~RaFa @ the USO!~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

~RaFa @ the USO!~

~EMiLiTA~
08-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Well the singles draw's out now guys and Rafa plays against James Blake in the first round...he should be able to beat him considering James has been plagued by injury problems the whole year and is lacking in match practice etc. The only problem is that his second round opponent would more than likely be...RODDICK :sad: :( ...but maybe Rafa can stage an upset?! Anyway, won't look too much beyond that at the moment, but let's hope he can do reaaally well at this tourney and get his ranking up to where it belongs. Not sure if he's playing doubles because the draw isn't out yet...

VaMoS RaFa!!! :cool: :)

Björki
08-26-2004, 12:50 PM
VAMOS RAFA :woohoo:

crimson
08-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Good luck to Rafael. :) James Blake has now withdrawn so I'm not sure who Rafael's opponent will be in the first round. Very tough second round draw though. :sad: Still, win or lose he is still only 18 and there is plenty of time, this will all be valuable experience for him in playing in the Grand Slams. :)

gogo_guga
08-28-2004, 03:48 PM
I would love to see Rafa kick Roddick's butt back to Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~EMiLiTA~
08-28-2004, 04:11 PM
hehehe well it's possible if Rafa plays well!!

loeliepoelie
08-28-2004, 06:52 PM
I really doubt Rafa will beat Roddick, coming back from injury etc. But if he does there is a delicious 4th round possibility: Marat - Rafa!!! Now that's gonna be a great match!

The good thing about playing Roddick, is that TV will def show him!!! Vamos Rafa!

~EMiLiTA~
08-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Just in case you guys haven't seen the ammended draw, Rafa now plays Ivo Heuberger of Switzerland in the first round, as James Blake withdrew. I don't anticipate him to have too many probs against Ivo...so Rafa v Roddick here we come!!!

~EMiLiTA~
09-01-2004, 01:48 PM
yay! Rafa won...but in 5 tough sets...and now he plays...RODDICK :sad: :banghead: I just hope he's not too tired because Andy had an easy match and Rafa's was pretty long, plus he's playing a late doubles match today...fingers crossed he's ok

joeb_uk
09-01-2004, 02:24 PM
its a shame that this will be a night match 100% sure. i would like to have been able to watch the full match, but i dont really want to stay up till 5 am or so watching the match, ill watch the highlights after.
good luck nadal! i hope you can beat the duck

lizabeth..*
09-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Yay for it being a night match...it will be on @ 9am my time...but dang there goes my sleep in!

Buena suerte Rafa!! :banana:

kandykane
09-03-2004, 03:02 PM
i really hope he wins....
:banana: vamos Rafa

iloveguille
09-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Can't wait to see the match...Vamos Rafa!! Since Guille stopped playing because of his shoulder injury and operation, you're my next favorite player, Rafa! I know you'll be great. You can beat Roddick!

gogo_guga
09-04-2004, 04:16 AM
Shoot!! Rafael just got his butt kicked back to Mallorca by Roddick :(
Areas that needs improvement in Rafa's game:
1) Serve - amazing 1st serve percentage (82%), however it is quite harmless (0 aces)
2) Emotions - over excited at times, and too overwhelmed at others, he needs to find a midpoint between those two so that he can win the big points
3) Overheads - missed two tonight!!!! PROS DO NOT MISS OVERHEADS!!!!!!!!

gogo_guga
09-04-2004, 04:18 AM
I'm quite disappointed, I had never seen Rafa so vulnerable

iloveguille
09-04-2004, 04:34 AM
Same here...heart breaking to watch. Thought I would see something similar to the match he played with Federer earlier this year...Anyway, love him just the same!

Chloe le Bopper
09-04-2004, 04:37 AM
Nadal is definately still a work in progress. That is why matches like this are good for him in a way. Getting put in his place will make him and his team reevaluation and work on different things. So... let's look on the bright side :)

~EMiLiTA~
09-04-2004, 12:17 PM
yes, I agree Rebecca...although score-wise it was a pretty bad loss for Rafa, I think it was very beneficial for him in the long run...he has a lot of time and, providing he stays healthy, he will have a very successful career!!

gogo_guga
09-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Positives in Rafa's loss:
* He is definitely way better than Roddick was at 18
* He is a fast learner and will take a lot from this match in terms of what level he needs to be in to get to the top
* He dictated a lot of the points which shows that he has the potential to be up there
* He is a very very creative shot maker and therefore is able to keep his oponent on his toes because they know that Rafa might just hit a screaming, unexpected winner (Roddick's winners on the other hand are more generic)
* He lost due to lack of exeprience and maturity (went for too much at times, and made unforced errors at crucial others), and most certainly not lack of game
* He fought hard (when he wasn't too busy feeling overwhelmed with the circumstances)
Negatives:
* I don't think that he lived up to his own expectations as he looked pretty disappointed when he went to shake hands with Roddick
* Maybe it was the media's hype, but I was expecting a miracle from Rafa

esta
09-04-2004, 01:22 PM
hmm...Health is quite important..
I think he is a lucky boy...only 18yrs old but has many opportunities to play match with high-ranked players such as Roger,Andy, Leyton……that would help him to make progress. I dont think andy's big serve would defeat Rafi in mental, actually Rafi could learn how to deal with these big serve. Anyway, just like ~EMiLiTA said :he will have a very successful career!

Zara
09-05-2004, 05:34 PM
hey all....new person here! :wavey:
I just wanted to say that i love the way rafael plays and hits the ball....noticed him at Chennai this year and he made a really good impression on me for both singles and doubles!!
was there when he won the doubles match with tommy robredo....good match!!
rafa will definitely be able to beat andy roddick sooner or later!!
so for now vamso nabredo!!(nadal and robredo) :)

sonia
09-05-2004, 07:07 PM
so for now vamso nabredo!!(nadal and robredo) :)

wellcome zara!!
Thanx, i didn't know the mean of nabredo!! I'm stupid :smash: hehe

gogo_guga
09-06-2004, 02:13 PM
I saw Nadal watching Lopez last night, and as always he was talking and laughing.

soso
09-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Where do you have saw Nadal watching Lopez ???

soso
09-06-2004, 08:56 PM
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :D :D

sonia
09-06-2004, 09:59 PM
thanks for pics!!! :hug:

RogiFan88
09-07-2004, 04:19 AM
the ASS TWINS rock!!!!

[so do the Madrid boys!!!]

VAMOS, ESPANA!!!!

soso
09-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Yesssssssssssssss

Zara
09-08-2004, 02:15 PM
lol yeah nabredo are very popular at vamosrafael.com !!....thanks for the pics soso !!

crimson
09-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Good luck to Rafael and Tommy Robredo in their doubles semi-final. :)

~EMiLiTA~
09-10-2004, 02:37 PM
they lost to Paes/Rikl 3-6 3-6...twas a good tournament for the chicos though

soso
09-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Hooooooooo !!! Vamos for the next time !!