No online coverage of Wimbledon matches by Mediazone this year!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

No online coverage of Wimbledon matches by Mediazone this year!!

abol_tabol
06-16-2009, 01:02 AM
What a terrible news! Mediazone provided the best coverage over the last few years for Wimbledon. I now have no way to watch Wimbledon live. It looks like ESPN360 took the license away this year.

I live in Canada. ESPN360 and Eurosports do not work for me. And I do not have cable TV. Is there any other paysite for live streaming of Wimbledon matches?

Burrow
06-16-2009, 01:07 AM
Don't know about pay sites really, does the tennis channel cover Wimbledon?

tipp
06-16-2009, 01:47 AM
From the Wimbledon Live page of the Wimby site:

Live online coverage of Wimbledon may be provided by NBC/ESPN in the US, CTV/TSN in Canada and ESS in all other countries listed above except for Germany and Spain.

Is that any use to you?

CyBorg
06-16-2009, 01:48 AM

Is that any use to you?

They just broadcast the shitty ESPN coverage on cable.

Blarghman
06-16-2009, 02:00 AM
They just broadcast the shitty ESPN coverage on cable.

They did have 'online coverage' of AO; you could watch archived semifinals and finals on the TSN website (from the ESPN coverage, of course). Doing the same thing is probably all that statement on Wimbledon means, at best.

scoobs
06-16-2009, 02:03 AM
shame. the mediazone coverage was brilliant.

abol_tabol
06-16-2009, 04:02 AM

Is that any use to you?

Thanks for your reply. But I don't think TSN/CTV provides live streaming over internet. I could not find any such option in their website.

Yves.
06-16-2009, 08:56 AM
wimbledon2009.nl from Dutch channel Net5.

krystlel
06-16-2009, 09:12 AM
I quickly panicked thinking that it meant that Wimbledon Live was no more.

Looks like I'm one of the lucky ones that will still get access to Wimbledon Live. But it looks like a couple of courts less than usual. :rolleyes:

martine2
06-16-2009, 09:13 AM

It was indeed :sad:

opeth84
06-16-2009, 10:30 AM

Yea i had used it the last 2 years. Was great being able to select the matches you want to watch and even interchange between them at the click of the mouse. Even better was that some courts had no commentators.

Will have to settle for foxsports coverage this year :(

nobama
06-16-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.contentinople.com/author.asp?section_id=450&doc_id=177978
NBC Sports Streams Wimbledon With Silverlight
Written by Ryan Lawler
Monday, June 15. 2009 at 02:00 PM EDT

When the 2009 Wimbledon tennis tournament begins next week, NBC Universal will stream matches live online using Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) Silverlight's Smooth Streaming technology.

Tennis fans in the U.S. will have access to live coverage online from NBCSports.com, including one high-definition (HD) stream and four other standard-definition streams of matches during the tournament.

The Wimbledon Live service will be powered by Microsoft Silverlight and its "Smooth Streaming" adaptive bit rate technology. Smooth Streaming allows publishers to encode various quality versions of a video file.

When the file is requested, the streaming server determines the highest-quality version to send based on an end user's broadband connection, and updates the bits that are sent as conditions change, ensuring the highest-quality bit rate that is available.

The Wimbledon coverage will be a bit of a testing ground for NBC, which has already committed to using Silverlight Smooth Streaming for its 2010 Olympics coverage at NBCOlympics.com. While Smooth Streaming has been available and in use for on-demand video for Canadian broadcaster CTV and Italian public broadcaster RAI, Wimbledon will be the first major live event in which the technology is used.

Also in on the Wimbledon live streaming project is iStreamPlanet Co. , which will handle content acquisition and encoding for the event. iStreamPlanet also built the video player and will provide management of live and on-demand video assets through its iStream Director product.

iStreamPlanet will use encoding equipment from Inlet Technologies Inc. for the event, and Akamai Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq: AKAM) has been chosen to deliver the video streams through its content delivery network (CDN).

krystlel
06-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Yea i had used it the last 2 years. Was great being able to select the matches you want to watch and even interchange between them at the click of the mouse. Even better was that some courts had no commentators.

Will have to settle for foxsports coverage this year :(
The thread title is misleading. Wimbledon Live is still going on but is restricted in a lot of countries - but you'll still be able to watch it in Australia. I hope they have on-demand matches, it doesn't say anything about it.

Wimbledon fans will be able to watch live coverage from Centre Court, No.1 Court, No.2 Court and three other courts throughout the Wimbledon fortnight with Wimbledon Live.*

More details will be available soon.

*Please note Wimbledon Live will not be available in the following territories:

United States, Canada , Germany, Spain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Chica, China (P.R.C), East Timor, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, New Caledonia, North Korea, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.

Live online coverage of Wimbledon may be provided by NBC/ESPN in the US, CTV/TSN in Canada and ESS in all other countries listed above except for Germany and Spain.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/interactive/video/live.html

barbadosan
06-16-2009, 02:35 PM
http://www.p2p4u.net/free/ is most likely to have several different country streams available

CyBorg
06-18-2009, 02:34 AM
wimbledon2009.nl from Dutch channel Net5.

What is this and what will they show?

CyBorg
06-18-2009, 02:36 AM
I guess I'll be fiddling with a lot of ******* in the coming week. Thanks, Canada. Come for the healthcare, leave because of the tennis coverage.

hcfoo
06-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Anyone fancy to win an all-access pass to watch Wimbledon LIVE online?

http://www.hcfoo.com/2009/06/win-all-access-passes-to-watch.html

lazybear
06-18-2009, 10:05 AM

I tried my best, i hope it will be good enough. :D As for the op's problem, if i understand correctly, the wimbledon live service is not available in the True North?

jitterbug
06-18-2009, 11:26 AM

I've entered :p

michellej
06-18-2009, 10:12 PM
What a terrible news! Mediazone provided the best coverage over the last few years for Wimbledon. I now have no way to watch Wimbledon live. It looks like ESPN360 took the license away this year.

I live in Canada. ESPN360 and Eurosports do not work for me. And I do not have cable TV. Is there any other paysite for live streaming of Wimbledon matches?

As a Canadian you can join Bet365, FREE. They're showing 200 Wimb, matches. It's a huge worldwide betting site, but you DO NOT have to bet and DO NOT have to give them any money.

michellej
06-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I guess I'll be fiddling with a lot of ******* in the coming week. Thanks, Canada. Come for the healthcare, leave because of the tennis coverage.

See the post above.

michellej
06-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Whatever happened to tennis.tv?

michellej
06-18-2009, 10:19 PM

Is that any use to you?

He needs cable to watch TSN (which has exc. all day coverage BTW)

They don't live stream

CyBorg
06-18-2009, 10:38 PM
As a Canadian you can join Bet365, FREE. They're showing 200 Wimb, matches. It's a huge worldwide betting site, but you DO NOT have to bet and DO NOT have to give them any money.

Thanks, michellej. I do have a Bet365 account - I didn't know they were going to stream Wimbledon matches. Will they steam multiple courts?

CyBorg
06-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks, michellej. I do have a Bet365 account - I didn't know they were going to stream Wimbledon matches. Will they steam multiple courts?

I'll answer my own question.

This year bet365 will be Live Streaming action from the biggest Tennis Grand Slam of the year for the first time. You can enjoy over 200 matches from the All England Club streamed live to your PC.

Live action will be shown from all 6 Show Courts with Men’s Singles, Women’s Singles, Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles and Mixed Doubles all being covered during Wimbledon fortnight.

Match, First Set and Set betting is available Pre-Match for every match throughout the tournament. You can also bet on over 24 In-Play markets on every live match including Next Point, Next Game, Next Set and Match Winner.

Watch and bet on the biggest names in Tennis including Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova and the Williams sisters.

Please note that you must have a funded account in order to view Wimbledon streams.

With fantastic Live Streaming and the most comprehensive In-Play service, there is no better way to make every shot count than with bet365.

I guess I do have to put some money in, unless I'm misunderstanding this.

abol_tabol
06-18-2009, 11:13 PM

Excellent news! Thanks a lot, michellej and CyBorg, for the info. I already have an account with Bet365. This will solve the problem of watching the matches live. But there will still remain one problem. How to watch matches that I will not be able to watch live? With Mediazone I could watch all the matches at a later time (that is why their service was so great). Will there be any such option with Bet365? I doubt it. Anyway, at least I'll be able to watch few matches live which is great.

CyBorg
06-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Are there any legal issues with submitting money to bet365?

cath777
06-19-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm glad to hear that Bet365 will have live-streaming, but I agree with abol_tabol that one of the great benefits of Wimbledon Live was the ability to watch the matches at any time.

What I don't understand is why Wimbledon Live isn't available in Canada, if TSN doesn't have any live streaming? Another case of TSN sucking :rolleyes: TSN2 has been a joke, and it looks like they are just going to repeat TSN on a 3 hour delay :rolleyes: I'm glad I don't pay for TSN2.

Blarghman
06-19-2009, 02:31 AM
Great news! The bet sites have been good for watching tennis all year, nice to see that continue into the Grand Slams :yeah:

What I don't understand is why Wimbledon Live isn't available in Canada, if TSN doesn't have any live streaming? Another case of TSN sucking :rolleyes: TSN2 has been a joke, and it looks like they are just going to repeat TSN on a 3 hour delay :rolleyes: I'm glad I don't pay for TSN2.

This is what pisses me off the most. TSN obviously paid for the online rights for the tournament, but they're not going to bother to use them, with the probable exception of the last weekend. I don't expect streaming from all the show courts, but they can't even bother to show one or two. :mad:

Though at least TSN will be showing, on average, 8-9 hours a day through the whole championships. The problem will be how much of this will be replays of the Williams sisters :o

CyBorg
06-19-2009, 02:59 AM
Though at least TSN will be showing, on average, 8-9 hours a day through the whole championships. The problem will be how much of this will be replays of the Williams sisters :o

Probably 80% of the time.

cath777
06-19-2009, 03:43 AM

Especially if it is the ESPN feed :rolleyes:

jitterbug
06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
The thread title is misleading. Wimbledon Live is still going on but is restricted in a lot of countries - but you'll still be able to watch it in Australia. I hope they have on-demand matches, it doesn't say anything about it.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/interactive/video/live.html

There is no On Demand this year :banghead: I just emailed them and got this reply:

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that there is no 'On Demand' facility on Wimbledon Live for the forthcoming tournament beginning on Monday 22nd June 2009.

Best regards
Customer Services

michellej
06-19-2009, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=cath777;8738352]I'm glad to hear that Bet365 will have live-streaming, but I agree with abol_tabol that one of the great benefits of Wimbledon Live was the ability to watch the matches at any time.

What I don't understand is why Wimbledon Live isn't available in Canada, if TSN doesn't have any live streaming? Another case of TSN sucking :rolleyes: TSN2 has been a joke, and it looks like they are just going to repeat TSN on a 3 hour delay :rolleyes: I'm glad I don't pay for TSN2.[/QUOT

Wimbledon is LIVE on TSN and Rds . Once Wimbledon arrives there will be tons of postings for live streams on this messageboard.

michellej
06-19-2009, 01:57 PM

How much money does Bet365 want for a Funded Account? I think there must be some sort of standard amount.

Acer
06-19-2009, 02:46 PM
There better be online streams for this thing people or else I'll throw an unprecedented bitch.

abol_tabol
06-19-2009, 05:16 PM
How much money does Bet365 want for a Funded Account? I think there must be some sort of standard amount.

In one website it is mentioned around 15 euro. I plan to deposit $30 (CAD). Let's see how it goes.

krystlel
06-20-2009, 10:58 AM
There is no On Demand this year :banghead: I just emailed them and got this reply:
:sad: That was one of the best parts of Wimbledon Live.