Catch 22 for Fedtards and Rafatards [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Catch 22 for Fedtards and Rafatards

peribsen
06-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi everybody, I've only been a couple of weeks on these forums. That's more than enough to be surprised by the amount of haters (as opposed to fans) one finds here. I was meaning to answer on another thread (about whether the HtoH between Rafa and Roger will have any impact on the way Federer is perceived in the future). But I'm really so taken aback by the amount of hate and the length to which many people will go to find ever weaker arguments to excuse their hate, that I thought this could be the time for opening my first thread.

(Sorry for the long introduction)

Let's forget for a moment that we are talking about Federer and Nadal.

Let's imagine that we are speaking about some other first rate player, from another decade. Call him X. Let's imagine that X lost 6 GS (5 finals + one SF) to a second player named Y, who also held an overall winning HtoH. And suppose many people held Y to be nothing more than a lucky moonballer.

Would we, 10-15 years later, really donīt care about this fact at all? Would there be no arguments going on about whether X was really so big, or just lucky to be the best man in a weak period that only could offer a lucky moonballer (Y) as his main rival?

Of course many people would be arguing precisely on those lines.

This is the irony for Fedtards (unlike Fedfans), they seem to need to diminish Nadal, and therefore only succeed in diminishing Federer. You can't have it both ways: either Fed is the(or one of the) GOAT(s), and therefore the man who was good enough to deprive him of a third of the trophies is an outstanding player on his own right (meaning he already makes the top 20 of all times, pre-open era included, for the time being), or you decry Rafa, and then leave the field open for people who argue that Fed only ruled through a pretty weak era.

As for Rafatards (unlike Rafafans), either you admit Federer is at GOAT level, in which case Rafa's achievements are huge, or you think Federer is a worn out, over priced crybaby, in which case Rafa's 'only' 6 GS are a comparatively meagre bounty.

Like it or not, Federer and Nadal are linked together by history: you canīt decry one of them without reducing the height of the other.

How come so many people have problems for supporting their favourite player without insulting his main rival? Are they so blind they don't see they defeat their own ends?

Enjoy!

mitalidas
06-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Welcome, what is a Fedtrad?

Fumus
06-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Catch 21? (Do mean catch 22?) What's a Fedtrad?

Also there are many threads on this already...just pick one...add your POV their and join the discussion.

This thread was completely unnecessary...

ossie
06-16-2009, 08:30 PM
your insane

Action Jackson
06-16-2009, 08:32 PM
The OP called me a Rafatard and that is rubbish of the highest order.

This happens in all sports and tennis is no different, too many people can't handle object criticism when it comes to their favourite players, it's like they have crapped on their mothers and then eaten the remains.

Kumbaya, last time anything like this happened in the main. The Berlin Wall was about to be built, Castro overthrew Batista or maybe the day Scotland and England were first unified.

Points of difference, they are going to happen.

twisturhead
06-16-2009, 08:35 PM
zzzz

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 08:38 PM
George, we all know you're a Rafatard :shrug:

Fumus
06-16-2009, 08:40 PM

This happens in all sports and tennis is no different, too many people can't handle object criticism when it comes to their favourite players, it's like they have crapped on their mothers and then eaten the remains.

Kumbaya, last time anything like this happened in the main. The Berlin Wall was about to be built, Castro overthrew Batista or maybe the day Scotland and England were first unified.

Damn that's a sexy avatar you have. I know you said you won't explain their significance(mystery?) but could you at least tell me who that is?

peribsen
06-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Fedtrad is pretty obviosuly a misspelling, come on, you can do better than that.

Fumes: I said I'm new here, there are maybe thousands of threads, you canīt seriously suggest new members read them all. If it doesnīt suit you, move on.

Action Jackson: I never called you a Rafatard, I see sarcasm is totally lost on you, pity. BTW, I donīt have a clue about what OP means.

I only meant to say what a new member is bound to feel on arrival: at least as much hate mail as tennis commentaries.

mitalidas
06-16-2009, 09:02 PM
What is a Catch 21? Is that also a misspelling? Or is there sarcasm there totally lost on me? Again, welcome.

peribsen
06-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Thank You Mitalidas, you seem to be the only civil guy around today. The reason for oppening my first thread was precisely to find out how it works... I'm afraid I canīt find how to edit the heading!! Catch 21 is catch 22 if you're not writing on your own tongue....;)

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Well, I don't know how people will look at it in 10 years. I don't think you will find the answer here...

But I like to see it as maybe the greatest player ever, which had a problem with another great player. but the problem is actually not that big, because he mostly had a problem with that player on clay and that player happens to be the greatest clay court player ever.

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Are they so blind they don't see they defeat their own ends?

Yes, they are so blind. They don't get it.

MatchFederer
06-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Welcome, what is a Fedtrad?

Catch 21? (Do mean catch 22?) What's a Fedtrad?

Also there are many threads on this already...just pick one...add your POV their and join the discussion.

This thread was completely unnecessary...

your insane

zzzz

What is a Catch 21? Is that also a misspelling? Or is there sarcasm there totally lost on me? Again, welcome.

Fedtrad is pretty obviosuly a misspelling, come on, you can do better than that.

Fumes: I said I'm new here, there are maybe thousands of threads, you canīt seriously suggest new members read them all. If it doesnīt suit you, move on.

Action Jackson: I never called you a Rafatard, I see sarcasm is totally lost on you, pity. BTW, I donīt have a clue about what OP means.

I only meant to say what a new member is bound to feel on arrival: at least as much hate mail as tennis commentaries.

:lol:

Hi peribsen,and welcome to the board.

I agree with your point completely, to diminish one is to diminish the other.

:cool:

mitalidas
06-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Thank You Mitalidas, you seem to be the only civil guy around today. The reason for oppening my first thread was precisely to find out how it works... I'm afraid I canīt find how to edit the heading!! Catch 21 is catch 22 if you're not writing on your own tongue....;)

If you edit your very first post, you can edit the title there.

OP is original poster. PP is previous poster. NID is never in doubt. STFU is shut the fx up (just saying, it's common on these fora when people disagree). Expected means just that.

FedFan_2007
06-16-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.changetowin.org/connect/images/fail.jpg

Action Jackson
06-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Fedfool, stop jumping horses, you gloryhunter.

Dini
06-16-2009, 09:46 PM

Click on the "edit" button of your first post. Then click "Go Advanced" and go from there.

rubbERR
06-16-2009, 09:51 PM
fedfan_2007 MTF number one gloryhunter fire now, watch out!

scoobs
06-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Is this thread actually about anything?

FedFan_2007
06-16-2009, 09:54 PM
It's just about FAIL.