A few questions about the fixing issue [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

A few questions about the fixing issue

Caio_Brasil
07-20-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm not a gambler and don't intend to be, so these questions may sound stupid to those who are. Anyway, I want to understand better how this shit works and why nothing can be done, so if some posters who actually understand about it explained to me it would be appreciated.

1-How those odds pattern changing works? I see that what shows that a match is fixed is the underdog or the player who is losing having low odds to win. Is it about amount of money staked in there?

2-How can the bookies change the odds so fastly so it shows that it's a fix? In the Kim-Istomin case I read here the odds were dropping/skyrocketing from game to game.

3-Why do we have constant fixing allegations on MTF, almost every week I suppose, and almost nothing reported on the media (maybe it's reported and I don't know, but at least in Brazilian websites and in those that I check I never see anything)? Is it fixing paranoid from MTF posters, media can't accuse anybody or everybody pretends nothing happens?

4-ATP is blamed here of doing nothing to stop this. What could they actually do?

5-Maybe it's not possible to answer this one, but how do the players profit with the fixes? Do they bet themselves (I suppose they don't, of course)? Do players' relatives bet for them? Are they part of a big mafia that profit with it and give some part of the trash to them?

6-Do you gamblers of MTF bet in the likely winner when you know in advance that it's a fixed match?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Caio_Brasil
07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
There was no response at my first try but I will give it another shot.

Can someone please answer some of these questions? I want to understand this better.

malisha
07-28-2009, 10:08 PM
1. yes it is about money
2. odds drop at different speed at every match
3.there is a thread on GM about fixing @shotgun posted a site about fixes there
4.its hard to prove anything.they cant do much
5.i suppose they are not doing it for free...they are paid and with big money

sorry for my poor english

GlennMirnyi
07-29-2009, 12:21 AM
One thing's for sure.

MVA is a fixer.