07-23-2009, 09:57 PM
May the haircut be with you too. :)

MsTree
07-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Otherwise Nat'll take his scissors to bed again :tape:

Allez!!!

turtle-rn
07-23-2009, 10:08 PM
So if I am correct, his next tournament should be the Rogers Cup in Montreal (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=146925) starting on August 10.

That's a lot of time without competition for someone who unfortunately hasn't played much lately. :unsure:

turtle-rn
07-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Otherwise Nat'll take his scissors to bed again :tape:
LOL. My scissors are always in bed (beneath my pillow) :p

Scotso
07-24-2009, 03:05 AM
Maybe the time off will do him some good.

LOL. My scissors are always in bed (beneath my pillow) :p

Thus why I haven't visited.

rtgy
07-24-2009, 05:44 AM
May the force be with you, Gillou.

:rocker2:
(Scott:kiss:)

May your haircut (and Nat's scissors) destroy your enemies:rocker:

A L L E Z G I L L O U ! !

whattheheck
07-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Doesn't he play Cincy?

lalaland
07-24-2009, 06:58 AM
All top players has to play Cincy, so he will too. Cincy is the week after Montreal.

May the force be with you, Gillou.

Amen to that.

hsv91
07-24-2009, 01:07 PM
I hope he play better in the Hardcourt-Season and can stay in the Top 10!

Please look on the following link, on his profile you can read, that his favorite surface is clay, is that right?

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Gilles-Simon.aspx

Truc
07-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Yes, it is right.

Here's another interview from April where he says it very clearly ("Clay, my favourite surface"):
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2009/20090408_212708_simon-la-terre-ma-surface-preferee.html
«C'est la surface que je préfère. De loin. Quand je me sens bien, c'est la surface où je me sens le plus fort» (= It's the surface I like the most. By far. When I feel well, it's the surface where I feel the strongest.)

turtle-rn
07-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Not much of a surprise, he grew up on clay and as the ball moves rather slowly off the court, it's probably the best surface for him to deal with ballbashers.

Thus why I haven't visited.
It's just plastic scissors :awww:

Eimear O'Mahony
07-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Good luck Gilles and lets hope a return to hardcourts brings back memories of his terrific run last season on HC and brings some better form and better results. I'm with you all the way Gillou!!!

whattheheck
07-27-2009, 05:07 AM
If he loves hard courts so much, why not play in LA? This should be good practice heading into Montreal and Cincy.

Truc
07-27-2009, 07:23 AM
He likes hardcourts too, but the quote was about clay.

I don't get why a lot of people assume he would have kicked ass big time if he had played the US hardcourt events.
Remember when he won Indianapolis last year, it was such a struggle, he had to go the distance in each match (except the final), he only made it to the final because Haas flipped his lid and Querrey collapsed physically... His only good match of the week was the final.

but-it's-ok
07-27-2009, 09:18 AM
This is such a long wait for us to see Gillou:awww:

Allez Gillou,we want to see you let rip on the hardcourts:rocker2:

lalaland
07-27-2009, 08:11 PM
I'll be interested to know what he will say now if he's asked which surface is his favorite. I wonder how often atp updates player's profile. I was watching last year's TMC SF match last night, first time I watched the English commentary version, the commentator was citing that on Gilles' profile, his hobbies are video game and fitness training (gave me a chuckle cos I remembered you guys said it was a joke from his ex-coach). So it seems his profile has been updated since then because fitness training is not there anymore. Maybe it will need another update if he changes his mind based on the current result :p, but then, we don't know that. Maybe the fan who gets to meet him next should ask him that;).

We'll see if hardcourt is his favorite surface in 2 weeks time. I hope he can do well in Roger's Cup because of the good memory he had last year.

Truc
08-04-2009, 07:44 PM
The dream team Gilles&Jim will be back in Cincy. :cool:

MsTree
08-04-2009, 09:12 PM
:woohoo:

:devil: Couldn't Jim find anyone else? :tape:

I just sucumbed to all that peer pressure (that I was putting on myself) and subscribed to Sky Sports :D
No sleep for me for the next 2 months :dance:

tedlesurfeur
08-06-2009, 10:02 AM

Out of any context, we could think you're saying they have been playing and are to play to doubles together haha.

EDIT : my bad, I thought you had said "Gilles & Kim" (Clijsters).

Scotso
08-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Hello, Ted.

rtgy
08-06-2009, 01:57 PM

:lol: they're back :D :drool:

Ted :wavey:

tedlesurfeur
08-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm not back, just so you know :o

MsTree
08-06-2009, 06:14 PM
:wavey: Bye Ted! :wavey:
:devil:

tedlesurfeur
08-06-2009, 08:25 PM
so rude :o

MsTree
08-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Not rude just a wee bit cheeky :p
Since when were you so easily offended anyway? :D

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey guys I'm back :wavey: I haven't had internet access for a while but finally got it sorted out and I'm back to enjoy cheering on Gilles next week in Montreal. Fingers crossed for the draw tomorrow :-) Scotso, I only got your good rep now ... thanks hun. I must find out how to rep people and pay you back ;)

tedlesurfeur
08-06-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm TOTALLY offended. Can't you see? :) I'm going all ****** on you. (the ***** stand for some username :lol: I'll let you decide who)

I'm here to learn : did Poussin have a long preparation for the USO series? Where did he train?

MsTree
08-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm TOTALLY offended. Can't you see? :) I'm going all ****** on you. (the ***** stand for some username :lol: I'll let you decide who)

Lets keep it a mystery :devil:
I don't speak asterisk anyway :p

I'm here to learn : did Poussin have a long preparation for the USO series? Where did he train?

He was struggling with a knee injury which meant he couldn't really train much at the end of the clay season and all through the grass season. I just hope he's had a nice holiday! :)

:wavey: rokebyflynn! :D

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey MS Tree ... formerly ictmee ... aka Les am I right? :lol:

MsTree
08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Janine? I had to think hard there... :lol:
Yes it's me :) No one ever called me ictmee anyway and only Di knew what it meant ;)

tedlesurfeur
08-06-2009, 10:49 PM
No one ever called me ictmee

I did. I even called you ictmess once.

MsTree
08-06-2009, 10:54 PM
:haha: so you did :D

lalaland
08-07-2009, 03:53 AM
Only 16 hrs or so away from the draw so it's probably no point of speculating, but it seems both Rafa and Fed are uncertain of participation based on this story http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Rust+shows+Nadal+takes+practice+court/1867591/story.html. Based on Gilles ranking, he should be the 9th seed and just missed the bye, which I think probably is better that way since he probably needs more matches to get under his belt. But if there's any withdrawal at the top, he'll get in the top 8 seeds and the bye. But anyway, we'll see in a few hours. Hopefully he gets a good draw, but frankly, I don't know what kind of draw is good for him anymore.

Oh, Gael is also in Montreal, so he'll play, maybe?

I like all the Frenchies and especially the 4 top ones, so it's a bit sad that all 4 of them seem to be in such dire at the moment (maybe not Jo, but still, he didn't do particularly good either). Just really hope that Gilles can regain his footing at the American hardcourts.

Brownie
08-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Maybe not so exciting, but Gillou is at the Montreal draw ceremony. They didn't have the camera on him, but he got a pretty good laugh from the crowd when he drew Dancevic :lol: Live stream is on the Montreal website: http://rogerscup.com/men/english/home.php

Edit: Oh, haha, because Dancevic was there at the ceremony too :lol:

lalaland
08-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the info. I tried to open the draw coverage on the website but it won't connect. Oh well.

So he's playing Dancevic.:mad::mad::mad: I like Frankie. And he usually plays well at his home tourney, still remembered his match against Rafa some years ago. Damn, I guess that I can consider this as a bad draw, for me as a fan anyway. The upside is, they will probably put Dancevic on main show court, so there'll likely be coverage. Too bad it's not on CBC.

R1: Dancevic, R2: Sela/Q, R3: Tsonga and then it's Fed in the Quarter.

krn81
08-07-2009, 08:26 PM
All the French players are on the same side :eek:
Not the easiest part for sure...
Allez Gilles!!:)

whattheheck
08-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Poor draw for Gilles. Will there be live streams the whole week?

lalaland
08-08-2009, 01:35 AM
A little write up regarding the draw ceremony, too bad there's no photo accompany the article: http://www.sportsnet.ca/tennis/2009/08/07/rogers_cup_men_draw/

MONTREAL -- Two players turned up at the draw for the US$3 million Rogers Cup on Friday and, wouldn't you know it, they were picked to play one another in the first round.

Canada's top player, Frank Dancevic of Niagara Falls, Ont., and Frenchman Gilles Simon exchanged surprised smiles and a handshake after numbers drawn randomly from a pot made them first-round opponents for the hardcourt tournament that begins Monday at Uniprix Stadium.

"What a coincidence," said Dancevic. "But he's a great player.

"He did really well here last year in Toronto, so it's going to be a tough match.

Simon, who is ranked and seeded ninth, will play Dancevic for the first time, even though they are both 24 and have watched one another grow up through the junior circuit and on through the Futures and Challenger series into the main ATP Tour events.

"It's surprising -- he's a player I've seen at a lot of tournaments and I've never played him," said Simon. "That's the luck of the draw.

"But I've seen him a lot. He's given problems to a lot of good players, so I expect a tough match."

Dancevic, who has been ranked as high as 65th, is currently 111th in a season in which he has at times been very good and very ordinary.

He reached the final of a grass court event at Eastbourne, England, losing to Dmitry Tursunov, then lost in the first round at Wimbledon. More recently, he got to the semifinals at Indianapolis, before losing to American Sam Querry, one of the tour's hottest players this summer.

"I feel good about my game," said Dancevic, who will have home court advantage and may also have a edge because Simon had to curtail his training to rest sore legs in recent weeks.

"It'll take a few games for us to get used to each other's style," he added. "He's an extremely consistent player.

"He doesn't make many errors. He's extremely fast and agile. He gets to a lot of balls and makes you play a lot of balls. And he's really good on important points. It'll be interesting to see what's going to happen."

.It is a second year in a row that Dancevic has had a tough draw at the Rogers Cup. Last year, he upset Mario Ancic in the first round before bowing to Djokovic.

lalaland
08-08-2009, 01:42 AM
TSN in Canada is showing everyday from R1. I always assume that if there's a TV station showing it, there's a chance of livestream, let's hope.

Scotso
08-08-2009, 03:39 AM
I think it's a good draw. :shrug:

Considering how he's been playing, anyone he would face in the QF would be hard for him, but the rounds leading up to that are not loaded with superb players, to be honest. They're all people he can deal with considering that Tsonga also isn't that great lately.

Frank might be difficult in first round but Gilles *should* win. He can beat the Ego King. :D

WarriorA
08-08-2009, 04:40 AM
I saw Frank in Indy. His girlfriend is cute, he's cute, has good hair, has a stylish one-handed bh but none of those things are too convincing of a threat to Gillou. :p

Seriously, I never worry about Gilles' playing anyone. Alleeeezzz Gilles!!!! :D

I think that the draw looks good for him. Dancevic, with his home crowd or not is still ranked 102 positions below Gilles. He's 1-1 with Jo, 2-0 against Fed.

WarriorA
08-08-2009, 04:43 AM
tennistv.com will have livestreams, so they should be up on atdhe.net

Lauren - have an awesome time!!!! Make a raucous on the livestream. :D

turtle-rn
08-08-2009, 05:12 AM
Lauren! :D

Take loaaads of pics!

lalaland
08-08-2009, 05:28 AM
I think that the draw looks good for him. Dancevic, with his home crowd or not is still ranked 102 positions below Gilles.

:tape:cough*Hamburg*cough :p

Yes, Frank is pretty cute. One thing for sure, it's gonna be a "good looking" match ;).

angela5
08-08-2009, 06:24 AM
I don't think this is such a bad draw. He doesn't have a bye and he has pretty tough opponents (who isnt a tough opponent for him these days?), but I think that's a good thing. Since no one is really expecting anything from him anymore, hopefully it will make him feel like he has nothing to lose and push him to play his best tennis like last year. If he gets the 1st match under his belt, it just might give him confidence to carry on the momentum and bring back good memories from last year.

Allez Gillou!

WarriorA
08-08-2009, 01:28 PM
:tape:cough*Hamburg*cough :p

Understanding the difference between possibility and probability may help remedy that cough.

[Well, depending upon whether or not it originated from a half or full vulcan, that is] :p

Brownie
08-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Lauren - have an awesome time!!!! Make a raucous on the livestream. :D

Thanks!! :yippee: I'll try my hardest ;)

Lauren! :D

Take loaaads of pics!

Hi Nats! :hug: Don't worry, I will :D

lalaland
08-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Understanding the difference between possibility and probability may help remedy that cough.

I'm actually on medication for a real cough :sad:, but that's just to kill the symptom :mad:.
For my other cough, you're right that the cure is in the right attitude :D.

WarriorA
08-09-2009, 06:04 AM
The right attitude (and altitude for that matter) can do wonders, for coughs and all. ;)

Truc
08-09-2009, 07:43 AM
He plays with Jim in Montreal already, I hadn't seen them on the entry list.
Haas-Stepanek in the 1st round.

Their 1st match together was at the US Open last year, they have only a few more attempts to try to win at least one match in one year. Allez.

MsTree
08-09-2009, 07:59 AM
:D Allez Gilles and Jim :D

rawalya
08-09-2009, 01:02 PM
www.bet365.com schedules to have livestream links from Monday on
but i guess there'll be only the main courts showing
and Gillou isnt a favorite :hug:

Truc
08-09-2009, 02:33 PM
He will be on the Center Court since he plays against Dancevic.

Edit: Last match of the day, it will be in the middle of the night for the Europeans.

MsTree
08-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Just saw the OOP :)
Bet365 have him playing first :lol:

Truc
08-10-2009, 08:03 AM
A few bits about Gilles from articles about the tournament:

An article about his first round match:
http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/archives/2009/08/20090808-084300.html
I didn't know Frank speaks French too.
Gilles says about him that he's very difficult to play because he can come out with incredible shots. They've never played before, but he's often seen him give a hard time to good players, like in Montreal to Nadal.
The win over Fed in Toronto last year was a big triggering experience for his career, even though the Madrid match against Nadal was his most accomplished performance.
"I'm trying to get back to my best level. It implies to recover my footwork to make it very difficult again to hit a winner against me, which wasn't true anymore lately. My knee prevented me from practicing the way I wanted it, I was able to practice only 1-2 hours a day. I took some time off and I hope to be back to my best level now."

He practiced with Rafa:
http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/archives/2009/08/20090808-084302.html
He won one set 6-2, huge confidence boost for him since we now know practice sets mean a lot to him. ^^

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/archives/2009/08/20090808-084303.html
Here he says that he would have gotten a bye if either Nadal or Fed decided not to play, but he preferred them to be there. Tournaments really feel different when they're not there, for the crowd and for the players too.

And this one is about French tennis in general:
http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/archives/2009/08/20090809-070500.html
The journalist is drooling big time over this generation of French players, how successful and cool and nice they are, etc.
Jo, Gilles and Gaël were all coached during their Juniors times by Borfiga who now is in charge of Canadian tennis, but used to work for the French Tennis Association at the time, so he has a special connection to them.
It's more about Jo, but there's a short quote of Gilles at the end too saying that Montreal is a particularly nice place for French players and he loves it there.

Puschkin
08-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Last match of the day, it will be in the middle of the night for the Europeans.
I think I will stay awake and watch: Marat-Gael and then Gilles. :)

MsTree
08-10-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm off to bed now, see you guys in six-ish hours time :D

rtgy
08-10-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm off to bed now, see you guys in six-ish hours time :D

:zzz:.......

Truc
08-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Gilles&Jim on Center Court tomorrow in the night session, good decision of the tournament organizers, this match will be a highlight. :worship:

Truc
08-10-2009, 10:26 PM
There is a long interview of Jérémy in Tennis Magazine this month, by the way, and when he's asked about the players he feels the closest to, he answers Gilles, he says they also hang out outside of tennis sometimes.
Too bad this harmony doesn't really show in their doubles game. :p

MsTree
08-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Aw bless!

That was a good win for Gael :) Gillou up next :dance:

He's in black :hearts: had a haircut and shaved :) Yum ;)

Naina
08-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Gilles is wearing black. NICE :hearts:

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Gilles is walking like his knee is bad :unsure:

Puschkin
08-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Hi, everyone! :wavey:

turtle-rn
08-11-2009, 01:13 AM
:wavey:

He got rid of his double layered hairdo! :D

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 01:14 AM
I'm trying to look past the haircut. Although, I admit that his big hair was nearing its expiration date and needed a trim. Just not so much of one...

Hopefully it's a good sign that they're playing Motley Crue - same band as my pre-match song selection. :D

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Gilles hair is still nasty

rtgy
08-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Gilles&Jim on Center Court tomorrow in the night session, good decision of the tournament organizers, this match will be a highlight. :worship:

yeah :rocker2: :lol:

ALLEZ Gilles&Jim :worship::worship::worship:

......and new haircut too:worship: :bounce: :lol:

Puschkin
08-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Gilles hair is still nasty
More worried about his knee, some of those warm-up serves looked hampered. :unsure:

MsTree
08-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Still got the bandage round his knee though :(

Evening all! :)

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Hey Les :wavey: Hopefully you're well rested.

Natsume, I'm sure you've probably only just started your day a few hours ago, so no need to ask if you're rested ;)

...and a quick first game. Nice :D

MsTree
08-11-2009, 01:23 AM
It's raining :(

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Ooh - aggressive Gillou :D Love it :hearts:

...and rain :(

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 01:24 AM
I think play is suspended which is a bugger cos Gilles is playing well.

Puschkin
08-11-2009, 01:25 AM
I think play is suspended.
not yet, but it doesn't look good. :mad:
Edit: Suspended!

Naina
08-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Rain WTF. I woke especially for this :(

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 01:29 AM
à toute à l'heure :wavey:

rtgy
08-11-2009, 01:29 AM
ohh this rain :o :(

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 01:30 AM
I was up at 5.30 this morning so I need to sleep but I really wanted to watch Gilles :(

MsTree
08-11-2009, 01:30 AM
OK time for last night's tea/today's breakfast :)

The blowers are out, maybe I'll just have crisps :)

Naina
08-11-2009, 01:35 AM
they are drying the court :D

lalaland
08-11-2009, 01:38 AM
Nice hair, the big hair is getting too big. His hair will be at perfect length when he gets to NYC.

MsTree
08-11-2009, 01:42 AM
And we're on :D

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 01:44 AM
Game on, baby! :rocker2:

Alleeeezzz Gillou!!!!

:D :D :D

rtgy
08-11-2009, 01:48 AM
BREAK!!! :bounce: 2-0...:worship::worship::worship:

MsTree
08-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Yavor :tape:

Naina
08-11-2009, 01:51 AM
He breaks and gets broken:fiery:

MsTree
08-11-2009, 01:51 AM
More rain :eek:

rtgy
08-11-2009, 01:52 AM
:o:speakles: broken :speakles: :(:(:mad::(

rtgy
08-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Yavor :tape:

:lol:

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Hopefully Lauren brought an umbrella...

Poor Gillou is so irritated... But still so cute complaining. :angel:

MsTree
08-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Yavor :hug:

Alli I was laughing at him getting an apology for the rain :lol:
But yes he looks VERY cute :hearts:

krn81
08-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Hi all :wavey:
I just get up to see one game and match suspended :mad:
Will they play again?

My first thought when i saw Gillou was where is his yellow short? :p
His shape looks the same as last year apart the knee...

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Alli I was laughing at him getting an apology for the rain :lol:

It's about time he started acting like a top ten player :devil:

MsTree
08-11-2009, 02:01 AM
Karine they said it would rain for 15 mins and then no more rain, not long to stay up :) They've got blowers for the court too, even quicker :)

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 02:01 AM
I think they said they'd resume play in 30 minutes (as long as the rain stops, that is)

krn81
08-11-2009, 02:05 AM
I heard about 15 minutes rain but what time is in montreal now? I thought it was already late

So i can sleep still 30 minutes more and get up watching the match get ready to go to work ;)

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 02:08 AM
It is 10:08 pm there now.

krn81
08-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Thank you, so they will still finish the match tonight.

Ok so i will try to come back in 30 minutes ;)

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Have a nice nap :wavey:

lalaland
08-11-2009, 02:12 AM
It's about time he started acting like a top ten player :devil:

lol. When I first read it, I thought you mean it's about time he got treated as a top 10 player (like getting umpires to apologize for all sort of things that they have no control of :p).

MsTree
08-11-2009, 02:14 AM
I was hoping to get in another hour or two of sleep before work but I think that's out the window now. I'll just be a wreck tomorrow :lol:

lalaland
08-11-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm probably the only one who doesn't mind this rain delay, give me some time to make a quick dinner. :D

Gretchen.
08-11-2009, 02:53 AM
They are getting ready to come back on court, if anybody is still awake :lol:

MsTree
08-11-2009, 02:57 AM
Yep still here, just had prawn curry for breakfast :lol:

Gretchen.
08-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Ah so it's morning time over there :lol:
I love this time of year cause I don't have to actually stay up till 5 in the morning, I'm in the same time zone :p

PinkFeatherBoa
08-11-2009, 03:02 AM
It is still raining or something? It's way too early...but I want to watch Gilles. :lol:

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 03:03 AM
Yep still here, just had prawn curry for breakfast :lol:

Yummy. Prawn Curry. :hearts:

Was it hot?? (spicy-hot, that is?)

lalaland
08-11-2009, 03:04 AM
they come out yet? The other court had already played half a TB after resume play.

Gretchen.
08-11-2009, 03:06 AM
I don't know they keep showing the Zverev match, they won't say anything about Gillou or what's going on over there.

Mayer takes the set and they are showing Gillou now ;)

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Gillou is back on court. He just broke and is leading 3-1.

lalaland
08-11-2009, 03:08 AM
oops, my bad, they already playing, they just stayed with the other court til it ended. And Gilles breaks right away. Allez Gilles.

rtgy
08-11-2009, 03:09 AM
BREAK 3-1:D:D:D:worship::worship::worship:

MsTree
08-11-2009, 03:11 AM
Yummy. Prawn Curry. :hearts:

Was it hot?? (spicy-hot, that is?)

Not really :)

BREAK 3-1:D:D:D:worship::worship::worship:

Luckily he consolidated that one otherwise I'd be right over to Bulgaria :lol:

rtgy
08-11-2009, 03:11 AM
4-1:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PinkFeatherBoa
08-11-2009, 03:12 AM
Oh that resumption was so sudden, I almost missed it. Allez Gilles.

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 03:12 AM
Fiesty Gillou :hearts:

Aw, Les - I love hot, hot food. Curry is still fab even if it isn't hot though.

MsTree
08-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Wow what a lob :D

Alli I've got Chilli chocolate for afters :)

WarriorA
That was beautiful!!!!! He's so quick. And that lob :hearts: :hearts:

krn81
Have a nice nap :wavey:

Thanks ;)

I am back and good start from Gillou...:D

And great shot from Gillou :worship:

MsTree
08-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Nice first set Gillou :D 6-1

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 03:22 AM
His volleying is looking quite nice. :D

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 03:23 AM
Well, his volleying was looking nice... :tape:

(poor Gillou :o)

turtle-rn
08-11-2009, 03:23 AM
My stream is frozen! :mad:

MsTree
08-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Yavor!!! DON'T!!!!

(Allez Gillou! :devil:)

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Nat, are you on atdhe.net?

turtle-rn
08-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Yes, I've just switched to another atdhe.net link with much less viewers, it's sems to work fine now.

turtle-rn
08-11-2009, 03:28 AM
Superb DTL BH! :D

MsTree
08-11-2009, 03:29 AM
Great start to the 2nd set a break and a hold :D

Gillou is looking fierce :woohoo:

rtgy
08-11-2009, 03:30 AM
2-0:rocker2:

Gretchen.
08-11-2009, 03:32 AM
2-0:rocker2:

Hey Yavor what part of Bulgaria are you from if you don't mind me asking :)

turtle-rn
08-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Double brak up! :worship:

MsTree
08-11-2009, 03:33 AM
Gillou on 100% BPs won 5/5 wow!

rtgy
08-11-2009, 03:33 AM
3-0:worship::worship::worship:

ALLEZ GILLOU!!! :rocker:

krn81
08-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Gillou looks to be in hurry to go to sleep ;)
He is playing really good today :D

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 03:39 AM
Ooh, Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

Perfect for Gillou. :devil:

:hearts:

PinkFeatherBoa
08-11-2009, 03:41 AM
This match is so fast and impressive. He must be thinking kindly of his poor European fans up so early! ;)

turtle-rn
08-11-2009, 03:43 AM
He's even good with call challenge tonight! :D

rtgy
08-11-2009, 03:46 AM
He's even good with call challenge tonight! :D

:rocker2:

5-2:worship:

krn81
08-11-2009, 03:46 AM
This match is so fast and impressive. He must be thinking kindly of his poor European fans up so early! ;)

Well we will not be late at work this morning :p

turtle-rn
08-11-2009, 03:48 AM
6/1 6/2!! :d

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 03:48 AM
Yes!!! 6-1, 6-2 Nice win. :D

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 03:49 AM
Nice music :D

Groove is in the heart. :dance:

turtle-rn
08-11-2009, 03:49 AM
The best haircut won! haha
Frank was doomed from the start. :devil:

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 03:51 AM
C'mon Nat, don't you like long-haired guys?

lalaland
08-11-2009, 03:53 AM
Great match for Gilles, and finished before midnight. Good luck tomorrow in double with Jim.

PinkFeatherBoa
08-11-2009, 03:53 AM
Nice match from Gilles. :yeah:

rtgy
08-11-2009, 03:54 AM
6-1 6-2 :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: :D :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

he's back :bigclap::smoke:

ALLEZ GILLOU!!!:rocker::rocker2::rocker:

MsTree
08-11-2009, 03:55 AM
Well we will not be late at work this morning :p

I'm off back to bed, can get another 2 hours of sleep in easy :D

Nice music :D

Groove is in the heart. :dance:

I was :dance: too, it's a great tune :D

That was a good watch and worth getting up at stupid o'clock for :)

WarriorA
08-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Goodnight/morning Les! :wavey:

turtle-rn
08-11-2009, 03:56 AM
C'mon Nat, don't you like long-haired guys?
No.:p and that mushroom ponytail.. ewww

rtgy
08-11-2009, 03:57 AM
The best haircut won! haha
Frank was doomed from the start. :devil:

:lol: :rolls:

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

krn81
08-11-2009, 03:57 AM
I'm off back to bed, can get another 2 hours of sleep in easy :D

Have a nice good-end night Lesley ;)

Now breakfast for me and work, thanks to Gillou I will be on holidays earlier tonight :D

whattheheck
08-11-2009, 04:09 AM
New haircut = New beginning

rtgy
08-11-2009, 05:05 AM
Hey Yavor what part of Bulgaria are you from if you don't mind me asking :)

I live in Stara Zagora - central/south Bulgaria;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stara_Zagora

rtgy
08-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Luckily he consolidated that one otherwise I'd be right over to Bulgaria :lol:

you're most welcome:hug::smooch:

rawalya
08-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Gillou won :woohoo:
i missed the match because of the work :( it was late morning here in my country :sad:

i'm going to miss this one too :bigcry:
couldnt they put him to play an early match?? >___<

you have many beautiful places :D
when i think of Bulgaria , i'll think of Yogurt and Dimitar Berbatov :p
have heard that Bulgarian yogurt is the best (from some ads in my country)
really wanna try once :lick:

rtgy
08-11-2009, 12:51 PM
you have many beautiful places :D
when i think of Bulgaria , i'll think of Yogurt and Dimitar Berbatov :p
have heard that Bulgarian yogurt is the best (from some ads in my country)
really wanna try once :lick:

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:
thanx that was really kind:hug: :smooch: and you really need to try it! believe me;):cool:

but-it's-ok
08-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Wow,what a convincing win Gilles:worship::banana:

Well done to all who were around at an unsocial hour to follow Gillou's match:bigclap: I would have been around too,but I started a new job today,so I had to sleep:lol:

Rokebyflynn
08-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey guys :wavey: Yes, Les it is Janine ... you've got a great memory :) What a great win for Gilles. I managed to stay up for it (sleeping during the rain delays helped :lol:) He looked fantastic and he played some good tennis at times. Does anyone know if there's going to be a live-stream of his doubles match tonight?

Gretchen.
08-11-2009, 11:16 PM

Oooh that is a lovely place :)

I was wondering because my mom's whole side of the family is Bulgarian but they are all from Varna and some are from Plovdiv too , I'm also fluent in Bulgarian as well, would love to go visit there some time.

rawalya
08-12-2009, 01:12 AM
thanx that was really kind:hug: :smooch: and you really need to try it! believe me;):cool:

:D :drool: :drool: :drool:

the doubles match is starting
what a hold from the lovely duo :eek: and what a break !!!
2-0 love games :worship:

OMG :woohoo: 3-0 and Haas/Stepanek only got 1 point from them !!

rawalya
08-12-2009, 01:25 AM
got broken :o 3-2*

break again!! 4*-2 :rocker2:

rawalya
08-12-2009, 02:02 AM
6-4 , 6-0 :bigcry:

lalaland
08-12-2009, 02:16 AM
Maybe Gilles want to have an early evening to rest up for tomorrow. He's playing 3rd match on B court. Allez Gillou.

Truc
08-12-2009, 06:50 AM
You mean they went from *4-2 to losing 6-4 6-0?! Even by their standards it's a terrible effort.

Truc
08-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Nothing new in L'Equipe, he attributes again his bad losses lately to his knee which prevents him from training properly. He says the knee penalizes him more on clay.
This time he worked hard in training, but it wasn't a given to be able to translate it in a match too.
He doesn't feel particularly under pressure because of last year. He's "ultra-motivated".

Dancevic is very, very laudatory - never seen another player talk like that about Gilles. :lol:

Puschkin
08-12-2009, 07:30 AM
You mean they went from *4-2 to losing 6-4 6-0?! Even by their standards it's a terrible effort.
The mighty duo stroke again. :o

Truc
08-12-2009, 07:57 AM
It's embarrassing they always take away a spot in the doubles draws of Masters events for this.

It should bring their record to 0-10. USO, Metz, AO, IW, Miami, MC, Rome, 2x Düsseldorf, Montreal.
Maybe they can set a new record.

rawalya
08-12-2009, 09:59 AM

if the scoreboard didnt lie to me :o , yes >___<
and if i'm not wrong , the 1st set was like
1-0
2-0 broke
3-0
3-1
3-2 were broken
4-2 broke
... (i was doing some other stuffs , so no explanation here)
4-6 =__="

maybe i was just half-awaken from the early morning and saw things in contrary :lol:

Maybe Gilles want to have an early evening to rest up for tomorrow.

maybe :D

poor Jeremy , he lost to Andy again :hug:

lalaland
08-12-2009, 05:59 PM
They play double for the purpose of Davis Cup, right? maybe they really should try harder cos no one's going to take them seriously for never winning a double match.

Delpo is breezing thru. Gilles will take the court pretty soon. I hope he does as well as R1. I'm glad Frank gave him such compliment. Poor Frank though, I felt really bad for him.

rtgy
08-12-2009, 06:45 PM
HI everyone :wavey:

it's Gillou time :bounce:

rtgy
08-12-2009, 06:48 PM
stream here:
http://atdhe.net/8394/watch-atp-montreal;)

WarriorA
08-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi Yavor :wavey:

There's barely anyone in the stands. Well, Lauren had better be there :D Here's her chance to make a raucous on the livestream for all to see. ;)

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 06:50 PM
any livestreams?

edit thanks

come on Gilles

rtgy
08-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi Yavor :wavey:

There's barely anyone in the stands. Well, Lauren had better be there :D Here's her chance to make a raucous on the livestream for all to see. ;)

Alli:hug: :wavey:

rawalya
08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi Yavor and everyone :wavey:

Gillou looks really young in this haircut :hearts:

WarriorA
08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
So nice to see Tulasne putting on chapstick :lol: The container looked a bit like a gluestick at first :unsure:.

rtgy
08-12-2009, 06:58 PM
well good start 1-0 UP:devil:(:lol:)

rawalya
08-12-2009, 07:01 PM
why the stand has so many empty seats? :(
there were more people in Delpo's match

WarriorA
08-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Everyone probably moved over to the Central court to watch Gael...

rawalya
08-12-2009, 07:03 PM
So nice to see Tulasne putting on chapstick :lol: The container looked a bit like a gluestick at first :unsure:.

:lol: Gillou should have one , really wanna see him using it

rawalya
08-12-2009, 07:07 PM
yeah , the match JCF vs Gael seems to be more attractive >__<

rtgy
08-12-2009, 07:10 PM
3-2:tape: Gosh that was close:rolleyes:

Naina
08-12-2009, 07:13 PM
How is he playing so far ???
I liked Gillou's black shirt better though.

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 07:13 PM
he has spanked a couple of forehands. His serve is crap though

rtgy
08-12-2009, 07:20 PM
3-3:(

WarriorA
08-12-2009, 07:21 PM
The chair umpire's whistling 's's on "deuce" is just about as annoying as the mostly fluff hitting in this match... C'mon Gillou - fire it up!!!!!

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 07:24 PM
he is playing like an idiot again :unsure:

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi everybody:wavey:

WarriorA
08-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey Di! :wavey:

rtgy
08-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi DI :wavey:

4-3:rolleyes:

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Hi Di.

I was just starting to think why is Gilles playing like an idiot and then he did a beautiful backhand and I was :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: again

leptiric
08-12-2009, 07:29 PM
he is playing like an idiot again :unsure:

hehe you just made my day with that comment!! :)
it doesnt matter- he doesnt need to be successfull, he can just be beautiful :p

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm trying to watch/listen to several events at once:lol: -but my main focus is on Gilles;) Allez:bounce:

I'd like Gillou to try some variation,break up the other guys rhythm:)

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 07:34 PM
well somehow I feel it is ok for me as a fan to slag off Gilles but if someone in GM tries to do it I want to axe murder them.

And he has been broken grrrrr

rtgy
08-12-2009, 07:34 PM
broken:o:(:mad:

OMG he's so poor:sad:

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 07:35 PM
That 2nd serve- to go break point down - ouch!!

So Falla is the one that forces a mistake out of Gillou by coming forward, and Gillou is broken:sobbing:

Puschkin
08-12-2009, 07:36 PM
there were more people in Delpo's match
:eek: How could that be? Canadians remain a mystery to me.

Naina
Gilles :tape:
Get ur head out of the clouds please :(

Doesn't help that Falla has decided to set up camp in the forecourt.

WarriorA
I agree that Gillou needs to mix it up and shake this guy a little. Although, moonballing is not a good strategy :(

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Moonballing is the one thing I don't want to see especially on a hard court!

lalaland
Here we go again :rolleyes:. The real Gilles has been abducted by aliens, or maybe just his serve :sad:.

rawalya
:help:

Hi Di :D

leptiric
08-12-2009, 07:39 PM
where are u guys watching the match?? i watched ferrero-gael on adthe and it was fine but now when i click on the stream for gilles it goes to the roddick-andreev match!! :mad:

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Gilles wtf

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 07:40 PM
where are u guys watching the match?? i watched ferrero-gael on adthe and it was fine but now when i click on the stream for gilles it goes to the roddick-andreev match!! :mad:

http://atdhe.net/8394/watch-atp-montreal

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Thats better Gillou,using the short angles:yeah:

Then an error,and a half-court ball that Falla easily put away - the set gone:sad:

rtgy
08-12-2009, 07:41 PM
4-6:bigcry:

Puschkin
08-12-2009, 07:42 PM
One has to give some credit to Falla, though, not a bad showing. I doubt he will sustain it though, Gilles in 3.

leptiric
http://atdhe.net/8394/watch-atp-montreal

thanks, but im still getting the roddick match!! :mad:
and i reaaaaaally dont like him...:rolleyes:

WarriorA
I've never seen Falla before, but his game looks awfully similar to Gilles'.

Okay - time to regroup! Allez Gillou :yeah:

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 07:43 PM
thanks, but im still getting the roddick match!! :mad:
and i reaaaaaally dont like him...:rolleyes:

how bizarre I have Gilles.

lalaland
08-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I was watching this http://www.fromsport.com/video-55060.html, but not anymore, it's not working for me now. Probably better that way, maybe I won't tear my hair out so much.

Naina
08-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I need chocolate :(
Come on Gilles wake up.

Cloudygirl
oh ffs this could be a very short match.

Gilles what the hell are you doing :confused:

rawalya
:( nooooooooo 4-6 >__<

:eek: How could that be? Canadians remain a mystery to me.

:tape:

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Don't flame me for saying this guys but he is pushing today and I hate it. He is so much better than this.

rtgy
08-12-2009, 07:46 PM
1-0:rolleyes:

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 07:47 PM
1-0 up,Falla helped Gilles along a bit with a few silly errors. Time to show your class Gilles;)

leptiric
08-12-2009, 07:47 PM
I was watching this http://www.fromsport.com/video-55060.html, but not anymore, it's not working for me now. Probably better that way, maybe I won't tear my hair out so much.

thats ok ive got plenty of hair!!:)
thanks for the link...

WarriorA
08-12-2009, 07:52 PM
If he gets his first serve percentage up from the 37% :( from last set, he should be fine.

I actually think that his counter-punching strategy is effective right now. Falla covers the court pretty well, Gilles isn't really on his game, so why not wait for Falla to make the error?

Gilles is smart and doesn't work any harder than need be :devil: But, seriously - it appears like it's really hot there. I haven't seen such a strong sweat pattern on him in a very long time.

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 07:54 PM
If he can stay in rallies he will win but he needs to improve his serve and his backhand and quickly.

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah Alli,I was thinking about the heat and the sweat on him too. Shorten the points Gillou and make Falla do the running and sweating:lol:

lalaland
08-12-2009, 07:55 PM
thats ok ive got plenty of hair!!:)
thanks for the link...

Glad that work for you. Mine's buffering like crazy, that caused hair loss for me :p. I have to keep flashing it.

C'mon Gilles.

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Forget I said that:lol:

rawalya
08-12-2009, 07:59 PM
:bowdown:

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Break him Gillou,focus!!!!

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 08:02 PM
any streams? My stream has just been terminated :(

leptiric
08-12-2009, 08:04 PM
geez..he really is playing like an idiot today!!:rolleyes:
its painfull to watch!!

rtgy
08-12-2009, 08:04 PM
:o damn 2-2:mad::(

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Mine's gone AWOL too:

http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp?;)

rtgy
08-12-2009, 08:05 PM
any streams? My stream has just been terminated :(

http://atdhe.net/8394/watch-atp-montreal;)

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 08:06 PM
I can't use a betting site through my internet. Maybe we are best not watching him grrr

rawalya
08-12-2009, 08:09 PM
talking about the heat
the match before , Delpo was sweating badly and his shorts was soaked :lol:
he looked tired like he's playing in the Sahara

Gillou may now have a hard time in the heat too :hug:

leptiric
08-12-2009, 08:11 PM
well the one from lalaland is working just fine for me :)
although he is pissing me off with the way hes playing but oh well...i keep on hoping that it will get better...:rolleyes:

http://www.fromsport.com/video-55060.html

lalaland
08-12-2009, 08:11 PM
http://www.livestreamtube.com/ch-7/
this one as bad as http://www.fromsport.com/video-55060.html in terms of buffering, since they are the same source. But I have them both open and buffer at diff interval so I can see a bit of action, eventhough very incoherently.

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Come on Gillou,I can sense Falla tightening up a bit here,use your experience;)

WarriorA
08-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Generally Gillou is not heat-sensitive, but when it's really hot + humid he sweats a lot and doesn't do so well... I wonder if he's having trouble with his grip because of the sweat.

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 08:14 PM
What a chance he missed there,he didn't have to hit it that hard!

WarriorA
Hitting shots like that seems to confirm that he's having problems with his grip...

Cloudygirl
not working for me and I'm too scared to even look at the livescore

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 08:15 PM
A fist pump,some emotion:hearts: Come on Gillou:bounce:

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Falla nets,Gillou has the break(at last):bounce:

WarriorA
08-12-2009, 08:16 PM
After that overhead, was that a pseudo-fist-pump from Gillou??

It was... I don't think I've seen him do that much before. He must really be struggling.

rtgy
08-12-2009, 08:16 PM
BREAK:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mo:lol:
:hug:

leptiric
08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
:bounce: finally
it would be nice if he could hold...

but-it's-ok
08-12-2009, 08:19 PM
He did - to love:yeah: Allez Gillou:bounce:

Puschkin
08-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Finally, hoping for some more relaxed play now, with some varaiation. Otherwise this still can be very exhaustive.