Introduction thread for Marin fans! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Introduction thread for Marin fans!

Pepi.
07-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Hello :wavey:

Im Fiorella but you can call me Pepi or Ella, 17 y.o from Uruguay but now I live in Spain.
Marin fan since 2007 I think :p
I like many players but he's my #1.

oranges
07-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Good idea Ella :wavey:

I'm Sandra. I'm from Croatia so it was easy to spot him early, think he was 17, so around 2005. It immediately impressed me how much he was making progress from one match to the other I would see. Love the aggressive game, and the usually calm demeanor is a nice contrast to some of my other favorite guys :lol: Seen him live for the first time this year in Zagreb, it's even more impressive, both the strokes and the ease with which he moves, it seems impossible seeing him so tall.

Pepi.
07-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Hi Sandra :wavey:
wow, you're so lucky :) I havent seen him live yet.
Will you to the Davis Cup?

oranges
07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
It depends where it will be, but it's out of the season so perhaps I'll be able to afford it even if it's somewhere on the coast where I don't have anyone to visit :lol: Tickets are not a problem, but accommodation was beyond me for Poreč and it's not close enough for a daily trip. (Perhaps that explains the guy they were showing sleeping like a log throughout Marin's match with Blake :lol:)

laura-DSandMC
07-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Good idea Pepi :)
So my name is Laura from France (Paris) I am a Cilic fan since 2007, I think. I saw him many times last year for the Master of Paris and this year in Roland Garros and I agree he is tall !! And like you Pepi, he is my n°1 :D

laura-DSandMC
07-21-2009, 07:20 PM
and nice to meet you Sandra :) and Pepi of course :p

-junie-
07-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Hi everyone :wavey:
I'm a very new fan of Marin: I was impressed after Wimbledon so I've gone back and watched a few of his matches from previous years. I hope he breaks the top ten soon and has a long, long, successful career :angel:

laura-DSandMC
07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
welcome :)

Pepi.
07-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Good idea Pepi :)
So my name is Laura from France (Paris) I am a Cilic fan since 2007, I think. I saw him many times last year for the Master of Paris and this year in Roland Garros and I agree he is tall !! And like you Pepi, he is my n°1 :D

thanks Laura :D
are you going to the Master of Paris again?
yeah :p we have the same #1s Dinara and Marin :inlove:

Pepi.
07-22-2009, 07:44 PM
and nice to meet you Sandra :) and Pepi of course :p

Nice to meet you too :p
It always nice to see you in Dinara's and Marin's forums :D

Pepi.
07-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone :wavey:
I'm a very new fan of Marin: I was impressed after Wimbledon so I've gone back and watched a few of his matches from previous years. I hope he breaks the top ten soon and has a long, long, successful career :angel:

Hello, whats your name? :)

Welcome to his forum :wavey: its nice to have new members :p
I hope that too :angel: top ten here we go!

Pepi.
07-22-2009, 07:48 PM
It depends where it will be, but it's out of the season so perhaps I'll be able to afford it even if it's somewhere on the coast where I don't have anyone to visit :lol: Tickets are not a problem, but accommodation was beyond me for Poreč and it's not close enough for a daily trip. (Perhaps that explains the guy they were showing sleeping like a log throughout Marin's match with Blake :lol:)

:lol: You're so lucky then :) I'd love to go to semis :D but its impossible :lol:
Are the tickets cheap?

laura-DSandMC
07-22-2009, 08:26 PM
thanks Laura :D
are you going to the Master of Paris again?
yeah :p we have the same #1s Dinara and Marin :inlove:

Yes I think Im going again this year :rolleyes:

Dinara and Marin Fans Forever :p

laura-DSandMC
07-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Nice to meet you too :p
It always nice to see you in Dinara's and Marin's forums :D

-junie-
07-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Hello, whats your name? :)

Welcome to his forum :wavey: its nice to have new members :p
I hope that too :angel: top ten here we go!

Thanks for the welcome! I go by Junie since my first name is rather unique :scratch:

It's nice to see Dinara getting some appreciation. I hope she wins a GS soon.

laura-DSandMC
07-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I go by Junie since my first name is rather unique :scratch:

We hope too :angel:

Pepi.
07-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Yes I think Im going again this year :rolleyes:

Dinara and Marin Fans Forever :p

great :bounce: when is it?
hope you see him again :D

okat, so Junie then :D

I hope that too :awww: hopefully the USO :angel:

laura-DSandMC
07-24-2009, 01:17 PM
great :bounce: when is it?
hope you see him again :D

I think in november :)

Pepi.
07-25-2009, 06:54 PM
oh and Are the tickets expensive?

laura-DSandMC
07-26-2009, 05:30 PM
yes a little because it's a master :(

Pepi.
07-26-2009, 10:31 PM
oh :(
are you going the first day? or will you go the whole week?

TiggerAngel
07-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Hello, my name is Catherine and I have been a Cilic fan since he played Tim at Queens - even though I am english. :)

-junie-
07-29-2009, 10:40 PM
^ Hi Catherine :wavey:

safinafan
07-29-2009, 11:09 PM
hi, laura, fiorella, junie, katie and all the girls, great idea fiorella ;)
my name is michele, I'm from brazil and I love Marin and dinara too :lol: every marin fan is a dinara fan too!!!

I watch marin since 2006, I think and he is one of the sweetest players I admire
and he got all the qualities to be a number one, I hope he gets there

Sretno marin and nice to meet you :wavey:

oranges
07-30-2009, 06:53 AM
every marin fan is a dinara fan too!!!

I'm not, but I'm a fan of her brother, does that count ;)

Welcome everyone :wavey:

Pepi.
08-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Hello, my name is Catherine and I have been a Cilic fan since he played Tim at Queens - even though I am english. :)

Hello Catherine :D
Welcome to Marin's forum :D

hi, laura, fiorella, junie, katie and all the girls, great idea fiorella ;)
my name is michele, I'm from brazil and I love Marin and dinara too :lol: every marin fan is a dinara fan too!!!

I watch marin since 2006, I think and he is one of the sweetest players I admire
and he got all the qualities to be a number one, I hope he gets there

Sretno marin and nice to meet you :wavey:

Hello Michele :wavey: Nice to meet you too

Marin and Dinara :worship: :inlove:

laura-DSandMC
08-03-2009, 07:55 PM
welcome catherine :)

Sound
10-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Ello' My name is Brad :wavey: I posted here a few times some months back if anyone remembers :speakles: Great to see Marin starting to turn his talent into success recently.

oranges
10-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Hello Brad, good to see you back :wavey:

watchdogfish
01-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi guys :wavey:

I don't normally post on MTF but thought I'd introduce myself in Marin's forum as he's my favourite "young" player :p

My name is Kate and I'm from the UK. I've seen some of Marin's matches over the past few years but became a real fan of his when I saw him playing live in 2008 :p Then when I saw him again last year he was super nice to a group of about 12 kids who had watched him for ages at his practice session, which made me like him even more :awww:

He seems very grounded and is improving all the time. I hope over the next few years he'll be talked about as a true grand slam contender, not just as a dark horse. He's not doing bad so far! :bounce:

linus
01-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi Kate :wavey:

Good to meet you here :hug: Marin is indeed a nice guy, not for camera, that is him :angel: He knows clearly what he should do and it needs hard work and some luck :aplot: well, we pray more luck for him :D

BTW... your avator is so cool :cool:

erica
01-26-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm sure you will have a lot of bandwagoners around this forum soon, but I thought I'd still introduce myself.

I'm not exactly a new fan, altho I can't remember exactly how long I've followed Marin. I remember seeing him live at the 2007 St Petersburg Open, but not paying much attention to him, unfortunately. I have learned my lesson.. ;)
I've lurked in the forum in the past, but I'm not too active on MTF, so I've never posted before. But now is a good time to start, right? So.. my name is Anna-Erica, I'm 21 years old, from Finland. I study Serbian at university, so I'm more than happy to practice my Croatian too! :p

linus
01-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Thank you Anna coming here to be with us, and Marin :cool:

Pepi.
01-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Welcome Kate and Anna :D
Hope you have fun with us!

oranges
01-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Welcome and have fun :wavey:

I'm Sandra, BTW :D

Sound
01-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Hiya Kate :wavey: you know me, resistance :p and Anna welcome :wavey:

I've been holding off from posting cos' the last time I did post in Mikhail's forum he withdrew from the AO with a injury :( So ofcourse I thought it was all because of me :rolleyes: Now Marin in a slam SF is to exciting to pass :D hopefully me posting here will not be bad luck :unsure:

Nr 1 Fan
02-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi, I'm a new member of the forum and fan of Cilic.
I'm following himů since I saw him playing at Queens a few years ago (beating Henman).
I was really happy to see him do so well at the AO, I particularly enjoyed his match with Del Potro.

Mar3
02-02-2010, 07:45 AM
I particularly enjoyed his match with Del Potro.

Same here.:devil:

BTW,Im also new here.Hi everyone~:wavey:

australka
02-02-2010, 09:02 AM
hello everyone my name is ana i live in australia melbourne. my background is croatian. i have been a fan of marin since he won the rolland garros juniours i think it was in 2005??? i watch him every year at the australian open. this year was of course very exciting for me, croatians in australia and croatians all over the world, as he was the first croatian player to reach the semis at the aussie open. i look forward to watching and hearing about his success this year :)

hhigh01
03-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey!
My name is Hannah and I've been a Marin fan since I started following tennis (Which was Wimbledon last year :D)
x

Baghdatis#1
03-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Hi guys! :wavey:
My name is Andrew and I've been a fan of Marin since Wimbledon last year :)