Melzer: I just need to be a US Open seed [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Melzer: I just need to be a US Open seed

MRUK
07-20-2009, 10:15 AM
MOrning all,

Nice chat with Melzer on the blog this week, chatting a bit about everything - running into scarily good Roddick at Wimby and how it's a big few weeks for him coz of the rankings now. He stresses the importance of getting seeded for US and I see his point. I wish wish wish they'd go back to 16 seeds so we could have a few more interesting matches earlier on in tournaments.

You agree?

krystlel
07-20-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't think Roddick played that scarily good in that match where they played against each other.

Black Adam
07-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Roddick was asleep in most of that match at wimbledon, especially on break points and in the entire 3rd set. But with agood draw, the guy could scare some big players i.e pusher Muzza.

orangehat
07-20-2009, 10:34 AM
32 seeds does seem to cause a lot of boring 1st and 2nd rounds ... but i prefer the current system

FairWeatherFan
07-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Very nice natural game has Melzer, quite talented and good to watch.

Certinfy
07-20-2009, 11:06 AM
I like to see Melzer play :).

Henry Chinaski
07-20-2009, 01:42 PM
like I said last time before you advertised your blog and disapeared the link in your sig just brings you to a home page but there're no sign of any interviews

Bargearse
07-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Nice comments from Melzer about Roddick's Wimbledon performance in this interview and how he 'deserved to win'.

mr_burns
07-20-2009, 02:31 PM
on the other had a seed from 25 to 32 makes it more realistic to meet the top 4 in the 3rd round. so it needs to be a 24th seed to be really satisfied...

anyway, I like the new system better, although there are not so many scary 1 riund match ups, but the 3rd round matches are more balanced

MRUK
07-20-2009, 04:46 PM
like I said last time before you advertised your blog and disapeared the link in your sig just brings you to a home page but there're no sign of any interviews

Hi there,

Just tried clicking on it myself and it works fine, takes you straight to the interview. Don't know why you might be having problems! Sorry! You can always tap it into google if you fancy reading. Don't know why it's doing that to you!

rocketassist
07-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Might be better to be unseeded than sneak in a 32 seed and play 3 or 4 in round three.

Henry Chinaski
07-21-2009, 04:51 AM
Hi there,

Just tried clicking on it myself and it works fine, takes you straight to the interview. Don't know why you might be having problems! Sorry! You can always tap it into google if you fancy reading. Don't know why it's doing that to you!

it was an adblock problem. sorted now. should've asked him which player on the wta is the best lay.