US OPEN [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

US OPEN

Marine
08-25-2004, 08:51 PM
First round:

Arnaud - W.Arthurs (who threated Seb of "dwarf" in Athens :mad: ...so I guess Arnaud is "a lilliputian" :rolleyes: )
Paulo - R.Sluiter
Seb - O.Patience :mad:
Dip - f.Lopez (ohh Michelle...)
Nico - T.Robredo

michelleg
08-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Marine, I guess you can already understand my excitement.... I'll be there with camera in hand, but am really really really on cloud nine over the Dip-Feli match.

By the way, I'm cheering for Dip.

Via
08-26-2004, 01:10 AM
wayne couldn't be that rude ?????

anyway if arnaud has a problem at all with that match, he should retire before arthurs..... :awww:

michelle - please don't forget the other nono!!!

michelleg
08-26-2004, 02:52 AM
Ok even though the other one is much nicer to me and lets me touch his hair without scowling...

Promise to go cheer for the little Nono, as long as he's not playing at the same time as Dip and Feli. That's too beautiful of a court to even dream of leaving.

Speaking of which, I have to find my way to the Olivier-Seb match, too. Damn, all those boys are in the bottom half of the draw!

esther
08-26-2004, 11:01 AM
seb doesnt have too bad a quarter...and losing hope for arnaud are we via? ;)

Via
08-27-2004, 12:40 AM
seb doesnt have too bad a quarter...and losing hope for arnaud are we via? ;)

well yeah not to mention, where are all those plans for an arnaud website :p

yeah michelle... even without the difference in the two nonos, i can imagine the difficulty of tearing away from a lopez, to go and watch an arthurs.... of course if the two matches are played at the same time, you'll be excused! but i suppose you can catch le petit during other times anyway..

Marine
08-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Arnaud at practice, not at his advantage... :lol:

http://tennis.info/images/US4/02Sat/Clement3132.jpg
http://tennis.info/images/US4/02Sat/Clement3105.jpg

Via
08-30-2004, 12:32 AM
:lol:

you can't say he isn't sweating at training

camille is playing monday so there's a good chance to catch nono (court 11, 3rd match vs daniela hantuchova)

esther
08-30-2004, 11:49 AM
LOL
those pics are so wrong

lizabeth..*
08-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Mmm mmm hello Arnaud :kiss:

Peta Pan
08-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Jerome v Labadze... ok, not much hope, but I can cheer all the same :p
Julien v Kohlschreiber... I've never heard of Kohlschreiber so I hope he can win.

I'm very worried again about Seb having to play a fellow Frenchman. I wish this would stop happening!!!

irishface
08-31-2004, 12:23 AM
LOL-ing at the pics. D'ya think he heard us talking about his pretty lacoste ad and how he's like Ah-na K now? Trying to make himself all icky? ;) Anybody see him at Milly's match?

Marine, did Wayne say that? :eek: Bastard.

PJ girl, is that Michael on your avatar?

Via
08-31-2004, 02:04 AM
Court 10 11.00 AM Start

3. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Wayne Arthurs (AUS)
vs. Arnaud Clement (FRA)

here in oz channel 9 showed alicia molik on a small outside court last night... so there's a good chance that they'll feature ARTHURS tonight in the small hours... hehe it's been a long while since arnaud has graced our national tv.

Marine
08-31-2004, 06:42 AM
PAULO WON !!!!!!! 6/2 7/6 7/6 !!!I'm so proud !! :banana: :kiss:

And Santoro finished (again) old Todd Martin, who annonced it was his last match, he retires definitly) (santoro has finished chang in RG...)

Marine
08-31-2004, 07:19 AM
Doubles: so weird....

Seb plays with Paulo and Arnaud with Carraz :eek: :confused:

Peta Pan
08-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Marine, did Wayne say that? :eek: Bastard.
What was it? "He serves pretty good for a dwarf" or something along those lines. Cruel.... but pretty funny really hehe.

PJ girl, is that Michael on your avatar?
Yes, it is Michael Phelps.... sorry all, I've ditched Seb for the time being :p

What's more I've started perving on boys 7 years my junior :eek:

:)Peta

Via
09-01-2004, 12:33 AM
nono and arthurs are playing now!!!! 4th set, nono leading 5-3.....

Via
09-01-2004, 12:34 AM
arnaud won!!!! 64 67 63 63

Via
09-01-2004, 12:41 AM
What was it? "He serves pretty good for a dwarf" or something along those lines. Cruel.... but pretty funny really hehe.

Yes, it is Michael Phelps.... sorry all, I've ditched Seb for the time being :p

What's more I've started perving on boys 7 years my junior :eek:

:)Peta

well then i hope that wayne meant it as a joke, and he would say the same to seb's face.

7 years.... is nothing... wait till it gets 10+ ;)

tommy_girl
09-01-2004, 01:37 AM
:clap2: :clap2: Arnaud! :clap2: :clap2:

Marine
09-01-2004, 06:38 AM
"Je ne suis pas simplement content parce que j'ai remporté mon premier match en Grand Chelem de l'année, je suis satisfait parce que j'accède au deuxième tour de l'US Open et que j'ai envie de bien faire ici. Je sens que j'en ai les moyens", a dit Arnaud Clément.

"C'est une étape importante, surtout en prenant du recul par rapport à ma saison. Au prochain match, je joue Tommy Robredo (n°18). Il fait tout bien, c'est un guerrier mais ce n'est pas un martien." :lol:

I saw the first set he played well, returned very well and was cute in all orange (short+shirt+yellow bandana+tanned face) but I was too tired to follow the end of thematch. Well done Arnaid, first victory in grand slam ! Cool !!

Via
09-02-2004, 12:57 AM
yes i saw him play arthurs in our news last night... the reporter compared his shirt colour to the sunset of manhattan....lol

arnaud kicks off the doubles tonight, while PHM will play taylor dent in the singles.

esther
09-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Seb and Paulo lost in doubles :(

lizabeth..*
09-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Argh!

Paulo v Dent...the match that should have been played @ the AO...but wasn't. Although I still attended as Fernando kindly relieved Paulo of his duties that day....I really wish I could believe that Paulo could do it today...and I'm hoping he will suprise me...but alas...I fear this match.

*shakes fist @ Paulo & Seb losing doubles*

sphaerena
09-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Yes he could do this! :D I think eh really can!:d
well we will see....:p

michelleg
09-02-2004, 11:08 PM
OK, I'm hoooooooommmmee! Long story, but suffices to say that it is impossible to find a replacement DMZ battery in NYC without waiting a week for special order, so NO PHOTIES, :(

Nono looked great, was actually smiling for once. Didn't get to the match as an emergency arose at home and had to leave early. Got to see him practice twice.

I'm still swooning over Olivier Patience, as he was practicing shirtless, but due to my unfettered adoration of Nono, ditched that wonderfully beautiful sight to watch Nono and Dip practice together. (ahhhh but the question would be which Nono, lol)

Too much to tell, but it was a swell time even though I had to leave early.

AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE POUF!!!!!!

Via
09-03-2004, 01:40 AM
clement nono will play robredo 1st up @ court 11 on friday.

seb will play haas on armstrong at the same time.

none of these matches seem very secure. esp of course arnaud's meeting with le martien ;)

Via
09-03-2004, 01:47 AM
no piccies michelle??????????? :bigcry:

carraz/clement, llodra/santoro have also lost in doubles too .... no luck for les frenchies at all

Via
09-03-2004, 01:48 AM
paulo is up 2 sets to 1 right now...........

lizabeth..*
09-03-2004, 03:46 AM
PAULO WON!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana:

Mon cheri....he is back!!!!!!! :yippee:

Ahhh you can blame Fer and Feli for the exit of Mika and Fab...seriously thought the Frenchies would kill my boys....needless to say....I was suprised!!

AAAALLLEEEEZZZ PAAAAUUULLLOOO!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

lizabeth..*
09-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Some photos.... :)

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040903/all/l1215810.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040903/all/l1215807.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040903/all/l1215848.jpg

lizabeth..*
09-03-2004, 04:30 AM
one more!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040903/capt.xnyf24709030154.u_s_open_xnyf247.jpg

Marine
09-03-2004, 05:38 AM
Paul-Henri Mathieu FRA 6 6 6 7

Taylor Dent USA (21) 7 4 3 6 :yippee: :yippee:

Via
09-03-2004, 09:02 AM
that last one looks like hewitt........

:p

lizabeth..*
09-03-2004, 01:26 PM
OMG it does Via....Whhhyyy did you have to point that out???!!!
Paulo is tainted forever now! :sad:

:lol:

Marine
09-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Thank you Liz for pics !

Via
09-04-2004, 01:15 AM
Arnaud Clement FRA 0 3 3 6 4

Tommy Robredo ESP (18) 0 6 6 3 6

:bigcry:

Via
09-04-2004, 01:23 AM
seb also lost in 4 sets to haas. now the two passing-potes are both out of singles and doubles after two rounds. it hasn't happened too often in the last few years, at the grand slams.

there must be a big pool of tears at the french camp :sad:

Via
09-04-2004, 01:28 AM
it's now up to "c'mon!!" paulo to uphold the french pride... ;)

wait a minute, santoro and llodra are still in the singles draw...........

Peta Pan
09-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Ok, I just discovered Paul-Henri when I put the TV on and saw this really cute guy playing. I didn't know who it was so imagine my delight when I realised he was French - and someone I've heard so much about on here :)

Sargisian just beat him 46 46 64 62 76 :(
I am so upset with the linesman, he made a wrong linecall to put Sargsian up 6-5 in the final set tiebreak... practically handed him the match :mad:

Santoro out too now, beaten by Federer... so just Llodra left now.

Marine
09-05-2004, 07:38 AM
Paulo Paulo Paulo.... :rolleyes: :sad:
Again a match lost in 5 sets after winning the 2 first ones...it reminds me crually something. I saw the second set, and I was too tired to see the end, but I thought he was going to win in 3 sets, because my commentators said Sargian had played a tough match in 5 sets before and he was old, 32, so that he could resist again for a marathon match...ehh yes... :mad:

I just hope Paulo won't think to DC final, otherwise... :sad:
Forget is in New York and I know he follows Paulo, he said he has his chance like the others for Spain/France selection, so I'm not sure it will put him at ease with this new loss

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040905/all/l1217664.jpg http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_mathieu_d06.jpg

misyou25
09-05-2004, 12:24 PM
what a match. i stayed awake, hoping mathieu to win (strange). was a great match even after 4 hours...

michelleg
09-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Don't forget Benneteau and Mahut, as they beat the twit twins last night!!!!!

Marine
09-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Not touched by the hurrycane this time Michelle ?

Paulo's reaction:
"Je suis évidemment déçu d'avoir perdu, a déclaré Paul-Henri Mathieu. Ca ne s'est pas joué à grand-chose. Ces matches-là, il faut toujours un vainqueur et un perdant. Je savais qu'il sortait d'un match de cinq heures, mais il s'est bien bagarré. Je crois que ça l'a relâché d'être fatigué.
"A 5-5, il y a ce long jeu, je ne sais pas si je mérite de le gagner car il a plus tenté que moi. Je me suis accroché. Ensuite, j'ai deux balles de match sur son service. Si j'avais été plus inconscient, j'aurais frappé un coup droit comme à l'entraînement. Mais il y avait de la pression. C'était une longue bagarre. Il ne faut pas avoir pas de regrets".
Absent du circuit durant le premier semestre en raison d'une blessure au poignet gauche, le Français, 88e mondial, a signé un retour plus qu'encourageant au plus haut niveau.
"Je vais essayer de retenir beaucoup de choses positives de ce tournoi, a ajouté Mathieu. Pour la suite de la saison. J'ai beaucoup de points à défendre en septembre et mon objectif est de rester dans le Top 100 à la fin de l'année. Quant à une éventuelle sélection en coupe Davis pour la demi-finale en Espagne, il faut demander à Guy Forget".

michelleg
09-05-2004, 05:15 PM
<<knocks on wood>> I think were the only city in Florida not affected! Its windy here, little bit of rain, but we're far more nervous about that other one churning out there (Ivan.) We've been far too lucky this year.

Now if I lose power before the Feli match tonight, I will FUME.

sphaerena
09-05-2004, 05:50 PM
arf...paulo..... He's so courageous! even when he lost a point he always seemed motived! I think with Llodra, he is the best feench players at the moment.... so it wouldn't be a surprised if guy choises to select him!
I'll be so glad to see him again at a davis cup's match!

Marine
09-05-2004, 06:34 PM
glad...and scared !!! The last time...such a bad memory for him, for us, for everybody, his next match in DC will be delicate. But I think it would be a good idea that Guy choices him, he had nothing to lose against The Spaniards who are archi-favorite !!! At worse he loses and it's normal, at better, he wins and là...ahhhhhhhhhhh :p LOL

Steve-o
09-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Ahh.. I think Sarge had too much experience for him.

Even though he lost I think his mental attitude is getting better and he certainly fights a lot better than a lot of the other Frenchmen, from what I've seen.

The best thing for his confidence at this point is just staying healthy.

sagroove
09-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Anyone in here have any shirtless practice pics of Nico Mahut from the US Open to post? Please do.

Via
09-06-2004, 12:55 AM
yes i agree at this time close to the DC selection.... paulo and llodra do seem like the best single bets for france. seb and arnaud seem so out of it at the moment. but it would take a courageous captain to choose them for the big occasion.

the spaniards aren't particularly in form at this time either! but DC should draw the best out of each team.

hehe.... this really should be on a DC thread ;p

Marine
09-06-2004, 05:41 AM
Sorry sagroove I don't have pics.

Yes I think Guy should try somethnig new. Nothing to lose. But even if the Spaniards are out of form, it will be on clay, and even not in form, they'll be stronger than the Frenchies.
I give 20 % to France to beat them.

Via
09-07-2004, 01:18 AM
the main advantage for the spaniards is, it's played in spain.

then again, the frenchies have proved before that they can do pretty well as underdogs!!! they'll need some big-heart fighters for the occasion.

sagroove - the only regular here who's been to us open is michelle, and she's already said that she hasn't got pics........ :shrug:

michelleg
09-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Alllleeezzz to Nico Mahut and Julien Benneteau, they won today and will be in the semis of the USO Men's Doubles!!!!!!

Anne-Claire
09-07-2004, 07:08 PM
What a great news!!

Cmon Mister benet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and nicolas mahut too of course!!

At least 2 frenchies are still in the race to make a great result in NY!!

Vi ses!!

AC

Marine
09-07-2004, 07:10 PM
You forget Amelie who's playing (is she wins the match, she's number 1...mmm un match à enjeu, je la vois bien le perdre... :rolleyes: )

Marine
09-07-2004, 08:51 PM
I was right ! Dhe's so pathetic when she plays an important match...this girl won't be able to be N°1, anyway she doesn't deserve it... :mad:

Sorry, I'm out topic.

Via
09-08-2004, 12:45 AM
amelie ... i saw a bit of that match (sleepless in sydney...) elena was coming back very strongly, i never realised she's such a shotmaker!

c'mon mahut and benet, time to take off your shirts for celebration ;)

sagroove
09-09-2004, 05:30 PM
amelie ... i saw a bit of that match (sleepless in sydney...) elena was coming back very strongly, i never realised she's such a shotmaker!

c'mon mahut and benet, time to take off your shirts for celebration ;)

I have seen Nico Mahut practicing without wearing a shirt earlier in the Spring in Florida (NASDAQ OPEN) and he has an AMAZING BODY. His abs and pecs are so WELL DEFINED. I should have taken snaps with my digital camera but with my shitty luck, the batteries were DEAD.

I am sure someone has pics of him shirtless. C'mon Nico mahut fans, post all those awesome shirtless pics of Nico Mahut.

michelleg
09-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Olivier Patience has them all beat....I've that visual permanently etched in my brain.

BTW, Nico and Benet are in a t/b in the first set!

There is a netcam for those interested at the usopen.org site :)

I'm off to pack. (We're headed to Atlanta to get away from Ivan the Terrible.)

Marine
09-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Great pics of arnaud and dip in us open on this gallery, enjoy !

http://community.webshots.com/album/184881785iOSugG

Via
09-10-2004, 12:52 AM
yeah aren't those pics great??? esp that first one when arnaud was talking to some boys(fans?) but they were distracted by a pretty woman (not camille??) :lol:

ula knows exactly where to spot players, and take pics with the friendlier ones too. :yeah: she's worthy of an mtf membership (is she?)

Via
09-10-2004, 12:53 AM
michelle, safe trip, and i wish i had that as an excuse.... hadn't been to atlanta.

Jim Jones
09-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Monfils lost in the 3rd round of U.S. juniors to a serb player. Oh well..
Go Jenkins, go Murray!

sagroove
09-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Allez Nico