2009 Fall Hardcourt Thread [Archive] - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

2009 Fall Hardcourt Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

turtle-rn
09-04-2009, 08:54 PM
He was lucky with that Belluci's UE, made a poor choice. Easy hold nonetheless.

leptiric
09-04-2009, 08:56 PM
He did step in to take it early several times, and then he runs back to his 15 ft mark. :o

:lol: it seems to me that hes running sth close to normal for him today... im pretty happy with that. :)

turtle-rn
09-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Oh I got the 1000th post! :D

lalaland
09-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Despite the easy hold, he does look like he is falling asleep. So Tarango really understands French.

lalaland
09-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh I got the 1000th post! :D

I saw you have 1200 posts.:confused:

tedlesurfeur
09-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Is it me or is Gilles not tossing the ball as high as in the first two sets?

Why doesn't he use his DTL BH more often? Belluci is often on the run there...

Too many middle court balls in this 3rd set.

Eat a banana, Poussin

leptiric
09-04-2009, 09:03 PM
the 1000th in this thread :)

HoistDaColors
09-04-2009, 09:05 PM
hahahahahahaha :rolls:

gilles being lazy again and just standing there waiting for the ball.

turtle-rn
09-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Good lord gracious me! hahahaha

turtle-rn
09-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Yessss! :banana:

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Schweet. Close him out!

Cloudygirl
09-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Loving commentators implying Gilles is a food snob cos he is French. Isn't his favourite food Macy D's?!

tedlesurfeur
09-04-2009, 09:11 PM
See? Another BH DTL inducing an error from Belluci !! And the break is here !!

Gilles got sleepy, perhaps, but his game got Belluci even sleepier :lol: the guy basically cannot play anymore :lol:

MsTree
09-04-2009, 09:14 PM
:wavey: Ted!

Allez Gilles! Serving for the set!!! :D

lalaland
09-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Geez, now the commentator thought Wino is his coach :rolleyes:.

Cloudygirl
09-04-2009, 09:15 PM
I've got selective hearing. These commentators are great they just said Gilles could win a slam.

lalaland
09-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Loving commentators implying Gilles is a food snob cos he is French. Isn't his favourite food Macy D's?!

I totally have a laugh at that.

Despite this guy knows nothing about Gilles, he has nice words to say about him. So he's forgiven for mistaken Tutu as Wino.

turtle-rn
09-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Geez, now the commentator thought Wino is his coach :rolleyes:.
I wish it was true. :tape:

Easy win Gilles! :worship:

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Great win for Gillou, he played well today. It's encouraging for his next round.

Navratilova REALLY likes him, it seems. She couldn't stop praising him.

turtle-rn
09-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Navratilova REALLY likes him, it seems. She couldn't stop praising him.
Nice to hear that at last she knows who he is! >_<

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm devastated that Pablito is losing to this jackass. :sobbing:

Someone go kick him in the nuts!

lalaland
09-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Nice and easy match. YAY. :dance:

Which station interviews him on court on every match? I want to have that to see his smile after winning. He hardly smile today, very business like.

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Nice to hear that at last she knows who he is! >_<

Yeah, I remember that, it was sad. Someone around tennis all the time should really know everyone in the top 200 at least, I would say. Especially when you cover the majors. There are many people on this board that know more about players than people like Navratilova and P-Mac who were professional players and work as commentators.

Truc
09-04-2009, 09:24 PM
My livestreams is still on and he's still signing (and laughing)!

Tarango's wife is French (that's the famouse one who slapped the chair umpire in the face after a match), it wouldn't be surprising he understands French at least a little bit and knows the French tennis system better than other US commentators indeed.

lalaland
09-04-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm devastated that Pablito is losing to this jackass. :sobbing:

I still haven't figure out who's Pablito? and in this case, who's the jackass?

lalaland
09-04-2009, 09:26 PM
My livestreams is still on and he's still signing and laughing.

That's nice, would love to see that, but mine cut to DelPo's presser. :mad:

turtle-rn
09-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I still haven't figure out who's Pablito?
I guess it's Cuevas?

MsTree
09-04-2009, 09:27 PM

Bad Scotty! :p I already had a fight in another forum for someone wanting Jo to smash Andy's face in with his racket :o If you weren't so good you'd be bad :lol:

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Now Nav talking about how Gilles shaved. :lol:

turtle-rn
09-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Bad Scotty! :p I already had a fight in another forum for someone wanting Jo to smash Andy's face in with his racket :o If you weren't so good you'd be bad :lol:
But that's the way we like him do we? :angel:

leptiric
09-04-2009, 09:29 PM
:wavey: this was a great match! liked it a lot
he certainly raised his level from the 1.round! juanqui up next :rolleyes:

the commentators are really bad!its not just this match, but in general! i dont know if they are wasted, on drugs or just really uninformed

turtle-rn
09-04-2009, 09:30 PM
She sure knows about shaving! :lol:

lalaland
09-04-2009, 09:30 PM

:rolls: she really is paying some attention to him, I wonder if she notice the haircut too.

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I still haven't figure out who's Pablito? and in this case, who's the jackass?
I guess it's Cuevas?

Si, es verdad!

The jackass is Koellerer.

I don't want Pablito to do it, he'll get suspended.

tedlesurfeur
09-04-2009, 09:31 PM
:wavey: Ted!

Yeah wavey to you too Les.
No one answered my questions :mad:

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Navratilova again shows her lack of player knowledge, because she's surprised by Koellerer's behavior. :lol:

Månu
09-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Nice match and comfortable victory, he really needs to improve his forward movement on stop balls though!

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:34 PM
He's yelling at ballboys now. :rolleyes: C'mon, Les, he deserves a good, swift kick in the balls.

tedlesurfeur
09-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Navratilova again shows her lack of player knowledge, because she's surprised by Koellerer's behavior. :lol:

I love the Hernandez dance, don't you? :worship:

lalaland
09-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Yeah wavey to you too Les.
No one answered my questions :mad:

Sorry Ted, I couldn't think of an answer for your questions. You did make me wonder why he's not playing the DTLBH to the leftie's BH, which does seem to be a very sensible play.

turtle-rn
09-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Goodnight people! :wavey:

Scott, don't kick too many balls! :kiss:

MsTree
09-04-2009, 09:39 PM
He's yelling at ballboys now. :rolleyes: C'mon, Les, he deserves a good, swift kick in the balls.

I don't condone violence but I had to chuckle at that one :lol:
Feck we're both in trouble if a maurading Koellerer fan reads this thread :p

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Goodnight people! :wavey:

Scott, don't kick too many balls! :kiss:

No no no, I get other people to do it. I won't want to be arrested.

Goodnight darling. :kiss:

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't condone violence but I had to chuckle at that one :lol:
Feck we're both in trouble if a maurading Koellerer fan reads this thread :p

Eh, the chance he has fans is pretty slim. Maybe his mom, but I doubt it.

leptiric
09-04-2009, 09:41 PM
damn that man is a wack job!! :lol:

ill bet its difficult being his trainer! :banghead::drink:

MsTree
09-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Nice downer you've got there Scotty :devil:

I'm watching Andy Murray wake up now, he just bagelled Capdeville in 18 minutes after losing the 2nd set :lol:

tedlesurfeur
09-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Sorry Ted, I couldn't think of an answer for your questions. You did make me wonder why he's not playing the DTLBH to the leftie's BH, which does seem to be a very sensible play.

Hi Lala :wavey: I don't think we have been introduced. I'm Ted, Les's boyfriend. :angel: (and Yavor's, but he's away)

Well, Belluci's BH was not efficient in the third set, that's why I said that. He made a lot of errors with it.

What about the ball toss? I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Scott, I heard that a lot of players actually asked ATP to take measures against the Korrible man for his behavior.

Who's watchin' Muzz? :p

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:45 PM
There was once a petition signed by more than 200 of his fellow professionals to have him expelled from tennis for a period.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article3182484.ece
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/columns/story?columnist=tandon_kamakshi&id=4141101

lalaland
09-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi Lala :wavey: I don't think we have been introduced. I'm Ted, Les's boyfriend. :angel: (and Yavor's, but he's away)

Well, Belluci's BH was not efficient in the third set, that's why I said that. He made a lot of errors with it.

What about the ball toss? I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Hi Ted :wavey:.
I didn't notice anything different about his toss. But he doesn't have that high a toss anyway so I never really pay attention to his toss.

MsTree
09-04-2009, 09:47 PM
You might try and deny it Ted but you'll always be Raff's BF to me :p

Scotso
09-04-2009, 09:58 PM
I hate when I have to use IE for something. It's so buggy.

Scotso
09-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Fight Nico! :fiery:

tedlesurfeur
09-04-2009, 10:25 PM
:rolleyes:

lalaland
09-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Nico came back, on serve.
Fight Robbie, he is the only American I cheer for. Dislike Almargo.

lalaland
09-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Tarango's wife is French (that's the famouse one who slapped the chair umpire in the face after a match), it wouldn't be surprising he understands French at least a little bit and knows the French tennis system better than other US commentators indeed.

I see. I hope he comments on Gilles' next match then, we need a translator on court to tell us what
Gilles say when he yells at himself ;). He did a good job translating today :D.

BTW, I'm not doubting how much he knows about the French system. I just thought it's funny that the point he mentioned as good examples of the French system, such as the psychology part, really is kind of ironic. And then the nutrition part is also an irony when it comes to Gilles. :) I think the French system is good cos they have a system, a comprehensive one. Infrastructure is the real key. I don't know how extensive USTA's system is, but nothing like the French for sure.

WarriorA
09-05-2009, 04:08 AM
I figured Tennis Channel would have this match archived but such was not the case. I guess they only have the first three courts on there. Oh well. Good win for Gillou. :D I'll have to quit being concerned about his knee so that I can commit mentally to his taking this thing down.

I forgot about this until now, but I failed to mention in my Indy fangirl report that I got the glare of doom from Tarango's wife. :tape: She must have been Gilles' stand-in. This occurred when I was schmoozing at the ritzy party for Nat's Mandlikova footage. The Tarango twosome came up the stairs and I looked and thought, hmph, Jeff Tarango. Not really any different from, say, 'ah, dinner rolls.' Benign. I felt some eyes on me so I look over at her and see she's giving me the business. :rolleyes:

Hannah4eva
09-05-2009, 01:54 PM
:wavey: this was a great match! liked it a lot
he certainly raised his level from the 1.round! juanqui up next :rolleyes:

the commentators are really bad!its not just this match, but in general! i dont know if they are wasted, on drugs or just really uninformed

:haha: I think these commentators are just down right stupid, they have no knowledge on some players, but I guess it makes the commentary more hilarious ;)

Aww I guess the third round has arrived at last ferrero vs. simon, I was hoping ferrero would lose in the second round :awww:

But yea I only watched teh last set but I thought gillou played a very good match just hope he keeps his level up for the next round :)

rtgy
09-05-2009, 02:07 PM
HI guys :wavey:

You might try and deny it Ted but you'll always be Raff's BF to me :p

:rolls:

Gillou:rocker2: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

MsTree
09-05-2009, 02:13 PM
:wavey: Yavor how's the studying going? Do you have to take exams too?

tedlesurfeur
09-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Raffaele's a best friend / brother to me :rolleyes: I'm not incestuous :rolleyes:

Yeah Yavor :devil: how come you're here? :p aren't you supposed to be studying?

tedlesurfeur
09-05-2009, 02:26 PM
:haha: I think these commentators are just down right stupid, they have no knowledge on some players, but I guess it makes the commentary more hilarious ;)

Aww I guess the third round has arrived at last ferrero vs. simon, I was hoping ferrero would lose in the second round :awww:

But yea I only watched teh last set but I thought gillou played a very good match just hope he keeps his level up for the next round :)

Ferrero is in form, so get ready for a possible exit.

I, for my part, like the commentators, especially when I get to hear Austin, Fernandez, Connors, Navratilova.

You might have more knowledge about some players than they do, but they certainly have an insight that you don't. :wavey:

leptiric
09-05-2009, 02:56 PM
i wish i was listening to that company... :rolleyes:
these commentators on atdhe are even worse if that is at all possible.

i think gillous got this match against juanqui! :) its kinda weird for me now, after almost 10 years of cheering for juanqui now to cheer for someone else, but what can i do?! :awww:
im gonna go change my avatar now...this picture now was from the time he lost against juanqui at wimbledon :p

juanqui is playing really good lately ( last nights match not included) so its gonna be difficult but gillou can do it. their wimbledon meeting wasnt all that bad and couldve gone the other way if his serve was just a little better and his mind frame a little positive. i remember watching gillou for the first time and being shocked when i saw what kind of shots he pulled off :eek:

leptiric
09-05-2009, 03:01 PM

youre a bad bad girl! hoping ferrero would lose!?!?!? :boxing:

yeah, my first thought was that theyre just plain stupid :lol: but i was trying to be nice and called them uninformed :)

Hannah4eva
09-05-2009, 03:42 PM
youre a bad bad girl! hoping ferrero would lose!?!?!? :boxing:

yeah, my first thought was that theyre just plain stupid :lol: but i was trying to be nice and called them uninformed :)

Not that bad, I didn't want a ferrero/gillou clash thats all :awww:

I guess I used the wrong word lol or maybe I was too harsh, after all to be able to commentate you can't be that bad :)

Hannah4eva
09-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Ferrero is in form, so get ready for a possible exit.

I, for my part, like the commentators, especially when I get to hear Austin, Fernandez, Connors, Navratilova.

You might have more knowledge about some players than they do, but they certainly have an insight that you don't. :wavey:

I guess all that I was implying was that sometimes their silly comments can make good listening :) I too like like some commentators but it can be quite funny when others can't pronounce names lol

I did study sports psychology last year and was exceptional lol I was hoping that would give me some insight :angel:

lalaland
09-05-2009, 04:43 PM
So CBS starts their coverage today and preempted even the livestream on USTA.org :rolleyes:.
How annoying :mad:. I hate those major networks, they always halfassedly cover the majors but mostly just screw up the whole coverage :mad:. If they aren't showing anyone else but Fed on TV, why can't they just let us watch other matches on the livestream. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lalaland
09-05-2009, 04:51 PM
i think gillous got this match against juanqui! :) its kinda weird for me now, after almost 10 years of cheering for juanqui now to cheer for someone else, but what can i do?! :awww:
im gonna go change my avatar now...this picture now was from the time he lost against juanqui at wimbledon :p

I'm just really curious if you don't mind me asking, so who did you want to win in that Wimby match?

leptiric
09-05-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm just really curious if you don't mind me asking, so who did you want to win in that Wimby match?

for juanqui!! that was the beggining of the end of the juanqui era for me! :lol:
that was the first time i saw gillou, so ofcourse i was cheering for juanqui! but i found gillou intersting- i liked his game! kinda unigue, him running up and down the court like someone was chasing him and in no position of winning the point and then coming up with a masterpiece :)
i was pissed off while watching the match cause i was thinking to myself when is this gonna end and who is this freak :lol:

but after the match i came here and started reading about him and his interviews and thought i would come now and again to see whats going on with him and now, 2 months later im obssest :rolleyes:
my friend just asked me today who am i gonna cheer for tomorrow and was in shock when i said for gillou!! after 10 years, juanqui has been replaced! :)

leptiric
09-05-2009, 07:09 PM
i actually dont find gillou all that handsome! dont kill me now :tape:
the men i look at and say they are handsome are never the guys i fall for! i usually fall for guys that have sth that turns me on and have sth i find atractive! and then with time they become the most beautiful thing in my eyes! :)
guess thats the same with tennisplayers. i would never look at gillou and mmario ancic for example and say gillou is prettier but i would also never choose mario!

i dont know if you understand what im saying but my girlfriends also say that they are attracted to guys they usually dont find handsome! one ex of mine is really bad looking to me now but when i fell in love with him i fell for the character and with time loved everything about him! :)
now i look at him and think how i ever thought of him as attractive :confused:

i remember in high school all my friends were crazy about leonardo dicaprio and brad pitt and i dont know who else, but i never found them attractive- i actually dislike them! i was crazy about juanqui and they all said i was nuts :)

leptiric
09-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Not that bad, I didn't want a ferrero/gillou clash thats all :awww:

I guess I used the wrong word lol or maybe I was too harsh, after all to be able to commentate you can't be that bad :)

well, at the beggining i didnt want a gillou/ferrero clash either but at least i know one of them will be in the fourth round so thats ok!
also, juanqui is a much better choice for gillou right now cause petshner or whats his name that ferrero won, plays a lot of slice BHs and they are veeeeeery low. that wouldnt be good for gillous knee! in his previous matches i saw that he had a problem with those low balls so i dont think it wouldve been good for him! even ferrero had a problem with them!

lalaland
09-05-2009, 07:51 PM
i was pissed off while watching the match cause i was thinking to myself when is this gonna end and who is this freak :lol:

:lol:
I don't know why I thought you switched team during that match, which would be weird cos Gilles didn't play well at the match, it wasn't that long either since he lost in 3.

i actually dont find gillou all that handsome!

Look is just a sides when it comes to tennis. I found Nico Escude extremenly sexy when his game is on. Didn't notice Gilles's look when I became a devoted fan then I came here and look thru the picture thread and realized that he is handsome, what a bonus. But I think it's also a perception, when you like a person's characters, his features become more smooth to the eyes ;), it's true.

MsTree
09-05-2009, 08:38 PM
i was thinking to myself when is this gonna end and who is this freak :lol:

Gillou stole me away from my former favourite, over the course of a match, he lost the match but he won me :inlove:

leptiric
09-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Gillou stole me away from my former favourite, over the course of a match, he lost the match but he won me :inlove:

he got the better deal - lost his matches but won us :lol:

who was your favourite before??

leptiric
09-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't know why I thought you switched team during that match, which would be weird cos Gilles didn't play well at the match, it wasn't that long either since he lost in 3.

no, it took me a few days :p
like i said, i didnt find him all that attractive just liked the way he played even though he lost! some of his shots were amazing and he got so much balls back into play, juanqui couldnt put anything away!he reminded me of santoro!i couldnt believe he could run at all with those legs, let alone run like that
it still amazes me :D
i think he lost cause of his serve- it was sth like 30 % of first serves in! i never saw such a low percentage in my life! and juanqui is one of the top 10 in realizations of the second serve...

MsTree
09-05-2009, 11:01 PM
he got the better deal - lost his matches but won us :lol:

who was your favourite before??

Andy Murray :) I watched the Gillou-Nadal Madrid SF last year and before the match wanted Gillou to win as I thought it would be an easier final for Andy :o but I enjoyed watching him play and became completely enchanted with him during the 1-1 game in the last set :hearts: I started off cheering Andy in the Final and by the end I was cheering Gillou. :cool:

Loving your new avi btw! :D

MsTree
09-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Gillou v Juanqui first up on Louis Armstrong court tomorrow :D

lalaland
09-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Gilles/Ferrero match on Armstrong first match.

:sad: so sad that they don't stream it on the USTA site, :fiery: @ CBS.

P.S. Les beat me to it.

lalaland
09-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Haas is driving me nuts, choked 2 leads in 2 sets and now he's choking the last set away :rolleyes:.

MsTree
09-05-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm watching Isner give Roddick a good run, he's a set and a break up!

lalaland
09-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm watching Isner give Roddick a good run, he's a set and a break up!

I'm keeping an eye on that one too. It's promising. :D

lalaland
09-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Haas :smash::smash:. What a master choker he is. I'm angry. :fiery:

C'mon now, Isner, please make my day.

Scotso
09-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Andy getting pissy now. :lol:

MsTree
09-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Well he's getting the piss taken out of him big style :lol:

MsTree
09-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Game on!!! :D

lalaland
09-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Is not my day today, is it? :rolleyes:
Don't think long John Isner has what it takes anyway. I smell disaster from here then for Isner.

Oh well, as long as tomorrow turns out what I want, that's all I care. Allez Gilles. :)

turtle-rn
09-06-2009, 02:27 AM
Don't think long John Isner has what it takes anyway. I smell disaster from here then for Isner.
:p

:banana:

lalaland
09-06-2009, 03:30 AM
Reverse psychology ;).

John Isner :rocker2:

angela5
09-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Gilles please win tonight!! It's my birthday tomorrow, so a sweet victory against Ferrero would make my day :)

I think Gilles could be in with a chance. Fingers crossed he's learnt from his last meeting with Ferrero at Wimby... and hopefully Juan is fatigued from the 5-setter against Petzschner.

Allez Gillou! :rocker2:

MsTree
09-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Beautiful that reverse pyschology thing you've got going on Lala :lol: really beautiful :lol:

Truc
09-06-2009, 09:17 AM
I really don't think that JCF playing 5 sets against Petzsche is a factor at all. JCF is so fit. And the match against Petzsche really wasn't exhausting, it wasn't a big physical battle at all, more a mental thing. I'm sure loads of 4-setters or even 3-setters are physically more demanding than that match.
The fitness factor definitely favours JCF imo, best of 5 really is a bit of a question mark for Gilles with his knee and his lack of training too.
Tulasne says on lequipe.fr that Gilles now feels able to run 4 hours against JCF, though - unlike in Wimbledon.

Gilles says in his audio interview that Bellucci was very good in his opinion, it's a bit weird. I thought Gilles was good, but I expected much more from Bellucci who was supposed to be on fire.

tedlesurfeur
09-06-2009, 09:24 AM
I really don't think that JCF playing 5 sets against Petzsche is a factor at all. JCF is so fit. And the match against Petzsche really wasn't exhausting, it wasn't a big physical battle at all, more a mental thing. I'm sure loads of 4-setters or even 3-setters are physically more demanding than that match.

Gilles says in his audio interview that Bellucci was very good in his opinion, it's a bit weird. I thought Gilles was good, but I expected much more from Bellucci who was supposed to be on fire.

Oh wow, Belluci was playing really bad, well, by that I mean he was playing like a someone qualifying for the first time in the MD and totally overwhelmed by the even.
Gilles wasn't to say Belluci played bad, was he? :confused:

JCF is fit, it's been only a couple of matches, he can't be tired yet, despite longer matches. He's really confident. I've seen him play awesome tennis in Umag, except against Davydenko, who was putting so much pressure on him. Under pressure, he makes a lot of errors, and Gilles doesn't play like Davydenko. He'll keep the ball in the game, and this is what JCF likes... that's why I'm not sure JCF is a good opponent for Gilles.

Truc
09-06-2009, 09:28 AM
I mean this audio interview, just listen to the first seconds:
http://www.fft.fr/usopen/2009/?id=5278
"Oui, c'était un très bon match aujourd'hui. Surtout que je trouvais qu'il jouait très bien".

MsTree
09-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Gillou was playing well, and it was good of him to be so nice about Bellucci! :devil:

rtgy
09-06-2009, 10:35 AM
:wavey: Yavor how's the studying going? Do you have to take exams too?

the studyimg is cool:) no I don't have exams now(probably early in november);)

Raffaele's a best friend / brother to me :rolleyes: I'm not incestuous :rolleyes:

oh yeah.......:devil:

Yeah Yavor :devil: how come you're here? :p aren't you supposed to be studying?

well not all the time..........:devil:
:lol::p

I miss you all guys:hug: :wavey:

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Belucci wasn't incredibly bad.

tedlesurfeur
09-06-2009, 11:42 AM
I mean this audio interview, just listen to the first seconds:
"Oui, c'était un très bon match aujourd'hui. Surtout que je trouvais qu'il jouait très bien".

Non mais il se fout de moi? I hope he doesn't *really* mean what he says. I hope he's prepared for WAY MORE difficult matches.

Hannah4eva
09-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Oh wow he's first up on Louis Armstrong court, which means i'll get to watch a full match...though I think I jinx him a little bit coz he ends up losing wheneva I watch :awww:

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Don't watch him then. I'm David Ferrer's ultimate jinx. I don't think I've watched a full match of his for well over a year. Even live I had to leave when he got broken.

Hannah4eva
09-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Don't watch him then. I'm David Ferrer's ultimate jinx. I don't think I've watched a full match of his for well over a year. Even live I had to leave when he got broken.

You know he was okay when I watched him play against dmitrov at wimby and he was fine at dubai this year, but other than that he loses so I tend to switch over and then watch the matches after they have happened, but whats the fun in that right? :awww:

MsTree
09-06-2009, 12:44 PM
He played against Dimitrov at Queens :) And did you watch the Djokovic match at Dubai? Cause he wasn't that fine then! :devil: Maybe it's me that's the jinx :lol:

Hannah4eva
09-06-2009, 12:57 PM
He played against Dimitrov at Queens :) And did you watch the Djokovic match at Dubai? Cause he wasn't that fine then! :devil: Maybe it's me that's the jinx :lol:

Oh Yea queens :lol: tanx for the edit les i guess im gettin old I'm sure my friend told me a couple of days ago that I was losing my memory early alzheimers I guess :haha: I watched him throughout dubai and he was pretty good it was just that djoko match (talkin about djoko he had a pretty hard time yesterday, whitten was incredible!) and I thought gillou was okay in that match just a bit impatient :)

MsTree
09-06-2009, 01:08 PM
:lol: I'm twice your age so heaven help me if you're getting old :lol:

Hannah4eva
09-06-2009, 01:12 PM
And oh yea I started watching his match against Davydenko in Cincinatti around about the time wen he was a break up in the first set and then as soon as I started watching he lost the break and then the tie break, I immediately switched channels and thought Hannah you bloody jinxer wat the hell were u thinking! I went to bed straight after that and I had this weird dream about these numbers that kept appearing and wen I woke up in the morning I cheked the scores and teh funny thing was that not only had gillou beaten davydenko but the numbers that were whirling around in my dream were the exact scoreline :eek:

So yea I hav no idea what it is but weneva gillou is due to play I get a really bad upset stomach, nausea and vomitting :awww:

MsTree
09-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Allez Gilles! :D MTF is going to be a pain today I think :(

leptiric
09-06-2009, 04:12 PM
i hope someone is recording this! i have to go to my bestfriends birthday party :rolleyes:
i wont be able to watch the whole match! :sad:

ah gillou up 3-0!!:)

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Does anyone have a good stream? The one I'm watching is aw fu l. :(

simplet
09-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Is there a stream somewhere? Ferrerro is getting murdered out there apparently.

edit : I'll take any stream, even awful!

MsTree
09-06-2009, 04:18 PM
WTF? Gillou leads 5-0 :eek:

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 04:19 PM
http://www.fromsport.com/video-67485.html

I'm watching this one, but it's terrible.

lalaland
09-06-2009, 04:20 PM

choppy blurry though.

simplet
How many points did ferrerro even win? The freaking match started like 10 minutes ago!

choppy blurry though.

thank you!

Cloudygirl
me too. It is dreadful but it's the only stream the one on atdhe isn't working.

Gilles is on.

Jess22
09-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey everyone :wavey: sorry I'm watching on tv, Ferrero has started slow but Gilles is on fire, he's serving at 71% :eek: and made like 1 unforced error :D

leptiric

I'm watching this one, but it's terrible.

im watching that one too and im gonna kill myself!! :rolleyes:
my two favourite players and first of all i have to go to a fu... birthday party and the actual birthday is tomorrow so i wasnt planning on that..im gonna miss the end of the match :sad:
and now when i can watch the stream has never been worse...:mad:

simplet
Was Ferrero injured or something?

lalaland
09-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Gilles just doesn't give JC any time to settle into the match, he's not allowing many long rally either, so JC can't get his rhythm. Good job so far, keep it going, Gillou.

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Is it my stream or does Gilles have a bald patch

MsTree
09-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Juanqui's woken up at triple set point against him :lol:

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Whoever just started watching please stop you have jinxed him.

lalaland
09-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Damn, JC just wakes up. C'mon Gilles, serveout the set.

simplet
09-06-2009, 04:28 PM

That would be me : ((

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 04:29 PM
well turn the tv off til he has won the set I'm begging you.

rawalya
09-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone :wavey:

Juanqui's woken up at triple set point against him :lol:

and real Gillou has just come back :lol:

ooops ... not me :tape:

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 04:30 PM
First set Simon yeah!!

rawalya
09-06-2009, 04:30 PM
6-1 :rocker2:

simplet
09-06-2009, 04:31 PM
well turn the tv off til he has won the set I'm begging you.

Fortunately when the point is short my stream is so shitty I can't even see it. That's probably what saved him.

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 04:35 PM
There are more streams on fromsport now.

leptiric
09-06-2009, 04:36 PM
i told you its a conspiracy!! atdhe fuc.. up every match of gillou!! not once was it normal for me! and this stream is the worst ever! i didnt see one point so far, its like looking at pictures! im going nuts :mad:

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Try fromsport there are two decent streams.

lalaland
09-06-2009, 04:38 PM
C'mon Gilles.

wei_yoshi
09-06-2009, 04:44 PM

choppy blurry though.

http://atdhe.net/8394/watch-us-open
try this one..blur too but a bit smooth..

lalaland
09-06-2009, 04:45 PM
http://www.fromsport.com/video-67479.html
This one is more blurry but not as choppy, at least you can see pt continuously.

lalaland
09-06-2009, 04:47 PM
http://atdhe.net/8394/watch-us-open
try this one..blur too but a bit smooth..

Thanks. same source as the one I just posted,this one is the best so far.

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 04:47 PM
http://www.fromsport.com/video-67482.html

this one sticks but is clear when it works.

leptiric
09-06-2009, 04:50 PM
well juanqui is playing much better...
i havent seen much due to the stream but it seems to me gillous serve has been good?!?!

HoistDaColors
09-06-2009, 04:56 PM
phew...that's was a tough game

leptiric
09-06-2009, 04:57 PM
well that was a difficult service game!! :(

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 04:57 PM
woah nice serving from Ferrero

Scotso
09-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Ugh.

lalaland
09-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Damn, broken. His serve comes down to his normal level, which is not good at all.

leptiric
this is bad!! :mad:
juanqui is playing really good!

MsTree
Oooooooo watch your knee Gillou :eek:

lalaland
09-06-2009, 05:08 PM
c'mon Gilles.

leptiric
09-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Oooooooo watch your knee Gillou :eek:

yeah...my heart just stopped for a second there :rolleyes:

Scotso
09-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm so pissed CBS made them turn off the feeds.

Scotso
09-06-2009, 05:13 PM
yes!

nice break.

MsTree
Yay! :dance: back on serve! :D

WarriorA
I am happy just to have a reasonably functioning stream. It's hard for me to watch though with them wearing the same color of clothes and all of the junk ads everywhere. The quality isn't good enough to maximize.

lalaland
Wow, monster FH. Broke back.

HoistDaColors
break back!!!!

leptiric
09-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeeeeeeees!!!!!!
Got It Back :)

Scotso
CBS blows. :( Good thing they have Dick Enberg on staff.

Really? :o

He's okay, but he announces the score wrong about 25% of the time and just generally gets things wrong. I feel like they probably should have put him out to pasture by now. Basically all he does is repeat what the others say and announce the score... he doesn't have a head for tennis facts.

WarriorA
Ooh. My stream is lagging a lot. I need to refresh.

Way to fire it up Gillou!

lalaland
I'm so pissed CBS made them turn off the feeds.

I'm down right outraged. :fiery:

lalaland
09-06-2009, 05:15 PM
C'mon Gilles, now please hold.

leptiric
09-06-2009, 05:17 PM
his serve just went down by 20 % !!
it was at 81%, now its 60...:rolleyes:

cmon gillou!!

HoistDaColors
09-06-2009, 05:17 PM
did gilles want to challenge his own serve?

MsTree
09-06-2009, 05:18 PM
1 set all :(

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 05:19 PM
He's okay, but he announces the score wrong about 25% of the time and just generally gets things wrong. I feel like they probably should have put him out to pasture by now. Basically all he does is repeat what the others say and announce the score... he doesn't have a head for tennis facts.

I agree. He's pleasant and tries to do a good job but yeah, he's pretty much a talking head with not much quality input. He shares 'facts' from the atp player profiles and other fluff.

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Gilles that was fooking useless.

lalaland
09-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Damn, now I wish he didn't break back, at least he would have serve first.

leptiric
09-06-2009, 05:25 PM
i think he needs to be more agressive! juanquis making all the shots and thats what he likes! thats suits his game right on...he likes to be in control and gillous just running around the whole court :rolleyes:
i know that he plays more defence but daaamn its not working!:o

HoistDaColors
09-06-2009, 05:25 PM
c'mon pick up your serve!

I wonder how fit is Juanqui. These rallies are going on and on.

MsTree
09-06-2009, 05:36 PM
The commentator's just said that if the umpire understood French then Gillou would get a warning :lol:
Anyone know what's he chuntering to himself about?

Scotso
lol, CBS isn't even going to show a point of it.

Cloudygirl
What did Gilles just shout or don't I want to know.

leptiric
09-06-2009, 05:37 PM
hes getting maaaad :devil:
i like it when he screams..though it implies that the score isnt going his way but still...

Scotso
09-06-2009, 05:37 PM
bp saved, c'mon!

Scotso
09-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Phew.

Now break him.

WarriorA
I was hoping CBS would toss us some crumbs after Serena's blowout match, but of course not...

C'mon Gillou!!!

MsTree
The great escape :lol: Good hold Gillou :D

Scotso
09-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Oh, they are going to show some. :yeah:

lalaland
09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
OMG. Gilles on my TV.

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Oh, they are going to show some. :yeah:

Yes!!! They are :D

bye, bye crappy computer. Hello HD :D

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm so happy. I love tennis. And my television set. :D

lalaland
09-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Rafa comes out, that's probably the end of Gilles' screen time. :sad:

Truc
09-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Same here, it's on TV now after the Serena match and my German commentator is whining that they are so boring and defensive - OK, I know their gamestyle isn't everybody's liking and I do find it a bit boring too, but then he added: they're so defensive compared to *Roddick* who hits winners right, left and centre according to him. ^^

I'm almost missing my livestream without any commentator. It shouldn't last long anyway, I'm surprised they don't show Nadal's warming up over Gilles' match.

MsTree
09-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Thank heavens for Sky! :D

We're got some kind of land-air rescue going on, the helicopter's hovering above the gorge in front of my house, can't hear the commentators and I hope no one's seriously injured! :eek:

Another good hold Gillou! :D

Scotso
09-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Another good hold.

Please break. Please. :awww:

lalaland
09-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Jim Courier doesn't mind their style, since he plays the same way too when he's on tour. I quite like him as a commentator eventhough I don't like him as a player.

leptiric
09-06-2009, 05:57 PM
is anyone recording this?? :sad:
i have to goooo :(
please someone say yes...

Truc
09-06-2009, 05:58 PM
They will have the match in the Tennis Channel or in the Eurosport Player archives anyway, don't worry.

It really is a bit boring, I wish he would throw in another stylish "dropshot-sneak approach-BH volley" combo like in the 2nd set, it made my day.

lalaland
Please break here, c'mon Gilles.

WarriorA
Gillou. Gillou. Gillou. Gillou. Gillou.

lalaland
09-06-2009, 06:00 PM
I have to go too, 10 mins ago but I'm still stuck on the couch. This is looking like a 4 hr match at least.

HoistDaColors
09-06-2009, 06:04 PM
are you guys still watching choppy stream?

I found this spanish feed and it is a lot better.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/MiTVCanal-com

Scotso
09-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Jim Courier doesn't mind their style, since he plays the same way too when he's on tour. I quite like him as a commentator eventhough I don't like him as a player.

I like him up to the point that he starts drooling over Andy Roddick. He really wants Roddick to bend him over and give it to him hard. :tape:

Jess22
Love hold :worship: Please break

MsTree
I am recording the match and will upload it continued power supply willing :)

Oh that didn't look good :( Gillou :hug: play through the pain!

HoistDaColors
09-06-2009, 06:07 PM
oh no...he seems hurt!

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Oh, no. Gillou in pain. :sad:

lalaland
09-06-2009, 06:08 PM
:sad: Gilles :sad: please be ok.

Jess22
09-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Trainer is on :sad: Poor Gillou he really looks in pain

lalaland
09-06-2009, 06:11 PM
He looks like he's in great pain.

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Hmmn. I'm not so sure how classy it is to vigorously cheer for your guy during the opponent's medical timeout.

lalaland
09-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Sh*t, every time he starts playing better, the knee acts up.

MsTree
Maybe he'll go down the aggressive route now to save him doing so much running :)

WarriorA
Increased pain forces increased efficiency. Allez Gillou!

leptiric
09-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I am recording the match and will upload it continued power supply willing :)

Oh that didn't look good :( Gillou :hug: play through the pain!

jeeei at least sth!! my day has just been altogether horrible :sad:
and gillou in pain isnt nice :awww:

lalaland
09-06-2009, 06:15 PM
This is so discouraging. :sad:

lalaland
09-06-2009, 06:16 PM
If he doesn't win this set....

leptiric
09-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Increased pain forces increased efficiency. Allez Gillou!

thats one way of looking at it :lol:
lets hope its true

Scotso
He looks done. :(

Cloudygirl
Bugger he does look in pain.

MsTree
He looks done. :(

Yes he does :sad:

HoistDaColors
09-06-2009, 06:18 PM
I rather see him stop playing. No need to aggravate the knee

lalaland
09-06-2009, 06:19 PM
My fear the end is near. :sad: He can't win this match on one leg.

Jess22
09-06-2009, 06:19 PM
He looks like he can barely move though, don't think he can play through it, even if he does win this set there's still another set, shame he didn't win the second now nice to see a smile though :hearts:

leptiric
09-06-2009, 06:20 PM
was he just limping?!?!?! :(

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I just hope he knows when to retire by choice rather than having it forced on him. :awww:

MsTree
09-06-2009, 06:22 PM
:eek: the tiebreak :eek:

Allez Gillou!

Scotso
09-06-2009, 06:22 PM
allez!

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 06:23 PM
booyah!

lalaland
09-06-2009, 06:25 PM
It's painful to watch, I want to cry.

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I've been alternating (rather rapidly) between Sweet! and damn... this whole match. C'mon Gillou let's stay with Sweet.

MsTree
09-06-2009, 06:29 PM
What's he going to do?

I think he might play on...

Jess22
09-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Please retire Gillou :sad: what a fighter he is though in that tiebreak!

lalaland
09-06-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm almost hoping that he will retire. This seems way worse than I've seen his knee bothering him in other matches.

leptiric
09-06-2009, 06:33 PM
yeah but he ran so much much today in those two sets like he hasnt in two matches...:sad:
im leaving now...already late :p

hope he does retire though. i dont think he can hold on for 2 sets..

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I hope this doesn't mean that he knows he's done for the season (i.e., heading toward surgery) and is going to make a last run here.

MsTree
09-06-2009, 06:34 PM
He is done :( Poor Gillou :(

WarriorA
09-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Okay, smart choice Gillou. But :sad:, really :sad:

Scotso
09-06-2009, 06:36 PM
:sad:

Gilles :hug:

soulage
09-06-2009, 06:37 PM
So cruel :sad:

lalaland
09-06-2009, 06:37 PM
That's it. Gosh, this sucks, big time.:bigcry:

Gillou :hug::hug::hug:

This is the worse moment I've ever feel since I become a fan.

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 06:39 PM
He got some sense thank goodness.

Naina
09-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Poor Gilles :sad:
please rest and get well soon :hug:

Hannah4eva
09-06-2009, 06:44 PM
OMG! Whats this :crying2: I didn't watch his match becuz I thought I was the jinxer so I decided to watch Rafa vs. Almagro and all of a sudden Mark Petchy announces that my Gillou has had to retire :tears: I nearly died from a heart attack, Oh why does this have to happen to him :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

Truc
09-06-2009, 08:17 PM
His audio interview is up:

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Any chance of a translation?

Truc
09-06-2009, 08:27 PM
He felt a very sharp pain on a return, like he sometimes feels. And he knows that when it happens, it becomes just impossible to play.
He's very disappointed, but there isn't much he can do about it. He had the impression he was able to deal with the knee problem better lately. He hadn't felt this very sharp pain since Wimbledon. The knee hurt, but he was able to cope with it. That's why they had decided with Tulasne to play all the US events. He was feeling better and better, so it sucks to be stopped when he was gathering momentum.
The journalist asks him if he's scared now for his knee. He laughs and says no. It will really all depend on the tests he will undergo now. They will compare with the tests he made after Roland and see if there is some improvement at least, if it is going in the right direction.
This pain can appear and go away. He felt the same pain 2 days before Wimbledon and was able to play the whole tournament then. But when the pain appears, it's over for the day.

whattheheck
09-06-2009, 09:03 PM
He felt a very sharp pain on a return, like he sometimes feels. And he knows that when it happens, it becomes just impossible to play.
He's very disappointed, but there isn't much he can do about it. He had the impression he was able to deal with the knee problem better lately. He hadn't felt this very sharp pain since Wimbledon. The knee hurt, but he was able to cope with it. That's why they had decided with Tulasne to play all the US events. He was feeling better and better, so it sucks to be stopped when he was gathering momentum.
The journalist asks him if he's scared now for his knee. He laughs and says no. It will really all depend on the tests he will undergo now. They will compare with the tests he made after Roland and see if there is some improvement at least, if it is going in the right direction.
This pain can appear and go away. He felt the same pain 2 days before Wimbledon and was able to play the whole tournament then. But when the pain appears, it's over for the day.

Feel so disappointed and sad for Simon.:sad: At least he can still laugh about it.

Truc
09-06-2009, 09:12 PM
He's not really laughing either, but he doesn't sound too pessimistic for now.

There also is an article on lequipe.fr:
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2009/20090906_193551_simon-jette-l-eponge.html
Nothing new, since he can't say much about the injury anyway, he explains how shattered he was when he realized that it was over, he felt like crying on the court when he felt the pain. The physio was telling him during the change over: "But even if you win this set 7-6, what are you going to do then?" And he was answering "I don't know, but I want to try". He always tries to play through the pain. The journalist says then he played in Wimbledon last year with a fractured fibula indeed (which is new to me ???) and with a seized up back against Blake in Cincy. That's how he is, he always gives it a try.

Scotso
09-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Venus better fight back and win this match... the list of players I'm willing to cheer for in the final is quickly dwindling.

Scotso
09-06-2009, 10:34 PM
(which is new to me ???)

:scratch:

The guy must have made it up.

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 10:41 PM
If he played on a fracture he is nuts.

Truc
09-06-2009, 10:43 PM
According to this link he said it himself - but it's just a few bits and doesn't make much sense, as usual on eurosport.fr:
http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/simon-veut-continuer_sto2055266/flashnews.shtml
(He says he doesn't think it's dangerous to keep playing. Of course the doc would prefer him to stop, but that's his way to deal with injuries. For example last year in Wimbledon he played with a fractured fibula. He refuses to be in pain. He doesn't think a surgery will be necessary. But if he has to take the rest of the season off, he will do it.)

Truc
09-06-2009, 10:54 PM
That article makes more sense:
http://www.lemonde.fr/web/depeches/0,14-0,39-40277465@7-37,0.html
"J'ai une gestion très particulière des blessures. L'an passé, j'avais évolué à Wimbledon avec une fracture du péroné mais personne ne le savait", a-t-il confié. "Concernant le barrage, je vais en parler avec Guy Forget mais ça va dépendre du résultat des examens. La différence, c'est que la Coupe Davis, ce n'est pas personnel".
He says nobody knew he was injured in Wimbledon. As for the DC, he will talk with Forget and it will depend on the results of the medical tests, but the difference is that he doesn't play only for himself in DC.

He is completely nuts.

turtle-rn
09-06-2009, 10:57 PM
0_o :ignore: Last time I had a glimpse on the scoreboard, he was up 4-love in the first! >_<

Poor Gilles. :sad:

MsTree
09-06-2009, 11:00 PM
He is completely nuts.

It's all part of his charm :devil:
We all knew his was injured during Wimbledon, he's been wearing that bandage since Queens :lol:

turtle-rn
09-06-2009, 11:02 PM
That article makes more sense:
http://www.lemonde.fr/web/depeches/0,14-0,39-40277465@7-37,0.html
"J'ai une gestion très particulière des blessures. L'an passé, j'avais évolué à Wimbledon avec une fracture du péroné mais personne ne le savait", a-t-il confié.

He says nobody knew he was injured in Wimbledon.
Did he know it himself? It was most likely a fatigue/stress fracture which is still quite unusual since le "péroné" is a non-weightbearing bone and which is not so easily diagnosed.

Cloudygirl
09-06-2009, 11:02 PM
OMG he is bonkers. I thought he was the most stable french player but nope.

Well isn't DC on clay. He doesn't need to play surely. Gael is surely number 1 for clay and Chardy's not too shabby either.

turtle-rn
09-06-2009, 11:04 PM
We all knew his was injured during Wimbledon, he's been wearing that bandage since Queens :lol:
he's speaking of Wimbly 08 I think.

MsTree
09-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Oh OK Nat cheers! :)

He is nuts! :silly:

PinkFeatherBoa
09-07-2009, 02:56 AM
I concur that he is nuts... but then we wouldn't have him any other way, right? ;)

Thanks for all the updates, hope all the medicals go fine. Was really sad watching him have to pull out like that, when he clearly wanted to keep going. :sad: Poor Gilles, this must all be very frustrating for him.

Truc
09-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Here's his interview in L'Equipe:
« Envie de pleurer »

GILLES SIMON était d’autant plus effondré par son abandon contre Ferrero qu’il avait le sentiment de bien rejouer au tennis.

C’est à un set partout, 4-4, 30-0, dans son troisième set contre Juan Carlos Ferrero, que la blessure au genou de Gilles Simon se réveilla brutalement. Vaille que vaille, le Français continua en jouant uniquement de son bras, perdit le tie-break qui suivit et abandonna peu après (1-6, 6-4, 7-6, 1-0 ab.). Cruel paradoxe : il avait alors gagné un point de plus que son adversaire (102 contre 101)…
NEW YORK – de notre envoyé spécial

« TOUJOURS LA MÊME histoire de genou ?
– Oui. J’avais envie de finir le troisième set mais, même si je l’avais gagné, la route aurait été ensuite bien longue… C’est chiant parce que je sentais que je reprenais l’ascendant. Physiquement, je me sentais prêt à courir pendant quatre heures.

– Qu’est-ce qui s’est passé exactement ?
– Sur un retour anodin, j’ai ressenti une grosse douleur. La même que d’habitude (*). J’ai tout de suite compris. Après, ce n’était plus possible de jouer.

– Il y avait des signes avant-coureurs ?
– Aucun. C’est arrivé d’un seul coup. Le kiné qui est venu sur le terrain m’a dit : “Et si tu gagnes le set, tu fais quoi ?” Je lui ai répondu que je n’en savais rien.

– Vous avez conscience de vivre avec une épée de Damoclès au-dessus de la tête ?
– Oui. Mais j’avais l’impression de parvenir à mieux gérer depuis Wimbledon. Ça allait de mieux en mieux. Me voilà arrêté dans mon élan. Et puis, sur ce tournoi, j’avais de grosses ambitions. Sur le terrain, j’avais envie de pleurer, tellement j’étais défait…

– Vous avez peur pour la suite de la saison ?
– Peur ? Non. Je vais rentrer en France et faire les examens nécessaires.

– Le risque existe-t-il d’aggraver le mal en jouant ?
– Je ne le vois pas comme ça. Cette lésion, je l’ai depuis plus d’un an et je ne le savais pas. Je l’ai réveillée à Roland quand je me suis tordu le genou.

– La solution passe peut-être par une opération ?
– Non. La fissure est en plein milieu du tendon. C’est d’ailleurs pour ça que la plupart du temps ça ne me gêne pas. Mais, parfois, sur un gros appui, j’arrive dans la zone qui fait mal. C’est ça, le problème. Je sais exactement où j’en étais après Roland-Garros. La lésion était alors de 12 millimètres. On va voir si les résultats sont meilleurs ou moins bons. À la limite, si elle n’a pas bougé, ce serait presque chiant. Que faire alors?… De toute façon, pour aller mieux, il faudrait faire du sport mais pas du tennis. Du vélo, par exemple. Mais la guérison prendrait alors du temps.

– Que vous dit le Dr Montalvan ?
– Lui, c’est sûr, il préférerait que j’arrête ! (Il rit.) Mais j’ai une façon très particulière de gérer mes blessures. Je “refuse” d’avoir mal. Je pense avoir joué beaucoup de matches en étant blessé. Mon problème, aujourd’hui, c’est que mes objectifs sont plus élevés qu’avant.

– Mais pourquoi ne pas vous arrêter ?
– J’ai un calendrier à tenir. J’ai une paire de boules énormes parce que dès que je peux m’entraîner normalement, je joue très bien au tennis. C’était important pour moi de disputer cette tournée US. Mais s’il faut m’arrêter sur la fin de saison, je le ferai.

– Vous vous posez des questions en vue du prochain barrage de Coupe Davis (18-20 septembre aux Pays-Bas) ?
– Je vais en parler avec Guy (Forget, le capitaine). La seule vraie différence, c’est que la Coupe Davis n’est pas une épreuve individuelle. Si je perds trois fois sur abandon cet été, c’est MON problème. L’équipe de France, ça n’engage pas que moi. On fera le point après les examens. »

VINCENT COGNET

(*) Le Français souffre d’une fissure (longitudinale) du tendon sous-rotulien, qui relie la rotule au tibia. Une opération n’est pas nécessaire pour éradiquer le mal. Le processus idéal serait de disposer d’une longue plage de repos et de suivre en parallèle des soins (techniques de physiothérapie) visant à drainer le tendon pour qu’il cicatrise.

Truc
09-07-2009, 08:08 AM
A simplified translation:

- Always the same problem with the knee?
Yes. I wanted to play the 3rd set to the end, but even if I had won it, the road would have been very long then. It sucks because I was getting the upper hand again. Physically I felt ready to run 4 hours.

- What happened exactly?
I felt a sharp pain on a very trivial return. The same pain as usual. I immediately knew what was going on. It wasn't possible to play anymore.

- Were there precursory signs?
No. It happened all of a sudden. The physio told me: "and if you win this set, what are you going to do then?" I answered I had no idea.

- Are you aware you're living with a "sword of Damoclès" hanging over your head?
Yes. But it seemed to me I was dealing with it better since Wimbledon. It was feeling better. I have to stop when I was gathering momentum. And I had big hopes for this event. I felt like crying on the court when it happened...

- Are you scared for the rest of the season?
Scared? No. I'll go back to France and undergo other medical tests.

- Is there a risk of aggravating the injury when you keep playing?
I don't see it that way. I've had this injury for over one year and I didn't even know about it. It was reawaken (?) when I twisted my knee in Roland-Garros.

- Is surgery an option?
No, the fissure is in the middle of the sinew. That's why it doesn't bother me most of the time. Only sometimes, when I make a particular move. That's the problem.
We know that the fissure was exactly 12 mm long after Roland-Garros. We'll see if it's gotten better or worse. It would be almost annoying if it's still the same. What should I do then?... Anyway, the best thing for the knee would be to do sports, but no tennis. Bike, for example. But the healing would take time.

- What does Dr. Montalvan say?
He would prefer me to take some time off for sure! (he laughs.) But I have a very special way to deal with my injuries. I refuse to be in pain. I've already played a lot of matches with injuries. My problem today is that my goals are higher than they used to be.

- But why don't you take some time off?
I have a schedule. I'm gutted because as soon as I can practice normally, I play very well. It was important to me to play those US events. But if I have to stop for the rest of the season, I'll do it.

- And what about the next Davis Cup tie?
I will talk with Guy about it. The only real difference is that Davis Cup is a team event. If I had lost 3 times by retirement this summer, it was my problem. Not if I play for the French team. We'll see after the medical tests.

The footnote explains what he has exactly, but I can't translate the medical terms, as usual. It says again that a surgery is not necessary, the solution would be to take a long period of rest with some physio treatments to help the closing up of the sinew.

leptiric
09-07-2009, 10:18 AM
thanks for the translation!! :)

did he leave for france already?? he should probably do those tests as soon as possible! wonder why he didnt just do them there :scratch:

hope the results are good and he can play, but he really needs to think rational! i cant believe he even thought of playing through that! :cuckoo: hes a looneytune!
whats the point in playing and having to retire every second week while the injury isnt getting any better or even getting worse?!? i get that he has ambitions but hell, its not sth to play with... :mad:
i dont get that they didnt do any tests since roland garros to see if there was any improvment or if it was worse!!:shrug:

lalaland
09-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the translations, Fran.

*sigh* Can I just say: Gilles, stop being so stubborn. Okay, I understand, he's starting to play well despite the injury so he doesn't want to stop, I get it and I do feel that he's gathering momentum since the summer hardcourt season. But it seems to me it's a bit pointless if his knee last about 3 rounds every week. Besides, those early rounds points can hardly make a splash. I suppose he weighted his options and this is the best strategy for handling his situation :shrug:.

Anyway, get well.

leptiric
09-07-2009, 10:52 AM
well we cant really know how they made that decision for him to play but obviously the doctor told him to rest and he isnt!
yeah, he is one stubborn man :smash:

well he tried playing through it and it wasnt really working, so maybe its time to rest and forget his goals for the season and think of his goals for the long run :rolleyes: