2009 Fall Hardcourt Thread [Archive] - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

2009 Fall Hardcourt Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

turtle-rn
10-09-2009, 05:13 AM
:fiery:
Separate beds for tonight.

Obviously next time he faces Misha we're going to have to take more desperate actions. The Tennis Gods demand virgin sacrifice.
It didn't work last time remember? :p Pigeonhood is not that hurtful (as long as it is only Misha).

Truc
10-09-2009, 06:31 AM
In L'Equipe today (you can read the first part of the article in the Gasquet forum if you wonder about all the Mélor talk):
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9186288&postcount=408
Simon à bout de nerfs
À quoi ça rime, on se le demande, d’écouter Gilles Simon insulter Mélor pendant une heure et demie ? À pas grand-chose. Regarder un panneau publicitaire, soufflé par une bourrasque, atterrir à deux pas de Tsonga, ça n’apporte rien non plus au « schmilblick ». À la limite, c’est même dangereux. Et on vous passe les portes qui claquent et les serviettes qui volent sur le terrain. Si le vent en avait une, Simon lui aurait volontiers cassé la gueule. « Jusqu’au milieu du deuxième set, c’était injouable, râlait-il. Je n’ai jamais joué dans un vent pareil et jamais, jamais, jamais, je n’avais pris aussi peu de plaisir dans un match. J’avais envie de tout péter, j’étais à bout de nerfs. Je n’ai pas lâché un coup, pas un ! Pendant la première moitié de la partie, notre niveau était ridicule. Franchement, j’étais mal pour les gens qui voyaient ça. Quand je vois que ni lui ni moi sommes capables de retourner des deuxièmes balles à 120 km/h, je trouve ça grotesque. Si je n’avais pas une conscience professionnelle, je me serais barré du stade. » Mais Simon a une conscience professionnelle et aussi de la vaillance. Sinon, il n’aurait pas sauvé trois balles de match, deux à 5-4 et une à 6-5, au deuxième set. « Tu parles ! Ça m’a apporté quoi ? Je me suis juste emmerdé une heure de plus sur le court. » Youzhny, lui, ne mouftait pas. Pourtant, le Russe, 49e mondial, a la réputation de se vriller les boyaux pour moins que ça. Mais là, zen le Youzhny. « Quand le vent est tombé, il a mieux joué que moi », insistait Simon. Dimanche, le numéro 2 français gagnait à Bangkok son premier titre de l’année. Quatre jours après, son passage à Tokyo l’avait bien refroidi. « À cause de la pluie, je n’ai pas pu m’entraîner une fois cette semaine. Je suis sûr que je me suis déréglé. » Bravo, Mélor, tu peux être fier de toi!

MsTree
10-09-2009, 06:36 AM
I just ran that through Google translate :lol:

"I wanted to fart while I was on edge. I have not dropped a shot, not one!"

"But Simon has a dedication and also the courage. Otherwise, he would not have saved three match points, two at 5-4 and 6-5 in the second set. "You bet! It gave me what? I'm just fucked another hour on court. "Youzhny, it does not mufti. However, the Russian 49th World is known to twist the gut for less than that."

:haha:

Truc
10-09-2009, 06:51 AM
I love Bernès' style (the journalist of L'Equipe who covers Tokyo this week), it's really funny in French, but unfortunately a bit too complicated for my English. Here's a kind of translation, though:

What's the point of listening to Gilles Simon insult Mélor (it's the name of the typhoon) for one hour and a half? Not much. Simon would have loved to smash Mélor's face in yesterday. "It was simply impossible to play until the middle of the 2nd set, he moans. I've never played in such windy conditions and I have never, never, never taken so little pleasure in a match. I felt like breaking everything in sight, I was at the end of my tether. I couldn't go for my shots once, not once! Our level was ridiculous during the first half of the match. I was frankly feeling bad for the people watching us. Neither he nor I were able to return 2nd serves at 120 km/h, it was ludicrous. Only my conscientiousness prevented me from leaving the court." But Simon is conscientious, and courageous too. Or he wouldn't have saved 3 MP, two at 5-4 and one at 6-5 in the 2nd set. "Great! And what was the point? I just got annoyed one more hour on the court." :rolls: (My 'translation' is too polite, that's not exactly what he says, he sounds so mad, it's hilarious.)
Youzhny, on the other side, didn't bat an eyelid. Although he has the reputation of flipping his lid for less than that. But this time, Youzhny was zen. "When the wind dropped down, he was playing better than me", Simon insists. "I couldn't practice once this week because of the rain. I'm sure it has unsettled me." Congrats, Mélor, great job!

lalaland
10-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Separate beds for tonight.

It didn't work last time remember? :p Pigeonhood is not that hurtful (as long as it is only Misha).
he’s already practicing pigeonhood under one Richard Gasquet, not to mention he is also collectively owned by the Germans :p. Life does become hard having to work under so many masters, and we all know how Gilles feels about having to work hard ;).

lalaland
10-09-2009, 07:16 AM
What's the point of listening to Gilles Simon insult Mélor (it's the name of the typhoon) for one hour and a half?
:lol:

"Great! And what was the point? I just got annoyed one more hour on the court."
:rolls: priceless

MsTree
10-09-2009, 03:58 PM
he’s already practicing pigeonhood under one Richard Gasquet, not to mention he is also collectively owned by the Germans :p.

He's not anyone's pigeon (yet) though, his h2h with Gasquet is 0-4.

He's not got any pigeons either IIRC but his h2h with Jose Acasuso is 4-0 in Gilles' favour.

rtgy
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
"I wanted to fart while I was on edge. I have not dropped a shot, not one!"

:eek::lol:

OMG....:haha: :haha: :haha:

:rolls:

lalaland
10-09-2009, 06:22 PM
He's not anyone's pigeon (yet) though, his h2h with Gasquet is 0-4.

Oh right, sorry, keep forgetting that you have to play 5 matches to get the classification. Let's hope Gilles can avoid Misha and Richard in the future :p.

MsTree
10-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Or whoop their sorry arses for them :devil:

Truc
10-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Do you have extensive stats about his h2h against the rest of the tour, Les? Who are the other players he should avoid?
His 0-4 against PHM is the most painful one I can think of from the top of my mind. I was really annoyed when Paulo lost before facing him in Bucharest last year because I was so sure Gilles was finally going to win this time. Same for Ritchie.
But there are a lot of guys I don't want to see in his part of the draw because he has never beaten them, JCF, Ljubo, Llodra (aaaaargh)...

Truc
10-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I think his bad h2h against Misha is clearly annoying him and that's why he won't give him any credit and turns the whole match into a thing about the wind and the bad weather.
I have no doubt it was a nightmare indeed to play in the wind. But it was not the whole story of the match.
It's the same when he plays against Paulo or Richard, he won't give them any credit, he will always find all kind of excuses for his bad performance. I found today's reaction in L'Equipe so typical in that regard.

MsTree
10-09-2009, 08:37 PM
I was keeping a spreadsheet on his h2hs for a while ~ I've reformatted my laptop since but I know I saved it somewhere, shouldn't take much to get it up to date once I've found it! :)

turtle-rn
10-09-2009, 08:54 PM
:lol: Actually, the translation is not that bad, the gist is somewhat correct. I have memory of far worst stuff by those online translators.

lalaland
10-09-2009, 08:55 PM
He did say Misha played better than him in that interview, didn't he?

I thought considering how irritated he was and how badly he handled the wind and how well Misha played, he didn't do too badly, only losing 6-4 in the 3rd.

Anyway, here's a h to h list, from Tennis Corner
http://www.tenniscorner.net/index.php?corner=m&action=headtohead&playerid=SIG006

turtle-rn
10-09-2009, 09:07 PM
His 0-4 against PHM is the most painful one I can think of from the top of my mind. (...) Llodra (aaaaargh)...
These two for me too.

I think his bad h2h against Misha is clearly annoying him and that's why he won't give him any credit and turns the whole match into a thing about the wind and the bad weather.
I have no doubt it was a nightmare indeed to play in the wind. But it was not the whole story of the match. (...)I found today's reaction in L'Equipe so typical in that regard.
Agreed wholeheartedly. As funny as it is, I find his interview quite dishonest. The conditions were bad but not that bad, and ultimately they were the same for both players. Gilles never had the upper hand in this match, even when winning the second set; it was more like he was just impeding the inevitable. I was amazed by Misha's composure, he remained calm throughout the whole match which is so unlike of him in thigh matches, as if he knew too well he got Gilles' number and the outcome was never really in doubt.

turtle-rn
10-09-2009, 09:10 PM
He did say Misha played better than him in that interview, didn't he?
Only when the wind went off.

Truc
10-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the link! I haven't been on TennisCorner for years because the ads brought my browser to crash, I hardly dared to click on your link, but it doesn't seem so bad anymore. I didn't know they have the full h2h.
But he's 0-4 against PHM, he lost to him in qualies too:
http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/headtohead.asp?player=30023245&opponent=30016120
And 0-3 against JCF.

(As for the match, I know he says that Youzhny played better, but he still gives me the impression it bugs him a lot and he has his usual reaction - also, the bad weather in the past few days had unsettled my game, and the 3rd set was just annoying anyway, etc. But well, we don't have the complete interview, the article is about the conditions and how they coped with it, maybe that's why it stresses that part a lot.)

MsTree
10-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Oh now that's handy!

According to that list he's ~
4-0 against Jose Acasuso, Igor Andreev, Teimuraz Gabashvili & Rainer Schuettler (they're not counting Arag WTC then)
3-1 against Nikolay Davydenko, Juan Monaco, Florent Serra
3-0 against Marin Cilic, Fabio Fognini, Evgeny Korolev, Andreas Seppi, Viktor Troicki
2-0 against Carlos Berlocq, Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer, Lleyton Hewitt, Robert Kendrick, Wayne Odesnik, Boris Pashanski, Andrei Pavel, Bobby Reynolds, Vincent Spadea, Donald Young

0-4 against Gasquet and now Youzhny
1-4 against Robredo
0-3 against Ivan Ljubicic, Michael Llodra, Paul-Henri Mathieu (not as bad as you thought Fran!)
1-3 against Daniele Bracciali, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Rafael Nadal
0-2 against David Ferrer, Juan Carlos Ferrero (ATP site agrees), Joachim Johansson, Andy Roddick, Mischa Zverev

Truc
10-09-2009, 09:22 PM
He already has a pigeon. 5-0. :cool:
http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/headtohead.asp?player=30023245&opponent=30022507
I don't see why Futures wouldn't count.

MsTree
10-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I can't remember what criteria they use in the thread in GM but we can count whatever we like :)

Scotso
10-09-2009, 09:32 PM
It didn't work last time remember? :p

Yes, it is clear we didn't sacrifice enough.

lalaland
10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
(As for the match, I know he says that Youzhny played better, but he still gives me the impression it bugs him a lot and he has his usual reaction - also, the bad weather in the past few days had unsettled my game, and the 3rd set was just annoying anyway, etc. But well, we don't have the complete interview, the article is about the conditions and how they coped with it, maybe that's why it stresses that part a lot.)

He's quite whinny sometimes anyway, I'm sure he knows the weather affects everyone and that no one else can practice either, so the fact that he didn't handle it well is his own problem no matter how he puts it. It's nice of the journalists to let him rant for 1.5 hrs :lol:, hope that he got all those frustrations off his system then.

turtle-rn
10-09-2009, 11:54 PM
It's more his usual emphasizing on not taking pleasure on the court that always sounds to me like a roundabout way to say he wasn't interesting in winning and handed the match over, which couldn't be farther from the truth. Way to mine his opponent's credit too.

lalaland
10-10-2009, 12:34 AM
I’m only basing my impression on the translation, the original could totally shows more of what his tone is. But I don't get the undertone you suggest that he’s implying “he wasn’t interested in winning and handed the match over”. He didn’t enjoying his play by no mean equal he didn’t care to win it :shrug: . Surely, he could be a man and admit that he couldn’t handle the situation and Misha did a better job, which is what I think was the case. But I think it’s a bit harsh to say that he’s implying that Misha only won it because he didn’t want to.

turtle-rn
10-10-2009, 01:16 AM
From what I gather from his previous interviews, I don't think he refers to his own game when he whines about not having pleasure on the court (like when he lost to Llodra in Marseilles, roughly "big serves, little or no rallies, that's not tennis, I had no pleasure"). Granted that's based on my personnal perception, I think it's unfair and childish as a professional player to complain about that and it does sound to me as a desinterest or lack of commitment for that particular match, as to say he didn't sign in for that.

lalaland
10-10-2009, 03:59 AM
That Llodra comment is petty and childish, but the context is completely different. To say that every time he said he’s not having fun on court would mean that he couldn’t care to win it, that’s unfair. I really don’t see how he said he wasn’t having any fun playing in such bad condition was an attempt to not give credit to his opponent. He was not the most gracious out there, but I don’t think he’s such a bad loser either.

turtle-rn
10-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Er.. because if I read correctly, he basically is blaming the wind for making him miss his shots, says he only won the second set out of professionnal conscience and was bored during the third set! As if that wasn't enough, his "never never never had so little fun" sounds like a direct allusion to his previous "no fun" ranting, namely the Llodra one. Of course he's not always such a sore loser but when he does deviously deny credit to his opponent, it's about as obvious as a wart in the middle of Mona Lisa's face. I'm too lazy for looking up links but off the top of my head, that was the case after his defeat to Youznhy in Indian Wells 08, after his defeat to Gasquet in Sidney this year (that one was outright embarrassing) or even after his lost to Djoko in the TMC SF. His reaction here is nothing short of what he said after those matches imo.

Cloudygirl
10-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Against certain players he really really isn't the best of losers.

MsTree
10-10-2009, 11:07 AM
He needs a good spanking :devil:

Shanghai draw is out http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/5014/mds.pdf

Gillou is in Nole's quarter, Troicki or Monaco in R2 :D Cilic, Safin or Berdych in R3. Hopefully Marat :)

leptiric
10-10-2009, 12:53 PM
im not liking that draw!! :mad:
couldve been better!

Jess22
10-10-2009, 01:08 PM
I think it's alright, it could have been worse

MsTree
10-10-2009, 01:13 PM
He doesn't seem to like easy draws though :lol:
I've got him to win the whole thing in the ATP Draw challenge :devil: beating Troicki, Cilic, Djokovic, Davydenko and finally Jo in the Final. It's like a double reverse jinx :p I don't think Nat'll find a virgin in time :lol:

Scotso
10-10-2009, 01:39 PM
He needs a good spanking :devil:

Shanghai draw is out http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/5014/mds.pdf

Gillou is in Nole's quarter, Troicki or Monaco in R2 :D Cilic, Safin or Berdych in R3. Hopefully Marat :)

Shanghai got a Masters event? Where the hell have I been? :scratch:

Naina
10-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Good Luck Gillou :hearts: (Not a bad draw)

rtgy
10-10-2009, 09:02 PM
He doesn't seem to like easy draws though :lol:

:lol: true:tape::p

I've got him to win the whole thing in the ATP Draw challenge :devil: beating Troicki, Cilic, Djokovic, Davydenko and finally Jo in the Final. It's like a double reverse jinx :p I don't think Nat'll find a virgin in time :lol:

:lol: :worship:

ALLEZ GILLOU!!! :rocker:

whattheheck
10-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Gillou doesn't like it easy, he likes it hard. :)

rtgy
10-11-2009, 05:27 AM

whattheheck
10-11-2009, 05:55 AM

leptiric
10-11-2009, 07:57 AM

every match is hard for him!! :lol:

but-it's-ok
10-11-2009, 09:26 AM
A tough draw:eek: Take it easy Gillou:lol:(j/k);)

Allez Gilles:rocker2:

MsTree
10-11-2009, 10:55 AM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/5014/op.pdf

Gillou isn't scheduled to play on Monday :)

edit - I'm an idiot, I forgot he had a bye anyway :lol:

ammaly
10-11-2009, 02:42 PM
every match is hard for him!! :lol:

that really hurt !:D

rtgy
10-11-2009, 03:19 PM
edit - I'm an idiot, I forgot he had a bye anyway :lol:

:eek::eek::eek:(:lol:)

Les:smash: you're not an idiot!!!:o you're simply the sweetest angel on MTF:worship:;)

:hug::smooch:

MsTree
10-11-2009, 03:20 PM
It must really hurt being hard in every match! :devil:

Here's the draw for you Amy :)

(1) NADAL, Rafael ESP - BYE
BLAKE, James USA - KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
QUALIFIER - PETZSCHNER, Philipp GER
QUALIFIER - (14) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP

(11) MONFILS, Gael FRA - MATHIEU, Paul Henri FRA
HEWITT, Lleyton AUS - ISNER, John USA
BENNNETEAU, Julien FRA - LJUBICIC, Iván CRO
BYE - (7) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

(3) DEL POTRO, Juan Martín ARG - BYE
CHARDY, Jeremy FRA - MELZER, Jurgen AUT
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP - GARCIA LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
GASQUET, Richard FRA - (16) FERRER, David ESP

(9) SODERLING, Robin SWE - HANESCU, Victor ROM
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER - ALMAGRO, Nicolás ESP
(WC) ZENG, Shao Xuan CHN - SELA, Dudi ISR
BYE - (5) TSONGA, Jo Wilfried FRA

(6) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS - BYE
KUNITSYN, Igor RUS - ANDREEV, Igor RUS
QUALIFIER - QUALIFIER
ZVEREV, Mischa GER - (10) GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI

(13) STEPANEK, Radek CZE - FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP
ACASUSO, José ARG - BECK, Andreas GER
QUALIFIER - WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
BYE - (4) RODDICK, Andy USA

SIMON, Gilles FRA - BYE
TROICKI, Viktor SRB - MONACO, Juan ARG
(WC) GONG, Mao Xin CHN - (WC) SAFIN, Marat RUS
BERDYCH, Tomas CZE - (12) CILIC, Marin CRO

(15) HAAS, Tommy GER - BECKER, Benjamin GER
VASSALLO ARGÜELLO, Martín ARG - QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER - (WC) GULBIS, Ernests LAT
BYE - (2) DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB

:eek::eek::eek:(:lol:)

Les:smash: you're not an idiot!!!:o you're simply the sweetest angel on MTF:worship:;)

:hug:

:hug: Thanks Yavor but I was being an idiot! :lol:

ammaly
10-11-2009, 03:27 PM

Here's the draw for you Amy :)

(1) NADAL, Rafael ESP - BYE
BLAKE, James USA - KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
QUALIFIER - PETZSCHNER, Philipp GER
QUALIFIER - (14) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP

(11) MONFILS, Gael FRA - MATHIEU, Paul Henri FRA
HEWITT, Lleyton AUS - ISNER, John USA
BENNNETEAU, Julien FRA - LJUBICIC, Iván CRO
BYE - (7) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

(3) DEL POTRO, Juan Martín ARG - BYE
CHARDY, Jeremy FRA - MELZER, Jurgen AUT
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP - GARCIA LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
GASQUET, Richard FRA - (16) FERRER, David ESP

(9) SODERLING, Robin SWE - HANESCU, Victor ROM
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER - ALMAGRO, Nicolás ESP
(WC) ZENG, Shao Xuan CHN - SELA, Dudi ISR
BYE - (5) TSONGA, Jo Wilfried FRA

(6) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS - BYE
KUNITSYN, Igor RUS - ANDREEV, Igor RUS
QUALIFIER - QUALIFIER
ZVEREV, Mischa GER - (10) GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI

(13) STEPANEK, Radek CZE - FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP
ACASUSO, José ARG - BECK, Andreas GER
QUALIFIER - WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
BYE - (4) RODDICK, Andy USA

SIMON, Gilles FRA - BYE
TROICKI, Viktor SRB - MONACO, Juan ARG
(WC) GONG, Mao Xin CHN - (WC) SAFIN, Marat RUS
BERDYCH, Tomas CZE - (12) CILIC, Marin CRO

(15) HAAS, Tommy GER - BECKER, Benjamin GER
VASSALLO ARGÜELLO, Martín ARG - QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER - (WC) GULBIS, Ernests LAT
BYE - (2) DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB

thank you : )
troicki again ?? he's gonna get even !

rtgy
10-11-2009, 03:43 PM

:rolls: true:tape::p

:hug: Thanks Yavor but I was being an idiot! :lol:

:ras: :lol:

btw, you miss the kiss, so I'll repeat it.......:smooch:

MsTree
10-11-2009, 03:45 PM
btw, you miss the kiss, so I'll repeat it.......:smooch:

:hug::smooch::D:smooch::hug::couple: sweetie! :hug:

rtgy
10-11-2009, 03:50 PM
:hug::smooch::D:smooch::hug::couple: sweetie! :hug:

:lol: :hug: :worship:

I :inlove: you too:p

Scotso
10-12-2009, 05:26 AM
For the people that like to hate draws, that's probably one of the worst he's ever had. Especially considering that he's seeded. :p

turtle-rn
10-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Well, I for one like that draw. :shrug: The seeds are in bold, that's great isn't it?

rtgy
10-12-2009, 08:34 AM
For the people that like to hate draws, that's probably one of the worst he's ever had. Especially considering that he's seeded. :p

Well, I for one like that draw. :shrug: The seeds are in bold, that's great isn't it?

to be honest I'm not sure do I like it or not(the draw):shrug: but let's wait and see;):p
hope he'll make it:D

ALLEZ GILLOU!!! :rocker2:

rtgy
10-12-2009, 08:37 AM
The seeds are in bold, that's great isn't it?

:yeah:(:lol:)

ammaly
10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
it should be better after the he gets some rest
hope he'd be healed soon:)

but-it's-ok
10-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Gillou is last match on Grandstand court tomorrow!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/5014/op.pdf

Allez Gillou:rocker:

turtle-rn
10-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Oh thanks. :]

The tournament website wouldn't load for me, despite my using super FF. :(

lalaland
10-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Please Les or Fran, if it's possible to save the stream for me. This match will be at 5amish. I don't think I'll be able to watch. My sleep pattern is completely screwed, and that windstorm was so loud it keep me up half the night last night. However, it's not a big deal if I miss it. I have a funny feeling about this tournament, I want to skip the whole thing and pretend it isn't happening and then find out the result next monday, but of course that probably means I will have to lose consciousness for the next few days to make that achievable.

MsTree
10-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Don't panic! :D As long as Sky have their interactive TV stream going I'll be recording it on my DVDr :) Will start encoding as soon as I get home from work :D

leptiric
10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
the tournament website is horrible!! :(
cant get anything to open...

whattheheck
10-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Good luck Gillou. Score another win against Troicki.

MsTree
10-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Don't panic! :D As long as Sky have their interactive TV stream going I'll be recording it on my DVDr :) Will start encoding as soon as I get home from work :D

OK Panic! Sky's interactive stream is broken, they're trying to fix it but it's doubtful I can set it recording before I go to work (in half an hour) :(

Fran? Help!

edit - They've fixed it. Hope it stays fixed for the rest of the day!!!

Enjoy the match everyone :D

Truc
10-14-2009, 06:58 AM
I will record it too, no problem.

ammaly
10-14-2009, 09:04 AM
i''ll be waiting for ur recording! thanks a lot :)

i usually watch his matches from this link http://www.livescorehunter.com/Livescores/Livescore-Tennis.html
even if sometimes the quality is not really good but i'm always able to find some link to watch
and it's completely free no need any programs

might be useful :)

turtle-rn
10-14-2009, 09:06 AM
the tournament website is horrible!! :(
cant get anything to open...
I'm glad you too get the problem I'm not the only one. :p

I already had the same problem with the Tokyo tournament website, I was that close of spanking Firefox big time.

leptiric
10-14-2009, 12:14 PM
gillou is just about to start!! good luck! :)

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Hi everyone!!:wavey::hug:

Jess22
10-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey :wavey: I have to go out in 15 minutes so not going to see much of the match :sad: but hopefully Gilles can be a break up by then :p

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Hey Jess:wavey: I'm confident Gilles will do just fine whilst you're out;)

rtgy
10-14-2009, 12:37 PM
BREAK!!! 4-2 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:wavey:

angela5
10-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Break! :bounce: 4-2

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi Yavor,Angela:wavey::hug:

Gilles looks sharp today and awesome in black:worship::drool:

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 12:40 PM
5-2!:bounce::bounce:

Allez Gilles:rocker:

rtgy
10-14-2009, 12:41 PM
5-2:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Jess22
10-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Hey Jess:wavey: I'm confident Gilles will do just fine whilst you're out;)

I'm sure he will with you lot cheering him on, Anyways I'm off out, Good luck Gillou! :wavey:

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm sure he will with you lot cheering him on, Anyways I'm off out, Good luck Gillou! :wavey:

angela5
10-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi guys :hug:
Gillou serving for the set:) the stadium is awfully empty...

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi guys :hug:
Gillou serving for the set:) the stadium is awfully empty...

I know:sad: Shame on them not sitting courtside,taking a chance to see an artist at work;)

SET 6-3:woohoo::worship:

rtgy
10-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi Yavor:wavey::hug:

Hi DI:hug:

6-3:D:rocker::rocker2:

:music::yippee::music:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

rtgy
10-14-2009, 12:50 PM
I know:sad: Shame on them not sitting courtside,taking a chance to see an artist at work;)

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

angela5
10-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Woooo:rocker2: Gilles is cruising:cool:

but-it's-ok
Break!!:woohoo: Keep going like this Gillou!:rocker:

rtgy
:eek::eek::eek:OMG BREAK AGAIN 1-0:rocker::rocker::rocker:

rtgy
10-14-2009, 12:55 PM
2-0:worship::worship::worship:

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 01:00 PM
3-1,awesome cross court forehand pass in that game,what style!:woohoo:

I'm loving this:D

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Allez Gillou,gotta keep your focus here;)

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh Gillou! Total lack of concentration in that game. Refocus please;)

rtgy
10-14-2009, 01:09 PM
:mad:WTF***.......................get broken by himself 3-3:o

Gillou:mad::mad::mad:

rtgy
10-14-2009, 01:13 PM
break back 4-3:worship::worship::worship:..............Viktor:s illy: :lol:

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Gillou a break up again!!:bounce: Viktor gave Gilles that game complete with gift wrap!!:lol:

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Consolidates the break easily:rocker:

rtgy
10-14-2009, 01:16 PM
5-4 :rocker:

serving for the match:D:D:D

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Gilles wins 6-3 6-4!
:worship::rocker::banana:

rtgy
10-14-2009, 01:23 PM
6-3 6-4:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

/Viktor was so.....:silly::silly::silly:/ :lol: :lol:

angela5
10-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Yay:bounce: nice match baby!
but I am worried about Berdych tomorrow... should i be? :unsure:

leptiric
10-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Yay:bounce: nice match baby!
but I am worried about Berdych tomorrow... should i be? :unsure:

im kinda worried about him myself :rolleyes:
but a great match from gillou today so maybe we can aspect a good match tomorrow as well!! :)

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't do worrying!:lol:;) New day,new match!

Allez Gillou:bounce:

Truc
10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Berdych hated to play Gilles in the past, it's not a bad match-up for Gilles at all imo. I'm not too worried, he was looking great today and seems to be in vengeful mood ("I will show you I'm not that bad!", a bit like in Shanghai last year).
That said, I haven't watched Berdych today - only against Cilic and he was quite impressive indeed.

Månu
10-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Berdych had a tough match today and needed to call the trainer at the end (should have lost)

Naina
10-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Well Done Gillou baby :D

turtle-rn
10-14-2009, 03:14 PM
:yippee:

ammaly
10-14-2009, 04:51 PM
i watched Berdych against Marat today i agree it was pretty tough for him

in my opinion compare with Gilles today i think Gilles's better he's getting back to his form

lalaland
10-14-2009, 05:38 PM
I watched first set of Berdych/Safin, Tomas looked to have some sore knee issue. He lost the first set. Then I went to bed and woke up to see him winning in 3, so I don't know, maybe it wasn't much of an issue. I'm always worry when it comes to Berdych, who knows which Berdych will turn up. He won last 2 matches against Gilles, so I hope Gilles will turn the tide ;).

MsTree
10-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Maybe Marat's tirade will unsettle Berdych? :lol:

"If you're losing, just be a man and lose as a man. Don't pretend that you are injured and then you start running around and start to hit winners.
"I mean, what kind of sportsman are you? What kind of man are you?"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8306750.stm

Rokebyflynn
10-14-2009, 06:57 PM
I thought Gilles played well today and, in my opinion, if he plays like that against Tomas he should win it ... I reckon it'll go to three though to be honest

Rokebyflynn
10-14-2009, 06:58 PM
By the way I haven't seen it posted yet ... gilles is 3rd up on Grandstand tomorrow

Jess22
10-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Nicely done Gillou :yeah: Good luck tomorrow

tashanv
10-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Well done Gilles :worship:!!!Good luck tomorrow :bounce:.

whattheheck
10-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Don't get distracted by Berdych's antics.

Truc
10-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Nothing interesting in L'Equipe, he says he doesn't pay attention to the points for the Race (it's the theme of today's article, Jo is like crazy with the calculations for the Race, while Gaël and Gilles don't care). Gilles is thinking about Shanghai, not about London.
He was always in control yesterday - except for that silly rebreak in the 2nd set: "Since I was feeling well, I tried to go more for my shots. And I missed." But he adjusted immediately.
About the next match he says: "It will all depend on which Berdych I will have in front of me."

Rokebyflynn
10-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Best of luck for today Gillou. I'm looking forward to the match I must confess :)

rtgy
10-15-2009, 10:36 AM
2-1 ALLEZ!!! :rocker2:

angela5
10-15-2009, 10:44 AM
3-1 :bounce:

rtgy
10-15-2009, 10:45 AM
BREAK 3-1:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

rtgy
10-15-2009, 10:49 AM
:confused:........................................ ............break back 2-3:eek::mad::o:mad:

:smash::smash::smash:

rtgy
10-15-2009, 10:57 AM
4-3:cool:

angela5
10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
5-3!!! Allez:rocker2:

rtgy
10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
break :bounce: 5-3
Gillou is serving for the set:worship:

Naina
10-15-2009, 11:03 AM
He breaks again :bounce:
5-3

rtgy
10-15-2009, 11:04 AM
ALLEZ GILLOU!!! 6-3 :bounce:

angela5
10-15-2009, 11:05 AM
6-3, god i love you Gilles. :rocker:

Naina
10-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Gillou on fire :bounce:

angela5
10-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Come on Gilles. Please hold.

rtgy
10-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Gillou is mad at the net:lol:...3-4:rolleyes:

angela5
10-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Woooooo!:worship: Serve it out Gillou! Allez!!

rtgy
10-15-2009, 11:53 AM
BREAK 5-4 serving for the match:D

rtgy
10-15-2009, 11:57 AM

WOW 6-3 6-4:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

whattheheck
10-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Yay, he won. :)

angela5
10-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Well done Gillou!!:bigclap: im so proud of him. Now leads in the H2H against Tomas:)

leptiric
10-15-2009, 12:00 PM
nice win!! :bounce:
i was a little worried i must say! hope he can get his game on for tomorrow! that will be a hard one!:)

Truc
10-15-2009, 12:02 PM
:cool:

I turned the sound on for a change at the end and there was a French fan telling him: "Gillou, my grandmother loves you, can you say something for her, please?" He really is the darling of all mothers and grandmothers, he'll make the cover of "Notre temps" soon.

turtle-rn
10-15-2009, 12:09 PM
:yippee:

He really is the darling of all mothers and grandmothers, he'll make the cover of "Notre temps" soon.
In other words, he is not trendy! haha.

Scotso
10-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Very nice win. :D

Rokebyflynn
10-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Good win and good, solid performance from Gilles I thought :) It'll be a tough match against Djoko tomorrow but I have faith he'll do it and banish the memories of Dubai for good. ALLEZ!!!

Månu
10-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Hope this time he will beat Novak!

whattheheck
10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
:cool:

I turned the sound on for a change at the end and there was a French fan telling him: "Gillou, my grandmother loves you, can you say something for her, please?" He really is the darling of all mothers and grandmothers, he'll make the cover of "Notre temps" soon.

I would take it that the grandma is still aroused by Gillou?:lol:

rtgy
10-15-2009, 02:26 PM
OOP is ready and Gillou will play 3rd tomorrow:
http://www.shanghaimasters1000.com/2009/en/play.html;)

ammaly
10-15-2009, 03:19 PM
against Nole won't be really easy one but i believe in him :)
believing in something does make it 50 done and another 50 is up on him

ALLEZ SIMON !!!

but-it's-ok
10-15-2009, 04:15 PM
I couldn't follow the match,but I'm impressed with the scoreline:worship: Terrific win.

Allez Gillou:bounce:

Jess22
10-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Good win :) Fancy his chances tomorrow but will be tough for sure, Allez Gilles

lalaland
10-15-2009, 05:57 PM

Haha, I saw that guy holding a tape recorder of some sort, I was wondering what he was asking. :)

So Nole again, I hope Gilles wins this time. I'm still believing that Nole is very beatable for him, so he better wins it this time for a change. Good luck Gilles.

Does anyone else think the line calls are horrible? Thank goodness there's hawkeyes. And I feel terribly sorry for the players to have to a play a match in front of an empty stadium. :o

MsTree
10-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Must be the worst crowds at any of the Masters! The matches are all really strange with hardly any crowd noise, no commentary on the interactive stream, just weird!

Gillou can beat Nole! He's in the right headspace now and he's been playing well all week, his hair looks fab, he's got it all going for him! ;)

lalaland
10-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Must be the worst crowds at any of the Masters! The matches are all really strange with hardly any crowd noise, no commentary on the interactive stream, just weird!

There were about 5 fans in Gilles' first match that were making noise and cheering him on, I wonder where they went? :(

his hair looks fab, he's got it all going for him! ;)
Now there's absolutely no reason to lose then, isn't it ;)

MsTree
10-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh flip! The DVDr threw a wobbly when Gillou was broken back for 3-2 in the first set :( My cap will be missing game point :o)

It sounds like they're both hammering the ball really hard, with the sound echoing round the court!

edit the DVDr is just about in the bin, I've had no end of trouble watching the match! :(
I think it must be a bad sector on the HD :(:(:( I'm going to d/l Fran's streamrip so I can watch it all the way through!

tashanv
10-15-2009, 10:58 PM
WOW great win Gilles :eek: :worship:!!!!!!!!!Cant wait to see what happens tomorrow :bounce:.

anaquot
10-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Cheer for me, too! He's got to beat him sometime, now's as good a time as any :D

MsTree
10-16-2009, 06:15 AM
:hug: Autumn! How's Hawaii? :D

Cheers for me too, I'll have the livescore running at work ;) Allez Gilles!

Truc
10-16-2009, 06:40 AM
In L'Equipe today:
Simon, l’instant fraîcheur
Excellent hier contre Berdych (6-3, 6-4), frais dans sa tête, le numéro 2 français a de quoi gêner Djokovic.

QU’EST-CE QUI EST BLEU et qu’on ne pouvait pas rater pendant le match Simon-Berdych ? Les sièges. Pourquoi ? Parce que s’il y avait eu des gens dessus, on n’aurait pas autant vu leur couleur. Qu’est-ce qui est orange et qui sautait aux yeux pendant le match Simon-Berdych ? Le bandage autour du genou droit du Tchèque. Pourquoi ? Probablement au cas où Marat Safin aurait eu envie de vérifier si Berdych avait bien fait du cinoche la veille contre lui. T’avais raison de grogner Marat, car le grand blond n’avait pas l’air d’un estropié hier. Gilles Simon n’a pas battu la moitié d’un Berdych, il a plutôt battu la moitié de l’équipe tchèque finaliste de la Coupe Davis. Hier, Simon a réussi à dégoûter Berdych de ce qu’il aime le plus : le jeu en cadence qui rase le filet. Il y eut bien sûr des turbulences. Surtout au second set. Surtout après avoir raté trois balles debreak d’affilée à 1-1. Aussitôt après, Simon sauva deux balles de break à 2-1, une autre à 3-2 et une dernière à 4-3. « C’est le seul petit moment où Gilles s’est énervé. Il a gagné un gros match et je crois qu’il peut en gagner d’autres ici, flairait le coach Tulasne. La surface n’étant pas trop rapide, il peut défendre et contrer. C’est marrant, Gilles me fait penser à Sébastien Grosjean quand je l’entraînais. Comme “Seb”, Gilles est tellement fortque dès qu’il a du temps pour se préparer à un tournoi, son niveau est rapidement très haut. » Perturbé par son genou, Simon avait abandonné à l’US Open puis renoncé aux barrages de Coupe Davis puis aux tournois de la semaine d’après. « Il est sûrement plus frais dans la tronche et dans les jambes que beaucoup de mecs ici. Pour la première fois de l’année, on a eu huit jours entiers pour bosser à fond avant de partir en Asie, poursuit Tulasne. Avant, Gilles ne voyait pas trop l’intérêt de se préparer spécifiquement pour un gros tournoi. Lui, son truc, c’était les matches. Il commence à comprendre. Il n’a plus d’appréhension avec son genou et il me dit tout le temps : “ Qu’est-ce que c’est bon de courir à fond !” Il a l’impression de pouvoir enfin jouer l’esprit libre. Ça change tout quand un joueur est heureux. » Et quand en plus il gagne... Avant Cincinnati en août, Simon ne s’était jamais pointé en quarts de finale d’un Masters 1000. Ça en fait donc deux de suite, les deux fois contre Novak Djokovic. Dans l’Ohio, le genou de « Gilou » avait rapidement tout fait foirer. Ici, on demande à voir. « Je suis prêt pour un semi-marathon, dit Simon. Ça fait deux mois que je sens que je joue super bien et que je suis bridé par ce genou. » Avant Cincinnati, le Serbe avait été responsable de deux défaites très coûteuses à Simon : en demi-finales du Masters, ici-même l’an dernier, et en demi-finales à Dubaï, en février. Chaque fois, 7-5 au troisième set. « J’avais même eu balle de match à Dubaï. C’est mon plus grand regret cette année. » Alors, pour se venger, Gilles a « chouravé » ici les chaussettes de Novak. « Si vous voyez Gilles, demandez-lui s’il peut me rendre mes chaussettes », lança hier soir, sourire en coin, le numéro 3mondial. « Elles sont au sale, répondit Simon. Il m’en a prêté une paire pour me dépanner quand j’ai eu un souci de laverie. » OK « Djoko », on vous propose un marché : Simon veut bien rendre les chaussettes, mais en échange, vous arrêtez de le battre.
FRÉDÉRIC BERNÈS

Truc
10-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Berdych had a huge orange strap on the knee, as if he wanted to show Marat that he really was injured. But Gilles didn't beat a "cripple" yesterday. He managed to beat Tomas at his own game: big battles from the baseline with balls skimming over the net. There were just a few alarms in the 2nd set when he had to save BP at 2-1, 3-2 and one last more at 4-3. "It's the only time of the match Gilles lost his temper, Tulasne says. He won a big match today and I think he can win some more. The surface isn't too fast, he can defend and counter. It's funny, Gilles reminds me of Sébastien Grosjean when I was coaching him. Like Seb, Gilles is so good that when he has time to properly prepare a tournament, his level immediately is very high. (...) His mind and his legs are certainly fresher than those of many guys here. For the first time of the year we had 8 whole days of hard work before leaving for Asia. Gilles used to not really see the point of getting ready for a big event specifically. His thing was to play matches. He's starting to get it. He has no fear anymore because of his knee and he keeps telling me: 'It feels so good to run at top speed!' He has the impression he's finally able to play with a clear mind. Things are completely different when a player is happy." And when he also wins...
He hadn't played a QF in a Masters 1000 until Cincy. That makes two in a row. Both against Nole. Gilles' knee spoilt the fun in Cincy. "I'm ready for a semi-marathon, Gilles says. It's been two months I'm feeling extremely well and the knee is restraining me."
He's already lost two very precious matches to Nole: the SF of Shanghai last year and the SF of Dubai in February. Both 7-5 in the 3rd. "I even had a MP in Dubai. It's my biggest regret of the year." As if out of revenge he's stolen Nole's socks (Nole gave him a pair of socks because he hadn't any clean stuff anymore). "If you see Gilles, please ask him to give my socks back", Nole was saying yesterday. "They're in the wash", Gilles says. OK, Djoko, here's the deal: Simon will give back the socks, but please stop beating him.

Scotso
10-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Pre-match music?

2I1vEgIsYzE

:lol:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 10:20 AM
:eek:OMG Lalo:lol::rocker:
(I was for Soda:p)

btw, Gillou time:D

Jess22
10-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Hey everyone :wavey: :eek: Lalo wasn't expecting that
Revenge time :armed:

ammaly
10-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks Novak for the points LOL

rtgy
10-16-2009, 10:57 AM
:speakles:.............................0-3:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
:o

Jess22
10-16-2009, 10:58 AM
0-3 :sad: He's not made such a bad start though, but not enough first serves :smash:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 10:58 AM
1-3....

angela5
10-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Come on Gillou, I have faith in you!!

angela5
10-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Break please!!!

angela5
10-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Break back!!! Allez :bounce:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 11:03 AM
BREAK............HE'S BACK 2-3!!! :bounce:

Jess22
10-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Broken back with a bit of help from Novak :worship:
2-3

Renaud
10-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Allez Gilles !! BP :scared:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 11:11 AM
broken again.......................2-4:sobbing:

Jess22
10-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Broken again :o

rtgy
10-16-2009, 11:18 AM
2-5:o

but still this match is gorgeous so far:D
(Gillou:hug:)

rtgy
10-16-2009, 11:24 AM
3-6:sobbing:

angela5
10-16-2009, 11:26 AM
My poor baby:sad: This is so painful to watch. Though the match is closer than the scoreline suggests.
Allez Gillou, you can do it!!

ammaly
10-16-2009, 11:29 AM
some shot made me wanna Kick Nole:mad::mad:

Jess22
10-16-2009, 11:30 AM
:sad: :wavey: I've got to go now but Allez Gillou! hopefully he can turn it around at least take a set

ammaly
10-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Gilles PLSSS Don't lose control there're chances to break him !!!

rtgy
10-16-2009, 11:38 AM
2-1:D

angela5
10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
BREAK! 3-1:bounce:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
BREAK 3-1 :rocker: :bounce:

angela5
10-16-2009, 11:49 AM
4-1:rocker2:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 11:50 AM
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:4-1 :rocker:

ALLEZ!!! :rocker2:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 11:57 AM
5-2 :rocker:

angela5
10-16-2009, 11:58 AM
5-2:worship: Keep it up Gilles!

Truc
10-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Allez Gilles !! BP :scared:What a nice surprise! Grüezi!
You're back too early, JR is struggling a little bit to find back his form. :p

I was afraid Gilles might put himself too much under pressure today because he so badly wanted to overcome the frustration of last time, but he really rocks.

rtgy
10-16-2009, 12:09 PM
6-2:hearts::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

angela5
10-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Omg:eek: This is nail biting stuff!

Truc
10-16-2009, 12:18 PM
He runs so much more than Nole, I'm exhausted watching him.
He usually has a good stamina, but he's complained so many times this year that he couldn't practice normally because of his knee, I hope he will be able to go the distance.

rtgy
10-16-2009, 12:19 PM
broken.................I'm furious:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 12:20 PM
He runs so much more than Nole, I'm exhausted watching him.
He usually has a good stamina, but he's complained so many times this year that he couldn't practice normally because of his knee, I hope he will be able to go the distance.

hope he'll be ok.........

ammaly
10-16-2009, 12:21 PM
it's obviously out c'mon Nole !!!

ammaly
10-16-2009, 12:22 PM
great !! Nole's losing control !!
ALLEZ GILLOU

Truc
10-16-2009, 12:23 PM
He needs to learn how to play a dropshot, I'm sick of watching him chasing dropshots all the time and never making the other run for a change.

Rebreak. :worship:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 12:23 PM
he's back:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:1-1

rtgy
10-16-2009, 12:28 PM
WTF***..................................:mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ammaly
10-16-2009, 12:29 PM
i'm totally starting to hate Nole just now LOL
honestly i love him off court not really on court especially now he's playing against Gillou

Gillou actually got many chances to break this goofy

ammaly
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
DAMED !!!! What a Shot !!!

ammaly
10-16-2009, 12:33 PM
can somebody please throw some water bottle accross Nole's face
hate that reaction

angela5
10-16-2009, 12:34 PM
i'm totally starting to hate Nole just now LOL
honestly i love him off court not really on court especially now he's playing against Gillou

AGREED.

rtgy
10-16-2009, 12:35 PM
.................................................. ..............................:rolls:

ammaly
10-16-2009, 12:36 PM
LMAO

Nole's getting Mad i feel really sorry for his raquet

angela5
10-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Nole:lol::lol::lol:

Renaud
10-16-2009, 12:37 PM
He needs to learn how to play a dropshot, I'm sick of watching him chasing dropshots all the time and never making the other run for a change.

I have seen a lot of improvements since last fall, really.
;)

rtgy
10-16-2009, 12:40 PM
:speakles:

5 games 5 breaks so far...............:speakles:

Scotso
10-16-2009, 12:42 PM
This is rather infuriating and nerve-wracking. :tape:

I was conflicted going in, because I'm a big Nole fan as well, but he's made it easy to cheer for Gilles.

rtgy
10-16-2009, 12:46 PM
2-4:o:sad::mad:

lalaland
10-16-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm a big Nole fan too, but seriously, a toilet break during the set? How convenient.

C'mon Gilles, keep fighting.

angela5
10-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Nole is really getting on my nerves. This is so frustrating because this match is just so... winnable!

Allez Gillou, dont give up.

Scotso
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Ugh.

Scotso
10-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Nole is really getting on my nerves. This is so frustrating because this match is just so... winnable!

Allez Gillou, dont give up.

Seriously, at one point he had him like a yoyo. He's really lost the plot. :sobbing:

2-5*

fight, Gilles!

lalaland
10-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Dammit. :mad:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 12:54 PM
2-5:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ammaly
10-16-2009, 12:54 PM
whatever the result will be
i love this match though i can see Gilles Smiled and now he's fighting so hard
it's fantastic !!

one word Nole H_CK!!!!

Scotso
10-16-2009, 12:55 PM
The fact that it's SO COLD here is not helping me. My room is in the basement and it's like 60 degrees down here. Damn winter! Support global warming!

I'm not sure if the shivers are from the cold or the nerves.

ammaly
10-16-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm a big Nole fan too, but seriously, a toilet break during the set? How convenient.

C'mon Gilles, keep fighting.

hahaha yeah

somehow if Gillou's gonna lose it's gonna be the beautiful loss i mean it
nole is just __________

Scotso
10-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Well, that sucked.

lalaland
10-16-2009, 12:59 PM
:crying2: :crying2: :crying2:

:hug: Gilles. Good fight.

lalaland
10-16-2009, 01:01 PM
A little smile from him while walking off the court. I'm glad at least he enjoyed the fight.

turtle-rn
10-16-2009, 01:02 PM
:mad: :sad:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 01:02 PM
awful..................3rd loss:(

Truc
10-16-2009, 01:04 PM
As for me I'm not even disappointed, I found him ten times better than in the other matches he's lost to Nole, even if the scoreline doesn't show it.
He played a great match.

turtle-rn
10-16-2009, 01:04 PM
because I'm a big Nole fan as well
Argh.

angela5
10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Awww.:crying2::crying2::crying2: I'm so proud of him though. He's beautiful:smooch:

By the way, i officially hate Djokovic on court. His gestures irritate me so much.:mad:

whattheheck
10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Gillou played well. Sad that he lost, but not disappointed with how he played.

whattheheck
10-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Awww.:crying2::crying2::crying2: I'm so proud of him though. He's beautiful:smooch:

By the way, i officially hate Djokovic on court. His gestures irritate me so much.:mad:

Especially the chest pumps

ammaly
10-16-2009, 01:06 PM
even if Nole won i'm so glad Gilles Smiled at the end he tried his best
at least he made Nole sweat a lot

and i don't think Nole is better than Gilles at all
NOT AT ALL

leptiric
10-16-2009, 01:09 PM
ah gillou...:awww: couldve one that, but doesnt matter- he did his best!

that was nice of gillou- a smile at the end...see, hes not a lousy loser!! :)
our gillou is perfect even in a loss! :angel:

lalaland
10-16-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm really happy how he played. But I'm still disappointed that he lost. This is the big win that he needs to savage this season. But plenty of tournaments left to do so, I know. Anyway, he's in great form and the knee is doing okay. I think that's the most important thing.

oh, and his eyes so green when the camera was closeup on him while Nole's off the court. He's so gorgeous :D, I can't look away. That's my fangirl moment :o

Scotso
10-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Argh.

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

leptiric
10-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm really happy how he played. But I'm still disappointed that he lost. This is the big win that he needs to savage this season. But plenty of tournaments left to do so, I know. Anyway, he's in great form and the knee is doing okay. I think that's the most important thing.

oh, and his eyes so green when the camera was closeup on him while Nole's off the court. He's so gorgeous :D, I can't look away. That's my fangirl moment :o

usually when he loses im in a bad mood...not today!! i was pleased with his game and i had a lot of fangirl(women) :) moments!! he was looking oooooh god, fiiiiiine today!! :devil:
my boyfriends gonna be a lucky one when he gets home from work :lol:

ammaly
10-16-2009, 01:31 PM
usually when he loses im in a bad mood...not today!! i was pleased with his game and i had a lot of fangirl(women) :) moments!! he was looking oooooh god, fiiiiiine today!! :devil:

LOL guess i know what you mean

rtgy
10-16-2009, 01:36 PM

ohhh WOW................ now that will be a tough one:lol:

rtgy
10-16-2009, 01:37 PM

:lol::hug:

leptiric
10-16-2009, 01:43 PM
ohhh WOW................ now that will be a tough one:lol:

nooooo! thats supposed to be: my boyfriend IS gonna be a lucky one...:lol:
im a good girl (most of the time)...:devil:

i dont know if gillou got some, but he was extremely hot today!:lol::lick:

turtle-rn
10-16-2009, 01:43 PM
I was just learning about our differences; I'll find a way to deal with that, no worries. :p

MsTree
10-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Today at work was awful I just wanted to be with you guys watching the match!
I nearly didn't even do the livescore so I could just watch it when I got home but I couldn't resist. :sad:
Looked like a breakfest from the livescores! Not sure what kind of match I'm sitting down to watch now...

leptiric
10-16-2009, 04:26 PM
gillou played well...he couldve beaten doko! at the end of that second set doko was totally lost! but then gillou couldnt keep his servis games and that was that! :rolleyes:
but non the less, he played good and looked amazing! a couple of smiles here and there and lots of anger and yelling in that first set :devil:

lalaland
10-16-2009, 05:30 PM
I nearly didn't even do the livescore so I could just watch it when I got home but I couldn't resist. :sad:

I didn't set my alarm clock last night, I was hoping I could sleep thru the match so I don't have to watch in agony for 2.5 hr :o. But my internal clock won't let me, I woke up at 3:03 :rolleyes:. Once I was awake, I can't resist not watching.

But it was a good match, despite what the haters said :mad:. I'm loving the fact that the old Gilles is back, his fighting spirit is intact since the summer hardcourt started. That's what I love about Gilles, he can get mad, he can go crazy and wants to kill everybody, but he fights. I can't be disappointed by his effort no matter what the outcome is.

but-it's-ok
10-16-2009, 06:15 PM
I was impressed with his fighting spirit too,he seemed particularly emotional out there,great to see the smiling and snarling:lol: He played well even though he lost.

Allez Gillou:rocker2::hug:

MsTree
10-16-2009, 07:36 PM
He did play well and he's a pleasure to watch :) I'm glad he's enjoying himself on court again :)
If his serve had been on today I think he might've won!

I haven't completely given up hope of seeing him in London but I did check Judio's thread and he's slipped to 12 in the rankings :(

Truc
10-16-2009, 07:41 PM
The FFT website has an audio interview of him for the French speakers:
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=5472

A summary:
"I often give him a hard time - and he often is the winner in the end."

He says he played a good match, he actually has more regrets about the 1st set than about the 3rd set.
It was his first time on the Center Court, which is very slow, it took him too long to adapt to the conditions.
Once he was in the match, there really was a big battle from the baseline.
But Nole recovered all his punch and speed in the 3rd set and deserved to win.
Nole has been in good form lately, so it's always reassuring to give him a hard time. But he had never doubted he was able to do it, he didn't needed to be reassured. He wanted to beat him. It's a big difference.
Maybe he underestimated Nole's ability to adjust. He really had him nicely under control at the end of the 2nd set, Nole had trouble hitting winners against him and was making too many errors.
But Nole was able to "tune his gunsight" out of the blue in the 3rd set and made very few errors from then on. The first games of the 3rd set were deciding, and Nole was the one who gained the upper hand there.

It's important to have short-term goals. He's always said his goal for the rest of the season was to do well in Bercy.
But he also wanted to do well in Shanghai because the court is slow and suits him.
Now he is eager to do something really great in Bercy. The others in the Race are out of reach now, but if he does well in Bercy, maybe he can finish the season in the top 10. "It would make me laugh to finish in the top 10 for the 2nd year in a row".

lalaland
10-16-2009, 08:21 PM
I haven't completely given up hope of seeing him in London but I did check Judio's thread and he's slipped to 12 in the rankings :(

Ranking you need to worry about pts dropping off, so at this point, the Race is more relevant.
Current race points:

7 Verdasco 3070
8 Soderling 2830
9 Davydenko 2810
10 Gonzalez 2780
11 Tsonga 2695
12 Cilic 2205
13 Simon 2105
14 Stepanek 2095
15 Robredo 2040

He is 675 pts behind Gonzalez, so getting back to Top 10 is possible but also very hard. Well, he knows what he needs to do to get there. There's still hope.

P.S.
Ooooops, I didn't think clearly. It's mathematically possible for him to get back to Top 10 after Valencia. And then the TMC 400 pts drop off after Paris. So... Sorry, I'm making it complicated. Anyway, he means to end the year in Top 10, so the race is still more relevant anyway.

MsTree
10-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I remember checking his ranking after Madrid last year and he was 10 - I think Madrid's points are dropped on Monday coming so he was top ten for at least a whole ATP year :D Not bad going considering his knee!

lalaland
10-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I remember checking his ranking after Madrid last year and he was 10 - I think Madrid's points are dropped on Monday coming so he was top ten for at least a whole ATP year :D Not bad going considering his knee!

Oh yes, 52 weeks exactly. Not too bad considering.

Oooops, I cancel my last comment, didn't want to be mean to Tutu, I like him much.:)

tashanv
10-16-2009, 11:01 PM
What an up and down match!!!I wish he could have won this match.And I really wish i could have watched the match :sad: .There not showing this tournament in America.

Did he really slip to number 12 :eek: ?How did that happen?

TennisFan2012
10-17-2009, 01:33 AM
They are showing the tournament on The Tennis Channel in the US. You have to pay extra on a lot of cable/satellite systems to get TTC.

I saw part of the match today and it was amazingly good. Simon is a lot of fun to watch - he is so fast and so smooth.

lalaland
10-17-2009, 01:57 AM

If you guys are interested in watching some more of Gilles' past matches, check out the video thread. Les and Fran and Ivana have been so kind to upload past matches for us to download.

I'm in US and didn't bother to subscribe TTC (yet), I've been watching Gilles' matches on livestream, mostly on fromsport.com and Atdhe.com. Check them out next time when Gilles' match is on.

Did he really slip to number 12 :eek: ?How did that happen?
He made the final last year this time in Madrid and didn't manage to make up enough points to cover all the points that is dropping this week.

Truc
10-17-2009, 07:18 AM
In L'Equipe today:
Il connaît la chanson
Après le Masters et après Dubaï, Gilles Simon a encore perdu un gros combat contre Djokovic.

LA PROCHAINE FOIS qu’il verra écrit « Novak Djokovic » dans sa moitié de tableau, Gilles Simon risque de nous faire une poussée d’urticaire. Pourtant, il est plutôt copain avec le zigue ; ils vont même jusqu’à se prêter des chaussettes, c’est dire. Mais depuis un an, Djokovic a l’air de trouver très spirituel de s’interposer dès que Simon approche d’un grand truc. Sur la route du Français, Djokovic est souvent déguisé en gros panneau stop ! Le Serbe a bloqué Simon en demi-finales du Masters, ici en novembre (7-5 au troisième set), en demi-finales à Dubaï en février (7-5 au troisième set, avec sauvetage de balle de match) et hier soir en quarts de finale (6-3, 2-6, 6-2 en 2 h 23’). Les dommages dépassent de très loin les intérêts. Imaginons un monde sans « Djoko ». C’est de la pure fiction mais Simon aurait joué la finale du Masters, du tournoi de Dubaï et vivrait aujourd’hui sa première demi-finale en Masters 1000. « Novak, il vend sa mère à chaque match contre moi. Il sait qu’il aura des échanges, il sait qu’il y aura du jeu et ce genre de défi l’intéresse au plus haut point. Y a encore deux ou trois mecs qui me sous-estiment sur le circuit ; pas de bol, Novak n’en fait pas partie. Vous avez vu sa joie à la fin ? C’est dingue. Je l’ai vu gagner contre des mecs plus forts que moi et pas en faire autant. » Simon l’aime – « j’adore nos matches et j’aimerais bien un bon vieux cinq sets avec lui » –, Djokovic non plus – « pardon, mais moi y a pas un mec sur le circuit que j’aime jouer ». Est-ce que ça faisait une belle jambe à Simon de s’entendre dire hier qu’il était responsable à moitié du meilleur match de la semaine ? Légèrement sur les bords. Il réfléchissait plutôt à ce qui fait toute la différence entre poser un tas de problèmes à Djokovic et le battre. « Il est encore un peu plus fort que moi, avouait Simon. C’est des petites pétouilles mais c’est important. Je l’avais un peu endormi mais au début du troisième set, il n’a plus rien raté. » Pendant deux heures, Djokovic a demandé à Simon : « Tu les aimes mes contres ? » ; ce à quoi Simon répondit par une autre question : « Et toi les miens, tu les trouves comment ? » L’un craint l’autre parce qu’il n’arrive jamais tout à fait à le dominer. Un contreur n’aime jamais un autre contreur. Il s’en méfie comme de son ombre. C’est un peu ça l’histoire des Djokovic-Simon. Hier, on sentit très bien cela à la charge de nervosité dans l’air, juste en dessous du nuage de pollution de Shanghai. Djokovic ruina une raquette, Simon fut à deux doigts.
On l’appelle « le Chinois »
« D’avoir fracassé ma raquette m’a fait un bien fou au moral. C’était un match tellement intense, tellement tendu qu’il fallait que ça sorte. Quand vous avez Nadal ou Simon en face, ça finit par être pesant de voir revenir toujours une balle de plus. J’étais nerveux parce que je savais combien ça serait dur de gagner chaque point. » Djokovic se fit breaker en tout cinq fois, Simon fit pire, six, en ne sauvant aucun de ses quatre jeux de service du dernier set. On eut ainsi droit entre le dernier jeu du deuxième set et les cinq premiers du troisième à six breaks à toi à moi. « Entre 1 et 10, je me donnerais une note de 1,2 au service aujourd’hui », s’amusait le Serbe. Simon ne se serait sûrement pas non plus donné la moyenne. Depuis trois jours, il sentait son bras mâché. Et il lui manqua hier une bonne dizaine de kilomètres/heure en première balle. « Vrai, mais en même temps ça ne m’a pas tué parce que Novak n’a pas claqué grand-chose de plus. Et puis ce n’est pas comme s’il m’avait cassé la gueule sur mes secondes balles. Ce court est très lent et il avantage surtout les bons retourneurs. » Quand on sait qu’il reste Djokovic, Davydenko et Nadal, on voit très bien ce qu’il veut dire. Le confrère russe venu pêcher deux, trois, conseils anti-Djoko pour Davydenko a également assez bien compris la pirouette de Simon. « Désolé, mais quand Novak me bat, il va au moins en finale. » C’est arrivé au Masters, à Dubaï et à Cincinnati. Personne n’osa en rajouter une louche en apprenant au confrère russe qu’entre nous, on appelait Djokovic « le Chinois » . Vainqueur du Masters à Shanghai, vainqueur à Pékin dimanche dernier, nous avions bon espoir qu’il trouve ça tout seul. Par exemple, Simon n’avait eu besoin de personne pour aborder un sujet qui décidément le travaille en ce moment. « Ça me ferait marrer de finir une deuxième année de suite dans le top 10. Oui, ça a touché mon orgueil d’entendre quelques personnes dire que j’étais un faux top 10 et que j’allais vite redescendre. Avouez que ça serait marrant... »
FRÉDÉRIC BERNÈS

Truc
10-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Bernès' articles are great, but too complicated for me to translate. For example the pun with "Je t'aime moi non plus" ("I love you, nor do I", the song of Gainsbourg), I don't know how you would say that in English. And it's pretty much the theme of the article.

Here's a simplified summary:
Next time he will see "Novak Djokovic" in his part of the draw, it will probably give him an allergy attack. They're quite good friends, actually. But Djokovic seems to find very funny to intervene each time Gilles is about to possibly do something big in a tournament, for one year now. Imagine a world without Novak Djokovic, and Gilles would have played a Masters Cup final, might have won Dubai and would be playing his first Masters 1000 semi-final today.
"Novak is ready to sell his grandmother in our matches. He knows there will be a lot of rallies and he loves this kind of challenge. There still are 2-3 guys on the tour who underestimate me. But unfortunately, Novak isn't one of them. You saw his joy at the end? It's crazy. I've seen him beat guys who are much stronger than me and not react like that." Simon loves him - "I love our matches, I'd love to play a 5-setter against him" -, nor does Djokovic - "Sorry, but there isn't any player on the tour I enjoy to play."
Was Simon at least happy to hear yesterday that he was half-responsible for the best match of the week so far? Not particularly. He was rather thinking about the difference between giving Djoko a hard time and being able to beat him. "He is a bit better than me, he admits. It's a matter of details, but important ones. I had managed to lull him to sleep a little, but he woke up at the beginning of the 3rd set and didn't miss anymore."
Djokovic asked him yesterday during two hours: "How do you find my countergame?" And Gilles was answering: "And mine, what do you think of it?" They fear each other because they never manage to outclass each other. A counterpuncher can't like another counterpuncher. That's the story of Djokovic-Simon. The tension during the match yesterday made it very obvious. Djokovic smashed a racquet, Simon wasn't far from it. "Smashing my racquet did me so good, Nole says. It was such an intense, emotional match. When you have across your net Simon or Nadal, they always get an extra ball back and you have to earn every point. I was quite nervous throughout the whole match, because I knew that I would have to work hard for most of the points."
Djokovic was broken 5 times during the whole match. Gilles was even worse: 6 times. "If I had to rate my serve today from 1 to 10, I would say 1,2", Djoko joked. Gilles would give himself a rate below average too. His arm had been bothering him a bit for 3 days, and he lacked a good 10 km/h on his first serve yesterday. "It's true, but on the other hand it didn't kill me because Novak didn't fire a lot of big serves either. And it's not like he slaughtered me on my second serves. The court is very slow and favours the good return players." One just has to take a look at the SF indeed with Djokovic, Davydenko and Nadal still around.
Gilles cleverly side-stepped the question of a Russian colleague who wanted to have a few tips for Davydenko about how to beat Nole: "Sorry, but when Novak beats me, he always reaches the final." Nobody dared to tell the Russian journalist that we also call Djokovic "The Chinese" here. Winner of the Masters Cup in Shanghai, of Beijing last Sunday - we thought he might find out on his own.
Simon didn't need anybody's help to bring up a topic which definitely is very much on his mind these days: "It would make me laugh to finish the season in the top 10 for the 2nd year in a row. Yes, it hurt my pride to hear some people say that I wasn't a real top 10 and that I was going to go down very fast. Just admit that it would be funny..."

Truc
10-17-2009, 11:04 AM
The transcription of the video posted in the other thread, but it's better with the smiles:
An interview with: GILLES SIMON

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Great game tonight. It must be very frustrating to play someone like Djokovic. You play great shots and he keeps getting them back. He keeps returning these impossible shots?
GILLES SIMON: Yes, he's a very good player, and I know that, so I know that I have to play my best tennis to have a chance to win.
I think that today I was close even if the score is seemed other, but the thing is that I had some problem with my serve, and I really had to fight on every point to you know, each point was really hard to win, and without any points, you know, just easy on my serve. It was complicated to win today.

Q. The third set it seemed like you had lost your energy. Was it because of all the long rallies that you had between?
GILLES SIMON: I don't know. Maybe I seemed tired, but of course I run a lot. But for me, I just think that he played far better in the third set than in the two first ones.
In the second set he was doing some mistakes. In the third set, I don't know how many unforced errors he did, but not too much, I think. I mean, he didn't miss anything, and then it was hard for me, because in the second set I just wanted to make him run, to make him miss some shots, and finally in the third set he was not missing anything, and then I really had to run everywhere on every point just to try to win one. I just think he played better than me in the third.

Q. What are your short term goals right now in terms of getting a higher ranking and win?
GILLES SIMON: Well, I don't know what will be my ranking next week, so still it's different, because the it will be too hard to reach the Masters in London, so try to finish in the 10 best players two years in a row would be nice.

Q. What about the next year?
GILLES SIMON: For next year?
Well, I think I had bad moments on the court during three months this year, so I feel that I'm playing better now since the US and the few tournaments before, so just try to keep that, to enjoy again to play, as today, even if I just lost the match.
I had fun on the court even if I was nervous or so, and, yes, just try to play good match like this but during all the season, not just, you know, two months good, two months bad.

Q. I'm from Russia, and our player, Davydenko, is playing Djokovic tomorrow. So any kind of advice you could give to play against a player like Djokovic? Because they're both defensive players.
GILLES SIMON: The thing is every time Novak defeating me, then he won the tournament. (laughter.)
No, I'm wrong. He lost the final in Cincinnati. But anyway, in Doha in Dubai I lost 7 5 in the third and he won. The semifinals here last year during the Masters Cup, I lost and he won, so we'll see.
http://www.shanghaimasters1000.com/news/en/2009-10-17/112.shtml

Truc
10-17-2009, 11:05 AM
And the parts about Gilles in Novak's interview:
http://www.shanghaimasters1000.com/news/en/2009-10-17/113.shtml

(...) You know, Gilles is one of the trickiest players on the tour, because he always gets an extra ball back and you have to earn every point.
You know, he might look, you know, a bit strange the way he moves and plays, but he's not an easy opponent at all. His quality proves everything in last year and a half.
I was well aware of the match that we will have and we had in the past. We basically every match we had in last year and a half was like this. I keep on winning and keep on playing those good shots in important moments, and I think that's what matters.

Q. Simon said earlier that every time you beat him in a tournament you go on and win the championships. What's your assessment for this championship after winning the China Open?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I hope he's right every time. (laughter.) Yeah, we have a good relationship. He's a great guy, very funny guy. You know, I don't know if he told you about the socks. I mean, I borrowed him socks a couple of days ago.
So, yeah, I mean, look, we always have long matches, interesting matches for the crowd, and I think that's what the people want. They want to see long rallies, long matches.
They want to see somebody breaking the racquet like I did today and just screaming all over the place and making a fool of myself, but I guess this is sport.

Q. Do you enjoy playing guys like Gilles? And if yes, are there other players which you particularly enjoy matching up with? Because it seems as though you're nervous, but seems as though you're really having a good time out there.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The only enjoyment I have is when I'm up a match point and I see the guy cannot reach my ball when I win. That's the only enjoyment I have.
I don't play enjoy playing anybody, because I got to put an effort in every match, and everybody's playing tennis today, you know. You know, in order to stay at the level I am right now, I will have to beat all these guys. I do enjoy playing tennis, but I don't enjoy playing my opponents.

Q. But what I meant was the style of his game. Do you find that it is a fun style to match up against?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No.

Q. So you don't enjoy playing tennis?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No. I told you I enjoy playing tennis, but I don't enjoy playing anybody on the tour, and especially Gilles who gets always balls back and wins some impossible points.

Jess22
10-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks Fran :worship: Really interesting glad Gillou enjoyed playing the match nice to see :)

leptiric
10-17-2009, 03:46 PM
did gillou run out of socks?!?:lol:

ill borrow you some gillou :)

thanks fran, no more point in saying youre a darling but still...:hug:

ammaly
10-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Why did nole have to borrow gillou socks ??

whattheheck
10-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Well, they have same sponsor anyway.

tashanv
10-17-2009, 11:50 PM
They are showing the tournament on The Tennis Channel in the US. You have to pay extra on a lot of cable/satellite systems to get TTC.

I saw part of the match today and it was amazingly good. Simon is a lot of fun to watch - he is so fast and so smooth.

I know he's the best to watch!I saw him live for the first time in Cincinnati about wow i think it was four years ago :eek: .Anyway he was playing Haas and he was so cute the whole time he was getting so upset with his self he was like allez Simon allez.ahhh he's so cute :inlove:.........

tashanv
10-17-2009, 11:52 PM

If you guys are interested in watching some more of Gilles' past matches, check out the video thread. Les and Fran and Ivana have been so kind to upload past matches for us to download.

I'm in US and didn't bother to subscribe TTC (yet), I've been watching Gilles' matches on livestream, mostly on fromsport.com and Atdhe.com. Check them out next time when Gilles' match is on.

He made the final last year this time in Madrid and didn't manage to make up enough points to cover all the points that is dropping this week.

Thank you so much for all the info :hug:.And I love your avatar :hearts:.

turtle-rn
10-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Well done Kolya!! :D