2009 Fall Hardcourt Thread [Archive] - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

2009 Fall Hardcourt Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

MsTree
09-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I seem to remember that the first doc told him that exercise was good for it, although not neccessarily tennis! That was maybe as far back as the grass season, Fran posted the translation but I can't seem to find it :)
Maybe I'm just making it up :angel:

whattheheck
09-07-2009, 12:18 PM
I seem to remember that the first doc told him that exercise was good for it, although not neccessarily tennis! That was maybe as far back as the grass season, Fran posted the translation but I can't seem to find it :)
Maybe I'm just making it up :angel:

Maybe he should try yoga. Is that considered exercise? :wavey:

Truc
09-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Yes, he said during the Queens event that the doc (it's the same one, Montalvan, the FFT doc) had told him that exercise was good for his knee. I don't remember him saying that tennis was not so good for it back then, he was saying that to explain why he was still playing although his movement was obviously hampered (he said he was just following the doctor's advice, which isn't completely true).

Truc
09-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Here's the article:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8709408&postcount=182

Hannah4eva
09-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Why is it all the worng players seem to get injured :awww:

I guess what he needs most of all is rest and light excercise to make the knee better because its obvious that tennis isn't helping, I mean he struggles to get past third rounds :sad: (but hey i'm no expert)

I hope all the medicals go fine and he gets better :)

MsTree
09-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks Fran! So was he lying then or now? :devil: Or has the Doc changed his mind about what's good for him? If bike riding is the only thing that will help, well, we all know how he feels about that particular exercise!!!
Ah the enigma that is Gillou ;)

Jess22
09-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Gillou :hug: So stubborn though :rolleyes:
Hope the medicals go okay and he gets to play at least a bit in the last bit of the season

MsTree
09-07-2009, 04:29 PM
10 Simon will drop out of Top 10 if Soderling or Gonzalez reach the Semi Final. Monfils will need to reach the final to overtake Simon

:(

leptiric
09-07-2009, 07:22 PM
dropping ranking is a normal thing for someone whos been dealing with an injury, just as long as hes healthy- dont care if hes 9.,10. or the 100. player of the world!

Eimear O'Mahony
09-07-2009, 07:40 PM
just as long as hes healthy- dont care if hes 9.,10. or the 100. player of the world!

Well said :worship: You're totally right. What's important is that Gillou is healthy and happy. I don't care about his tennis as long as he gets himself fit and well again. His ranking will take care of itself once the injury is sorted

Scotso
09-08-2009, 05:23 AM
I don't think he'd be happy if he was 100 in the world.

Scotso
09-08-2009, 05:24 AM
:(

I don't see Soderling beating Federer and I think Nadal will probably make the SF in his section, so you shouldn't get too worried. It's inevitable that he'll fall out of the top 10, though.

MsTree
09-08-2009, 07:34 AM
It's a pity seeing as he worked so hard to get there in the first place!

leptiric
09-08-2009, 10:05 AM
It's a pity seeing as he worked so hard to get there in the first place!

thats true!! but maybe he will get fired up when he comes back and take over federer :lol:

Truc
09-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Forget says in L'Equipe Gilles told him that he's feeling better, that's why he's on the DC team announced yesterday.
But it will depend on what Montalvan says, he can still be replaced by Bennet.

turtle-rn
09-08-2009, 11:05 AM
If I were in Forget's shoes, I would already have Benny in stead of Llodra. niark.

Frankie
09-08-2009, 12:30 PM
:eek: I can't believe he's even considering playing DC! How can he think he's better?! - I doubt he's tested it out with a 5-set match between Sunday and now! :lol: It's going to take a looooong time. I totally admire how he desperately wants to play (and win!) for the team, but just imagine how awful it'd be if he played and either played badly and lost through injury or had to retire (and even worse if this contributed to a loss for France)- he would feel absolutely devastated and then both his knee and his self-esteem would be in tatters......:sad:

Please get some rest Gillou and get well soon! :hug:

Frankie
09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
dropping ranking is a normal thing for someone whos been dealing with an injury, just as long as hes healthy- dont care if hes 9.,10. or the 100. player of the world!

By my very-warped calculations even if he didn't play for the rest of the season (which is a big 'if' knowing his determination to play :D ) he would probably only drop to somewhere around 16-20 (I'm basing this on the fact he was ranked c.17 at last year's USO - probably totally wrong logic!) And the way I see it is if he had 0 points from the last few tournaments in the year, he'd be perfectly placed to make a giant leap towards London 2010, even if the new super-fit well-rested Gillou hadn't already reached no 1 by then by winning all the grand slams! :cool: ;)

leptiric
09-08-2009, 07:32 PM
he really is bonkers! why wont that man just rest?!?! :smash:

well hes obviously decided to play further so he will probably stay in the top 20 but i dont think he can hold to the top 10 with an injury! hes been slipping last couple of months so i dont see that changing!
i dont think he'll be #100. :lol:
i just meant that it doesnt matter what his ranking is when hes injured...he should think more about his injury and less about what his ranking is!

Cloudygirl
09-08-2009, 07:39 PM
By my very-warped calculations even if he didn't play for the rest of the season (which is a big 'if' knowing his determination to play :D ) he would probably only drop to somewhere around 16-20 (I'm basing this on the fact he was ranked c.17 at last year's USO - probably totally wrong logic!) And the way I see it is if he had 0 points from the last few tournaments in the year, he'd be perfectly placed to make a giant leap towards London 2010, even if the new super-fit well-rested Gillou hadn't already reached no 1 by then by winning all the grand slams! :cool: ;)

He is 16 in the race at the moment so he will drop quite a bit if he doesn't play for the rest of the year.

Frankie
09-08-2009, 08:21 PM
He is 16 in the race at the moment so he will drop quite a bit if he doesn't play for the rest of the year.

Oh of course, I knew my logic was wrong! :lol: (I forgot about the race, I was thinking he was 9th for the year atm, oops!) Well whatever, there's really nothing he can do - he's much more likely to be able to get his ranking back if he's fully fit (obviously!) but we all know he has a mind of his own! ;)

lalaland
09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Fed is so shaky these days, but he can't lose to Soderling though, can he? hope not.
Hopefully Jo will help Gilles by keeping Gonzo away.
If Gael gets to the final, I'm sure Gilles doesn't mind losing the ranking to him :).

It's still hopeful that he will maintain top 10 after USO. He's going to drop out of top 10 in Oct if not sooner, but he probably rather that later than sooner. Since he told Forget he is better, he's obviously determined to play on regardless of the knee, so might as well hope that he can keep his momentum going. I take that it means there is no threat for further damage if he keeps playing, he is nuts but he's not stupid. As for DC, I know it's probably frustrating for French fans that Forget would keep Gilles on the team despite his injury. But he has 10 days to recover before the competition so he probably will be fine by then. I actually don't really want him to play but I'm glad though that he's on the team anyway. I think he would be very unhappy if he got left out of the team bcos of the knee, more reasons for him to get fed up with the knee. I trust that Gilles will not jeopardize the team's prospect if he thinks he isn't fit enough to get on court when game time comes.

Muzza lost :eek:, what's up with that?

Jess22
09-08-2009, 10:46 PM
I think if he manages to stay in top 20 by end of the year that will be a good result considering his injury, then can press on from that next year hopefully a better year :D

Muzza was awful hard to tell what was really wrong but he said he just had no energy, he also had a scan on his wrist something wrong with it but Cilic played well anyways

lalaland
09-08-2009, 10:54 PM
...he should think more about his injury and less about what his ranking is!

He should, but we don't know that he is thinking about his ranking if at all, he haven't talk about if he's concern at all. Seems that he just doesn't want to give in to the injury, as if he thinks that he is super human and can overcome physical conditions or sth :p. Ok, that's just my thought ;).

lalaland
09-08-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't want to say that but even Muzza never seem to lose his cool in tournaments, I wonder if the pressure gets to him at slams. He's really the biggest favorite in 3 slams this year despite the fact that he hasn't win one yet. Nole was so flat in RG when he's #2 favorite and I think he just a bit suffocated by the pressure to perform. Watching Muzza just now, I got the same feeling. Unfortunately, when you are the top 2 favorites in the slam, you aren't suppose to have a flat day.

Scotso
09-09-2009, 05:30 AM
I can't wait for Nole vs. Fer tomorrow. Two of my favorite players who both have very entertaining games. It has the potential to be a really good match to watch.

MsTree
09-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Cilic deserved to beat Andy, he was by far the better player on the day. :sad:

Truc
09-09-2009, 12:33 PM
I take that it means there is no threat for further damage if he keeps playing, he is nuts but he's not stupid.He hadn't seen any doc yet when he talked with Forget.
The training for the DC tie will start on Saturday in Paris, so we should have more news by then.

leptiric
09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
He hadn't seen any doc yet when he talked with Forget.
The training for the DC tie will start on Saturday in Paris, so we should have more news by then.

:lol: youve just got to love this man!! :)
he didnt even see a doctor and he already wants to play...:smash:
thats what i call determination! i wish i had it while studying...

Naina
09-09-2009, 03:40 PM
I can't wait for Nole vs. Fer tomorrow. Two of my favorite players who both have very entertaining games. It has the potential to be a really good match to watch.

Me toooo:D I am firmly in Fer's corner though:)

Gilles I know you seem to love DC in almost a nalbandianesque(:p) way but plz if you shouldn't be playing it DON'T:rolleyes:. Pretty sure Jo and Gael can take care of the Netherlands:angel:
You can play next time;)

Hannah4eva
09-09-2009, 05:14 PM
This guy is just :smash:

But to be truthful you have to admire his determination, I just don't know if his determination is refreshing or a bit worrying :awww: Just hope he makes teh right decision for himself with a cool head :cool: And about rankings ofcourse it hurts when you drop rankings theres no doubt he will be upset, but he should take that upset as a motivator :)

Murray lost! :eek: Honestly I had to pinch myself coz I thought I was dreaming :eek:

lalaland
09-09-2009, 07:16 PM
He hadn't seen any doc yet when he talked with Forget.

:lol:
he's idiotic, in a adorable/admirable kind of way. ;)
Oh well, we know where his priority lies.

I can't wait for Nole's match, I stay home today so I can watch it on TV :o. But I get a feeling that this woman's match is going to take long, they are both going to choke when leading :p. Thank goodness there's 3rd set TB.

Frankie
09-09-2009, 08:06 PM
:lol: youve just got to love this man!! :)
he didnt even see a doctor and he already wants to play...:smash:

He probably wouldn't listen to the Doctor anyway! The Doctor will probably have to physically restrain him from playing tennis, and then Gilles would insist on beating the Netherlands in a bike race instead! :lol:

Truc
09-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Phew, he is out. I was really starting to wonder about his moral conscience.
And the injury is not as serious as it seemed, he needs to rest the knee only 2 weeks, then 1 week training and he plans on being back for the Asian tournaments.

The audio interview of Forget, but he doesn't say anything else, only that the medical tests were "reassuring":
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=5312

leptiric
09-10-2009, 01:31 PM
:bounce: thats nice to hear!!

couldve been worse, but it still seems so long...3 weeks without gillou... :rolleyes:

MsTree
09-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Rest up Gillou :hug: Thanks Fran! :)

Scotso
09-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Marin fell apart. :sad:

turtle-rn
09-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Marin fell apart. :sad:
:hug: It's still a great tournament from him.

On the USO.org scoreboard, in the last game but one, Delpo went from 40/30 up to 15/30 down! :confused: :lol:

Scotso
09-11-2009, 06:01 AM
One player is always well-rested in the U.S. Open final, and the other is always not. Federer is always fresh, of course.

I also remember when Roddick beat Ferrero... that was such a joke. Roddick has friendly scheduling to thank for his sole slam title.

The point: they need to re-think their idiotic scheduling practices. This staggered system starting with a 3-day first round is quite stupid.

lalaland
09-11-2009, 08:55 AM
I also remember when Roddick beat Ferrero... that was such a joke. Roddick has friendly scheduling to thank for his sole slam title.

I'm still bitter about that after all these years :o. JC played his R4-Final in 4 consecutive days, while Roddick played the 4 matches in 7 days.

When the schedule came out at the beginning, I thought Rafa is screwed to have to play on Day 3. Now he really is screwed, 4 consecutive days of playing at the end of the tourney if he makes it to the final, 7 matches in 12 days, plus a stomach injury. If he asked to play on Day 3 (which I highly doubted), then he's an idiot and has himself to blame. Good luck Rafa, and more importantly, please win tomorrow. Vamos.

Scotso
09-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm still bitter about that after all these years :o

You're not the only one.

turtle-rn
09-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Dang! it's still raining in NY ?!! :(

Go Wickmayer! you can make it!

MsTree
09-12-2009, 09:45 PM
We've just had a rerun of Agassi-Blake QF from 2005, great stuff! :D

Naina
09-12-2009, 11:04 PM
^^ I had to endure Agassi federer 05:o. hated it because it was a completely unscheduled and unnecessary dose of Fed :fiery:
I wanted to watch Serena/ Clijsters but I am about to fall flat on my face with exhaustion so me is off to bed. :wavey:
hoping for an all belgian ladies final :D

turtle-rn
09-12-2009, 11:16 PM
hoping for an all belgian ladies final :D
Me too. and Yanina winning it! :D

lalaland
09-13-2009, 01:54 AM
Already watched 2 movies while waiting for the rain to stop. Is there gonna be tennis match today? Got none so far unless you call Rafa/Gonzo's session a match :o :p. Sucks that there's no tennis to watch on Super Saturday, sucks that Final will be played on a weekday, I can't decide if I want to watch it on a blurry stream live or a delay taping :mad:. Sucks! Really!

lalaland
09-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Kimmy is in the Final :bounce:.

Too bad it has to end that way, spoiled the joy of the winner, cos I think Kimmy was playing so well she would win it anyway. I hope if she wins this Open, ppl will not just credit that to Serena's default. She's playing much better than Serena in this match. Go Kimmy.

Scotso
09-13-2009, 04:37 AM
That was the most exciting thing that's happened at the U.S. Open so far. :lol: I was glued to my seat.

I really wish there was a recording of what she said, and a better viewing angle for the foot fault.

Klein was banned for six months for using a racially charged word, but I'm absolutely positive nothing like that will happen to Serena.

:haha: @ the bitchy woman sticking her hand in front of the CBS cameras. Who does she think she is?!

lalaland
09-13-2009, 04:59 AM
That was the most exciting thing that's happened at the U.S. Open so far. :lol: I was glued to my seat.

:lol: I must admit, it was the most interesting moment of this USO on the women side. But still, it spoiled Kimmy's fun.

I really wish there was a recording of what she said, and a better viewing angle for the foot fault.

Oh, can't you read lips? :p well, there's a transcript in one of those threads in GM, some f-bombs and all. I think the fact that she waved her racket at that lineswoman is kind of scary. If I was that woman, I would be scared that she would whack me with the racket, Serena is a strong woman, you know.

Scotso
09-13-2009, 05:47 AM
So they played what she said, and you can hear some of it.

"I swear to God I'll fucking take this ball and shove it down your fucking throat! Do you hear me? I swear to God. You better be glad--you better be fucking glad that I'm not, I swear."

:speakles:

MsTree
09-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Oh wow!!! I recorded it, think I'll just zip straight to the end now for the real action :lol:

MsTree
09-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Erm - Is todays OOP right? Nadal-Del Potro's SF is scheduled first! :eek:

Naina
09-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Erm - Is todays OOP right? Nadal-Del Potro's SF is scheduled first! :eek:

Yup because Rafa asked to play early and CBS want to show Djoko-fed in the original final slot in the US. Both first semi and ladies final has been shoved over to ESPN 2. All this info from the filth infested:o threads of GM. Good for Rafa:angel:.
Vamos :bounce:

MsTree
09-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Thank you for braving GM for me! I subscribe to the Rankings and Torrents threads but that's the only time I ever go there now. Too many gloryhunting Fedtards and idiots for me, not good for my blood pressure :lol:

But well done Rafa for getting them to shift his match! I don't know who I'm cheering for in that one, I like Delpo but Rafa may have the better chance of beating Fed in the final. I'll be cheering Nole in the other SF but I don't hold out much hope :(

turtle-rn
09-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Wozzy's outfit is Bethanie Mattek caliber; Kim looks more than ever like the Michelin Bibendum guy.
I'm so gonna watch this final. :drool:

MsTree
09-13-2009, 02:42 PM
And come on Heather Watson in the Junior Girls Final! :woohoo:
Can't think of any other players from Guernsey! Good for her to make it this far :D

Super Sunday :dance:

Scotso
09-13-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm glad Rafa players first.

Wozzy's outfit is Bethanie Mattek caliber

It's a hand-me-down. Maria Kirilenko was wearing that years ago.

turtle-rn
09-13-2009, 05:08 PM
It's a hand-me-down. Maria Kirilenko was wearing that years ago.
Yes, she got Kirilenko's Stella McCartney for Adidas contract. Maria should be glad, she's back to looking human now. :p

MsTree
09-13-2009, 06:39 PM
:woohoo: Heather Watson! :dance: :aparty: :D Junior Girls Champion! :D

Delpo isn't letting Rafa into the match (so far anyway) :)

lalaland
09-13-2009, 07:40 PM
:eek::eek::eek: what a beating. Oh well, Rafa, come back strong next time.

Great job DelPo. :worship: please play as well as this tomorrow against Fed and not be so good if you play Nole ;).

I do like DelPo a lot, he's a giant big kid.

Naina
09-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Delpo won :sad: But deservedly I guess :D Better luck next time RAF :hug:

MsTree
09-13-2009, 07:42 PM
:eek: OMG Delpo! That was a bit of a demolition job! :eek:

Hope Rafa's back to full fitness soon! He didn't have anything to fight with today.

Delpo for the Championship! :D

turtle-rn
09-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Rafa's first serves were most of the time as slow as MTF servers right now. He was far from his usual self. :sad:

Please Nole, take down the ego king now.

MsTree
09-13-2009, 09:04 PM
OK I've got a strategy.
Plan A - Cheer for Nole. Hope he wins easily taking the piss out of Fed at every opportunity. :D
Plan B - If Fed wins hope that Nole takes him to five tiebreak sets and they're playing till stupid o'clock :)
If all else fails do a rain dance :dance:

anaquot
09-13-2009, 09:36 PM
From Tennis Channel website
"I'm sorry,'' del Potro told the crowd in his on-court interview. "But tomorrow, I'll fight until the final point for you, for everyone, to show good tennis.'' Nole or Roger, I'm cheering for Juan Martin :hug:

MsTree
09-13-2009, 10:10 PM
His on court interview was sweet! The whole crowd laughed when he apologised for spoiling their Fed-Rafa final :lol:
Let's hope Nole's equally good at spoiling! :devil:

MsTree
09-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Norm Chryst is a sad excuse for a human being nevermind an umpire! He makes mistakes at least once a match if not once a set :o Why does he keep getting work? :mad:

anaquot
09-13-2009, 11:05 PM
He's no MO!!

You should make a sign, go to the matches he umps and wave "You're No MO!" :lol:

MsTree
09-13-2009, 11:16 PM
If I'm unfortunate enough to have him on the 2 days I'm at the WTFs (name still makes me laugh ;)) in November I'll have a giant sign ready :devil: Alternatively I can shout quite loudly if I need to! :lol:

lalaland
09-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Considering the 0-6 H2H, I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath. Eventhough DelPo is bound to get a win off Fed someday, can I expect him to do it at the biggest moment of his career? Vamos DP, vamos.

lalaland
09-14-2009, 01:00 AM
So summer hardcourt season is over. Do we need a new thread?

Gilles' playing Bangkok next and then Toyko and Shanghai. Toyko is an outdoor event, isn't it?

turtle-rn
09-14-2009, 01:17 AM
Hey Autumn! :wavey: Glad to see you back.

Nole! :(

turtle-rn
09-14-2009, 01:22 AM
So summer hardcourt season is over. Do we need a new thread?

Gilles' playing Bangkok next and then Toyko and Shanghai. Toyko is an outdoor event, isn't it?
Yes Tokyo is an outdoor event and to me, that one and Bangkok are still part of the summer outdoor hardcourt season. But you may start an "Asian tourneys" thread if you feel that more appropriate.

turtle-rn
09-14-2009, 04:10 AM
That was quite an ugly match throughout most of the first set. Good thing Kim found her brain in the second. Well done to her.

lalaland
09-14-2009, 04:56 AM
Yes Tokyo is an outdoor event and to me, that one and Bangkok are still part of the summer outdoor hardcourt season

Maybe we stay with this one then, fewer thread is tidier.

Kim :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

Naina
09-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Wow. Well Done Kimmy :bounce:

turtle-rn
09-14-2009, 06:26 PM
OK I've got a strategy.
Plan A - Cheer for Nole. Hope he wins easily taking the piss out of Fed at every opportunity. :D
Plan B - If Fed wins hope that Nole takes him to five tiebreak sets and they're playing till stupid o'clock :)
If all else fails do a rain dance :dance:
I've just checked the weather forecast over NY. Dance harder Les. :devil:

MsTree
09-14-2009, 07:09 PM
No I was doing the rain dance last night but I didn't dance hard enough :( Poor Nole, he was playing quite well too! :sad:
Come on Juan Martin!!!

Naina
09-14-2009, 07:38 PM
If Roger wins I am not going to watch television for a week atleast:o. Everyone on tv is a fedtard :fiery:

MsTree
09-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Aw! There's Champions League footie on this week too :lol: But I know exactly what you mean!

Hannah4eva
09-14-2009, 09:37 PM
If federer wins the us open i'm going to :banghead: Honestly what is wrong with nole nowadays he can't seem to get the better of federer :rolleyes: And Del Potro, he should atleast thrash federer after doing a demolition job of Nadal, but really I think Rafa didn't play his best tennis because his return was bad and his serves were way too slow :eek:

Anyway i'm cheering Del Potro....I guess its time for change ;) Since Change has come to America :lol:

lalaland
09-14-2009, 10:11 PM
DelPo, already down a serve first game of set 2 :rolleyes:. Is there any hope?

Don't get me started with Nole. I hate his attitude on court yesterday. What's the deal with that giving a target to Fed on the net point? After playing some pretty outstanding reflex volleys exchange at the net, and he just gave that away? I know Fed is there to hit a winner anyway, but I'm seriously disappointed that at the pressure moment, he has that mind frame of being a clown. Where's the intensity when you need it? Okay, I think some thinks is great that he's having fun, but I just don't buy it, it's a bit force these days when he clowns around just to make it look like he's having fun. I'm still a big fan, and I long to see his old cocky self with that I'm here to win attitude. End of my Nole's rant.

MsTree
09-14-2009, 10:44 PM
There is always hope :D

lalaland
09-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Woohoo! DelPo, get a set. :worship:

Keep the hope coming. :banana:

turtle-rn
09-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Yesss!! :D

MsTree
09-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm always hopeful :D

Come on Juan! :dance:

MsTree
09-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Oooo Fed you bitch! swearing at the umpire :lol:

lalaland
09-14-2009, 11:51 PM
2 DF to give away the set :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This is not happening. :mad:

turtle-rn
09-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Yes! consolidated this time! :D

turtle-rn
09-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Noes!! :mad:

And it's raining here!! >_< Stupid clouds. :sobbing:

MsTree
09-15-2009, 12:36 AM
come On Juan!!!!!

turtle-rn
09-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Yess!! :worship: 2 sets all! TY fed for the double fault! :devil:

turtle-rn
09-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Not TY for the black socks tho. A real pain to the eyes. >_<

MsTree
09-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Cmon Delpo! Make him cry! :devil:

turtle-rn
09-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Federer's challenge! :lol:

lalaland
09-15-2009, 01:26 AM
OMG OMG OMG, DP, you are my hero.:worship::worship::worship: and new USO Champ!:D

turtle-rn
:yippee: :yippee: :worship:

MsTree
Fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delpo! :inlove:

Now make him take the stupid jacket out of his manbag and rip it up in front of the arrogant twat :devil:

turtle-rn
09-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Bearing four hours of Federer's sore and contemptuous attitude is a feat in itself. :o

MsTree
09-15-2009, 01:30 AM
He's crying already! :lol:

lalaland
09-15-2009, 01:34 AM
Fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delpo! :inlove:

Now make him take the stupid jacket out of his manbag and rip it up in front of the arrogant twat :devil:

:rolls:

anaquot
09-15-2009, 03:38 AM
:rolls: :worship: sweet jesus you're too funny :rolls:

Hannah4eva
09-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Del Potro won!!!!! I wasn't expecting that...change has definitely come to America :lol: I never watched the final coz I wasn't expecting del potro to win and watching fed win was too depressing, anyway did fed cry??? ;)

Scotso
09-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Bearing four hours of Federer's sore and contemptuous attitude is a feat in itself. :o

Ferreals. It was painful. The sense of entitlement from him is evident in everything he does. :o

Delpo :yeah:

MsTree
09-26-2009, 12:47 PM
At last the draw for Bangkok is up :)

http://www.thailandopen.org/upload/draws_pdf/singles_PDF.pdf

Schuettler or Kim in R2, then perhaps Fabrice :)

Jess22
09-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks Les, the draw doesn't look too bad :yeah: Just hope the knee is ok :)

Gilles is also playing doubles there with Safin, they'll face No.4 seeds Coetzee & De Voest in the first round

turtle-rn
09-26-2009, 04:24 PM
o_O The ballgirls have their own profile page on the tournament website. Ain't that sweet? :D

Ome
09-26-2009, 05:13 PM
o_O The ballgirls have their own profile page on the tournament website. Ain't that sweet? :D

Seriously??!!!??!! Only in Thailand :o

Just watched the news. Gilles, Jo and Srichaphan were teaching some tennis to the Thai juniors. That was really nice of Gilles since he's JUST arrived! Gilles teamed up with one of the Thai twins to play doubles. They lost to Jo and Srichaphan. And the Frenchies also put on a little show for the fans. Gilles lost that one, too :lol: The score was 8-6.

Here's a little clip of the news: http://news.mcot.net/sport/inside.php?value=bmlkPTM2NzAyJm50eXBlPWNsaXA=

MsTree
09-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh that's really sweet when he's shaking all the kids hands at the net! :hearts:
Thanks for posting it Ome! :D

Naina
09-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks Les, the draw doesn't look too bad :yeah: Just hope the knee is ok :)

Gilles is also playing doubles there with Safin, they'll face No.4 seeds Coetzee & De Voest in the first round

I would give my left lung to see that :drool:
That is simply too much hotness for one side of the court :hearts:

Good draw BTW :D

turtle-rn
09-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Oh that's really sweet when he's shaking all the kids hands at the net! :hearts:
Especially when he awkwardly returned a Wai to the young kid. :hearts: :tape: :lol:

Thanks Ome! ^^

lalaland
09-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks Ome, for the video.
I think I just discovered a conspiracy. In the video at 4:47, Udomchoke was drawn 2 spots under Jo, but he's on the other side on the posted draw :ignore:

Especially when he awkwardly returned a Wai to the young kid. :hearts: :tape: :lol:

I missed that and have to go back to watch it to see. Haha, that's really awkward. :lol:

MsTree
09-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Gosh you're right! Well spotted! :eek:

MsTree
09-27-2009, 07:16 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/1720/op.pdf

Gillou and Marat are the star attraction in the night session tomorrow :)
I would LOVE to see that match!

but-it's-ok
09-27-2009, 07:52 PM

So would I Les:rocker:

Best of luck boys:rocker2:

rtgy
09-28-2009, 08:32 AM

:lol: that will be fun to watch:p

ALLEZ GILLOU!!! :rocker:

Eimear O'Mahony
09-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm confused. I'm looking at the link Les and I can only see Marat playing singles? I would LOVE to see Gillou and Marat ... any live streams available?

Jess22
09-28-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm confused. I'm looking at the link Les and I can only see Marat playing singles? I would LOVE to see Gillou and Marat ... any live streams available?

ATP changed the OOP already, that's for Tuesday, I think they are on after Isner match which is just about to finish it's at 5-4 in the 3rd. Only live stream I can find is http://www.fromsport.com/video-84303.html not the best quality, not sure if they'll show the doubles hope so though :)

Edit: Not showing it channels gone off

Elena.
09-28-2009, 03:40 PM
http://www.atdhe.net/7929/watch-atp-bangkok-isner-vs-wachiramanowong here

Edit:Nah,it stopped !

but-it's-ok
09-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Gilles and Marat won their 1st round doubles:rocker: They defeated Jeff Coetzee/Rik De Voest 6-4 6-7(3)10-4 CTB

:bigclap::woohoo:

leptiric
09-28-2009, 05:59 PM
thats great!! :)
wish i couldve watched that... :rolleyes:
actually i just really wanna see him play any doubles match...but this with safin...daaaaamn :devil:

rtgy
09-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Gilles and Marat won their 1st round doubles:rocker: They defeated Jeff Coetzee/Rik De Voest 6-4 6-7(3)10-4 CTB

:bigclap::woohoo:

yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :yippee::woohoo::bowdown: :lol:

ALLEZ GILLOU!!!:rocker2:

Toppu
09-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi girls..
I just came back home from that match. So tired
They are just lovely. Most of the crowd cheered for them.
I would say they are the most handsome double pair in tennis history.
My pix will be posted soon in da pix thread. I need to go to bed now
and be ready for Thailand Open day 2.

lalaland
09-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Gilles and Marat won their 1st round doubles
:eek:
:worship::worship::worship:
I hope Gilles planned this this time :p.

Jess22
09-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi girls..

:woohoo: A win in doubles :eek: Can't wait to see your pics :) Looks like there'll be more livestreams from Wednesday so hopefully they'll be one for their next match

rtgy
09-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi girls.....

.................(and boys:lol:)

you're the best:hug: thanx a lot:D

MsTree
09-28-2009, 07:34 PM
It's all good! I was watching the livescore at work and I admit to being worried when they lost the second set TB so easily, then I had to leave my desk for a few minutes and when I came back they had 5 matchpoints! :D
Can't wait for the pics Toppu! :)

Scotso
09-29-2009, 07:44 AM
I don't approve.

Naina
09-29-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't approve.

Of what exactly?:confused:
:p

turtle-rn
09-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Of this pairing apparently. :p

I think I just discovered a conspiracy. In the video at 4:47, Udomchoke was drawn 2 spots under Jo, but he's on the other side on the posted draw :ignore:
Can't believe they can get away with this with all the people that were attending the draw ceremony, the footage and the pictures. I guess there's an explanation but I can't think of any.

Gilles is still not playing tomorrow. :(

leptiric
09-29-2009, 09:26 PM
youre kidding?? WTF?? when is he gonna play? dont they know we havent seen him in 3 weeks :fiery::armed:

Scotso
09-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Of this pairing apparently. :p

Yes.

angela5
09-30-2009, 01:33 PM

After the horribly long wait, we'll finally get to see Gilles play!!
First match of the day against Kim on centre court :) Then doubles with Marat.. :lol:
double dose of Gillou :drool:

whattheheck
09-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Hoping Gilles will stick around till the finals.

Naina
09-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Goodluck Gillou :bounce:
i love the timings of the asian tournaments :D

MsTree
09-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Well at least I'll get to see the start of his match! :D :D :D If there's a livestream of course!

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:07 AM
Gilles is on court.

Stream : http://www.fromsport.com/video-84303.html

Allez Gillou!! :(

lalaland
10-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Allez!

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:09 AM
First point, first winner! Good start so far. haha

MsTree
10-01-2009, 06:09 AM
Allez Gilles!

Looking good :hearts: :)

lalaland
10-01-2009, 06:20 AM
Mama Simon is there, nice to see her.

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:23 AM
Wtf?? why does Kim got a first serve after a late net call on his second serve? :confused:

lalaland
10-01-2009, 06:25 AM
I think it was the ball that came from the other courts that caused the net. I didn't see the first 1 but the 2nd time the ball was clearly there.

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Ah thanks. I didn't even see there were other courts around. Most of the calls are quite late though, as if the linemen were still sleepy. lol

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:34 AM
Third break poin; allez take this one! :(

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Yes!! *4-2!

lalaland
10-01-2009, 06:36 AM
The streaming is steady and clean but the feed is terrible, so many black screens often at the end of a nice long rally :mad:.

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:38 AM
Consolidated! 5-2! Hopefully Kim's moral will go down like MTF's servers! lol

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:41 AM
The streaming is steady and clean but the feed is terrible, so many black screens often at the end of a nice long rally :mad:.
Same here! :( I have to count the shots in my head to know who's the last hitting the ball when a fault is announced during a black screen! >_<

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:41 AM
Yesss! Superb crosscourt BH pass! 6-2!

MsTree
10-01-2009, 06:43 AM
I thought it was just me with the black screens!

I like this Gillou! Worth getting up at 6am for :)

lalaland
10-01-2009, 06:44 AM
Same here! :( I have to count the shots in my head to know who's the last hitting the ball when a fault is announced during a black screen! >_<

And it seems it's always the last shot that got black out.

whattheheck
10-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Gillou is playing well.:clap2:

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:46 AM
Ace on second serve! hehe Gillou is on fire. :D

MsTree
10-01-2009, 06:47 AM
Won that game with a second serve ace :hearts:

lalaland
10-01-2009, 06:47 AM
I like this Gillou! Worth getting up at 6am for :)

But Gilles' always worth waking up for at whatever hour ;), although I'm really glad that this match is played before my bed time :D.

whattheheck
10-01-2009, 06:48 AM
But Gilles' always worth waking up for at whatever hour ;), although I'm really glad that this match is played before my bed time :D.

Sweet dreams about Gillou:D

lalaland
10-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Sweet dreams about Gillou:D

I so wish I can dream about Gillou but I don't ever. My dreams always about forgetting to study for exams and I'm not even in school anymore :rolleyes:. Well, maybe watching Gilles before going to bed will help.

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Gilles'second serve is really weak. o_o Good think Kim stands 3 miles behind baseline and doesn't even try to take advantage of it.

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 06:57 AM
OMG! that was one the ugliest volley I've ever seen.. WTA included.

Puschkin
10-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Gilles- fans wake up! Change the thread title, it is autumn already.;)

Allez Gilles! Lookig good so far.

lalaland
10-01-2009, 07:00 AM
slice, giving a rare appearance.

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Love that explosive crosscourt BH! Break! *4-2 :D

Puschkin
10-01-2009, 07:02 AM
:D I don't think Kim will recover from this.

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 07:03 AM
I feel bad for saying this at this moment of the match but Kim's haircut is just horrendous.

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Gilles- fans wake up! Change the thread title, it is autumn already.;)
Scotty lives in his own time space. :p

lalaland
10-01-2009, 07:07 AM
I feel bad for saying this at this moment of the match but Kim's haircut is just horrendous.

Is there a good moment to say someone's haircut is bad :p? I do agree that it's horrendous.

MsTree
10-01-2009, 07:08 AM
LOL Nat Gilles' haircut is good though ;)

And yes it's no trouble to get up at any hour to watch him :D

Allez Gilles!

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Yess!! 2 and 2. :hearts:

turtle-rn
10-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Have a good day/night everyone. :wavey:

lalaland
10-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Poor Kevin Kim, lost the match and they called him Alex Kim.

Well done Gilles.

I don't suppose they show the double on stream, do they?
I did see they were showing court 1 the other day.

PinkFeatherBoa
10-01-2009, 07:15 AM
I doubt they would show the doubles unfortunately.

At least I got to watch one fave before I have to go out. Good job Gilles. :yeah: Good luck in the doubles.

MsTree
10-01-2009, 07:29 AM
I managed to capture the livestream if any sleepyheads want it, complete with blackouts on almost every point! I can upload it later if anyone wants it :)

Off to work now! :)

Scotso
10-01-2009, 07:53 AM
:yippee:

but-it's-ok
10-01-2009, 09:33 AM
So happy with the ease of the win for Gilles:dance:

rtgy
10-01-2009, 09:41 AM

:rolls: :lol:

Gillou :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:worship: :bowdown: :rocker:

rtgy
10-01-2009, 09:46 AM
:yippee:

:yippee: :lol:

Naina
10-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Nicely done Gillou :D
He will be on TV tomorrow :drool:

Truc
10-01-2009, 01:16 PM
There is a livestream for the doubles match on bwin.

leptiric
10-01-2009, 01:50 PM
can u give the link?? would really want to watch it even though i see theyre not doing so good at the moment :rolleyes:

Truc
10-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I can't give a direct link, sorry, you have to go on bwin.com and then it's in the live bets.
Gilles is having a very decent serving day, in singles already.
His knee is strapped this time.

And Gilles broken, 2-6 2-4*, I'm afraid I won't get to see his beautiful serve again today.

6-2 6-3, you didn't miss much, really.

leptiric
10-01-2009, 02:36 PM
i guess not- that was fast! :lol:
well, at least he won one match today!better it was the singles then doubles...
:)
and his hair has finally grown a bit :lick:

Truc
10-01-2009, 03:33 PM
The usual knee talk:

Gilles Simon of France tested his chronic sore knee with a 6-2, 6-2 defeat of American Kevin Kim while retiring Russian Marat Safin ticked up another tournament loss Thursday as he winds down his career at the Thailand Open.
While striking 11 aces to advance easily in 61 minutes, number 10-ranked Simon admitted that he is concerned about just getting through the last two months of a long and gruelling ATP season.
"I'm happy with how I played today. I needed this match as a test of how I'm doing," said Simon, making his Bangkok debut aged 24. "I know that I can play well on this slow court.
"But whether I can do that or not depends on my knee. The doctors say that it needs to rest."
(...)
"I had a scan after the US Open and while it's still painful, it's going in a good way. The scan was better than the one I had after Roland Garros.
"I really need a lot of recovery after my matches. It's a lot of icing and rest. Everything depends on my knee."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jC9A5XMPxHGhbJliS4hQqGhhxUrQ

rtgy
10-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Gillou:hug:

his OOP is now ready:
http://www.thailandopen.org/upload/draws_pdf/orderOfPlay_PDF24.pdf

(against Korolev) tomorrow around 9 AM(CET)

but-it's-ok
10-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks Fran for the update on Gillou's knee:hug: Gillou:awww::hug: I wish I had a magic cure for his knee injury:awww:

I hope I can be around to score Gillou's match tomorrow,its a little early:awww: If not then,good luck Gillou:rocker2:

Jess22
10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Nice easy win :worship:
Won't get to see much of his match tomorrow again, hopefully it'll be another win ;) Best of luck Gillou!

MsTree
10-01-2009, 06:39 PM
I'll miss it too :( Can anyone capture the livestream? :)

Truc
10-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I saw Korolev today against Ginepri and he was on fire! He is a bit scary without all the UE.
But he wasn't so impressive in the 1st round, so I hope he was just having a particularly good day.

It's one of Gilles' nicest h2h:
2007 Bucharest 16 Clay (O) G.SIMON 6-4 6-2
2008 Bucharest 32 Clay (O) G.SIMON 6-1 6-2

lalaland
10-01-2009, 11:30 PM
The usual knee talk:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jC9A5XMPxHGhbJliS4hQqGhhxUrQ

Thanks for the news, Fran.

Going off topic - this news ppl are kinda random, in the middle of the article, there's results of Verdasco and Gonzalez from KL :rolleyes:.

Anyway, I wish they won't keep asking him about the knee so he won't have to talk about it. It's pretty clear that it's not going away until he stops his season. Maybe for him easier to concentrate on the task if he can really keep the injury out of mind and only deal with it when the pain comes. Idk, just wishful thinking I guess, if one can switch of their mind on certain matters until they have to deal with it, not so easy at all.

lalaland
10-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Gilles' about to get on court, but I can't find a live stream :mad:

MsTree
10-02-2009, 07:20 AM
We're up in 10 minutes time :)

Allez Gillou!!! I'll get to see him warming up anyway. Flipping work!!! :(

MsTree
10-02-2009, 07:24 AM
They're mainly betting sites but if you have software installed you might catch one of the Star Sports links?
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=50698&part=sports

Bet365 is playing up, I was just getting a still frame every time I refreshed the page :(

lalaland
10-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Hi Les :wavey:

You have Gillou on tv, right? Not happened to have a live stream, do u?

The Bgk stream turned into volleyball. I love watching volleyball, but not when I'm supposed to be watching Gilles :rolleyes::mad:.

lalaland
10-02-2009, 07:29 AM
They're mainly betting sites but if you have software installed you might catch one of the Star Sports links?
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=50698&part=sports

Bet365 is playing up, I was just getting a still frame every time I refreshed the page :(

Thanks. No, I don't have software.
I'll just keep trying the Fromsports stream. Maybe they'll come to their senses and switch back to tennis.

PS. they did. I have Gilles now. Yay.

MsTree
10-02-2009, 07:31 AM
No I don't have TV coverage this week :( I'm hoping the Bet365 stream will work, but I'm not too hopeful. I have to leave in 10 minutes anyway :o

lalaland
10-02-2009, 07:33 AM
http://www.fromsport.com/video-84303.html
this one is working for me now.

angela5
10-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks. No, I don't have software.
I'll just keep trying the Fromsports stream. Maybe they'll come to their senses and switch back to tennis.

PS. they did. I have Gilles now. Yay.

Thank you! btw this doesnt cost anything does it? Gilles looks lovely:hearts:

lalaland
10-02-2009, 07:37 AM
And as soon as I said that, it's gone. Irony. Damn.

Truc
10-02-2009, 07:38 AM
I'll miss it too :( Can anyone capture the livestream? :)I'm trying, but since Gaël is playing at the same time and I'm trying to watch both, I'm not sure it will work, maybe somebody else can try too.

Here is the article in L'Equipe today:
SIMON MAÎTRE DU RETOUR. – On n’avait pas revu Gilles Simon en compétition depuis le 6 septembre. Contraint à l’abandon au troisième tour de l’US Open, à cause de son maudit genou, le Français avait ensuite écopé d’une peine presque minimale : deux semaines de repos, une de remise en forme. À l’en croire, l’IRM passée dès son retour en France s’était montrée rassurante. « La lésion (du tendon sous-rotulien) était toujours là, mais la cicatrisation était en bonne voie, raconte-t-il. L’inflammation, aussi, était moins forte. A priori, ça va dans le bon sens. » Conscient d’évoluer quand même sur le fil du rasoir, Simon la joue prudent. « Je me suis bien reposé chez moi, en Suisse, au retour de l’US, dit-il. Et, quand j’ai repris, j’y suis allé doucement. » Arrivé samedi à Bangkok, Simon n’en a pas pour autant augmenté les cadences à l’entraînement. Comme tous les partants vers l’Asie, il souffre du décalage. Dans tous les sens du terme. « Pour l’organisme, c’est violent. Non seulement il y a le jet-lag (cinq heures de décalage horaire), mais la chaleur à Bangkok est épouvantable. Il doit faire 60 dehors ! Maintenant, je comprends pourquoi on joue indoor... » Hier, Simon n’a pas traîné pour remporter son deuxième tour (il bénéficiait d’un bye) face à l’Américain Kevin Kim : 6-2, 6-2 en soixante et une minutes. « J’étais un peu tendu au début, mais après, j’ai super bien frappé dans la balle, explique-t-il. De 3-2 à 6-2 au premier set, je n’ai dû faire que des points gagnants ! Un de mes meilleurs matches de l’année. Dommage, je me dis que, si je pouvais courir sans penser à ce genou, je serais dur à battre... Mais, bon, par rapport aux autres, j’ai une envie et une fraîcheur énormes. »
He talks again about the knee, says the lesion is a bit smaller and the inflammation has also improved, so it's going in the right direction. But he's aware to play on the razor's edge. He rested well at home in Switzerland when he came back from the US and then he resumed the training very gently. He arrived in Bangkok on Saturday, but he's still having rather light training. The difference with Europe gives him a lot of trouble, he says it's very tough on the organism. The jetlag, but also the terrible heat, it must be 60°C outside, he understands now why they're playing indoors.
He says he was a bit tense at the beginning of his match against Kim, but then he was striking the ball really well. "From 3-2 to 6-2 in the first set, I think I've hit only winners! One of my best matches of the year. It's too bad, I think I would be hard to beat if I could move without thinking of the knee... But well, compared with the others, I'm much fresher and more eager to play."

lalaland
Now it's back. Stop teasing me, stream.

Thank you! btw this doesnt cost anything does it? Gilles looks lovely:hearts:

No, this is free and US friendly.

but-it's-ok
Allez Gilles:bounce:

MsTree
10-02-2009, 07:40 AM
I'll leave RMC running and see what I've got (if anything) when I come home. Streams always need babysitting though, it never goes smoothly for me!

Allez Gilles! Enjoy the match folks! :)

lalaland
10-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Sorry Les, I still don't know how to record the stream. I download a software but couldn't get it to record anything.

but-it's-ok
10-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Thanks Les:hug: Sorry you gotta work:(

I wish I could do something with a stream for you,but I just don't know how:( I hope your recording will be OK when you get home:)

lalaland
10-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Broken already. C'mon Gilles.

but-it's-ok
10-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Korolev looks in such a groove:(

Allez Gilles:bounce:

but-it's-ok
10-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Gillou,you gotta do more with your returns:)

~*BGT*~
10-02-2009, 07:54 AM
http://www.fromsport.com/video-84303.html
this one is working for me now.

Thanks for the link. :) Although, I am pulling for Zhenya :p

lalaland
10-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the link. :) Although, I am pulling for Zhenya :p

You're welcome. I'm sure you know better than to cheer for him at his opponent's forum ;).

lalaland
10-02-2009, 08:14 AM
C'mon Gilles. Come back time.

but-it's-ok
10-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Allez Gillou:bounce:

Its gonna be difficult,Korolev is in such a rhythm,Gilles needs to get his thinking cap on here:)

~*BGT*~
10-02-2009, 08:17 AM
You're welcome. I'm sure you know better than to cheer for him at his opponent's forum ;).

I know not to do that, for sure. :p Gillou isn't playing badly I don't think. Not at all.

lalaland
10-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Gillou isn't playing badly I don't think. Not at all.

Not good enough apparently :rolleyes:

Jess22
10-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I've got to go out now, but good luck Gillou hopefully he can turn it around :sad:

angela5
10-02-2009, 08:42 AM
C'mon Gillou! Break!

~*BGT*~
10-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Evgeny has cooled off. Gillou being steady. He's serving for the set at 5-3.

lalaland
10-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Please hold.

but-it's-ok
10-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Set!!:banana: Somehow Gilles found a way!:rocker:

Keep it up in the 3rd set now Gillou:bounce:

lalaland
10-02-2009, 08:48 AM
C'mon Gilles, one more set to win. Allez.

angela5
10-02-2009, 08:49 AM
6-3 Allez :rocker2:

lalaland
10-02-2009, 09:12 AM
C'mon Gillou, 2 consecutive holds then you can get back to your gameboy. Allez.

lalaland
10-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Phew. What a tough ride, but he got the W. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Yay Gilles. Now get some rest and get ready for tomorrow.

And my bed time too. :wavey:

but-it's-ok
10-02-2009, 09:24 AM
:woohoo: Gilles did it,he wins 4-6 6-3 6-4!

:yippee::banana:

Truc
10-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Huge "phew" here too!
But he looked like he was limping a little when leaving the court.

It seems the recording worked, I'm uploading it now - in case somebody else gave it a try too.

whattheheck
10-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Congrats Gillou

Naina
10-02-2009, 10:30 AM
toughed it out :banana:
congrats :D and good luck (Melzer was playing well :scared: )

Jess22
10-02-2009, 11:40 AM
:eek: :woohoo: Good news to come back to

MsTree
10-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Yay! :dance: Looked tough from the livescore though!

Another early start tomorrow :)

And it looked as if my recording worked too :D

PinkFeatherBoa
10-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Missed him today, was relieved to hear that he won. Will be able to watch tomorrow though. A match I'm really looking forward to - vs. the ever lovely but Flakey Melzer. ;)

Hope Gilou's knee is OK and he can play well tomorrow. Good luck Gilles.

Tennisnakama
10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Please help. I write tennis on my blog and want to write about Simon. More about his personal story. Can anyone give me some links to the feature stories about him? Any languages will be fine with me.

MsTree
10-02-2009, 07:50 PM
This isn't exactly a feature story but it's a video (in French) of his life and career - see here
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7997989&postcount=396

Also check the "Articles" thread as Fran has done a power of work translating everything written about him! :)

Will you post a link to your blog when you're ready? :)

lalaland
10-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Please help. I write tennis on my blog and want to write about Simon. More about his personal story. Can anyone give me some links to the feature stories about him? Any languages will be fine with me.

There's a lot of articles last year especially after Madrid. You can find them from page 8 onward in the Article thread here. And Fran's so nice to translate everything for us. Check that thread out.

turtle-rn
10-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Well done Gillou! :D

Good luck against Melzer.

MsTree
10-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Allez Gillou! :)

lalaland
10-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Allez Gilles, Allez.

angela5
10-03-2009, 07:24 AM
My stream keeps freezing. :( He's looking gorgeous as per usual and cleanly shaven too :hearts:

rtgy
10-03-2009, 07:37 AM
ALLEZ GILLOU!!! :rocker2:

4-3 :bounce:

MsTree
10-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Come on now Gillou! Serving for the 1st set! :D

Morning Yavor :) :wavey:

rtgy
10-03-2009, 07:43 AM
BREAK!!! 5-3 :bounce: :worship:

rtgy
10-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Morning Yavor :) :wavey:

Les:smooch: :hug:

:wavey:

rtgy
10-03-2009, 07:47 AM
broken.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

lalaland
10-03-2009, 07:48 AM
C'mon Gilles. Break him again.

lalaland
10-03-2009, 07:55 AM
Yay. Won 1st set, and get to serve first in 2nd.

MsTree
10-03-2009, 07:55 AM
He got there in the end! :D 6-4 Gillou :dance:

rtgy
10-03-2009, 07:56 AM
OMG he did it!!! 6-4 :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

but-it's-ok
10-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Morning:wavey::hug:

Sorry I'm late:o He's winning already:bounce:

MsTree
10-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Morning Di! :wavey:

but-it's-ok
10-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi Les:wavey:

I love how super aggressive Gilles has been in the time I've watched:hearts: Terrific power hitting:rocker:

rtgy
10-03-2009, 08:26 AM
4-3:D

ALLEZ GILLOU!!! :rocker:

rtgy
10-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Morning:wavey::hug:

DI :hug:

:wavey: