Anything can happen! Which one would you like to see happening? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anything can happen! Which one would you like to see happening?

ForehandWinner
07-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Interesting to think of possibilities.

Vote what would you like to see happening. Multilple choice available.

Sunset of Age
07-22-2009, 09:43 PM
^^ Interesting statements, all might well ring true.

It emphasizes what we should already know by now: any statement of 'Player X will surely do well at the USO' or the exact opposite are highly premature.

Fiberlight1
07-22-2009, 09:44 PM
All of the positives..

I think everyone should vote for the positives as it's what is best for tennis..

You'd have to be an incredible douche to wish failure upon anyone... Even further so because it improves tennis as a whole.

mcnasty
07-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Roddick redefining & winning would be something, especially as most have written him off.

ForehandWinner
07-22-2009, 11:18 PM
One wish all +ve happens but one's +ve could be others -ve. The idea is to find out who wants the most to happen.

ForehandWinner
07-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Sorry guys. Forgot to add poll.

Fiberlight1
07-23-2009, 12:11 AM
One wish all +ve happens but one's +ve could be others -ve. The idea is to find out who wants the most to happen.

Yeah, but the ideal tennis desire is for your favorite player to win through HIS skill.. Not the misfortune of others.

ForehandWinner
07-23-2009, 02:38 AM
Yeah, but the ideal tennis desire is for your favorite player to win through HIS skill.. Not the misfortune of others.

Point taken. Win is a win any ways. History does not register the misfortunes.

whattheheck
07-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Such tough choices

Venle
07-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Good options. :) Can't wait to see USO, it might be interesting or then Roger cruising for the crown of immortality.

I also picked Murray digging out some fine victories (by forcing the others play their weak shots...)and Roddick continuing his good sparkle.

MacTheKnife
07-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Roddick will continue his new found game and use it to win slams

My vote.

Sunset of Age
07-23-2009, 12:58 PM
My vote.

ONE of mine as well. What a coincidence again. :p

Nah, seriously, apart from my obvious well wishing for R&R, I hope Andy R. indeed will get the rewards for his hard work on improving his game in winning at least one other slam somewhere in the future. If neither RN nor RF make it at the upcoming USO, please let it be him. :D

Bargearse
07-23-2009, 01:04 PM
With some of these threads, one could be excused for thinking only Federer and Nadal are competing in the US Open. What if the unthinkable were to happen and another player should win it? :eek:

Common sense tells me Federer will win it again and I'd never bet a dollar of vcash against him, but the dreamer in me would like to see someone like Roddick, Haas or Del Potro take the spoils.

BigJohn
07-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Voted for Roddick to keep on rockin, but pressure free Fed = more wins to come is the most likely.

out_here_grindin
07-23-2009, 01:50 PM
I am shocked to see how many want Federer to win more easy slams. I mean he already has the record, how many do you want him to win?

BigJohn
07-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I am shocked to see how many want Federer to win more easy slams. I mean he already has the record, how many do you want him to win?

I would not mind 2 a year until his Olympic medal. Anything more than that would be extra.

ballbasher101
07-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Roddick winning majors, yeah right. As long as Federer is still around Roddick is not going to win diddly squat.

Sunset of Age
07-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Roddick winning majors, yeah right. As long as Federer is still around Roddick is not going to win diddly squat.

He came pretty close just a few weeks ago... and perhaps should have won had he not brainfarted away the second set.
Nothing is impossible. :shrug:

ballbasher101
07-23-2009, 02:15 PM
He came pretty close just a few weeks ago... and perhaps should have won had he not brainfarted away the second set.
Nothing is impossible. :shrug:

Almost is not good enough, you have to produce when it matters. Federer did it at the French when his back was against the wall. I just can't see Roddick doing the same.

Julio
07-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Murray will continue to perish under pressure

If this mug is not able to beat Roddick at "home", we can't expect a lot from him. I prefer Karlovic's game than Murray's nowadays. He is far too passive and deserves to be out of top 10.

ForehandWinner
07-23-2009, 05:08 PM

Perhaps they want to see him winning 20+ slams so his record is safe for a while. Or else he may have to sit in a royal box watching someone breaking it pretty soon. 6 year is too short!! Oh pete!!!

ballbasher101
07-23-2009, 05:25 PM

I hope he wins a lot more. 15 is not good enough for me. People thought Sampras's record would stand the test of time so 15 is not safe in my view.

Serenidad
07-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Roddick is done for slams mentally broken or not.

ORGASMATRON
07-24-2009, 12:10 AM

25. Just so no one can contest his GOAT status.

ORGASMATRON
07-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Roddick is done for slams mentally broken or not.

:silly:

ForehandWinner
07-24-2009, 01:04 AM
Almost is not good enough, you have to produce when it matters. Federer did it at the French when his back was against the wall. I just can't see Roddick doing the same.

Roddick's words were very optimistic end of the match. I could imagine any one else rolling on the floor crying. He seemed ok or the lose was not sunk in yet!

ballbasher101
07-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Roddick's words were very optimistic end of the match. I could imagine any one else rolling on the floor crying. He seemed ok or the lose was not sunk in yet!

I agree with the later, the loss had not sunk in. The poor guy was still in shock, bless his little heart :devil:.

~*BGT*~
07-24-2009, 03:04 AM
The positives for Roddick and Nadal :)

Funny how waaaaaaaaaay more people voted for the positive scenario versus the negative scenario for Roddick but more voted negatively than positively for Murray. :lol:

Fedex
07-24-2009, 03:05 AM
I hope he wins a lot more. 15 is not good enough for me. People thought Sampras's record would stand the test of time so 15 is not safe in my view.

True, but before Sampras broke the record in 2000, it had not changed hands in nearly 4 decades. I think it could be awhile before we see someone else approach 15... and I don't think Federer is done winning majors either.

ForehandWinner
07-24-2009, 03:59 AM
True, but before Sampras broke the record in 2000, it had not changed hands in nearly 4 decades. I think it could be awhile before we see someone else approach 15... and I don't think Federer is done winning majors either.

None on sight except Rafa. Others have been one time wonders. Rafa could be a real threat to become GOAT. If Fed somehow takes care of Rafa, then it could really last for a long while.

ForehandWinner
07-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Federer will have no motivation. Baby will and life will take more of him. He is done.

Make it babies. More time to spend in personal life. This is getting more interesting!:wavey:

ballbasher101
07-25-2009, 06:06 PM
None on sight except Rafa. Others have been one time wonders. Rafa could be a real threat to become GOAT. If Fed somehow takes care of Rafa, then it could really last for a long while.

No one saw Federer coming. Federer has to keep winning in order to make the record safe. Nadal is good but there is no way he will break the slam record.

JediFed
07-25-2009, 10:16 PM
No one who has won fewer then 6 slams has reached 20 or more QFs in all the majors.

Roddick has 17 QFs, with only 1 win.

Connors is the next worst ratio with 41 QFs, and 8 wins for about 1 win every 5 QFs.

ForehandWinner
07-27-2009, 03:16 AM
It is really interesting to see more people wanting Roddick to do well. He is ahead of Roger and Rafa.

CooCooCachoo
07-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Djokovic will use weakness of both Roger and Rafa and emerge as winner
Roddick will continue his new found game and use it to win slams

:)

ORGASMATRON
07-27-2009, 12:24 PM
It is really interesting to see more people wanting Roddick to do well. He is ahead of Roger and Rafa.

Yeah especialy since he is so hated here.

Im happy to see that so many people at MTF want to see Rog win easy slams from now on. Lets give credit where its due :yeah:

duong
07-27-2009, 12:42 PM
One is missing :

Djokovic will play great and emerge as a winner.

That's my first choice.

Second choice : now that Federer doesn't win all the time anymore, people will be able to start appreciating him as a human and respectable old player.

Third choice : Gasquet plays well at last

Fourth choice : Fed plays great from time to time ... which doesn't ensure him to win at all.

Fifth choice : Murray changes his style of play and plays offensive at last (it might be better than 5th choice if I could believe more in that :lol: )

Lololita
07-27-2009, 01:32 PM
He faced defeat like a man: refused to do the customary Jmac interview and spent about 5 seconds at the press conf. Better to hide away from the press than cry in public like a sissy.

I picked Nole winning the USO but I don't think he needs Nadal to be below form to do it.

duong
07-27-2009, 02:10 PM
I picked Nole winning the USO but I don't think he needs Nadal to be below form to do it.

on hardcourts, I still believe that the Djokovic from 2008 is better than Nadal has ever been on that surface.

On clay and grass, it's a very different story, but on hardcourts, no he doesn't need that.

He can even beat a good Federer.

kooties
07-28-2009, 06:48 AM
I hope the positive Roddick one.

But if ANYTHING is possible, I'd like a non top10 slam winner please.

MIMIC
07-28-2009, 07:14 AM
So many God damned Fed worshipers

ForehandWinner
07-28-2009, 12:28 PM
So many God damned Fed worshipers

On a total postive count, yes Fed is leading. But if you take away negatives from positives, Roddick is way ahead.

fed 45 - 24 = 21
rod. 43 - 12 = 31

HKz
07-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Lawl, how quickly MTFers bandwagon on winners. According to this poll, Roddick is over Nadal in the popularity contest. I didn't envision this coming in 2009. These next two months will be so EXCITING!

HKz
07-29-2009, 10:26 AM
on hardcourts, I still believe that the Djokovic from 2008 is better than Nadal has ever been on that surface.

On clay and grass, it's a very different story, but on hardcourts, no he doesn't need that.

He can even beat a good Federer.

Yeah, Nole can destroy Fed/Nad/Mur on his best days... I mean this guy is nearly the only one that can push Nadal around off his backhand on clay, so I don't see why he can't do it more often on a faster surface like hardcourts. I know Murray has sucessfully been able to do so against Rafalafa, but Djokovic has more power IMO, so it should be a good matchup if they play this year on hardcourts, even after losing to Nadal closely 3 times in a row on clay this year.

ForehandWinner
07-31-2009, 03:39 AM
Lawl, how quickly MTFers bandwagon on winners. According to this poll, Roddick is over Nadal in the popularity contest. I didn't envision this coming in 2009. These next two months will be so EXCITING!

Interesting isn't? Funny how soon one can be second gussed. May the clouds fade soon.:worship:

~*BGT*~
07-31-2009, 04:23 AM

Some don't seem to understand the phrase, "Which one would you like to see happening?".

ballbasher101
07-31-2009, 06:59 AM
Some don't seem to understand the phrase, "Which one would you like to see happening?".

I hope Roddick never wins another major. The one he has already got is more that enough.

ForehandWinner
08-01-2009, 04:26 PM
I hope Roddick never wins another major. The one he has already got is more that enough.

Wait and see. I really hope he continues his form and pull off some good stuff as many voted here.

ForehandWinner
08-02-2009, 06:03 PM
So much for "Was going to be Wimbledon Champion". Many seem to think Murray will fail than the ones that think he will succeed. May be US Open might give us some hint as to what should be expected of him.

ForehandWinner
08-15-2009, 07:12 AM
Well where were we...,

AtoChansu
08-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Roddick has suffered way too much to remain a one slam wonder

Saya-nee-sama
08-15-2009, 04:51 PM
murray losing losing 6-0 6-0 6-0 at the final of the US Open? just kidding, it will never happen.
I chose :
_Nadal is fully rested so he is fresh and ready to roll. Can win anything besides the US Open , too fast for him.and plus there is this guy called Murray.
_Federer completed GS and all time slam count. Free of pressure. Easy slams to follow.
dreams can come true right ? let's hope so :o
_ I would Like the real djokovic to come back! i don't like what he is now. i want him to win another GS at least.

ForehandWinner
08-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Sucks but Roddick seem to be back to his one dimentional game. DelP giving him nightmares!
Nadal.... Oh well ... He used too much of hi
self too early.

andylovesaustin
08-16-2009, 02:18 AM
I'd like to see Andy Roddick win the U.S. Open! OR... I'd like to see Andy defeat Roger at the U.S. Open! :lol:

But it wouldn't be a huge disappointment if Rafa Nadal won the U.S. Open. And it wouldn't be a huge disappointment if pony-boy won it either!

ForehandWinner
08-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Looks like Murray is making is way up inspite of peoples wish here. It is strange that people wanted him fail!

HattonWBA
08-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Murray fucking them all up and walking away with the title

ForehandWinner
08-21-2009, 02:20 AM
Murray fucking them all up and walking away with the title

:devil: There are strong signs of that happening :devil:

barbadosan
08-21-2009, 04:05 AM
No one saw Federer coming. Federer has to keep winning in order to make the record safe. Nadal is good but there is no way he will break the slam record.

Not quite. John McEnroe is on record as having said a couple months (in 2003) after Fed won his first Wimbledon slam that if any guy could break Sampras' record, it would be Federer. Got to give him an A for foresight.

ForehandWinner
08-23-2009, 09:31 PM
the wish of pole result is kind of coming rtrue ..lets see

docking34
08-24-2009, 04:08 AM
i really want to see a. roddick do better and win in slams.

duong
08-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Looks like Murray is making is way up inspite of peoples wish here. It is strange that people wanted him fail!

that's the difference between a wish and a reality ;)

Noeone really knows what's going to happen in the US Open : it's quite opened, with Federer and Murray being the favorites but Roddick, Del Potro, Djokovic, Nadal not so far.

Dini
08-24-2009, 10:54 AM
In addition to what I've voted, I'd like Safin to go deep (it's not a poll option, I know) and Santoro to get past the second round. Both things are unlikely to happen - depends on the draw a bit of course too. And Gasquet to make a strong comeback :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Serenidad
08-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Oooh you are so good besides supporting Frauderror. Petzy to make the QF please. :inlove:

Oh and... :inlove: James :inlove:

ForehandWinner
11-23-2009, 04:14 AM
While we are on WTF, not sure which one really happened. Del Potro winning US Open....certainly no one saw that coming!

NyGeL
11-23-2009, 05:12 AM
I've just realized that Del Potro smashed over Fed's complete GS.

WOW!

ForehandWinner
12-09-2009, 05:34 AM
Boy o boy.....this short list really ignored some big hands! Koyla, Soderling, Del Potro. They are the ones that made big out of the top order slowing down. Hope to see this run next year tooooooooo.

duong
12-09-2009, 07:21 AM
While we are on WTF, not sure which one really happened. Del Potro winning US Open....certainly no one saw that coming!

on a French website where I took part, and before the US Open, the majority of the votes had predicted a final between Federer and Del Potro, who had impressed in Washington and Montreal (despite Washington heat's tiredness which prevented him from playing a complete final).

However most of them predicted Federer's victory in the final.

Note that Del Potro was not liked at all on this French forum, just that people (including me) saw him coming.

KaiserT
12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
:lol: at Nadal to win US Open votes.

ForehandWinner
12-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Surprised me the way Murray went away and Delpo, Devy and Soderling shined. Seriously... Anyone saw this coming?

duong
12-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Surprised me the way Murray went away and Delpo, Devy and Soderling shined. Seriously... Anyone saw this coming?

for DelPo yes, for the other ones no.

r2473
12-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Federer will reveal that he also slept with Tiger

I hope it isn't true, but the way things are going, you never know.

cocrcici
12-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Nole=AO,RG
Murray=W,USO
:wavey:

ForehandWinner
02-14-2010, 02:58 AM
hmm... easy slams...may 'cause of hardwork!

Sunset of Age
02-14-2010, 04:45 AM
So the question is, 'what would you like to see happening?' -

To finally see tards-bashing END, and folks appreciating certain player's accomplishments, whether they are fans/dislikers of said players or no.

Oh wait. Not going to happen eh. :rolleyes:

federersforehand
02-14-2010, 05:24 AM
looks like the 'easy slam ' prophecy is coming true, feds back to his best and he is almost certain to win WM and UO, RG is a 50-50 now atm too.

ForehandWinner
02-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Wouldn't be so sure. More like a bonus slam.

FEDERERBEAUTY
02-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Would love to see Roddick win a 2nd slam.

Amber Spyglass
02-14-2010, 11:04 PM
I find Federer's statistics pretty shocking,I can't see how anyone at this stage except for die-hard Fed fans would have it as their heartfelt wish for Fed to continue winning grandslams over other players who either haven't won a slam in years or have not won one at all,but have equally dedicated their life to the sport

serveandvolley80
02-14-2010, 11:19 PM
I find Federer's statistics pretty shocking,I can't see how anyone at this stage except for die-hard Fed fans would have it as their heartfelt wish for Fed to continue winning grandslams over other players who either haven't won a slam in years or have not won one at all,but have equally dedicated their life to the sport

People want to see more records get broken. That and the younger generation gets a lot of hate for being chokers and losers.

Still i would like to see both happening, Fed winning more slams, and the younger crop finally proving their critics wrong.

abraxas21
02-15-2010, 02:39 AM
i am surprised murray and nadal seem to have more haters than the GOAT

ForehandWinner
02-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Voted for Roddick to keep on rockin, but pressure free Fed = more wins to come is the most likely.

If your fav player doesn't win, you will probably root for Roddick!