Summer Hardcourt Season 2009 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Summer Hardcourt Season 2009

soulage
07-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Arnaud will soon start the outdoor hard court season. Considering the fact he plays more and more crappy he could withdraw from some tournaments :confused: but he has a big schedule for the moment.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1001/29206585.jpg

Week 28 = Aptos Challenger = lost in first round
Week 29 = Indianapolis = lost in first round
Week 30 = Los Angeles = Withdraw
Week 31 = Washington = Withdraw
Week 32 = nothing
Week 33 = nothing
Week 34 = USO qualies = lost in first rou
Week 35 = St Remy de Provence Challenger = injury no plays the tournament

In Indianapolis he will play doubles with Marco.

Via
07-08-2009, 11:44 PM
thanks for the new thread :)

apart from number of tourneys, there's also the length of time spent in america :lol:

Kezzi
07-09-2009, 02:52 PM
He can practice his English if he doesn't feel like practicing tennis ;)

Do I see a new team here... Marco and Arno? :D

Hangdog
07-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the new thread and the latest updates!

Aptos Ch. 1st round: Arnaud Clement FRA [5] vs. Alex Bogomolov Jr. USA :o

higherlaw
07-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone!

There's an article in the San Jose Mercury News today about Kevin Kim at Aptos, which includes a little comment by Arnaud. Also, it seems there's a 23-year curse on the #1 seed at this challenger!!:rolleyes:

The excerpt:
France's Arnaud Clement is the the No. 1 seed. He is ranked highest out of any other entry at no. 53 in the world, and will be trying to break the 23-year-old curse of noNo. 1 seed coming away with the title.
"We'll see if I can play good enough tennis. I'm gonna get a good draw, but hopefully I can continue to play well," Clement said.

The 'noNo' typo is funny given his nickname!

The link:
http://www.mercurynews.com/centralcoast/ci_12823952

Hangdog
07-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Higherlaw :wavey: Thank you for posting the article, it's not often that Challenger events get mentioned in media.

A 23-year curse? Sounds like a scary tournament :unsure: Anyway with his current 120-something ranking Arnaud is only the #5 seed. And I wonder what kind of draw he considers as "good" these days :devil:

Via
07-14-2009, 08:50 AM
thanks higherlaw and irina for the updates :yeah:

the nono.1 is in grave danger of not only falling to the 23 year curse, but starting a new curse (for this tournament anyway) of falling in first round as well :tape:

ok now we're getting really cruel! :devil:

soulage
07-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks for updates.
"We'll see if I can play good enough tennis. I'm gonna get a good draw, but hopefully I can continue to play well," Clement said.Yes we'll wait and see :devil: Bogomolov feels better on US hard court than on grass so normally a loss of Arno wouldn't be unexpected :rolleyes:. As he plays in the middle of the night for us in france i'll see the result tomorrow. Arno was an highlight of the tournament presentation http://www.usta.com/sitecore/content/USTA/Global/Pro_Tennis/USTA_Pro_Circuit/Information/~/media/USTA/Document%20Assets/Pro_Circuit/MediaNotes/2009/AptosMediaNotes.ashx

Marine
07-14-2009, 06:47 PM
"continue to play well"

continue ? Or start ??? :o LOL

higherlaw
07-14-2009, 11:23 PM
continue ? Or start ??? :o LOL

:lol::lol:

This is from the Aptos website, written when Arnaud was the "noNo" seed!!:

http://www.seascapesportsclub.com/challenger/sponsorship/Top8.pdf

So, he's been to two very beautiful places in the US--Newport and Santa Cruz--this month. :dance:

Via
07-15-2009, 07:54 AM
well, we had our laughs, and now the bad news ....

bogomolov won 64 36 76(10)

it's indeed a 'continuation' of something though not called 'playing well' lol

soulage
07-15-2009, 08:14 AM
So, he's been to two very beautiful places in the US--Newport and Santa Cruz--this month. :dance:
He has time to tourism now :devil: He has five days before Indianapolis :cool: I hope he takes a guide to visit all the places during these two month.

The summary on the Aptos website says that the match lasted 3 and a half hours :eek: :eek: Big battle and considering the fact he lost the final tie-break 12-10 he surely had MP :rolleyes: I'm sure he lies when he says he's not here cos of his ranking but because of the game :lol: but the I'm in love with this game. I'm very lucky to be on tour and to do what i like to do sounds so real :angel:

soulage
07-15-2009, 02:37 PM
It's never good to play the same player two weeks in a row especially when you lost :lol:. As it writes on the newpapers reported by Higherlaw Junior had a strategy which was to play the forehand of Arno and of course he was very confident. http://www.mercurynews.com/centralcoast/ci_12839934 Apparently it was an entertaining match and it's Bogomolov and not Arno who received a warning because too much complains about the crowd :lol:

APTOS In a match that lasted more than three intense hours Tuesday night, Alex Bogomolov Jr. defeated France's Arnaud Clement 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 [10] in the first round of the Comerica Bank Challenger tennis tournament.

Each player used the entire court, forcing his opponent to stretch across Center Court at Seascape Sports Club and make creative returns. Both also brought out their power games. But the unseeded Bogomolov distinguished himself from the No. 5-seeded Clement with his hustle.
Bogomolov said he developed a winning strategy after beating Clement last week at a match in Newport on grass.
"I was feeling confident before the match, which is always a good way to begin," Bogomolov said. "Once it got going, I constructed the points the way I wanted to construct them."
After the first set, Clement began to pick up momentum. He used a combination of drop shots and aces to gain the advantage.
As the match picked up in intensity, so did the crowd noise, causing both players to pause to demand silence. Bogomolov resorted to hitting a ball toward the stands and was given a warning. After the match, however, he said the noise made the showdown more exciting.
"Once you are out there, it's easy to get frustrated," Bogomolov said. "Look, after the match, I think we both had fun. For me, playing tennis is fun. It goes hand in hand with every match."
After dropping the second set, Bogomolov changed his strategy, which helped him seal the victory and advance to a second-round match Thursday.
"I was trying to play his forehand more because he has a very solid backhand," Bogomolov said.
"It's always nice to get a win at night," he added. "You sleep much better."

Marine
07-15-2009, 07:20 PM
pfffffff... worse and worse. If only I could change of favorite player as I want... would be easier. But I just can't !
I didn't place a bet on the good players at the beginning. Arnaud doesn't win a match and seb is still and still injured. :timebomb:

soulage
07-15-2009, 08:05 PM
You should have bet on Santoro is like Jeanie Longo :rolls:

For Arno we wait a win after 6 loss :aparty: but for sure he won't give up before being ousted of the challenger entry list :lol: He won't be seeded in next tournaments so we hope amazingly easy draw :armed: and even there is not yet the stats the serve seems to have been better yesterday.

Via
07-15-2009, 11:31 PM
wow such an intense match... gave the local newspaper something to write about! :lol:

marine you should try to give up the frustration and start laughing like some of us... can't change things anyway, and it makes you feel better!

for now i'll just blame the fact that junior has become his nemesis... otherwise for a challenger he really should expect to win a round or two... or he really shouldn't be playing any more! :armed:

Kezzi
07-15-2009, 11:52 PM
I agree, it's better to laugh at things like this.

When Hemmes Jr. still played, I was amazed how he could lose from complete nobody's, but beat Soderling at the few times he could enter atp qualies and reach the second round. And every time at his matches I got frustrated, but looking back it was funny when I make it a theorie that it was me, because I've never seen him win when I was present. :lol: At the only match that went well, I had to leave after a few games.

For me it's so much easier with Arno now, I think his on court behavior can be hilarious and when he says he's happy playing and lucky to be on the tour, I believe him. There are many many players who dream of being in his place...

Also from talking to him and Bruno at tournaments over the years... I know he looks scary after a loss, but that's only right after. The rest of time when I see him walking around, or watching other matches, he really seems to enjoy himself.
I do believe that plays a big part too, because I had a job which I didn't love at times, but I enjoyed it everyday 'cause my colleagues were so amazing. :)
And tennis related again, I've seen a few Dutchies retire (and we all know they aren't the high potentials on tour atm :tape: ) and come back again within a year. They all say they come back, because they miss it too much, while at the time of retiring they claim they're fed up with all the losing and traveling....
That's big part of how I made up my theory above. ;)

Hangdog
07-16-2009, 07:11 PM
The summary on the Aptos website says that the match lasted 3 and a half hours :eek: :eek: Big battle and considering the fact he lost the final tie-break 12-10 he surely had MP :rolleyes: I'm sure he lies when he says he's not here cos of his ranking but because of the game :lol: but the I'm in love with this game. I'm very lucky to be on tour and to do what i like to do sounds so real :angel:
I followed a half of the last set on a scoreboard. Arnaud was down 1*-4, then managed to come back to 4-4 and after he saved one or two match balls on his way to the tie-break. As for the tie-break, Arnaud was up 5-2*, but I'm not sure what happened next as my SB got stuck. And it was indeed a looong match, sometimes there were quite long pauses between points, and I had a suspicion that someone was taking time to complain a bit about everything. It is funny to read that Bogomolov was one to receive a warning!

Anyway I'm glad to know that Arnaud remains in love with the game and isn't too much frustrated. So for now we can keep laughing and pulling a few jokes from time to time :)

soulage
07-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks for your report he surely managed to reach the final tie-break cos of his love of the game and not his level of play.
Bogomomolov just lost easily to the young australian Matosevic :lol: The only two matches he won this year was against Arno :devil:

Via
07-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks for your report he surely managed to reach the final tie-break cos of his love of the game and not his level of play.
Bogomomolov just lost easily to the young australian Matosevic :lol: The only two matches he won this year was against Arno :devil:

:lol: soulage, you're a reason why i have to laugh following arno on this forum :worship:

thanks for your theories too, kezzie and irina!

is he qualifying for the next tourney?

edit: nah he's in the main draw @ indianapolis

[3] Sam QUERREY (USA) v Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA)

anyone thinks he will continue his level of play? :devil:

btw bogomolov is #2 seed in qualifying in same tournament... thanks to wins against arno, he has collected a few points! lol

soulage
07-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Sam Querrey on US Harcourt :o even in good period it's tough so now :eek: Well anyway he did nothing with easy draw :devil: With Marco they draw Becker/Kunitsyn.

soulage
07-20-2009, 08:19 AM
He plays today on center court and on the ATP website we can find the stats of the match vs Junior last week and in fact he has still no serve :rolleyes: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Share/Match-Facts-Pop-Up.aspx?t=467&y=2009&r=3&p=C487 49% of first serve and only 40% of points wins behind his second ball. That's true he hitted 8 aces but also 9 DF. The serve is also the reflect of the confidence but it's amazing to see his stats on serve since Wim :eek: It would't be tough for Querrey to break him with such awful serve.

Via
07-21-2009, 12:52 AM
match finished a while ago, an easy-looking 63 64 win for querry :awww:

Marine
07-21-2009, 09:01 AM
How to enjoy tennis in these conditions, arnaud ??? :rolleyes:

soulage
07-21-2009, 09:31 AM
How to enjoy tennis in these conditions, arnaud ??? :rolleyes:
Well if he loves to play maybe :confused: but i assume that frustration is here after 7 loss in a row and six first round exit lol. When we see the fields of LA and Washington it's tough to find a near end at this serie. For yesterday it was clear that Querrey he's a better player so more logical than past weeks.
I follow on score board since the match was about to start just before i dcided to go to sleep and finnaly i follow all the match :smash: it was fast 1hour10min. The problem has been that he wasn't able to return Querrey's serve who hit near 80% of serve but Arno looked better on his serve :)

set 1 : Broken at 1-2 from 15. Tough on second serves of course but better otherwise with 5 aces and no DF. His great stats of that first set has been the 2 points won on the 5 Querrey service games including 1 DF lol.
Set 2 :Broken at 1-1 on AD after having a GP and after that and until the end he held all his service games by love. I assume that after making the break Querrey focus on his own serve to finish.

I'm wondering what Arno does all that weeks in US :confused: . Bruno is not there in Indy there is De Chaunac & Gicquel but for exemple in Aptos he was alone. Two month alone in US with first round exit it might be very long :lol: The english lessons was a good idea like tourisme but is it his choice ?

Marine
07-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Well if he loves to play maybe
But he's a competitor, he's supposed to hate loss... lol

I'm wondering what Arno does all that weeks in US :confused: . Bruno is not there in Indy there is De Chaunac & Gicquel but for exemple in Aptos he was alone. Two month alone in US with first round exit it might be very long :lol: The english lessons was a good idea like tourisme but is it his choice ?
Good question. He has free time after his first rounds. And not so many french players with him. It's never too late to practice his english.
Weird "holiday" in perspective... lol

soulage
07-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Weird "holiday" in perspective... lol
Yes especially cos he loves holidays lol. Sometimes it must be boring :confused:. Today they have the double with Marco so he has something to prepare but still 5 days before LA. The Golf maybe ? But alone ?

For the loss and the fact is a commpetitor i really think is less touched by that but in december when he will train for next year maybe he will wondering about the efforts and the sacrifices is making to be #150. Well it's his life.

I was thinkink that if the US season is very long we could expect he skip the asian season in autumn to play the challengers in Europe :confused:. Rennes-Orleans-Mons are near Paris so after the loss you can back home :devil:.

higherlaw
07-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Yes especially cos he loves holidays lol. Sometimes it must be boring :confused:. Today they have the double with Marco so he has something to prepare but still 5 days before LA. The Golf maybe ? But alone ?

Maybe Nolwenn is with him or flying in soon? Surely she would love to be in LA and be "seen" at that tournament. Also, Indy is close to Ohio where I think she spent some time. Possibly they'd go there and then to LA?

Otherwise, maybe just getting in some serving practice in LA!

I wonder if he reads this and just laughs at our guesses about his life? :scratch:

Marine
07-21-2009, 05:19 PM
I wonder if he reads this and just laughs at our guesses about his life? :scratch:

oh yeah :lol:
I don't think he comes here (I don't hope so), but if it's the case, he might be :rolleyes: about us.

Nolwenn is supposed to finish her album and stay in paris. But she recorded some songs in LA the last year, she knows the city and I don't think she likes "to be seen".
Anyway, who know her there ?

soulage
07-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Arno didn't enter Montreal Qualies even he's not so far in the MD alternates list, #7 I think, and for Cincy qualies he could not have an enough high ranking so maybe we have found his break period :devil: but to prepare USO qualies two weeks of rest is maybe too much. Well we'll see what he will do :angel:

higherlaw
07-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Of interest---Arnaud is currently not on the doubles list for Washington, as Gicquel and Tsonga are paired.

Via
07-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Of interest---Arnaud is currently not on the doubles list for Washington, as Gicquel and Tsonga are paired.

:lol: even marc has found a partner that can serve :p

just practise your serve every day during your summer break, arno ;)

(in case he does come here and listens to our advice)

soulage
07-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Yes Marco find a player with witch one is able to enter a 500 :devil: but even with the #8 of Jo they're on the alt list for Washington doubles draw. Arno only plays with average ranked players :angel: so he can only enter the 250. Anyway we can't say that Marco & Arno are a great double team :secret: since they lost again yesterday. I think that is best patner this year has been Rainer :) except Mika of course. The double ranking will also suck at the end of the year :silly:.

So Arno has 5 day off before LA :umbrella: Seb De Chaunac lost vs Ginepri yesterday and i assume he will play the qualies of LA. Arno has a buddy to wait :cool:

Kezzi
07-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I was thinkink that if the US season is very long we could expect he skip the asian season in autumn to play the challengers in Europe :confused:. Rennes-Orleans-Mons are near Paris so after the loss you can back home :devil:.
Mons sounds great for me! I can go there easily by train. :D

Kezzi
07-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Maybe Nolwenn is with him or flying in soon? Surely she would love to be in LA and be "seen" at that tournament. Also, Indy is close to Ohio where I think she spent some time. Possibly they'd go there and then to LA?

Otherwise, maybe just getting in some serving practice in LA!

Nolwenn was in Paris on Monday. My sister and I were on holiday there and we saw her. :) She was in a hurry, but still very very nice to us and she's sooooooooooooooo beautiful in real life! :D
We also discovered that we not only have the same sunglasses, but also the same shoes. My sister the same color, I have them in black. :lol:

Kezzi
07-23-2009, 10:52 AM
oh yeah :lol:
I don't think he comes here (I don't hope so), but if it's the case, he might be :rolleyes: about us.

Nolwenn is supposed to finish her album and stay in paris. But she recorded some songs in LA the last year, she knows the city and I don't think she likes "to be seen".
Anyway, who know her there ?
I guess he knows were joking here with all the :lol: and :p smileys that has to be clear. ;)

I always wonder which players read here about themselves... :scratch:

soulage
07-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Mons sounds great for me! I can go there easily by train. :D
Mons is considered as one of the best challenger each year with great cut. We'll see if it's the choice of Arno.

I just read that Arno withdrew from LA & Washinghton ;) The reason is surely I'm fed up :lol: and not an injury or a personal reason.
He has time for some holidays now :rocker2:
I assume a come back for USO qualies or cincy qualies. It's probably a good decision :cool: even it's the best sould have been to make the break after wim.

higherlaw
07-23-2009, 04:53 PM
I just read that Arno withdrew from LA & Washinghton ;) The reason is surely I'm fed up :lol: and not an injury or a personal reason.

:tears::mad::sad::bigcry::sobbing::shout:

Kezzi
07-23-2009, 09:38 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Kezzi
07-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Mons is considered as one of the best challenger each year with great cut. We'll see if it's the choice of Arno.

I assume a come back for USO qualies or cincy qualies. It's probably a good decision :cool: even it's the best sould have been to make the break after wim.
I hope so. :) I know it's a great challenger, never been there myself, but my best friend always tells the greatest stories about that place. :D

I think he'll give personal reason for it... Nico L. also withdrew from Scheveningen challenger with personal reason and in the same week I see uploads from partying in Ibiza and Rome on Facebook... Now that doesn't have to mean he was actually there that week, but is does make you think... :scratch:

higherlaw
07-24-2009, 01:36 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww, thanks!:D

Kezzi
07-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Aww, thanks!:D
I know what it's like to have a favorite cancel 'your' tourneys, Nico Lapentti did it twice in a little more than one year. :(
And he already didn't come to NL a lot before. Just one time since the time I'm a fan. (In 2001 he was in R'dam, but I became a fan right after. So first and only chance to meet him was Amersfoort '05.)

Via
07-25-2009, 12:24 AM

not even he can put up with his own sh!tty play any more :o or a long stint in america + his !!! play.

so sorry :hug: it's not a given that he'll be back again, i know..

I hope so. :) I know it's a great challenger, never been there myself, but my best friend always tells the greatest stories about that place. :D

I think he'll give personal reason for it... Nico L. also withdrew from Scheveningen challenger with personal reason and in the same week I see uploads from partying in Ibiza and Rome on Facebook... Now that doesn't have to mean he was actually there that week, but is does make you think... :scratch:

:lol:

hey who else (players) can be followed on facebook? (other than if they add you privately as friend lol)

Kezzi
07-26-2009, 09:14 PM
:lol:

hey who else (players) can be followed on facebook? (other than if they add you privately as friend lol)
I know Roger has a Facebook for his fans, but most of them need to add you.
Some add everyone, like Nico and Simone Bolelli. But Simone deleted his Facebook, so I could only follow him for a short time. I guess because pictures of him and his girlfriend got posted all over the web. Think some players are naive about Facebook in the beginning when they add everyone... I don't post Nico's pics someplace else, because I think they're private, but not everyone is like me. And I don't think Nico would care (he has over 2,000 friends there), so I think he has it for fans. There's nothing too private on there, just party pics. With Bolelli that was different, he added fans too and when he got together with his girlfriend they used it to keep in touch. That's not really something for the fans, so I guess that's why he deleted his account. But I'm happy with Nico's Facebook, because somehow his official site stopped working for me a few weeks ago. People here at mtf can access it... me and my friend (from the same city) can't anymore, very weird. :scratch:

But just look for your favorites and then you'll see if you can follow them. :)

Arnaud doesn't have Facebook by the way, to keep it a little on topic. :p
I already looked for him. :o

kukka
07-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Well, I have two tennis players as my friends in Facebook, Wayne Ferreira and Jeff Coetzee. I asked them because I have talked with them and they could actually remember meeting me. ;) I know that there are several other players, too, but I don't want to ask them to be my friends just because they are famous.

Elina

higherlaw
07-31-2009, 01:13 PM
so sorry :hug: it's not a given that he'll be back again, i know..

Wow, I hadn't thought about it in that way. :rolleyes:

No too many frenchies on the Washington entry lists this year. Suppose Tsonga will be a big draw!

higherlaw
07-31-2009, 04:28 PM
The Washington tournament website notes several player who have withdrawn due to injury--included in that list is Arnaud...:scratch: did I miss something? It doesn't state what his "injury" is.

'Several previously announced committed players have been forced to withdraw today, due to significant injuries tournament officials announced. These include former Legg Mason Tennis Classic champions James Blake (who continues to suffer from a severe foot injury sustained during Davis Cup competition) and Arnaud Clement; as well as Gaels Monfils (a wrist injury that has kept him out of competition since he had to pull out in second round at Queen’s Club nearly two months ago), and Radek Stepanek (knee injury sustained during Davis Cup).'

Full article here: http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.com/news.aspx?news_id=166

Marine
07-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the article.
But I think this "injury" is an excuse. He's not injured otherwise I would have seen it in l'equipe.
He's just fed up. I can understand.

soulage
07-31-2009, 06:39 PM
Same here I don't think an injury is the reason off pulling out from LA & Washington but we can't be sure without news.

Anyway it will be a long break since he didn't even try to enter Cincy qualies or maybe he knew his ranking wasn't good enough = The cut is #91. I assume he will soon pull out from Montreal alternates list and the come back could be only in USO qualies at the end of august after 4 weeks 1/2 of break :eek::eek:

higherlaw
08-02-2009, 10:52 AM
:p Just stopped in to say it's odd not to see Arnaud in Washington and not have anything to post about him!

For you, Kezzi, I will follow Nico Lapentti's progress. :angel:

Kezzi
08-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks! :) And another :hug: for you, for missing Arno and following Nico. ;)

Via
08-08-2009, 07:59 AM
sure enough he's out of montreal's qualies... but has signed up for us open qualies.

one can only hope that he has been playing some tennis these days! lol

our previous hope for him to spend a long hot summer in america, learning english etc, is not to be.

Truc
08-08-2009, 09:46 AM
one can only hope that he has been playing some tennis these days! lolHe does play, the articles about Richard say he's training with Arnaud in Aix-en-Provence at the moment.

soulage
08-12-2009, 02:20 PM
I thought he would have taken a more longer holiday break and wait a little bit to restart the train.
Anyway it will done 5 weeks without competition as he will be rusty in USO qualies :tennis: and he maybe should book a flight back not too late :devil:.

And no injury in question since he received a 0 for illegal withdrawal in Washington. It was his second withdrawal for personal reason after LA and only one is allowed. That doesn't help him either to count one less tournament.

I'm also wondering if he will enter the double in USO :confused: and will focus to St Remy challenger.

soulage
08-18-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm also wondering if he will enter the double in USO :confused: and will focus to St Remy challenger.
He's not in the list of St-Remy posted in the subforum :confused: I've no idea what exactly he's doing because losing in USO qualies and not play St-Remy would give him again 3 or 4 weeks of break :cuckoo: He could ask for a WC but a bit stupid when you don't need one. Maybe he has already stop his season :lol:

Hangdog
08-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Nothing can prevent him from enjoying his traditional holiday in September :cool:

I'm also curious about what his calendar is going to be alike now, I guess he'll have to stick to qualies and maybe play a couple of Challengers :scratch: Luckily he has almost no points to defend - in singles, and not like he was caring about doubles so much lately.

soulage
08-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Nothing can prevent him from enjoying his traditional holiday in September :cool:
Yes 5 weeks of break in july/august - one match - 3 weeks of break until october :lol: it's fun in a way. Well he said few month ago that he will play in St Remy and finally is not the list but as it's tough to follow his mind lately :confused:

I'm also curious about what his calendar is going to be alike now, I guess he'll have to stick to qualies and maybe play a couple of Challengers :scratch: Luckily he has almost no points to defend - in singles, and not like he was caring about doubles so much lately.
He could try the qualies of Metz and after three challengers in a row Mons - Rennes - Orleans but it should be too much for him considering his new standards :devil: Then the qualies of Lyon, of Basel/Valence and of Paris of course it will depend of his ranking which could be enough for some of them.

I think he can't be under #175 at the end of year and more around #150 if we considers he won't win more points this year :devil:

And for doubles it's really a pity cos even if in single it's more and more tough, in doubles there were something for enjoying more than he does lately :sad:

soulage
08-20-2009, 01:18 PM
There is an article in the local newpapers about Le Trophée des Alpilles http://www.laprovence.com/articles/2009/08/20/891201-Sport-Region-Marcos-Baghdatis-tete-d-affiche-du-premier-trophee-des-Alpilles.php but they don't say why Arno doesn't enter St Remy :o and for a WC it doesn't sound to be a real project :retard:

David Guez et Sébastien De Chaunac sont pour l'instant les deux seuls Provençaux inscrits. À moins que Arnaud Clément ne bénéficie d'une wild card au dernier moment. "Tout va dépendre de son parcours à l'US Open (il y joue les qualifs en simple et le tableau final en double)", précise Fritz.

So Arno should play the double in USO according the article but with whom ? Otherwise the only news about Arno i read in l'equipe was about Richard and their 10 days of train in Aix.

Via
08-22-2009, 10:34 AM
the mysterious monsieur clement...

if he's a woman i'd speculate he's got himself pregnant lol

Marine
08-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Oh Via :lol:

Kezzi
08-22-2009, 11:42 PM
:rolls:
Who knows, Arnold could do it as a man also. :p

soulage
08-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Arno has entered the USO doubles draw with Mika http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=149747

Via
08-24-2009, 01:10 AM
good, it's a more solid news than what i had made up :p

thanks soulage

soulage
08-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Rui Machado POR (7)vs Ricardo Hocevar BRA
Santiago Gonzalez MEX vs Alexander Domijan USA
Caio Zampieri BRA vs Dieter Kindlmann GER
Tim Smyczek USA vs Arnaud Clement FRA (20)

To be the honnest i don't know a lot about Smyczek but after 5 weeks of break i would be surprised if Arno goes through the qualies maybe win one match but i don't bet on this :devil:

Kezzi
08-24-2009, 11:13 PM
I think he'll make it! After this amount of rest he should be exploding with all this conserved energy, allez Arnaud! :bounce:

soulage
08-25-2009, 04:06 PM
In some french websites they're wondering why he's coming indeed :lol: and don't give hime many chances and the more funny is this US website lol http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Tennis/US-Open-2009--Arnaud-Clement-and-Xavier-Malisse-200908250012/
Former finalist of the 2001 Australian Open Arnaud Clement is also having to prove himself from the qualifying rounds. Currently ranked 143rd in the world Clement is in a free fall on the tour of late as he was a top 50 player earlier this year. Clement has been apart of the main draw of the US Open since 1998 but the US Open is the fastest tournament in tennis and 31 year old legs are very old legs. Clement, who hasn't won a match since the French, will do well just to make it to a tiebreaker in a round 1 match.
The old legs of the old Arno :rolls: Smyczek is WC here and has improved his ranking about 100 spots last month with good results on US Harcourts challenger. The old legs of Arno will face a young and confident US guy lol.

Marine
08-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Old legs are not the problem I think.
He's able to win this first round. After spending several weeks at home to practice with Richard, sure he'll come back better than the last months.
It can't be worse. Let's be positive !

Hangdog
08-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Rui Machado POR (7)vs Ricardo Hocevar BRA
Santiago Gonzalez MEX vs Alexander Domijan USA
Caio Zampieri BRA vs Dieter Kindlmann GER
Tim Smyczek USA vs Arnaud Clement FRA (20)
A cakewalk of a draw :sport:
31 year old legs are very old legs
Quote of the week! http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/9721/pomnilj5.gif
It can't be worse. Let's be positibe !
Very true.
I think we can stay positive as long as Richard doesn't mind having Arnaud as his sparring partner :cool:

Marine
08-25-2009, 07:50 PM
We can stay positive as long as Richard doesn't mind having Arnaud as his sparring partner :cool:

Sparring partner "de luxe" alors ! LOL

Kezzi
08-25-2009, 09:23 PM
After that message of old legs, Smyczek will underestimate Arno. :devil:

Via
08-26-2009, 12:08 AM
old legs.... now we have something to call him behind his back http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/9721/pomnilj5.gif

(and this from an old mouth lol)

soulage
08-26-2009, 04:44 PM
He's able to win this first round. After spending several weeks at home to practice with Richard, sure he'll come back better than the last months.
It can't be worse. Let's be positive !
Not too much positive :devil: he needs rythm and confidence atm he's 1-4 down in first set :rolleyes:

Marine
08-26-2009, 05:16 PM
"will do well just to make it to a tiebreaker in a round 1 match"

...first round...tie break :eek:

Marine
08-26-2009, 05:25 PM
...and he lost this tiebreak.

:o:banghead:
Ok, stop. I leave.... *fed up*

soulage
08-26-2009, 05:42 PM
He lost the tie-break 6-8 on a DF apparently and he's already one break down in the second set after a long game of 15 minutes :rocker2: I'm not surprised even it's a bit cruel.

soulage
08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Lost in two tie-break and 2hours20min

The previous match on court 7 lasted less than one hour so Arno was on court around noon it was surely very warm.

Set1 he was broken at 1-2 then broke back for a *3-4 to be broken another time and broke back again. They held their two last service games of the set to reach the tie-break where Arno lost on a DF appaently.
Set2 he was broken on first game after a very long game which lasted more than 10 minutes according stats but not sure about that. That was surely too much for the old legs of Arno :lol:. He held his second service game struggled on his third saved one match point at *3-5 to finally break back while the young us guy was serving for the match. On the tie-break he was always behind as during the match and one mini break was enough for Smyczek.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6597/statsnvs.jpg

In this match he has fight despite not always very good stats on serve. Considering the fact he hasn't the level to go through these qualifying draw it's not surprising but if he had won the first set who knows what would have happened. Anyway Arno has never been a guy who can come back from a 5 weeks of break and win easily ;). On his current level it's logical but as usually i'm wondering what is the project of a guy of 32 years old who hasn't win a match since 3 month :eek: and now lost to WC in qualifying :confused: He doesn't seem be attracted by playing challengers in his country :rolleyes: but if he's decided to play the indoor season it could give many answers to these questions. What does he really wants ? Continue on challenger tour ? try to find a partner to play doubles ? Since the end of the clay season something is broken what does it means ?

Now he has to wait a long week in NY watching others guys winning :devil: or training for the MD before playing his double match and for his single carreer maybe in one month :rolleyes:.

Via
08-27-2009, 12:51 AM
gee this is truly a low point in his career :o

he really has to ask himself if he still wants to play... and if he does, taking all these breaks is not going to help.

this week in ny may help him answer some questions... unless he's pulling out of the doubles as well

Baghdatis#1
08-27-2009, 03:23 AM
:(

soulage
08-27-2009, 08:43 AM
unless he's pulling out of the doubles as well
Maybe :rolleyes: Cos he has a back injury

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/974/dos.jpg

He has blocked his back on monday and played under medicines but for him it's not the problem. He says he was grotesque playing as a -15 :lol: not able to put the ball in court after three shots. He adds that he could withdraw from doubles considering how his arm and his back will react.

If you wants my opinion it doesn't seem motivated :rolleyes: and the withdraw could arrive soon and he should never ask a WC for St Remy. Without injury it was not good but with injury it just :tape:

Marine
08-27-2009, 08:52 PM
L'Equipe

soulage
08-29-2009, 08:47 AM
It's done he withdrew from doubles :rolleyes: Llodra will play with Ljubicic. Arno took an airplane last night back to france.
I'm not sure that the problem is really the back injury :devil: the head is surely another. It was one of last chances to win doubles points and to play with Micka. They writes that Micka was mis devant le fait accompli it sounds strange cos in french it means that micka would have learned after Arno withdrew ? Micka found his new partner yesterday morning so Arno has decided to withdraw thursday only one day after his qualifying match we can't say that he wait a long time to see the evolution.
A come back in 4 weeks in metz qualies ? It will be interesting to see if he enters the challengers played after Metz. Well, the guy who was in love with tennis and who wanted to play tennis for a long time has disappear :bigwave:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2663/forfaito.jpg

Marine
08-29-2009, 10:12 AM
I agree with your last sentence (does he relly enjoy playing ??), but I'm not sure we have to be surprised by "le fait accompli", which could sounds a bit negative, but not there. It's the case for every double withdrew at last moment I guess. In general, the partner gets troubles to find a new partner.

soulage
08-29-2009, 10:53 AM
I agree with your last sentence (does he relly enjoy playing ??)
The fact he didn't enter St Remy was an indication of his state of mind imo :devil:

, but I'm not sure we have to be surprised by "le fait accompli", which could sounds a bit negative, but not there.It's the case for every double withdrew at last moment I guess. In general, the partner gets troubles to find a new partner.
It depends of how the journalist used this expression. Micka & Arno played 2 tournaments together this year :eek: and they managed to win title in Marseille the results are quite good indeed but they missed all the opportunities to play again and with his ranking Arno will not enter the 250 soon so it will surely not help him for his love in tennis.
I don't know if he now thinks to retire :confused: but for the single is quite old :rolls: Except Santoro ;) all the players older than arno in top 200 are not at their best either. It definetly not easy when you're over 32 years old to play good all season.

#44 Santoro born in december 1972
#81 Gicquel born in march 1977
#96 Schuettler born in april 1976
#105 Moya born in august 1976
#129 Kiefer born in july 1977
#130 Spadea born in july 1974
#143 Arno born in december 1977
#140 Koubek born in january 1977
#142 Lee born in january 1976
#149 De Chaunac born in october 1977
#163Lapentti born in august 1976
#175 Canas born in november 1977

He could play one or two years on challenger tour but does he really want it. During AO he said he didn't train to be #90 but he also said it wasn't a problem to play challengers and to be #200. It's tough to know what is his really mind.

Marine
08-29-2009, 11:23 AM
C'est pas réjouissant tout ça :awww:

Via
08-30-2009, 01:12 AM
It's done he withdrew from doubles :rolleyes: Llodra will play with Ljubicic. Arno took an airplane last night back to france.
I'm not sure that the problem is really the back injury :devil: the head is surely another. It was one of last chances to win doubles points and to play with Micka. They writes that Micka was mis devant le fait accompli it sounds strange cos in french it means that micka would have learned after Arno withdrew ? Micka found his new partner yesterday morning so Arno has decided to withdraw thursday only one day after his qualifying match we can't say that he wait a long time to see the evolution.
A come back in 4 weeks in metz qualies ? It will be interesting to see if he enters the challengers played after Metz. Well, the guy who was in love with tennis and who wanted to play tennis for a long time has disappear :bigwave:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2663/forfaito.jpg

it must be a head injury now :devil:

this doubles was perhaps his last chance this season to do something more positive even if they might not get far. but if they could win one match or two it would be better for the confidence, less frustration and a memory of the old days. now he's even blown this possibility. it's not a logical decision unless he's really sucked even at practice.:rolleyes:

Marine
09-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Arnaud says sunday if he plays in St-Remy or not. It will depend on his back.

"Tennis - Trophée des Alpilles : Gasquet, c'est non

Bernard Fritz en avait rêvé. Richard Gasquet en tête d’affiche du 1er Trophée des Alpilles, c’eut été la plus belle des promotions pour le tout nouveau tournoi Challenger de Saint-Rémy. "Finalement, Richard ne viendra pas. Il a décidé de ne pas jouer cette semaine. En revanche, j’attends la réponse d’Arnaud Clément, ce dimanche après-midi."

Blessé au dos, il y a dix jours à New-York, l’Aixois a perdu dès le 1er tour des qualifications à l’US Open avant de devoir déclarer forfait en double. "Il doit faire un dernier essai demain dans la matinée à Aix. S’il se sent capable, il pourrait venir à Saint-Rémy, tout comme Marc Gicquel", espère le directeur du tournoi."

http://www.laprovence.com/articles/2009/09/05/903741-Region-en-direct-Tennis-Trophee-des-Alpilles-Gasquet-c-est-non.php

soulage
09-06-2009, 06:13 PM
If he wasn't OK on saturday i don't know why he would have been OK today :confused: so no St-Remy for Arno.

10 days of injury break after 5 weeks of summer break :devil: it will give 1 match in 2 month :eek: I hope it's not a big problem cos the back it can be very long. The qualies of Metz are in 2 weeks we'll see if he can replay one day.
I watch the last musketeers episode and during the train with Richard in aix Arno was beaten 1-6 by the out of form Richard lol He would need very long weeks of train to be able to win a match what he can't do actually.

Hangdog
09-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Richard Gasquet en tête d’affiche du 1er Trophée des Alpilles
That could be funny :devil:
If he wasn't OK on saturday i don't know why he would have been OK today :confused: so no St-Remy for Arno.

10 days of injury break after 5 weeks of summer break :devil: it will give 1 match in 2 month :eek: I hope it's not a big problem cos the back it can be very long. The qualies of Metz are in 2 weeks we'll see if he can replay one day.
I watch the last musketeers episode and during the train with Richard in aix Arno was beaten 1-6 by the out of form Richard lol He would need very long weeks of train to be able to win a match what he can't do actually.
Yes, the rest of the season looks very unclear. The comeback to play one match of Metz qualies will be quite random. He is in the ALT lists of all the Asian tournaments, but it is going to be hard to believe that he might actually come and play some matches there.
Maybe he'd better indeed take some time off, just to see what his life without tennis is going to be alike, to try to find the answers to all these questions he must have been asking himself lately.

And Soulage, thanks a lot for all the reports, articles and opinions, you seem to be the only one out there who is still able to watch any match of Arnaud from the beginning to the end and then even find words to describe what it was alike. Merci :worship:

soulage
09-06-2009, 07:28 PM
And Soulage, thanks a lot for all the reports, articles and opinions, you seem to be the only one out there who is still able to watch any match of Arnaud from the beginning to the end and then even find words to describe what it was alike. Merci :worship:
I'm able to follow Sharapova matches :lol: when you can watch a women tennis matches where a girl hits around 25 DF and 70 UE follow an Arno's matche it's more easy indeed. I watch women tennis to appreciate out of form male tennis players :devil: cos they're always more fun to follow.

Yes, the rest of the season looks very unclear. The comeback to play one match of Metz qualies will be quite random. He is in the ALT lists of all the Asian tournaments, but it is going to be hard to believe that he might actually come and play some matches there.
Maybe he'd better indeed take some time off, just to see what his life without tennis is going to be alike, to try to find the answers to all these questions he must have been asking himself lately.
I don't believe in the asian season since the beginning and i was surprised to find hs name in the Alt :confused: for my the european challenger was more logical no big travel and french speaker lol.
Stop the season to think of his real desire and maybe to start to think of the after tennis life could be a nice solution for him :angel:

HS : what's happened to Nico Devilder ? He has disappear of the tour, still his ankle ?

Marine
09-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm able to follow Sharapova matches :lol: when you can watch a women tennis matches where a girl hits around 25 DF and 70 UE follow an Arno's matche it's more easy indeed. I watch women tennis to appreciate out of form male tennis players :devil: cos they're always more fun to follow.

Good tactic ! :lol:
You're couragious, women tennis is so boring (and sharapova even more !)

Hangdog
09-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Good tactics indeed :lol: :worship:

As for the Asian season, I don't know what he was thinking about entering those tournaments, but it's quite funny that he could be bothered to do that :devil:

As for Nico, as far as I know, he has torn ligaments in his ankle. In the beginning it didn't look too bad, but I've got an impression that it gets more and more serious (but maybe it's just me). Hopefully next week there will be some more news.
I terribly miss him :awww:

Via
09-07-2009, 12:57 AM

I don't believe in the asian season since the beginning and i was surprised to find hs name in the Alt :confused: for my the european challenger was more logical no big travel and french speaker lol.
Stop the season to think of his real desire and maybe to start to think of the after tennis life could be a nice solution for him :angel:

HS : what's happened to Nico Devilder ? He has disappear of the tour, still his ankle ?

:haha: this is the funniest tactic i've heard for a long time ;)

...don't get my hopes up cos i may be going to one of those asian tournaments! :awww: actually i don't see the alt list getting to that long in the entry list thread.

Good tactics indeed :lol: :worship:

As for the Asian season, I don't know what he was thinking about entering those tournaments, but it's quite funny that he could be bothered to do that :devil:

As for Nico, as far as I know, he has torn ligaments in his ankle. In the beginning it didn't look too bad, but I've got an impression that it gets more and more serious (but maybe it's just me). Hopefully next week there will be some more news.

:hug: he'll come back

i'm thinking that entering a tournament means pressing a button on his computer screen... no big deal :devil:

soulage
09-07-2009, 06:20 PM
It's long since RG for a ankle torned :eek:

...don't get my hopes up cos i may be going to one of those asian tournaments! actually i don't see the alt list getting to that long in the entry list thread.
With Arno we never know :lol: if he enters on alternates list maybe he will try the qualies even it's a bit crazy :drink: or he should also the doubles there but i'm not sure his ranking is high enough t enter them :devil:

Via
09-08-2009, 12:21 AM
It's long since RG for a ankle torned :eek:

With Arno we never know :lol: if he enters on alternates list maybe he will try the qualies even it's a bit crazy :drink: or he should also the doubles there but i'm not sure his ranking is high enough t enter them :devil:

he has to be sitting at home feeling very bored in order to get him out to the east.

if that happens, it's not likely he'll quit in a fit and fly home again cos it's also a long way home lol

the higher ranked frenchies are of course going.