Murray vs Federer - Amalgamated trash talk galore [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray vs Federer - Amalgamated trash talk galore

Pages : [1] 2 3

Clydey
06-15-2009, 11:44 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/107844/Murray-hits-a-volley-at-critical-Fed

ANDY Murray has warned five-time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer that criticising him will only lead to more frustration for the Swiss ace.

“A lot of times I have beaten him he has said negative things about my game, but it doesn’t really bother me that much,” said Murray, who has four straight wins over Federer this year.

“He doesn’t lose very often, so it is sometimes tougher to be nice when you lose matches.

“It happens, but it doesn’t make me feel I should change my game.”

Any idea what this is in response to?

fast_clay
06-15-2009, 11:49 PM
it is not above The Trademan to forgive his peers for their many shortcomings...

Or Levy
06-15-2009, 11:49 PM
I think he's talking about Roger's comments after Dubai, when he said Andy hasn't improved, and still playing too defensive.

We shall see, I guess - what happens in Wimby.

rubbERR
06-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Federer is right, murray's game sucks

luie
06-15-2009, 11:50 PM

Strange the last I heard federer was hyping him -up for the Wimbledon crown,well at least saying he was a contender.No sure now is the best time to take a dig at federer.:o

Dini
06-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Q. What makes him difficult?
ROGER FEDERER: He's a great counter puncher and reads the game really well. He's got great feel, you know, so he's he's very confident at the moment. You can tell the way he plays, you know. He knows he doesn't need to play close to the lines because he knows he can cover the court really well.
I think that calms him down mentally. I think that's why he's playing so well.

IW press conference.

Clydey
06-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Strange the last I heard federer was hyping him -up for the Wimbledon crown,well at least saying he was a contender.No sure now is the best time to take a dig at federer.:o

Probably taken out of context. I read another article stating that Murray "bristled" at the suggestion that Federer is the best ever on grass, instead saying that he thought Sampras edged him. In reality, he probably just shrugged his shoulders and said he thought Sampras was the best. I doubt he "bristled". :lol:

twisturhead
06-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Actions>words

Dini
06-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Q. That was a turning point?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, he played unbelievable in the end. I made many mistakes. My fault, you know.
No, I was worried for him. You know, went down badly. I didn't see the entire fall because I was following my ball. But, you know, he screamed, so I hoped he was fine.
I was happy to see that he got back up. That was good that he's not injured.

Q. It's four times now that you've played him at one set all and come away behind in three set matches. What makes the difference?
ROGER FEDERER: Fitness. I'm old. He's young, you know. Makes a huge difference. No, I mean, those are best of three set matches. I think in the last few matches I always felt Andy came on strong, as the match went on, you know.
This time was different. I think I played well in the second. Forced the issue a bit more and then played a shocking third set. It was one of those matches where it was very up and down from both ends, and today the better player won.

Still looking.

Clydey
06-15-2009, 11:55 PM
IW press conference.

I read another article. I think the journalist mentioned something about Federer's comments at the French Open. I'm not sure what he said. I think he apparently disregarded Murray?

recessional
06-15-2009, 11:56 PM
I read another article. I think the journalist mentioned something about Federer's comments at the French Open. I'm not sure what he said. I think he apparently disregarded Murray?

Maybe that was when Federer suggested Davydenko could make it to the semis?

Dini
06-15-2009, 11:57 PM

I'm checking his news thread now.

optimism
06-15-2009, 11:59 PM

he didn't disregarded Murray, but added that Davy had a decent chance too.

Clydey
Maybe that was when Federer suggested Davydenko could make it to the semis?

I think so. I haven't read an article that has fully explained the context of his comments. I can imagine it being another "anti-English" type stitch up.

Be nice if they posted a transcript for a change.

rubbERR
murray's game sucks, thats the truth, and now because this very inspiring message this thread is done :Ö

l_mac
06-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Fed makes many digs at Murray.

Let's not start pulling up pressers. I'm good at that game.

tangerine_dream
06-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Clydey do you run Murraysworld?

recessional
Q. On the other side of the draw now, Andy Murray is now seeded to get through to the final. Do you see him getting there, and do you see him as your biggest individual threat now?

ROGER FEDERER: Not really. I mean, sure, he has a good chance to make the finals, you know. But then at the same time, I think Davydenko has it, you know. I mean, he's been written off a little bit. I've been disappointed that I haven't heard much about him, you know, because he's a great player.

He was in the top 4 for a long time. He was unfortunate with some injuries. So he couldn't keep his ranking because of that, not because he was losing first rounds all the time. I think that's why he's actually got a great chance of going forward.

Then we have other players, too. But I think the draws are wide open on the other side right now.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2009-06-01/200906011243875382614.html

...is this it? :/

Clydey
Clydey do you run Murraysworld?

No, I don't run it. :lol:

What makes you think that?

Dini
The times Fed mentioned Muzza in FO:

Q. How do you deal with that yourself knowing thatyou're only two matches away from finally realizing your dream? It must be exciting, and clearly every nowand again you have to let yourself think about that.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, it's also one of the reasonswhy I was nervous going into this match, because, you know, the whole storiesof, you know, Nadal losing, Murray losing, Djokovic losing, maybe opening upthe draw a little bit.

Obviously they alsoplay with my mind, even though it doesn't affect me yet. Now it does because I'm not playing Djokovicbut I'm playing Del Potro. But even thatwould have been an okay draw as well playing Novak. I've also had some good success against him.

It's nice feeling the support. You know, it can only help a player, to behonest. I'm very thrilled and excited tobe back in another semis and giving myself the opportunity. Doesn't mean because I have a great recordagainst all the players left in the draw that, you know, I'm going to win this,but I'll definitely try everything I possibly can to do it.

Q. Earlier in the year when you weren't playing your best, kind of pointout what you think was preventing you from doing that? And were you positive that your best stuffwas just around the corner?

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, I thought I played great in Australia. For some reason, just because I lost in five,people think I played terrible at the Australian Open. It's not the case. I played great in Australia and ran into Rafa whoplayed phenomenal tennis. UnfortunatelyI didn't play a great fifth set, but he took advantage and got it.

After that, I agree that many times I had the match on my racquet, like against Murray in Indian Wells, Djokovic in Miami, and so forth, and also in Rome.

Q. Onthe other side of the draw now, Andy Murray is now seeded to get through to thefinal. Do you see him getting there, anddo you see him as your biggest individual threat now?

ROGER FEDERER: Not really. I mean, sure, he has a good chance to make the finals, you know. But then at the same time, I think Davydenko hasit, you know. I mean, he's been writtenoff a little bit. I've been disappointedthat I haven't heard much about him, you know, because he's a great player.

He was in the top 4 fora long time. He was unfortunate withsome injuries. So he couldn't keep hisranking because of that, not because he was losing first rounds all the time. Ithink that's why he's actually got a great chance of going forward.

Then we have other players, too. But I think the draws are wide open on theother side right now.

luie
06-16-2009, 12:04 AM
I think so. I haven't read an article that has fully explained the context of his comments. I can imagine it being another "anti-English" type stitch up.

Be nice if they posted a transcript for a change.
Well its always nice to have some drama before a slam,but I can't remember the last time I heard federer take a dig at murray not since the "favorite thing" at the AO.Not sure about the FO as I was not paying much attntion to murray because I knew his chances of success were small. Reminds me about fed vs fakervic episode last year with the "vulnerable" comment.

tangerine_dream
06-16-2009, 12:06 AM
No, I don't run it. :lol:

What makes you think that?
For some reason I thought you created or helped create Murraysworld. :shrug:

Clydey
06-16-2009, 12:06 AM
...is this it? :/

Could be. I'm starting to think it's a retaliation for the Dubai comment, the AO remarks, and the pretty tame by comparison FO remarks.

Clydey
06-16-2009, 12:07 AM
For some reason I thought you created or helped create Murraysworld. :shrug:

No, I'm just one the News Team. I write the occasional match report. That's about it.

Dini
06-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Could be. I'm starting to think it's a retaliation for the Dubai comment, the AO remarks, and the pretty tame by comparison FO remarks.

I don't think he said anything wrong in FO though. :confused:

l_mac
06-16-2009, 12:10 AM
No, I'm just one the News Team. I write the occasional match report. That's about it.

:haha:

Do you have a badge? Maybe a hat?

Clydey
06-16-2009, 12:12 AM

Do you have a badge? Maybe a hat?

Yes. As you can see, I shout about my position at MW from the rooftops. I even have people thinking that I run the joint.

Vida
06-16-2009, 12:12 AM
for some reason, I also imagined Clydey as some representative of Murray on the internet...

l_mac
06-16-2009, 12:13 AM

Same old shit as always. Match is always on his racket blah blah.

His general air of superiority is probably enough to get Murray's back up. The new generation of players don't sing from the same song sheet as the older guys. They didn't get the "Fed is god" media training. :)

Clydey
06-16-2009, 12:14 AM

I didn't think he said anything wrong. I suppose it's down to how you interpret it. He was asked about Murray and sort of ignored him when replying. That's the only thing I can think of from the FO.

Dini
06-16-2009, 12:14 AM

His general air of superiority is probably enough to get Murray's back up. The new generation of players don't sing from the same song sheet as the older guys. They didn't get the "Fed is god" media training. :)

There was me thinking Fed said Murray has a "great game" and the "better player won today". :confused:

The momentum was on his side in that match after the 2nd and early third. He played crap and
Andy very well, just like he said.

You seem to have selective vision when it comes to pressers.

How many times did Nadal credit Soderling in his presser?

rubbERR
06-16-2009, 12:17 AM
negative comments, negative comments, bring it, without negative comments its only fanboys therapy ring.

CyBorg
06-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Excellent. We need a bit of anymosity. Enough of the ass-kissing of Federer.

Dini
06-16-2009, 12:19 AM
A lot of the times I have beaten him he has said negative things about my game.

Dubai 08 and Cincy 06 perhaps the only times he's made silly remarks. I don't call that a lot.

It doesn’t bother me that much

Well surely it does bother him if he feels has to speak up about it infront of the press.

guga2120
06-16-2009, 12:21 AM
The new generation of players don't sing from the same song sheet as the older guys. They didn't get the "Fed is god" media training. :)

Well I wouldn't go that far, but Murray certainly does not buy into that, and thus why he keeps beating him.

recessional
There was me thinking Fed said Murray has a "great game" and the "better player won today". :confused:

The momentum was on his side in that match after the 2nd and early third. He played crap and
Andy very well, just like he said.

How many times did Nadal credit Soderling in his presser?

I remember that match. That was when Murray fell down, right? Fed just... went away after that. :banghead: :mad:

prima donna
Ouch -- harsh words coming from such a celebrated champion.

luie
06-16-2009, 12:22 AM

True but this came out of the blue imo.There were many times he could have stated this and got a favorable response because he was beating federer.Maybe its and old quote that was brought out now to add drama.In fact strangely I think fed took the high road recently.Murray stated that nadull will easily make the finals @ Rg even though he was in the same half & stated fed will struggle to get to the finals.Knowing the person fed could be it would have been a golden oppotunity to rub it in his face about the eventual out-come. Yet he stated Murray is a real contenter at wimbledon even though Murray's best result there was a gasquet "choke" win & a beat down by nadal.Lastly why would he want to pick a fight with federer now , when you are in search of your first GS title,it only add motivation to federer to "fight till the death" to deny you the crown.Let your racquet do the talking Murray.:rolleyes:

l_mac
06-16-2009, 12:23 AM

Right back at you, fangirl :lol:

Dini
06-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Right back at you, fangirl :lol:

Hence why I mentioned Fed's "silly remarks".

icedevil0289
06-16-2009, 12:24 AM
I remember that match. That was when Murray fell down, right? Fed just... went away after that. :banghead: :mad:

Oh yeah. Quite a painful match. Murray fell and Roger's brain fell apart.

tangerine_dream
06-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Roddick couldn't wait to sing Roger's praises on twitter but from Murray, he tweeted nothing but "ha ha I kicked your ass in doubles". Whole different mindset there. ;)

prima donna
06-16-2009, 12:28 AM
CIJbvsZjXjI

guga2120
06-16-2009, 12:28 AM
He has been mentioning Roger alot,here Andy, is saying his record with Roger gives him alot of confidence.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jun/16/andy-murray-wimbledon-roger-federer

Dini
06-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Trust the mirror to come up with so much BS:

But while the normally polite Federer has always been complimentary about the Spaniard, who has replaced him as world No.1, he cannot bring himself to say a nice word about the world No.3.

Not a nice word? :confused:

The Scot responded yesterday by insisting Pete Sampras was the best grasscourt player of all time. And then he insisted he will continue to try to infuriate the Swiss if they clash at his home Grand Slam.

:o Fed be scared.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-sport/2009/06/16/andy-murray-wants-more-respect-from-roger-federer-as-he-sets-sights-on-wimbledon-115875-21444195/

rocketassist
06-16-2009, 12:32 AM
I agree,also I wish murray will stop ass-kissing nadull,saying he will easily make the FO when he was in the same half. Very poor taste imo.

Agreed, it doesn't help mentally going into a match against him. It's no secret when you hero worship a player your record tends to suck against them.

rocketassist
Muzza needs to let his tennis do the talking, like Nadal did in Melbourne when Fed was being a whiny little bitch for five sets and moaning at everyone else bar his own game.

luie
Excellent. We need a bit of anymosity. Enough of the ass-kissing of Federer.
I agree,also I wish murray will stop ass-kissing nadull,saying he will easily make the FO when he was in the same half. Very poor taste imo.

Clydey
06-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Just read a couple more articles. It seems more and more like they've each paraphrased Murray differently. Some have made his remarks sound much worse than they actually were.

For example, from the Mirror:

"He doesn’t lose very often so he doesn’t need to be critical of his opponents. It is sometimes tougher to be nice when you lose matches."

From the Daily Mail:

"He doesn't lose that often and it can be tough when you go into a press conference afterwards,' said Murray."

That's basically the same quote, paraphrased differently. One sounds much more scathing than the other.

Clydey
06-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Muzza needs to let his tennis do the talking, like Nadal did in Melbourne when Fed was being a whiny little bitch for five sets and moaning at everyone else bar his own game.

It's the media. I'm pretty much convinced they've twisted his words and made what he said sound worse than it actually was. See my post above.

recessional
06-16-2009, 12:35 AM
British media :inlove:

Dini
06-16-2009, 12:35 AM
What is Murray expecting from an arrogant prick anyway? :spit:

Looking for respect from a sore loser? Dream on Murray.

neme6
06-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Murray's probably referring to what Roger waid at the AO, he said that he could hang on way better than Murray in a best of 5 sets match, the next day Murray lost in 5 lol!

luie
06-16-2009, 12:43 AM
What is Murray expecting from an arrogant prick anyway? :spit:

Looking for respect from a sore loser? Dream on Murray.
Actually Murray should feel good it is one -off the few times in feds career he stated the better player one when he lost. He is not a false person like nadull to say some-one else is the favorite when he knows it to be untrue.

Dini
06-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Murray probably didn't say it in the way the Mirror phrased it, but still I felt his comments were unecessary just like Fed's "favourite" comments were pre-Oz. I say this because Fed has praised him and talked about the things that makes his game effective against him, and discounting him as a favourite to make the final of a French Slam is no biggie. We all know that although he has improved on clay, it would have been a big ask to reach the very last stages.

If anyone, Fed should be annoyed he's the one with the massive negative h2h, but it seems that Andy is the one pissed off.

icedevil0289
06-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Perhaps Murray was just peeved because Roger was fairly accurate in his assesment when he said Murray should not be the favorite for the AO, while Murray was wrong about his predictions for the FO.

rocketassist
06-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Murray probably didn't say it in the way the Mirror phrased it, but still I felt his comments were unecessary just like Fed's "favourite" comments were pre-Oz. I say this because Fed has praised him and talked about the things that makes his game effective against him, and discounting him as a favourite to make the final of a French Slam is no biggie. We all know that although he has improved on clay, it would have been a big ask to reach the very last stages.

If anyone, Fed should be annoyed he's the one with the massive negative h2h, but it seems that Andy is the one pissed off.

Muzza just needs to focus on playing and ignore the media, they always attempt to drive wedges between rivals in any sport.

Murray and Fed shouldn't be making comments, they should be forming the alliance of good against the pig and the faker. :D

marcRD
06-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Muzza just needs to focus on playing and ignore the media, they always attempt to drive wedges between rivals in any sport.

Murray and Fed shouldn't be making comments, they should be forming the alliance of good against the pig and the faker. :D

It doesnt work that way, Murray is in love with Nadal from what I have read, even in Rotterdam he felt like Nadal should have won and he is constantly defending him (in the center court roof inaguration he made excuses for Nadal losing to Federer in Madrid saying that it doesnt count that much because Nadal was tired and also said Nadal is young and could catch up with the slam record of 14). He didnt even believe he could get past the semifinal in Roland Garros, but Nadal would get past anyone to the final without much trouble.

You look at a loner like Söderling who hates Nadal with a passion and he will use that feeling to do the impossible, Murray could use this feeling to beat Roger and he seems to kill himself out there to be able to do that (even in matches that doesnt matter at all) but I doubt he will turn around things against Nadal with the attitude I keep hearing from him.

I love most the Djokovic-Federer and Del Potro-Murray rivalry emotionally, I think it doesnt produce the best tennis but these guys really go out for each other. Rafa-Murray is a lovefest, even if Murray can defeat Nadal from time to time. Djokovic refuses to love and respect other players, he is out there for his own sake. Del Potro, Roddick and Tsonga just outside top 4 are completely in awe of Federer and they hardly beat him (ofcourse it is matchup thing aswell, but it is different for Roddick when he gets a beating from bad matchup Murray than Federer). Other players who turned to Federer btches like Hewitt just never gave in to praise Federer like if he was a god, it didnt help him so I cant tell if Roddick would win anything from just not respecting Federer but I think Roddick just would gain alot from replacing it with real hate or some other motivational feeling, afterall it did the job against Djokovic the latest time they faced each other.

Dini
06-16-2009, 01:20 AM
marc don't forget Nadal is more Murray's generation than Fed is. :shrug:

rocketassist
06-16-2009, 01:21 AM
It doesnt work that way, Murray is in love with Nadal from what I have read, even in Rotterdam he felt like Nadal should have won and he is constantly defending him (in the center court roof inaguration he made excuses for Nadal losing to Federer in Madrid saying that it doesnt count that much because Nadal was tired and also said Nadal is young and could catch up with the slam record of 14). He didnt even believe he could get past the semifinal in Roland Garros, but Nadal would get past anyone to the final without much trouble.

You look at a loner like Söderling who hates Nadal with a passion and he will use that feeling to do the impossible, Murray could use this feeling to beat Roger and he seems to kill himself out there to be able to do that (even in matches that doesnt matter at all) but I doubt he will turn around things against Nadal with the attitude I keep hearing from him.

I love most the Djokovic-Federer and Del Potro-Murray rivalry emotionally, I think it doesnt produce the best tennis but these guys really go out for each other. Rafa-Murray is a lovefest, even if Murray can defeat Nadal from time to time. Djokovic refuses to love and respect other players, he is out there for his own sake. Del Potro, Roddick and Tsonga just outside top 4 are completely in awe of Federer and they hardly beat him (ofcourse it is matchup thing aswell, but it is different for Roddick when he gets a beating from bad matchup Murray than Federer). Other players who turned to Federer btches like Hewitt just never gave in to praise Federer like if he was a god, it didnt help him so I cant tell if Roddick would win anything from just not respecting Federer but I think Roddick just would gain alot from replacing it with real hate or some other motivational feeling, afterall it did the job against Djokovic the latest time they faced each other.

More to do with match ups Murray's record against Nadal, but in New York he demolished him with attacking tennis.

It shouldn't really be a lovefest as both men are arch rivals for slams and the no 1 spot, just as Federer is involved as well. Rivals for glory are never the best of friends.

Though as a Murray fan, I prefer Fed by far over the two other rivals so I was rather if he had to kiss arse, it was him.

tennizen
06-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Vamos Murray:rocker2: Unlike Djokovic last year, please back these comments up at Wimbledon. It would be quite pointless otherwise

marcRD
06-16-2009, 01:24 AM
marc don't forget Nadal is more Murray's generation than Fed is. :shrug:

Yes, even more reason for Murray to look at Rafa with less respect and more fire within. I mean I find it kind of ok to look up at players 5-10 years older than you but to look to Rafa who is 1 year older than him and maybe his main rival with kind of the attitude that he probably will end the greatest of all time and break the 14 slam record is not really going to help you beat him in slams.

Nadal is not a bad matchup for Murray, there is no reason for him to raise Nadal above himself. He is one year younger than Nadal and just behind him, he should think of himself as favorite to win against Rafa in atleast hardcourt slams and with a great chanse on grass. Murray has been improving faster than anyone else in the tour and should be more favoured to win slams in the future than Rafa. That is atleast how he should think of his position in tennis, he shouldnt talk too much about the Federer-Nadal rivalry, focus on his own shit.

MacTheKnife
06-16-2009, 01:26 AM
They call this trash talking. Sampras is the best grass court player, I'll give Muzza that. But overall, his trash talking skills need work.

marcRD
06-16-2009, 01:34 AM
They call this trash talking. Sampras is the best grass court player, I'll give Muzza that. But overall, his trash talking skills need work.

Murray need to atleast show his words are of any value. Federer said he considered himself and Rafa favourites in AO and would wait until Murray proofs himself in a slam to write him in as the favourite and he had every reason to belive there was somekind of bandwaggoning from betting sites and journalists about Murray's chanse to win AO.

Murray said Federer would have troubles in RG and that Rafa's path to the final would be a walk in the park (including himself in a potential SF). Murray needs to calm down and focus on his own game. I would have less problems with Murray saying he would prefer playing Federer than Nadal but he has a great chanse beating both of them, but all this shit of taking yourself out of the equation and pushing with Federer while licking Rafa's ass doesnt make me respect Murray at all.

MrChopin
06-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Yes, even more reason for Murray to look at Rafa with less respect and more fire within. I mean I find it kind of ok to look up at players 5-10 years older than you but to look to Rafa who is 1 year older than him and maybe his main rival with kind of the attitude that he probably will end the greatest of all time and break the 14 slam record is not really going to help you beat him in slams.

Murray had a nice run at USO, but he hasn't really done much to prove himself at slams otherwise... don't understand his desire to get hostile now as they approach another slam (as opposed to 3-set TMS match). Maybe a little chapped over Fed getting #14 as opposed to going away like the rest of the old geezers have done?

Then again, it's hard to even say how much of this is the press and how much of it is Murray. We've seen countless times what our own MTF news brigade has done to Fed's words with a little cut and paste. The British press are professionals, though I'm sure even they have an MTF correspondent that gathers the juicy tidbits on here.

GlennMirnyi
06-16-2009, 01:49 AM
murray's game sucks, thats the truth, and now because this very inspiring message this thread is done :Ö

Murray's game sucks for you but Del Pony's game is okay.

Interesting.

Frank Winkler
06-16-2009, 01:54 AM
pretty strong words.
lets see if he can show up in the semis or final of wimbledon

HKz
06-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Honestly, let Pansy Purray talk trash or cry or whatever. He still has no room to talk. Aside from the USO final, no Grand Slam success. And even if he wins one or two here or there in the next few years, Roger can still talk all the shit he wants to Pansy because he has the credentials. Pansy kisses Rafalafa's ass because he knows that Nadal is the only one that can take out Roger in Grand Slams. Who cares about the lower events, even the Master Series. Nadal's MS count can be disregarded - they're nearly all on clay.

dabeast
06-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Murray sucks, Roger rules, 'nuff said.

dabeast
06-16-2009, 02:16 AM
Nadal's MS count can be disregarded - they're nearly all on clay.

Yep, and he only started winning Wimbledon and HC masters when they severely started slowing down the courts. The AO this year, Fed had multiple chances but mentally crumbled.

Mimi
06-16-2009, 02:25 AM

:p:eek: very brave of him, for not afraid the king :angel:

sawan66278
06-16-2009, 02:49 AM
The absence of this attitude was one of the primary reasons why Federer was as dominant as he was from 2004-2006. Players groveled at his feat...and never said one thing about Federer's arrogance (calling it, as the media did, "honesty").

One thing clear from Federer throughout his career:

1. To players who are real threats, he gives, at best, backhanded compliments (see his comments even this year following his loss to Rafa at the AO)
2. To players who are not worthy of even an ounce of fear, he compliments (see his comments about Davydenko, time and time again).

I'm glad Andy has, at least verbally, said "enough is enough". And his head to head record shows that he can back up his "smack" too.

luie
06-16-2009, 03:04 AM
The absence of this attitude was one of the primary reasons why Federer was as dominant as he was from 2004-2006. Players groveled at his feat...and never said one thing about Federer's arrogance (calling it, as the media did, "honesty").

One thing clear from Federer throughout his career:

1. To players who are real threats, he gives, at best, backhanded compliments (see his comments even this year following his loss to Rafa at the AO)
2. To players who are not worthy of even an ounce of fear, he compliments (see his comments about Davydenko, time and time again).

I'm glad Andy has, at least verbally, said "enough is enough". And his head to head record shows that he can back up his "smack" too.
I agree now its rafa who has the fanboys now.Almugro #1 nadulltard,Murray #2 nadulltard,#3 nadulltard verdasco etc.:angel:

green25814
06-16-2009, 03:26 AM
Murray = Nadulltard?

In any event, Andy strikes me as a guy who doesnt care who's on the other side of the net. He doesnt let his emotions play tricks with him.

green25814
06-16-2009, 03:27 AM
Murray's game sucks for you but Del Pony's game is okay.

Interesting.

He's the result of incestuous parents, nothing unexpected

finishingmove
06-16-2009, 03:28 AM
He's the result of incestuous parents, nothing unexpected

murray or del potro?

severus
06-16-2009, 03:33 AM
Andrew Mugray speaks again.Win a slam first you mug.

green25814
06-16-2009, 03:33 AM
murray or del potro?

Del potro is the result of bear/human gene manipulation.

Murray i dont know about, but i heard some strange things about scottish.

Rubber is the guy the comment referred to

Guy Haines
06-16-2009, 03:35 AM
Murray is stating the facts -- I don't see a dig in his remarks.

Federer is a pissy loser, and he's certainly been one when Murray's beaten him.

The thing is, until Murray beats Federer in a best-of-5 match, how much does it matter? Very little.

luie
06-16-2009, 03:42 AM
Murray = Nadulltard?

In any event, Andy strikes me as a guy who doesnt care who's on the other side of the net. He doesnt let his emotions play tricks with him.
Not really a nadulltard but I feel if he calls out federer,he should also call-out nadal as well because nadull is the defending champion & has a better h2h than him.
I like Murray but he is getting carried away with the fed hype.His primary goal should be to win slams NOT beat federer imo. If federer happens to be on the opposite side of the net so be it but it could just as easily be nadull,fakervic Tsonga etc.
Don't get into a bilateral war with federer,go to war with every-one & win the SLAM.
He is making an elementry mistake,even nadull doesn't make call-out federer its not a good tactic,fed will come-out all guns blazing.
And if he goes to war with federer in the semi's even if he wins he will be no-good for the finals physically.

luie
06-16-2009, 03:45 AM
Murray is stating the facts -- I don't see a dig in his remarks.

Federer is a pissy loser, and he's certainly been one when Murray's beaten him.

The thing is, until Murray beats Federer in a best-of-5 match, how much does it matter? Very little.
Ohh! Ohh! my knees hurt,wah! wah! wah!

Bargearse
06-16-2009, 03:50 AM
I won't give this guy any credit until he breaks through and wins a slam.

green25814
06-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Not really a nadulltard but I feel if he calls out federer,he should also call-out nadal as well because nadull is the defending champion & has a better h2h than him.
I like Murray but he is getting carried away with the fed hype.His primary goal should be to win slams NOT beat federer imo. If federer happens to be on the opposite side of the net so be it but it could just as easily be nadull,fakervic Tsonga etc.
Don't get into a bilateral war with federer,go to war with every-one & win the SLAM.
He is making an elementry mistake,even nadull doesn't make call-out federer its not a good tactic,fed will come-out all guns blazing.
And if he goes to war with federer in the semi's even if he wins he will be no-good for the finals physically.

In all honesty i dont think Murray cares that much about Federer, this is just the British media blowing things up as usual.

Mimi
06-16-2009, 03:52 AM
mono, back problems, cannot see the light at wimby 08 final, ohh! Ohh!, cry like a river when just lost one match but already won 13 slams, wah! wah! wah!

rofe
06-16-2009, 03:57 AM
mono, back problems, cannot see the light at wimby 08 final, ohh! Ohh!, cry like a river when just lost one match but already won 13 slams, wah! wah! wah!

We have already established that Fed is a pissy loser but what luie is pointing out is that so is Nadal. The point is, these guys hate to lose and that is why they win so many GSs. You have to hate to lose to win so much and it sometimes comes out in their press conferences. No big deal as far as I am concerned.

Mimi
06-16-2009, 04:08 AM
We have already established that Fed is a pissy loser but what luie is pointing out is that so is Nadal. The point is, these guys hate to lose and that is why they win so many GSs. You have to hate to lose to win so much and it sometimes comes out in their press conferences. No big deal as far as I am concerned.:yeah: you are fair for admitting this, though there are some who just think roger is god, in fact, he is human, and no one is perfect

Audacity
06-16-2009, 04:24 AM
:bowdown: Roger.

R.Federer
06-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Roger has had that coming.... who hasn't noticed that, come on! It might be gamesmanship, or just (not the best) sportsmanship, but Roger's comments have come across somewhat ungracious. It's one thing to say these things after a win. But if you lose and say it, well, this is the impression it creates. :mad:

Mimi
06-16-2009, 04:31 AM
Roger has had that coming.... who hasn't noticed that, come on! It might be gamesmanship, or just (not the best) sportsmanship, but Roger's comments have come across somewhat ungracious. It's one thing to say these things after a win. But if you lose and say it, well, this is the impression it creates. :mad:
another fair and objective roger fans :bigclap:

TMJordan
06-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Clydey = GOAT

R.Federer
06-16-2009, 04:35 AM
The new generation of players don't sing from the same song sheet as the older guys. They didn't get the "Fed is god" media training. :)

Er, no. Andy got his training, and aced his test too. :lol:

"
I had a great tournament but I came up against, in my opinion, the best player ever to play the game today," said Murray.

Epitaph for his USO 2008 campaign :worship:

R.Federer
06-16-2009, 04:40 AM
Q. The tactics that you used against Murray, could you describe that a little more, the second serve attacking, attacking the net?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, I mean, I'm not going to say things here because I need to keep beating the guy for many years to come. But I think he's improved a lot the last year or so. I think he had a tough draw at the Australian Open, actually which would have put himself in an even better position for this year, but he drew Tsonga I think first round, and that sort of kept him under the radar for a little bit.
But I think winning Cincinnati and doing so well here again and, you know, doing also I think well at Wimbledon I think he's really picked his game up.
He's got many different opportunities to play any player, I think. That's what makes him dangerous. He's got the good slice, he can come to net, he can stay back, he can stay very far back.
So he's got three different options, and not many players have that out there. For this reason you need to adapt a little bit on how he plays you. I think that's where I'm the best at in the game, is try to figure out how to beat the guy.
I had a game plan going in, but then also had to adjust it throughout the match.

FedFan_2007
06-16-2009, 04:42 AM
1. All of the top 4 are arrogant pricks. You don't become a grand slam champion or be a constant contender without the requisite arrogance seeping out of your pores.
2. Sure Fed's a pissy loser, but good losers don't win 14 slams. That's just the way it is.

finishingmove
06-16-2009, 04:51 AM
1. All of the top 4 are arrogant pricks. You don't become a grand slam champion or be a constant contender without the requisite arrogance seeping out of your pores.
2. Sure Fed's a pissy loser, but good losers don't win 14 slams. That's just the way it is.

but nadal is not arrogant, no?

FedFan_2007
06-16-2009, 04:51 AM
but nadal is not arrogant, no?

Of course he is. Called Berdych a "bad man". Promised that Soderling would burn in hell.

Turquoise
06-16-2009, 04:55 AM
Not surprised if the media has selectively quoted his words out of context.

But, I like Murray's attitude. He's candid, and to his credit, he used Federer's comments after Dubai 2008 as positive reinforcement. No doubt, the fact that he consistently defeats Federer is a source of immense satisfaction. The next step for him is to do so in a grand slam, and I believe he has the guts and the determination to do so next time around. Nadal poses a similar challenge to him, albeit he doesn't have a great record against him, but the important thing is that he has the self-belief and knows how to get there.

finishingmove
06-16-2009, 05:00 AM
Called Berdych a "bad man".

:lol:

Arkulari
06-16-2009, 05:04 AM
well, I think I kinda get what Roger has been trying to say, 'cuz Muzza went into his old pusher/ultra defensive mode in slams this year so far and that's why he wasn't reaching the big scenes, that's like taking a step back or so, like his game hasn't evolved :shrug:

Muzza is a very good player, but when he chooses to push and not attack, well, it is quite ugly and those matches are represented on how many he has lost this year :shrug:

Spirit_fire
06-16-2009, 05:06 AM
It just seems like this is coming out of nowhere and makes Murray look quite foolish, purely because in his most recent comments Federer has been very complimentary towards him.

FedFan_2007
06-16-2009, 05:08 AM
I like this. We need some animosity at the top of the game. The Fedal love is getting a bit boring.

FedFan_2007
06-16-2009, 05:09 AM
It just seems like this is coming out of nowhere and makes Murray look quite foolish, purely because in his most recent comments Federer has been very complimentary towards him.

The press needs something to print. Murray obliged. I hope Federer crushes him.

twisturhead
06-16-2009, 05:11 AM
I like this. We need some animosity at the top of the game. The Fedal love is getting a bit boring.

another boris becker breakout performance winner plz

R.Federer
06-16-2009, 05:12 AM

I think he had another go ( after Nadal had been defeated), saying that Murray was NOT the favorite to come out from that half. :D

Well, he was right of course. And it was a very valid statement, since Davydenko, Gonzo etc were also in that half. But I can how it might be misrepresented by Murray and other people who make a career by deliberate misrepresentation (many here).

FedFan_2007
06-16-2009, 05:15 AM
another boris becker breakout performance winner plz

Dimitrov will win? :confused:

twisturhead
06-16-2009, 05:24 AM
Dimitrov will win? :confused:

that would be greatest story in tennis since...FOREVER

Guy Haines
06-16-2009, 05:43 AM

Are you sure you're 39?

So much prattling by you about a couple ordinary sentences from Murray. You'd think he'd split the atom with his tennis racquet or cursed out Mother Theresa.

Yeah, yeah the Nadal clan's knee talk is tired. But as of now at least it's a drop in the ocean compared to years of Federer's needling remarks in post-loss pressers. And it's not the subject of this thread. :wavey:

Deivid23
06-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Get the fuck in Andrew

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 07:37 AM
This ugly Scotsman really needs to shut the hell up... Dissing the best ever won't do him any favour...

Such a Wanker this one...

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 07:43 AM

Yup, on the other hand some spoilt brat (that still has to win something of importance) dissing a tennis legend does sound soooo right :yeah: :rolleyes: cocky as ever this annoying Scot...

MariaV
06-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Vamos Andy! :yeah:

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 07:58 AM

Muzza is no Nadal :shrug:

Unreal, that Scottish twat still has to win something and dares compare himself to the greatest ever :rolleyes: I see the media hype got to his head... Hope he gets his whiny arse spanked badly :devil:

MariaV
06-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Muzza is no Nadal :shrug:

Unreal, that Scottish twat still has to win something and dares compare himself to the greatest ever :rolleyes: I see the media hype got to his head... Hope he gets his whiny arse spanked badly :devil:

This Scottish twat he beaten Fedgod 4 times in a row. :D :D :D

Forehander
06-16-2009, 08:16 AM
lol~ this gets interesting. The fire intensifies between the two and there'll be even more competition. Murray's game still have room for improvement and if Nadal goes away for a while due to injury we might see a replacement of a new rivalry between these two players :P But lets hope Murray takes it slowly and don't get too ahead of himself. Djokovic must be annoyed that he's being ignored :haha:

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 08:16 AM

mimi:worship:

ugliness is my new hero.finally smbdy had balls to tell loud 'n clear who crybaby is with his fake tears."he's emotional,awww" my arse.roger might have 256 gs titles(p-jm,you missed all points)but he'd still be just a pathetic enormous bad mouthed mirka's slave.

http://i44.tinypic.com/5xnxud.jpg

:spit::spit::spit::spit:

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Yup, on the other hand some spoilt brat (that still has to win something of importance) dissing a tennis legend does sound soooo right :yeah: :rolleyes: cocky as ever this annoying Scot...

sounds like a worst noletard.ups,the worst,delusional she.

Forehander
06-16-2009, 08:25 AM

ugliness is my new hero.finally smbdy had balls to tell loud 'n clear who crybaby is with his fake tears."he's emotional,awww" my arse.roger might have 256 gs titles(p-jm,you missed all points)but he'd still be just a pathetic enormous bad mouthed mirka's slave.

l feel so sorry for people of such :sad: Why do such shallow human being exist~?

vamosinator
06-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Murray is my 2nd favorite player on tour, he's very good for the game, both on and off the court he's done well and I hope he is the regular number 2 in the world:o

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 08:26 AM
This Scottish twat he beaten Fedgod 4 times in a row. :D :D :D

Fed often loses in training too, even to Mirka :shrug:

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Wake me up when he wins something worth bragging... :yawn:

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 08:27 AM

Says the girlie man :rolleyes: :zzz:

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 08:28 AM
op,change the name of this thread - "all fedtards united"

as they say grandfathers in times start to look like their grandsons.you're almost 40?

Says the girlie man :rolleyes: :zzz:

yes,so what?

Certinfy
06-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Murray FTW xD

vamosinator
06-16-2009, 08:34 AM
I hope Nadal and Murray win every slam for the next 5 years, they are both good people:o

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 08:37 AM
I hope Nadal and Murray win every slam for the next 5 years, they are both good people:o

phew,nole is the best

vamosinator
06-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Djokovic I dislike in all forms, nothing good about him that I can detect:o

Dini
06-16-2009, 08:42 AM

Classy mimi. :bowdown: Expected better from you. Take your shades off and start reading things. You don't want me to dig up the number of articles in which he has praised Nadal and Murray?

Post Wimby 08

"Rafa played well...he was rocksolid the way we know him...he's definitely improved his game you know ...I think since the beginning of the year he's been playing very well, very consistent on the quicker courts, I don't think it needed a match like this today to prove it. No I mean he's a great compteitor, great player to play against and I think he did really well today."

That was after one of his most painful losses ever yet this arrogant prick and sore loser still spent a relatively long game talking about Nadal's game and praising it.

And here is the video, show me where he complained outrightly about the darkness. He was asked and in the end responded "it doesn't matter now" trying to dodge it. Video:

ZlNhXgzDEMI

:yeah: you are fair for admitting this, though there are some who just think roger is god, in fact, he is human, and no one is perfect

:confused: Many worship his ass yeah, but you have those with every fanbase. He's far off from being perfect and like you say is human and humans aren't flawless. But don't let your hate take over you mimi, try to be a bit more fair and look at all the aspects.

Arrogant? Yes. Sore loser? Maybe. Honest? Hell yes. Would I have it any other way? Never.

Here is another one where he's praised Murray. I've lost count now how many times Fed has dissected his game and talked about it in a positive light. But oh wait, this is the ego-king, how the hell can this be right?

Q. The tactics that you used against Murray, could you describe that a little more, the second serve attacking, attacking the net?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, I mean, I'm not going to say things here because I need to keep beating the guy for many years to come. But I think he's improved a lot the last year or so. I think he had a tough draw at the Australian Open, actually which would have put himself in an even better position for this year, but he drew Tsonga I think first round, and that sort of kept him under the radar for a little bit.
But I think winning Cincinnati and doing so well here again and, you know, doing also I think well at Wimbledon I think he's really picked his game up.
He's got many different opportunities to play any player, I think. That's what makes him dangerous. He's got the good slice, he can come to net, he can stay back, he can stay very far back.
So he's got three different options, and not many players have that out there. For this reason you need to adapt a little bit on how he plays you. I think that's where I'm the best at in the game, is try to figure out how to beat the guy.
I had a game plan going in, but then also had to adjust it throughout the match.

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Djokovic I dislike in all forms, nothing good about him that I can detect:o

i can detect dozens good things easily:) but this is murray appreciation thread,i won't spoil it.

MariaV
06-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Oh, infinityfed, you want me to gather all the quotes where Fed has complained later on that it was dark and he didn't see the ball? :awww: :awww: :tears: :sad:

Dini
06-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Oh, infinityfed, you want me to gather all the quotes where Fed has complained later on that it was dark and he didn't see the ball? :awww: :awww: :tears: :sad:

I said he was a sore loser, but at least give the sore loser some credit for bringing himself to talk about Nadal's game right after the match and after hurting so much. :wavey:

Mimi
06-16-2009, 09:03 AM

Classy mimi. :bowdown: Expected better from you. Take your shades off and start reading things. You don't want me to dig up the number of articles in which he has praised Nadal and Murray?

Post Wimby 08

That was after one of his most painful losses ever yet this arrogant prick and sore loser still spent a relatively long game talking about Nadal's game and praising it.

And here is the video, show me where he complained outrightly about the darkness. He was asked and in the end responded "it doesn't matter now" trying to dodge it. Video:

ZlNhXgzDEMI

:confused: Many worship his ass yeah, but you have those with every fanbase. He's far off from being perfect and like you say is human and humans aren't flawless. But don't let your hate take over you mimi, try to be a bit more fair and look at all the aspects.

Arrogant? Yes. Sore loser? Maybe. Honest? Hell yes. Would I have it any other way? Never.

Here is another one where he's praised Murray. I've lost count now how many times Fed has dissected his game and talked about it in a positive light. But oh wait, this is the ego-king, how the hell can this be right?

don't ever think I am classy, but i think a bit more classy than luie, if you read also carefully, its him who started first, i won't do this if he didn't start first, same for you, if roger is being "critiised", you may also defend him, though you may use a more classier way than me, one matter for one matter, I also said a lot of good things for Roger such as I admit he is greater than Pete, the GOAT etc :shrug:

Goldenoldie
06-16-2009, 09:03 AM
This has to be the most boring thread I've read on here so far. I don't care who said what, when, why, to whom or about whom. I don't care who has the best/worst/cleverest/shittiest fans. I don't care who kisses whose arse, or who has their head stuck up their own arse. Remember the matches, not the mind games.

scoobs
06-16-2009, 09:04 AM
This has to be the most boring thread I've read on here so far. I don't care who said what, when, why, to whom or about whom. I don't care who has the best/worst/cleverest/shittiest fans. I don't care who kisses whose arse, or who has their head stuck up their own arse. Remember the matches, not the mind games.
it's just typical week before a slam on MTF.

Not much happening on the court so people spend the week whipping up a minidrama or two.

MariaV
06-16-2009, 09:07 AM
I said he was a sore loser, but at least give the sore loser some credit for bringing himself to talk about Nadal's game right after the match and after hurting so much. :wavey:

:wavey: OK I'll give him that. And of course such losses hurt.

Dini
06-16-2009, 09:10 AM
don't ever think I am classy, but i think a bit more classy than luie, if you read also carefully, its him who started first, i won't do this if he didn't start first, same for you, if roger is being "critiised", you also do the same thing to defend him :shrug:

So why do you have to feel you have to respond in such a manner? You're much better than that to me, and you know how much I respect you.

I defend him, yes. But I also acknowledge his flaws of which no one is immune to. At the same time, he does surprise even me with his praise to others after painful losses. Just gotta look at the whole thing and make up your mind.

Has Fed never had anything good to say about Nadal and Murray? I want you to answer that question.

Dini
06-16-2009, 09:11 AM
:wavey: OK I'll give him that. And of course such losses hurt.

Silly question, but what's the story behind your avi and flag?

Mimi
06-16-2009, 09:18 AM
So why do you have to feel you have to respond in such a manner? You're much better than that to me, and you know how much I respect you.

I defend him, yes. But I also acknowledge his flaws of which no one is immune to. At the same time, he does surprise even me with his praise to others after painful losses. Just gotta look at the whole thing and make up your mind.

Has Fed never had anything good to say about Nadal and Murray? I want you to answer that question.

I am sorry if you find my post annoying:angel:, i think you are a bit sensitive for me, i have been here much longer than you, and i read a lot more worst comments about nadal, as i have said, no one is perfect and i am not alone, its good that you admit his flaws, nadal has flaws too such as letting others to wait for long before tossing the coins and i won't defend him for this

of course he has said good thing about nadal and murray, anyway, no need to be so serious, may be i got a bit angry by luie's comments coz i do think nadal has serious knee problem and i am worrying

have a nice day :wavey:

Dini
06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
I am sorry if you find my post annoying:angel:, i think you are a bit sensitive for me, i have been here much longer than you, and i read a lot more worst comments about nadal, as i have said, no one is perfect and i am not alone, its good that you admit his flaws, nadal has flaws too such as letting others to wait for long before tossing the coins and i won't defend him for this

of course he has said good thing about nadal and murray, anyway, no need to be so serious, may be i got a bit angry by luie's comments coz i do think nadal has serious knee problem and i am worrying

have a nice day :wavey:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Surprising, not annoying. ;)

You too have a nice day. :kiss: You're still one of my favourite posters mimi. :angel:

Har-Tru
06-16-2009, 09:32 AM
I think Federer should have refrained from talking so many times about the darkness and stuff, but in all fairness he was quite right. It would have been terrible if the match had been suspended there, but from the players position it was the right thing to do. Even Nadal said in the last game he couldn't see the ball and witness said it was a lot darker than it appeared on TV.

vamosinator
06-16-2009, 09:37 AM
If Nadal didn't ever get given birth to from the womb I'd support Murray 100%:o

Har-Tru
06-16-2009, 09:39 AM
If Nadal didn't ever get given birth to from the womb I'd support Murray 100%:o

Does that even count as English?

MariaV
06-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Does that even count as English?

I guess the English version would be smth like: If Nadal had never been born I'd support Murray 100%.

But my English sucks as well, sorry. :o

Har-Tru
06-16-2009, 09:44 AM
I guess the English version would be smth like: If Nadal would never have been born I'd support Murray 100%.

But my English sucks as well, sorry. :o

Mine sucks too, but what about "If Nadal hadn't been born I'd support Murray 100%"?

God I read it again, I'm tempted to sig it...

EDIT: nm I saw you edited it.

finishingmove
06-16-2009, 09:55 AM
everybody knows federer never had mono

vamosinator
06-16-2009, 09:56 AM
I always speak perfect English and it feels boring so I as trying to show some personality for a change:o

MariaV
06-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Mine sucks too, but what about "If Nadal hadn't been born I'd support Murray 100%"?

God I read it again, I'm tempted to sig it...

EDIT: nm I saw you edited it.

Yeah sorry, it took me a while too to get the right tense and all. :o :o

Har-Tru
06-16-2009, 09:58 AM
I always speak perfect English and it feels boring so I as trying to show some personality for a change:o

Dini
06-16-2009, 09:58 AM

How exactly? :scratch:

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 09:59 AM

True that, Dijana and the Serbian mafia know better ;)

MariaV
06-16-2009, 10:00 AM

Are you Spanish? Just curious.

marcRD
06-16-2009, 10:01 AM
It is funny that Nadal fans think Federer used the light as an excuse when Nadal went out saying he could barely see the ball at the end of the match.

finishingmove
06-16-2009, 10:02 AM

think real hard.

Har-Tru
06-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Are you Spanish? Just curious.

racist

j/k

Dini
06-16-2009, 10:05 AM
think real hard.

thinking... :lol:

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 10:08 AM

never confirmed by dr(s).if you think "on fed's word"-no way jose.

just lame exuse.first only for ao 2008 than he did use his "mono" as a prikolica for every single defeat.

"oh,i couldnt:cry cry: cuz of mono,mono.mirka,they attack me:crying:"

sweetheart spanked rogy:angel:

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 10:09 AM
never confirmed by dr(s).if you think "on fed's word"-no way jose.

just lame exuse.first only for ao 2008 than he did use his "mono" as a prikolica for every single defeat.

"oh,i couldnt:cry cry: cuz of mono,mono.mirka,they attack me:crying:"

sweetheart spanked rogy:angel:

Roger's doctors have confirmed it :shrug: you need to read more carefully honey ;)

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Roger's doctors have confirmed it :shrug: you need to read more carefully honey ;)

prove me.find just one article.

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 10:13 AM
prove me.find just one article.

The interview of his doctors were in the Swiss press, do you read French? :shrug:

finishingmove
06-16-2009, 10:17 AM
don't know what's worse - saying it or taking it for granted :spit:

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 10:17 AM
The interview of his doctors were in the Swiss press, do you read French? :shrug:

were? such a big stuff has to be on 3,000 google pages.no,i don't read french but you'll tranlate for me IF you find just one article.

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 10:20 AM
were? such a big stuff has to be on 3,000 google pages.no,i don't read french but you'll tranlate for me IF you find just one article.

Articles aren't online :shrug:

If you weren't able to see by yourself that last year Fed was "a shadow of himself" most of the year then you need to change your glasses or start to actually watch the sport ;)

miura
06-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Murray certainly talks the talk. Now let's see if he can walk the walk :)

Dini
06-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Federer, who said he had now learned the English term “sour grapes,” said he was trying only to provide “constructive criticism” and did not mean to imply that he did not respect Murray’s game.
“He beat me after all,” Federer said. “It’s unfortunate, because that’s not what I meant at all.”
He added: “I’ve always thought he was one of the most talented ones of the whole group, even more talented than Djokovic, to be honest. I thought he would do the most first before Djokovic, but Djokovic played really well the last year and started this year unbelievably.

http://www.bumeral.net/blog/2008/04/08/roger-federer-sick-with-mononucleosis-federer-suffered-illness/

What more does Muzza want? He even said he was better than Nole.

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Articles aren't online :shrug:

never happened.

period.enough said.below:

don't know what's worse - saying it or taking it for granted :spit:

Dini
06-16-2009, 10:28 AM
He was sweating like a pig in AO and that is unusual.

JM please do post the article.

Har-Tru
06-16-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm also waiting for a proof about the mono.

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 10:30 AM
never happened.

period.enough said.below:

:shrug: If it helps you and Dijana sleep better, then let it be ;)

He was sweating like a pig in AO and that is unusual.

JM please do post the article.

I remember an article in Le Matin with an interview of his doctor... Most of their articles aren't online :shrug: anyway, I don't think we have to prove to haters Roger actually had mono, even with articles they'd still call it bullshit... :shrug:

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 10:33 AM
http://www.bumeral.net/blog/2008/04/08/roger-federer-sick-with-mononucleosis-federer-suffered-illness/

What more does Muzza want? He even said he was better than Nole.

aricle what?fed about roger's mono on some blog:worship: proof big as eiffel tower.

his highness said he thought muzza is more talented....oh my...oh my...so when he say smth this is an ultimate,one 'n only truth?

back to op topic-murray is so right!

Dini
06-16-2009, 10:36 AM
No ivan it's his opinion, which he is entitled to.

That article wasn't posted as some proof it was posted to show that Fed has actually given Murray a damn big amount of respect already.

McAlistar
06-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Federer is right, murray's game sucks

Do you just post rubbish in every Murray thread, honestly its not even good trolling, its just boring :o

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 10:37 AM
No ivan it's his opinion, which he is entitled to.

thank you.

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 10:38 AM
:shrug: If it helps you and Dijana sleep better, then let it be ;)

cat eats the tongue? who's dijana,what she has to do with roger's mono?i mean what are you talking about?
article where doctors officially...blah, blah?

you,infinity,others..can't find any article about such a big deal.that is the truth.

McAlistar
06-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Andy is quite right to say this,Federer thinks he has a God given right to win, a loss in the Wimbledon final to Murray would be so sweet and im sure Fed would turn on the waterworks for sympathy as usual.

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 10:39 AM
So now the thread has turned into "prove us Fed had mono or it never happened" :lol: just so typical of GM :hearts:

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 10:41 AM
cat eats the tongue? who's dijana,what she has to do with roger's mono?i mean what are you talking about?
article where doctors officially...blah, blah?

you,infinity,others..can't find any article about such a big deal.that is the truth.

Here doctors can't talk publicly about those stuff... though that doctor was just asked about Roger's mono and just acknowledged it :shrug:, saying it wasn't the worst form though...

Dini
06-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Ivan with all due respect, I think you're one of the last people to complain of fake injuries and diseases being a fan of Nole. Some of his retirements have been fishy to say the least. Do you have proofs of all his slam retirements also?

At least with Fed, I know that he has NEVER in his entire career retired from a match, so it's not like he's scared to face defeat. Afterwards he may be a pissy sore loser, but that's another matter.

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Ivan with all due respect, I think you're one of the last people to complain of fake injuries and diseases being a fan of Nole. Some of his retirements have been fishy to say the least. Do you have proofs of all his slam retirements also?

At least with Fed, I know that he has NEVER in his entire career retired from a match, so it's not like he's scared to face defeat. Afterwards he may be a pissy sore loser, but that's another matter.

why're you doing this?seriously unexpected from you.open new thread about nole's retirements 'n you'll see what would i say about that.changing the subject or "classy mimi' is the easiest way infinity.

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 10:49 AM
why're you doing this?seriously unexpected from you.open new thread about nole's retirements 'n you'll see what would i say about that.changing the subject or "classy mimi' is the easiest way infinity.

Is this thread about Fed's mono? :scratch: open a new thread on the matter if you want to discuss it, honey :kiss:

Har-Tru
06-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Is this thread about Fed's mono? :scratch: open a new thread on the matter if you want to discuss it, honey :kiss:

I'm sure you'd be more than keen to discuss it if it was for your interest.

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 10:53 AM

:hug:

Dini
06-16-2009, 10:54 AM

Because I think you're being unfair. I know you hate the guy which is by all means fine by me, but give credit where credit is due.

I wasn't attacking Nole, but I feel it's a bit hypocritical of a fan that supports Nole to start questioning injuries. That is my honest opinion about it and this is GM where I won't be afraid to say what I believe. Having said that I have nothing whatsoever against Djokovic, in fact I spend quite a lot of time in the Nole forum I'll have you know.

About mimi, I was surprised. I wasn't expecting her to be a saint, but just thought that post had quite a lot of hate in it...something which I hadn't seen from her in the past. Didn't realise at first that it was a response to luie and I have apologised to her as in hindsight it was harsh.

Vida
06-16-2009, 10:59 AM
So now the thread has turned into "prove us Fed had mono or it never happened" :lol: just so typical of GM :hearts:

what mono? monotrain, monotonous, monochromatic TV... or princess Mononoke?

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 10:59 AM

:confused: "my interest" Geez, get a grip you fanboy, :secret: I'm no Federer you know :hug: :hug:

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I feel it's a bit hypocritical of a fan that supports Nole to start questioning injuries.:eek:

i'm afraid i understand you on this.hypocritical is every nole fan who wasn't questioning his injuries.i'm a fan not some/just drooling over nole "fan".

'n i think even antonius agrees with me.

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 11:01 AM
About mimi, I was surprised. I wasn't expecting her to be a saint, but just thought that post had quite a lot of hate in it...something which I hadn't seen from her in the past. Didn't realise at first that it was a response to luie and I have apologised to her as in hindsight it was harsh.

Mimi's always been a hater :shrug: and quite harsh on the guy...

Dini
06-16-2009, 11:03 AM
:eek:

i'm afraid i understand you on this.hypocritical is every nole fan who wasn't questioning his injuries.i'm a fan not some/just drooling over nole "fan".

'n i think even antonius agrees with me.

Good to know. ;)

Dini
06-16-2009, 11:04 AM

Well I haven't been here for as long as you have, but she's always repped me when he won a match saying congrats and all that. ;) I haven't seen any hate from her side as it were.

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Well I haven't been here for as long as you have, but she's always repped me when he won a match saying congrats and all that. ;) I haven't seen any hate from her side as it were.

I read her posts in the Rafa forum, as I tend to be regular there :tape: :p

Har-Tru
06-16-2009, 11:09 AM
:confused: "my interest" Geez, get a grip you fanboy, :secret: I'm no Federer you know :hug: :hug:

priceless.

Mimi
06-16-2009, 11:15 AM
any one who do not worship roger is already a hater in your eyes, even I once said Roger is more dominating than Tiger, still a hater in your eyes

just show the numerous posts that i was harsh on him then :wavey:except that i don't want him to break pete's records and didn't want him to win, i am sure that you will do the same if someone is threatening roger's records, i don't think i have been as harsh on him as you did on rafa, anyway, never said i am a saint and perfect, but i am far from a hater

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Good to know. ;)

i'm so disappointed.you think good nole fan shoudn't questioning his injuries when whole world talk about sore throat or whatelse?
no honey,i'm happy i'm not true fan by your standards.those kind of "fans" you can find in nole forum.

i can't believe.

'n yes,mimi.mimi deserves only:worship: over 'n over again.

andylovesaustin
06-16-2009, 11:16 AM
I like that Murray is showing some fiestiness. I just hope he can back it up.

But...I think they're all bad losers. It's just a matter of degree. :shrug: There's always something from "bad play" to some sort of injury, illness, fatigue, playing conditions, or "I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, or "I wasn't feeling it,"etc,.

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 11:18 AM
any one who do not worship roger is already a hater in your eyes, just show the numerous posts that i was harsh on him then :wavey:except i don't want him to break pete's records and didn't want him to win, i am sure that you will do the same if someone is threatening roger's records, i don't think i have been as harsh on him as you did no rafa, anyway, never said i am a saint and perfect, but i am far from a hater

I don't hate any player either... just wish Nadal/Murray/Djokovic to lose every time they step on court :shrug:

Dini
06-16-2009, 11:19 AM
i'm so disappointed.you think good nole fan shoudn't questioning his injuries when whole world talk about sore throat or whatelse?
no honey,i'm happy i'm not true fan by your standards.those kind of "fans" you can find in nole forum.

i can't believe.

'n yes,mimi.mimi deserves only:worship: over 'n over again.

Where did I say you were not a true fan? I appreciate that you're not a blind fan and see things as they are. ;)

decrepitude
06-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Back on topic:

What a lot of hot air about nothing. As a fan of both Murray and Federer, I have been very conscious of the things Federer has said about Murray, and when Murray first started beating him he was very scathing. The main one was Dubai 08 when Murray trounced him and he said Murray would never get anywhere unless he changed his game - there was a furore on here at the time, with talks of sour grapes etc. Before that Andy had been a big admirer of Federer (while still wanting to beat him) and I think that really got to him.

Lately Roger has been complimentary, yes, but this is quite new. Last year there were a few compliments but they usually had a hidden sting if you are conscious of such things. Remember he was quite dismissive of Rafa at first when Rafa started to beat him, and now is very full of praise.

The quoted article does not say what question Andy was asked to get that response. . . and that is how journalists make their living, by twisting words to make a story interesting. I'm surprised so many people can't see that.

timafi
06-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Murray seems to forget that all of his wins have not been in slams where it matters most
I'm sure Roddick would give his supposed "win"over Federer,when Federer had mono for a win in a major
hey Murray 14 slams to ZERO for you arrogant fucker.Hope Nadal trashes you like he did last year:devil:

talking smack before getting taken out by Verdasco and Gomzalez in slams:rolleyes:

reggie1
06-16-2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUkWEE9FEnY this was broadcast this morning on GMTV, Andy explains how some of his comments can be taken out of context. His hair looks quite nice and Carla actually gets him to smile! :lol: Her comment "The Grumpy narky look is a winning look for you" is priceless.

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Where did I say you were not a true fan? I appreciate that you're not a blind fan and see things as they are. ;)

another words-beat it :retard:? thanks.

bold-where did i say such a crap?"see things" are your words,i'm just questioning nole's injuries,some of them.

Har-Tru
06-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Murray seems to forget that all of his wins have not been in slams where it matters most
I'm sure Roddick would give his supposed "win"over Federer,when Federer had mono for a win in a major
hey Murray 14 slams to ZERO for you arrogant fucker.Hope Nadal trashes you like he did last year:devil:

talking smack before getting taken out by Verdasco and Gomzalez in slams:rolleyes:

can you prove that?

Commander Data
Fed is kinda a pissy loser. Its okay if the other players take a dig at that. Good that Murray mentions all the wins, will piuss fed even more off and motivate him to adapt his game to murray.

Fed likes to be challanged, i think it is good that Murray says these things. I hope they meet in SF so that Murray gets put in place :devil:

Dini
another words-beat it :retard:? thanks.

bold-where did i say such a crap?"see things" are your words,i'm just questioning nole's injuries,some of them.

By see things I mean that you're not blinded by you're favourite's flaws. You see the good and the bad and appreciate them both, because that's what makes you like him right?

"See things" is not meant literally in this case. Figurative speech.

Dini
06-16-2009, 11:31 AM
can you prove that?

His agent confirmed that he had seen the docs. I don't know about official statements though.

Do you think it's BS?

born_on_clay
06-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Murray is absolutely right
The right way is to ignore that arogant Swiss

andylovesaustin
06-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Fed is kinda a pissy loser. Its okay if the other players take a dig at that. Good that Murray mentions all the wins, will piuss fed even more off and motivate him to adapt his game to murray.

Fed likes to be challanged, i think it is good that Murray says these things. I hope they meet in SF so that Murray gets put in place :devil:

See, to me if he's going to be put in his place anyway, I'd like to see him show a little bit of feistiness going in.

I've never understood all this "reverse psychology," particularly when it comes to Federer. It hasn't really worked except for Rafa. :shrug: So they might as well try a different approach.

But I do agree, it really comes down to the the confidence the guy has on-court, not necessarily in pressers. If he can't bring that same kind of fight on-court, well it doesn't really matter what he says in interviews.

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Murray is absolutely right
The right way is to ignore that arogant Swiss

Well all the world is saying he is the best. It may sound arrogant to say the match was on his racket but it is likely the truth.

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 11:37 AM
By see things I mean that you're not blinded by you're favourite's flaws. You see the good and the bad and appreciate them both, because that's what makes you like him right?

"See things" is not meant literally in this case. Figurative speech."how to be rude with nice words" post

hum...another thing,your siggy.i think you're blind fan(bears,dolls)but do you think this banner is "haas in finals offensive" 'n so not funny?

Dini
06-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Don't know if this is proof but... :shrug:

NEW YORK -- Roger Federer couldn't figure out why he felt so sluggish at the start of this season. His doctors eventually gave him an explanation: The world's No. 1 tennis player had mononucleosis.

"Roger found out he had mono, and didn't know it. He found out a couple of weeks ago. That's probably what was wrong with him," Federer's agent, Tony Godsick, said Friday. "He doesn't want to make any excuses and take anything away from anybody. In hindsight, had [his doctors] known he had mono, they wouldn't have let him play."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=3282485

decrepitude
06-16-2009, 11:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUkWEE9FEnY this was broadcast this morning on GMTV, Andy explains how some of his comments can be taken out of context. His hair looks quite nice and Carla actually gets him to smile! :lol: Her comment "The Grumpy narky look is a winning look for you" is priceless.
Aw, that was cute!

It just corroborates my earlier point about how things can be taken out of context. I personally never believe what journalists write without pretty strong proof; what players say in press conferences, provided you read the entire conference, questions and all, is fine, but believing just one journalist's interpretation of a remark is simply plain ridiculous.

Dini
06-16-2009, 11:42 AM
"how to be rude with nice words" post

hum...another thing,your siggy.i think you're blind fan(bears,dolls)but do you think this banner is "haas in finals offensive" 'n so not funny?

Having a feder-bear makes me a blind fan? :spit: Ivan I don't know much about you, you definitely know nothing about how long I've been following tennis and been avid fan of the sport itself. You have no idea. So let's leave it there.

I acknowledge Fed's arrogant and sore loser characteristics yet still I'm the blind fangirl.

That banner has nothing to do with Haas. I found the quote of that banner cute and funny, it was made by disappointed fans in Halle.

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 11:42 AM
See, to me if he's going to be put in his place anyway, I'd like to see him show a little bit of feistiness going in.

I've never understood all this "reverse psychology," particularly when it comes to Federer. It hasn't really worked except for Rafa. :shrug: So they might as well try a different approach.

But I do agree, it really comes down to the the confidence the guy has on-court, not necessarily in pressers. If he can't bring that same kind of fight on-court, well it doesn't really matter what he says in interviews.

I find it okay too. makes it more interesting. No fake modesty. I'm sure Nole, Murray and Rafa want to beat the shit out of Federer and they believe they have to game to do so. I'm also sure they get pissed on some pressers by Fed. Well, let them speak. makes it all moe interesting when they meet.

But Murray should make no mistake. Fed will be a different animal in Slams then in those Mickey Mouse events. And Murray has yet to impresse me in the Slams. If Murray can't win the Slams, Fed will take a dig back at him sooner or later.

I would guess that if Murray straight sets Fed in Wimbledon and takes the title, Fed would give him the deserved credit.

andylovesaustin
06-16-2009, 11:45 AM

Yeah, but didn't he also play some exhibition event with Pete--losing to Pete, actually?

See, I tend to believe the players. But then again, they undercut their own credibility when the just don't stay at home to take care of themselves, choosing to play exhibition events if not full-fledged tournaments.

They all do it.

If they're sick or injured, maybe it would better just to take care of their health rather than play tennis at all?

Horatius
06-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Well all the world is saying he is the best. It may sound arrogant to say the match was on his racket but it is likely the truth.

Truth? That's disrespecful.
But seriously, this was a dig at Federer? This creates a thread?
Anyway I wish that players would sting Federer. but MOST just don't have nothing (far from enough(especially regarding stamina and mental strengh)) to back it up in court.
Murray has it. He'll do well.

Har-Tru
06-16-2009, 11:47 AM

I'll take it. No reason not to.

andylovesaustin
06-16-2009, 11:57 AM
I find it okay too. makes it more interesting. No fake modesty. I'm sure Nole, Murray and Rafa want to beat the shit out of Federer and they believe they have to game to do so. I'm also sure they get pissed on some pressers by Fed. Well, let them speak. makes it all moe interesting when they meet.

But Murray should make no mistake. Fed will be a different animal in Slams then in those Mickey Mouse events. And Murray has yet to impresse me in the Slams. If Murray can't win the Slams, Fed will take a dig back at him sooner or later.

I would guess that if Murray straight sets Fed in Wimbledon and takes the title, Fed would give him the deserved credit.

So Murray should "fear" Roger? I think that's the problem right now. Too many players are afraid to put it out there. Roger is not afraid to criticize other players, for example. So why should they be afraid to criticize him, regardless of the final result?

I just think the key is to play up to their potential. It doesn't really matter if they praise or criticize him. If they can't challenge him on court, then the result is going to be the same anyway.

To me the BEST approach would be to say what Roger said v Soderling. Roger said he was "up for the challenge." That is the perfect mindset, I think. It's great to give an opponent due respect, but then again why can't a player have some self-respect and confidence, too?

Vida
06-16-2009, 12:01 PM
good attitude from murray, but futile. no way he beats fed at wimby. only one man can do it.

ballbasher101
06-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Murray and Federer are the 2 players I support and yet they do not like each other :sad:. The media do like a fist fight so they will write anything to get what they want.

andylovesaustin
06-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Murray and Federer are the 2 players I support and yet they do not like each other :sad:. The media do like a fist fight so they will write anything to get what they want.

I don't think they necessarily "dislike" each other except maybe on the tennis court.

Dini
06-16-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't think they dislike each other either. Murray has always praised Fed for being the GOAT in his eyes, and likewise Fed has praised Andy for being the most talented out of the "young" bunch.

Media does love to twist words, however. :)

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 12:22 PM
So Murray should "fear" Roger? I think that's the problem right now. Too many players are afraid to put it out there. Roger is not afraid to criticize other players, for example. So why should they be afraid to criticize him, regardless of the final result?

I just think the key is to play up to their potential. It doesn't really matter if they praise or criticize him. If they can't challenge him on court, then the result is going to be the same anyway.

To me the BEST approach would be to say what Roger said v Soderling. Roger said he was "up for the challenge." That is the perfect mindset, I think. It's great to give an opponent due respect, but then again why can't a player have some self-respect and confidence, too?

No, no. Murray should not fear Roger. He should believe in his game. It's just, if fed wins the slams asnd Murray doesn't, i think Fed has better right/position to dig at Murray

Har-Tru
06-16-2009, 12:24 PM
good attitude from murray, but futile. no way he beats fed at wimby. only one man can do it.

Boggo!

Horatius
06-16-2009, 12:25 PM
No, no. Murray should not fear Roger. He should believe in his game. It's just, if fed wins the slams asnd Murray doesn't, i think Fed has better right/position to dig at Murray

Anyone can say what they want. Just like you guys just say what you want all time...

finishingmove
06-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Ivan with all due respect, I think you're one of the last people to complain of fake injuries and diseases being a fan of Nole.

this has nothing to do with either of them.

federer's mononucleosis is a might-have-been-never-was.

the best excuse he can pull out of his bad start last year is "the stomach virus" that prevented him from being fully fit, which as a consequence rattled his confidence as well.

andylovesaustin
06-16-2009, 12:29 PM

Well, if that's the case, I guess only Rafa and Nole should take swipes at Roger. :shrug: Didn't Roger criticize Nole? I distinctly remember Roger all but accusing Nole of "tanking"--at the AO, I believe.

vamosinator
06-16-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't mind that Federer won the French Open, because now its going to sting more if he never wins a slam again, to be so close to exceeding Sampras' record and not doing it, so that worked out well. Also, because he's so close to overtaking the Sampras record he will probably keep playing till like 2016 instead of 2012 and in the end the head2head with Rafa will be like 30-7 because Federer will have hung on for so long trying to overtake Sampras in total slams:o

marcRD
06-16-2009, 12:33 PM
I don't mind that Federer won the French Open, because now its going to sting more if he never wins a slam again, to be so close to exceeding Sampras' record and not doing it, so that worked out well. Also, because he's so close to overtaking the Sampras record he will probably keep playing till like 2016 instead of 2012 and in the end the head2head with Rafa will be like 30-7 because Federer will have hung on for so long trying to overtake Sampras in total slams:o

Funny. Haha.

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Well, if that's the case, I guess only Rafa and Nole should take swipes at Roger. :shrug: Didn't Roger criticize Nole? I distinctly remember Roger all but accusing Nole of "tanking"--at the AO, I believe.

No. it just next time Roger takes a dig at Murray, people should see it in context ;)

sammy01
06-16-2009, 12:45 PM
the men really do suck at being bitches, the men need to give the women tennis tips and the women need to show the men how to truely bitchslap another player in the presser.

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 12:46 PM

Sure and if he wins it, whats next? It's going to sting even more because he never exceeds Steffy Grafs record or what :retard:. You don't realize that Federer is in peace with himself. He already said before the RG title that if he walks away from the game tomorrow he would be perfectly at peace because his goal was to win Wimbledon once and has he exceeded that long ago.

But is okay, keep trying...

andylovesaustin
06-16-2009, 12:50 PM
No. it just next time Roger takes a dig at Murray, people should see it in context ;)

Why? :lol:

To me you can't have it both ways. I mean, I've read criticisms here about Rafa and his "false praise." Then now.. there's Murray who's at least being honest with how he feels whether or not he can actually beat Roger at Wimbledon.

Like I said, the only person who's had success against Roger is Rafa. And Rafa has been accused of gamesmanship with his "false praise."

Now Murray's being criticized for NOT being respectful of the GOAT in all ways. Well, maybe he's just being honest. I just don't think he should be "afraid" of putting pressure on himself.
If he's afraid of pissing-off Roger, well that's not a good sign.

«Ivan»
06-16-2009, 01:01 PM
this has nothing to do with either of them.

federer's mononucleosis is a might-have-been-never-was.

the best excuse he can pull out of his bad start last year is "the stomach virus" that prevented him from being fully fit, which as a consequence rattled his confidence as well.

that's my finishingmove:yeah:

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Our Serbs know Fed's illness better :worship: AJDE! :lol: :kiss:

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Why? :lol:

What you mean why? because it is good to see things in context...:confused:

zeleni
06-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Murray is the man.

I enjoy his Fed demolitions more than Nole's wins over Prickerer...

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Murray is the man.

I enjoy his Fed demolitions more than Nole's wins over Prickerer...

Nice avi :yeah: ;)

vamosinator
06-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Sure and if he wins it, whats next? It's going to sting even more because he never exceeds Steffy Grafs record or what :retard:. You don't realize that Federer is in peace with himself. He already said before the RG title that if he walks away from the game tomorrow he would be perfectly at peace because his goal was to win Wimbledon once and has he exceeded that long ago.

But is okay, keep trying...

I don't mind what Federer thinks, I just would enjoy Nadal increasing his head2head to 30-7, or Federer retiring without passing Sampras in total slams, both will be good to see:o

Clydey
06-16-2009, 01:28 PM

That's the thing. They actually do like each other.

Murray's words have certainly been twisted.

Castafiore
06-16-2009, 01:29 PM
because it is good to see things in context...:confused:
Like with the quotes in this article that was the trigger for this thread for example?

The full context only gets in the way of a GM discussion. :D

zeleni
06-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Nice avi :yeah: ;)

Thank you.

andylovesaustin
06-16-2009, 01:31 PM
What you mean why? because it is good to see things in context...:confused:

You mean the context of Roger winning grand slams and Andy not ?:confused:

So Andy as a challenger shouldn't say anything against Roger because Andy is not worthy?

Well, maybe Andy thinks he worthy just by virtue of being ranked in the top 5 ? :shrug: Isn't Andy ranked #3 in the world right now? It's not like Andy is #100 in the world. I would think a player ranked #100 might hold-back a little bit when tempted to criticize Roger, but then again, maybe a lower ranked player might have confidence in spite of his lowliness!

I just don't think there's anything wrong with Andy's comments. I bet Roger probably doesn't think they're a big deal either. Now whether Andy can back them up remains to be seen.

Sunset of Age
06-16-2009, 01:37 PM
:lol: - reading a lot of the comments in this thread, one would think that a lot of posters have apparently forgotten that all these guys engage in playing a SPORT - where it's the goal to actually defeat the player on the opposite side of the net!

There's nothing wrong with Muzza's comments - he just shows he's confident. No 'dig' or anything the like. And as I've said on numerous occasions before, it's perfectly possible to like a fellow player off court, while wanting to do nothing else than beat the sh*t out of that player as soon as they enter the court. Which I don't doubt is the case with ALL of the players, otherwise they should immediately seek for a different job.

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
You mean the context of Roger winning grand slams and Andy not ?:confused:

So Andy as a challenger shouldn't say anything against Roger because Andy is not worthy?

Well, maybe Andy thinks he worthy just by virtue of being ranked in the top 5 ? :shrug: Isn't Andy ranked #3 in the world right now? It's not like Andy is #100 in the world. I would think a player ranked #100 might hold-back a little bit when tempted to criticize Roger, but then again, maybe a lower ranked player might have confidence in spite of his lowliness!

I just don't think there's anything wrong with Andy's comments. I bet Roger probably doesn't think they're a big deal either. Now whether Andy can back them up remains to be seen.

I don't really understand you. It seems you just want to discuss no matter what the other person says, or you are not very smart. i don't get it.

I just said a million times that Murrays comments are perfectly fine to me.

I just said it is okay if Players do a little trash talk but I also consider it okay when Fed does it.

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't mind what Federer thinks, I just would enjoy Nadal increasing his head2head to 30-7, or Federer retiring without passing Sampras in total slams, both will be good to see:o

And very unlikely....Hopefully fed beats Rafa in the Final, then both your dreams will be shattered.

andylovesaustin
06-16-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't really understand you. It seems you just want to discuss no matter what the other person says, or you are not very smart. i don't get it.

I just said a million times that Murrays comments are perfectly fine to me.

I just said it is okay if Players do a little trash talk but I also consider it okay when Fed does it.

Why do you always resort to personal attacks? I don't appreciate your telling me that I must not be very smart. Isn't that against the rules here?

I thought I was responding to what you said. You're the one who brought-up context?

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Thank you.

yeah, it looks very joyful, open minded, peaceful, modern..

Castafiore
06-16-2009, 01:48 PM
And very unlikely....Hopefully fed beats Rafa in the Final, then both your dreams will be shattered.
Classy reaction to a classy post. :yeah:

Don't you just love GM?

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Why do you always resort to personal attacks? I don't appreciate your telling me that I must not be very smart. Isn't that against the rules here?

I thought I was responding to what you said. You're the one who brought-up context?

Always?, sure always, maybe because I'm dumb? Yeah, it is against the rules. You can report me and I might get banned...button on the left side under the avi.

bokehlicious
06-16-2009, 01:50 PM

Rafa would have to reach the finals in the first place :o I think as usual he'll lose to some mug to keep his flattering h-h vs Fed... :o

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Classy reaction to a classy post. :yeah:

Don't you just love GM?

thanks man!

BTW: you can also report my posts via the button on the left side. Mods appreciate it, if you help keep the forum classy.

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Rafa would have to reach the finals in the first place :o I think as usual he'll lose to some mug to keep his flattering h-h vs Fed... :o

First he has to survive the expo...

andylovesaustin
Always?, sure always, maybe because I'm dumb? Yeah, it is against the rules. You can report me and I might get banned...button on the left side under the avi.

Well you always attack me for some reason even though I'm just trying to have a conversation.

I don't want to get anybody banned: I just don't appreciate somebody telling me I "must not be very smart."

Didn't you say the following:

So basically I was referring to this "context" or "condition" you yourself set-up.

Yeah, it makes sense logically, but then again even Roger is only as good as his last tournament/win. So I guess some players might believe each tournament is a new opportunity--and rightly so.

Castafiore
BTW: you can also report my posts via the button on the left side. Mods appreciate it, if you help keep the forum classy.
Thanks for the tip.

Commander Data
06-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Seriously, just ignore TheRafa. :shrug:

:hatoff: