Article : Safin furious at Mats Wilander [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Article : Safin furious at Mats Wilander

Action Jackson
07-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Not sure if this belongs here, but if it doesn't, then it will get turfed out.

First of all Mats Wilander made Federer and some of his fans pissed off when he said that Federer lacked balls in the first RG final against Nadal. Not sure if this link works here is the video of that.

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/GeorgeWH/?action=view&current=FrenchMensFinalwmv.flv

Now he has pissed Marat Safin off, with comments relating to Dinara Safina's efforts in GS finals. Is Marat just being the over protective brother or the fact that what Wilander said was too close to the truth in the comments?

Maybe it depends on how people like their commentators as well.

The original links in Swedish, with a summary, the first one is Safin's comments, then the second are Wilander's response.

http://www.svd.se/sportspel/nyheter/artikel_3209357.svd

Safin furious at Wilander

Former world #1 Marat Safin is furious at former trainer Mats Wilander.

"We worked together for a year and I think he should at least show my family some respect" said the Russian. It was at todays press conference after the loss to Nicolas Almagro where Safin went on the counterattack against the Swedish DC captain.

SVD asked Safin whether he followed Dinaras career at close quarters and what he thinks that she is lacking to win a GS title.

"She is world number 1 and there is a lot of pressure for her. She has still been in 3 GS finals and I think that it can come together and she can win one, said Safin and continued. "I was shocked when I saw the Paris final on TV and heard how Wilander on Eurosport totally put her down. He only points out how good he was and how simple he thinks it is to play a GS final and I was very indignant.

"His career was over a long time ago and now he is only a commentator. I can't understand how he can speak like he did. He didn't show Dinara the smallest respect and didn't say a word about how she became number one".

Have you spoken to Wilander about it?

"No, what good would it do, said the two time GS winner who will retire this season and only has 8 tournaments left.

After tennis?

"I don't know, but I will not be a coach. I am tired of tennis".

http://www.expressen.se/sport/1.1641352/wilander-hon-ar-pinsamt-dalig

Wilander : She was embarrasingly bad

Bĺstad: Controversial Russian Marat Safin 29 has started a surprisingly big row in Bĺstad

He directed his anger towards his former trainer, Swedish tennis icon Mats Wilander.

"Mats showed no respect towards me and my family", said Safin
"I stand for what I believe in, " said Wilander

Wilander : I stand for all I said

World #1 Dinara Safina 23, the younger sister to the former world number one Marat Safin, has been in 3 GS finals and lost all of them.

After the latest loss at RG some weeks ago, she was harshly criticised by Eurosports expert commentator, former tennis star Mats Wilander.

Her brother Marat Safin was strongly indignant at the press conference in Bĺstad. "He only points out how good he was and how simple he thinks it is to play a GS final and I became pissed off".

Standing firm by the criticism

"His career was over a long time ago and now he is only a commentator. He should show my family more respect", said Safin about his former trainer Wilander.

When Sport Expressen caught up with Mats Wilander, he stood firm on the criticism and continued on about Dinara Safin.

"I don't really understand why Marat is pissed off. I have the right to an opinion as anyone else.

"The fact is Safina can't handle the pressure. It's Ok, not to be able to handle the pressure, but at least come with a game that is fairly good and don't look at your coach after every fucking point" says Mats Wilander.

"She is very skilful at tennis and is world number one, but her mentality is too poor. It's embarrassing to look at. I think it's so fantastically bad that someone had to say something".

"Only I who dared"

When Marat Safin heard what Wilander said, he became even more pissed off.

"He should keep quiet. He is only a commentator and should be politically correct". Wilander replied, "I absolutely don't regret what I said. The facts are that she has been involved in three poor finals, when all said and done, but I am the only one who dared to say it aloud".

"I am a professional media reporter and when I see a match where the players toil away and fight and not when she is half crying through the whole match".

Sapeod
07-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Wilander is telling the truth. She's been shit in the finals.

rocketassist
07-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Mats talks sense and I could see during RG that women's tennis bores him shitless.

Sapeod
07-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Mats talks sense and I could see during RG that women's tennis bores him shitless.
As it does to most people. Mats can say what he said if he wants to. It's truth.

rocketassist
07-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Exactly, he wasn't the most talented player ever but what he did was develop a mental game that was one of the best of all time.

For him to see people with gifted talent but lack any sort of balls and behave like a brat when they're not winning must really piss him off.

JolánGagó
07-22-2009, 06:23 PM
It is the truth and nothing but the truth and Marat is pissed off cuz he's also a mental case. He should STFO and retire. Now.

GrosjeantheGreat
07-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Allez Mats!

Mats v Safin in ze UFC?

MacTheKnife
07-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Many of these commentators do cross a line at times. Mats was right though, she as not been very good in finals. There is a way to say that though that's not disrespectful.

Maybe Marat should just ask Mats how it went for him at Wimbledon.

jonathancrane
07-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I think the problem is not what he says but the way that he says it

Action Jackson
07-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Maybe Marat should just ask Mats how it went for him at Wimbledon.

Nice try, but Wilander already admitted that he didn't believe he could play Wimbledon and had no balls when it came to this event. He knew how to win GS finals for all his foibles.

Puschkin
07-22-2009, 06:33 PM
.... I could see during RG that women's tennis bores him shitless.
Nobody forces him to comment women's matches, if he doesn't want to.

Davai, Dinara, make him shut up.

rocketassist
07-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Nobody forces him to comment women's matches, if he doesn't want to.

Davai, Dinara, make him shut up.

Er yes they do or Eurosport would be considered impartial and not showing equal coverage, they have to ask him stuff.

Hopefully Mats will bash Gasquet's mentality and piss you off even more.

MacTheKnife
07-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Nice try, but Wilander already admitted that he didn't believe he could play Wimbledon and had no balls when it came to this event. He knew how to win GS finals for all his foibles.

Exactly and there were plenty of commentators giving him crap about it too. How quickly we forget.

Action Jackson
07-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Exactly and there were plenty of commentators giving him crap about it too. How quickly we forget.

The facts are he wasn't the best of his generation and still got the job done in GS finals, something Dinara hasn't and she has been woeful in those finals. The sentiment of what he said was exactly right, it is something he knows about.

Puschkin
07-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Er yes they do or Eurosport would be considered impartial and not showing equal coverage, they have to ask him stuff.
He is not the only person in the world able to comment a tennis match, is he? And he certainly gets paid for it, so if you don't like yout job, look for another one.

Hopefully Mats will bash Gasquet's mentality and piss you off even more.
:rolleyes: What does Gasquet have to do with Wilander's comments about Dinara and Marat's reaction to it?

MacTheKnife
07-22-2009, 06:43 PM
The facts are he wasn't the best of his generation and still got the job done in GS finals, something Dinara hasn't and she has been woeful in those finals. The sentiment of what he said was exactly right, it is something he knows about.

Look we're not disagreeing on this. I guess I'm just surprised he has forgotten the crap that used to be said about him, and now is doing virtually the same thing to someone else. True or not, it just surprises me.

Everything he said is right on the money. But that's not my point.

robinhood
07-22-2009, 06:50 PM
I can understand both of them.

Doesn't matter if it the absolute truth or not, if your little sister is bashed like that, a big bro should step in and defend her.
That's what families do.

I hadn't seen Marat interfere much with Dinara's career to this point, so I'm actually glad to see how much he cares about her career and her feelings.

As for Wilander, I've always wondered whether he's just pissed off sometimes.
When he sees something negative on the court, he doesn't seem to embellish it or try to put a positive spin on it.

He always tells it like he sees it.
Very straightforward.
Sometimes that's refreshing, but other times he's come off very harsh to me.

I've only heard him commentate a few times in English as a spectator or a Eurosport contributor, so is that his English?
Or are Europeans generally like that??

I agree his take on Dinara wasn't too out of place.
She does need a major kick in the butt or her head.

JolánGagó
07-22-2009, 06:51 PM
:rolleyes: What does Gasquet have to do with Wilander's comments about Dinara and Marat's reaction to it?

Since when is having smth to do a requirement for a player to be brought up in a discussion here?

Action Jackson
07-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Look we're not disagreeing on this. I guess I'm just surprised he has forgotten the crap that used to be said about him, and now is doing virtually the same thing to someone else. True or not, it just surprises me.

Everything he said is right on the money. But that's not my point.

He hasn't forgotten it? If he admitted he was shit and played without balls at Wimbledon, then that shows he was aware of the problem and mentally along with his game, not good enough to win there. He copped it then and took it, so it's not like it's case of dishing it out and not taking it. He hardly got the kudos when he won anything.

shotgun
07-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Safin's reaction is a bit surprising, considering that he seems to share a somewhat distant relationship with his sister.

Dougie
07-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Game, set and Mats was one useless show. But if he was asked about Dinara, I can´t see how he could have said anything positive about her GS finals record. It´s horrible!

timafi
07-22-2009, 07:08 PM
would be nice if Wilander said this in Safin's face;if he had the balls:devil:
boy I would be good $ to see that:devil: :lol:

as for Safina;I don't give 2 shit about her and her game since she took my fav out at Wimbledon after much choking on my fav's part too I'll admit:mad: but I hope this get her fire going and she wins the USO after Sveta

Wilander is right but there is a way to put things and he simply doesn't know how to speak without sounding like an ass:shrug:

mitalidas
07-22-2009, 07:08 PM
There are two parts to this.

Wilander might be stating a fact. But sometimes you can shut up about the truth if it is hurtful to someone you have a close/reasonably close good personal relation with.

There are fine lines and grey areas everywhere. Yes it is his professional job to commentate as he sees correct. But he does not exist in a vacuum. I think a little bit of tact is not unreasonable to expect from the media- journalists, commentators, etc.

rocketassist
07-22-2009, 07:11 PM

So that Mats can piss crybabies like you off ten times over with his sensible opinions.

adagio12
07-22-2009, 07:19 PM
While they both have a "right" to say what they said, it's not exactly unreasonable to get more and more angry after someone insults a family member. On the other hand, to get more pissed off because your territory and pride have been encroached upon, while nothing new or inherently wrong, does come off as a tad classless in comparison. Wilander just sounds brash and defensive, despite his "points". But what can you expect from pro athletes with too much ego.

tangerine_dream
07-22-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm surprised that Marat believes commentators should be "politically correct".

JolánGagó
07-22-2009, 07:22 PM
While they both have a "right" to say what they said, it's not exactly unreasonable to get more and more angry after someone insults a family member.

Since when stating a blatant fact is an insult? Marat and some ppl here need to learn how to deal with reality.

Puschkin
07-22-2009, 07:23 PM
So that Mats can piss crybabies like you off ten times over with his sensible opinions.
It needs more than Wilander's blabla to piss me off.

lalaland
07-22-2009, 07:24 PM
I also agree they both have the right to say what they said. Mats' only pointing out the obvious, maybe a bit harsh, but the truth is harsh, in this case. And Marat, speaking out for his sister, nice to have a brother like Marat. He didn't go to watch any of her finals and people think they aren't close, but they are very close. Dinara often talked about what Marat told her about her play, Marat doesn't talk about her sister much but he had supported her from the very beginning financially and more.

adagio12
07-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Since when stating a blatant fact is an insult? Marat and some ppl here need to learn how to deal with reality.

I mean... insulting a disabled person for their disability... etc. Not that Safina is disabled... (although she appears to be in GS Finals) Hey I have nothing against the truth being harsh and difficult to deal with, but insult=/= lie. It's nice to see Marat care about his sister. There isn't really a right or wrong with the reality of the situation.

Action Jackson
07-22-2009, 07:38 PM
I wonder what Marat made of Serena's t-shirt at the Wimbledon press conference after she won.

JolánGagó
07-22-2009, 07:40 PM
I mean... insulting a disabled person for their disability... etc. Not that Safina is disabled... (although she appears to be in GS Finals)

I don't get your comparison. What does "insulting a disabled person for their disability" mean? Saying "Mr X is disabled" isn't an insult. Mats stated an obvious fact, nothing more. As per Marat defending his sister in indignation, well that's fine for me, that's what big brothers are for I guess :shrug: but his hissy fit merits no discussion whatsoever, it was what it was and that's it.

Vida
07-22-2009, 07:43 PM
right on the money from Mats. Dinara is a headcase of prime order (one of those expressive people when you can actually see they are choking or in focus without knowing the score), and public critique of her is quite all right - since she's an established no. 1.

btw, this is the first time I saw Mats talking about Fed's lack of cojones. firstly he just pointed down but than got it together and spelled it out. just hilarious and oh so correct.

ballbasher101
07-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Marat needs to realize that his sister is a talentless fucking bitch and I wouldn't screw her for all the money in Saudi fucking Arabia-Mats Wilander

Latest quotes are a bit harsh.

Please tell me Wilander did not say that. If he did he is truly an IDIOT :mad:.

GrosjeantheGreat
07-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Oh he did. On Swedish TV.

Maybe Marat should start coaching Dinara on mental strength.

Action Jackson
07-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Please tell me Wilander did not say that. If he did he is truly an IDIOT :mad:.

S
a
r
c
a
s
m

gulzhan
07-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Smart by Marat to respond harshly to Wilander :yeah: It's exactly what Dinara needs to get to the next (and highest) stage of her game. Marat's support might be all she needs to win a GS next time. Whoever thinks it's just Marat's temper is clueless.

Vida
07-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Smart by Marat to respond harshly to Wilander :yeah: It's exactly what Dinara needs to get to the next (and highest) stage of her game. Marat's support might be all she needs to win a GS next time. Whoever thinks it's just Marat's temper is clueless.

only way for her to get motivated that way would be for her to understand it like "my pride wont allow my brother to defend me, I have more to give". thats hardly gonna happen. most likely she will thing "I must really suck when my brother defends me so vigorously".

it would've been better for Marat to have said her in private that Mats is an asshole - but who has a point. she might get pissed and with a point to prove.

Serenidad
07-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Its the truth Safina is a joke.

ballbasher101
07-22-2009, 08:10 PM
S
a
r
c
a
s
m

You got me. It is not April fools' day is it :confused: :lol:

gulzhan
07-22-2009, 08:11 PM
You don't know Russian/Asian/Soviet mentality. Safin had no right to keep silent and thus agree to Wilander. Now it's Dinara's turn to prove her brother right.

gulzhan
07-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Its the truth Safina is a joke.

The truth is she is No.1 in WTA.

Serenidad
07-22-2009, 08:16 PM
The truth is she is No.1 in WTA.

With nothing to back that up except straight set losses in slam finals. If a #1 on the ATP was here with no slams, this board would blow up past Marcelo Rios.

ballbasher101
07-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Marat needs to realize that his sister is a talentless fucking bitch and I wouldn't screw her for all the money in Saudi fucking Arabia-Mats Wilander

Latest quotes are a bit harsh.

Wilander does say some crazy stuff that I kind of wish it was him :devil:

mitalidas
07-22-2009, 08:18 PM
With nothing to back that up except straight set losses in slam finals. If a #1 on the ATP was here with no slams, this board would blow up past Marcelo Rios.

Well you know Murray has a chance to be just that this year -- Number 1 minus a slam.

Vida
07-22-2009, 08:19 PM
You don't know Russian/Asian/Soviet mentality. Safin had no right to keep silent and thus agree to Wilander. Now it's Dinara's turn to prove her brother right.

but if he had no right, than he was compelled to say it (by that mentality) rather than say it as some motivational master plan. actually Id agree with you he was compelled to act that way, but I don't see any good coming out of it. there is more mental beef in proving someone wrong than right. right?

JolánGagó
07-22-2009, 08:20 PM

Fact n.1: she's WTA N.1, get over it.
Fact n.2: she's an useless slam finalist reminding of Zvereva in similar situations.
Conclusion: WTA sucks donkey balls.
Coda: Clijsters is God.

period. next "discussion" please.

Corey Feldman
07-22-2009, 08:25 PM
"The fact is Safina can't handle the pressure. It's Ok, not to be able to handle the pressure, but at least come with a game that is fairly good and don't look at your coach after every fucking point" says Mats Wilander.haha, so damn right Mats, Safina is terrible for crying at her coach... its time she got a grip, she even does it when she's 6-1 3-0 up in matches, she's
not the only wta player who does it.. should be said

Marat should ask his sister why she's shouting "why am i such a chicken?" at her coach during a GS final

MacTheKnife
07-22-2009, 08:32 PM

Well what exactly is the difference for a woman in winning a slam or one of their regular tier 1 events (or what ever they call them).
Same players, same number of sets, and more time to to play matches. I seriously don't get it. Oh wait, the truth is I really don't care.

gulzhan
07-22-2009, 08:36 PM

No one in Safina's family ever dreamed about Dinara becoming the No. 1. Marat included. The Safins (parents) have a luxury of comparing two kids- tennis pros, one of whom was extremely talented, the other-- extremely hard-working. Who said that talent should be more respected than hard-work? Well, Puschkin did :lol: not Margerita, but Alexander ;) Nevertheless, I am sure Marat respects Dinara's achievements and that's what he was saying.

Plus, Safin thinks Wilander showed disrespect to him personally since he worked with Marat. Idealistic Marat considered him to be a friend.

I also think it was low. For an Asian culture it's huge insult to badmouth someone who is your friend no matter if that badmouthing had any truth in it.

GrosjeantheGreat
07-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Marat should ask his sister why she's shouting "why am i such a chicken?" at her coach during a GS final
Marat: Why are you shouting 'why am I such a chicken' in a grand slam final?
Dinara: Because every time I get to a final, I play like shit and I'm afraid.
Marat: Dinara, my love, that's not right.
Dinara:It is...I play like crap every time. I am a coward, Marat!
Marat: But you are wrong to shout such things.
Dinara: You think I'm not a coward?
Marat: Oh no, you're a coward alright. And really shit. But you should shout 'why am I such a turkey' instead, because turkeys are the ones that usually get stuffed and thus, it's more accurate...now give me a hug, my lil' sis.
Dinara: Fuck off!

gulzhan
07-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Gulzhan, how dare thou badrep ze Great One for reporting Wilander's words!

Vengeance shall be mine!

I also asked to ban you. Give us some rest. :secret: I am so sick of your "humor" in Gasquet's thread.

Puschkin
07-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Well, Puschkin did :lol: not Margerita, but Alexander ;) Nevertheless, I am sure Marat respects Dinara's achievements and that's what he was saying.
:topic: Now, I definitely know why I chose him as pseudo. ;) I agree with him, but I would replace respect with admire. I admire talent, but I also respect work.

gulzhan
07-22-2009, 08:44 PM
:topic: Now, I definitely know why I chose him as pseudo. ;) I agree with him, but I would replace respect with admire. I admire talent, but I also respect work.

;)

oranges
07-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Wilander seems desperately in need of some people skills :lol: Why on earth is he surprised at the reaction? You can say whatever you want, but if you don't want to piss people off, especially those you know personally, it's not as if there are no ways of offering an honest opinion in a more respectful way :silly:

The bit about him being the only one who dares tell the truth is hilarious, living for the day he'll take the same piss at one of the really hyped stars.

Action Jackson
07-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Wilander seems desperately in need of some people skills :lol: Why on earth is he surprised at the reaction? You can say whatever you want, but if you don't want to piss people off, especially those you know personally, it's not as if there are no ways of offering an honest opinion in a more respectful way :silly:

The bit about him being the only one who dares tell the truth is hilarious, living for the day he'll take the same piss at one of the really hyped stars.

Watch the video in the first post, so Federer isn't a big enough star.

fast_clay
07-22-2009, 08:54 PM
:spit: grosjean the great is a renaissance comedian... pure gold...

oranges
07-22-2009, 09:12 PM

:haha: He has balls, unlike the one he comments.

Still, he could have offered the same insight in a less insulting way in both cases. Alternatively, don't be surprised if they are pissed off.

Collective
07-22-2009, 09:22 PM
"I am tired of tennis"

Explains everything.

the graduate
07-22-2009, 09:27 PM
at least Wilander has steel balls unlike Dinara Safina who has a strap on.

jayjay
07-22-2009, 10:12 PM

Don't understand what your point is with these comments?

So if Safina comes out and admits during or after her career that she didn't have the balls to win GS finals, that she would then be left alone and not ridiculed for her dreadful GS final performances thus far?

Maybe Safina will end up winning GS's, too. I don't think she will, personally, but for as long as she keeps knocking on the door, then she is in with a shout. And she has been knocking on the door, consistently, in all Slams, for the past year and I expect that to continue for a little while yet.

Nothing to back it up? lol. What a load of complete bollox. You do realise that getting to 3 GS finals gets you alot of ranking points? Not to mention the other 5 title wins, and another 2 final losses (one being the Olympic Final).

Men's tennis may well one day have a world number one who hasn't won a Slam, if the men's game has the same circumstances befall it that the women's game did with the players that were at the top who had won slams. Like Henin retiring, Sharapova being out for the best part of a year and Serena getting knocked out in the first round of some events and not playing Indian Wells.

Safina more than deserves her number one ranking. She is clearly the best player on the women's tour on a week to week basis over the past 12 months. Is she the best player when it comes purely to GS's, in terms of closing the deal? No. However, that's not solely what rankings are based on. And getting to the final of 3 of the past 5 Slams, and 2 SF's in the other 2, is a pretty consistently strong record.

In terms of Wilander's comments, I think most would agree with what he said. In terms of Safin's comments, it's his sister and she has been getting no respect, when she does actually deserve some, so no surprise to see him finally saying something about it - whether they are very close or not.

denibas77
07-22-2009, 10:19 PM
but that's the point he didn't stay true to words he said .This year he take back his words, when he had Federer in studio for RG, he apologize for saying even though he truly belives that statment was right when he said it.With that he showed why Federer wins Edbergs award every year even though he is arrogant and puts down his opponents,MAN ARE GENUINE ASS LICKERS.Girls from WTA will never vote for Serena, I mean never.If Dinara wins GS he isn't going to apoligaze to her,because she is women he isn't going to apologize even to Safin because he is not successful anymore, so not worth of asslicking

robinhood
07-22-2009, 10:53 PM

So if Safina comes out and admits during or after her career that she didn't have the balls to win GS finals, that she would then be left alone and not ridiculed for her dreadful GS final performances thus far?

Maybe Safina will end up winning GS's, too. I don't think she will, personally, but for as long as she keeps knocking on the door, then she is in with a shout. And she has been knocking on the door, consistently, in all Slams, for the past year and I expect that to continue for a little while yet.

Nothing to back it up? lol. What a load of complete bollox. You do realise that getting to 3 GS finals gets you alot of ranking points? Not to mention the other 5 title wins, and another 2 final losses (one being the Olympic Final).

Men's tennis may well one day have a world number one who hasn't won a Slam, if the men's game has the same circumstances befall it that the women's game did with the players that were at the top who had won slams. Like Henin retiring, Sharapova being out for the best part of a year and Serena getting knocked out in the first round of some events and not playing Indian Wells.

Safina more than deserves her number one ranking. She is clearly the best player on the women's tour on a week to week basis over the past 12 months. Is she the best player when it comes purely to GS's, in terms of closing the deal? No. However, that's not solely what rankings are based on. And getting to the final of 3 of the past 5 Slams, and 2 SF's in the other 2, is a pretty consistently strong record.

In terms of Wilander's comments, I think most would agree with what he said. In terms of Safin's comments, it's his sister and she has been getting no respect, when she does actually deserve some, so no surprise to see him finally saying something about it - whether they are very close or not.

Agree with this.
She has choked in GS finals, no question, but she's rightfully earned that #1 spot.

People, who have so much problem with the current ranking system, should petition WTA to reserve that top spot strictly for a Slam winner with the highest point total.

Burrow
07-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Marat :worship:

ORGASMATRON
07-22-2009, 11:22 PM
They both have points. Wilander is right of course and he was just stating his opinion. But so what if she chokes under pressure? What about the fact that she got to number one? Isnt that something good? Why only look at her mistakes? That is what Marat is thinking and it is fair.

Deivid23
07-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Marat ran out of vodka and had to make a rant

Action Jackson
07-23-2009, 08:19 AM

It was in response to someone's comments about Marat should remind Wilander of his lack of success at Wimbledon, you should know about context.

Safina has a problem in the biggest matches for whatever reason, she has to acknowledge it and find away to fix the problem. Until she wins one or performs strongly in a final, then the criticism is going to continue.

rwn
07-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Maybe Wilander should make some nasty comments about Serena Williams who is the one to blame that Safina is no. 1. :devil:

bokehlicious
07-23-2009, 08:22 AM
This Swede is nothing but an attention whore... Being controversial is his only way to get people interested... :zzz:

Action Jackson
07-23-2009, 08:26 AM
but that's the point he didn't stay true to words he said .This year he take back his words, when he had Federer in studio for RG, he apologize for saying even though he truly belives that statment was right when he said it.With that he showed why Federer wins Edbergs award every year even though he is arrogant and puts down his opponents,MAN ARE GENUINE ASS LICKERS.Girls from WTA will never vote for Serena, I mean never.If Dinara wins GS he isn't going to apoligaze to her,because she is women he isn't going to apologize even to Safin because he is not successful anymore, so not worth of asslicking

As for Federer being arrogant, do you know what he is like amongst his peers? He is a top player and top players are arrogant when it comes to their tennis abilities, if they didn't have that self belief, then they wouldn't be there.

Federer proved Wilander wrong and finally won at RG, so yes Wilander was right at the time when Federer lacked balls in that final, so what is he going to say, hey you lacked balls in that 2006 final, when he was on the program this year.

JolánGagó
07-23-2009, 08:41 AM
This Swede is nothing but an attention whore... Being controversial is his only way to get people interested... :zzz:

word of wisdom.

http://www.apostropher.com/blog/img/pot-kettle.jpg

bokehlicious
07-23-2009, 08:47 AM
word of wisdom.

http://www.apostropher.com/blog/img/pot-kettle.jpg

By this I guess you're saying that I manage to get your attention, way too much for my ego :hearts: :kiss:

denibas77
07-23-2009, 09:02 AM
As for Federer being arrogant, do you know what he is like amongst his peers? He is a top player and top players are arrogant when it comes to their tennis abilities, if they didn't have that self belief, then they wouldn't be there.

Federer proved Wilander wrong and finally won at RG, so yes Wilander was right at the time when Federer lacked balls in that final, so what is he going to say, hey you lacked balls in that 2006 final, when he was on the program this year.
Federer is nice as most players
in ATP nothing to brag about,he is not above everybody when it comes to niceness,Nadal is not arrogant and he is were he is.
For Wilander did you even see how he was all sleazzy apologazing for the words he said in 2006 ,was there any need to take back his words if he truly belived in that and those words were true then.And you didn't answer me, do you think if Dinara wins GS he is going to apologize to her, I think NEVER

bokehlicious
07-23-2009, 09:03 AM
in ATP nothing to brag about,he is not above everybody when it comes to niceness,Nadal is not arrogant and he is were he is.

You sound like you know those players personally, if Fed was just "another random player" he wouldn't have won the Edberg award so many times :shrug: I guess it's all conspiracy again :o

JolánGagó
07-23-2009, 09:10 AM
By this I guess you're saying that I manage to get your attention, way too much for my ego :hearts: :kiss:

what i actually want is to get in your bed and go for that hairy hole :hearts:

Action Jackson
07-23-2009, 09:26 AM
For Wilander did you even see how he was all sleazzy apologazing for the words he said in 2006 ,was there any need to take back his words if he truly belived in that and those words were true then.And you didn't answer me, do you think if Dinara wins GS he is going to apologize to her, I think NEVER

Yeah, Nadal is not arrogant that is funny stuff, when he goes on the court, does he expect to win and to dominate his opponents, of course he does and there is arrogance with the intimidation factor that the best players exude.

As for what they are like as people, the players aren't forced to vote for Federer for the Sportsmanship award, the way you are going on about it, making it out like it's a North Korean election.

Federer heard the words, wasn't happy and as his right to do replied with the comments, just like Marat here when he replied to Wilander's words about his sister.

I don't give a fuck about the WTA and if Dinara wins a Slam, then she will have shut up the doubters. I don't care if he apologises to her or not.

Mimi
07-23-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't know the usual practice for being a commentator, should they try to remain neutral and not giving out personal opinion like those reporting the news? i don't think its the same right? coz its sports and if the players do play badly, the commentators should say something otherwise how can those fans who are not knowledgeable about tennis know who plays better, and who plays poorly?

Wilander may not sound nice for giving those comments but I do think he is quite gusty for saying what he believes? I think both of them are not totally wrong, one said what he thought, though not very diplomatic, and one is a loving brother who wants to protect his sister, Safina is lucky to have such good brother, you know, my brother and sister did not take care of me a bit when i was a kid ;)

denibas77
07-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah, Nadal is not arrogant that is funny stuff, when he goes on the court, does he expect to win and to dominate his opponents, of course he does and there is arrogance with the intimidation factor that the best players exude.

As for what they are like as people, the players aren't forced to vote for Federer for the Sportsmanship award, the way you are going on about it, making it out like it's a North Korean election.

Federer heard the words, wasn't happy and as his right to do replied with the comments, just like Marat here when he replied to Wilander's words about his sister.

I don't give a fuck about the WTA and if Dinara wins a Slam, then she will have shut up the doubters. I don't care if he apologises to her or not.
Yes Nadal is humble person I'm not his fan but it's obvious he's not arrogant person and expectance to win and dominant his opponents has nothing to do with arrogance .
Did I said that players were forced to wote for him,NO I said that man are genuine asslickers as opposite of women,when man gives comliment to man who is above him in hierarchy he really means it,man like to praise man who have better status then them and that's not the case with women.
I didn't have problem with Federer words at all, I had problem with Wilander attitude.
If Dinara wins GS he wont apologize to her because she is WOMEN, so not worth it of his appologize

Mimi
07-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Fact n.1: she's WTA N.1, get over it.
Fact n.2: she's an useless slam finalist reminding of Zvereva in similar situations.
Conclusion: WTA sucks donkey balls.
Coda: Clijsters is God.

period. next "discussion" please.

my dear friend, she lost 4 grand slam finals before she finally won her only one ;) Justine/Serena are God:p

bokehlicious
07-23-2009, 10:28 AM
If Dinara wins GS he wont apologize to her because she is WOMEN, so not worth it of his appologize

:retard: that's surely the reason why he wouldn't apologize... :rolleyes: :retard:

Bargearse
07-23-2009, 10:32 AM
I don't know the usual practice for being a commentator, should they try to remain neutral and not giving out personal opinion like those reporting the news? i don't think its the same right? coz its sports and if the players do play badly, the commentators should say something otherwise how can those fans who are not knowledgeable about tennis know who plays better, and who plays poorly?

Wilander may not sound nice for giving those comments but I do think he is quite gusty for saying what he believes? I think both of them are not totally wrong, one said what he thought, though not very diplomatic, and one is a loving brother who wants to protect his sister, Safina is lucky to have such good brother, you know, my brother and sister did not take care of me a bit when i was a kid ;)

I guess for Safin it's not nice to hear such negative comments about his little sis and I applaud him for defending her. But hey, what Wilander said is effectively true. I like Safina a lot and she is so much better a player than what we've seen from her in GS finals. She chokes completely and cries and does all of the emotioanl things that she stopped doing in order to get to #1. If she could keep her shit together, she'd make the break through. I don't even bother watching women's tennis because of lopsided affairs like the FO final. Oh, and her performance against V Williams in the Wimby semis 60 61 - the fans should have got their money back.

Action Jackson
07-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Yes Nadal is humble person I'm not his fan but it's obvious he's not arrogant person and expectance to win and dominant his opponents has nothing to do with arrogance .
Did I said that players were forced to wote for him,NO I said that man are genuine asslickers as opposite of women,when man gives comliment to man who is above him in hierarchy he really means it,man like to praise man who have better status then them and that's not the case with women.
I didn't have problem with Federer words at all, I had problem with Wilander attitude.

You are kidding yourself if you think top sportspeople are humble, they aren't. Edberg wasn't humble, and he'd be the closest you'd get to a top humble tennis player. He never blamed injury or anything else when he lost and this is from a non-fan, but he deserved the Sportsmanship award named after him.

You're crying that Federer keeps getting the award. If what you say is true, then Sampras would have won it 6 years in a row, but didn't.

JolánGagó
07-23-2009, 10:38 AM
my dear friend, she lost 4 grand slam finals before she finally won her only one ;) Justine/Serena are God:p

but only she has clearly stated that "women tennis sucks donkey balls" :p

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s6i51178

Mimi
07-23-2009, 10:41 AM
but only she has clearly stated that "women tennis sucks donkey balls" :p

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s6i51178
oh really? its a bit surprising for me, coz Kim doesn't seem to be so "brave" :p

Bernard Black
07-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Nothing wrong with what Wilander said, and it could be aimed at 99% of the current women's tour. They are all juniors and overgrown juniors...and then you have the William's sisters.

Safin just defending his sister, what is he supposed to say, that he supports Wilander's comments?

No one really at fault here.

JolánGagó
07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
oh really? its a bit surprising for me, coz Kim doesn't seem to be so "brave" :p

click on the link :p

RicRoc
07-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Team Mats.;)
You can be WTA No.1 without winning a GS. You can be fat. You can scream like you are gangbanged...:rolleyes:

HattonWBA
Its the way he puts his opinion across that pisses me off and in this case obviously Marat is gonna be pissed off when his sister is getting slated, wilander should take the piss out of someone who has not go to three slam finals regardless of her poor performances in them. He is entitled to his opinion though.

Mimi
thanks, I did, after i posted my reply ;)

AsGoodAsNew
07-23-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't enjoy Wilander as a commentator due to his conspiratorial tone of voice and fake hushed but excited tones. it's not what he says but how he says it.

As for Marat he was voted by fans as one of the most popular players ever despite his perceived 'underachievement'. I certainly will miss him terribly when he retires.

For those that keep saying that players should just retire because they don't like them, well, once a player is gone we never get the chance to see them again and then realise how much they are missed. I can think of many examples. And I think Marat will be one of them.

AsGoodAsNew
07-23-2009, 11:05 AM

Which of course is a spoof!

denibas77
07-23-2009, 11:54 AM
You are kidding yourself if you think top sportspeople are humble, they aren't. Edberg wasn't humble, and he'd be the closest you'd get to a top humble tennis player. He never blamed injury or anything else when he lost and this is from a non-fan, but he deserved the Sportsmanship award named after him.

You're crying that Federer keeps getting the award. If what you say is true, then Sampras would have won it 6 years in a row, but didn't.
I'm not crying that he's receiving award he can receive in the next 10 years, my post are against Wilander attitude because he doesn't stand to his words.Sampras never was tallking to other players he was ignoring them he lived in his own strict circle ,he never was interested in I'm nice attitude and by the way Edberg retired in 1996 so he was playing in Sampras time and he was receiving that award

Action Jackson
07-23-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm not crying that he's receiving award he can receive in the next 10 years, my post are against Wilander attitude because he doesn't stand to his words.Sampras never was tallking to other players he was ignoring them he lived in his own strict circle ,he never was interested in I'm nice attitude and by the way Edberg retired in 1996 so he was playing in Sampras time and he was receiving that award

Why mention the award then, it's not relevant. Federer gets interviewed by Wilander. He said those comments about lacking balls and they are going to be out there, it's not like they got pulled, unlike when Federer accused Djokovic of faking injuries and that was removed from the original source.

He made the comments about the lack of balls, Federer responded, they dealt with it and moved on. It happens.

L James
07-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Wilander stating the facts and Safin sticking up for his little sister. Nothing to see here.

denibas77
07-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Why mention the award then, it's not relevant. Federer gets interviewed by Wilander. He said those comments about lacking balls and they are going to be out there, it's not like they got pulled, unlike when Federer accused Djokovic of faking injuries and that was removed from the original source.

He made the comments about the lack of balls, Federer responded, they dealt with it and moved on. It happens.

did you watch the interview,obvious you didn't He APPOLOGIZE FOR THE WORDS HE SAID 2006 AND HE SAID HE WAS WRONG THEN in the most sleazzy way, best show of what asslicking is. ENDE

mer
07-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Idealistic Marat considered him to be a friend.

I also think it was low. For an Asian culture it's huge insult to badmouth someone who is your friend no matter if that badmouthing had any truth in it.
I think it's actaully the first and only reason why Marat said what he said. If Wilander wasn't his coach and friend in the past Marat would't give a shit about what an ex-player or reporter said about Marat himself or about Dinara. Marat was pissed because he didn't expect from a friend and probably someone who knew Dinara well when she was a kid, such harsh comments.

guille&tati4life
07-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Safina has been terrible in slam finals, that is true.
But as for Wilander, embarassingly bad coach and embarassingly bad commentator. Of course Safin is doing nothing wrong in standing up for his sister.

Action Jackson
07-23-2009, 01:42 PM
did you watch the interview,obvious you didn't He APPOLOGIZE FOR THE WORDS HE SAID 2006 AND HE SAID HE WAS WRONG THEN in the most sleazzy way, best show of what asslicking is. ENDE

Considering I already addressed the point with my last statement and you are still whining about whether he will apologise to Safina.

He made the comments about the lack of balls, Federer responded, they dealt with it on air and moved on, is that hard for you to understand.

thrust
07-23-2009, 01:56 PM
I can understand both of them.

Doesn't matter if it the absolute truth or not, if your little sister is bashed like that, a big bro should step in and defend her.
That's what families do.

I hadn't seen Marat interfere much with Dinara's career to this point, so I'm actually glad to see how much he cares about her career and her feelings.

As for Wilander, I've always wondered whether he's just pissed off sometimes.
When he sees something negative on the court, he doesn't seem to embellish it or try to put a positive spin on it.

He always tells it like he sees it.
Very straightforward.
Sometimes that's refreshing, but other times he's come off very harsh to me.

I've only heard him commentate a few times in English as a spectator or a Eurosport contributor, so is that his English?
Or are Europeans generally like that??

I agree his take on Dinara wasn't too out of place.
She does need a major kick in the butt or her head.

Good post, though I would not kick Dinara in the head-LOL!! I am more upset at what Matt said, or supposedly said, about Rafa. I don't belive what he said. I know a seasoned, professional tennis photographer who told me that Rafa was one of the nicest players he ever met.

Manon
07-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Safina has been terrible in slam finals, that is true.
But as for Wilander, embarassingly bad coach and embarassingly bad commentator. Of course Safin is doing nothing wrong in standing up for his sister.

:worship: Thanks Paul.

Wilander was pain in the ass when he played, now he's Eurosport's pain in the ass. Even if he's right. He became 'expert' of all experts.

fast_clay
07-23-2009, 05:41 PM
i actually think brutal honesty is pretty much a requirement for moving a game up a level... if you wanna get through a difficult period, there is no use hiding and pretending it is something else or doesnt exist... marat should be thanking mats for doing a job he really owes to his sister to do himself...

mats wilander : helping the tennis population

CyBorg
07-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Mats said what he had to say. Marat said what he had to say. Nothing more to this.

As a commentator you can't hold back too much. As a sibling you also have to defend your own.

the graduate
07-23-2009, 05:54 PM
isnt thats what family is supposed to do stand up for each other ,he must admit his SISTER dINARA is a lousy no.1 losing 6-0 6-1 is just embarrassing for the WTA.

fast_clay
07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
As a commentator you can't hold back too much.

yeah... commentator need a style and it's adds a good balance to hear a bit of non-cliche... mats was not cliched... :lol:

Orysbestos
07-23-2009, 07:51 PM
isnt thats what family is supposed to do stand up for each other ,he must admit his SISTER dINARA is a lousy no.1 losing 6-0 6-1 is just embarrassing for the WTA.

Just like Federer at the French Open 2008.

Julio
07-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Mats is right. That's all. I'm sure that Dinara would be agree with him. What the fuck Marat is talking about ? He is not even able to be in the crowd when his sister plays a GS final.

Dougie
07-23-2009, 08:29 PM
As I said before, Mats only said what anyone can say about Dinara´s GS final performances. And that´s what Eurosport pays him for, not for being polite to Marat´s family.

Sheepy
07-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Wilander stating the facts and Safin sticking up for his little sister. Nothing to see here.

I think it's actaully the first and only reason why Marat said what he said. If Wilander wasn't his coach and friend in the past Marat would't give a shit about what an ex-player or reporter said about Marat himself or about Dinara. Marat was pissed because he didn't expect from a friend and probably someone who knew Dinara well when she was a kid, such harsh comments.

My thoughts exactly.

crude oil
07-24-2009, 02:41 AM
i think wilander could have worded it a little better considering it was on national television and that he has ties to safin.

but hey, the truth hurts i guess.

now, im just waiting for someone to have the guts to tell federer he isnt the GOAT because of his h-h against rafa.

Dirk
07-24-2009, 03:36 AM
He hasn't forgotten it? If he admitted he was shit and played without balls at Wimbledon, then that shows he was aware of the problem and mentally along with his game, not good enough to win there. He copped it then and took it, so it's not like it's case of dishing it out and not taking it. He hardly got the kudos when he won anything.

He did win a doubles title and is very proud of it. He had a few good runs at Wimbly...right? I know he lost to Mecir in the quarters the year Mecir was on fire at Wimbly.

Dirk
07-24-2009, 03:37 AM
i think wilander could have worded it a little better considering it was on national television and that he has ties to safin.

now, im just waiting for someone to have the guts to tell federer he isnt the GOAT because of his h-h against rafa.

That is a good point. It is hard for him to be GOAT when he has such a lopsided record against his rival but if he wins 3-4 more slams than it is irrelevant. We just have to wait and see how Roger's and Rafa's careers play out.

Lourdes
07-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Both are right. Just different approaches. Mats remains an ass.

swebright
07-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Dinara fights hard until the final. Before that, she would fight tooth and nail. I don't think she has been knocked out at early rounds during the past year. She needs a sports psychologist.

rwn
07-24-2009, 07:01 AM

Maybe someone will have the guts to tell Sampras the players from the Federer era are better because Safin, Hewitt and Federer beat him in 2000-2001 in slams.:p

guille&tati4life
07-24-2009, 11:09 AM

Wilander has already said that. He claimed (early this year, pre Roland Garros) that he couldn't be the greatest ever until he beat Nadal in a grand slam final again. This is the kind of nonsensical garbage that Willander comes out with on a regular basis. He argued that as he has a losing record against Nadal he needs to prove that he is the best by beating him in a slam final. He said something like how can he be the best of all time if he can't beat everyone in his time :confused:

1) In what way would victory over a certain player in a certain situation prove that you are the best?
2) I doubt there's a player who doesn't have a losing record against someone.
3) Why a quota of 3 slam final victories against Nadal would prove him to be GOAT but 2 victories fails I cannot understand at all.

guille&tati4life
07-24-2009, 11:24 AM
That is a good point. It is hard for him to be GOAT when he has such a lopsided record against his rival but if he wins 3-4 more slams than it is irrelevant. We just have to wait and see how Roger's and Rafa's careers play out.

If Nadal progressed more often on surfaces other than clay to the final that record would be very different. The h2h off of clay favours Federer, the reason they haven't had as many matches off of clay is that Nadal does not reach tournament finals off of clay with the regularity that Federer manages on clay.
I'm not sure what h2h records are supposed to show on judging the greatest of all time. Nadal has a losing record with Blake, Sampras had a losing record with Bastl, Laver had a losing record with Amritaj (apparently). So what?

the graduate
07-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Dinara is blood doping

HKz
07-24-2009, 06:33 PM
I mean you can either argue for or against Mats/Safin.. Obviously Safina has been honestly terrible in her Grand Slam semifinals and finals appearances after she steamrolls everyone from the first round. But while I do not like the WTA, it is quite harsh to trash talk someone's effort after reaching a good stage in a Grand Slam. I mean if he really dislikes people that badly about being unable to win, then why doesn't he shit talk about the 1000 players that can't even make the 1st round of a Grand Slam.. Not to mention, I think Mats is an idiot as a person off the court because say Dinara did defeat Kuznetsova at the French. He'll probably quickly turn it around and claim that Kuznetsova had a fucking terrible mental game and was horrible. It is almost as if he doesn't realize there is a loser and winner in every match and in order for him not to say anything, the score has to be 7/6, 6/7, 7/6, 6/7, 20/18 in order for him to consider that the loser did indeed have balls and didn't suck ass.

In my opinion, Wilander's jealousy comes from anyone who does better than his 3 terrible QFs apperances at Wimbledon and that Gilles Simon looks like him.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Matswilandercropped2.jpghttp://arras-france.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/gilles_simon.jpg

Zzzzzzz, why do you idiots continue with that shitty type of excuse. IF NADAL'S RECORD OVER FEDERER MEANS SO MUCH, THEN WHY DOES RAFAEL ALREADY COMPILE 10 LOSSES IN GRAND SLAMS SINCE HIS FIRST FRENCH OPEN TITLE AND ONLY HAVE 6 GRAND SLAMS WHILE FEDERER HAS COMPILED ONLY 10 LOSSES SINCE HIS FIRST WIMBLEDON TITLE AND NOW HAS 15 GRAND SLAMS??? If the head to head meant so fucking much, that would mean Rafalafa Nadull is a better tennis player overall than Roger Federer, yet who is the one winning the majority of the slams still? Makes absolutely no sense. The fact is, Federer's losses mainly come off clay to one of the all time greats of clay. He is still ahead on other surfaces overall. If you really believe that comment you make is true, then why doesn't the ATP kick out the 1000 other players on the ATP because obviously someone's career is decided on how good they play against Nadal which would mean that Roger's losses against Safin and Djokovic are unimportant and Nadal's losses to Tsonga, Soderling, Murray, Ferrer, Gonzalez, Youzhny, etc in Grand Slams mean absolutely nothing too. Last time I fucking checked, it takes 7 wins over 7 DIFFERENT players to win a Grand Slam, not 7 wins over 7 Rafalafa Nadulls. If Nadull was the one stopping Roger Federer to be even considered the best of this era, then where does that stand Rafalafa in your mind? Is he the best of this era with only 6 Grand Slams to Federer's 15?

Fucking think. Maybe you'll get somewhere in life.

MacTheKnife
07-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Funny, I actually posted those two on the Look A Like thread.

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5229/simonwilander.png

Burrow
07-24-2009, 11:28 PM
well done on having bad eye sight, then

HKz
07-24-2009, 11:42 PM
well done on having bad eye sight, then

Shh churro

Action Jackson
07-25-2009, 02:24 AM
Shh churro

He is right, they look nothing alike.

Action Jackson
07-25-2009, 02:25 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200301/s765786.htm

Aussie coach threatens to fight McEnroe

Australian tennis coach Brent Larkham threatened to punch tennis great John McEnroe over remarks he made during his Australian Open television commentary, according to a report on Sunday.

Larkham was incensed over comments McEnroe made during the broadcast of his brother Todd's second round match with world number one Lleyton Hewitt on Thursday.

Larkham offered to settle the issue with McEnroe outside the stadium because he felt the American tennis legend made insulting, derisive remarks about Todd Larkham, the Sunday Herald Sun newspaper said.

"I asked him if he wanted to back up his big mouth with a bit of action out in the car park, but he didn't want to," Larkham was quoted by the newspaper.

"He wouldn't justify what he said other than to say he gets paid to do a job and he calls it the way he sees it."

Hewitt savaged the 235-ranked qualifier 6-1, 6-0, 6-1 in a blistering 74 minutes on Rod Laver Arena centre court.

McEnroe said he did not believe the match deserved to be played on centre court and criticised some of Larkham's playing as "pitiful".

Todd Larkham said he felt McEnroe's comments ignored some aspects of his playing record and was hurt by the comments.

"It's fine to be critical of my game, if that's what he wants, and I'm okay with that," he told the paper.

"But when he gets personal, that's where it is wrong."

fast_clay
07-25-2009, 02:46 AM
bring back the biff...

when you need a job done, get it done aussie style... in the car park...

MacTheKnife
07-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Larkham offered to settle the issue with McEnroe outside the stadium because he felt the American tennis legend made insulting, derisive remarks about Todd Larkham, the Sunday Herald Sun newspaper said.

McEnroe making insulting and derisive remarks.. never.. :haha:

FedFan_2007
07-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Mats is a dickhead, I'm sure he's regretting his "Federer has no balls" comment.

JolánGagó
07-25-2009, 06:11 AM
Zzzzzzz, why do you idiots continue with that shitty type of excuse. IF NADAL'S RECORD OVER FEDERER MEANS SO MUCH, THEN WHY DOES RAFAEL ALREADY COMPILE 10 LOSSES IN GRAND SLAMS SINCE HIS FIRST FRENCH OPEN TITLE AND ONLY HAVE 6 GRAND SLAMS WHILE FEDERER HAS COMPILED ONLY 10 LOSSES SINCE HIS FIRST WIMBLEDON TITLE AND NOW HAS 15 GRAND SLAMS??? If the head to head meant so fucking much, that would mean Rafalafa Nadull is a better tennis player overall than Roger Federer, yet who is the one winning the majority of the slams still? Makes absolutely no sense. The fact is, Federer's losses mainly come off clay to one of the all time greats of clay. He is still ahead on other surfaces overall. If you really believe that comment you make is true, then why doesn't the ATP kick out the 1000 other players on the ATP because obviously someone's career is decided on how good they play against Nadal which would mean that Roger's losses against Safin and Djokovic are unimportant and Nadal's losses to Tsonga, Soderling, Murray, Ferrer, Gonzalez, Youzhny, etc in Grand Slams mean absolutely nothing too. Last time I fucking checked, it takes 7 wins over 7 DIFFERENT players to win a Grand Slam, not 7 wins over 7 Rafalafa Nadulls. If Nadull was the one stopping Roger Federer to be even considered the best of this era, then where does that stand Rafalafa in your mind? Is he the best of this era with only 6 Grand Slams to Federer's 15?

Fucking think. Maybe you'll get somewhere in life.

why is this mentally impaired clown still unbanned?

Burrow
07-25-2009, 06:16 AM
to be honest, you're a complete dick mate.

JolánGagó
07-25-2009, 06:17 AM
no kidding :eek:

Bargearse
07-25-2009, 06:36 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200301/s765786.htm

Aussie coach threatens to fight McEnroe

McEnroe said he did not believe the match deserved to be played on centre court and criticised some of Larkham's playing as "pitiful".

Perhaps the 'pitiful' comments were below the belt, but the comment about the match being played on centre court was spot on. Another match, Tomic vs Muller was played on Rod Laver as well which was ridiculous. If I had tickets to Rod Laver that night I would have demanded a refund. Hewitt has more of a right to be there than the others, but because of his low ranking at the time, he and Larkham should have been on an outside court.

Commentators these days have to tread carefully so as not to offend anyone... they can't call it like they see it anymore. :sad: People want to take it outside.

There should be a virtual carpark outside the General Messages forum where tards, clowns and the like can take their verbal spats to another level.

HKz
07-25-2009, 08:46 AM
why is this mentally impaired clown still unbanned?

I obviously don't break any rules except for a little excessive swearing, and if I did, 99% of MTF, including you, would be gone as well because I know I don't swear on the forums as nearly as certain regulars do. Not to mention, I actually say worthwhile and thought through things unlike you.

to be honest, you're a complete dick mate.

yes, carry on with your 1000 word novels that nobody reads you cock

You should go out an actually play tennis, it is a great stress reliever and maybe you'll actually understand 1% of the game :confused: Don't cry now mate.

By the way, maybe people read my 1000 word novels. Every hour my "User CP" has a new positive comment about how I'm one of the few here that apparently play tennis and actually understands anything and that I'm not here for the trash talking of certain players or members, and that I actually make sense. Fail much.

He is right, they look nothing alike.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Matswilandercropped2.jpghttp://arras-france.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/gilles_simon.jpg

They probably don't look exactly alike especially when Wilander has long hair, but there are many comparable pictures that they both have that can be a very close match like the one I'm showing. Honestly, when I was looking at the comparison, all my tennis roommates were also shocked to notice the similarities, and yes they know both Wilander and Simon.

Vida
07-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Safin would've pulverized Mats in a fight, as would Larkham McEnroe.

Burrow
07-25-2009, 03:09 PM
I obviously don't break any rules except for a little excessive swearing, and if I did, 99% of MTF, including you, would be gone as well because I know I don't swear on the forums as nearly as certain regulars do. Not to mention, I actually say worthwhile and thought through things unlike you.

You should go out an actually play tennis, it is a great stress reliever and maybe you'll actually understand 1% of the game :confused: Don't cry now mate.

By the way, maybe people read my 1000 word novels. Every hour my "User CP" has a new positive comment about how I'm one of the few here that apparently play tennis and actually understands anything and that I'm not here for the trash talking of certain players or members, and that I actually make sense. Fail much.

They probably don't look exactly alike especially when Wilander has long hair, but there are many comparable pictures that they both have that can be a very close match like the one I'm showing. Honestly, when I was looking at the comparison, all my tennis roommates were also shocked to notice the similarities, and yes they know both Wilander and Simon.

Don't have stress to relieve and I can't play due to injury as of the last two years but I could probably bet anything I'd be able to beat you easily.

You're not here for the trash talking of certain members? well you "trash talked" me and you "trash talk" nadal any time you post by calling him "nadull" and bang on about this and in general, hate him, so you're a hypocrite, your signature says it all big boy.

and about your user cp...

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/3/35479/46_2007/OhLawd.jpg

HKz
07-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Don't have stress to relieve and I can't play due to injury as of the last two years but I could probably bet anything I'd be able to beat you easily.

You're not here for the trash talking of certain members? well you "trash talked" me and you "trash talk" nadal any time you post by calling him "nadull" and bang on about this and in general, hate him, so you're a hypocrite, your signature says it all big boy.

and about your user cp...

Sorry I hurt your feelings about Nadal since you're a fangirl. And don't bs me with injuries and crap, you obviously aren't the better athlete if the injury hinders your body that bad, you must be a klutz with no footwork. Trust me, you wouldn't be able to defeat me.

Again in nearly all my posts I talk about how much I respect Rafalafa Nadull, who is probably in my top 20 favorite players of all time, so I don't know where you get the idea that I hate him so much that I just say he sucks. Never once have I said Nadull sucks. I dare you to find a post where I blatantly suggest that he shouldn't have been where he is. All my signature says is how he is hyped to be the greatest fighter, which obviously isn't true, give that shit to Becker or Krickstein. I'm sorry that I hurt your soft heart and my words actually offended your little ego. If you flip out over this, I'd really want to see what is left in your mental game on court, LOL, because boy, I would be able to piss you off so easily on court.

Action Jackson
07-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Safin would've pulverized Mats in a fight, as would Larkham McEnroe.

Safin would beat most tennis people in a fight.

GrosjeantheGreat
07-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Larkham's dad soundz like a redneck. Describing Larkham as 'pitiful' iz kind.
'Hewitt's 'lil bitch' would have been more appropriate.

alfonsojose
07-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Safin forum please :shrug: :zzz:

Burrow
07-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Sorry I hurt your feelings about Nadal since you're a fangirl. And don't bs me with injuries and crap, you obviously aren't the better athlete if the injury hinders your body that bad, you must be a klutz with no footwork. Trust me, you wouldn't be able to defeat me.

Again in nearly all my posts I talk about how much I respect Rafalafa Nadull, who is probably in my top 20 favorite players of all time, so I don't know where you get the idea that I hate him so much that I just say he sucks. Never once have I said Nadull sucks. I dare you to find a post where I blatantly suggest that he shouldn't have been where he is. All my signature says is how he is hyped to be the greatest fighter, which obviously isn't true, give that shit to Becker or Krickstein. I'm sorry that I hurt your soft heart and my words actually offended your little ego. If you flip out over this, I'd really want to see what is left in your mental game on court, LOL, because boy, I would be able to piss you off so easily on court.

So guys like Ivanisevic, Rusedski, Philippousis and Haas are all poor athletes because they have had multiple shoulder problems. Makes a lot of sense.

Shows a lot of respect by calling him "Nadull" every time you utter his name, mhmm...
Take a little look at your signature, basically says he isn't a great fighter with heart if he has retired in a few matches, yes, because he should still participate with an injury with could potentially be prolonged.

I've never really been intimidated by an opponent or have shown provoked anger due to antics by a little boring drama queen at the other side of the net, so I doubt you'd have any effect whatsoever. :)

And little guy, I'm very impressed by your failed attempt of trying to get under my skin, stating that you've "hurt" me. Are you kidding me, mate? :lol:

Fangirl of Nadal? :rolls:

Really shows your ignorance...:o

And mate, with eye sight like yours, I doubt you'd be able to find your way to the tennis court, never mind be able to knock a ball back to me. :haha:

nsidhan
07-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Wilander is an asshole. Next time Marat should just pretend that Mats' comments don't bother him. Play it cool. But I guess it is too late.

Mimi
07-28-2009, 05:00 AM
So guys like Ivanisevic, Rusedski, Philippousis and Haas are all poor athletes because they have had multiple shoulder problems. Makes a lot of sense.

Shows a lot of respect by calling him "Nadull" every time you utter his name, mhmm...
Take a little look at your signature, basically says he isn't a great fighter with heart if he has retired in a few matches, yes, because he should still participate with an injury with could potentially be prolonged.

I've never really been intimidated by an opponent or have shown provoked anger due to antics by a little boring drama queen at the other side of the net, so I doubt you'd have any effect whatsoever. :)

And little guy, I'm very impressed by your failed attempt of trying to get under my skin, stating that you've "hurt" me. Are you kidding me, mate? :lol:

Fangirl of Nadal? :rolls:

Really shows your ignorance...:o

And mate, with eye sight like yours, I doubt you'd be able to find your way to the tennis court, never mind be able to knock a ball back to me. :haha:

HKz may think rafa is not the greatest fighter ever as there are others who he thinks are greater than rafa, but it is also laughable that he just based on a few of rafa's withdrawals and come to the conclusion that he is not a great figher :rolleyes:

A very fair post from you who obviously does not like Rafa ;), the good rep i gave you was worthy ;)