Will Murray pass Rafa in the rankings before/after the USO? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Murray pass Rafa in the rankings before/after the USO?

ORGASMATRON
07-20-2009, 10:31 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2009/07/Shark-Bites-Federer-Has-Hold-On-Number-One.aspx

Of the top 3, Fed(2360) have the least points to defend untill after the USO, while Rafa(3150) has the most. Murray(2860) have a good chance to pass Rafa after the USO, or even before. What do you think will happen?

angry1
07-20-2009, 10:40 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2009/07/Shark-Bites-Federer-Has-Hold-On-Number-One.aspx

Of the top 3, Fed(2360) have the least points to defend untill after the USO, while Rafa(3150) has the most. Murray(2860) have a good chance to pass Rafa after the USO, or even before. What do you think will happen?

I don't think he will,but only an idiot would dismiss the possibility out of hand.

I assumed you meant immediately after the USO when answering.If you mean at anytime afterwards I'll reconsider.

FedEXpress91
07-20-2009, 10:44 PM
wasn't there a discussion a few months back of murray and possibly djoker passing fed in the rankings and how nadal was the certain number 1, my how times change. Anyways as to the question i can't see nadal being supplanted by murray, even though he has a lot of points to defend so does murray but i see rafa doing better this year during the US open series and earning more points than murray. I see the year end number 1 coming down to the wire this year with fed and nadal and it possibly being decided by the TMC.

Sapeod
07-20-2009, 10:45 PM
I think he will pass him eventually, be it before or after the US Open.
Hey Ruanz. You're back :wavey:

Clydey
07-20-2009, 10:52 PM
wasn't there a discussion a few months back of murray and possibly djoker passing fed in the rankings and how nadal was the certain number 1, my how times change. Anyways as to the question i can't see nadal being supplanted by murray, even though he has a lot of points to defend so does murray but i see rafa doing better this year during the US open series and earning more points than murray. I see the year end number 1 coming down to the wire this year with fed and nadal and it possibly being decided by the TMC.

I think Murray passes him if he outperforms Rafa in Montreal. I may be wrong, but I think that's how it stands.

MatchFederer
07-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I think Murray passes him if he outperforms Rafa in Montreal. I may be wrong, but I think that's how it stands.

I reckon that is quite likely to happen.

FedEXpress91
07-20-2009, 10:54 PM

hmm well rafa has to defend the 1000 points as champ and murray only made the semis there, but then murray has to defend cinci and rafa only made the semis there and then of course murray has to defend the runner up points from USO while nadal has to defend the semi points, the one big advantage i will say is that 790 point differential in the olympic points coming off will be huge for murray if he is going to surpass nadal.

Clydey
07-20-2009, 10:55 PM
I reckon that is quite likely to happen.

Dude, enough with the cute avatars. What are you trying to do to me?

ORGASMATRON
07-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I think he will pass him eventually, be it before or after the US Open.
Hey Ruanz. You're back :wavey:

Hey Sapeod, got banned for 2 months lol. Gave me a new perspective on this place :wavey:

angry1
07-20-2009, 11:01 PM

According to people I trust, he needs 236 more points than Rafa to pass him at Montreal.Assuming Rafa's fit it probably amounts to much the same thing.S.F to Q/F wouldn't be enough,anything further on would.

ORGASMATRON
07-20-2009, 11:15 PM

Yeah i remember that discussion. It shows you what MTF is all about doesnt it? Anyway i dont agree with you much. How will Rafa do better in this years USO series lol. Murray wil definitely make up points during the USO series. As for the nr 1 spot year end, its already been decided.

pesto
07-20-2009, 11:19 PM
I think if Rafa goes out in R16 or before in Montreal, Andy needs to get to SF to pass him.

If Andy gets to the final in Montreal, Rafa needs to beat him in the final to stay ahead.

And then things are still up in the air the following week in Cincy.

superslam77
07-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Hey Sapeod, got banned for 2 months lol. Gave me a new perspective on this place :wavey:

wtf you guys get banned too much. Learn from me, i can troll in subtle ways without being a jerk or getting banned ;)

FedEXpress91
07-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Yeah i remember that discussion. It shows you what MTF is all about doesnt it? Anyway i dont agree with you much. How will Rafa do better in this years USO series lol. Murray wil definitely make up points during the USO series. As for the nr 1 spot year end, its already been decided.

how has the year end number 1 already been decided? i mean if fed doesn't defend his title at USO he's gonna lose quite a bit of points and if say nadal wins it then all of a sudden its a very close race again and the master tournaments and the TMC could possibly decide the year end number 1.

ORGASMATRON
07-21-2009, 12:19 AM
wtf you guys get banned too much. Learn from me, i can troll in subtle ways without being a jerk or getting banned ;)

Well after 2 months ban i noticed what a mug forum this place is, so now i cant take anyone seriously anymore.

how has the year end number 1 already been decided? i mean if fed doesn't defend his title at USO he's gonna lose quite a bit of points and if say nadal wins it then all of a sudden its a very close race again and the master tournaments and the TMC could possibly decide the year end number 1.

Those 2 events is an impossibility. Roger will have the USO for dessert and Rafa wont pass the quarters. You heard it here first. I was right in the FO and Wimby, just check my blog, and i will be right here again. Im way too smart for this place.

Fiberlight1
07-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Well after 2 months ban i noticed what a mug forum this place is, so now i cant take anyone seriously anymore.

Those 2 events is an impossibility. Roger will have the USO for dessert and Rafa wont pass the quarters. You heard it here first. I was right in the FO and Wimby, just check my blog, and i will be right here again. Im way too smart for this place.

You were right because you're a delusional Fedtard.. among other things, such as his lack of real competition.

Good to have you back though.

As for the question.. Definitely possible. We'll have to see how Rafa's knees are and if he is 100%. If he's 100% it will certainly be interesting.

ORGASMATRON
07-21-2009, 12:59 AM
You were right because you're a delusional Fedtard.. among other things, such as his lack of real competition.

Good to have you back though.

As for the question.. Definitely possible. We'll have to see how Rafa's knees are and if he is 100%. If he's 100% it will certainly be interesting.

:confused:

Florida
07-21-2009, 12:25 PM
I think if Rafa goes out in R16 or before in Montreal, Andy needs to get to SF to pass him.

If Andy gets to the final in Montreal, Rafa needs to beat him in the final to stay ahead.

And then things are still up in the air the following week in Cincy.

You cannot compare Rafa to Murray. There is a difference in class and Murray has no chance of passing him in rankings at least not this year. I would not write Rafa off. He is going to return and will be firing on all cylinders. Murray will have to show his ability to finally defend some points. So far he's only gained and now he has to defend??? I still question his ability to do so?

chenx15
07-21-2009, 12:29 PM
we will know after montreal

Venle
07-21-2009, 12:48 PM
If so, after USO. Or then he's just too much of MTF's fav word - a mug. ;)

Tyler_Durden
07-21-2009, 01:55 PM
You cannot compare Rafa to Murray. There is a difference in class and Murray has no chance of passing him in rankings at least not this year. I would not write Rafa off. He is going to return and will be firing on all cylinders. Murray will have to show his ability to finally defend some points. So far he's only gained and now he has to defend??? I still question his ability to do so?

Shows How much you know mate :rolleyes:

Every tournamant that murray has won and then entered to defend his title he has won on every occasion.

Obviously it's going to be alot harder to defend a masters series event but at least he has a good history to show that he has the potential to do so.

pesto
07-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Of course you can compare Nadal to Murray. That is what the ranking points are designed to do. And what this thread does. No-one disputes that Nadal has achieved vastly more than Murray.

The simple maths shows that there is a reasonable chance that Murray can pass Nadal before the USO, especially if Nadal is slightly rusty and doesn't perform well in Montreal and Cincy. All Murray has to do is gain 236 points more than Nadal across the two events.

I don't say he'll do it, or that he'll stay ahead for long if he manages it - he could easily pass Nadal at Montreal or Cincy and then fall behind again at the USO, but only a fool would rule out the possibility of Murray being seeded 2 at the USO.

Certinfy
07-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Before... But tbh i don't care as i <3 both.

HattonWBA
07-21-2009, 03:56 PM
If so end of the year but prob wont pass Rafa

angry1
07-21-2009, 04:08 PM

Andy has I believe to outperform Rafa by 235 points to tie him at Montreal,but trails by 2,385 points this year according to the race thread.

I really don't think he's likely to lead at year end.If he does it won't be without a big edge over the next 2 MS while Rafa's potentially rusty,which would push him ahead sooner.

ORGASMATRON
07-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Before... But tbh i don't care as i <3 both.

Your life must suck.

I think he has a good chance. He will outperform Rafa in the MS events and the USO, thus he will pass Rafa before the USO. He will probably end the year before Rafalafa as well. HArd times ahead for Rafalafa who will find it hard to be nr 3.

fedfannnnnnn
07-21-2009, 10:53 PM
I hope not :(

ORGASMATRON
07-21-2009, 10:56 PM
I bet Sapeod cant wait for this to happen lolz :)

mitalidas
07-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Wow, a non-Fedal in second place on the seedings. It's been a long time.

So Federer could face Nadal in a slam semi again. It will make it more interesting at the USO if that were to happen.

FedEXpress91
07-22-2009, 01:50 AM
Wow, a non-Fedal in second place on the seedings. It's been a long time.

So Federer could face Nadal in a slam semi again. It will make it more interesting at the USO if that were to happen.

if murray is seeded n2 at USO i bet the organizers rig the draw to have nadal and fed on opposite sides, i mean it's the only slam the two haven't met in a final and the organizers would love to get a match between those two in the final and wouldn't want them to blow a hyped up match like that in the semis because most likely the finals afterward would be very anticlimactic.

vamosinator
07-22-2009, 02:48 AM
I don't mind if Murray passes Nadal, because Nadal will finish the year number one with all the points available to him at the Season Ending Championship anyway.

Wow I just realised who made this thread, that orgasm lady from my ignore list :smash:

chenx15
07-22-2009, 03:14 AM
never ever count rafa out. i'm a fedtard that's why i know

BigJohn
07-22-2009, 04:24 AM
Now that would calm down the extremely-vocal extremely-Rafa-fans.

vamosinator
07-22-2009, 05:18 AM
Federer is the guy that has the most problem with Murray, so I'd think it would be more likely Murrray replaces Federer in the top 2. It probably would have happened if Murray made the Wimbledon Final.

ORGASMATRON
07-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Federer is the guy that has the most problem with Murray, so I'd think it would be more likely Murrray replaces Federer in the top 2. It probably would have happened if Murray made the Wimbledon Final.

:haha: This crying pansy has got me on her ignore list. Nevermind my troops will take care of your ass :eek: