Nadal to test fitness in two exhibition matches [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal to test fitness in two exhibition matches

jonathancrane
06-17-2009, 06:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=reu-mennadal&prov=reuters&type=lgns
(http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=reu-mennadal&prov=reuters&type=lgns)

MADRID, June 17 (Reuters) - World number one Rafael Nadal will test his injured knees ahead of Wimbledon by playing two exhibition singles matches on grass at the Hurlingham Club in London, organisers said on Wednesday.

The Spaniard, whose defence of his title at the All England Club is still in doubt, will play former number one Lleyton Hewitt of Australia on Thursday and Swiss Stanislas Wawrinka on Friday at the club in south west London, organisers said.

Nadal has been having treatment on his knees since pulling out of the Wimbledon warm-up event at Queen’s Club last week.

The Wimbledon championships start on Monday.

----------
"still in doubt"?????
:rolleyes:

BlueSwan
06-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Just stating the obvious here, but OBVIOUSLY Nadal wouldn't play those matches if there was ANY doubt that he would compete at Wimbledon.

MacTheKnife
06-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Good idea. He can test knees and tune up on grass. Smart move.

star
06-17-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm glad he's getting some match play. I think Rafa is better with matches under his belt. Plus he'll see how his knees are doing.

prima donna
06-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Whatever.

Certinfy
06-17-2009, 07:04 PM
If he was/is injured, Hewitt will beat him.

If it was all a stupid lie to make his RG loss look better, then Nadal will win.

Commander Data
06-17-2009, 07:07 PM
If he was/is injured, Hewitt will beat him.

If it was all a stupid lie to make his RG loss look better, then Nadal will win.

what a stupid view. If his knees weren't hurt he wouldn't have skipped Queens. He can beat Hewitt even with hurting knees and medicore form. Would in no way imply it was all a lie. If he wins Wimbledon without any signs of pain then I would start to question the reports to some degree...

mitalidas
06-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Just stating the obvious here, but OBVIOUSLY Nadal wouldn't play those matches if there was ANY doubt that he would compete at Wimbledon.

How do you mean? I'm sure there is in fact doubt about whether his knees are okay and whether they will hold up, and that is why he is in this exhibition.

prima donna
06-17-2009, 07:11 PM
what a stupid view. If his knees weren't hurt he wouldn't have skipped Queens...
Naivetè...

Certinfy
06-17-2009, 07:16 PM
what a stupid view. If his knees weren't hurt he wouldn't have skipped Queens. He can beat Hewitt even with hurting knees and medicore form. Would in no way imply it was all a lie. If he wins Wimbledon without any signs of pain then I would start to question the reports to some degree...I know :(... I just hate Rafa i try to abuse him in every way :P

Commander Data
06-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Naivetè...

why are you talking french:confused:

anyway ...odio

Jaz
06-17-2009, 07:29 PM
He's injured so he's going to play MORE games like 2 exhos?

I'm beginning to suspect nothing was wrong with him at all.

prima donna
06-17-2009, 07:29 PM
why are you talking french:confused:

anyway ...odio
Naiveté is also part of the English language.

Anyway, it doesn't require a vivid imagination to fathom the motives behind Nadal choosing to skip Queens.

Commander Data
06-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Naiveté is also part of the English language.

Anyway, it doesn't require a vivid imagination to fathom the motives behind Nadal choosing to skip Queens.

Sure one can easily imagine all kinds of things. But I stick with the basic assumption that Nadal does not lie, before proven otherwise. it is the Swiss system you know: not guilty before proven otherwise..

prima donna
06-17-2009, 07:36 PM
But I stick with the basic assumption that Nadal does not lie, before proven otherwise.
I'm sure that he'll prove it by handing Roger a fourth consecutive Grand Slam defeat.

Roland Garros, Wimbledon, Australian Open -- Nadal has almost achieved the career slam at Fed's expense.

Commander Data
06-17-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm sure that he'll prove it by handing Roger a fourth consecutive Grand Slam defeat.

Roland Garros, Wimbledon, Australian Open -- Nadal has almost achieved the career slam at Fed's expense.

sure, you are sure ;) it's called omniscience.

prima donna
06-17-2009, 07:44 PM
sure, you are sure ;) it's called omniscience.
I was being facetious.

Commander Data
06-17-2009, 07:47 PM
I was being facetious.

This kind of jokes are not funny for Fed Fans.

FedFan_2007
06-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Good going Rafito, 2 exo matches are just enough prep. :yeah:

MrChopin
06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Is he getting paid for these?

Aenea
06-17-2009, 08:16 PM

Do you think someone that's estimated to be worth €50+ million would do it for money?
I do believe Rafa was/is injured and is playing those exhos only to test his fitness.

Joao
06-17-2009, 08:35 PM

Do you think someone that's estimated to be worth €50+ million would do it for money?
I do believe Rafa was/is injured and is playing those exhos only to test his fitness.

Well, you're naive if you think that Nadal is playing these expos for free ...

Castafiore
06-17-2009, 08:36 PM
It's an exhibition match. Of course he is. You know that.

Corey Feldman
06-17-2009, 08:38 PM
good luck Rafa

Aenea
06-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Well, you're naive if you think that Nadal is playing these expos for free ...

My point was that he's not doing it for the money but to test his fitness and have some match practice. If they give money to the participants he won't say "no" :shrug: I'm sure that if he was not injured and played Queens he wouldn't play that exho.

RafaTheBest
06-17-2009, 09:16 PM

This post just proves that you are a moron.

2 exhos is less than the potential 5 matches he could have played at Queens, which he skipped. So yes, he is playing less due to his injury. Did they not teach math at your school?

l_mac
06-17-2009, 09:31 PM

:haha:

Yes, the Hurlingham Club is paying him US $1million per match.

TMJordan
06-17-2009, 09:33 PM
If he's hurt and playing these exhoes for the money, he deserves to get hurt even more.

:D