Interview in BA [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Interview in BA

boliviana
08-26-2004, 11:04 PM
This was on his message board. Goodness, I miss this idiot. You would think I had no life . . . I am going to the USO on Monday and it just won't feel right. :sad:

LOU News News 2004-08-26 14:17 PM
.................................................. .................................................
EXTRA EXTRA: News:

Back in Venado Tuerto, Santa Fe, Argentina, Guille gave an interview to the newspaper La Naciůn and these are the highlights:

Now Iím thinking of Pekin 2008. Not being in Athens was the worst for me.

He was in USA and the Caribean, resting. In a week heíll be back in Barcelona for rehab.

I know that in the future Iíll have to have a good preparation cuz Iíve a genetically tendency to have injuries in the abdominals, in the shoulder and in the legs. Plus I donít eat much. Maybe Iíll have to change some things; cuz if I need calcium or iron Iíll have to have supplements. Maybe Iíll have to test everything 2 or 3 times before having it, cuz I have to take care of my career tooÖ

The doctor thinks that perhaps Iíll reach Paris or the Master, but if I donít feel 100% I wonít. If I feel I can, Iíll take my chances even thou they kill me. And he also told me about searching surfaces, thatís a thing I have to be cautious about in the futureÖ

I was dreaming w/ the Olympic Games. I was playing doubles w/ Nalbandian like we did in juniors. There were a lot of dreamsÖ

It did upset me what some people said (that we were only worried for our personal careers and not for representing our country)Ö People donít know: I play tennis for glory. I want Roland Garros, the Davis Cup, the Nį 1 and a medal. In tennis there is a lot of money involved. But if u think of money in a match, youíll loose (Ö) When Iím here in Venado Tuerto sometimes I meet boys that were playing w/ me and couldnít make it, so they teachÖ do u think I donít see that? Itís great when the sport u do grows. When u represent your country and win, the sport u do growsÖ

The injury itís not my fault. I want to represent my country.

2005 goal? To win a Grand Slam, reach Nį 1, to win the Davis CupÖ the same as always.

One of my future plans is discover kids w/ potential, make them develop that talent, and help them get into the circuit. The project is w/ local trainers, doctors, nutritionists, physiologists. And we want to do tournaments w/ awards that will allow them to win tickets and accommodation to compete abroad.

In these 2 weeks I realized of all Iíve achieved in these 4 years as pro. It all went fast. Before, when I watched the Master Series, I dreamt of my name there and I achieved that. I dreamt of defeating Agassi, and I achieved that too. I wanted to win Buenos Aires and I did it. I always want more. I have to believe in myself and go on. Iím young and I know that if I work, Iíll make it.

|-Safin_Coria-|
08-26-2004, 11:47 PM
aww thanx so much Boliviana!
I'm going to US Open on Monday as well!
I'm still wishing Guille would be there :sobbing:

mordicus18
08-27-2004, 11:04 AM
so cooooooooool !

my fav sentences : :lol:

"I know that in the future Iíll have to have a good preparation cuz Iíve a genetically tendency to have injuries in the abdominals, in the shoulder and in the legs." :lol:

"People donít know: I play tennis for glory. I want Roland Garros, the Davis Cup, the Nį 1 and a medal." :confused:

"2005 goal? To win a Grand Slam, reach Nį 1, to win the Davis CupÖ the same as always." :haha: ask santa claus

"In these 2 weeks I realized of all Iíve achieved in these 4 years as pro. It all went fast. Before, when I watched the Master Series, I dreamt of my name there and I achieved that. I dreamt of defeating Agassi, and I achieved that too. I wanted to win Buenos Aires and I did it. I always want more. I have to believe in myself and go on. Iím young and I know that if I work, Iíll make it." :rolleyes: he's a little bit boastful

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

fabolous
08-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Iíve a genetically tendency to have injuries in the abdominals, in the shoulder and in the legs.

with other words: he has injuries everywhere. poor guille!

I want Roland Garros, the Davis Cup, the Nį 1 and a medal.

yes, that's what i want, too.

mordicus18
08-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by mordicus18

Iíve a genetically tendency to have injuries in the abdominals, in the shoulder and in the legs.

with other words: he has injuries everywhere. poor guille!
with other words : he's got humour too :haha:

Guille's Girl
08-27-2004, 09:02 PM
One of my future plans is discover kids w/ potential, make them develop that talent, and help them get into the circuit. The project is w/ local trainers, doctors, nutritionists, physiologists. And we want to do tournaments w/ awards that will allow them to win tickets and accommodation to compete abroad.

:rocker2: A scout! :banana: very stellar :yeah:

mordicus18
08-27-2004, 09:08 PM
:rocker2: A scout! :banana: very stellar :yeah:
OMG noooo ! not him ! in my new school there are a lot of scouts... it's like an alien invasion :scared:

Guille's Girl
08-27-2004, 09:46 PM
:eek: What do they do around there eh?

mordicus18
08-27-2004, 09:54 PM
good actions :devil:

boliviana
08-29-2004, 04:37 PM
he's a little bit boastful

It's hard to tell how much of his interview and stated goals are 1) boastful/arrogant; 2) youthful exuberance (translation: immaturity); 3) delusions of grandeur. Personally I go with # 2 . . . he is a boy in many ways. He needs to grow up a bit.

And I'm sorry - genetic disposition towards how many injuries? Spare me. I can't tell if he is making excuses, whining about it all or . . .

Guille's Girl
08-29-2004, 04:44 PM
And I'm sorry - genetic disposition towards how many injuries? Spare me. I can't tell if he is making excuses, whining about it all or . . .

Always gotta be something wrong about him eh? Y'all wreck my damn nerves. Get over it. You don't have to root for him if you don't want to, if you have a problem with him. Root for Federer! There apparently isn't anything wrong with or about him.

mordicus18
08-29-2004, 05:03 PM
ho ho ho GG seems to be a little bit angry... :rolleyes:

Guille's Girl
08-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Angry? Takes alot for that (http://xsao.net/Music/xsao.cgi?song=0/25635/29208_1_2) deary :angel:

daze11
08-31-2004, 01:57 AM
hey all,
theres a very good interview with guillermo vilas at the tennisweek.com site; he seems amazingly cool actually. but he does talk a bit about coria and what he said to him during the post-match presentation of the roland garros final.
http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=11383&bannerregion=
or just...
http://www.tennisweek.com.

boliviana
08-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Always gotta be something wrong about him eh? Y'all wreck my damn nerves. Get over it. You don't have to root for him if you don't want to, if you have a problem with him. Root for Federer! There apparently isn't anything wrong with or about him.

For the record Coria is the one who comes up with the excuses, not me. His statement was ridiculous. Perhaps it's a poor translation and in fact he has problems with cartilage or connective tissue, genetic or not. Whatever. I can root for him, wish him all the best and still comment that his whining is annoying. As for Federer or any of the others, there is lots wrong with all them. Don't fall into Coria's trap and get as defensive as he is about everything.

fabolous
08-31-2004, 06:19 PM
keep cool guys. and don't start to root for federer.

mordicus18
08-31-2004, 10:45 PM
yeah fabolous I agreeeeeeeeeeeeee :banana: :crazy:

Guille's Girl
08-31-2004, 11:04 PM
For the record Coria is the one who comes up with the excuses, not me. His statement was ridiculous. Perhaps it's a poor translation and in fact he has problems with cartilage or connective tissue, genetic or not. Whatever. I can root for him, wish him all the best and still comment that his whining is annoying. As for Federer or any of the others, there is lots wrong with all them. Don't fall into Coria's trap and get as defensive as he is about everything.

*GG chuckles to herself and shakes her head* Vamos Guillermo :banana: