The Curious Case of J & J [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Curious Case of J & J

SheepleBuster
06-13-2009, 08:19 PM
I have been always baffled by the predictions of James Blake and Justin Gimelstob. They always pick Roddick to win Wimbledon and this year is no exception:

“It’s really unfortunate,” the sixth-seeded Blake said. “The way he’s playing he’s got a chance to win Wimbledon, so he’s got to be really careful.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AjLKLQirA_lTlL9WIflnqvg4v7YF?slug=ap-queens&prov=ap&type=lgns

I really don't think Roddick has a chance. Can't beat Murray, can't beat Rafa or Fed. And there are a host of other guys that can take him out. Oh well.

Black Adam
06-13-2009, 08:21 PM
I love how you always use Roddick to fill that empty space in your life. For a so called "hater", you do spend a lot of your time talking about him.

SheepleBuster
06-13-2009, 08:23 PM
I love how you always use Roddick to fill that empty space in your life. For a so called "hater", you do spend a lot of your time talking about him.

Please man. You've got no credibility with me. You are an online stalker.

Snoo Foo
06-13-2009, 08:23 PM
it's totally expected. it'd be more baffling if they picked just about any other player.

he's their countryman, dc teammate, maybe even friend :shrug: plus regardless of whether they mean it they gotta say it cuz it gives u.s. sportsfans who don't give a shit about non-u.s. athletes some reason to be interested in tennis/wimbledon

SheepleBuster
06-13-2009, 08:24 PM
it's totally expected. it'd be more baffling if they picked just about any other player.

he's their countryman, dc teammate, maybe even friend :shrug: plus regardless of whether they mean it they gotta say it cuz it gives u.s. sportsfans who don't give a shit about non-u.s. athletes some reason to be interested in tennis/wimbledon

Even at the French, Gimbelstob picked Roddick over Monfils. :confused:

Cloudygirl
06-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Even at the French, Gimbelstob picked Roddick over Monfils. :confused:

haha thats the funniest thing I have read all week.

Bascule
06-13-2009, 08:29 PM
I have been always baffled by the predictions of James Blake and Justin Gimelstob. They always pick Roddick to win Wimbledon and this year is no exception:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AjLKLQirA_lTlL9WIflnqvg4v7YF?slug=ap-queens&prov=ap&type=lgns

I really don't think Roddick has a chance. Can't beat Murray, can't beat Rafa or Fed. And there are a host of other guys that can take him out. Oh well.

:lol: I wouldn't say it's a curious case after all.

Snoo Foo
06-13-2009, 08:30 PM
yeah, cuz if he said, "roddick is gonna get his ass handed to him by this goofy french dude you never heard of," 45 of the 50 people watching on u.s. tv would turn the channel and watch something someone they know has a chance of winning

MacTheKnife
06-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Do I think Roddick will win WImbledon, no. Do I think he' got a chance. Well he's probably got as much a of a chance as Soderling did to reach the FO final, oh wait.

SheepleBuster
06-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Do I think Roddick will win WImbledon, no. Do I think he' got a chance. Well he's probably got as much a of a chance as Soderling did to reach the FO final, oh wait.

Everybody's got a chance but a good chance like Blake said? um no! Roddick had his chances against Roger and didn't take them. I doubt he can win one. Though I admit I don't want him to miss Wimbledon so hopefully he is alright.

shotgun
06-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Must be some kind of inside joke between them.

out_here_grindin
06-13-2009, 09:14 PM
haha thats the funniest thing I have read all week.

Gilbert said Roddick would beat Monfils in straight sets. :o:worship:

KoOlMaNsEaN
06-13-2009, 11:08 PM
ESPN Commentators are Roddick's propoganda machine. They always predict him to win and they talk about him even when he isn't playing that day.

smitty8
06-14-2009, 02:15 AM
They are all Roddick fanboys.

heya
06-17-2009, 04:06 AM
Blake said Roddick was clueless in Roddick's ESPN bio. It's obvious that Gimelstob and Blake are phoniest and the biggest Davis Cup opportunists. Who really takes this seriously? Except for desperate tennis snobs who want to prove that Murray and Federer are the best humans on tour, compared to Roddick.