College Tennis: General Talk & News- 2011 Pre-season Talk/Make your predictions [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

College Tennis: General Talk & News- 2011 Pre-season Talk/Make your predictions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Ozone
06-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the much-needed College Tennis Thread!!:wavey:

http://www.cmsathletics.org/images/mten/m_tennis_vp.jpg
http://www.collegetennisonline.com/Uploads/Common/Images/USC_ctofeatured.jpg

[center]http://www.tcnjathletics.com/images/2007/4/30/rp_primary_m_tennis_hr.jpg

Ozone
06-25-2009, 10:34 PM
ABOUT COLLEGE TENNIS

GENERAL & SCORING: A team's best 6 singles players play in the teams' singles line-up. The top 3 doubles players/teams play in a team's doubles line-up. The objective of college tennis dual matches is to get to 4 points first, out of a possible 7. A point is awarded for every singles win a player in the team's top 6 records, and 1 point is awarded in the 3 doubles matches, to whomever wins 2 out of 3 or all doubles matches. Players are allowed to play both singles and doubles, because they are played at separate times.

RANKINGS: Not only are teams ranked, but individual players are ranked as well, by the ITA- Intercollegiate Tennis Association. The ITA ranks the top 75 teams, the top 125 singles players, and the top 90 doubles teams are ranked. Rankings are updated usually every week. Strength of schedule, RPI, and Win-loss record is calculated in all of it.

Tournaments: The first MAIN tournament of the year is the ITA National Indoors. The ITA National Indoors takes place in the beginning of the season, late January-early February. The ITA National Indoors takes a few of the best teams in the nation to play for a national championship title. Individual singles, doubles, and team play is included in this. The ITA National Indoors gives teams chances to beat the best of the best teams. The Virginia Cavaliers (#3 year-end ranking) won the ITA National Indoors this past year (2010).

Conference tournaments take place every year at the end of every team's conference regular season play. Conference tournaments are important because it is the final say for teams to try to get into the NCAA Tournament. If a team wins their conference tournament, they receive an automatic bid to play in the NCAA tournament. Conference tournaments include all teams in the conference, regardless of rank. Seeds are based on how teams performed in the conference throughout the regular season.

The NCAA Tournament is the most prestigious tournament a team can win. It takes place at the very end of the year in every division. The team tournament is played first, followed by individual singles (the best 64 singles players) and the doubles tournament (the best 64 doubles teams). NCAA tournament selections are given to X amount of conference tournament champions (30-35) and the remaining number of spots left are at-large bids, given to the best remaining teams that did not win their conference tournament.

out_here_grindin
06-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah. This will be good. But the season dosen't start for a long time now.

Ozone
06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
We will have to really grind out posts in the offseason so we can have hope for a forum in the season.

chowdahead25
06-26-2009, 02:05 AM
We can do it!!

jmf07
06-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Hopefully it can be done. It deserves a forum.

Ozone
06-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Stanford is crowned with the #1 2009 Recruiting Class. (according to tennisrecruiting.net)

out_here_grindin
06-27-2009, 12:19 AM
So Jarmaine Jenkins played at Clemson a few years ago, so where does his brother Jarmere decide to plat college tennis? Virginia!:rolleyes:

Clemson's best recruit is Zach Rigsby from Simpsonville,SC. I have seen him play a few times, once against my former high school's team. The #1 for my hs (who is ranked in the 20's in SC). Played the absolute match of his life but still lost to Rigsby 7-6(0) 6-1.

Ozone
06-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Here is tenisrecruiting.net's recruiting class ranks:

1) Stanford- Kandath (NY), Kehrer (CA), Denis Lin (CA), Ecker (WI)

2) Virginia- Jenkins (GA), Fang (CA), Dell'Orto (HKG), Uriguen (GUA)

3) Texas- Chen (TX), Holiner (TX), Camillone (TX), Whitehead (TX), Mladenov (BUL)

4) Yale- Huang (CA), Powers (CT), Hoffman (CA)

5) Michigan- King (IL), Cha (KS)

6. Notre Dame (3 players)
7. Vanderbilt (2)
8. Northwestern (4)
9. Florida State (2)
10. North Carolina (3)
11. Harvard (4)
12. Georgia (3)
13. USC (2)
14. Alabama (2)
15. Santa Clara (5)
16. Wake Forest (4)
17. New Mexico (3)
18. Texas A&M (3)
19. Washington (1)
20. Ohio State (4)
21. Penn (5)
22. Princeton (3)
23. Maryland (4)
24. Davidson (3)
25. Tulane (6)

Note: Numbers of players in parenthesis may not be accurate

Noteable players: Chase Buchanon- Ohio State(??), Evan King- Michigan, Ryan Lipman- Vanderbilt,

Ozone
06-27-2009, 01:20 AM
Hey Jeff, do you know any juniors my age in SC? And you have looked me up I guess, since you knew all that info about my tourney, right?:)

Ozone
06-27-2009, 07:48 PM
NCAA Singles Champ Devin Britton is playing in Junior Wimbledon this week.

Former Florida Gator Jesse Levine reached the 3rd round.
Former Duke star Michael Yani qualified for the MD

out_here_grindin
06-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey Jeff, do you know any juniors my age in SC? And you have looked me up I guess, since you knew all that info about my tourney, right?:)

Well I looked at your draw for a Scott from NC. I saw one and thought well that must be Ozone.

In SC there are very good players in the 14's such as Hunter Harrington from Spartanburg, Brent Lett from Elgin (made R of 16 in Macon tourney), Austin Heinz from Daniel Island who made the round of 16 in your tournament in Macon.

I don't know as much about the 14's as the 18's but SC has some solid players for a state with not as much population. (That's true in every sport really, look at football)

The 2 most promising players from SC are:

1. Christopher Cox from Myrtle Beach (won the state 18's title even though he is eligible for the 16's and advanced to the quarters in Little Rock 18's southern tourney).

2. Cal Hilsman from Spartanburg (commited to Clemson. Made the semifinals of the 18's southern tournament in Little Rock.)

So there's my SC recap Ozone. :)

Ozone
06-28-2009, 03:28 AM
Yeah, very true. SC is one of the best states in the southern section for junior tennis. I split sets with Heinz earlier this year in our only meeting. I wouldnt call him a pusher, but he has more of a defensive game(He also got a very easy draw in Macon, playing a seed far worse than mine). Brent Lett is a very good player, never played him.

And of course SC has the #1 14 and under kid in the nation. I think he may just have turned 15 however.

out_here_grindin
06-28-2009, 04:16 AM
And of course SC has the #1 14 and under kid in the nation. I think he may just have turned 15 however.

who? Is that Harrington?

Ozone
06-28-2009, 03:59 PM
No, John Richmond from Pawley's Island. He was number 1 in the nation in 14s but hes 15 now.

Ozone
06-28-2009, 09:41 PM
ATP Tour Update: Ohio State's Matt Allare and Justin Kronauge are in the qualifying draw of the nearby Winnetka Challenger. Texas A&M's Brett Joelson will face Wake Forest's Joe Bates in the first qualy round. Kronauge will face 2 seed Monroe in the second round while Allare plays Fruttero in the first qualy round

Ozone
06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/228/mds.pdf

The Winnetka Challenger Main Draw^^ has even more collegiate players. Im not naming them because it is not their first time on the tour like the 2 guys above

out_here_grindin
06-30-2009, 01:25 AM
What about local Nevolo of the Illini with the WC.

Ozone
06-30-2009, 02:12 AM
Didnt see him. I just looked at the qualy draw because I knew there would be newcomers but I guess I missed one.

Ozone
06-30-2009, 02:48 AM
At the USA F15 Futures event in Rochester, NY, Cory Parr of Wake Forest gets a WC to make his full-time pro debut. Bryan Koniecko is also in the main draw as well as 3 seed Jean-Yves Aubone of Florida State and 8 seed Greg Ouellette of Florida. Clemson's Ryan Young joins the MD as well.

Ozone
07-02-2009, 03:55 AM
[3] Jean-Yves Aubone (FSU), Bryan Koniecko (OSU), Cory Parr (WFU), Austin Krajicek (TAMU) all get 1st round wins in the USA F15 Future.

out_here_grindin
07-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Also Blake Strobe of Arkansas who made the NCAA individual semifinals.

I am a little concerned with Clemson's recruiting class. We got 5 star Zach Rigsby and 2 unranked international players. I get worried when I see teams like Virginia and Wake Forest getting Blue chip recruits. Even Maryland, whose tennis program is historically one of the worst in the ACC, has a better class.

out_here_grindin
07-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Newport Qualies: Thompson def Paul 1-6 7-6(5) 6-3

a former tiger over a former deac :)

Ozone
07-12-2009, 03:05 AM
What a blown match from TP. So close!!

Cory Parr wins a future doubles title at USA F15

DartMarcus
07-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Hello everyone! This is Mark typing. :D
I hope it`s an appropriate thread.
If you haven`t followed my thread (DartMarcus Cheering thread) you can have a look at it now.
I am interesting in going to the USA next year to study and play tennis for the university. What could you tell me about that?
I am now discussing it with one russian firm, which sends russian students/sportsman to the usa for studying. To get into this program, you have to be good at english (pass TOEFL test) and have decent tennis results.I`ve got some nice results in tennis europe tournaments, having the ranking near top 200! However I have got no ITF ranking. But my english is pretty good for my age.
All kind of info will be appreciated. :worship:

Ozone
07-14-2009, 03:21 AM
Hey Mark!

I have heard of some of your results and things. I think it is great that you are taking advantage of the opportunity to come to the States and study at our great universities. However, it is a controversial thing of letting foreigners into our schools and taking the spots of our Americans, but that's another story:)

You seem like a guy that would go to a slightly smaller college(just me). You seem like a great player, but I don't know if you are the player that college coaches are really going to recruit badly for(I may be wrong). That means Division I schools(like University of Texas, Ohio State U, U of Florida, U of North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Florida State) may not target you as much as players they are familiar with by going to the tournaments and scouting and stuff like that. I don't know if coaches are looking at you or if they know to target you or not??

Some people are different. Some like to go to big schools and play way down the roster(like BIG Division I schools, teh ones I listed above), and some like to star at small schools. Smaller schools are from Division II, Division III, the NAIA divisions. If you would like it somewhere in between playing at a big school and staring at a small school, smaller Division I schools are the perfect fit. These schools are still big time D1 schools, but usually with a less undergraduate enrollment. I think you would be a good fit for a smaller Division I school. Going to these schools are very underrated. They are still division I, have a nice size to them, usually are in medium-small towns, and have very competitive conferences.

I may have gone completely out of orbit with this long rant, but I hope it is some help you are looking for. It is from the tennis side of things. If you'd like to know about stuff from the more academic side of things, Jeff (out_here_grindin) can help you.

BY the way, how old are you??

DartMarcus
07-14-2009, 06:51 AM
Hey Mark!

I have heard of some of your results and things. I think it is great that you are taking advantage of the opportunity to come to the States and study at our great universities. However, it is a controversial thing of letting foreigners into our schools and taking the spots of our Americans, but that's another story:)

You seem like a guy that would go to a slightly smaller college(just me). You seem like a great player, but I don't know if you are the player that college coaches are really going to recruit badly for(I may be wrong). That means Division I schools(like University of Texas, Ohio State U, U of Florida, U of North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Florida State) may not target you as much as players they are familiar with by going to the tournaments and scouting and stuff like that. I don't know if coaches are looking at you or if they know to target you or not??

Some people are different. Some like to go to big schools and play way down the roster(like BIG Division I schools, teh ones I listed above), and some like to star at small schools. Smaller schools are from Division II, Division III, the NAIA divisions. If you would like it somewhere in between playing at a big school and staring at a small school, smaller Division I schools are the perfect fit. These schools are still big time D1 schools, but usually with a less undergraduate enrollment. I think you would be a good fit for a smaller Division I school. Going to these schools are very underrated. They are still division I, have a nice size to them, usually are in medium-small towns, and have very competitive conferences.

I may have gone completely out of orbit with this long rant, but I hope it is some help you are looking for. It is from the tennis side of things. If you'd like to know about stuff from the more academic side of things, Jeff (out_here_grindin) can help you.

BY the way, how old are you??

Thanks for the info. I`ll just try to translate to understand it all now :lol:
I am 16 (dob: 01/04/1993), but I probably look younger than I am (14 or 15) :o but I have already finished the school this year :banana:
I`ve got some russian friends, who play for us universities : Nikita Ryashchenko, 19 (Utah State University), Andrey Morozov (19, Troy University, Alabama state), Viktoria Zhilkina, 17 (Michigan Technological University), but i doubt you can know them :lol:

Ozone
07-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow I thought you were much older!! I do not know why though. You probably have a great chance of getting into a school like your friends.

out_here_grindin
07-16-2009, 02:26 AM
At 16 you have time to get better and get more attention. Keep at it dude, you could get into a school like Utah State for sure.

out_here_grindin
07-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Peoria Future:

Bowles (FSU) def. Fogleman (UNC) 5-7 6-3 6-2
Venus (LSU) def. Koniecko (OSU) 6-2 5-7 7-5

Ozone
07-16-2009, 03:26 AM
USA F17 Future (Peoria)

Sandgren def. S. Johnson (Future USC player) 36 62 62
(2) McClune def. Hochwalt (FLA) 63 63
(3) Ouellette (Former UF) def. Meister (UCLA) 62 75

Ozone
07-16-2009, 03:30 AM
APTOS CHALLENGER $75,000

Yani (Former Duke) def. (4) Udomchoke 64 36 63
DeHeart (Former Illinois) def. Ball 36 61 64
(6) Devvarman (Former UVA) def. Cook 76(7) 62

Ozone
07-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Joplin, MO USA F18 Futures

Wake Forest had a good showing in this one. Todd Paul, #3 seed went out early but Cory Parr won a round and lost to Bocko. But, Cory and Todd, 3 seeds in doubs, breezed through the doubs draw and are now in the finals!! Also, Johnny Wolff, an active WF player, got a LL into the MD and won an epic 46 76 63 round 1 win then lost to the top seed. Wolff lost to UCLA's Holden Seguso in the final qualy round. Holden went on to win a few more rounds. Vey talented kid, both parents were pros. Many more college guys played in this one.

Also, Kalamazoo is coming up!! Lots of college committments will be on display in the biggest junior tourney of all.

out_here_grindin
07-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Joplin final: Blake Strobe (Arkansas) vs Arnau Brugues (Tulsa)

Kalamazo is a USTA event right

Ozone
07-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Yes it is the National Junior USTA Tournament. Any USA juniors dream

Everko
07-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Yes it is the National Junior USTA Tournament. Any USA juniors dream

Why would you dream about such a joke of a tournament? How many will be pro. I'll answer that question. Big Fat sloppy ZERO.

American tennis. haha, when you have it so good too.

Ozone
07-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Why would you dream about such a joke of a tournament? How many will be pro. I'll answer that question. Big Fat sloppy ZERO.

American tennis. haha, when you have it so good too.
Kalamazoo is the top United States Junior tournament you can get to. I will give you a list of some past champions. Pretty much all of them turned pro and are in the rankings. So maybe you should do some research before you answer your question with a false answer. Pretty embarassing on your part.

Here are some past champs for you:

Donald Yound ('06,'05)
Sam Querrey ('04)
Prakash Amritraj ('02)
Rajeev Ram ('00)
Robby Ginepri ('99) (Andy Roddick won doubles that year)
Taylor Dent ('96)
Justin Gimelstob ('95) (Bryan bros won doubles that year)
Paul Goldstein ('94)
Michael Russel ('94)
Michael Chang ('87) (Jeff tarango won doubles that year)
Andre Agassi won doubles in ('85)
Aaron Krickstein ('83)
John McEnroe won doubles in '75
Jimmy Connors ('68)
Stan Smith ('64)
Rod Laver ('56)

So there is your big fat sloppy zero for you. You are correct if that big fat sloppy zero is referring to several Grand Slam champions and tons of other multi ATP titlist. There are also some other great titlist that did not win Kalamazoo because they lost in the tournament.

Now put that in your damn pipe and smoke it

Everko
07-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Considering that's the #1 top tournament in the US. Its not very impressive that list. I notice you skipped some years and the pros aren't exactly the best.

What more must be said.

out_here_grindin
07-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey Everko it seems you know about tennis but you cloud your knowledge in criticizing others and players to often. What do you have agianst American tennis? You leave scathing comments about it everywhere you go. And please do not invade a civil thread and turn it into a warzone like every other thread on these forums.

Ozone
07-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Considering that's the #1 top tournament in the US. Its not very impressive that list. I notice you skipped some years and the pros aren't exactly the best.

What more must be said.
The years I skipped was when the big names lost to players that made it professionally but never made big noise. That is even more impressive. Pete Sampras didn't even win this tourney. But you are right. ANdre Agassi, Rod Laver, Pete Sampras, Stan Smith- nooo not very impressive at all. Is there something more prestigious than a grand slam? I guess I am missing something. Grand slams aren't very important at all. My fault everko

Everko
07-29-2009, 03:37 AM
You misunderstood.

Do not respond.

Ozone
07-29-2009, 04:58 AM
You misunderstood.

Do not respond.
No Im not.

Next time you come trolling have an idea about what you are talking about:rolleyes:

out_here_grindin
08-24-2009, 01:42 AM
John Roddick is the new head coach at Oklahoma. Interesting

Ozone
08-29-2009, 04:38 PM
And WC Devin Britton draws Mr Federer first round. Good representation of college tennis:yeah:

T4L
09-03-2009, 03:37 PM
What would you guys say the requirements are to make it to an average D2 school.

DartMarcus
09-03-2009, 05:01 PM
GO College tennis! :D

Ozone
09-04-2009, 02:35 AM
What would you guys say the requirements are to make it to an average D2 school.
:wavey:
I would say a few nice junior results. No impressive national ranking, but some good wins in some notable tourneys and a top 20 state/sectional ranking. States really very on competitiveness so I can't really tell you what that rank should be. If you are a solid tournament player you should be able to play good D2 tennis

out_here_grindin
09-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Kentucky Wildcat Jesse Witten representing the NCAA.

Ozone
09-08-2009, 01:58 AM
As well as Georgia Bulldog John Isner and Virginia Cavalier Devvarman qualified and I THINK won his 1st round match(?)

El Legenda
09-08-2009, 04:22 AM
My brother (rickdastick on MTF) will be playing his first college match next Saturday(they have a 3match fall season, real season is in the spring)...he plays NCAA DIII

HKz
09-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah my bullshit NCAA PAC-10 school cut the funds for the tennis team the year I enrolled, what kind of shit is that?

out_here_grindin
09-13-2009, 04:47 PM
As well as Georgia Bulldog John Isner and Virginia Cavalier Devvarman qualified and I THINK won his 1st round match(?)

I saw both of them play in person when they came to play againts Clemson a few years ago.

HKz what school is that? Does mean you no longer have a tennis team?

Winnipeg
09-13-2009, 05:09 PM
my good buddy Sean Bailey is playing tennis at Austin Peay !!!

HKz
09-14-2009, 08:39 AM
I saw both of them play in person when they came to play againts Clemson a few years ago.

HKz what school is that? Does mean you no longer have a tennis team?

Arizona State University. Yes we no longer have a men's tennis team, and I believe we neither have a women's team. Our state got HUGE education budget cuts and it really, really affected all 3 state universities. Tuition went up, a thousand people got laid off just from my school, and many sports teams were cut. So all we have is this stupid recreational tennis ladder where you try to win and move up the ladder but you play these dumbasses who think they could make it to pro but don't want the "pressure" (honestly you hear them say this to their friends before they play other people) and you destroy them 6-0, 6-0 with them complaining about calls and smashing rackets (horrible technique by the way) and then you realize they are the top player in the ladder... All the good players have either just concentrated on school or left to another school that has tennis.

out_here_grindin
09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
That's a shame. Arizona State always had a pretty decent team. They came east to Clemson a few years ago to play in a tournament. They were in the top 30 then.

HKz
09-14-2009, 09:14 PM
That's a shame. Arizona State always had a pretty decent team. They came east to Clemson a few years ago to play in a tournament. They were in the top 30 then.

Yeah we have had our fair share of decent players, but then again the PAC-10 is a solid region regardless. But it is such a shame because I was going to redshirt my freshman year so that I could get used to playing with the college kids and concentrate on school and then obviously play as a team member the other 4 years. I was thinking of taking a few classes at this nearby community college so I could play on their team because the top player on their team has the same private coach when we were younger and we both played on our high school team. But I don't really want the extra classes :(

DartMarcus
09-18-2009, 02:38 PM
I am probably going to the USA next august! I am going to pass TOEFL and SAT test and make a video of my tennis game to apply to some college using sport scholarship! Any tips how to choose the best suitable uni?
My preferences: I`d like to study in the south or south-west of the country, but It doesn`t really matter. Of course this college should offer sport scholarship and include mens tennis. It should also be an respectable uni but not the most expensive to study in. I`ve heard a lot about the colleges my friend study in: William Carey Uni, Utah State Uni, Southeastern Oklahoma Uni, Michigan Tech Uni, Troy Uni. I`d be pleased if you tell sth about them!
P.S. University Of Oklahoma sounds very attractive with the head coach John Roddick. :eek:
P.P.S. Is my english ok or not? :D

out_here_grindin
09-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I am scared of Virginia. They have some extremely talented Freshman coming in. Jarmere Jenkins and Uriguen of Guatemala.

Duke and Wake Forest's new Freshman are looking good too.

HKz
09-26-2009, 05:11 PM
I am probably going to the USA next august! I am going to pass TOEFL and SAT test and make a video of my tennis game to apply to some college using sport scholarship! Any tips how to choose the best suitable uni?
My preferences: I`d like to study in the south or south-west of the country, but It doesn`t really matter. Of course this college should offer sport scholarship and include mens tennis. It should also be an respectable uni but not the most expensive to study in. I`ve heard a lot about the colleges my friend study in: William Carey Uni, Utah State Uni, Southeastern Oklahoma Uni, Michigan Tech Uni, Troy Uni. I`d be pleased if you tell sth about them!
P.S. University Of Oklahoma sounds very attractive with the head coach John Roddick. :eek:
P.P.S. Is my english ok or not? :D

Honestly, best way is to get an academic scholarship because getting a sports scholarship can be very difficult, ESPECIALLY to an NCAA D-1 school. I mean I got a full scholarship to ASU which was a NCAA D-1 PAC-10 school and I was planning to redshirt my freshmen year. But the reason why it is difficult to get that sport scholarship is because you either need a damn good video of you playing with some credible person, for example Nick Bollettieri, or a credible rank. From my experience, if you don't have neither, it is extremely difficult. Many people do send in videos and some do look good, but the problem with the video is that coaches don't know if you ball is sailing 1000 feet long or how well you do in team situations or tough mental scenarios. And having someone comment on your game and you personally while the video is shooting you, again someone that is credible, is obviously the best way.

Ozone
09-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Mark, you could come to the southeast in my neck of the woods too!! The Southern conference, has GREAT academics as well as very stellar athletic programs. They are division 1 I think, but it is a small conference and not like, BIG time division 1. However any D1 school is going to be tough. I think you would be a great fit for schools like that. Check out http://www.soconsports.com/ Great schools to go too.

Teams for the Socon include Georgia Southern, Chattanooga (TN), Samford, Wofford, Davidson and many more

Ozone
09-26-2009, 05:40 PM
And Virginia is just invinceable. Jarmere Jenkins is a great player. I can't wait for their dynasty to settle back down to sanity. Unless I go their in 4 more years

Ozone
09-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Georgia Intercollegiates

The Deacs represented well here. Forman, who will be #1 this year, was 10 seed and went 2-0, rain stopped play in the round of 16. Iain Atkinson also went 2-0, and Wake's freshman did very well in the other bracket:yeah: SEE HOW YOUR TEAM DID

Ozone
09-26-2009, 05:53 PM
The University of Virginia Ranked Plus One Invitational started yesterday :bounce:

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf5/645336.pdf?ATCLID=204801864&SPSID=88813&SPID=10610&DB_OEM_ID=17800

Here is how the format goes:

There are MANY brackets in this invitational tournament. Most teams are from the east:)

The best bracket with the best players is A-1, then A-2, A-3, A-4, then B singles.

There is also doubles, which goes A-1-A-3.

Check all of the brackets out!!! Obviously, I am guessing the invited schools send their #1 player to the A-1 bracket, #2 to the A-2 bracket and so on. This is a great fall tourney check it out!!!!!!! Brackets are easy to follow on this link : https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf5/645336.pdf?ATCLID=204801864&SPSID=88813&SPID=10610&DB_OEM_ID=17800

Ozone
09-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Deacs are absolutely dominating!! It looks they will be extremely competitive this year:D

In A-1 singles, J-P Smith(#2) is top seed. He won his 1st round match 63 61. Steve Forman from WAKE FOREST, won his 1st round match 63 64!! These 2 guys will face each other in the 2nd MD round (QF).

The 2 seed is Reid Carleton(#29) of Duke, 3 seed is Housotn Barrick(#50) from Virginia, 4 seed is Maksimuk(#62) from Louisville. All of these guys won except Maksimuk's match is still TBA.

Jarmere Jenkins also is in A-1 singles, he won 64 64 against Watson of Radford Uni- a very loaded team in the Big South conference this year:eek: (I am a huge Radford fan:))

In A-2 singles, Jon Wolff's (#118) first round match is still TBD. #1 seed is Singh (#9) of UVA and 2 seed is Donato of North Carolina (#16) .

In A-3 singles, Asutin Childs of Louisville (#12) is top seed. He won upset 57 64 64 however:eek: 2nd seed (#35) Re, of Virginia Tech won. The Hokies should be an extremely competitive team in the ACC:eek: Wake's Iain Atkinson squeaked out a HUGE round 1 victory of rival North Carolina's Boyajian 75 46 75:woohoo:

Top seed in A-4 singles is Virginia's Michael Shabaz(#14). He faced Wake Forest's David Hopkins(sophomore). Shabaz had to squeak by D-Hop 62 67 64. Wake showing great signs here:D Virginia Tech's Somen will face Shabaz today. VT looks good

In A-1 doubles, Smith and Sandgren of Tennessee are the #1 team in the country, which makes them top seed. Forman/Atkinson of Wake Forest won 9-8, to set up a match-up with the #1 team:fiery: Carleton/Cunha of Duke are 2 seeds.

Childs/Childs of Louisville are top seeds in A-2 doubles and #10 in the country. However, they had to face David Hopkins and Jon Wolff of Wake Forest, who played #3 doubs for the Deacs last year. The Deacs duo crushed the #10 team in the country 8-2!!!!:boucne: Noble/Boyajian of UNC will face the Deacs next. Salec and Watson of Radford won, as well as the 2 seeds from Tennessee.

Shabaz and Jenkins (#17) are top seeds in A-3 doubles as they won 1st round.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf5/645336.pdf?ATCLID=204801864&SPSID=88813&SPID=10610&DB_OEM_ID=17800

Exciting stuff in the east!!

Ozone
09-26-2009, 06:15 PM
SEPTEMBER 4 PRE-SEASON SINGLES RANKINGS

National Preseason Singles Rankings NCAA Division I Men's Tennis
Administered by the ITA
September 4, 2009

Preseason RankPlayerSchool1Oleksandr NedovyesovOklahoma State University2John-Patrick SmithUniversity of Tennessee, Knoxville3Robert FarahUniv. of Southern California4Nate SchnuggUniversity of Georgia5Guillermo GomezGeorgia Tech6Dimitar KutrovskyUniv. of Texas at Austin7Alex ClaytonStanford University8Jean-Yves AuboneFlorida State University9Sanam SinghUniversity of Virginia10Saketh MyneniUniversity of Alabama11Carlos CuetoUniversity of Florida12Austen ChildsUniv. of Louisville13Justin KronaugeOhio State University14Michael ShabazUniversity of Virginia15Bradley KlahnStanford University16Clay DonatoNorth Carolina17Dean JacksonUniv. of San Diego18Steve JohnsonUniv. of Southern California19Moritz BaumannUniv. of Wisconsin, Madison20Boris ConkicUniversity of Tennessee, Knoxville21Bassam BeidasPepperdine22Bruno RosaRice University23Alex LacroixUniversity of Florida24Dennis NevoloUniversity of Illinois25Raony CarvalhoTexas Tech University26Roy KalmanovichUniversity of Illinois27Jordan RuxBaylor University28Diego CubasUniversity of South Carolina29Reid CarletonDuke University30Austin KrajicekTexas A&M University31Kalle NorbergUniv. of Mississippi32Jeevan NedunchezhiyanUniversity of Washington33Clint BowlesFlorida State University34Marek MichalickaUniv. of Wisconsin, Madison35Yoann ReVirginia Tech36Jay GoldmanUniv. of Arizona37Jamie HuntUniversity of Georgia38Javier GarrapizUniversity of Georgia39Matt BrooklynUCLA40Andrei DaescuUniv. of Oklahoma41Jason JungUniversity of Michigan42Pedro ZerbiniCalifornia43Dennis LajolaUniv. of Hawaii, Manoa44Robin FahgenSMU45Balazs NovakOhio State University46Ed CorrieUniv. of Texas at Austin47Kellen DamicoUniv. of Texas at Austin48Lucas JovitaUniversity of South Florida49Jaak PoldmaUniv. of Southern California50Houston BarrickUniversity of Virginia51Tobias WernetUniv. of Minnesota, Twin Cities52Lachlan FergusonIndiana University-Bloomington53James MeredithBoise State University54Tim PuetzAuburn University55Slah MbarekTCU56Lee SingerUniversity of Virginia57Kallim StewartUCLA57Nick MeisterUCLA58John PeersMiddle Tennessee State University59Christopher AumuellerUniv. of Nebraska60Shuhei UzawaOhio State University61Keziel JuneauCollege of William and Mary62Viktor MaksimcukUniv. of Louisville63Bryant SalcedoVanderbilt University64Holden SegusoUCLA65Philip StephensUniv. of Tulsa66Achim CebanSan Diego State University67Patricio AlvaradoUniv. of Southern Mississippi68Emanu BrighiuTCU69Marc AbdelnourFlorida Atlantic University70Eric QuigleyUniversity of Kentucky71Alex LlompartPepperdine72Simon ChildsUniv. of Louisville73Wael KilaniUniversity of South Florida74Steven FormanWake Forest University75David BendheimUniv. of Nebraska76Richard WireStanford University77Matt AllareOhio State University78Mihai NichiforColumbia University79Carl SundbergUniv. of Miami (Florida)80Carlos AlvarezClemson University81Patrick DaciekVirginia Tech82Dean O'BrienTennessee Tech University83Artem IlyushinMississippi State University84Drew CourtneyUniversity of Virginia85Attila BuckoBaylor University86Dylan ArnouldDuke University87Kiryl HarbatsiukSacramento State88Thibaut CharronVirginia Commonwealth University89David SimsonUniversity of Denver90Casey WattUniv. of Notre Dame91Gregory HirshmanStanford University92Michael PalumboFairfield University93Wessim DerbelUniv. of Nevada 94Chris NottUniv. of Arkansas, Fayetteville95Orcun SeyrekUNC Greensboro96Ryan ThacherStanford University97Marek CzerwinskiUniversity of Illinois98Patrick PohlmannUniv. of Wisconsin, Madison98Stephen HavensUniv. of Notre Dame99Matt KeckiUniv. of Southern California100Tobias FanselowOld Dominion University101Nobuyoshi TanakaLongwood University102Anton StryhasSacramento State103Ivan SalecRadford University104Slavko BijelicaPurdue University105Joey BurkhardtUniversity of Florida106Pedro CamposUniversity of South Carolina107Antonie BenneteauFlorida108Chase BuchananOhio State109George CouplandMississippi State 110Stefan HardyNorth Carolina111Kevin KingGeorgia Tech112Steven RoodaVirginia113Julien BleyBaylor114Matteo FagoTennessee115Vahid MirzadehFlorida State117Johnny HamuiFlorida118Jon WolffWake Forest119Andres WeberHawaii120Anton BobytskyiOklahoma State121Romain BocaertUniversity of South Alabama122Andres ArangoArizona123Chris KearneyUC Irvine124Idan MarkTulane125Luka SomenVirginia Tech

Ozone
09-26-2009, 06:16 PM
If you dont wish to read that jumble, go to http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRankings/Rankings/2009-10_NCAA_Division_I_Men_s_Rankings/DI_Men_s_Singles_-_9_4_09.htm

itatennis.com is a great site to go to for college tennis.

out_here_grindin
09-27-2009, 02:51 AM
80 Carlos Alvarez of Clemson

unless he improved a lot I think that is overrated. He is solid but his game is just way to defensive for the #1 position. I think he would be a great 2,3 player. But we don't have anyone better so he is #1 by default. He had only 1 good win last year and that was over Saketh a top 30 player from Alabama.

Ozone
09-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Should be a tough year for the Tigers:eek:

I am really excited about the Deacs year though. Their #1 has improved greatly these last 3 years, however he isn't as good as Parr was.

Ozone
09-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I think #9 Sanam Singh of UVA may be a little overrated. #8 Aubone:eek: I think I will get to watch him this year

out_here_grindin
09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Singh did make the semifinals last year of the individual tournament. He may be ovverated but it hard;y matters because UVA has about 4 players who could be #1 at pretty much any other school. Remember Singh played #2 last year behind Inglot and still made the semifinals. Jarmere Jenkins defeated teammate #56 Lee Singer 6-3 6-0

I think Clay Donato (UNC) is ovverated at 16.

The rankings don't have much meaning right now because it is basically based on last year. There will certainly be some new names to crack the top 20 as the season gets rolling.

chowdahead25
09-28-2009, 04:31 AM
102Anton StryhasSacramento State

:woohoo:

out_here_grindin
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
The All-American singles tournament is coming up soon in Tulsa

The draw is here
http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/ita_assets/pdf/D$!27Novo/2009+D$!27Novo/MainDrawSingles.pdf

Springer89
10-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Live scores here (http://www.tulsahurricane.com/livestats/m-tennis/TulsaTennis.html)
with links to livestreams (webcams) :D

Ozone
10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Awesome pre-season stuff!!:bounce:

Ozone
10-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Top seed Oleksandr Nedovyesov has crashed out to Quigley of Kentucky 75 61:eek: :eek:

I was about to call Nedovyesov out as being overrated:p

Ozone
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Singh did make the semifinals last year of the individual tournament. He may be ovverated but it hard;y matters because UVA has about 4 players who could be #1 at pretty much any other school. Remember Singh played #2 last year behind Inglot and still made the semifinals. Jarmere Jenkins defeated teammate #56 Lee Singer 6-3 6-0

I think Clay Donato (UNC) is ovverated at 16.

The rankings don't have much meaning right now because it is basically based on last year. There will certainly be some new names to crack the top 20 as the season gets rolling.
Pre-season rankings always fail in every sport no matter what- as we see with Nedovyesov's loss.

And Donato gets a win today. ACC!!

And yes, Virginia just makes me want to cry cry to my mommy. Just put their whole team in the top 10:eek:

out_here_grindin
10-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I never had much faith in Nedo(rest of his name) either. When he was #1 last year he had a big matchup with #2 Brugues of Tulsa. Brugues routed him 6-2 6-1

Ozone
10-08-2009, 10:23 PM
The ITA loves rankings freshmen and sophs really high. When Steve Moneke (OSU) was a freshman he was #1 in pre-season but that didn't last too long. He was #38 when I saw him play #2 singles against the Deacs during his senior year.

And if Virginia chokes in the NCAA's and doesn't win the national championship.... actually there is no way that is happening this year they have the best team they've had maybe in the history of the program:shrug:

out_here_grindin
10-09-2009, 01:44 AM
The ITA loves rankings freshmen and sophs really high. When Steve Moneke (OSU) was a freshman he was #1 in pre-season but that didn't last too long. He was #38 when I saw him play #2 singles against the Deacs during his senior year.

And if Virginia chokes in the NCAA's and doesn't win the national championship.... actually there is no way that is happening this year they have the best team they've had maybe in the history of the program:shrug:

How do they rank Freshman? Will they do that after the pre-season?

A Freshman to watch out for is Cunha of Duke.

out_here_grindin
10-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Singh(UVA) def. Krajicek(Texas A&M) 4-6 6-3 7-6(3).
What a great match! Singh has amazing footwork and is very strong mentally.

also the always overrated Aubone of FSU got rocked 6-4 6-1 by Johnson from Southern Cal.

Ozone
10-10-2009, 05:06 AM
Steve Johnson, the freshman who is at USC, will be very dangerous. Come time when he's a senior, he should be #1.

And change your flag back to USA, Jeff:p

out_here_grindin
10-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Steve Johnson, the freshman who is at USC, will be very dangerous. Come time when he's a senior, he should be #1.

And change your flag back to USA, Jeff:p

I'm in a Somalian mood. ;)

In Monterrey,Mexico, 2 former Deacs square off. Todd vs Parr. Should be interesting

out_here_grindin
10-10-2009, 03:38 PM
also, who is this Eric Quigley guy from Kentucky? He just routed Singh 6-3 6-1 to advance to the Quarterfinals.

Ozone
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Eric Quigley is a baller. Watch out. He repped UK last year- even though the Deacs ousted them in the NCAA's:)

And Todd Paul defeats Cory Parr 62 62 in the semis. Unbelievable week for Todd. He's won 61 62, 61 61, 61 61, 62 62 and he is now in the finals. Finally some great results for Todd.

Next week college football: Deacs @ Clemson:fiery: When Clemson is at home, they can beat anyone, but they are a disaster on the road.

out_here_grindin
10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
I'll be at the game like I am for every Clemson home game. I don't think we are playing well at all. But as you said, Wake hasn't won at Clemson since 1998 even though y;all give us fits in Winston-Salem.

Ozone
10-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Any game at home for Clemson is winnable. A "bad year" for them just means they will get ***** on their road games.

out_here_grindin
10-11-2009, 09:09 PM
We haven't gotten '*****' in quite a while. Almost all of our loses are close ones.

Ozone
10-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Todd Paul wins Mexico F11 Future 61 61 in the finals:woohoo:

Ozone
10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Looks like Clemson, Wake and MAYBE BC will have a shot at the Atlantic Division. It really doesn't matter though because whoever wins the division won't stand a chance in the championship game.

out_here_grindin
10-12-2009, 03:17 PM
JP Smith(Tenn) def Daescu(Oklahoma) is final 6-3 7-6

Ozone
10-13-2009, 02:00 AM
JP Smith is unstoppable. His game isn't too flashy, but he is super solid and very hard to beat.

out_here_grindin
10-13-2009, 02:17 PM
That's why I think Aubone is always ranked so high. He has a flashy game. I saw him when he played at Clemson last year. I know the rankings aren't supposed to be subjective but how else do they get the pre-season rankings?

Ozone
10-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Again, pre-season rankings fail in every sport. They also screw teams in the season when some teams should really be in the top 5 but because the pre-season ranks had them at #30, they only jump to #12. This happens in every sport. These worthless lists should be abolished.

And they probably come up with them by last year's dual match performance, and how much the players will win now since the previous year's seniors are now gone.

Ozone
10-14-2009, 03:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0mlK2BafZ4

Jeff :p

out_here_grindin
10-14-2009, 03:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0mlK2BafZ4

Jeff :p

That's the last time we had a decent team. I still can't believe Young lost that match. He has dominated Hamar in the ACC tournmanet just a couple weeks before that.

Ozone
10-14-2009, 09:20 PM
:lol: He was up 4-2 in the 3rd set and had some match points in the 3rd set breaker. On one of them, he had Hamar running desperately crosscourt and Young was at the net and Hamar hit a crosscourt backhand winner.

But just an unbelievable story for college tennis. 5 hour rain delay and Hamar(who is always in these situations for the Deacs) finally wins one to go to the sweet 16. (Todd Paul was upset that day, which is why Hamar had to grind)

out_here_grindin
10-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Paul lost to the mighty Jarmaine Jenkins on that day. Man I loved that guy, he was probably my favorite Clemson athlete at that point in time. I miss discussing a good team:sad:

But you gotta give props to Ryan Young, he has really worked hard to become a good pro. He wasn't as good as many people in college (he was #3 for us) yet he has worked his way into the top 500 before.

Ozone
10-15-2009, 02:32 AM
Yes he used his anger from that match to become a very good pro. I don't think Hamar ever really tried to make it though. Hamar was probably the funniest Wake Forest tennis player ever. A true legend. I even hit with him one time. Wow I really wish I was at that match. That would have been so cool and I would be part of something that will be remembered forever in Wake Forest history.

Winnipeg
10-16-2009, 03:26 PM
well looks like I will be playing college tennis at South Dakota State which is A D1 School in the Summit League.
They offered me a 50% scholarship so I will likely accept...i still have 1 and a half years of high school though but im pumped that I will get the opprutunity to play college tennis!!!

also i have a question...can i play futures and not accept money but still play college tennis???

out_here_grindin
10-16-2009, 03:32 PM
also i have a question...can i play futures and not accept money but still play college tennis???

I think so. I know a lot players play futurs over the summer and before the enter college.
SDSU? That's good man. It's very impressive to play for a D1 school no matter what it is.

Ozone
10-17-2009, 04:09 AM
Yes, all of the college guys who play futures have to refuse to take the money. They have to keep their amatuer status. Marcus Fugate got busted for that a few years back. He kept taking the money, which made him ineligible for the next semester of college(He wasn't attending college yet, he just couldnt get in).

But you have to make the main draw to make money.

out_here_grindin
10-18-2009, 12:40 AM
38-3

D8UebWsl6Ig

Ozone
10-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Shut up faggot. :p Just tells everyone how Clemson wastes their talent because of bad coaching and lack of caring on the road.

out_here_grindin
10-18-2009, 02:15 PM
That Maryland loss will kill us. In games we decided to show up in we utterly dominated 25-7 over BC and 38-2 over Wake. We can win the division if we win out but we have a tough trip to Miami next week. Plus BC has only 3 ACC games left vs Virginia,Maryland and North Carolina, 3 very winnable games.

Looks like BC will win the Atlantic again :mad:

Ozone
10-18-2009, 06:22 PM
No BC sucks. I think yall will beat them out. You guys are SOOO much more talented than BC. BC just watches teh ACC self-destruct. You guys will win it. Wake has Miami-Gerogia Tech-Florida State next:lol: Deacs-:wavey:

out_here_grindin
10-19-2009, 09:40 PM
switching back to tennis. Kudrovsky of Texas finished runner up at the Texas future event.

Ozone
10-20-2009, 01:15 AM
I was about to get back on the college tennis track.

Ozone
10-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Hey man I didnt see that vid the first time. Our offensive line is atrocious. It's a shame we waste an amazing QB's talent with a suck ass o-line and suck ass receivers. If he played for Oklahoma, you are looking at a multi-year Heisman winner.

Ozone
10-24-2009, 05:24 PM
I saw Ludovic Walter's name in Lyon qualies. He is a former Duke player, with the unmistakeable nickname of "Ludo" hollared by his teammates. Great player

out_here_grindin
11-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Almost every Virginia player got a WC into at least the qualies of the Charlottesville challenger. The scary part? They are all doing pretty good. Inglot has made the Quarters (beating Karanusic). Singh won his 1st round match as well.

out_here_grindin
12-03-2009, 03:13 PM
well...

DartMarcus
12-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Mark, you could come to the southeast in my neck of the woods too!! The Southern conference, has GREAT academics as well as very stellar athletic programs. They are division 1 I think, but it is a small conference and not like, BIG time division 1. However any D1 school is going to be tough. I think you would be a great fit for schools like that. Check out http://www.soconsports.com/ Great schools to go too.

Teams for the Socon include Georgia Southern, Chattanooga (TN), Samford, Wofford, Davidson and many more

I am back :D
I`ll try to contact coaches of these universities! I have already sent e-mails to some of them and I am waiting for an answer now.
I am having my SAT test on January 23rd and TOEFL test on February 7th. If I do them well, then I`ll send applications to several univesities, that will be interested in recruiting me. And then I`ll make a final decision where to go.
Guys, what do you think of my chances? My best achievement is Tennis Europe national ranking of No.23 in my age group, I think.
This is it. My name is Mark Zubov and I am the 3rd from the bottom.
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9107/img001e.jpg

Ozone
12-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Sounds good Mark:yeah: I think it would be a nice idea to contact the coaches at the bigger schools you desire first, then work your way down to smaller schools. I dont know if you have yet, but I recommend sending a tennis video to the coaches also.

And the National Indoors are coming up next month!!:bounce:

DartMarcus
12-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Sounds good Mark:yeah: I think it would be a nice idea to contact the coaches at the bigger schools you desire first, then work your way down to smaller schools. I dont know if you have yet, but I recommend sending a tennis video to the coaches also.

And the National Indoors are coming up next month!!:bounce:

I am going to make a video soon. :D

out_here_grindin
01-02-2010, 02:33 AM
The season starts soon. Clemson has a doubleheader at home on the 16th. I am looking forward to watching that

Springer89
01-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Rankings are out. http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRankings/Rankings/2009-10_NCAA_Division_I_Men_s_Rankings.htm
Rank Avg Player School
1 70.75 Steve Johnson Univ. of Southern California
2 59.68 John-Patrick Smith University of Tennessee, Knoxville
3 59.26 Michael Shabaz University of Virginia
4 54.76 Guillermo Gomez Georgia Tech
5 51.82 Dimitar Kutrovsky Univ. of Texas at Austin
6 50.88 Moritz Baumann Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
7 46.03 Alexandre Lacroix University of Florida
8 42.45 Eric Quigley University of Kentucky
9 40.77 Ed Corrie Univ. of Texas at Austin
10 40 Andrei Daescu Univ. of Oklahoma
11 37.29 Jordan Rux Baylor University
12 36.23 Sanam Singh University of Virginia
13 32.35 Robin Fahgen SMU
14 31.73 Robert Farah Univ. of Southern California
15 30 Oleksandr Nedovyesov Oklahoma State University
16 28.47 Jarmere Jenkins University of Virginia
17 27.21 Henrique Cunha Duke University
18 23.62 Casey Watt Univ. of Notre Dame
19 23.49 Bruno Rosa Rice University
20 23.44 Marek Michalicka Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
21 22.92 Ashley Watling Univ. of Tulsa
22 22.19 Rhyne Williams University of Tennessee, Knoxville
23 21.97 Clint Bowles Florida State University
24 19.1 Tim Puetz Auburn University
25 19.05 Raony Carvalho Texas Tech University
26 19.03 Neal Skupski Louisiana State University
27 18.18 Jean-Yves Aubone Florida State University
28 16.77 Lee Singer University of Virginia
29 16.64 Ryan Lipman Vanderbilt University
30 16.48 Christopher Aumueller Univ. of Nebraska
31 15.54 Drew Courtney University of Virginia
32 14.81 Jeff Dadamo Texas A&M University
33 14.6 Jonathan Dahan California
34 14.06 Shuhei Uzawa Ohio State University
35 13.89 James Meredith Boise State University
36 13.73 Clay Donato North Carolina
37 13.71 Alex Clayton Stanford University
38 13.51 Josh Zavala Univ. of Texas at Austin
39 13.42 Alex Musialek University of Kentucky
40 13.33 Gonzalo Escobar Texas Tech University
41 13.08 Iain Atkinson Wake Forest University
42 13.02 George Coupland Mississippi State University
43 12.91 Dennis Nevolo University of Illinois
44 12.28 Anton Bobytskyi Oklahoma State University
45 12.22 Javier Garrapiz University of Georgia
46 12.13 Austen Childs Univ. of Louisville
47 11.69 Matt Kecki Univ. of Southern California
48 11.45 Diego Cubas University of South Carolina
49 11.19 Tucker Vorster Univ. of Mississippi
50 10.9 Jason Jung University of Michigan
51 10.81 Jesus Bandres East Tennessee State University
52 10.43 Matt Brewer University of Tennessee, Knoxville
53 10.2 Charlie Jones Vanderbilt University
54 10.19 Bradley Klahn Stanford University
55 9.81 Tobias Wernet Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
56 9.8 Jim Brouleau New Mexico State University
57 9.78 Carl Sundberg Univ. of Miami (Florida)
58 9.7 Houston Barrick University of Virginia
59 8.42 Ionut Beleleu Univ. of Oklahoma
60 9.44 Drake Bernstein University of Georgia
61 9.38 Marcel Thiemann Univ. of Mississippi
62 9.23 Saketh Myneni University of Alabama
62 9.23 Dylan Arnould Duke University
64 8.8 Jamal Adderley University of South Florida
65 8.77 JT Sundling Univ. of Southern California
66 8.73 Ivan Salec Radford University
67 8.57 Sebastian Gallego Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
68 8.44 Boris Conkic University of Tennessee, Knoxville
69 8.4 Costin Paval Univ. of Oklahoma
70 8.38 Alex Llompart Pepperdine
71 8.37 Artem Baradach SMU
71 8.37 Vijay Paul Vanderbilt University
73 8.33 Evan King University of Michigan
74 8.23 Blas Moros Univ. of Notre Dame
75 8.19 Patrick Daciek Virginia Tech
76 8.14 Calin Paar Univ. of Nebraska
77 7.89 Torsten Wietoska Duke University
78 7.87 Daniel Nguyen Univ. of Southern California
79 7.83 Rok Bizjak Clemson University
80 7.66 Steven Rooda University of Virginia
81 7.58 Chris Nott Univ. of Arkansas, Fayetteville
82 7.48 Grega Teraz East Tennessee State University
83 7.34 David Ayoun Fresno State
84 7.09 Simon Childs Univ. of Louisville
85 7.08 Daniel Whitehead Univ. of Texas at Austin
86 6.97 Alexander Stamchev Auburn University
87 6.93 Ivan Lopez Loyola Marymount University
88 6.49 Steven Williams Ohio State University
89 6.42 Charles Bottoni East Tennessee State University
90 6.39 Bassam Beidas Pepperdine
91 6.28 Francois Van Impe Univ. of Nebraska
92 6.25 Ryan Noble North Carolina
93 6.22 Stephen Havens Univ. of Notre Dame
94 6.22 Amit Inbar UCLA
95 6.16 Daniel Stahl Univ. of Notre Dame
96 6.09 Sebastian Fanselow Pepperdine
97 5.96 Sebastian Carlsson Louisiana State University
98 5.89 Bozhidar Katsarov California
99 5.85 Brennan Boyajian North Carolina
100 5.71 Sebastien Jacques Virginia Tech
101 5.58 Julien Gauthier Louisiana State University
102 5.56 Luca Barlocchi UNLV
103 5.45 Chase Buchanan Ohio State University
104 5.39 Vasko Mladenov Univ. of Texas at Austin
105 5.3 John Peers Middle Tennessee State University
106 5.21 Christoffer Konigsfeldt California
107 5.12 Wojciech Starakiewicz University of Buffalo
108 5.11 Artem Gramma Univ. of the Pacific (California)
109 5 Loukas Wallaart Campbell University
110 5 Dan Cornei UAB
111 4.94 Vahid Mirzadeh Florida State University
112 4.93 Dusan Miljevic Georgia Tech
113 4.9 Jason Zafiros Univ. of Arizona
114 4.88 Christian Blocker Univ. of Miami (Florida)
114 4.88 Juan Gomez San Diego State University
116 4.84 Jaak Poldma Univ. of Southern California
117 4.8 Thomas Shubert Brigham Young University
118 4.79 Nick Meister UCLA
119 4.74 Josh MacTaggart Indiana University-Bloomington
120 4.71 David Simon Univ. of Miami (Florida)
121 4.67 John Collins Univ. of Maryland, College Park
122 4.58 Keziel Juneau College of William and Mary
123 4.57 Michael Thompson University of Alabama
124 4.55 Jacob Straus Marquette
125 4.54 Artem Ilyushin Mississippi State University

Rank Avg Player Player School
1 75.00 Bradley Klahn Ryan Thacher Stanford University
2 54.76 Dennis Nevolo Marek Czerwinski University of Illinois
3 54.63 Moritz Baumann Marek Michalicka Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
4 51.25 Boris Conkic John-Patrick Smith University of Tennessee, Knoxville
5 48.75 Houston Barrick Sanam Singh University of Virginia
6 46.94 Alexander Stamchev Tim Puetz Auburn University
7 45.00 Davey Sandgren John-Patrick Smith University of Tennessee, Knoxville
8 42.97 Henrique Cunha Reid Carleton Duke University
9 39.42 Brad Cox Eric Quigley University of Kentucky
10 38.14 Alexandre Lacroix Antoine Benneteau University of Florida
11 33.83 Maros Horny Jordan Rux Baylor University
12 33.67 Boris Conkic Rhyne Williams University of Tennessee, Knoxville
13 31.90 Robert Farah Steve Johnson Univ. of Southern California
14 31.05 Austen Childs Simon Childs Univ. of Louisville
15 30.95 Aleksey Bessonov Oleksandr Nedovyesov Oklahoma State University
16 29.39 Steven Forman Iain Atkinson Wake Forest University
17 29.23 Lee Singer Drew Courtney University of Virginia
18 28.54 Jeff Dadamo Austin Krajicek Texas A&M University
19 24.63 Raony Carvalho Rafael Garcia Texas Tech University
20 21.67 Mirko Zapletal Taylor Leiby Fresno State
21 21.50 Blaze Schwartz Marc Rocafort Univ. of Central Florida
22 20.22 Dimitar Kutrovsky Josh Zavala Univ. of Texas at Austin
23 20.00 John Peers Victor Melo Middle Tennessee State University
24 19.00 Adam Baker Charlie Jones Vanderbilt University
25 18.33 Houston Barrick Michael Shabaz University of Virginia
26 17.92 Keziel Juneau Sebastien Vidal College of William and Mary
27 17.23 Thomas Nolan Erik Kreutzer Boston College
27 17.23 Diego Cubas Ivan Machado University of South Carolina
29 16.83 Erik Hannah Ugur Atalay George Washington University
30 16.05 Vijay Paul Ryan Lipman Vanderbilt University
31 16.04 Connor Smith Vahid Mirzadeh Florida State University
32 15.78 Evan Schleining Filip Zivkovic Univ. of Portland
33 15.63 Alejandro Calligari Robert Hall Univ. of Louisville
34 15.28 Houssam Yassine Trey Walston University of Alabama
35 12.80 Gonzalo Escobar Andre Stabile Texas Tech University
36 12.75 Rikus de Villiers Remi Boutillier Fresno State
36 12.75 Kallim Stewart Matt Brooklyn UCLA
38 12.17 Julian Bley Attila Bucko Baylor University
39 12.00 Joe Delinks Eugene Dolgovykh Univ. of Central Florida
39 12.00 Sky Lovill Nick Andrews California
39 12.00 Evan Neuman Landon Neuman Wright State University
39 12.00 Cesar Bracho Mauricio Ballivian Drake University
39 12.00 Creighton Blanchard Michael Davis University of Alabama
39 12.00 Anton Bobytskyi Eric West Oklahoma State University
39 12.00 David Tillem Charlie Caris Georgetown University
39 12.00 Camilo Perez Ryan Kent University of Delaware
39 12.00 Ofir Weintraub Daniel Isaza East Tennessee State University
39 12.00 Daniel Sotomarino Gleb Maslau University of North Florida
49 11.43 Christoffer Konigsfeldt Nick Andrews California
50 11.25 Maxime Armengaud Jeremy Langer Indiana University-Bloomington
51 11.24 Michael Nusslein Christian Saravia Rice University
52 11.16 Alex Llompart Finn Tierney Pepperdine
52 11.16 Jesus Bandres Sander Gille East Tennessee State University
52 11.16 Adrian Forberg Skogeng Tucker Vorster Univ. of Mississippi
55 11.09 Alexander Pelaez Filip Miljevic Illinois State University
56 11.00 Kalle Norberg Tucker Vorster Univ. of Mississippi
57 10.91 Vijay Paul Bryant Salcedo Vanderbilt University
58 10.50 Alex Joitoiu Lachlan Reed University of Idaho
58 10.50 Max Ando Hirsh Kinshuk Sharma UNC Wilmington
60 10.45 Ivan Lopez Otto Sauer Loyola Marymount University

Rank Team Last Yr Final
1 USC (46) 1
2 Virginia (5) 3
3 Ohio State 2
4 UCLA 5
5 Tennessee (1) 8
6 Baylor 7
7 Georgia 6
8 Texas (1) 9
9 Stanford 10
10 Mississippi 4
11 Florida 11
12 Texas A&M 14
13 Florida State 13
14 Kentucky 15
15 Illinois 12
16 Wake Forest 17
17 Pepperdine 18
18 Alabama 16
19 Duke 23
20 Louisville 22
21 Miami 19
22 Boise State 20
23 Auburn 21
24 Arizona 24
25 Oklahoma State 25
26 Washington 26
27 Virginia Tech 27
28 NorthCarolina 32
29 LSU 28
30 NotreDame 31
31 Minnesota 30
32 Wisconsin 37
33 Michigan 33
34 Tulsa 29
35 Rice 34
36 SouthCarolina 35
37 SouthFlorida 38
38 TCU 39
39 TexasTech 40
40 California 41
41 Hawaii 42
42 SanDiegoSt 43
43 GeorgiaTech 49
44 Oklahoma 48
45 FresnoSt 45
46 VCU 44
47 Northwestern 47
48 Indiana 50
49 NewMexico 46
50 Columbia 53
51 Utah 52
52 NorthCarolinaSt 51
53 Arkansas 56
54 PennSt 55
55 Vanderbilt 62
56 Radford 54
57 MiddleTenn 58
58 TAMCC 57
59 UNCWilmington 60
60 Iowa 61
61 Furman 59
62 EastTenn 63
63 Harvard 64
64 BrighamYoung 65
65 Nebraska 69
66 Clemson 66
67 MissSt 72
68 SMU 71
69 Pacific 68
70 Elon 67
71 Yale 70
72 SouthCarolinaUpstate 71
73 UNLV 73
74 DePaul 74
75 William_Mary 75

out_here_grindin
01-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Good stuff there. Interesting to see Bizjak ranked 79th and Alvarez not in top 125 (for Clemson). I wonder if Alvarez will still play #1

jmf07
01-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Hope JP Smith has another good year and John Peers does well.

out_here_grindin
01-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Clemson starts tommorrow as do many teams.

DartMarcus
01-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Some questions to you, college tennis fans :D
1) How big is the difference between D1 and D2 schools? I mean, whether D1 teams are much stonger than D2 ones or not?
2) How good you should be to get a full scholarship in an average D1 college?
3) Is it possible to participate in futures or challengers during studying?

Springer89
01-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Some questions to you, college tennis fans :D
3) Is it possible to participate in futures or challengers during studying?

Yes, as long as one retains his amateur status. Check out USA F1 futures this week (Chase Buchanan from Ohio States in qualies) or Charlottesville challenger from last year(e.q. Cunha and Carlton from Duke).
You may find this site useful http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/

:wavey:

out_here_grindin
01-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Hey Marcus to answer your question: The differnce between Div1 and D2 is pretty large. Certianlyit depends on the team but Clemson(D1) who is around 60 in the rankings slaughtered some good D2 schools like Anderson University(#22 in D2) last year. Do you want to play D1 or D2? There are some D1 schools who are probably worse than the D2 schools but overall D1 is much better.

You have to be pretty damn good to make a D1 team. (againd it depsnds on how good the team is). It is easier to play for a smaller D1 school not in the rankings. So for you I would suggest looking at some non-ranked D1 schools and poke around with their coaches and compare your play with their players.

DartMarcus
01-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Hey Marcus to answer your question: The differnce between Div1 and D2 is pretty large. Certianlyit depends on the team but Clemson(D1) who is around 60 in the rankings slaughtered some good D2 schools like Anderson University(#22 in D2) last year. Do you want to play D1 or D2? There are some D1 schools who are probably worse than the D2 schools but overall D1 is much better.

You have to be pretty damn good to make a D1 team. (againd it depsnds on how good the team is). It is easier to play for a smaller D1 school not in the rankings. So for you I would suggest looking at some non-ranked D1 schools and poke around with their coaches and compare your play with their players.
I'd like to play for D1 school, but I don't know if I am good enough for it. Could you advice some nice non-ranked D1 colleges, where you don't have to be superstar player and don't have to have very good SAT scores? :) I am having my SAT exam on saturday, so wish me good luck :help:

out_here_grindin
01-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Do you care which part of the country?

and good luck on the SAT:)

DartMarcus
01-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Do you care which part of the country?

and good luck on the SAT:)
Thanks. I don't really care about location, but I`d prefer south or south-east, or anywhere where you can find good weather conditions. Well, I checked Clemson on google map and it has great location. :worship:

out_here_grindin
01-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Presbyterian (Clinton,SC)
Wofford (Spartanburg,SC)
Coastal Carolina (Conway,SC)
SC State (Orangeburg,SC)
NC Central (Durham,NC)
UNC-Greensboro
Lipscomb (Nashville,TN)
Chattanooga(TN)
Kennesaw State (Kennesaw,GA)
Mercer(Atlanta,GA)
Georgia Southern (Valdosta,GA)

you might want to check up on those schools, they are lower division 1 schools.
None of them have a particularly strong tennis team but would offer scholarships. Note that some of them are pretty good academically. If you want to go to one that has lesser academics then, SC State, NC Central,Kennesaw State amd Coastal Carolina are good fits.

out_here_grindin
01-28-2010, 03:08 AM
Ole Miss may be in reloading mode this year. They barely edged 64 ranked Mississippi State today

out_here_grindin
01-28-2010, 03:09 AM
Ole Miss may be in reloading mode this year, they barely edged #64 Mississippi State today 4-3

out_here_grindin
02-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Kentucky defeats Ozone's Wake Forest 4-3

out_here_grindin
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Upset:eek::eek: #14 Kentucky def. #2 Virginia 4-3. This is real surprising to me, since I think UVA has their deepest team ever. Kentucky looks to be for real. However this loss might be good for Virginia becasuse the last 2 seasons they went undefeated in the regular season, only to lose in the tournament each time. Maybe they can get their loss out early now and make a run to the title.

results:

Singles
No. 1 – #8 Eric Quigley (UK) def. #12 Sanam Singh (UVA) 6-3, 6-4
No. 2 – #39 Alex Musialek (UK) def. #3 Michael Shabaz (UVA) 6-4, 7-6 (7-5)
No. 3 – #16 Jarmere Jenkins (UVA) def. Brad Cox (UK) 7-6 (7-4), 7-6 (7-3)
No. 4 – #31 Drew Courtney (UVA) def. Graeme Dyce (UK) 6-2, 6-1
No. 5 – #58 Houston Barrick (UVA) def. Anthony Rossi (UK) 6-4, 1-6, 6-3
No. 6 – Alberto Gonzalez (UK) def. #28 Lee Singer (UVA) 6-3, 7-6 (9-7)

Order of finish: 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6*

Doubles
No. 1 – #9 Eric Quigley/Brad Cox (UK) def. #4 Sanam Singh/Houston Barrick (UVA) 8-5
No. 2 – Alex Lambropoulos/Alberto Gonzalez (UK) def. Michael Shabaz/Jarmere Jenkins (UVA) 8-5
No. 3 – Alex Musialek/Anthony Rossi (UK) def. #17 Drew Courtney/Lee Singer (UVA) 8-4

Order of finish: 1, 3, 2

DartMarcus
02-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Have just got my SAT scores: CR 480, M 690, WR 620.
out_here_grindin, do you think my scores will be good enough for the schools you stated?

out_here_grindin
02-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah those are decent scores. Certainly good enough to get into the colleges I mentioned. That match score ie very high, the reading may be a little bit low but the overall score is pretty good.

out_here_grindin
02-14-2010, 01:48 AM
national indoors tournament draw (http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/ita_assets/pdf/Men$!27s+National+Team+Indoors/2010+Men$!27s+Team+Indoor+(Virginia)/2010+MTI+Draw.pdf)

out_here_grindin
02-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Clemson off to a pretty ho-hum 8-0 start.

Georgia State Win 5-2
The Citadel Win 6-1
at #59 Furman University Win 4-3
College of Charleston Win 5-2
Presbyterian Win 7-0
#73 South Carolina, Upstate Win 5-2
Davidson Win 5-2
Gardner-Webb Win 7-0

The best out of those was the Win at Furman. Snapped their 25 match home winning streak in front of a hostile profanity laced crowd. But other than that the teams haven't been that good that Clemson has played.

Looking forward to when we play some better teams, to see how we stack up.

Chris-swede
02-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Ole Miss may be in reloading mode this year, they barely edged #64 Mississippi State today 4-3

Their No. 1 player from last year, Devin Britton, NCAA Champion, went to the Pros after his freshman year.
Their No.2 player from last year, Jonas Berg is not eligible anymore for College.
And their no.3 player from last year, Kalle Norberg is currently injured. He is their No.1 this year.
So if u miss your 3 best players from last year you have a hard time. They are still Top 20 and Sweet 16 should be in their raquets..but not more.
Next season can be their season again then.:)

out_here_grindin
03-02-2010, 01:57 AM
The SEC is so deep this year. Ole Miss may struggle. Georgia,Florida,Alabama,Tennessee and Kentucky may all be better.

Cal upset Stanford last week.

UVA won the indoor title, they are looking very very good. Can they get over the NCAA hump this year?

out_here_grindin
03-04-2010, 05:41 PM
This is insane, Virginia has the top 2 players in the country in the latest rankings. Sanahm Singh is #1 and Michael Shabaz at #2. Ironically Shabaz playes 1 position at UVA while Singh plays 2.
Overall 8 UVA players have a ranking.

out_here_grindin
03-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Clemson won a battle vs Miami on Saturday. Nearly 6 hours, 5 of the 6 matches went to 3 sets. And Clemson was victorious, winning 4-3. Rigsby with the clinch at position 5.

14-0

Ozone
03-21-2010, 07:37 PM
#2 Tennessee 4 - #20 Wake Forest 3

This was a real sad loss for the Deacs. Anytime being up 3-1 and having the chance to beat a #2 team is tough to take. However, the Demon Deacons, IMO, looked like they might have one of the best teams in the school's history this year. With 3 freshman in the top 6 making up for the absence of Cory Parr is very exciting. However, those 3 freshman did essentially cost the Deacs this match thanks to bad doubles play from the #12 team of Forman/Atkinson. Alright, let's get to it now...

DOUBLES
#1- (#12) Forman/Atkinson vs. #3 Smith/D. Sandgren

This Tennnessee doubles team played up to there ranking. They just got the job done and played very smart doubles. Atkinson was the achilles heal for the duo of Wake. He and Forman got a break back finally to get to 4-5 after many missed backhand returns from Atkinson, but a D.F. on Forman's serve on game point the next game lead to a break and then the match for the Vols. Not good doubles all-around from the Deacs.

The only other doubles win Wake had was from the 3 spot where freshman Tripper Carleton and Jon Wolff blantantly outmatch T. Sandgren and his partner.

SINGLES!

#1- freshman #77 Tripper Carleton vs. #2 or #3 J.P. Smith

Honestly this match was kind of boring. Really long points and no signs of firepower. Smith's game revolved around hitting deep balls that had an interesting kick to them that hopefully would setup a short ball for him. The freshman Tripper Carleton struggled to simply win games after having 2 BP's in the opening game. Tripper looked unsettled and unconfident with easy short balls. He got more and more aggravated with his inability to dominate play. I think this made him more tentative from the baseline and he started playing to Smith's pace in the first set. 6-1 to Smith.

In the second, Tripper somehow took it 7-5. He played a little smarter and went for a few forehands when the court was open.

I didn't get to see the third, which Smith took 6-3.

SUMMARY: In all, I don't think Smith will end the year in the top 10. He gives you the chance to hit a bigger ball back to setup the point. He does make you WIN the point though, and his rally balls and kind of awkward to return.

Tripper looks VERY solid for a freshman. He will be a huge contribution to this program.

#2- Forman vs. Tennessee guy

The senior Steve Forman was just too hot to handle for this little player from UT. Forman won 61 64 with booming forehand's that made UT scared and huddle up behind the baseline. I believe Forman could have beaten J.P. Smith at #1. Being a big guy, Forman could have handled Smith's deep balls and easily dictated pace and put away the slower balls from Smith.

#3- Wolff vs. Ryano Williams(may have completely failed at getting that name right)

This UT guy looked like he never cared. Took a lot of heat from the Wake Forest peanut gallery also. He was just blasting balls out every so often and Wolff's grind-it-out style of play wasn't what Ut wanted at all. The 5' 6" Wolff took it 63 63.

#4- #1_ _ Iain Atkinson vs. freshman sensation Tennys Sandgren

Atkinson was day and night better in singles than in doubles. I was amazed by his improvement from last year. Sandgren was very frustrated that there was no weakness to pick on with Atko's game. Atkinson's backhand, defensively and offensively, was a thing of beauty. Sandgren could definitely hit the ball well, but Atko's power and consistency and incapability of missing anything was too much for the semester-early freshman. Atkinson 64 60.

I am getting tired. This freshman for Wake, Zach Leslie, won the first set all while trying to party with the Wake team in the stands. He didn't have much left and they went to a 3rd set, which UT took and was a must win for the Vols. Leslie is very talented though, also a semester-early freshman. He will be good for Wake.

At #6, freshman Danny Kreyman was pounded in the deciding match 62 62. He has some game and hits a good ball, but I was extrememly dissapointed that senior Jason Morgenstern didn't get the call in a type of match like this.

It was very fun to see two great teams like this. Wake will definitely be much better than #20 in the nation, Tennessee isn't as good as #2. Wake's doubles will hold them back of being a top 10 team. It was fun to see the #1 junior in the U.S. play(Tennys Sandgren) as well as a #1 college player(John-Patrick Smith) play.

Ozone
03-21-2010, 07:41 PM
What up guys I am back.

Take a look at my Wake-Tennessee recap^^

I am extremely disappointed in wake, not cuz of the UT loss though. Friday, they went to LSU and they were up 2-0. I looked at the livescore and they were in control of all of the other 5 singles matches except for one at 4, which Wake lost in a first set breaker. So say good, finally a solid road out-of-conference win. Then I look on there website later and they lose 4-3!

I think Forman, a deserving senior who is undefeated or close to it this year, should play 1. He has the weapons to beat anyone. It's really frustrating to see a team lose when the 3 freshman in the lineup all lose:( They have started putting senior Morgenstern at 6 now, which is a good move. So 6-4 moving into ACC play when we should be 7-3 or better. I believe we are a top 10 team

out_here_grindin
03-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey Ozone good to have you back.

Wake lost to LSU? That's a bad loss, LSU isn't all that good this year.

Clemson got blasted by FSU for the first loss of the season. Our schedule was pretty weak and we started 15-0, but I was expecting a better fight vs FSU. 7-0 FSU

Our best wins thus far are beating Miami 4-3 and beating William and Mary 4-3.

Ozone
03-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Oh yeah they lost at 1,4,5,6, all after winning the first set. Ridiculous. At least it isn't in conference though. I honestly think that Wake can give virginia a test this year. That sounds absolutely ridiculous but Jeff Zinn has found a really smart doubles lineup and Forman is insane at #2 and Wolff- #3(who lost to USC leading 5-3 in 3rd set tiebreaker but received a game penalty) has the game to beat anybody and #4 Iain Atkinson is very talented.

Ozone
03-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Btw, I might be in a tournament at Clemson University in Greer in early May

out_here_grindin
03-23-2010, 01:00 AM
I think Duke is probably the 2nd best team in the ACC. They have a poor record because of their murderous schedule, but they are coming off of a win over USC. Freshman Cunha is deadly as #1. Duke is strong.

I think the ACC is as follows:

1. UVA
2. Duke
3. FSU
4. Wake
5. VT
6. GT
7. UNC
8. Clemson
9. Miami
10. NC State
11. Boston College
12. Maryland

Ozone
03-23-2010, 02:56 AM
Pre-conference predictions! Heck yeah. Alright here is my prediction.

1) UVA - not even fair
2) Wake
3) Duke
4) FSU
5) UNC
6) VT
7) GT
8)Clem
9)UM
10) NC state
11) Maryland
12) Boston College

out_here_grindin
03-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Big game tomorrow for Clemson vs South Carolina. This is a payback match. In 2008 at Chuck Kriese's final home game as Clemson coach(1976-2008, has most ACC titles of any coach) South Carolina destroyed Clemson. After winning the doubles point Clemson was blasted on all 6 singles courts. Tomorrow is the final time Clemson will face the Gamecocks legendary coach Kent DeMars. It is also the final time we will play against the Brazil trio of Cubas,Campos and Machado for the Gamecocks. Payback

Big match: 33 Clemson vs 48 South Carolina

Ozone
03-24-2010, 01:06 AM
I got USC 5-2. They are a nasty team

out_here_grindin
03-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Let me see (predictions):

Doubles point USC: I am not confident in oir doubles teams right now, the #1 team of Alvarez and Bolona is not very strong at all for #1.

Singles #1: 73 Cubas def Alvarez: Match of the day, 2 real grinders will go at it in a tense 3 setter. Cubas is a bit better and I expect him to win. Plenty of controversy in this match as well

#2: 125 Campos def Difazio: Rout win for Campos, not sure why Difazio is #2.

#3: Galloway def Kostanov: Galloway is Clemson's sure win every match. He lost at FSU but he is a very reliable and mentally tough player. A little bit over his head at #3 because of the injury to Bizjak, but I expect him to beat Kostanov who is on a big losing skid.

4 and 5 are tossups. Moran and Rigsby(both former #1's in state of SC) have been playing well. This is the weaker part of USC's team, we could pull both.

6: Defeat for Clemson. There is no relaible 6 right now for us. Either Borachinskiy or Bolona will play it, maybe Dettinger. Borachinskiy has been a big letdown this year, he is a senior and was as high as #2 on team his sophomore year and defeated Dom Inglot of UVA once. This year he is not very good.

Overall: I say 4-3 USC

out_here_grindin
03-25-2010, 01:48 AM
48 South Carolina def 33 Clemson 5-2

1: Cubas def Alvarez 6-2 7-6(3): Real grinders match. Players are clones of one another but Cubas has a better backhand. I thought Carlos would give a closer match. He served for 2nd set at 5-4 but was broken and Cubas took the match.

2: Campos def. DiFazio 6-0 7-5: The 1st set was a whitewash which I expected. Campos is just way too good at the #2 position. DiFazio took a 4-2 lead in the 2nd set but was never going to win, Campos's level had just drooped a bit.

3: Galloway def. Cressoni 6-1 6-4: Galloway continues to steamroll opponents. He just dosen't lose to players that are below his level. No screwing around from him.

4: Kostanov def Moran 6-2 6-2: The baffling match of the day. I thought Moran would win, but he was beaten to a pulp by a player who was on a 7 match losing skid. Can't explain this one.

5: Machado def Rigsby: 6-3 7-6: Didn't see much of this match because it was on the very far court. Had an epic tie-break in set 2.

6: Bolona def Pulsfort: 7-5 5-7 6-0: Bolona has potential for sure. A great win for him. This was a hard-hitting match, both players can really hit their forehands well. This match was higher quality than many of the higher courts.

Overall a letdown. The team didn't seem to have the same fire as they have been having this year. Things don't get any easier, 3 game road trip coming up. at wake, at NC State and at GT. Hopefully we can get Bizjak back by then.

Ozone
03-25-2010, 03:22 AM
What did I say:aplot:

Sorry man, but you cant expect to win big non-conference matches when you play a cakewalk of a schedule.

Ozone
03-25-2010, 03:32 AM
The Demon Deacs win there ACC opener 5-2 against NC State!! Tripper Carleton did not play so it probably could have been 6-1 or 7-0. Steve Forman should be playing #1 all along though.

out_here_grindin
03-25-2010, 03:34 AM
Yeah I'm not sure why we didn't play Georgia this year. We have been playing them every for as long as I can remember, but for some reason they went off the schedule this year. Wer should have played a few more tough teams, but still I would rather be ranked 33rd with a 15-2 record than in the 50s and 60s with a mediocre record.

I hope Bizjak can come back from injury soon, he would add depth to the line-up and senior experience. Could have used him today, he beat Campos 6-2 6-3 last year.

out_here_grindin
03-29-2010, 02:44 AM
ACC weekend results:

Duke def BC 6-1
def Maryland 5-2

Virginia def Miami 7-0
def FSU 5-2

VT def FSU 5-2
def Miami 5-2

GT def NC State 6-1
def Wake Forest 4-3

Wake Forest def Clemson 7-0

NC State def Clemson 5-2

UNC def Maryland 4-3
def BC 6-1

Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech had impressive weeks, they are moving themse;ves to the front of the pack. UVA defeated perhaps their toughest competitors in FSU. Also, Maryland was surprisingly competitive with UNC and Duke, they may be a surprise team in the next few years.

Ozone
03-30-2010, 12:37 AM
WAKE FOREST 7- CLEMSON 0

http://wwpoints-recipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bagel.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

out_here_grindin
03-30-2010, 12:51 AM
I was quite dissapointed with that result. Bad weekend for Clemson. We almost beat Wake last year with what I thought was an inferior team.

Did you go to the match Ozone?

Ozone
03-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Nah man I was at a tournament myself. And Wake's loss to Ga Tech was absolutely ridiculous and heartbreaking. Forman (who is now playing #1:D) was up 5-1 in the 3rd set to #5 Gomez of Ga Tech. Forman started cramping and couldnt win another game to give Ga Tech the win. Carleton also lost 75 in the 3rd set at #2. Really terrible loss. Oh well. #2 in the conference is still very likely for the Deacs

Ozone
03-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Dude dude dude. Wake and UNC are playing right now in Chapel Hill!! Vamos Wake!
http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-tennis/stats/unc-ncst-040506.html

Live stat link^

You should become a Wake fan since we can compete for an ACC title

Ozone
03-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Wtf we lost the doubs point. Forman is playing with Leslie instead of Atkinson?? Weird. Leslie is absolutely a sick talented doubs player though. Ive seen him do drills. Amazing.

Ozone
03-30-2010, 11:21 PM
WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS 4
NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS 2

#24 Wake (9-5, 3-1) loses the doubles point but fights back BIG in singles and dominates tie-breakers to take the rivalry 4-2 against #20 UNC.

In singles, #56 Steve Forman defeated #51 Clay Donato in a quick 3 setter 61 26 63. At #2, freshman and #42 held on for a 60 76(5) victory against #78 Hernandez. At #3, Jon Wolff was defeated by Carolina's #108 Boyajian 26 36. At #4, #101 Iain Atkinson held off Hardy 62 76(3). At #5, freshman Danny Kreyman came through for the Deacs and clinched the duel 62 76(3) against Crone. Freshman Zach Leslie is still on court at #6 up 75 66. They may call it off or play on. Idk.

BIG WIN!!

out_here_grindin
03-31-2010, 12:30 AM
good win for Wake, but I think FSU and Duke are slightly better, but we will see. Clemson plays GT tomorrow(another 7-0 loss probably).

Are you a fan of Tripper Carleton? How is he this year?

my acc individual rankings:

pos 1: 1. Cunha 2.Gomez 3.Shabaz 4.Re 5.Aubone
pos 2: 1. Singh 2.Carleton 3.Mizradeh 4.Somen 5.King
pos 3: 1. Bowles 2.Courtney 3.Galloway

Ozone
03-31-2010, 11:55 PM
I like what you're doing there. Kinda like ALL-ACC teams. Hmm. Dude we should get focused on other conferences. I will take Pac-10 and the SEC, you can stick with the ACC and the big 12 and big Ten. Yes I am giving you 1 extra but how good is the big ten really? And also you dont have to learn anything more about the ACC

Tripper Carleton. Freshman blue chip recruit from Florida. Brother of Duke's Reid Carleton. Yeah ima fan. It's tough to see the good in his game since he is playing #1 and #2, but he can really play the game. He is a very good, smart tennis player. Not a ball basher or baseliner. Actually he does his duties at the baseline but he understands the game. Kind of like in basketball- you have the good atheletes who can just get to the rim and jump high and dunk- then you have the little white kid who has intuition and can pass and is in the right spot in the right time and knows when to and when not to shoot. That's kind of like Trip-trip. He isn't that smart but he knows where he is at and what he has to do. The more and more I write this the more I keep doubting myself because he really should have stepped up against JP Smith on his serve.

But anyways, Tripper can setup points very well. He hits a great ball and he is able to wear down his opponents very well. He really shines when he plays #3 doubles, because he gets a chance to shine against inferior talent. Trip-trip is going to keep learning and get better and better, I guarantee that. By his senior year, we should be looking at a top 10 player.

Ozone
04-01-2010, 12:07 AM
NEW RANKINGS!!!
http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-tennis/division_i2.html
TOP 25

1- Virginia^
2- Ohio State
3- Tennessee
4- Southern California*
5- Texas
6- Florida
7- Stanford
8- Georgia
9- UCLA
10- Kentucky
11- Baylor
12- Texas A&M
13- Texas Tech
14- Louisville
15- Illinois
16- Mississippi
17- California
18- Virgnia Tech :lol:
19- Oklahoma
20- North Carolina
21- Washington
22- Florida State
23- Pepperdine
24- Wake Forest
25- Georgia Tech

^= National Indoors Champion
*= Defending National Champions

out_here_grindin
04-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Clemson lost 7-0 to GT today. Not as bad as the scoreline suggests, there were several 3 setters and tough matches. But I was bassled at the line-up. Why did DiFazio play #1 vs Gomez? Last year Alvarez took Gomez to a 3rd set tiebreak before falling, it's a good matchup for him. Whatever, 2 absolute must wins this weekend vs Maryland(improving team) and BC.

You got SEC? Ok. The SEC is probably the best conference at the top.

I don't know a whole lot about the Big Ten, but I will look at their results more closely now.
I will also keep an eye on some non-major conference teams that are serious contendors (like Pepperdine).

out_here_grindin
04-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Results for every team: http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRankings/Results_Entry/LatestResults.htm
I check that about 3 times a day because they update a lot. i look at the results of all the ranked teams.

Big 12 surprise of the year so far: Texas Tech. They are ranked 13 and have been playing very well lately. Raony Carvalho has risen to #6 in the singles. A friend of mine told me that he is one of the smoothest players he has ever seen at the college level. Can Texas Tech challenge Texas and Baylor? Oklahoma has also been better this year, with coach John Roddick. The Big 12 south is so loaded, with 5 teams in the top 20.

Ozone
04-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Big win today for the Demon Deacons at Miami. They clinch with a 4-1 lead.

I like what they did in doubs. They put #14 Forman-Atkinson together at 1, who are kind of shaky this year, then they put Wolff-Morgenstern at 2, really interesting combination, and then at 3 Carleton and Leslie paired up- that is an absolute unstoppable team. Should be an automatic win. Leslie has incredible hands to say the least. Carleton is just a super solid doubles player.

Miami is definitely having a down year due to all the players they lost last year. Wake is now 10-5, 4-1:yeah:

Ozone
04-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Here are some conference standings for my assinged conferences:
PAC-10
TEAM........CONFERENCE..........OVERALL
#4 USC............6-0.....................17-2
#17 Cal............2-1.....................10-4
#9 UCLA...........3-2......................11-4
#21 Wash........1-2.....................15-3
#7 Stanford......1-3.....................11-5
#32 Arizona......0-2.....................11-7
#70 Oregon......0-3.....................11-6

NOTES:

#4 USC plays #7 Stanford today

#4 USC resume-
Key wins- #9 UCLA (4-0) @ #9 UCLA (6-1), @ #23 Pepperdine (6-1), @ #7 Stanford (4-3), #24 Wake Forest (5-2), #8 Georgia (4-2), #7 Stanford (5-2)
Losses- #5 Texas (2-4), @ #27 Duke (3-4)

#7 Stanford resume-
Key wins- #10 Kentucky (4-2), @ #15 Illinois (4-3), #19 Oklahoma (7-0)
Losses- #5 Texas (0-4), #17 Cal (3-4), #4 USC (3-4), #11 Baylor (3-4), # 4 USC (2-5)

#9 UCLA
Key wins- #23 Pepperdine (4-0), #10 Kentucky (4-1), @ #17 Cal (4-3), #27 Duke (4-3),
Losses- #3 Tennessee (2-4), #4 USC (0-4), #4 USC (1-6), #11 Baylor (3-4)

#17 California
Key wins- #13 Texas Tech (4-0), @ #7 Stanford (4-3)
Losses- @ #5 Texas (0-4), #9 UCLA (3-4), #26 Michigan (2-5), @ #12 Texas A&M (2-5)

Wrap-up:

The pac-10 has 3 dangerous teams that have the ability to beat anybody. USC headlines the field with a strong 6 and there 17-2 record proves it. They have beaten #7 Stanford twice, home and away, as well as #9 UCLA. One of there most impressive wins includes a road trip to #8 Georgia and winning 4-2. There only losses are to a loaded #5 Texas team (2-4) and a road trip to Durham against Duke (3-4). #7 Stanford and #9 UCLA are as always very solid teams, and have potential to go very far in May. They will be battling for the #2 spot. Will we see back-to-back national champions from the pac-10?

out_here_grindin
04-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Wow, UVA barely edges UNc 4-3. Strong match from the Tar Heels.
Duke beat VT and the big shock was at #2 Reid Carleton beat 62 Somen 6-0 6-0 :eek:
Duke routed VT, they are a seriously dangerous team

Clemson stopped the skid, beat BC 5-2. We played good doubles and won all 3 by an 8-3 scoreline.

1. Thomas Nolan (BC) d. Derek DiFazio (CU) 6-7 6-1 10-6

2. Carlos Alvarez (CU) d. Akash Muppidi (BC) 4-6 6-3 10-3

3. Kevin Galloway (CU) d. Alex Skinner (BC) 6-1 6-1

4. Gera Boryachinskiy (CU) d. Erik Kreutzer (BC) 6-4 6-1

5. Wes Moran (CU) d. Jonathan Schroeder (BC) 6-2 6-3

6. Brian Locklear (BC) d. Moritz Dettinger (CU) 6-4 3-6 10-6

Ozone
04-03-2010, 02:09 AM
I saw that. It looked like UVA may have been up 3-0 so im not going to jump out of my seat. UNC won all of there 3 matches in the 3rd set too I think.

Duke is definitely dangerous. Im going to have to check out there schedule to see what happened to them in the out-of-confernce season.

Meanwhile, ima tackle the pac-10 and SEC standings

Ozone
04-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Here are some conference standings for my assinged conferences:
PAC-10
TEAM........CONFERENCE..........OVERALL
#4 USC............6-0.....................17-2
#17 Cal............2-1.....................10-4
#9 UCLA...........3-2......................11-4
#21 Wash........1-2.....................15-3
#7 Stanford......1-3.....................11-5
#32 Arizona......0-2.....................11-7
#70 Oregon......0-3.....................11-6

NOTES:

#4 USC plays #7 Stanford today

#4 USC resume-
Key wins- #9 UCLA (4-0) @ #9 UCLA (6-1), @ #23 Pepperdine (6-1), @ #7 Stanford (4-3), #24 Wake Forest (5-2), #8 Georgia (4-2), #7 Stanford (5-2)
Losses- #5 Texas (2-4), @ #27 Duke (3-4)

#7 Stanford resume-
Key wins- #10 Kentucky (4-2), @ #15 Illinois (4-3), #19 Oklahoma (7-0)
Losses- #5 Texas (0-4), #17 Cal (3-4), #4 USC (3-4), #11 Baylor (3-4), # 4 USC (2-5)

#9 UCLA
Key wins- #23 Pepperdine (4-0), #10 Kentucky (4-1), @ #17 Cal (4-3), #27 Duke (4-3),
Losses- #3 Tennessee (2-4), #4 USC (0-4), #4 USC (1-6), #11 Baylor (3-4)

#17 California
Key wins- #13 Texas Tech (4-0), @ #7 Stanford (4-3)
Losses- @ #5 Texas (0-4), #9 UCLA (3-4), #26 Michigan (2-5), @ #12 Texas A&M (2-5)

Wrap-up:

The pac-10 has 3 dangerous teams that have the ability to beat anybody. USC headlines the field with a strong 6 and there 17-2 record proves it. They have beaten #7 Stanford twice, home and away, as well as #9 UCLA. One of there most impressive wins includes a road trip to #8 Georgia and winning 4-2. There only losses are to a loaded #5 Texas team (2-4) and a road trip to Durham against Duke (3-4). #7 Stanford and #9 UCLA are as always very solid teams, and have potential to go very far in May. They will be battling for the #2 spot. Will we see back-to-back national champions from the pac-10?

#4 USC just defeated #7 Stanford 5-2 at USC

Ozone
04-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Scores from yesterday from around the country:

#3 Tennessee def. #16 Mississippi 7-0
#12 Texas A&M def. #37 Nebraska 4-3
#21 Washington def. #34 Arizona 6-1
#9 UCLA def. #17 California 5-2
#2 Ohio State def. #73 Iowa 6-1
#25 Georgia Tech def. #71 Maryland 7-0
#14 Louisville def. South Flroida 4-3
#44 Minnesota def. #58 Penn State 6-1
#33 Alabama def. #46 LSU 4-3
#4 USC def. #7 Stanford 5-2
#24 Wake Forest def. #51 Miami 5-2
#1 Virgnia def. #20 North Carolina 4-3

There are many other scores too, but they arent listed online

Ozone
04-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Here is how the SEC is stacking up(not completely up to date):

#3 Tennessee 8-0, 19-1
#8 Georgia 7-1, 14-4
#6 Florida 6-0, 13-2
#10 Kentucky 4-2, 14-6
#16 Ole Miss 7-4, 13-4
#45 Auburn 2-4, 6-9
#35 Vanderbilt 2-4, 6-7
#46 LSU 2-5, 5-11
#33 Alabama 2-6, 9-10
#50 Arkansas 1-6, 9-10
#47 Miss State 1-5, 8-7
#38 South Carolina 1-6, 9-7

(Conference, Overall)

Notes: Tennessee's only loss was at Virginia 1-4. Florida's 2 losses have come to @ #11 Baylor and #2 Ohio State. #10 Kentucky has beaten #1 Virginia this year.

out_here_grindin
04-03-2010, 07:09 PM
12 Texas A&M escapes 37 Nebraska 4-3, it came down to a final 3rd set tiebreak at court 1.

Big 12 is very solid, there are no bad teams which Nebraska proved yesterday.
More Big 12 stuff coming

El Legenda
04-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Lets talk some NCAA D3 tennis, my brother is 8-2(he is 9-1 in doubles) on the season and his team is 7-3 rickdastick is his username on MTF :)

out_here_grindin
04-04-2010, 03:17 AM
Lets talk some NCAA D3 tennis, my brother is 8-2(he is 9-1 in doubles) on the season and his team is 7-3 rickdastick is his username on MTF :)

The Mizzou fan? what school does he play for?

out_here_grindin
04-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Big ACC games today all atrating around 1:

Wake at FSU (http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-tennis/spec-rel/fsu-m-tennis-live-updates-fsuwake.html)
UVA at Duke - There is some live video of this
Maryland at Clemson (http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/livestats/w-tennis/Scoreboard.html) (I may actually miss this one, 1st miss all year)
NC State at Miami
VT at UNC

out_here_grindin
04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Duke in the process of choking vs Virginia

Ozone
04-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Great day in the ACC!

Wake takes down #22 Florida State, 5-2. They clinched at 4-0.
Sanam Singh cliches an epic thriller in Charlottesville at 3-3, as he beats Reid Carleton at #2 in the 3rd set.
UNC also goes down to the wire, 3-3 at court #3. They were down 2-3 but Hardy rallies for a 57 75 63 clinching win.

All of these matchups are just perfect.

Ozone
04-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Clemson downs Maryland 6-1:eek:

Ozone
04-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Scores from yesterday from the SEC

#35 Vanderbilt* def. #38 South Carolina 6-1
#6 Florida def. #10 Kentucky* 4-3
The Florida Gators pulled off a HUGE road win in a very crucial SEC matchup.
Kentucky took the doubles point, but there #13 team lost to Florida's #12 team at #1.
Florida regained the lead in singles at #4 and #6, but #13 Eric Quigley of Kentucky battled past #7 Lacroix of Florida at #1 76 64. At #2, #44 Musialek of Kentucky put the Cats back in the lead, 3-2 at #2 singles. But Kentucky could not seal the deal on there home courts at #3 and #5, as #6 Florida took gutsy 3 setters to win the dual 4-3 and remain unbeaten in SEC play.
#8 Georgia* def. #16 Mississippi 5-2
#3 Tennessee* def. #47 Mississippi State 5-2
#33 Alabama* def. #50 Arkansas 4-0

PAC-10 scores from the weekend

#7 Stanford def. #9 UCLA* 4-3
Big time pac-10 matchup. Stanford took the doubles point but UCLA took down the #1 duo in the nation at #1 doubles. #41 Meister/Inbar of UCLA defeated #1 Klahn.Thacher of Stanford 8-4:eek:
#5 singles player Bradley Klahn won at #1 for Stanford. It all came down to the match at court #2, #45 Alex Clayton of Stanford and #102 Inbar of UCLA. Inbar rallied in the 2nd set to win 6-2, but Clayton held his nerve on opposing courts to win the 3rd set 7-5 in an epic match.
#4 USC* def. #17 Cal 6-1
#34 Arizona* def. #70 Oregon 5-2

*= Denotes home court

Ozone
04-05-2010, 04:38 PM
OZONE's WEEKLY FEATURE
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1523136400403&id=2edbbd329129a1572cd43f1e2c51cd18&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.leaguelineup.com%2fbaseballu% 2fphotos%2fStanford%2520Cardinal.gif
Big Win Keeps Cardinal Eyes on the Prize

#7 Stanford Cardinal is 12-4 and 2-2 in the Pac-10 and has beaten 2 top-10 teams. It is a resume that almost every college team would like to have, but the Cardinal has been shaking its head about it.

(Tom Rinaldi voiceover here, over suddle but intense piano music)
In there match against #17 California, Stanford lost 3 3-setter. 2 of these were in 3rd set tie-breakers at 6 games all:eek: The other 3 setter was at #2, Alex Clayton lost 6-4 in the 3rd after winning the 1st set.

Stanford's next match was against #4 USC. The Cardinal luck did not change.
USC took the doubles point with a 9-7 win at #3 and a 9-8 win at #2.
In singles, USC took a 2-0 advantage with a win at #5, but Stanford leveled the dual with a win at #6 and a big upset where Alex Clayton took down #1 Steve Johnson 64 76. Stanford got ahead 3-2 as Thacher won at a 3-setter #3, but the Trojans were right back even with a 3 set win at #4.
It all came to down #5 Bradley Klahn of Stanford and #15 Robert Farah of USC. Both of these guys refused to lose. They exchanged tie-breakers in the first 2 sets, but it wsa Farah that clinched the match for USC with a 7-5 third set win in a never-ending deciding match, another heart-breaker for the Stanford Cardinal.

Stanford's other 2 losses come out-of-conference. One to a loaded #5 Texas team 0-4, and the other to #11 Baylor 3-4. Stanford has beaten #10 Kentucky, at #15 Illinois, and now at #9 UCLA. With a clutch 4-3 win on the road against a top-10 and pac-10 foe, Stanford might be the team to beat in May.

out_here_grindin
04-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Clemson downs Maryland 6-1:eek:

surprised? we played pretty well

out_here_grindin
04-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Big 12 results:

37 Nebraska def. 49 OK State 4-3
5 Texas def 13 Texas Tech 4-3.
From what I read this was a choke by the red reaiders as they led 3-2 and had leads in both remaining matches. But experience reigns supreme. 6 Carvalho was carved apart by 10 Kutrovsky 6-4 6-0. 81 Zavala clinched it for Texas.
19 Oklahoma def 31 Tulsa 4-3

out_here_grindin
04-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Team Profile:

Wisconsin Badgers
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/119353/wisconsin-badgers2.jpg

Losses:
26 Michigan (3-4)
15 Illinois (3-4)
36 Notre Dame (3-4)
12 Texas A&M (2-5)
13 Texas Tech (2-5)
14 Louisville (0-4)

Key Wins:
22 Florida State (4-3)
37 Nebraska (5-2)
41 Indiana (5-2)
51 Miami (4-3)

----
Currently ranked #30 in the nation the Wisconsin badgers are no strangers to tight matches. They have played down to the wire against some of the nations best teams and have prevailed against FSU. The top of the Badger line-up is as strong as any in the country. Led by 17 Moritz Baumann and 21 Marek Michalicka. These 2 players provide the Badgers with a very strong dou to lead the line-up. The Badger's downfall this season in their close losses has been the bottom of the line-up. There is a big drop from the top to the bottom and puts a lot of pressure on the top 2 guys to win their matches. 2-2 in the Big Ten with a big tilt with Ohio State coming up, the Badgers will look to finish strong. They cannot be counted out of any match (shown by their competitiveness in every match) because of the strength of the top of their line-up.

Ozone
04-05-2010, 05:33 PM
:yeah:

Bracket buster team it looks like you have there.

Texas Tech looks like an interesting team. Surprising to be at #13. It looks like they have beaten some really good teams but lost to some more average-like teams. Texas looks like the real deal.

I will try to post the best matches of the week. I SHOULD be attending #27 Duke @ #24 Wake Forest this week. Those teams are both much better than there ranking suggests. Should be a grinder

out_here_grindin
04-05-2010, 05:41 PM
We don't have any Big east coverage, but they only have 2 serious teams with Louisville and Notre Dame.

Duke and Wake should be a really great match. I wish I was going. I wonder if Duke will have a letdown after nearyly beating UVA.

Dosen't Wake also play VT and UVA this weekend? Your about to see what your deacs are really made of.

Ozone
04-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah we can just cover those teams independently. Also, can you put a link to this thread in your signature?? We need more followers/posters. Put a really intense pic next to it also:yeah:

Yes, this week is going to tell the Deacs tale this year. Im very confident in it though. I really believe we can go 3-0. I am most worried about Duke. I dont think Wake matches up with them that well. NOTE: WE MAY SEE A BROTHER-BROTHER DUAL at #2 singles!!!!! Freshman Tripper may play his brother Reid. If both lineups stay the same. :D It isnt good for Wake though. Tripper will probably not be very confident and he will have a good excuse to lose. You should come up for it man!

Ozone
04-05-2010, 06:30 PM
New rankings come out tomorrow. Wake will definitely crack the top 20. I really hope they host NCAA's this year. The regional rounds I mean.

I wouldnt be too surprised if Tennessee took Ohio State's #2 spot, now that OSU is playing weaker competition. Doubt that will happen though after OSU's win over Georgia. Baylor should jump into the top 10 now that Kentucky won't be seeing the top 10 for awhile.

out_here_grindin
04-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I can't put pics in my signature, but I will try to get some other people to come in and post as well. Even if they aren't already on this site.

The Carleton battle would be intense and I agree about giving Reid the edge there.

I have a question about the rankings if you know. What rank do you need to be in order to make the NCAA tournament? It's not just strictly the top 64 because you have to factor in conference champions.

out_here_grindin
04-05-2010, 09:21 PM
something interesting

top 30 in 2000:
1 Stanford (28-1)
2 Florida (28-3)
3 Tennessee (23-6)
4 UCLA (24-4)
5 Duke (25-6)
6 Illinois (25-4)
7 Baylor (23-6)
8 Texas A&M (24-6)
9 Virginia Commonwealth (27-5)
10 TCU (22-5)
11 Pepperdine (23-3)
12 LSU (20-6)
13 SMU (25-7)
14 Mississippi (19-6)
15 Fresno State (24-5)
16 Texas (20-7)
17 Southern California (18-9)
18 Georgia (17-11)
19 San Diego State (17-8)
20 Minnesota (24-7)
21 North Carolina (18-6)
22 Mississippi State (12-8)
23 Michigan (16-7)
24 Miami (Fla.) (19-5)
25 South Alabama (18-8)
26 Boise State (23-7)
27 Indiana (17-7)
28 UL Lafayette (15-7)
29 Indiana State (29-5)
30 Auburn (15-10)

now:
1 Virginia
2 Ohio State University
3 Tennessee
4 Southern California
5 Texas
6 Florida
7 Stanford University
8 University
9 UCLA
10 Kentucky
11 Baylor
12 Texas A&M
13 Texas Tech
14 Louisville
15 Illinois
16 Mississippi
17 California
18 Virginia Tech
19 Oklahoma
20 North Carolina
21 Washington
22 Florida State
23 Pepperdine
24 Wake Forest
25 Georgia Tech
26 Michigan
27 Duke
28 Fresno State
29 Denver
30 Wisconsin

Bolded are the teams from non major conferences
10 in 2000
3 in 2010

This is a somewhat worrying trend, based on all the money that major conference teams get from the BCS nowadays.

Ozone
04-05-2010, 10:51 PM
I can't put pics in my signature, but I will try to get some other people to come in and post as well. Even if they aren't already on this site.

The Carleton battle would be intense and I agree about giving Reid the edge there.

I have a question about the rankings if you know. What rank do you need to be in order to make the NCAA tournament? It's not just strictly the top 64 because you have to factor in conference champions.

In the tourney, the 34 D-1 conferences get an automatic bid. That leaves 30 at-large spots. Keep in mind that about 8 of those conference champs are already in the top 30.

So teams in the top 38 should be locked to get in. Maybe top 40, 42, 36. Depends on how good the leaders of the small conferences are.

Ozone
04-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Duke vs Wake is going to be insane. It's fan day! BBQ ad t-shirts and drinks:D

You have a facebook Jeff? You need to come to Winston-Salem wednesday

Ozone
04-06-2010, 06:12 PM
IT's TUESDAY!!!! Which means new rankings:rocker2:

APRIL 6 RANKINGS
http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRankings/Results_Entry/LatestResults.htm

USC moves up to #3 and Tennessee goes back to #4 after USC beat Stanford and UCLA.

Wake is #18!!! Duke moves up to #20. Carolina is at #19.

out_here_grindin
04-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Duke vs Wake is going to be insane. It's fan day! BBQ ad t-shirts and drinks:D

You have a facebook Jeff? You need to come to Winston-Salem wednesday

I wish I could but there is no realistic way.

out_here_grindin
04-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Stepping aside from tennis.

Well Ozone, we both are looking for new basketball coaches huh?

out_here_grindin
04-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Duke/Wake live score tracker is insanely slow

Smoke944
04-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Hey guys :wavey:

out_here_grindin
04-08-2010, 02:54 AM
Hey Smoke, I expect Ozone will be in here soon crying over Wake's heartbreaker to Duke today.

Do you follow any particular teams,players or conferences?

Ozone
04-08-2010, 03:09 AM
So Wake is up 3-2 after dropping the doubs point. #1 Tripper Carleton and Cunha and #6 Leslie and Manchese are left playing. Leslie is looking like a loss, so it's very much on Carleton's shoulders(Zinn didnt want Trip playing his bro I guess).

So Tripper comes back from 46 24 and it is 46 76 *54. Ad-in. double fault. 2 points later, another lost mp. Loses the game. Goes to a breaker. Trip is up 5-2. 5-4. then 6-4. Cunha wins out to level the match at 3-3 and Leslie cant win another game at 6.

I hate college tennis

Ozone
04-08-2010, 03:10 AM
Stepping aside from tennis.

Well Ozone, we both are looking for new basketball coaches huh?
Yeah. I like how we are about to throw away the #8 recruiting class in the nation by Dino's firing. wtf. Purnell is a genius though:worship:

out_here_grindin
04-08-2010, 03:19 AM
So Wake is up 3-2 after dropping the doubs point. #1 Tripper Carleton and Cunha and #6 Leslie and Manchese are left playing. Leslie is looking like a loss, so it's very much on Carleton's shoulders(Zinn didnt want Trip playing his bro I guess).

So Tripper comes back from 46 24 and it is 46 76 *54. Ad-in. double fault. 2 points later, another lost mp. Loses the game. Goes to a breaker. Trip is up 5-2. 5-4. then 6-4. Cunha wins out to level the match at 3-3 and Leslie cant win another game at 6.

I hate college tennis

how did 6 finish after the epic at court 1? Just slow as hell play?

Ozone
04-08-2010, 03:23 AM
Only 5 courts.

Wake should have about 2 loses. Maybe 3. Up 5-1 in the thrid set against GT-loss
LSU up 2-0 and in control of5/6 singles matches-loss
3-4 loss to UK
3-4 loss to UT

more frustrating than a legless ethiopian in the desert watching a 10-pound doughnut roll down a hill. Ozone-out

El Dorito
04-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey guys I am a big college tennis fan. I can hardly find anywhere to talk about college tennis, I saw this thread while surfing the boards before joining.

I see a lot of talk about the ACC and SEC, but we all know when it comes to crunch time those teams will choke. Even UVA. They got blasted by So.Cal last year. The Pac-10 teams just know how to win in the big moments and I don't expect anything less this year. When these pretenders like Tennessee and Ohio State realize what they are playing for.

Ozone
04-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Welcome El Dorito!!! So glad to have you here:bowdown:

I agree with you somewhat.The pac-10 is really incredible in the tournament. I think Florida, Texas, and Wake may make a name for themself in the tourney outside the pac-10.

About wake's loss yesterday, Im really not that torn about it. just sad for the team. I dont think Wake's fate in the tourney will be affected by being ranked 10th or 20th. All the loss means is maybe no host for regionals

out_here_grindin
04-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Well the Pac 10 does own many of the national titles.

Ozone
04-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Sup Jeff? How's life? What year you in at CU?

out_here_grindin
04-09-2010, 04:00 PM
I am a Sophmore at Clemson (I am 20, not sure why my age appears as 22).

Big 12 results from midweek:

21 Oklahoma def. 47 Oklahoma State 6-1
12 Texas A&M def. 9 Baylor 6-1 - Big win for the Aggies. Very impressive performance.

out_here_grindin
04-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Big ACC games today

picks
Clemson at UNC: 1-6
Wake at VT: 5-2
NC State at Virginia: 1-6
Miami at Maryland: 5-2

Ozone
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I dont think State can get a point of UVA. Such a big weekend for Wake. We should be able to beat VT and I really believe we can beat Virginia. We match up well against them- Forman and Tripper can beat Shabaz and Singh or vice versa. There really is nobody that can beat Tripper and Stevo. It takes 3 sets almost all of the time. If we can beat UVA one time(because at best we will play them again in the tourney) then we should be a lock to host regionals (top 16 team).

out_here_grindin
04-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Clemson loses 5-2 to UNC. Good effort could have easilt been 4-3. We showed the strenght of our lower part of the line-ep but once gaian the big weakness of the team is the top players. They just don't compare with the other teams top players. I thought Bizjak might be back for this one, but no.

Ozone
04-10-2010, 03:21 AM
:lol: Wake. Losing to VT. wow. haha. I thought this may be our year, but we lack chemistry. That's all really. Now me will probably draw Georgia or Texas A&M or Florida in the tournament

out_here_grindin
04-10-2010, 03:30 AM
Clemson has good chemistry. That's our best strength but talent is lesser.

I was surprised at some of the scores of Wake vs VT. Somen beat Carelton handidly. Wake may have had a letdown from the heartbreaker to Duke, expect a betetr effort vs UVA.

Also South Carolina was 2 points away from beating Georgia:eek:

Ozone
04-10-2010, 03:34 AM
Georgia chokes like no other team. Besides UVA

out_here_grindin
04-10-2010, 03:37 AM
But they did win. Plus one of USC's points came from a retirement at 1-1 in 1st set.

Miami def Maryland 6-1
UVA def NC State 7-0

Ozone
04-10-2010, 03:41 AM
Nice job Wolfpack. Lull UVA to sleep so Wake can go get em. Gah Wake really needs that one. Badly. Im not trippin though. I think we will do just as well in the post-season than if we did win all these close matches. Whatever

out_here_grindin
04-10-2010, 03:44 AM
As you said it will be much harder to win away at a team like Baylor,Kentucky or Florida.

Ozone
04-10-2010, 03:55 AM
Word. Hey dude what is your major??

out_here_grindin
04-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Sport Management with a minor in business. Although I'm thinking of also doing some history

out_here_grindin
04-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Duke def GT in a 4-3 war.

The ACC is so even right now. UVA is #1 but there are 6 teams that are 17-25. That is sick depth and balance.

out_here_grindin
04-11-2010, 02:32 PM
#5 Texas 4, #9 Baylor 3

Doubles to Texas

1: 19 Lukacs def 10 Kutrovsky 6-2 3-6 7-5
2: 18 Corrie def 32 Rux 6-2 6-3
3: 82 Damico def 109 Bucko 6-1 6-3
4: Maytin def Andersen 4-6 6-4 6-3
5: Mueller def 81 Zavala 6-4 7-6(2)
6: Mladenov def Bley 3-6 6-2 6-4

They key was Texas's domination in positions 2 and 3. Big win for Texas and Baylor starts 0-2 in Big 12 for 1st time since 1997.

out_here_grindin
04-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Duke def Clemson 5-2

Borachinskiy got a nice 6-3 6-4 win over #87 Arnould. Galloway had a gutty triple tiebreak win over Wietoksa.

The rest of the match was a bunch of routs for Duke

Smoke944
04-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Hey Smoke, I expect Ozone will be in here soon crying over Wake's heartbreaker to Duke today.

Do you follow any particular teams,players or conferences?

The Big 10 is my favorite conference, but I'd say I've been following the Pac-10 the closest this year. I've also been following the ACC and SEC a bit.

out_here_grindin
04-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I try to follow all conferences but because I see Clemson play in person a lot, I know the ACC the best, SEC 2nd.

UNC 5, GT 2- Good result for the Heels

UVA 6, Wake 1 - UVA flexes their muscles, but really this is all decoration for them. The real question is, can they avoid choking in the NCAA's again?

out_here_grindin
04-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Arizona def. UCLA 4-3

First EVER win over the Bruins in 75 tries. Wow

Ozone
04-13-2010, 12:35 AM
Very disappointed with my Deacons this week. It looks like we got a very average bball coach too.. A lot of singles matches were close, if that's something to be happy about.

I will give updates on the pac-10 and SEC later.

New rankings out tomorrow:eek: I hope Wake is still in the top 30

out_here_grindin
04-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Should be in top 30. 3 losses but all to very highly ranked teams. The Deacs have the 2 guarantee wins before the Tournament. Meanwhile Clemson must stare down VT and UVA at home this weekend, I am clearing my schedule to see every second of both matches.

out_here_grindin
04-14-2010, 01:33 AM
new rankings out for team and singles

out_here_grindin
04-14-2010, 01:47 AM
Duke eeks out a 4-3 win over UNC. #3 Cunha came from behind to beat Donato and Carleton clinched it in a 3rd set tiebreak.

ACC is so competitive from teams 2-7

out_here_grindin
04-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Signing day is today.

Bad news: FSU picks up blue-chip recruit Blake Davis out of Austin,Texas. That will just make them better

out_here_grindin
04-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Clemson has a big big match vs Virginia Tech tomorrow. We need to win in order to keep NCAa tournament hopes alive. I hear Bizjak will be back which is huge. At home so it is a very possible win. But it will be tough

Ozone
04-16-2010, 12:43 AM
The Demon Deacs only backed up 5 spots:woohoo:

No we can relax with our 2-game homestand vs Maryland and BC:yeah:

Good luck against VT.

Our recruiting class doesnt look too hot either. Actually our women's team may get Mel Oudin's sister but our guys class doesnt look great. But last year's class cancels it out:)

Sorry for my lack of posting lately. Been busy with HS tennis. I will get updated on the pac-10 and SEC before there conference tourneys:yeah:

out_here_grindin
04-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Our women's team is ranked 8th. Very solid team

Looking like our men's recruiting class sucks. I haven't seen anything about it at all.

Ozone
04-16-2010, 02:27 AM
tennisrecruiting.net is the place to go. They have everything. Check out my profile while you are there too:yeah:

out_here_grindin
04-16-2010, 02:39 AM
tennisrecruiting.net is the place to go. They have everything. Check out my profile while you are there too:yeah:

I do check there. But I see nothing for Clemson. They have no commitments for 2010

Ozone
04-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Tough luck. Maybe I'll help you guys out when I graduate haha

out_here_grindin
04-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Here's the thing. Historically which school has the most ACC titles? Clemson. Most NCAA tournament appearances in ACC? Clemson

Clemson lead UVA 41-17 in the overall series between the 2 schools. UVA only got good in the 2000's

we have the history and facilities but for some reason we cannot attract top players right now. We have decent depth but the top of our line-up is weak as hell.

Ozone
04-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Need a tissue??

out_here_grindin
04-17-2010, 03:38 AM
Oh man, this would have been such a huge huge win. Really would have helped our ranking.

the report:

Doubles:

After #1 and #2 split it all came down to a tieberak at 8 all on court #3. The Clemson team of Dettinger/Bizjak took a qucik 4-1 tiebreak lead. Then at 4-1 the VT player served a double fault but Dettinger did not call it and hit the return out to make it 4-2 Clemson. Then came the meltdown as VT won the tiebreak 7-5 and took the doubles point.

1-0 VT

Singles (by order of finish), bold means Clemson win:

pos 1: #60 Re def. DiFazio 6-1 6-0
Not even a fight from Difazio as he gets blasted off teh court

2-0 VT

pos 4: Daciek def. Borachinskiy 6-2 6-4
Borachinskiy held a 4-3 lead in the 2nd set but Daciek took it over to win in straights.

3-0 VT, 4 matches remain and Clemson must win all 4 to take the match.

pos 6: Moran def. #117 Jacques 6-3 6-4
Overall a strong match from Moran to beat a ranked player

3-1 VT, here's where things get intense

pos 3: Alvarez def. Degl' Incerti Tocci 6-2 2-6 6-4
Wild match. Alvarez led 5-1 in 3rd set and when most of the attention was going towards Bizjak's match(next) Alvarez began to melt down. VT player with crazy name won 3 straight games to make it 5-4. Then Alvarez stepped it up to take the match.

3-2 VT

pos 5: Bizjak def. Beck 6-1 2-6 6-4
His first match back from injury, Bizjak rallies from 4-1 down in 3rd set to take the match. Amazing atmoshpere over at these 2 matches going on side by side. As Bizjak stormed back Alvarez was collapsing, but both won.

3-3, after Bizjak closes out his opponent everyone celebrates but qucikly an eerie quiet comes acroos everyone as they make there way over to court #2.

pos 2: #66 Somen def Galloway 2-6 6-2 6-2
Galloway was in control early, the turning point came at 1-1 in 2nd set. Somen won an epic 17 deuce game. I am fully confident that if Galloway had won that single game who would have gone on to cruise to an easy 2 set win. But as the match was on the line at 3-3, Galloway wins game one of 3rd set. At this point I am very confident that Galloway will win, since he has been our most consistent player all year. But Somen dug deep and played lights out. With the roars of the Hokie team bhind him Somen closes out Galloway in impressive fashion and in doing so plunges a dagger in Clemson's tournament hopes.

#21 VT 4, #44 Clemson 3

out_here_grindin
04-17-2010, 03:42 AM
Also Miami shocks #14 Duke 4-3 :eek::eek:

Ozone
04-17-2010, 03:49 AM
Wow, great college match you saw there. Tough luck. I know how stuff like that feels, even though it was nowhere near what I have gone through:P

Yeah Duke is an odd team. But still surprising.

Ozone
04-17-2010, 03:51 AM
Wow Wake beat BC 5-2. We played #104 Atkinson (usually plays 4) at #1 and he lost 10-6 in a 3rd set breaker. #42 Tripper lost 67 16 at #2???

out_here_grindin
04-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Wow Wake beat BC 5-2. We played #104 Atkinson (usually plays 4) at #1 and he lost 10-6 in a 3rd set breaker. #42 Tripper lost 67 16 at #2???

Muppidi is a good player, not sure why he isn't BC's #1 player. Forman didn't play? Why was Atkinson above Carleton?

Ozone
04-17-2010, 04:04 AM
Pac-10

#4 USC 5-0
#7 Stanford 4-1
#13 Cal 3-2
#12 UCLA 3-2
#28 Arizona 2-4
#24 Washington 2-4
Oregon 0-5

Big matchup tomorrow: #7 Stanford @ #13 California

SEC

#2 Tennessee 10-0
#10 Georgia 9-1
#6 Florida 7-1
#8 Kentucky 7-3
#31 Vanderbilt 5-4
#18 Mississippi 4-4
#29 Alabama 5-6
#39 Auburn 4-6
#55 LSU 2-8
#49 Miss State 2-7
#62 Arkansas 1-7
#45 South Carolina 1-9

Last friday, Tennessee won AT #6 Florida 4-3. Florida defeated #10 Georgia 5-2.

Ozone
04-17-2010, 04:06 AM
Muppidi is a good player, not sure why he isn't BC's #1 player. Forman didn't play? Why was Atkinson above Carleton?
I guess Coach Zinn wanted to beef up Atko. No need to play Forman, really. It is a conference match though and you shouldnt take chances like that but whatever. Leslie played #4 instead of 6.

out_here_grindin
04-17-2010, 04:10 AM
19 UNC def 27 FSU 4-3

The ACC tournament should be fun with all these very evenly matched teams. Even the bottom teams can produce, shown by Miami's upset of Duke and Clemson taking VT to the wire.

Ozone
04-17-2010, 04:18 AM
Word. Im excited. You gonna try to go??

out_here_grindin
04-17-2010, 04:23 AM
It's the weekend right before exams unfortunately.

Ozone
04-17-2010, 04:25 AM
Ouch. There is a chance that I may go. Next year I can drive so I might make the trip. Oh and btw, I might be playing at a big tourney at Clemson May 1 weekend.

out_here_grindin
04-17-2010, 04:28 AM
Really? Where is it being held in Clemson? I don't know of any big tournaments there.

If Clemson makes the NCAA tournament I may go to wherever they put us, like at UGA or something. It would also be sweet to head down to Athens for the NCAA final 16 this year. I have never been to the Dawg Pound before, where the Bryan brothers say they were scared to hit the ball.

Ozone
04-17-2010, 04:35 AM
Junior tourney. It says it's being held in Greer, SC at Clemson University.

Anyways, I am so glad UGA is hosting the NCAA tourney this year. They are so good. I remember I watched Todd Paul/Mariusz Adamski's run to the doubles semis. I also watched Wake vs. Virginia in Wake's first sweet 16 appearance ever(ya know, when Hamar beat Young like, 11-9 in the 3rd set breaker in the most crucial tiebreaker in college tennis history). All 6 courts are streamed, with scoreboards. The crowd does get really crazy. Todd and Mariusz beat Isner/Rettenmaier in the quarters in front of the crowd! It was amazing. I watched that one. In Wake's sweet 16 match, Todd played Somdev Devvarmann for about the 3rd time that year. Todd tried to beat him so hard and he finally won the 1st set in a breaker at 13-11 and jumped and fist pumped like crazy. It was sick. Great memories.

out_here_grindin
04-17-2010, 04:39 AM
That was Wake's 1st ever appearence? That was our last very good team(how I miss Jarmaine Jenkins), our best was in 2004 when we made the Elite 8 after going into the tournament ranked 36. We have 12 final 16 appearences in history with 7 elite 8's. Unfortunatley when we were great in the 80's we could never get past Stanford or UCLA.

Also wasn't 2007 the year than Clement Riex of Clemson made a suprising run to the quarterfinals in singles?

Last year in college station they also had all courts streamed as well.
UGA is not an elite team this year but the crowd could make them very dangerous.

also Greer is not really that close to Clemson