Who is better ? Djokovic or Murray? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who is better ? Djokovic or Murray?

severus
07-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Both knocking on the door. Who in your opinion is better?

Satsuma
07-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Jamie better than Marko IMO

bounccer
07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
1>0

tufani
07-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Djokovic has a GS and TMC title, Murray doesn't (at least, for now).

P.S. What's up with all those "who is better" threads? :lol:

Certinfy
07-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Atm Andy Sexy Murray.

justsumma
07-16-2009, 03:51 PM
someone severe this severus's head please... To over-excited mods: that was just figurative!

Lololita
07-16-2009, 03:55 PM
They've both been number 3 but Nole's won one GS and TMC, it's pretty clear who's better.

jonathancrane
07-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Both are shit

angry1
07-16-2009, 04:23 PM
They've both been number 3 but Nole's won one GS and TMC, it's pretty clear who's better.

No it's clear who's been better.The fact that Murray is higher ranked and with more GS points on his current record shows he's been better recently.As does his marginal lead in the unofficial race standings.

If the question is who'll have the better career, both sets of supporters surely hope Novak's current lead isn't decisive.Most Djokovic fans seem to expect 3+ slams and most Murray ones are hoping for at least 1.I wouldn't settle for a 1-0 win over Murray as a Novak fan or a 1-0 defeat as the Murray fan I am.An anything-2 defeat I'd take.

Balance of probability suggests Djokovic will get it together and have the better career IMO,but I hope not.His willingness to try to play the most efficient game possible will be decisive in the long run i feel.

rocketassist
07-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Use the search engine.

Iván
07-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Both at best.

Djokovic

Guga_fan
07-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Right now, easily Murray

didadida
07-16-2009, 04:45 PM
i like the way Djoko plays more than Murray

Geo
07-16-2009, 04:52 PM
:retard: way too early to make such a poll :lol: at least wait a few years lol.

Goldenoldie
07-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Djokovic started better, Murray has caught up and overtaken him. I suspect they will change places a number of times during their careers.

Agassi'sMullet
07-16-2009, 04:59 PM
"come Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!"

:(

bounccer
07-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Djokovic

2007: 4R / SF / SF / F
2008: W / SF / 2R / SF

Murray

2008: 1R / 3R / QF / F
2009: 4R / QF / DF

GS: Djokovic 1/0 Murray
TMC: Djokovic 1/0 Murray
MS: Djokovic 4/3 Murray
Titles: Djokovic 13/12 Murray
Ranking: Djokovic 3rd/3rd Murray
Old: Djokovic 22/22 Murray

What else?

sportsbag
07-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Djoko turned pro in 2003 two years before Murray did.
Unless the rankings are lying Murray is obviously better at the moment.

angry1
07-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Djokovic

Murray

What else?

The question of who's had the better career so far is inarguable,so a reasonable guess is that the intent of the question isn't to debate that issue.Otherwise Safin would be better than both,which currently he isn't.

3 reasonable ways of answering the question are, to weight what you answered with current form,moving Murray closer but still trailing, or answering who's currently better Murrray IMO or guessing wildly(and slightly changing the question)as to who will have the better career,Djokovic probably again IMO.There are I'm sure other ways to answer better than those I've listed.

Clydey
07-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Djokovic

Murray

What else?

Using this logic, Wilander is currently a better player than both of them.

Besides, I think we've had this thread a bunch of times already. People rarely seem to grasp the point of the question.

Sapeod
07-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Murray ATM. Overall it's Djokovic but that won't last that way for long.

BIGMARAT
07-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Dont count the eggs yet for Murray.

I can only count those eggs that had been layed.

So far Nole won a slam, a TMC and more titles.

Arkulari
07-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Novak has had a better career so far, but Muzza has done better lately :shrug:

dusan1610
07-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Nole of course

ballbasher101
07-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Djokovic started better, Murray has caught up and overtaken him. I suspect they will change places a number of times during their careers.

That is the most likely scenario.

r3d_d3v1l_
07-16-2009, 10:44 PM
It doesn´t matter what they´re doing in this moment. 1 GS> 0 GS And that´s what counts, i believe.

angry1
07-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Otherwise Safin would be better than both,which currently he isn't.

Using this logic, Wilander is currently a better player than both of them.

What's that they say, about great minds?Or is it fools?

Serenidad
07-16-2009, 10:48 PM
At a high level, Djokovic has more weapons.

Murray has a wider variety of shots, but Djokovic has more fire power. If Djokovic's fitness/willingness to fight improves he is better.

Sapeod
07-16-2009, 11:36 PM
It doesn´t matter what they´re doing in this moment. 1 GS> 0 GS And that´s what counts, i believe.
O.K, so Rafter is better than Djokovic.

Okonsky
07-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Use the search engine.

Both are shit

:yeah:

Is there any chance NOT to open polls 'Who's better' every hour? Almost like a spam (it is a spam).

Bargearse
07-17-2009, 12:38 AM
These polls seem to be a way to fill the time between tournaments that feature Federer etc... I think Murray and Djokovic are pretty close but right NOW I think Murray is a fraction better.

Vida
07-17-2009, 12:48 AM
murray is in better for now, since djoker is having "issues", but overall I think nole is a far better player. has more ways to play with.

cocrcici
07-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Murrovic.

habibko
07-17-2009, 01:33 AM
too early to tell.

HattonWBA
07-17-2009, 10:41 AM
At current i would say Djokovic purely based on his Grand Slam triumph although Murray has been better over the last 12 months, I also prefer watching Murray, not because of their game styles just because of the flow of a match - ie ball bouncing

safinafan
07-18-2009, 04:22 AM
nole, anyway he won a GS

MrChopin
07-18-2009, 04:53 AM
It's a tough call. Djokovic has a better offensive game and clearly better second serve, but Murray has the better ros, possibly better first serve, and probably more variety. I think that this one could go the way of Fed-Nadal in the long run... Djokovic being able to hit through Murray when he's on, but Murray winning defensively more often than Djokovic winning aggressively.

Based on what we've seen thus far, I go with Djokovic for better career. He can play all surfaces and is the easy #3 on clay, at the moment. Also, when he's on, he's a tough out for anyone at the slams. I don't think Murray has shown that he is to this point. If I was to take the A game of both, from what I've seen, Djokovic is better.

tea
07-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Djokovic is winning this?:spit:

denisgiann
07-18-2009, 04:36 PM
At their best i would take Nole anyday.Not to mention that his game is actually pretty watchable...lol

Okonsky
07-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Both are better.

oranges
07-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Djokovic is winning this?:spit:

Inconceivable isn't it, just like Murray not making the Wimby final despite he cakewalk draw :p

Max Power
07-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Murray has pretty clearly outperformed Djokovic over the last 12 months or so, but if they were both to retire today, Djokovic, with his Grand Slam and Masters Cup titles, would easily be remembered as the superior player overall. If you were asking who "is" better at the moment, as in who would play better if you brought them both out to a tennis court today, then I think most all of us can agree that Murray would bring the superior performance; however, if you were asking who is better in a more "big-picture" discussion of their career composit performance to date, then Djokovic would be substantially superior.

River
07-19-2009, 04:15 AM
Djokovic is a better playmaker... if he got his head on straight.

Murray... I mean yeah he's had a good year... But his mental attitude, in my opinion, can break far more easily than Nole's.

so Djoko.

rofe
07-19-2009, 04:27 AM
It's a tough call. Djokovic has a better offensive game and clearly better second serve, but Murray has the better ros, possibly better first serve, and probably more variety. I think that this one could go the way of Fed-Nadal in the long run... Djokovic being able to hit through Murray when he's on, but Murray winning defensively more often than Djokovic winning aggressively.

Based on what we've seen thus far, I go with Djokovic for better career. He can play all surfaces and is the easy #3 on clay, at the moment. Also, when he's on, he's a tough out for anyone at the slams. I don't think Murray has shown that he is to this point. If I was to take the A game of both, from what I've seen, Djokovic is better.

What I think could be amusing is when you pit them against their more successful contemporary Nadal. Over the next several years I see potential for Djokovic to have a positive h2h against Murray but getting owned by Nadal (just like he is currently). Murray could potentially go into positive h2h against Nadal and this could lead to some interesting dynamics between the three of them.

chenx15
07-19-2009, 05:16 AM
djokovic

Forehander
07-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Djokovic playing at his absolute best at the moment already but is purely just being surpassed and outplayed. That's the way he plays the game and he'll never be consistent. Clearly Andy Murray is the better player and if you talk about potential Murray isn't even half way to playing his best yet whereas Djokovic is already fulfilled. Some player's game never cease to fully mature and continue to improve non-stop. Federer was one, Second was Nadal and now it's Andy Murray. Even back as good as Federer was already in 2004 u'll just say, damn he's still got so much room to improve... Even from 2006 to 2008 when Nadal started coming into the scene dominating everybody with Fed you can still tell he's got tons more room for improvement. And now with Andy Murray, I'm not a huge fan but to me, he's only playing at 50% of what he's truly capable of. Such never ending potential is something I never saw in Novak Djokovic's game.

Radalek
07-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Djokovic playing at his absolute best at the moment already but is purely just being surpassed and outplayed. That's the way he plays the game and he'll never be consistent. Clearly Andy Murray is the better player and if you talk about potential Murray isn't even half way to playing his best yet whereas Djokovic is already fulfilled. Some player's game never cease to fully mature and continue to improve non-stop. Federer was one, Second was Nadal and now it's Andy Murray. Even back as good as Federer was already in 2004 u'll just say, damn he's still got so much room to improve... Even from 2006 to 2008 when Nadal started coming into the scene dominating everybody with Fed you can still tell he's got tons more room for improvement. And now with Andy Murray, I'm not a huge fan but to me, he's only playing at 50% of what he's truly capable of. Such never ending potential is something I saw in Novak Djokovic's game.

This only proves you started to watch tennis 12 months ago or you are extremely biased. Djokovic at his absolute best was bageling Murray left and right. At his best he's awful matchup for Andy. As for who's better...Murray clearly is better at the moment, having better results for a year now (although Novak took TMC at this period). Career wise Djokovic is obviously ahead now with slam and TMC but they both just turned 22 and they both have a lot of time ahead of them...but tennis is unpredicatble at times and who knows what future brings. What I find most important is to take your chances. Novak took one of his and got AO. Murray had two and didn't make it at USO last and AO this year. Motivation, injuries, inspiration...or some new player bursting on scene can change things.

Burrow
07-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Djokovic has won a slam... simple.

Noleta
07-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Novak at his best is way better than Murray and way entertainting to watch game wise.

MacTheKnife
07-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Overall career to date, edge Djok. This year to date, edge Murray. Depends on how you want to look at it. It's close, but Djok does have the slam, one more title, a 4-3 edge in the h2h, and about 5 more million to show for his efforts.

Allez
07-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Murray by a mile!

Clydey
07-19-2009, 05:49 PM
This only proves you started to watch tennis 12 months ago or you are extremely biased. Djokovic at his absolute best was bageling Murray left and right. At his best he's awful matchup for Andy. As for who's better...Murray clearly is better at the moment, having better results for a year now (although Novak took TMC at this period). Career wise Djokovic is obviously ahead now with slam and TMC but they both just turned 22 and they both have a lot of time ahead of them...but tennis is unpredicatble at times and who knows what future brings. What I find most important is to take your chances. Novak took one of his and got AO. Murray had two and didn't make it at USO last and AO this year. Motivation, injuries, inspiration...or some new player bursting on scene can change things.

That was in 2007 and on clay in early 2008. Not really relevant, since Murray only started to peak after Wimbledon 2008.

The OP should have specified what he meant. In terms of career achievements, it's Djokovic. On form over the last year, it's Murray.

Rafa = Fed Killa
07-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Same Age

Player A has 1 GS
Player B has 0 GS

Even a brain dead Fedtard should be able to figure this out.

MTF finding new lows daily.

tea
07-19-2009, 05:51 PM
It's like to ask who is better Nadal or Federer. The first one has winning H2H(that mean he's being better, eh?), the second one had just won a record number of Grand Slams. Djokovic is leading Murray in terms of Slam victories, true. Djokovic is nowhere close to Murray in terms of the potential success. Djokovic could beat not healthy Fed, but Murray will beat a top Fed or Nadal soon. Mark my words.

Steelq
07-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Murray is in better form,Djokovic is a better player.

ORGASMATRON
07-19-2009, 09:56 PM
It's like to ask who is better Nadal or Federer. The first one has winning H2H(that mean he's being better, eh?), the second one had just won a record number of Grand Slams. Djokovic is leading Murray in terms of Slam victories, true. Djokovic is nowhere close to Murray in terms of the potential success. Djokovic could beat not healthy Fed, but Murray will beat a top Fed or Nadal soon. Mark my words.

The Nadulltards needs to believe that after all the misery The Fed has inflicted upon them :shrug:

Burrow
07-19-2009, 09:59 PM

Yes and Federer is currently at his peak now isn't he? :rolleyes:

Same with Nadal, he's injured, so if Murray beats him soon, on a faster hard court, who cares?

ORGASMATRON
07-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Djokovic is better cos Murray is ugly.

Crazy Girl
07-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Same Age

Player A has 1 GS
Player B has 0 GS

:eek::eek::eek:Even a brain dead Fedtard should be able to figure this out.:eek::eek::eek:
And I understand this, believe me!!
MTF finding new lows daily.

You're right, dude!

Yes, if this is your thought, this equation is very good for me.
I agree with you in toto.

So, If you understand this very simple equation, tell me.... why you don't understand this:

That 15 slams are better than 6?

:p:pAh, Math this unknown.:p:p

OZTENNIS
07-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Murray.

shadows
07-19-2009, 11:42 PM
I would probably take Murray; I feel it's only this last year that he's really started to come into his own, and whilst Nole has the edge looking at their whole careers, Andy does seem to be rapidly catching him in the achievements stakes and is definitely playing the better tennis of the two right now.

MIMIC
07-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Both knocking on the door. Who in your opinion is better?

Murray is knocking; Djokovic already walked in.

superslam77
07-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Djoker for now.

Everko
07-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Murray plays like a neaderthal caveman.

Djokovic for the sure truth.

Forehander
07-20-2009, 04:45 AM

Yes I am biased. But I'm also just stating the truth. And Novak Djokovic is not a bad match-up for Andy Murray. Maybe in the past, but no longer. He's best when playing uni-dimensional medium paste base-line slogging players such as Nadal and Lleyton Hewitt. Not as good at playing players who can change up the paste and game such as Federer. Horrible against attacking players who can constantly rally the ball at high paste and depth due to his huge backswing and exaggerated rotation of his strokes. His shot-making ability all over the court is nowhere as brilliant as the other 3 in the top 4.

the graduate
07-20-2009, 04:49 AM
they are just not likeable and they whine a lot , atleast Joko has a little contrived personality but Murray is super boring.

Radalek
07-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Yes I am biased.

Thank you.