FiBeR
07-18-2009, 09:53 PM
murray has bigger chances of getting a slam.. but i think it will be both

chenx15
07-18-2009, 09:55 PM
both, come on del potro!

Serenidad
07-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Probably both. However, this should be Djokovic's best part of the year. Murray's too.

Cloudygirl
07-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Both, if Fed or Nadal don't take the USO my money is on Del Po. I've just got this feeling about him. Would be a huge shame though cos it is overdue that Muzza gets a slam.

GlennMirnyi
07-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Del Pony won't ever win a slam.

I think Faker, but Murray might screw up as well.

PiggyGotRoasted
07-18-2009, 10:07 PM

^^ that means he will

dam0dred
07-18-2009, 10:08 PM
It's Murray's Open to lose as far as I'm concerned.

Novak still seems out of sorts and he was clearly rattled by the tepid reception he received from the New York fans last year. I would be pretty surprised if he was the winner there.

Sunset of Age
07-19-2009, 01:39 AM
I happen to think that Roddick might well have a good shot at taking the USO this year :angel: - which would mean neither of the candidates offered in this poll.
Might well be very very wrong here, let's just await Rafa's Return first, for instance. :)

Skyward
07-19-2009, 02:03 AM
I happen to think that Roddick might well have a good shot at taking the USO this year :angel: - which would mean neither of the candidates offered in this poll.Might well be very very wrong here, let's just await Rafa's Return first, for instance. :)

If Roddick wins the USO, the answer is both. Both will be slamless this year.

Sunset of Age
07-19-2009, 02:05 AM
If Roddick wins the USO, the answer is both. Both will be slamless this year.

Yep. I stand corrected. :o ;)

ORGASMATRON
07-19-2009, 02:09 AM
I happen to think that Roddick might well have a good shot at taking the USO this year :angel: - which would mean neither of the candidates offered in this poll.
Might well be very very wrong here, let's just await Rafa's Return first, for instance. :)

Yes wrong if i may say so. Rafas return is...lets just say, insiginificant :) Nice to see you Karen :D

Sunset of Age
07-19-2009, 02:14 AM
Yes wrong if i may say so. Rafas return is...lets just say, insiginificant :) Nice to see you Karen :D

"Insignificant?" :confused:
I like to believe that his long absence from the tour might just give him the extra edge to be able to take the USO this year - hopefully he'll have had the time to fully rest and recover - but of course we'll have to wait and see how he'll do at Montreal and Cincy first. :)

Nice to see you around too Ruanz. Just keep down the level of trollage, okay? ;)

ORGASMATRON
07-19-2009, 02:17 AM
"Insignificant?" :confused:
I like to believe that his long absence from the tour might just give him the extra edge to be able to take the USO this year - hopefully he'll have had the time to fully rest and recover - but of course we'll have to wait and see how he'll do at Montreal and Cincy first. :)

Nice to see you around too Ruanz. Just keep down the level of trollage, okay? ;)

fair enuff, im a troll. happy now? lol. my prediction stands, rafa will get nowhere in the us open. sorry to disappoint...karen.

Arkulari
07-19-2009, 02:20 AM
ruanz, be nice :o :lol:

GlennMirnyi
07-19-2009, 02:23 AM
^^ that means he will

No he won't.

If he does, ATP may as well become the new Cirque du Soleil.

ORGASMATRON
07-19-2009, 02:34 AM
No he won't.

If he does, ATP may as well become the new Cirque du Soleil.

luckily for u, i iknow u take the piss 90 % of the time :)

Serenidad
07-19-2009, 02:37 AM
Why do people honestly think Roddick is back in a slam winning discussion. He did what he always did against Federer. :retard:

Audacity
07-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Both...

BigJohn
07-19-2009, 02:57 AM
He did what he always did against Federer. :retard:

Longest fifth set ever in a Grand Slam final, 16-14.

Yep, usual Federer-Roddick.

Serenidad
07-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Who won Wimbledon '09 and who has the runner up plate. Doesn't matter if Roddick lost 2-2-2 or 16-14 in the 5th. He did what he always does against Federer. He lost and then whined.

I don't know how someone losing ad infinitum puts them in a winners discussion.

River
07-19-2009, 03:05 AM

Well I guess your choice for this poll would be both then, cause if losing in a GS final doesn't mean jack, then Murray shouldn't even be in the conversation in the first place.

Of course, that wouldn't mean anything if you're a Fedapologist and expect Fed to just snap his fingers and make a 16th GS trophy appear.

Roddick choked in one tiebreaker and lost a close final.

Murray choked an entire nation that had to watch him get spanked >___>; and he's still getting good predictions for a US Open win, outside of this thread of course.

Serenidad
07-19-2009, 03:11 AM
I'm not a "Fedapologist" or a Federer fan at all.

It is just bandwagoning on Roddick and wishful thinking that he will WIN the US this year. It's annoying, quite frankly.

Murray, just got outplayed by being too defensive. Roddick played a great match and I don't think Murray expected him to play quite at that level from start to finish. I never expected Murray to win this Wimbledon anyways. I predicted a final loss; he lost one round earlier.

Yes, Roddick lost a close match. Okay. The key word is lost. He's always losing. This US will be no different. Chances are he doesn't even play near that form coming into the US. I bet he can barely sleep still.

BigJohn
07-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Who won Wimbledon '09 and who has the runner up plate. Doesn't matter if Roddick lost 2-2-2 or 16-14 in the 5th. He did what he always does against Federer. He lost and then whined.

It was very close.

Also Roddick has at least equalled his best result at all slam this. He goes into the slam he won once right after making the final at Wimbledon, back in the top 5, a veteran on a hot streak. We know he's not short on motivation. He's more a contender than Djokovic.

Serenidad
07-19-2009, 03:16 AM
I need to see mentally how that lost affects him before I call him more of a contender than Djokovic.

This should be Novak's best part of the year whatever confidence/fitness issues he's having should take a backseat. Novak has always played well during this stretch even after last years Wimbledon loss to Safin.

Almost never counts. I'm sure if you tried to console Roddick after that final with "it was very close, Andy," he would have snapped at you just like he did Roger.

River
07-19-2009, 03:22 AM
Yes, Roddick lost a close match. Okay. The key word is lost. He's always losing. This US will be no different. Chances are he doesn't even play near that form coming into the US. I bet he can barely sleep still.

In my opinion, he's only been losing to one guy so far this entire season, aside from one loss to Rafa in the Paribas Open, a loss to Monfils after shocking ppl at the FO (shoot I had no hope for even the 1st round at FO >>;) and a retirement to Blake.

He's not always losing at all. He's pretty much losing to the people who everyone has lost to with no denial. This year is pretty awesome for him. The dude's made the second week of every GS so far, one Semi, a 4th Round in a GS he was never supposed to even be in, and a Final.

I mean, come on... wth.

BigJohn
07-19-2009, 03:24 AM
I need to see mentally how that lost affects him before I call him more of a contender than Djokovic.

This should be Novak's best part of the year whatever confidence/fitness issues he's having should take a backseat. Novak has always played well during this stretch even after last years Wimbledon loss to Safin.

Almost never counts. I'm sure if you tried to console Roddick after that final with "it was very close, Andy," he would have snapped at you just like he did Roger.

:confused:

I'm sure if you went to Roddick after that match and said "Tanked as usual Roddick", there would be something different with your face.

As for Djokovic vs Roddick going into the USO, picking Djokovic seems unwise at this moment.

vamosinator
07-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Del Potro looked very convincing at Roland Garros. Hardcourt is the surface he feels most comfortable on. Therefore since it appears he's gotten past his mental issues in slams (even when he lost to Federer in 5th set he did get a break-back and lost more because of fitness than mind) I think he will do better than Djokovic and Murray although dependent on the draw but if Del Potro faces Djokovic or Murray at the US he will defeat them. I don't give him a chance of defeating Nadal and Federer however, he's just not good enough.

Serenidad
07-19-2009, 03:32 AM
:retard:

Del Potro is just Djokovic with less mobility and even less of Djokovic's already meager variety game. He's #6 for a reason.

Anyways, you say Del Potro can beat Djokovic/Murray however has NO CHANCE of beating Nadal on Nadal's weakest slam when he has already beaten Nadal this year on hardcourt before any health issues surfaced even though Flushing Meadows is even quicker than Miami?

I'm going to credit your bias to your username.

chenx15
07-19-2009, 04:14 AM
del potro will establish a new era granted he doesn't get injured. of the top six he is the youngest. the only reason del potro did not go to distance in wimbledon was because of a flu. and hard court is del po fave surface. he's just going to get stronger.

vamosinator
07-19-2009, 04:24 AM
:retard:

Del Potro is just Djokovic with less mobility and even less of Djokovic's already meager variety game. He's #6 for a reason.

Anyways, you say Del Potro can beat Djokovic/Murray however has NO CHANCE of beating Nadal on Nadal's weakest slam when he has already beaten Nadal this year on hardcourt before any health issues surfaced even though Flushing Meadows is even quicker than Miami?

I'm going to credit your bias to your username.

The quicker the better. Watch Nadal at last year's Olympics, even quicker hardcourt than Cincy and USO. Face it, Nadal was exhausted in last year's US Open. A fresh Nadal would clean that up. How about that, Nadal not a hardcourt player yet winning both hardcourt slams in 2009.

Serenidad
07-19-2009, 04:27 AM
Nadal, or anyone for that matter, hasn't even won the US yet.

Yes, Nadal is always exhausted when he loses in US. Disregard hard flat hitters pushing him further and further behind the baseline and jumping all over the subsequent lack of depth.

Your only saving grace is Hingisova in your avatar. :inlove:

vamosinator
07-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Did you see Gonzo in the Gold Medal game, lost in 3 straight sets, and he is the definition of flat hitting, and on an ultra fast hardcourt like that, Nadal had no chance right? :hearts:

GlennMirnyi
07-19-2009, 05:09 AM
Gonzalez definition of flat hitting. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Oh my.

HKz
07-19-2009, 05:10 AM
Probably both. Nadull's return will be interesting, however I don't think Rafalafa will win US open this year. He has a win and semifinal points to defend at Toronto and Cincinnati which doesn't look too good for him at the moment. He will need to win these or get far to get some of his confidence back because he has already lost the Madrid final to Federer who has denied Rafalafa twice now to get all 3 clay MS titles in a year, lost in the 4th round of Roland Garros to probably his most hated player, loses two terrible exhos by trying to stupidly "test his injuries," withdraws out of Wimbledon after being defending champion and loses his number one ranking. That is A LOT of confidence lost, even for Nadull. Although Roger did have some heartbreaks last year, at least he was making solid results, so it probably wasn't as difficult to take. Djokovic still hasn't shown that he can step it up in Grand Slams this year, Murray has gotten worse in Grand Slam showings since last year's US Open and Federer is riding high on the clouds I would imagine since he has his 20 match winning streak right now, finally getting Roland Garros under his belt and retaining Wimbledon and his number one ranking. Confidence wise, I think he will be very difficult to stop at the moment.

vamosinator
07-19-2009, 05:33 AM
Federer had enough confidence after the US Open last year, but it didn't help him at the Australian Open this year. Plus Federer knows what happened last time he played Nadal on a hardcourt. Murray knows what happened the last time HE played Nadal on a hardcourt too (won 3 games).

Nadal doesn't strike me as a confidence player, so I don't see what the point is of hoping he will be lacking in confidence, highly unlikely. Nadal knows his record against all these top 10 guys, including his recent record on hardcourt against them makes him the top dog each time he takes the court. Plus he really doesn't like being favorite anyway, as we know so a lack of RG and Wimbledon success really only helps.

vamosinator
07-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Probably both. Nadull's return will be interesting, however I don't think Rafalafa will win US open this year. He has a win and semifinal points to defend at Toronto and Cincinnati which doesn't look too good for him at the moment. He will need to win these or get far to get some of his confidence back because he has already lost the Madrid final to Federer who has denied Rafalafa twice now to get all 3 clay MS titles in a year, lost in the 4th round of Roland Garros to probably his most hated player, loses two terrible exhos by trying to stupidly "test his injuries," withdraws out of Wimbledon after being defending champion and loses his number one ranking. That is A LOT of confidence lost, even for Nadull. Although Roger did have some heartbreaks last year, at least he was making solid results, so it probably wasn't as difficult to take. Djokovic still hasn't shown that he can step it up in Grand Slams this year, Murray has gotten worse in Grand Slam showings since last year's US Open and Federer is riding high on the clouds I would imagine since he has his 20 match winning streak right now, finally getting Roland Garros under his belt and retaining Wimbledon and his number one ranking. Confidence wise, I think he will be very difficult to stop at the moment.

btw, thanks for the quote :wavey:

HKz
07-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Federer had enough confidence after the US Open last year, but it didn't help him at the Australian Open this year. Plus Federer knows what happened last time he played Nadal on a hardcourt.

I honestly don't think winning the US Open was enough confidence for him to get back on his feet. You are suggesting that Federer got destroyed by Nadull at the AO, but again, it was a 5 setter with Roger have many chances in the first and third sets of that match. The fact is Nadull is mentally superior most of the time against Roger when they play, I think we get it by now.

Nadal doesn't strike me as a confidence player, so I don't see what the point is of hoping he will be lacking in confidence, highly unlikely. Nadal knows his record against all these top 10 guys, including his recent record on hardcourt against them makes him the top dog each time he takes the court. Plus he really doesn't like being favorite anyway, as we know so a lack of RG and Wimbledon success really only helps.

You talk as if you've seen his form after his two terrible exhos. By the way, I thought the smart thing to do was play exhibitions when you had free time, injury free and feeling really good? At least all the previous exhos I've seen on the tour have nearly been like that. And speaking of Nadal not being a confidence player, let's look at his matches after he lost the Wimbledon 2007 final in which he cried after the match-

Novak Djokovic def. Rafael Nadal - SF - Montreal 2007
Juan Monaco def. Rafael Nadal - 2RD - Cincinnati 2007
David Ferrer def. Rafael Nadal - 4RD - US Open 2007
David Nalbandian def. Rafael Nadal - QF - Madrid 2007
David Nalbandian def. Rafael Nadal - F - Paris 2007
David Ferrer def. Rafael Nadal - RR - TMC 2007
Roger Federer def. Rafael Nadal - SF - TMC 2007
Mikhail Youzhny def. Rafael Nadal - F - Chennai 2008
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga def. Rafael Nadal - SF - Australian Open 2008
Novak Djokovic def. Rafael Nadal - SF - Indian Wells 2008
Nikolay Davydenko def. Rafael Nadal - F - Miami 2008

Are you seriously going to lie to my face and the rest of MTF and tell me that his Wimbledon loss and confidence breaker had nothing to do with this string of losses? ALL these matches were good matchups for him. He didn't win a tournament for nearly what, 8 months or so? This hearty fighter even had the heart to retire after being down 6/7, 1/4 to Juan Monaco, less than 2 games left, for a "shoulder injury" and then come back yet again for the US Open perfectly fine just like 99% of his other injuries.

vamosinator
07-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Nadal wasn't in great physical condition in 2007, aside from that quad injury in the Wimbledon Final he was also carrying tendinitis. People act like tendinitis just started to hurt him in 09, but he's been carrying it for long portions which resulted in a lull in form previously too, including 07 and at the end of 08. The difference this year is he actually decided to rest instead of play. His doctor gave him the green light to play Wimbledon but he decided not to play, because his form in the trial matches didn't indicate he'd be able to play his best, also because he realises the US Open is now more important than Wimbledon (at least temporarily). btw, no need to get so emotional, even if emotion is a good thing for girls.

HKz
07-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Nadal wasn't in great physical condition in 2007, aside from that quad injury in the Wimbledon Final he was also carrying tendinitis. People act like tendinitis just started to hurt him in 09, but he's been carrying it for long portions which resulted in a lull in form previously too, including 07 and at the end of 08. The difference this year is he actually decided to rest instead of play. His doctor gave him the green light to play Wimbledon but he decided not to play, because his form in the trial matches didn't indicate he'd be able to play his best, also because he realises the US Open is now more important than Wimbledon (at least temporarily). btw, no need to get so emotional, even if emotion is a good thing for girls.

More excuses by you. I'm sure Nadull has his own agents and spokespeople. We don't need more. You obviously cannot best my arguement if you are relying on just saying Nadull had injuries. If he was injured, he would have lost to more lower ranked players, because that is what injured players end up doing. The fact that he only lost to top players showed that he obviously wasn't injured and that it was his confidence that was lacking. Now don't tell me that he is such an amazing Spanish-braveheart-tennis-player that he was able to win all his other matches while being injured but it wasn't enough to win against the best players in the world. The fact is that he lost because of confidence. Face it. Nadull is now number two in the world and quite possibly could drop to three. Fact. By the way, I am a male thank you very much.

Sure, I'll give it to you that Nadull did have tendinitis prior to 2008, but his case was obviously about the pain and nothing about any lower mobility. So with that being said, he was clearly moving fine after Wimbledon 2007, so what is left to question is the pain. If he was having pain, then he was obviously was able to hide the pain this whole time, which you Nadulltards are going to claim because he has the heart of a lion. Is he any more or less human than any of us? No. The fact that you know nothing about his condition, at least nothing more than me, because neither of us are his agent shows that we know nothing about whether it hurt a lot or barely at all. In fact, when he retired against Monaco, it was because of a "new" shoulder injury and NOT tendinitis. Now if he retired because of his knees, the knee excuse would be a little more believable. But obviously his tendinitis didn't affect him enough to withdraw from tournaments which he could have easily done with his firm grip on the world number two ranking and him knowing that he wasn't much closer to the world number one spot at the end of 2007. Think about this - so he can retire or call the trainer in matches for a blister, small injuries that he doesn't want to take a chance or new injuries that apparently disappear in a week yet he can't withdraw out of a tournament for tendinitis that can be career ending and of which you claim was so painful for him and limited his movement on court. That makes absolutely no sense. Basically what you are trying to argue is that Nadull is superman and obviously not human, was able to hide his excruciating pain, played through a major case of tendinitis, was able to defeat Federer four times in 2008 and win the Roland Garros/Wimbledon double. Subsequently that would either mean that everyone except Nadull on the ATP are clowns and mugs and can't defeat a cripple which would then make all of Nadull's wins meaningless because he defeated a terrible era so we shouldn't give a shit anymore about coming to MTF to talk about the ATP right now or that it proves I was right and he obviously didn't have much pain from his tendinitis which means he actually had a confidence problem after Wimbledon 2007 until the clay season in 2008.

Sapeod
07-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Give it a rest Rafatard :wavey: You can make all the excuses you want but he's not winning the US Open.

Jōris
07-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Djokovic, sadly.

Certinfy
07-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Djokovic... And sadly i think he is a 1 slam wonder.

jmf07
07-19-2009, 09:10 AM
And speaking of Nadal not being a confidence player, let's look at his matches after he lost the Wimbledon 2007 final in which he cried after the match-

Novak Djokovic def. Rafael Nadal - SF - Montreal 2007
Juan Monaco def. Rafael Nadal - 2RD - Cincinnati 2007
David Ferrer def. Rafael Nadal - 4RD - US Open 2007
David Nalbandian def. Rafael Nadal - QF - Madrid 2007
David Nalbandian def. Rafael Nadal - F - Paris 2007
David Ferrer def. Rafael Nadal - RR - TMC 2007
Roger Federer def. Rafael Nadal - SF - TMC 2007
Mikhail Youzhny def. Rafael Nadal - F - Chennai 2008
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga def. Rafael Nadal - SF - Australian Open 2008
Novak Djokovic def. Rafael Nadal - SF - Indian Wells 2008
Nikolay Davydenko def. Rafael Nadal - F - Miami 2008

Are you seriously going to lie to my face and the rest of MTF and tell me that his Wimbledon loss and confidence breaker had nothing to do with this string of losses? ALL these matches were good matchups for him. He didn't win a tournament for nearly what, 8 months or so? This hearty fighter even had the heart to retire after being down 6/7, 1/4 to Juan Monaco, less than 2 games left, for a "shoulder injury" and then come back yet again for the US Open perfectly fine just like 99% of his other injuries.

Are you honestly trying to suggest that the the 2007 Wimbledon Final which he expectedly lost following his FO win affected him till March the following year. What did he do straight after Wimbledon again? Didn't he win Stuttgart without dropping a set? Oh shit he lost to Djokovic on Hardcourt who defeated Federer in his next match. Wow he lost to Nalbandian who also defeated Federer at the same two tournaments. OMG he lost to Youzhny straight after the off season following a marathon the day beforehand against Youzhny. Of course it is to be expected he normally loses to Youzhny 61 60 isn't it? Terrible that he lost to Tsonga who pushed Djokovic in the final after Djokovic took Fed out in straight sets. And yeah his loss to Djokovic following the Aus Open was a total shock given how poor form Djokovic was in following his Aus Open win against Nadal who was still without a Hardcourt slam. And wow he lost to in the Final at Miami. What round did the greatest player get knocked out? Quarters wasn't it.

HKz
07-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Are you honestly trying to suggest that the the 2007 Wimbledon Final which he expectedly lost following his FO win affected him till March the following year. What did he do straight after Wimbledon again? Didn't he win Stuttgart without dropping a set? Oh shit he lost to Djokovic on Hardcourt who defeated Federer in his next match. Wow he lost to Nalbandian who also defeated Federer at the same two tournaments. OMG he lost to Youzhny straight after the off season following a marathon the day beforehand against Youzhny. Of course it is to be expected he normally loses to Youzhny 61 60 isn't it? Terrible that he lost to Tsonga who pushed Djokovic in the final after Djokovic took Fed out in straight sets. And yeah his loss to Djokovic following the Aus Open was a total shock given how poor form Djokovic was in following his Aus Open win against Nadal who was still without a Hardcourt slam. And wow he lost to in the Final at Miami. What round did the greatest player get knocked out? Quarters wasn't it.

I don't think you got the point the Rafatard and I were having an arguement about. He was claiming that Nadull doesn't get affected by confidence. I'm not even talking about a slight of Federer yet here you are jumping the gun with your anti-allotherplayersontheATP and all Nadull bs, I don't give a crap. The fact that you brought up Federer's losses shows that you just jumped straight into the conversation without even bothering trying to find out what I was talking about. As a consistent world number two, you would think if he had no problems whatsoever, he would have at least won a tournament or two between Stuttgart 2007 and Monte Carlo 2008, yet he didn't, and he continued to lose to the top players and not lower ranked players, which is a sign of problematic confidence. Sure you give me those few excuses for Nadull, but what about losing to Juan Monaco? Excuse? What about losing to David Ferrer twice after winning the first set? Excuse? What about losing to Roger Federer period? Excuse? What about losing to Davydenko period? Excuse? Aside from Nalbandian, I thought Nadull had the winning edge over all of these players yet he couldn't pull it off for 8 months, there I said it again. The fact is he lost his confidence after Wimbledon 2007 just like all players can, end of story. He isn't superman like you Rafatards hype him up to be. Not to mention, do you personally know what goes on in Rafalafa Nadull's head? I'm guessing you have an airplane and a shrinking machine which you use to shrink yourself to a size of an atom, fly into Nadull's ass, I mean ear, look for his brain and read his mind. Loss of confidence can hurt a player, especially a professional, for a long time. But I guess you don't play competitive tennis like 80% of the people on MTF to realize that. It happens to hundreds of pros and amateurs yet you claim that it can't happen to somebody like Nadull who is JUST AS HUMAN as us all.

By the way, does winning Stuttgart really mean so much to you? The list of players who join Stuttgart is so amazing :worship: A tournament that features Guillermo Canas and Gaston Gaudio 6 or 7 times in the finals is a great tournament! If you win in straight sets all the way, it is like = to a MS title! GTFO.

vamosinator
07-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Give it a rest Rafatard :wavey: You can make all the excuses you want but he's not winning the US Open.

Thanks for the quote, I'm going to humiliate you in September :wavey:

vamosinator
07-19-2009, 09:55 AM
I don't think you got the point the Rafatard and I were having an arguement about. He was claiming that Nadull doesn't get affected by confidence. I'm not even talking about a slight of Federer yet here you are jumping the gun with your anti-allotherplayersontheATP and all Nadull bs, I don't give a crap. The fact that you brought up Federer's losses shows that you just jumped straight into the conversation without even bothering trying to find out what I was talking about. As a consistent world number two, you would think if he had no problems whatsoever, he would have at least won a tournament or two between Stuttgart 2007 and Monte Carlo 2008, yet he didn't, and he continued to lose to the top players and not lower ranked players, which is a sign of problematic confidence. Sure you give me those few excuses for Nadull, but what about losing to Juan Monaco? Excuse? What about losing to David Ferrer twice after winning the first set? Excuse? What about losing to Roger Federer period? Excuse? What about losing to Davydenko period? Excuse? Aside from Nalbandian, I thought Nadull had the winning edge over all of these players yet he couldn't pull it off for 8 months, there I said it again. The fact is he lost his confidence after Wimbledon 2007 just like all players can, end of story. He isn't superman like you Rafatards hype him up to be. Not to mention, do you personally know what goes on in Rafalafa Nadull's head? I'm guessing you have an airplane and a shrinking machine which you use to shrink yourself to a size of an atom, fly into Nadull's ass, I mean ear, look for his brain and read his mind. Loss of confidence can hurt a player, especially a professional, for a long time. But I guess you don't play competitive tennis like 80% of the people on MTF to realize that. It happens to hundreds of pros and amateurs yet you claim that it can't happen to somebody like Nadull who is JUST AS HUMAN as us all.

By the way, does winning Stuttgart really mean so much to you? The list of players who join Stuttgart is so amazing :worship: A tournament that features Guillermo Canas and Gaston Gaudio 6 or 7 times in the finals is a great tournament! If you win in straight sets all the way, it is like = to a MS series! GTFO.

Hey federer's bitch, stop trying to bend the truth, you know Nadal has been carrying tendinitis for years, nobody is going to believe your pathetic theorizing and nobody will ever believe Nadal is mentally weak like the girlish federer.

HKz
07-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Hey federer's bitch, stop trying to bend the truth, you know Nadal has been carrying tendinitis for years, nobody is going to believe your pathetic theorizing and nobody will ever believe Nadal is mentally weak like the girlish federer.

Look like someone is crying :( and looks like you definately cannot best any of my arguements on the forum ever. You keep going in circles and making more excuses rather than arguements. Is that why you didn't respond to my prior post? GTFO.

More excuses by you. I'm sure Nadull has his own agents and spokespeople. We don't need more. You obviously cannot best my arguement if you are relying on just saying Nadull had injuries. If he was injured, he would have lost to more lower ranked players, because that is what injured players end up doing. The fact that he only lost to top players showed that he obviously wasn't injured and that it was his confidence that was lacking. Now don't tell me that he is such an amazing Spanish-braveheart-tennis-player that he was able to win all his other matches while being injured but it wasn't enough to win against the best players in the world. The fact is that he lost because of confidence. Face it. Nadull is now number two in the world and quite possibly could drop to three. Fact. By the way, I am a male thank you very much.

Sure, I'll give it to you that Nadull did have tendinitis prior to 2008, but his case was obviously about the pain and nothing about any lower mobility. So with that being said, he was clearly moving fine after Wimbledon 2007, so what is left to question is the pain. If he was having pain, then he was obviously was able to hide the pain this whole time, which you Nadulltards are going to claim because he has the heart of a lion. Is he any more or less human than any of us? No. The fact that you know nothing about his condition, at least nothing more than me, because neither of us are his agent shows that we know nothing about whether it hurt a lot or barely at all. In fact, when he retired against Monaco, it was because of a "new" shoulder injury and NOT tendinitis. Now if he retired because of his knees, the knee excuse would be a little more believable. But obviously his tendinitis didn't affect him enough to withdraw from tournaments which he could have easily done with his firm grip on the world number two ranking and him knowing that he wasn't much closer to the world number one spot at the end of 2007. Think about this - so he can retire or call the trainer in matches for a blister, small injuries that he doesn't want to take a chance or new injuries that apparently disappear in a week yet he can't withdraw out of a tournament for tendinitis that can be career ending and of which you claim was so painful for him and limited his movement on court. That makes absolutely no sense. Basically what you are trying to argue is that Nadull is superman and obviously not human, was able to hide his excruciating pain, played through a major case of tendinitis, was able to defeat Federer four times in 2008 and win the Roland Garros/Wimbledon double. Subsequently that would either mean that everyone except Nadull on the ATP are clowns and mugs and can't defeat a cripple which would then make all of Nadull's wins meaningless because he defeated a terrible era so we shouldn't give a shit anymore about coming to MTF to talk about the ATP right now or that it proves I was right and he obviously didn't have much pain from his tendinitis which means he actually had a confidence problem after Wimbledon 2007 until the clay season in 2008.

By the way, I'm more of a Haastard rather than a Federertard.

Cloudygirl
07-19-2009, 10:25 AM
why does every thread on GM turn into a row between Rafatards and Fedtards. Get over it already there are other players on the tour. :rolleyes::smash::armed::retard::retard:

HKz
07-19-2009, 10:35 AM
why does every thread on GM turn into a row between Rafatards and Fedtards. Get over it already there are other players on the tour. :rolleyes::smash::armed::retard::retard:

It is really hard for me to ignore stupidity.

vamosinator
07-19-2009, 10:39 AM
All the Fedtards(including pretend-Haastards) are going to be under my ownership commencing September. The pages of quotes I have on these trash-talkers is hilarious and forever ruining for their online existence :o

jmf07
07-19-2009, 10:41 AM

By the way, does winning Stuttgart really mean so much to you? The list of players who join Stuttgart is so amazing :worship: A tournament that features Guillermo Canas and Gaston Gaudio 6 or 7 times in the finals is a great tournament! If you win in straight sets all the way, it is like = to a MS title! GTFO.

Hmm. Where do I start. I used Federer to show that Nadal's results were not abnormal. I was by no means bagging Federer. Do you honestly think I am that stupid to randomly do that. He was losing to players that Fed was losing to at the same period and he isn't that bad of a player is he?

You say I am anti-allotherplayers. Save that for April Fools Day please. Alternatively you could just look at my signature and see that Nadal is absent from it. I'm obviously a diehard Rafatard and anti-allotherplayers :rolleyes:. It's also interesting that most of your posts are about Federer. Could it be that your the Fedtard and anti-allotherplayers?

I used Stuttgart to show that your quote that Nadal failed to win a tournament since Wimbledon was wrong. Hence why that part in your quote was bolded. And he did beat Monaco 61 63 but for some reason his loss of confidence from Wimbledon was not there one and a half weeks later but it was supposedly evident a month after that.

Yes players lose confidence but why the hell would a 21 year old with a number of years to develop lose confidence for 8 months because he lost a five set final against a guy unbeaten at Wimbledon for five years but then magically be confident enough to defeat him in five sets in the final the next year.

Far out he lost to Del Potro and should have lost Nalbandian on Hardcourt following his Aus Open win. Was he lacking confidence then?

You should actually read what is said before coming to conclusions.

ballbasher101
07-19-2009, 11:03 AM
I suspect that both Murray and the Djoker will not win a slam this year. Murray has been poor in the majors this year, the Djoker has been even worse. Muzza should have reached the final of either the OZ open or Wimbledon this year.

HKz
07-19-2009, 11:06 AM
All the Fedtards(including pretend-Haastards) are going to be under my ownership commencing September. The pages of quotes I have on these trash-talkers is hilarious and forever ruining for their online existence :o

So I take it as a yes, you have no explanation. But so when Nadull fails in September, you leave forever, okay? Thanks!

Hmm. Where do I start. I used Federer to show that Nadal's results were not abnormal. I was by no means bagging Federer. Do you honestly think I am that stupid to randomly do that. He was losing to players that Fed was losing to at the same period and he isn't that bad of a player is he?

You say I am anti-allotherplayers. Save that for April Fools Day please. Alternatively you could just look at my signature and see that Nadal is absent from it. I'm obviously a diehard Rafatard and anti-allotherplayers :rolleyes:. It's also interesting that most of your posts are about Federer. Could it be that your the Fedtard and anti-allotherplayers?

I used Stuttgart to show that your quote that Nadal failed to win a tournament since Wimbledon was wrong. Hence why that part in your quote was bolded. And he did beat Monaco 61 63 but for some reason his loss of confidence from Wimbledon was not there one and a half weeks later but it was supposedly evident a month after that.

Yes players lose confidence but why the hell would a 21 year old with a number of years to develop lose confidence for 8 months because he lost a five set final against a guy unbeaten at Wimbledon for five years but then magically be confident enough to defeat him in five sets in the final the next year.

Far out he lost to Del Potro and should have lost Nalbandian on Hardcourt following his Aus Open win. Was he lacking confidence then?

You should actually read what is said before coming to conclusions.

So you're asking me why would a 21 year old get down on himself for a long time after losing a match in which he had 4 break points in the fifth set? I don't know why he would. But the question is as questionable as to why someone like Bjorn Borg would retire at the age of 26 when he is still making Grand Slam finals, winning Grand Slam titles, getting 3 Grand Slam finals in a row in 3 of his last 4 years. Look, perhaps it wasn't exactly Wimbledon that threw him off the entire time. I'm just suggesting that Wimbledon was the tip of the iceberg. It could of been a snowball effect with him losing confidence after every match he had lost since Wimbledon.

He wasn't magically confident at Wimbledon the next year. He had solid wins over Roger at Monte Carlo and Hamburg and destroyed him at Roland Garros. I'm pretty sure that is a good amount of confidence to bring into Wimbledon on top of winning Queen's.

It made no sense for you to bring up his Miami loss after his AO win because it is totally uncomparable to what we were originally talking about because he was actually able to win Indian Wells again and do his thing during the beginning of the clay season, so obviously there is no evidence to say that he was lacking confidence or not even though he did say he had no confidence against Nalbandian, especially against his backhand. His loss to Del Potro was just a fair and square plain loss, nothing more, nothing less.

Sapeod
07-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the quote, I'm going to humiliate you in September :wavey:
Don't get excited. I can't wait until you become Public Clown No.1 after the US Open :wavey:

Bargearse
07-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Everyone but Nadal and Federer.

habibko
07-19-2009, 12:17 PM

this.

Goldenoldie
07-19-2009, 01:09 PM
I suspect that both Murray and the Djoker will not win a slam this year. Murray has been poor in the majors this year, the Djoker has been even worse. Muzza should have reached the final of either the OZ open or Wimbledon this year.

You have to be joking!
AO 2008 beaten in R1, 2009 beaten in R4 3 match improvement
RG 2008 beaten in R3, 2009 beaten in QF 2 match improvement
W 2008 beaten in QF, 2009 beaten in SF 1 match improvement
USO 2008 beaten in F, 2009 ?????

Murray's best year to date in the slams, and still "poor"? I don't think he should have reached the final of AO, but I do think he had a good chance of Wimbledon final, two failed tie-breaks and out! No I don't think he will win USO 2009, but I think he will crown an excellent year by reaching at least SF and probably F.

ballbasher101
07-19-2009, 01:30 PM
You have to be joking!
AO 2008 beaten in R1, 2009 beaten in R4 3 match improvement
RG 2008 beaten in R3, 2009 beaten in QF 2 match improvement
W 2008 beaten in QF, 2009 beaten in SF 1 match improvement
USO 2008 beaten in F, 2009 ?????

Murray's best year to date in the slams, and still "poor"? I don't think he should have reached the final of AO, but I do think he had a good chance of Wimbledon final, two failed tie-breaks and out! No I don't think he will win USO 2009, but I think he will crown an excellent year by reaching at least SF and probably F.

I expected him to kick on once he reached his first slam final. He has to reach the final of the US open for it to be a good year in the majors for me. At Wimbledon he shounld have reached the final since Nadal was not there. Roddick did play well in that match but Muzza missed a good chance to reach the final because the draw basically opened up for him.

Burrow
07-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Did you see Gonzo in the Gold Medal game, lost in 3 straight sets, and he is the definition of flat hitting, and on an ultra fast hardcourt like that, Nadal had no chance right? :hearts:

definition of flat hitting.

lmfao

im actually loling at that one

Burrow
07-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Look like someone is crying :( and looks like you definately cannot best any of my arguements on the forum ever. You keep going in circles and making more excuses rather than arguements. Is that why you didn't respond to my prior post? GTFO.

By the way, I'm more of a Haastard rather than a Federertard.

No, you're more of a Bastard.

Noleta
07-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Both:rolls:

Goldenoldie
07-19-2009, 03:58 PM
I expected him to kick on once he reached his first slam final. He has to reach the final of the US open for it to be a good year in the majors for me. At Wimbledon he shounld have reached the final since Nadal was not there. Roddick did play well in that match but Muzza missed a good chance to reach the final because the draw basically opened up for him.

Clearly you are harder to please than I am! First British #3 since ATP records began. First slam finalist since 1997, and only the second since WW2. Already more titles than Henman and only a few behind Rusedski, and the guy is 22.

Sorry, I respect your opinion, but even if he loses in R1 in USO, he's had a great year, and he is the most successful Brit in my lifetime even if he never wins the elusive slam.

ballbasher101
07-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Clearly you are harder to please than I am! First British #3 since ATP records began. First slam finalist since 1997, and only the second since WW2. Already more titles than Henman and only a few behind Rusedski, and the guy is 22.

Sorry, I respect your opinion, but even if he loses in R1 in USO, he's had a great year, and he is the most successful Brit in my lifetime even if he never wins the elusive slam.

The slam will come but I am getting a bit too impatient. The kids of today we want things quick and fast ;). At 22 there is plenty of time for him to win a major. He should strike whilst the iron is hot because the likes of Del-potro are improving quickly.

BigJohn
07-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Don't get excited. I can't wait until you become Public Clown No.1 after the US Open :wavey:

By changing ID to RAFAwon09usopen, the Public Clown No.1 is already in the bag.

And title or no title for Nadal at the USO, watch this poster reach a new levels of utter douchebaggery.

BigJohn
07-19-2009, 05:19 PM
The pages of quotes I have on these trash-talkers is hilarious and forever ruining for their online existence :o

Dr Evil, you left out the part where you ask for a ransom of 100 billion dollars...

PinkFeatherBoa
07-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Both, though Novak feel free to prove me wrong.

Fed and Raf dominance is set to continue for a long time.

chenx15
07-19-2009, 05:26 PM

i used to like Nadal until i started reading your post. sometimes i am wondering you are uncle toni

DJ Soup
07-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Your opinion in general is for the most part pretty much a fucked up one, so in reading that I get the feeling Delpo has a strong chance to win a slam some day.

chenx15
07-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Your opinion in general is for the most part pretty much a fucked up one, so in reading that I get the feeling Delpo has a strong chance to win a slam some day.

you make an excellent point!:worship:

Cloudygirl
07-19-2009, 05:37 PM
i used to like Nadal until i started reading your post. sometimes i am wondering you are uncle toni

nope uncle toni might talk bollocks sometimes but he simply isn't that stupid.

Serenidad
07-19-2009, 05:42 PM
sometimes i am wondering you are uncle toni

:haha:
:rolls:
:spit:
:help:

TMJordan
07-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Noone will stop Murray at his favorite slam come September.

Crazy Girl
07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
i used to like Nadal until i started reading your post. :eek::eek:sometimes i am wondering you are uncle toni:eek::eek:

:spit::spit::spit::spit::spit:

miura
07-19-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't think any of them will take a Slam considering their form in the previous slams..

shadows
07-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Djokovic of the two, but I think the most likely outcome right now is that both go slamless.

luie
07-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Why are people always unkind to theRAFA this person is clearly in need of mental help.:o

rocketassist
07-19-2009, 11:49 PM
The quicker the better. Watch Nadal at last year's Olympics, even quicker hardcourt than Cincy and USO. Face it, Nadal was exhausted in last year's US Open. A fresh Nadal would clean that up. How about that, Nadal not a hardcourt player yet winning both hardcourt slams in 2009.

Same old fanboys, same old shit, Nadal is injured or tired at the US Open and never loses fairly, even though someone hitting the ball early, flat and hard leaves him without a plan B he mustn't be 100%.

Blake did it, Youzhny did it, even Pics was taking the ball early at times and outhitting poor Rafi, and Muzza was bludgeoning him with the flat 2 hander CC.

But of course he was injured and tired in every single one of these matches.

Burrow
07-19-2009, 11:55 PM
A lot of talk with Nadal being fittest on tour, yet any time he loses, it's out of fatigue.

Funny, that.

fedfannnnnnn
07-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Probably both. But Murray has the biggest chance to get one compared to Djokovic.

luie
07-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Same old fanboys, same old shit, Nadal is injured or tired at the US Open and never loses fairly, even though someone hitting the ball early, flat and hard leaves him without a plan B he mustn't be 100%.

Blake did it, Youzhny did it, even Pics was taking the ball early at times and outhitting poor Rafi, and Muzza was bludgeoning him with the flat 2 hander CC.

But of course he was injured and tired in every single one of these matches.
Agreed the nadull-tards excuses are as boring & predictable as nadull himself. But there is some truth to it I believe because he lacks tennis talent he relies heavily on his physicality to win matches,subsequently he is more often than not exhausted after a match or two.You need not worry Murray has actual talent & it will win him some slams in the future for sure.:D

luie
07-20-2009, 12:03 AM
A lot of talk with Nadal being fittest on tour, yet any time he loses, it's out of fatigue.

Funny, that.
The talk of nadull being the fittess on tour is a great fallacy.
Tennis & sports in general is about the strong survive.
Only the strong survive,thats the law of nature.
Federer >nadull & fakervic.

vamosinator
07-20-2009, 02:22 AM
Talk about excuses, Federer fans are so full of excuses, using mono whenever it suits them (even after Nadal plays record 6 hour semi v Verdasco and still beats Federer 6-2 in the fifth) and to make matters worse Federer is talking about Murray like 'I had a bad back and a cold, I almost beat him anyway', you got to shake your head at that Fed-boys&girls.

Serenidad
07-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Or shake your head at both of them. :inlove:

Sunset of Age
07-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Talk about excuses, Federer fans are so full of excuses, using mono whenever it suits them (even after Nadal plays record 6 hour semi v Verdasco and still beats Federer 6-2 in the fifth) and to make matters worse Federer is talking about Murray like 'I had a bad back and a cold, I almost beat him anyway', you got to shake your head at that Fed-boys&girls.

You must be the biggest TARD ever seen on this board and that's saying quite a lot. I can only hope you're just a troll.
If not...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/CG_Brouwer/Rogi_Rafa/Rafa_Facepalm.jpg
"WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE FANS LIKE THIS???"

:help: :help: :help:

Arkulari
07-20-2009, 02:50 AM
*pets Rafa* :help: :help:

vamosinator
07-20-2009, 02:50 AM
You must be the biggest TARD ever seen on this board and that's saying quite a lot. I can only hope you're just a troll.
If not...

"WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE FANS LIKE THIS???"

:help: :help: :help:

Again, do you realise what you are doing each time you post like that? ^^^ It begins with T.

Sunset of Age
07-20-2009, 02:53 AM
Again, do you realise what you are doing each time you post like that? ^^^ It begins with T.

OMG.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/CG_Brouwer/Rogi_Rafa/Rafa_Facepalm.jpg

*FACEPALM!!!*

x97ijcgBy0Q

Skyward
08-23-2009, 12:50 AM
*Bump*

DorianGray7
08-23-2009, 12:58 AM
How come federer is not a option?

Skyward
08-23-2009, 01:06 AM
How come federer is not a option?

:rolleyes: He has already won 2 GS titles this year. :D

HattonWBA
08-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Both of them, Federer will win his 6th US Open in a row.

jcempire
08-23-2009, 02:37 PM
IF USOPEN to Federer, that they both done
with Slamless

Bargearse
09-10-2009, 09:43 AM

I'm sticking to my guns here (even though I wouldn't mind if Djokovic won).

Heners
09-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Murray