Hamburg R2 : Navarro def. Robredo 7-5 7-6 (2) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hamburg R2 : Navarro def. Robredo 7-5 7-6 (2)

Action Jackson
07-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Great result for the serve/volleyer.

rhinooooo
07-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Vamos. Excellent result. Choked when serving for it at 5-4, but that tiebreak looks decisive.

Robredo always has a problem against the net rushers.

Action Jackson
07-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Yes, surprised he held on after not serving out the match, but good for Ivan and also never a bad day when Boredo loses.

He doesn't like the net rushers too much who take away his time.

Nidhogg
07-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Good thing Ivan won despite not managing to serve it out at 5-4. The bottom half draw is quite open as Davydenko hasn't exactly hit his groove lately. Monaco might go deep.

Har-Tru
07-21-2009, 01:44 PM
lol Boredo. :lol:

Ferrero Forever
07-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Oh what? How on earth did Navarro win this one? I don't get it.

Goldenoldie
07-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Can somebody tell me what happened to Navarro-Pastor? Why the change?

Sheva
07-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Well done Ivan! Really love to see him play. His unique style is great to watch.

Boredo already played awful last week in that semi against Monaco. Normally he loves these non master series clay events. Really poor result!

Action Jackson
07-21-2009, 01:51 PM
He dropped the Pastor. Spanish and Portuguese have two surnames. Just like Rafael Nadal Parera.

Har-Tru
07-21-2009, 01:54 PM
He didn't drop the Pastor, it's just the second surname isn't normally used, it's sort of like the middle name in English speaking countries. Funny that it's used a lot in women, I take it cause you ignorant foreigners think it's the married and maiden name.

habibko
07-21-2009, 01:55 PM
tennis is the winner.

Action Jackson
07-21-2009, 01:57 PM
He didn't drop the Pastor, it's just the second surname isn't normally used, it's sort of like the middle name in English speaking countries. Funny that it's used a lot in women, I take it cause you ignorant foreigners think it's the married and maiden name.

Well if he doesn't use the Pastor, like he did for the 10 years on the tour, then he dropped it from usage on the ATP.

Just like Marcel Granollers-Pujol, the Pujol isn't used now and recently Daniel Gimeno isn't using the Traver.

Har-Tru
07-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Well if he doesn't use the Pastor, like he did for the 10 years on the tour, then he dropped it from usage on the ATP.

Just like Marcel Granollers-Pujol, the Pujol isn't used now and recently Daniel Gimeno isn't using the Traver.

but is it them using it or just the ATP and press? I mean officially they must state their full name, but so does Nadal and no one calls him Nadal Parera.

Gimeno maybe doesn't want to be related to Andrés.

Action Jackson
07-21-2009, 02:02 PM
but is it them using it or just the ATP and press? I mean officially they must state their full name, but so does Nadal and no one calls him Nadal Parera.

Gimeno maybe doesn't want to be related to Andrés.

If they didn't agree to it, then it would like Ramirez-Hidalgo.

Har-Tru
07-21-2009, 02:04 PM
If they didn't agree to it, then it would like Ramirez-Hidalgo.

what?

rocketassist
07-21-2009, 02:19 PM
My favourite match up in tennis is S & V vs Boredo. :D

scarecrows
07-21-2009, 02:37 PM
fantastic

Action Jackson
07-21-2009, 02:40 PM
what?

What don't you get? Some of the players use both names and others don't. If they don't, then it will be like Lopez-Jaen, Ramirez-Hidalgo, Muñoz de la Nava.

philosophicalarf
07-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Deeply uncharacteristic last two losses for Robredo (at least the performance against Monaco was) - I wonder if he some off court issues.

HattonWBA
07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Whats happening to Robredo.
Pere Riba Madrid is also now called just Pere Riba

ballbasher101
07-21-2009, 05:19 PM
tennis is the winner.

A truly great day for tennis.

fast_clay
07-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Tommy Robredo is now a solid top 75 player... if the tour knew how to volley this would've happened some time ago...

Sapeod
07-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Tommy :sad: Mug season this. Are none of the top 20 willing to perform at the moment, bar Soderling?

Har-Tru
07-21-2009, 08:01 PM
What don't you get? Some of the players use both names and others don't. If they don't, then it will be like Lopez-Jaen, Ramirez-Hidalgo, Muñoz de la Nava.

Yeah but what I don't know is to which extent it is their choice or just the ATP and the press randomly using both or just one. I thought you said Ramirez-Hidalgo had said he wanted both.

Henry Chinaski
07-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah but what I don't know is to which extent it is their choice or just the ATP and the press randomly using both or just one. I thought you said Ramirez-Hidalgo had said he wanted both.

yeah i posted a thread on this before.

I think when they start out the tennis authorities (whether it be in Spain or internationally) just take the name that appears on their official documents which will have the 2 surnames.

If they want to be known officially by just one they probably have to request it specifically and it regularly seems to happen when the player notches a few notable results and rises in the rankings. That appears to suggest the ATP ignores them when they're nobodies but takes notice when they start appearing in bigger tournaments.

Serenidad
07-21-2009, 09:44 PM
If you just even act like you're coming to net against Robredo, you'll win.

You don't even need a racquet in your hands.

ChinoRios4Ever
07-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Navarro-Pastor beat Robredo-Garces :eek:

No pudiste Tommy :sad:

GlennMirnyi
07-21-2009, 10:48 PM
It's always a great day when Boredo loses.

Arkulari
07-22-2009, 12:57 AM
yeah i posted a thread on this before.

I think when they start out the tennis authorities (whether it be in Spain or internationally) just take the name that appears on their official documents which will have the 2 surnames.

If they want to be known officially by just one they probably have to request it specifically and it regularly seems to happen when the player notches a few notable results and rises in the rankings. That appears to suggest the ATP ignores them when they're nobodies but takes notice when they start appearing in bigger tournaments.

people in Spain and in Latin America uses both surnames (from mom and dad), but you can choose to use only one to be called, though in all your legal documents both surnames appear :shrug:

For example, Rafa uses only Nadal, but in his documents appear Nadal Parera and so on :p

Muñoz de la Nava is a single surname AFAIK, very common in the nobility but not so much in the commoners right now, like for example the surname Fernández de Córdoba (the Medinacelli Ducal Family) :p

malisha
07-22-2009, 10:47 AM
nice

leng jai
07-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Deeply uncharacteristic last two losses for Robredo (at least the performance against Monaco was) - I wonder if he some off court issues.

He has always had serious on court issues eg. being a shit ****.

Har-Tru
07-22-2009, 12:58 PM
wow poor Boredo gets so flamed in here it's not even funny. :lol: no wait it is...

CooCooCachoo
07-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Tommy :help: :o Bad loss.