curse word on court. :rolleyes:
Your problem is that you're a hypocrite. Next.

Roddick isn't the problem. His fan base (some of them) are. You'd think life didn't exist beyond twitter for some of them. lol. If it wasn't said on twitter, then it wasn't said at all.
I can't enter a chat room without your first words being "Andy Roddick" hurled at me like an expletive. :rolleyes:

It's pretty boring seeing on MTF these constant attempts at fan groups trying to make out their fav player is some sort of fucking ordained angel. Every single person on this planet has their strengths and weaknesses, their friends and enemies. It would be great if fan groups stopped trying to present arguments as to how and why their fav player is beyond criticism or that it's absurd for anyone to take a dislike to them.

Even that whole Nadal/Bjorkman thread, regardless of whether the content was accurate or not, it's just completely beyond the scope of some fans to acknowledge that someone, somewhere might think (be it from personal experience or through something external) that their fav player is a complete **** - and maybe even somehwat justified in thinking so.

Hardcore blind fan groups, most of them should be taken out the back and shot. Twice. And the video uploaded on youtube and their last wishes posted on twitter.
Is this Chapter One of your book?

He probably just wanted a good excuse to hit the shower with the boys.
Finally, a post that makes sense.

ballbasher101
07-25-2009, 07:40 PM

Muzza is a saint compared to Roddick. Roddick is a first class prick.

Vida
07-25-2009, 07:51 PM
djoker is the nicest of them all. he always has that expression of kindness when hugging an opponent at the net.

DrJules
07-25-2009, 08:07 PM
djoker is the nicest of them all. he always has that expression of kindness when hugging an opponent at the net.

Djokovic! A player who has pushed the injury and time between point rules to the limit more than any other top player. He is no saint.

cocrcici
07-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Go Murralien:rocker2:

bluefork
07-25-2009, 08:50 PM

If anyone else were as consistently badly behaved on court as Roddick, I'd be just as vocally against them. Unlike some posters, I don't start rooting against a player just because I'm bitter that he keeps beating my favorite. :rolleyes:

Action Jackson
07-25-2009, 09:02 PM

Youtube might have a server meltdown, well not likely, they don't use MTF servers.

BigJohn
07-25-2009, 09:14 PM

You overestimate the Twitter phenom.

tangerine_dream
07-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I agree. Novak is a saint compared to Murray, the olaf.

If anyone else were as consistently badly behaved on court as Roddick, I'd be just as vocally against them. Unlike some posters, I don't start rooting against a player just because I'm bitter that he keeps beating my favorite. :rolleyes:
Thank goodness the Roddick fans aren't like that....unlike Fedtards like you who wished Nadal harm and injury so that Roger the GOAT could finally win Roland Garros. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Corey Feldman
07-25-2009, 09:28 PM
i heard the fans in New York love Djokovic

ballbasher101
07-25-2009, 09:33 PM

They used to like him but now he is public enermy number one.

bluefork
07-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Thank goodness the Roddick fans aren't like that....unlike Fedtards like you who wished Nadal harm and injury so that Roger the GOAT could finally win Roland Garros. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Right. So way-back-when, you had Roddick, Federer, and Santoro as your faves in your sig, but since Roddick has become Federer's pigeon...what happened? Yeah, you're not bitter.

By the way, Roddick more stoic than Federer? Thanks for the laugh.

DrJules
07-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I agree. Novak is a saint compared to Murray, the olaf.

They used to like him but now he is public enermy number one.

The saintly Djokovic being nice:wavey:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/victorious-djokovic-booed-for-verbal-attack-on-roddick-920857.html

tangerine_dream
07-25-2009, 09:49 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/victorious-djokovic-booed-for-verbal-attack-on-roddick-920857.html
That was a bad moment for Novak but I doubt the crowd will hold it against him. I think with all of Novak's struggles this year, the Americans will cheer him on. They like happy players. ;)

Murray is not a happy player. Therefore the USO crowd will boo him this year.

Corey Feldman
07-25-2009, 09:50 PM
just shows what a trator Tangerine Dream is to Roddick that she likes a guy who trashed A-Rod like that

tangy world: Nole >>>>>>>>>> Boston Celts > Red Sox >>>>>>>>>> Roddick

tangerine_dream
07-25-2009, 09:54 PM
just shows what a trator Tangerine Dream is to Roddick that she likes a guy who trashed A-Rod like that

Celtics. And I like the Patriots more. :p

I'm looking forward to Murray getting flipped off by the ballboys again this year, bahaha.

bluefork
07-25-2009, 09:54 PM

She likes Djokovic because he keeps bending over for Roddick this year.

Corey Feldman
07-25-2009, 09:55 PM
damn frat boy yank ball boys, should be fired and banned from all tennis venues for life

DrJules
07-25-2009, 10:01 PM
That was a bad moment for Novak but I doubt the crowd will hold it against him. I think with all of Novak's struggles this year, the Americans will cheer him on. They like happy players. ;)

Murray is not a happy player. Therefore the USO crowd will boo him this year.

Overall a bad guy is what tennis probably needs and it certainly generated interest.

Nastase, Connors and McEnroe certainly aided the popularity of tennis rather than harmed it. Currently tennis probably has too many "nice" guys.

jayjay
07-25-2009, 10:57 PM
I can't enter a chat room without your first words being "Andy Roddick" hurled at me like an expletive. :rolleyes:

:lol: Touché.

Don't take it personally, Tangy. It was just a general rant at hardcore fan groups (Roddick and Nadal were just examples in this case, they are by no means the only fan groups). You are one of them that gets to live, cos you're funny. :)

Okonsky
07-26-2009, 01:13 AM
*nods* Heya knows best.
---------------------------------------------------
Finally, a post that makes sense.

:worship:

He'd be if he took british passport. Now he's just a fake savage.

Andy is such a sweet guy. :D

Everything b(n)ut...

Maybe.

Signature worthy, Boiled modesty^^^.

^^^^Natural human response. Why should be nice in that situation?

Shhhh....

jayjay
07-26-2009, 01:39 AM
Signature worthy, Boiled modesty^^^.

Sarcasm meet Manon.:wavey:

fast_clay
07-26-2009, 04:44 AM
That was a bad moment for Novak but I doubt the crowd will hold it against him.

i believe you are right...

every year is a clean slate in new york...

they even turn foul on two-time back-to-back champions... so it works the other way too...

Bargearse
07-26-2009, 04:55 AM
At 11am, from a ridiculously small car, stepped the third-best player in the world! Wow! And, he bought his own tuna sandwich and water! Geez, this Andy is really something. :worship:

R.Federer
07-26-2009, 05:30 AM
That's nice! Isn't there some rule, though, about ATP players playing in non-ATP tournaments.... I guess not :shrug:

Looking forward to seeing Murray in the hardcourt season.

federersforehand
07-26-2009, 05:33 AM
Murray and Roddick are both nice guys on tour, Murray is a little cold on court and Roddick is maybe a little too passionate sometimes, but they are both DECENT people, now shut the fuck up everyone.

Snoo Foo
07-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Isn't there some rule, though, about ATP players playing in non-ATP tournaments.... I guess not :shrug:

Kooyong, Bundesliga, Davis Cup, World Team Tennis, Boodles, Copa Argentina, plus 50 zillion one-off exos (Macau, Lima, London... )

Allez
07-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Nice gesture from Andy. What an unassuming guy. Hope he does really well at the Open.

decrepitude
07-26-2009, 11:45 AM
As soon as I saw the thread title, I thought "this will turn into a haters thread". I see I was right in the main. Sigh.