The "Go With The Flow" Wimbledon 2009 Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "Go With The Flow" Wimbledon 2009 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

*Raine
06-14-2009, 05:02 PM
:rocker2:Bring it

Hopefully me starting the thread will do wonders for him in this tournament. ;):yippee: *sends positive vibes*

PS:
Thanks for the thread title Noleta

Noleta
06-14-2009, 05:10 PM
How about Go With The Flow :shrug:

pica_pica
06-14-2009, 05:16 PM
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww10/pica_pica_ajde/09wimby_goodlucknole.gif

My first attempt at Photoshop. :p A little gift for our beloved Nole. :angel:

:confused: Can you explain more with "go with the flow"?

Noleta
06-14-2009, 05:25 PM
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww10/pica_pica_ajde/09wimby_goodlucknole.gif

My first attempt at Photoshop. :p A little gift for our beloved Nole. :angel:

:confused: Can you explain more with "go with the flow"?

Hum...play with no pressure just adapt to each situation in a relaxed way:shrug:

Btw that picture is my scree saver:p

pica_pica
06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Yay, Noleta....I love that picture so much :kiss:

okay...so it's like....asking Nole to play his natural game on natural grass?

Noleta
06-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Yay, Noleta....I love that picture so much :kiss:

okay...so it's like....asking Nole to play his natural game on natural grass?

Yeah something like that and for us to accept his game whether it's good or shite:p

Amber Spyglass
06-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Yeah something like that and for us to accept his game whether it's good or shite:p

:yeah:Well, it gets my vote

*I love this forum,we're all so brutally honest,it's refreshing:D*

*Ljubica*
06-14-2009, 06:55 PM
A Wimbledon thread :inlove: Brave girl Raine! And I'm fine with "go with the flow" too :shrug:

Nice picture pica_pica.

ellewoods
06-15-2009, 04:53 AM
I hope you starting the thread brings him tonnes of luck :nerner:

I can't decide whose half I want Nole to be in - Rafa's or Roger's?

*Raine
06-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Pica_pica: I love that pic, can you make me a Djokovic blend? :D I'll use it on another forum.

Noleta: Thanks for the idea. :D

Elle: :nerner: I made the 100 + sports thread and guess what? Penguins won. :angel::woohoo:
:dance: Hopefully it will be the same. :spit:

ellen_
06-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Good luck to Raine and Nole! :banana:

pica_pica
06-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Pica_pica: I love that pic, can you make me a Djokovic blend? :D I'll use it on another forum.

Noleta: Thanks for the idea. :D

Elle: :nerner: I made the 100 + sports thread and guess what? Penguins won. :angel::woohoo:
:dance: Hopefully it will be the same. :spit:
:cuckoo: Erm...what's a "Djokovic blend"?

Amber Spyglass
06-15-2009, 12:54 PM
I hope you starting the thread brings him tonnes of luck :nerner:

I can't decide whose half I want Nole to be in - Rafa's or Roger's?
I'll be happy if he gets as far as meeting either of them:p

ellewoods
06-15-2009, 01:03 PM

True words.

pica_pica
06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
:yeah: So true. Even better if he can meet more than one. :lol:

*Raine
06-15-2009, 02:14 PM
:cuckoo: Erm...what's a "Djokovic blend"?

Blend can also mean a banner or a siggy :). Sorry for confusing you. :o I don't know if my friend on another forum can make me one since she's busy, so I asked you. ;)

carlhiro
06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I will now put on my game face.

Wimbledon is on! Go Nole!

*Raine
06-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I will now put on my game face.

Wimbledon is on! Go Nole!

Kababayan :wavey: :p

carlhiro
06-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Kababayan :wavey: :p

:wavey:

Star Sports na ang Main Station ng TV sa kwarto ko ngayon. LOL.

pica_pica
06-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Blend can also mean a banner or a siggy :). Sorry for confusing you. :o I don't know if my friend on another forum can make me one since she's busy, so I asked you. ;)
Oh....my Photoshop skills might be too primitive at the moment to make a nice one :lol:....but I'll try....maybe in the following month :p

Baghdatis#1
06-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Go Nole!

*Raine
06-15-2009, 08:10 PM
:wavey:

Star Sports na ang Main Station ng TV sa kwarto ko ngayon. LOL.

Sa amin din :lol:. Dapat ayusin nila kung hindi, lagot sila sa akin. :p

Oh....my Photoshop skills might be too primitive at the moment to make a nice one :lol:....but I'll try....maybe in the following month :p

Okay but remember I'm the first in line. :D

Go Nole!

And good luck to my second favorite player too. Marcos! :D

pi21312
06-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah.....Go with the flow then you can go comfortably with ur Jelena on ur yacht =]]
I'm so curious about the draw ... This time Nole might be in Nadal's hal and it'd be tough

ellen_
06-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah.....Go with the flow then you can go comfortably with ur Jelena on ur yacht =]]
I'm so curious about the draw ... This time Nole might be in Nadal's hal and it'd be tough

I already thought I knew you from somewhere when you introduced yourself on Ernie's board :lol: And I think I saw you on Del Potro's board too. So we like the same players :yeah:

pi21312
06-16-2009, 11:41 AM
I already thought I knew you from somewhere when you introduced yourself on Ernie's board :lol: And I think I saw you on Del Potro's board too. So we like the same players :yeah:

oh men.This thread is not suitable to talk about that :lol: Oh we r spamming :)) Yep I'm on Ernie's and Delpo's board too.So glad that we have that many things in common :wavey: Actualy i dont have much time to sulf web everyday, so i just join the boards of the players i like the most.I like Rafa and Gilles Simon too, a litlle bit like Mario Ancic (because thay r handsome :eek: hehe ) Just kidding :p

Amber Spyglass
06-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Here's what Novak said today-"Because last year I had been eliminated from the second round,but also because I do not play at all at my best level now,I can definately not see myself anymore as a favourite for the title at Wimbledon.":sad:It doesn't sound good, i hope he can pick himself up.

ellewoods
06-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Seems confidence levels at a new all-time low. I miss cocky Novak :sad:

Amber Spyglass
06-16-2009, 12:15 PM
I've never had such low expectations going into a Grandslam:sad:.It feels so weird,i can't even get excited because i'm afraid it could go so bad:bigcry:.I think i'm going to have to take up watching Laura Bobson or something to try and get over it :tape:

ellewoods
06-16-2009, 12:18 PM
I don't think putting your hopes on a teen with the weight of Britain's expectations on her shoulders is a good alternative :tape:

Amber Spyglass
06-16-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't think putting your hopes on a teen with the weight of Britain's expectations on her shoulders is a good alternative :tape:
No, i didn't mean support her,i meant laughing at her getting smashed by a top ten player in the first round :p.It probably sounds cruel but i need some entertainment this Wimbledon and it doesn't look like Nole is in the mood for providing it:tape:

pi21312
06-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Here's what Novak said today-"Because last year I had been eliminated from the second round,but also because I do not play at all at my best level now,I can definately not see myself anymore as a favourite for the title at Wimbledon.":sad:It doesn't sound good, i hope he can pick himself up.

hmm... i think he just doesnt want to brag.He knows himself.With that he'll play well, not to ignore his rivals, he'll concentrate more. :D ITs really mature i think :angel::angel: Be possitive now!

*Raine
06-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Oh dear.. :tape:
*sends positive vibes to Nole too*

oh men.This thread is not suitable to talk about that :lol: Oh we r spamming :)) Yep I'm on Ernie's and Delpo's board too.So glad that we have that many things in common :wavey: Actualy i dont have much time to sulf web everyday, so i just join the boards of the players i like the most.I like Rafa and Gilles Simon too, a litlle bit like Mario Ancic (because thay r handsome :eek: hehe ) Just kidding :p

Haha looks like we like the same players too - Ernie, Del Potro, Ancic, Simon. :D

Noleta
06-16-2009, 02:07 PM

Sad but true:sad: we only saw glimpses of his best level on clay this year:shrug:but who knows for once going to a tournament and having nothing to lose could work in his favour:)

Novak:hug:

pica_pica
06-16-2009, 07:59 PM
I have no sixth sense this time about how far he can go.......but I guess he will spend most of the time in lesser courts....you know, you have Andy Murray, important guys like Federer and Nadal, plus the ladies to compete with in scheduling....and he's flying under the radar with low expectations.......so I can't really see him being put on Centre Court for many days.....be prepared for some scoreboard watching in case no streams are available....

*Ljubica*
06-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I have no sixth sense this time about how far he can go.......but I guess he will spend most of the time in lesser courts....you know, you have Andy Murray, important guys like Federer and Nadal, plus the ladies to compete with in scheduling....and he's flying under the radar with low expectations.......so I can't really see him being put on Centre Court for many days.....be prepared for some scoreboard watching in case no streams are available....

I don't think you need worry:D Wimbledon has 4 Main Courts (Centre, Number 1, Number 2, and Number 3), and all will have TV coverage on BBC, which means there will be streams. In fact I believe there will be streams on 7 courts this year altogether, and Nole will be on one of those for sure. Wimby is actually very fair with their scheduling - neither Nadal, Federer, Murray or Nole will be put on anything lower than Court 3 I can assure you :D

pi21312
06-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Oh dear.. :tape:
*sends positive vibes to Nole too*

Haha looks like we like the same players too - Ernie, Del Potro, Ancic, Simon. :D

WHOA.iTS A GOOD SIGN THAT WE CAN BE GOOD FRIEND :lol:

@pica: oh you r scaring me .... i hope that *Ljubica* is right :rolleyes::rolleyes: really hope that starsports will not do me a disservice :mad:

Noleta
06-17-2009, 01:32 PM
I don't think you need worry:D Wimbledon has 4 Main Courts (Centre, Number 1, Number 2, and Number 3), and all will have TV coverage on BBC, which means there will be streams. In fact I believe there will be streams on 7 courts this year altogether, and Nole will be on one of those for sure. Wimby is actually very fair with their scheduling - neither Nadal, Federer, Murray or Nole will be put on anything lower than Court 3 I can assure you :D

Yeah but that will be only for people that can use the red button/BbcI:shrug:

*Ljubica*
06-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah but that will be only for people that can use the red button/BbcI:shrug:

You will need the red button to watch on TV yes - but normaly if there are TV cameras on a court, there will be livestreams somewhere :D

Btw - my satellite dish is broken :rolleyes: I got home from work today to find no TV picture at all, and it will take over a week for an Engineer to call out,-so I will have no TV at all for the first week of Wimbledon either - just livestreams like everyone else :rolleyes:

*Raine
06-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Something my friend made (blueberry09 from Idolforums.com):
(PS: Elle, I told her to use your line)

http://i41.tinypic.com/2r61fh3.jpg

view the full size here: http://i41.tinypic.com/r2kqqc.jpg

Noleta
06-17-2009, 07:07 PM
You will need the red button to watch on TV yes - but normaly if there are TV cameras on a court, there will be livestreams somewhere :D

Btw - my satellite dish is broken :rolleyes: I got home from work today to find no TV picture at all, and it will take over a week for an Engineer to call out,-so I will have no TV at all for the first week of Wimbledon either - just livestreams like everyone else :rolleyes:

So sorry Rose:hug: maybe you can complain about not being able to follow A.Murray on his way to win Wimbledon:pi'm sure they'll be there sooner than next Friday:angel:

blueberry09:yeah:i like it:D

*Ljubica*
06-17-2009, 07:47 PM
So sorry Rose:hug: maybe you can complain about not being able to follow A.Murray on his way to win Wimbledon:pi'm sure they'll be there sooner than next Friday:angel:

blueberry09:yeah:i like it:D

:unsure::spit:

carlhiro
06-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Something my friend made (blueberry09 from Idolforums.com):
(PS: Elle, I told her to use your line)

http://i41.tinypic.com/2r61fh3.jpg

view the full size here: http://i41.tinypic.com/r2kqqc.jpg

I love this! Haha. Nakawin ko to ah? Post ko sa PEx. (Haha, nagpaalam pa ako na "magnanakaw" eh).

ellewoods
06-18-2009, 02:25 AM
Niiice work :yeah:

Jade Fox
06-18-2009, 10:10 AM
If Novak has one big advantage is that he's an underdog. I just hope that he takes advantage of this and goes deep into the tournament.

Adje Falcon! :rocker2:

ellewoods
06-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Tomic didn't make the main draw. Australian men fail to please as teenagers. Le sigh.

Noleta
06-18-2009, 05:52 PM
If Novak has one big advantage is that he's an underdog. I just hope that he takes advantage of this and goes deep into the tournament.

Adje Falcon! :rocker2:

I hope you're right:unsure:i'm so nervous about tomorrow's draw:bolt:

pica_pica
06-18-2009, 06:46 PM
I just hope that Rafa is present in the draw.....I really don't care too much which half Nole will be in........I just need to know his first round opponent

Noleta
06-18-2009, 06:56 PM
I just hope that Rafa is present in the draw.....I really don't care too much which half Nole will be in........I just need to know his first round opponent

Doesn't matter in which hald he'll be but i don't want him to face a big server a la D.Ivo:bolt:tough i don't know what is the best draw for him either he's been so unpredictable so far this year:sad:

kalisita
06-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Ajde Nole! :rocker2:

Hoping for a good tournament with better results from last year. Also hoping he'll enjoy his time at Wimby. :)

Draw comes out tomorrow and should be out when I wake up in the morning. Perfect. :dance: Hate waiting for draws. Hope it's a favorable one!

*Ljubica*
06-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Doesn't matter in which hald he'll be but i don't want him to face a big server a la D.Ivo:bolt:tough i don't know what is the best draw for him either he's been so unpredictable so far this year:sad:

Dr. Ivo :unsure: :hysteric:

Ajde Nole - hoping for a kind draw tomorrow.

shuhrat
06-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Experts : Who will win the Wimbledon title (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/wimbledon09/news/story?id=4262587)
I don't know why but I kept smiling, while reading it and finding Nole's pic there. :lol:
(Mario as a sleeper? :rolleyes: *sigh* :sad: :sobbing:)

Please, don't underestimate yourself and your game on this surface. You, of all people should believe in yourself, Nole. :hug: Though I have mixed feelings about you for a while, you can simply prove me wrong and I'll look forward to it. ;)
Get your :cat: together and fight your heart out. :hug: That's all I ask of you. :kiss:
Good luck, ajde Nole!! :bounce::bounce:

P.S.) Yesterday, I saw all the 07 Wimby pics again, and they gave me some positive energy. :D
If you want to do it here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=53452&page=98) the first page of them.

Lee
06-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Experts : Who will win the Wimbledon title (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/wimbledon09/news/story?id=4262587)
I don't know why but I kept smiling, while reading it and finding Nole's pic there. :lol:
(Mario as a sleeper? :rolleyes: *sigh* :sad: :sobbing:)

Please, don't underestimate yourself and your game on this surface. You, of all people should believe in yourself, Nole. :hug: Though I have mixed feelings about you for a while, you can simply prove me wrong and I'll look forward to it. ;)
Get your :cat: together and fight your heart out. :hug: That's all I ask of you. :kiss:
Good luck, ajde Nole!! :bounce::bounce:

P.S.) Yesterday, I saw all the 07 Wimby pics again, and they gave me some positive energy. :D
If you want to do it here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=53452&page=98) the first page of them.

:yeah:

I am not so sure about the so called "experts" since at least one of them doesn't know Mario won't even in the draw/hardly play tennis. :tape:

shuhrat
06-18-2009, 08:08 PM
:yeah:

I am not so sure about the so called "experts" since at least one of them doesn't know Mario won't even in the draw/hardly play tennis. :tape:

:rolls: Maybe that's the reason I don't mind they pick Nole as a early exit or whatever. :lol:
Anyway I miss Mario so much, if only he could manage to play here surprisingly. :awww:

pica_pica
06-18-2009, 08:40 PM
I laughed so hard at the choices for women's prediction :haha:

3 "experts" picked Safina for early exit and 1 picked her as winner! :rolls:

Nole is really under the radar this time..........

FlameOn
06-19-2009, 02:03 AM
God I'm terrible. I've been so busy gushing over Roddick (my golden boy at the moment) and being upset about Nando's early exits (which bumps him down to #3) that I've totally forgotten about Nole! :eek:

Good luck Nole. Can only gain points after last year's exit really.

ellewoods
06-19-2009, 04:18 AM
Yeh I saw those "expert picks" was while I understand why they are picking Novak as an early exit, it still hurts to see it :sad:

Come on Nole, prove everyone wrong! Ajde!

ellewoods
06-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Good move, get some more match play :yeah:

Draw to begin soon. Hope he gets a good draw so that he can at least get a few matches under his belt before facing any dangerous floaters.

MagicMilan
06-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Novak vs. Roger semis :sobbing:
Though it's hard to believe he'll even reach the 2nd week :o

ellen_
06-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Benneteau in R1.

MagicMilan
06-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Benneteau first round, seems ok :)

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Benneteau first round, seems ok :)

Benneteau - big server - loves grass :bolt: I don't think it's that OK at all :unsure:

And no, before anyone asks, I'm not going to Stoke Park (even though it's really near me), because I'm still not well and I'm supposed to rest :rolleyes:

MagicMilan
06-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Benneteau - big server - loves grass :bolt: I don't think it's that OK at all :unsure:
He's had a bad loss this week? :unsure:

ellewoods
06-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Benneteau is okay I guess. Could have been worse. At this stage, unless Nole can get his mind on focus and his footwork adjusted to grass, everyone is going to be a tough opponent.

MagicMilan
06-19-2009, 10:03 AM
If I'm correct, Novak could draw either Simon or Del Potro in the quarters.
Still waiting for the draw :(

shuhrat
06-19-2009, 10:08 AM
If I'm correct, Novak could draw either Simon or Del Potro in the quarters.
Still waiting for the draw :(
Nando in Fed's Q, Roddick in Nadal's Q
So Delpo or Simon.

MagicMilan
06-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Haas and Del Potro in Novak's quarter :(

shuhrat
06-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Then R4 Haas :help: QF Del Pony :scared:

MagicMilan
06-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Nope, Haas and Del Potro are likely to draw in 4r, so Novak could only play one of them. Thank God :rolleyes:

shuhrat
06-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Nope, Haas and Del Potro are likely to draw in 4r, so Novak could only play one of them. Thank God :rolleyes:
:rolls::rolls:
It takes a long time. :zzz:

ellewoods
06-19-2009, 10:41 AM

If he gets to play one of them I'd be ecstatic :tape:

I don't know how I feel about Murray being on Nadal's half. I feel like this gives him a great chance to get to the finals considering Nadal's condition and in case you didn't notice, I would hate that :tape:

shuhrat
06-19-2009, 10:54 AM
The draw is out. Nole's quater
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/draws/ms/r1s3.html
R1 : Benneteau
R2 : Greul or Yani
R3 : Fish or Janko
R4 : Robredo, Schuettler?

MagicMilan
06-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Novak couldn't have asked for a better draw really :shrug:

ellewoods
06-19-2009, 11:05 AM
That's actually a good draw. Now I just hope he can focus and pull off some wins!

So if Rafa plays he starts on Monday right? Which means Nole doesn't start play til Tuesday as he is in the other half. This fantastic considering my exams finish on Tuesday morning :bounce:

Oh my Ellen, just saw that if Ernie gets to 2R he plays Murray :awww:

MagicMilan
06-19-2009, 11:09 AM
In the 4R he could have drawn Robredo, Soderling, Safin and Ferrer.
Jackpot :D

ellewoods
06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Just checked the women's draw...Venus on Dina's side

And Dokic and Stosur will have to play in the 2R :awww: Ana, JJ and Na Li also in Venus' quarter. Siigh all my faves.

arm
06-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Pressure on Nole in Wimby = 0

Just watchh him win it, girls and boys! (:nerner:) :bounce: ;)

And a quite good draw. :)

MagicMilan
06-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Pressure on Nole in Wimby = 0

Just watchh him win it, girls. :bounce: ;)

And a quite good draw. :)
Novak has many non-girls non-gay fans too :p :o

arm
06-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Novak has many non-girls non-gay fans too :p :o

:o I never thought otherwise. :nerner:

*edits the post*

:rolls:

PS: I think I said "girls" because they are the ones who usually freak out and think Nole will lose in R1. :p :unsure:

*Raine
06-19-2009, 11:47 AM
:sobbing: Clement

Running:Free
06-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Novak vs. Roger semis :sobbing:
Though it's hard to believe he'll even reach the 2nd week :o

*nods* Going to take it one match at a time. :scared: :unsure:

Haas again. :shrug: All in Nole's head.

Fish could be hard. Robredo didn't even want to come play :lol: Unsure about DP.

Well, we gonna see, no?

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 11:53 AM
:o I never thought otherwise. :nerner:

*edits the post*

:rolls:

PS: I think I said "girls" because they are the ones who usually freak out and think Nole will lose in R1. :p :unsure:

Would you by any chance be referring to me:p

*Raine
06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
WHOA.iTS A GOOD SIGN THAT WE CAN BE GOOD FRIEND :lol:

@pica: oh you r scaring me .... i hope that *Ljubica* is right :rolleyes::rolleyes: really hope that starsports will not do me a disservice :mad:

:lol:

Star Sports will also show it here. w00t!

I love this! Haha. Nakawin ko to ah? Post ko sa PEx. (Haha, nagpaalam pa ako na "magnanakaw" eh).

Pfft. Yun o! Kailangan magpapalam pa eh kinuha na naman na at pinost sa PEX. :p:angel:

Noleta
06-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Not an easy draw at this time for Novak:unsure:have to wait till his first match to see if his movements has gotten better:)

Good Luck Novak wish you all the best:hug:

njnetswill
06-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Novak please play well and fight and have a good Wimbledon. Please.

Lee
06-19-2009, 04:17 PM

Agree. Hopefully he still sulking after last lost :p

carlhiro
06-19-2009, 05:24 PM
:lol:

Star Sports will also show it here. w00t!

Pfft. Yun o! Kailangan magpapalam pa eh kinuha na naman na at pinost sa PEX. :p:angel:

Haha. nagpaalam muna ako sayo bago ko ipost dun. :D

Anyways, naiiyak ako sa draw ni Nole. He got Federer, which wants his Wimby's title back. And he got Haas on QF.

Is Julien Benneteau good in grass?

Oh, I just hope he reaches the 2nd week this time.

shuhrat
06-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Today world number four Novak Djokovic was beaten by world number 10 Fernando Gonzalez by two sets to one in an exhibition match.
I wish he had won it to boost his confidence, though it's just a exibition match or for fun. Maybe he tried some new tactics there. :) Come on, Nole! :hug:

Why So Serious?
06-19-2009, 06:53 PM
I somehow have a good feeling that he's gonna do lot's better than last year :)

pica_pica
06-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Let's hope you're right ;)
I'm too scared to consult my sixth sense right now. I'd be realistic and take it round by round :)
Ajde Nole!!! 1R Benneteau!!! :rocker2:

Noleta
06-19-2009, 07:40 PM
:sad:this is really seriuous and sucks too:tears:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8085394.stm

Jade Fox
06-19-2009, 07:43 PM

If this year's Wimbledon is anything like this year's French Open then continue to expect the unexpected! The media and some Nole fans expect him to exit early so...:devil:

pica_pica
06-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Still so sad about Rafito :sad: :hug:

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this, but found it in the Exhibitions Forum, from poster theshires:-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8741358&postcount=74

Some friends were at Boodles today but only for a couple of hours.

Gonzo beat Nole 7'6(7), 6'7(6) and 10'6 in their match.
Apparently Gonzo seemed to have a bit of a cold and had tape under his right knee; was hitting well.
Djoko serving very well; slipped a couple of times on the grass but seemed OK.
Both players were in a jokey mood.

Gilles Simon took the first set 6'4 off Troicki. Troicki hitting groundstrokes a bit too long; Simon first serve not so great.

That's all I have.

pica_pica
06-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Both in joking mood........nice to hear that :D
I think they had a very nice practise together :)

Lee
06-19-2009, 08:06 PM
So the last set is a superTB. Base on the SL, the match would go either way.

shuhrat
06-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks, Rosie. :) It sounds like he had a good time to relax. :D

Noleta
06-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this, but found it in the Exhibitions Forum, from poster theshires:-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8741358&postcount=74

Some friends were at Boodles today but only for a couple of hours.

Gonzo beat Nole 7'6(7), 6'7(6) and 10'6 in their match.
Apparently Gonzo seemed to have a bit of a cold and had tape under his right knee; was hitting well.
Djoko serving very well; slipped a couple of times on the grass but seemed OK.
Both players were in a jokey mood.

Gilles Simon took the first set 6'4 off Troicki. Troicki hitting groundstrokes a bit too long; Simon first serve not so great.

That's all I have.

Why So Serious?
06-19-2009, 09:42 PM
If this year's Wimbledon is anything like this year's French Open then continue to expect the unexpected! The media and some Nole fans expect him to exit early so...:devil:

Could be, media always needs to write something don't you agree, I didn't read nothing about Nadal before the FO and see what happened!?
It seems that Nole is this year's expected top-seed to exit first, because..well, we all know that he "struggled" (reaching 6 finals though) the most of the top 4 so far this season and a R2 exit last year doesn't make you a favourite for the title this year. But as you say; expect the unexpected! I just have this good feeling that he's gonna do lot's better and that's something I wanted to share with the Novak fans here;)

carlhiro
06-20-2009, 12:03 AM
^

Changes in the draw.

Delpo out of Nole's Quarter, Blake is now on Delpo's place. But still, Haas is on his Quarter.

ellewoods
06-20-2009, 02:09 AM
So sad that Rafa has withdrawn :sad: But I guess on the bright side Nole has benefited from the withdrawal and Fed also has a chance to reclaim the top spot and restore order.

Is there a possibility that Rafa might drop to #3?

schorsch
06-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Wimbledon 2009 - A True Story

Once upon a time there was a Wimbledon Center Court. It was quite hydrophobic, so its caretakers decided to build a roof on it.
After a successful test by former champions Graf and Agassi the roof seemed to be ready for use and thus was to be used during the next Championships.
Little did they know that it would rain the entire fortnight. How fortunate they had decided to cover the the Center Court just that year!

The day of the final approached and Roger Federer had played five of his matches and Andy Murray six on Center Court being on different sides of the draw. Novak Djokovic who never put a foot on Center Court found himself having to play five matches in a row in one day to reach the semifinals.
Once there a fresh Roger Federer would be his opponent. Roger Federer won in straight sets. The same day Andy Murray would play him in the final and beat him to win his first Grand Slam title.
Murray would step into the pressroom:"Yes, I am very happy to win my first Grand Slam. I think I played well, made him run and whatnot. Thanks, got to go now." Murray was never to be found again after being run over by roughly a million British journalists.
When asked by the press what went wrong Roger complained: "It's so unfair! I had to play two matches in one day and also it was different conditions from the previous years as I have never played under a roof at Wimbledon. I don't even want to talk about all the pressure I had on me, because Rafa withdrew and I was the clearcut favourite to win. Also the British crowd helped Murray today and all their uuuuhs and ahhhhs resulted in exhaling which made it quite windy out there. The fact that he had played one day before and all of his matches were scheduled on Center Court even though he hasn't won a Grand Slam title didn't help either. Oh and another thing. I thought that Sampras was my friend, but seeing him in the stands made me nervous. He probably doesn't want me to win more Grand Slams than him after all. All in all I can say that maybe next year people will learn from their mistakes and make it more comfortable for me. That's all I have to say really." "Poor Roger," the journalists said and sighed.
Djokovic was not able to give interviews as he was so exhausted he couldn't even talk. Rumours said that he was just faking the exhaustion, so that he wouldn't have to talk to the media. After all if you aren't fit enough you shouldn't play the wise Roger had once said.
The End

Sry, I couldn't resist :sobbing:

*Ljubica*
06-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Could be, media always needs to write something don't you agree, I didn't read nothing about Nadal before the FO and see what happened!?
It seems that Nole is this year's expected top-seed to exit first, because..well, we all know that he "struggled" (reaching 6 finals though) the most of the top 4 so far this season and a R2 exit last year doesn't make you a favourite for the title this year. But as you say; expect the unexpected! I just have this good feeling that he's gonna do lot's better and that's something I wanted to share with the Novak fans here;)

I hope you are right :D

cocrcici
06-20-2009, 11:33 AM
just have this good feeling that he's gonna do lot's better and that's something I wanted to share with the Novak fans here
x2
:)

carlhiro
06-20-2009, 11:41 AM

Once upon a time there was a Wimbledon Center Court. It was quite hydrophobic, so its caretakers decided to build a roof on it.
After a successful test by former champions Graf and Agassi the roof seemed to be ready for use and thus was to be used during the next Championships.
Little did they know that it would rain the entire fortnight. How fortunate they had decided to cover the the Center Court just that year!

The day of the final approached and Roger Federer had played five of his matches and Andy Murray six on Center Court being on different sides of the draw. Novak Djokovic who never put a foot on Center Court found himself having to play five matches in a row in one day to reach the semifinals.
Once there a fresh Roger Federer would be his opponent. Roger Federer won in straight sets. The same day Andy Murray would play him in the final and beat him to win his first Grand Slam title.
Murray would step into the pressroom:"Yes, I am very happy to win my first Grand Slam. I think I played well, made him run and whatnot. Thanks, got to go now." Murray was never to be found again after being run over by roughly a million British journalists.
When asked by the press what went wrong Roger complained: "It's so unfair! I had to play two matches in one day and also it was different conditions from the previous years as I have never played under a roof at Wimbledon. I don't even want to talk about all the pressure I had on me, because Rafa withdrew and I was the clearcut favourite to win. Also the British crowd helped Murray today and all their uuuuhs and ahhhhs resulted in exhaling which made it quite windy out there. The fact that he had played one day before and all of his matches were scheduled on Center Court even though he hasn't won a Grand Slam title didn't help either. Oh and another thing. I thought that Sampras was my friend, but seeing him in the stands made me nervous. He probably doesn't want me to win more Grand Slams than him after all. All in all I can say that maybe next year people will learn from their mistakes and make it more comfortable for me. That's all I have to say really." "Poor Roger," the journalists said and sighed.
Djokovic was not able to give interviews as he was so exhausted he couldn't even talk. Rumours said that he was just faking the exhaustion, so that he wouldn't have to talk to the media. After all if you aren't fit enough you shouldn't play the wise Roger had once said.
The End

at least Nole reached the semis in this story.

ellewoods
06-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Nole will start on Monday. This sucks because I definitely won't be able to watch it given I have an exam on Tuesday morning. Siigh :sad:

carlhiro
06-20-2009, 02:23 PM
ooh. The first day? It will be sleepless nights all over again!

pica_pica
06-20-2009, 03:10 PM

The End

This story should be circulated around to make sure that the Wimbledon officials don't dare do the thing

*Ljubica*
06-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Nole will start on Monday. This sucks because I definitely won't be able to watch it given I have an exam on Tuesday morning. Siigh :sad:

:awww: If it helps, I'm not that happy with it either :sad: Basically it means that should he get so far, he will play his 3rd round on Friday now and not on Saturday - and Saturday is the only day I could have gone :rolleyes: Good luck with the exam anyway.

pica_pica
06-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm happy that the bottom half is to play first tbh.....

Lee
06-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Doesn't matter to me as I will leave on Wednesday, so I can only watch on Monday and Tuesday. And will be totally stressed out with packing anyway.

With ESPN and NBC coverage, I am not even sure if there'll be multicourts. If not, the chance of watching Nole will be even slimmer so very likely rely on live stream.

ellewoods
06-21-2009, 03:03 AM
:awww: If it helps, I'm not that happy with it either :sad: Basically it means that should he get so far, he will play his 3rd round on Friday now and not on Saturday - and Saturday is the only day I could have gone :rolleyes: Good luck with the exam anyway.

How come you can't go on Friday? Don't you WAH then? You could just WAW - Work at Wimbledon :angel:

Thanks hun. It will be my last exam (my first being tomorrow :scared:) and then I can watch as much tennis as I want!

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 11:17 AM
How come you can't go on Friday? Don't you WAH then? You could just WAW - Work at Wimbledon :angel:

Thanks hun. It will be my last exam (my first being tomorrow :scared:) and then I can watch as much tennis as I want!

Because that's the day I've booked my TV engineer to come and sort out my satellite dish (had to wait 2 weeks for an appointment, can't change it now :rolleyes: ), plus I have a Doctor's appointment first thing in the morning for some tests that have to be done within a 24 hour period, and they're not open on a Saturday. So although I will be WAH - it will really be at home :sad:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm really glad that finally I get to see tennis on tv again. :rocker2:

ellewoods
06-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Because that's the day I've booked my TV engineer to come and sort out my satellite dish (had to wait 2 weeks for an appointment, can't change it now :rolleyes: ), plus I have a Doctor's appointment first thing in the morning for some tests that have to be done within a 24 hour period, and they're not open on a Saturday. So although I will be WAH - it will really be at home :sad:

I hope the tests arent for anything too serious and that there arent too many needles involved! :hug:

OOP has been released - Nole is third on centre court.

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 01:01 PM
I hope the tests arent for anything too serious and that there arent too many needles involved! :hug:

OOP has been released - Nole is third on centre court.

Third on is good :D I'll be home from work in time.

Noleta
06-21-2009, 01:21 PM

Rose:hug:

Novak should be on court around 16H:scratch:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Sleepless nights for us Asians again. :dance: Bring it.

Third on is good :D I'll be home from work in time.

:help: :sobbing: I am afraid of needles. I don't even look at it when I have my flu shot. When I had the dengue fever they struggled looking for a vein on my left hand, so they transferred it to the right, as if it wasn't painful the first time already. :help:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Rose:hug:

Novak should be on court around 16H:scratch:

I would say probably slightly later :shrug: Play starts on Centre Court at 2.00pm CET and there is a mens' and a ladies' match before him. More like 5.00pm or 6.00pm for you I would think :shrug:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 01:35 PM

:help: :sobbing: I am afraid of needles. I don't even look at it when I have my flu shot. When I had the dengue fever they struggled looking for a vein on my left hand, so they transferred it to the right, as if it wasn't painful the first time already. :help:

:awww: :hug: I don't exactly love them either - not sure anyone does :shrug: I am kind of used to them now though - just look away and think of Miljan or something to keep my mind occupied :D

Noleta
06-21-2009, 01:36 PM
I would say probably slightly later :shrug: Play starts on Centre Court at 2.00pm CET and there is a mens' and a ladies' match before him. More like 5.00pm or 6.00pm for you I would think :shrug:

Not the best of time at all if he start around 18pm:tears:i want to see his first match:armed:i'll find something tomorrow:)

Ajde Novak:bounce:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Not the best of time at all if he start around 18pm:tears:i want to see his first match:armed:i'll find something tomorrow:)

Ajde Novak:bounce:

Good luck :hug: Guess a lot will depend on how quickly Roger can dispense with Lu in the 1st match of the day. :shrug:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Good luck :hug: Guess a lot will depend on how quickly Roger can dispense with Lu in the 1st match of the day. :shrug:

Lu:scratch:he must be done after an hour or so:pand why do they start so late:smash:in other slams they start at 11am:confused:

carlhiro
06-21-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm really glad that finally I get to see tennis on tv again. :rocker2:

hurray for star sports!

and we will get some commentaries from Vijay. "Vijay on the spot" FTW!

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Lu:scratch:he must be done after an hour or so:pand why do they start so late:smash:in other slams they start at 11am:confused:

Well all other courts start at 11.00am, but Centre starts at 1.00pm. It's called "tradition" :rolleyes: and one of the things I loathe about Wimbledon. The holder of the trophy (or in this case last year's runner-up because Nadal retired), has to walk out on court at 1.00pm on the first Monday to start Centre Court proceedings - and NOTHING can stop it. :rolleyes:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 01:53 PM
hurray for star sports!

and we will get some commentaries from Vijay. "Vijay on the spot" FTW!

:lol: He's a huge fan of Federer right? I do love his commentaries though. I'm sure we'll see the Rolex commersial again.

:awww: :hug: I don't exactly love them either - not sure anyone does :shrug: I am kind of used to them now though - just look away and think of Miljan or something to keep my mind occupied :D

:angel::aplot::secret: Nevermind

Noleta
06-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Well all other courts start at 11.00am, but Centre starts at 1.00pm. It's called "tradition" :rolleyes: and one of the things I loathe about Wimbledon. The holder of the trophy (or in this case last year's runner-up because Nadal retired), has to walk out on court at 1.00pm on the first Monday to start Centre Court proceedings - and NOTHING can stop it. :rolleyes:

I understand:lol:

carlhiro
06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
:lol: He's a huge fan of Federer right? I do love his commentaries though. I'm sure we'll see the Rolex commersial again.

All of Star Sports are Fed fans. :haha: *hello Georgina Chang!*

I've seen the Rolex Commercial earlier while I was watching the Wimbledon Previews. Tennis in suit FTW! I'm not a fan of Fed though.

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 02:34 PM
I understand:lol:

Btw - thinking of tradition, have you seen Roger's new Wimbledon outfit? :rolleyes: He looks like a waiter on a cruise liner to me :o

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs111.snc1/4816_90364419940_64760994940_1811111_7734897_n.jpg

*Raine
06-21-2009, 02:41 PM
All of Star Sports are Fed fans. :haha: *hello Georgina Chang!*

I've seen the Rolex Commercial earlier while I was watching the Wimbledon Previews. Tennis in suit FTW! I'm not a fan of Fed though.

:haha:Georgina Chang - patay na patay ata kay Federer yun eh.

Oh right, I am going to watch the Wimbledon Preview. *turns on the channel*

Noleta
06-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Btw - thinking of tradition, have you seen Roger's new Wimbledon outfit? :rolleyes: He looks like a waiter on a cruise liner to me :o

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs111.snc1/4816_90364419940_64760994940_1811111_7734897_n.jpg

I like the jacket minus the gold letters:spit:and he does he only needs a matching hat:lol:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm watching the Wimbledon Preview right now. It was nice to see Tim.

Carl: I finally saw the new Rolex commercial of Federer. That was cool. :lol:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/articles/2009-06-21/200906211245593575617.html

The other Centre Court showpiece involves Serbia's Novak Djokovic, pride of Serbia and fourth in the world, against Julien Benneteau of France. The 27-year-old Benneteau, who knows a good cheese when he sees one, having been born within smelling distance of one of his nation's finest at Bourg en Bresse, is ranked 80th in the world. In Britain this would have people talking up his chances of enduring fame, but in France Julien, who operates under the mysterious nickname of Muffle, is ony his country's twelfth-best.

Will Muffle stifle the energetic Novak, winner of one Grand Slam already (Australia 2008) and favoured to add to that total soon? Don't put money, or cheese, on it. Djokovic, seeded fourth, finds himself on the less fortunate side of the draw along with Federer while Andy Murray, who overtook Djokovic as world number three this year, dropped more conveniently into the half which no longer contains Nadal, the 2008 champion.

Muffle:spit: hope Novak won't cut his hair short like he did last year when he played Safin:bolt:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 03:24 PM
"energetic Novak" :tape:

Have they been watching his interview about Jenna Jameson by any chance? :angel:

As for Muffle...... :confused: I love the "knows a good cheese when he sees one" comment though :lol:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 03:34 PM
"energetic Novak" :tape:

Have they been watching his interview about Jenna Jameson by any chance? :angel:

As for Muffle...... :confused: I love the "knows a good cheese when he sees one" comment though :lol:

Lol maybe:lol:

Is Muffle a word:scratch:i don't like the smell of cheese yuk:tape:

They're showing the final of last year between Fed and Rafa:)

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Lol maybe:lol:

Is Muffle a word:scratch:i don't like the smell of cheese yuk:tape:

They're showing the final of last year between Fed and Rafa:)

Well yes it is - it's usually used when talking about sound - if you "muffle" sound you try to make it more quiet or hide it in some way. But how on earth it became anyone's nickname I surely can't imagine :shrug:

~Maya~
06-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Last push before your big vacation Nole. Please play your inspired tennis. :rocker2:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Last push before your big vacation Nole. Please play your inspired tennis. :rocker2:

Hope he won't be thinking about that:scared:

Lee
06-21-2009, 06:25 PM

So it's reasonable morning for me :woohoo:

As Rose said, one will get use to it :p

When I was a teenager, I had problem with my bronchiole. The treatment was injecting medication into my blood stream 3 times a week in my doctor's clinic. Each time last about 10 minutes :tape:

My sister-in-law was the kind that almost faint seeing a needle but after her first pregnancy, it's a walk-in-park for her. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 06:56 PM

Maja :hug: Great to see you here again. Hope all is well with you.

Lee
06-21-2009, 07:03 PM
I am thinking the Federer/Lu match will be 2 hours including warmups and Serena's will be an hour :p So it'll be after 4pm which is 8am for me.

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 07:16 PM
I am thinking the Federer/Lu match will be 2 hours including warmups and Serena's will be an hour :p So it'll be after 4pm which is 8am for me.

I figured about the same - which is around 17.00 CET - maybe slightly later if Roger takes a few games to warm up :o

*Raine
06-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Lu is playing Federer? Go Lu!! Carry the flag of the Asians. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Novak didn't give an interview before the start of the tournament:scratch:

Lee
06-21-2009, 07:27 PM
He's really under the radar. :p

Lee
06-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Lu is playing Federer? Go Lu!! Carry the flag of the Asians. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I will happily cheer for him if I get up in 5am. :p

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 07:29 PM
It's amazing - I was reading the Sunday paper earlier today, and Nole just doesn't get mentioned at all - it's all Federer and Murray, with del Potro or Tsonga mentioned as the men most likely to cause an upset :rolleyes: It's like Nole doesn't even exist :sad:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 07:30 PM
He's really under the radar. :p

Waaaaaaay under it:pbless him no one seem interested in hearing his thoughts:awww::hug::p

Noleta
06-21-2009, 07:31 PM
It's amazing - I was reading the Sunday paper earlier today, and Nole just doesn't get mentioned at all - it's all Federer and Murray, with del Potro or Tsonga mentioned as the men most likely to cause an upset :rolleyes: It's like Nole doesn't even exist :sad:

For us he does:hug::Dall the respect for Tsonga and DelPo but they're not that good on grass:shrug:even Novak is better than them even if he is playing crap.

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 07:32 PM
For us he does:hug::D

But of course - just hope he slips right the way under the radar to the trophy :D

Noleta
06-21-2009, 07:35 PM
But of course - just hope he slips right the way under the radar to the trophy :D

Ajdemo Nole:rocker::bounce:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 07:37 PM
I will happily cheer for him if I get up in 5am. :p

:rocker2:

Running:Free
06-21-2009, 07:40 PM

Which is smack in the middle of the day for me :( :p

Waaaaaaay under it:pbless him no one seem interested in hearing his thoughts:awww::hug::p

Hopefully he'll be thinking about better things than rankings, pressure and expectations :p Maybe being ignored will even make him :armed:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Which is smack in the middle of the day for me :( :p

Hopefully he'll be thinking about better things than rankings, pressure and expectations :p Maybe being ignored will even make him :armed:

Those things were/are his downfull:bigcry:

pica_pica
06-21-2009, 08:15 PM
What about this?

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/articles/2009-06-19/200906191245419055046.html?promo=rss

tangerine_dream posted this on GM some time before.......but strangely I can't find this article if I start from the Wimby homepage :o so I guess the media can't find it too......the Wimby IT people forgot to provide a link to this article

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 08:20 PM
What about this?

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/articles/2009-06-19/200906191245419055046.html?promo=rss

tangerine_dream posted this on GM some time before.......but strangely I can't find this article if I start from the Wimby homepage :o so I guess the media can't find it too......the Wimby IT people forgot to provide a link to this article

It's a good article - thanks:)

shuhrat
06-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Still, A die-hard expert picked him as one of the semifinalists. :eek:
(:secret: Even as a Nole fan, I'm surprised at his forecast. :lol:)
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewrap/2009/06/fortnight-forecast-the-gentlemen.html

Is Novak Djokovic a sleeper in the making? After being tapped as most likely to defeat Nadal at the French—remember those days?—he's officially the forgotten man in London. He's even said he's still recovering—mentally, I assume—from his titanic loss to Nadal in Madrid last month. But Djokovic may be better off than we think. He reached the final off a grass-court tune-up, and he looked pretty comfortable in practice today, snapping ground strokes off with a more penetrating topspin than I'd remembered from him. With his speed and ability to take the ball early, grass really should work for this guy. His quarter got a little lighter when del Potro was replaced by James Blake, a dangerous player who, fortunately for Djokovic, will likely lose before he has to face him.

Maybe this should be dubbed the sleeper section. Tommy Haas, who beat Djokovic in that grass event, and 6-foot-6 Marin Cilic certainly qualify. Still, no one in this quarter looks ready to blow Djokovic off the court, the way Safin did in the second round in 2008.

Noleta
06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
What about this?

Thanks for posting this it's a nice read for a change:p

pica_pica
06-21-2009, 08:24 PM
actually most of the "experts" picked him as a semifinalist.......can understand why though....all others look as unlikely as Nole to be a semifinalist :shrug: if they are forced to pick one it's always safer to follow the seeding

Noleta
06-21-2009, 08:26 PM

Some people are just very optimistic:p

Noleta
06-21-2009, 08:28 PM
actually most of the "experts" picked him as a semifinalist.......can understand why though....all others look as unlikely as Nole to be a semifinalist :shrug: if they are forced to pick one it's always safer to follow the seeding

And the rest did perdict an early exit:p

shuhrat
06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh, I have to admit actually I read a couple of articles about WB before that, because I wouldn't like to give a shit what they think. :tape: That one was just found on my rss feed lists. :p

jitterbug
06-22-2009, 03:02 AM

:clap2: :clap2: I'll definitely cheer for him. He's a really nice, hardworking guy. Pretty old-fashioned too - he shook my hands every time I met him at the AO this year, it took me by surprise the first time :lol:

Don't worry, in the past he seemed to take poorly to the 'favourite' status - he performed best when pundits don't rate him highly (maybe appeals to his inner sense of inat :unsure:) so hopefully it's a good sign this time.

Stephie Cesc
06-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Ajde Nole!! :bounce: Go and prove that you're still one of the best in the business :rocker2: Good luck :hug:

rica87
06-22-2009, 09:41 AM
What about this?

that was a really nice article! and so true! thank you. :) I hope he will play his best tennis again! he can do it! :rocker2:

pica_pica
06-22-2009, 10:21 AM
oh the Wimby website finally provides a link to that article I posted :rolls:
I see that the Wimbledon Radio is on air already before all matches start...but I stopped listening to it after 10 seconds...they just can't stop talking about their boy :rolleyes:

*Raine
06-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Star Sports :rolleyes::mad::fiery:

Just because Mirza is Asian doesn't mean you have to show her right now. Kthxbye :o

Like Steph said, Vijay probably chose it. :haha: Vijay on the spot!
(I like Vijay's commentaries though)

Lee
06-22-2009, 12:35 PM
I saw Lu struggled to hold serve at 1-2 and finally hold. Turned my head and suddenly he's up a break vs Fed :eek:

But now BP for Fed.

Herdwick
06-22-2009, 12:40 PM
:secret: I rather like Roger's outfit

I must be in tolerant mood. But let us not get distracted from the essentials :D

"Murray used a back entrance to slip onto practice court 22, which is out of sight of all media & spectators."

Bless - I do feel for him - the press here is just barking.:rolleyes:

jitterbug
06-22-2009, 01:03 PM
I saw Lu struggled to hold serve at 1-2 and finally hold. Turned my head and suddenly he's up a break vs Fed :eek:

But now BP for Fed.

I'm amazed he managed to make it a tight set against Fed :unsure: His brother said he's suffering from a liver infection and apparently was only cleared to step on court a couple of days ago.

Lee
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm amazed he managed to make it a tight set against Fed :unsure: His brother said he's suffering from a liver infection and apparently was only cleared to step on court a couple of days ago.

:eek:

jitterbug
06-22-2009, 01:11 PM
:eek:

Lu's luck with injuries is almost as bad as Ancic's and Baggy's :unsure: Apparently when he was younger he used to overplay even when badly injured because his dad passed away when he was 17 and his brother was still in uni then, ie: not making money, so the sole source of income for his family was his tennis prizemoney.

They're not as reliant on him now since his brother's already working and has a family of his own, but I suppose the old injuries never quite went away :awww:

Lee
06-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Old injuries never go away :awww:

Blake was up 5-0 in 3rd set TB and managed to lost 5-7 and the match. :tape:

*Raine
06-22-2009, 01:24 PM
:sobbing: That's too bad for Lu. :awww: :hug:

Lee
06-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Fed finished his match right on schedule. Let's see if Serena adheres to the time estimate Rose and I have. :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Fed finished his match right on schedule. Let's see if Serena adheres to the time estimate Rose and I have. :lol:

She's 3-0 up so far, so seems to be behaving herself. I'm watching Soderling though - cannot stand Serena :spit:

*Raine
06-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I want to see Soderling's match. Argh.

Rose: Tell me if you see Magnus :inlove:. They are showing Serena here. :sad:

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I want to see Soderling's match. Argh.

Rose: Tell me if you see Magnus :inlove:. They are showing Serena here. :sad:

I haven't seen him yet :shrug:

Lee
06-22-2009, 02:44 PM
She's 3-0 up so far, so seems to be behaving herself. I'm watching Soderling though - cannot stand Serena :spit:

Only ESPN2 on TV :sobbing:

But they are showing the chokefest of LaLo vs Karol Beck here. 7-7 in 5th but Beck was serving for the match at 5-4.

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Only ESPN2 on TV :sobbing:

But they are showing the chokefest of LaLo vs Karol Beck here. 7-7 in 5th but Beck was serving for the match at 5-4.

We have that too - interractive shows 5 matches and I'm kind of flicking between them, - though because I still have lots of problems with my satellite dish (engineer comes out on Friday), I keep on losing picture altogether :o

Wow :eek: Golubev just took a set off the SB :eek:

ellewoods
06-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Herdwick! You;re back. Was wondering when you would return :hug: :secret: without you it's just me and pica with our Fed love :lol:

I won't be around for Nole's match (:sad:) as I have an exam early tomorrow morning. My head hurts from studying so much so I bid you all adieu :) :wavey:

Ajde Nole!! :rocker2:

Lee
06-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I am looking forward to Rainer and X-man match on court 18 but K.Beck and F.Lopez don't want to let go. :rolleyes: They probably won't finish by the time Nole starts playing. :lol:

Lee
06-22-2009, 02:54 PM
GL elle for your exam.

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Elle - good luck :hug:

I now have Janko :hearts: on my livestream. Thanks to Jelena who reminded me it was on live on Serbian TV which means I can watch it on BalkanYUm TV :D

*Raine
06-22-2009, 03:04 PM
I haven't seen him yet :shrug:

Check the chat thread Rose. :D:D ;)

dhs fdsh lkfdsljf :haha: :angel:

Lee
06-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Serena is following our schedule, Rose! :shrug:

edit: isn't, not is. :p

jitterbug
06-22-2009, 03:09 PM
I won't be around for Nole's match (:sad:) as I have an exam early tomorrow morning. My head hurts from studying so much so I bid you all adieu :) :wavey:

My friend said it's going to rain tomorrow - I don't fancy the muddy trek across the John's Oval to my exam room :lol: 9am papers :armed:

Good luck!

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Serena is following our schedule, Rose! :shrug:

Good girl :yeah:

Lee
06-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Just found out Mucho/Monaco match is on live stream.

Mucho serving for the match after 2 sets down :eek:

Lee
06-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Good girl :yeah:

Ooops, I meant she isn't following our schedule. 4-4 in 2nd set.

:woohoo: Mucho won't after 2 sets down. :woohoo:

I know, nobody care he wins here :p

pi21312
06-22-2009, 03:18 PM
hmm when is Nole playing ?
:lol: i know that its a silly question but i'm so confused.The Novak official site says its 18.30 CEt but the livescore says its 1-hour earlier :lol:

Lee
06-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Nole has to wait after Serena/Silva match to finish. Serena has a match point right now

And she put an easy bh volley into the net. Thank you Serena :rolleyes:

pi21312
06-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Nole has to wait after Serena/Silva match to finish. Serena has a match point right now

And she put an easy bh volley into the net. Thank you Serena :rolleyes:

win it serena :worship:

Lee
06-22-2009, 03:25 PM
She won.

Nole next up.

pica_pica
06-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Serena finished hers! So Novak time!

Proud of Lu today. He has tried his best :) And Roger impressive as usual

Ajde Nole!!!!!!

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Ooops, I meant she isn't following our schedule. 4-4 in 2nd set.

:woohoo: Mucho won't after 2 sets down. :woohoo:

I know, nobody care he wins here :p

Congrats to him :yeah:

Janko is currently leading by 2 sets to 0 :hearts:

*Raine
06-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Come on Robin!!! Don't make Magnus angry. :angel:

And finish it Serena. :o

pi21312
06-22-2009, 03:32 PM
hic pls remind me as soon as the match starts . The volume sucks.Dont know why its mute now :lol:

pica_pica
06-22-2009, 03:32 PM
about 15 mins then Novak's match will start :bounce:

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Nole :inlove:

Herdwick
06-22-2009, 03:34 PM
:wavey: Perfect timing - am home.

Mmmm - haircut and nice new jacket.:D

Totally OT but poor JP and his colleagues have just been told that 6 out of 30 of them will be made redundant by the end of July :sad: A nice welcome back from holiday.:rolleyes:

Lee
06-22-2009, 03:35 PM
I am full of typos today :o

pi21312
06-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks Pica :x

Lee
06-22-2009, 03:38 PM
And Simone is on his way for a comeback from 2 sets down :tape:

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 03:39 PM

Totally OT but poor JP and his colleagues have just been told that 6 out of 30 of them will be made redundant by the end of July :sad: A nice welcome back from holiday.:rolleyes:

:awww: A:hug: for JP. Keeping my fingers crossed that his job will be safe.

pica_pica
06-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Nole :hearts:
Not used to seeing him all white :rolls:

Lee
06-22-2009, 03:43 PM

fingers crossed for JP. :hug:

Herdwick
06-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks - tbh we're better placed than a lot of his colleagues though. My job is well-paid, FT and pretty much 100% safe.

Many of their wives/other halves don't work or work PT and most of them have children :scared:

On a lighter note; not sure I approve of the shorts, rather baggy.

pica_pica
06-22-2009, 03:47 PM
It looks tough already :scared:

Nole!!! :rocker2:

Lee
06-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks ESPN2. Instead of showing the match, they have Gilbert bashed Nole. Finally show the match after first game.

Lee
06-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks - tbh we're better placed than a lot of his colleagues though. My job is well-paid, FT and pretty much 100% safe.

Many of their wives/other halves don't work or work PT and most of them have children :scared:

On a lighter note; not sure I approve of the shorts, rather baggy.

:hug: Understand this perfectly (not the baggy shorts). For my hubby, it's really tough a few years ago that kept seeing people he worked with losing their jobs. At least now the US office is down to barebone and unless they shut down his department, no more layoff.

pica_pica
Nole...another bad hairstyle :help:

1-1

kalisita
:wavey: all!

Hope this match goes well. I actually had a bad dream about it. :o

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Don't like Nole's hair - too short for me :sad:

*Raine
06-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Uhm okay Star Sports, I already saw Magnus plus Robin is leading the 3rd set 4-1 now. No need to show that match.:o:angel:

I want to watch Nole!!!!
(beggars can't be choosers :sad:)

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 03:53 PM
:wavey: all!

Hope this match goes well. I actually had a bad dream about it. :o

:unsure: I'm not comfortable about it either :sad:

Lee
06-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Yes, interview Fish is more important than Nole's match.

pi21312
06-22-2009, 03:55 PM
the livestream, quite a good quality on grass court :D
http://www.fromsport.com/video-37768.html

Well i think his hairstyle is not that bad ;)

pica_pica
06-22-2009, 03:56 PM
he doesn't seem to have found any rhythm in rallies yet :shrug:

carlhiro
06-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Uhm okay Star Sports, I already saw Magnus plus Robin is leading the 3rd set 4-1 now. No need to show that match.:o:angel:

I want to watch Nole!!!!
(beggars can't be choosers :sad:)

Haha. When I saw Magnus Norman, I remembered that I should go here.. so here I am.

Screw Star Sports. I don't want to see Sod's match especially when it coincides with Nole!

Herdwick
06-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I like Nole's hair too but Benneteau's hair is very silly.:lol:

Sadly Nole not convincing so far. :banghead:

Lee
06-22-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't know with his forehand lately. Too SHORT!!!!

pica_pica
06-22-2009, 04:01 PM
wow! beautiful fh dtl to hold at love! :hearts:

kalisita
Easy hold at least. Nice end of game.

*Ljubica*
I like Nole's hair too but Benneteau's hair is very silly.:lol:

Sadly Nole not convincing so far. :banghead:

Give him some time to settle in :D

Ah - Miljan http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-love064.gif

*Raine
06-22-2009, 04:03 PM
F*** YOU STAR SPORTS!!!!

Lee = :mad::mad::mad: It seems that both our channels are so stupid. They are showing Soderling's match here. Sure I want to watch him and see Magnus but hey... Novak is my priority. Argh. Are they still showing Fish there?

Haha. When I saw Magnus Norman, I remembered that I should go here.. so here I am.

Screw Star Sports. I don't want to see Sod's match especially when it coincides with Nole!

ARGH. I hate Star Sports right now. :mad:

Lee
06-22-2009, 04:04 PM
I just can't focus on Nole today. Rainer and Simone are also playing. :p

Lee
06-22-2009, 04:05 PM
F*** YOU STAR SPORTS!!!!

Lee = :mad::mad::mad: Our channels are so stupid. They are showing Soderling's match here. Sure I want to watch him and see Magnus but hey... Novak is my priority. Argh. Are they still showing Fish there?

The interview is over and back to Nole.

Jelena_78
06-22-2009, 04:05 PM
I like the hair :D and white :hearts:

carlhiro
06-22-2009, 04:06 PM
F*** YOU STAR SPORTS!!!!

Lee = :mad::mad::mad: Our channels are so stupid. They are showing Soderling's match here. Sure I want to watch him and see Magnus but hey... Novak is my priority. Argh. Are they still showing Fish there?

I am hating them too. I thought Star Sports was better than Balls.

In consolation: I love the smooth voice of the umpire in Sod's match.

pica_pica
06-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Benneteau....it seems difficult to break him....:scared:

carlhiro
06-22-2009, 04:08 PM
I hope Benneteau is like Yen-Hsun Lu in Fed's match earlier.

*Raine
06-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Okay I might have calmed down a little after seeing Magnus again. :angel::angel::angel: :inlove:

But please show Nole....NOW!!!! :mad::mad:

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 04:09 PM
GSM Janko :woohoo:

carlhiro
06-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Okay I might have calmed down a little after seeing Magnus again. :angel::angel::angel: :inlove:

But please show Nole....NOW!!!! :mad::mad:

I have seen Magnus 2 or 3 times already.

C'MON STAR SPORTS. SODERLING IS GONNA WIN THAT MATCH.. now to Nole's please!

*Raine
06-22-2009, 04:13 PM
I have seen Magnus 2 or 3 times already.

C'MON STAR SPORTS. SODERLING IS GONNA WIN THAT MATCH.. now to Nole's please!

I've seen him 3 times now. :angel::angel:

Hurry up Robin please!!!! We want Nole!!!

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 04:13 PM
I hate these grass court matches against people with strong serves :unsure: Just one mistake could cost you the set and it scares me. :sad:

pica_pica
06-22-2009, 04:15 PM
some penetrating shots in this game......now try to break him!!!

kalisita
Looking like TB is looming. Hopefully Nole can find a way to break here for the set. Feel the pressure Julien!

Lee
I like the sound of Nole's hitting. Much cleaner than the beginning of season.

Stephie Cesc
Now break serve please! :bounce:

carlhiro
06-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I've seen him 3 times now. :angel::angel:

Hurry up Robin please!!!! We want Nole!!!

yeomyung! and I are also cheering for Sod, just to finish his match.

1 more game!

carlhiro
06-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Cmon! I don't want to see Soderling signing autographs!

STAR SPORTS!

*Ljubica*
The entire family seem to be there - Srdjan, Dijana, Djole, Marko and Uncle Goran :bowdown:

pica_pica
He just can't return when he can't slide on the surface...:sad:

Lee
06-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Finally make a close look at Nole's hairstyle. Exactly like my son's :lol:

Nole, please hold :help:

pi21312
06-22-2009, 04:20 PM
a brk pls Nole

kalisita
Danger zone now. Come on Nole! HOLD!

pica_pica
help...........bad call...........

Lee
06-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Don't know why Nole not challenging that point, it's near the end of the set anyway.

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I am not liking this :sad: 0-30 :rolleyes: