Halle SF: Djokovic def Rochus 7-6 (7), 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Halle SF: Djokovic def Rochus 7-6 (7), 6-4

jonas
06-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Nole is really bad on grass. Waaay to passive.
Rooting for Haas in the final.
It would be the germans first title in almost two and a half years (Memphis 2007).

finishingmove
06-13-2009, 05:41 PM
nice clownfest :hug:

Masha91
06-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Good job Nole, now take the title :yeah:

Renaud
06-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Djokovic was very lucky to win the first set.

TMJordan
06-13-2009, 05:43 PM
:worship:

Iván
06-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Valiant effort from the wee man.

Loftra
The less attractive, more annoying and more fortunate player won.
At 7-6 in the TB there was a ball from Djokovic clearly out. Would've won Rochus the set if it was called correctly.

asmazif
Tough match. Nole decided to mess up so many opportunities in the first, but came through in the end.

GlennMirnyi
06-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Rochus was robbed.

What a joke.

He should've won the first set.

Nidhogg
06-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Ollie played great and had Djoke running all over the court. He could live with half his talent if he wouldn't have to work so hard for every point.

Drikke
06-13-2009, 05:49 PM
At 7-6 in the TB there was a ball from Djokovic clearly out. Would've won Rochus the set if it was called correctly.

That ball was 5cm out. Just unbelievable.

That would have given him the set and probably wimbledon wildcard.

Bascule
06-13-2009, 05:50 PM
I feel sorry about Oli for losing the first set on that way:sad:...but have you seen the face of the umpire who understood the whole streak of the worst cursing on serbian Novak said before the first set was finished?:o:lol:

finishingmove
06-13-2009, 05:50 PM
the german connection, never in doubt.

Smoke944
06-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Rochus was robbed.

What a joke.

He should've won the first set.

Yep. Seems like the tournament director was calling that line on that point :rolleyes:

q.j.

:lol:, but yes, that ball was clearly out, tough luck for Rochus

HeretiC
Despite Rochus reaching 2 SPs this was always up to Djokovic to win or lose. Before the match went tight, he was hitting DTLs from both wings scary good, painting the lines all the time. Unfortunately he was a bit passive at big points and Rochus too consistent to make errors. It is obvious that Novak is still uncomfortable when using slices and volleys, but it is very good that he knows that and that he forces himself to play them as often as possible, which means that he will improve in those areas in time. Passing shots weren't as good as yesterday and he will need them if he wants to get his first grass title cause Haas is going to charge the net and his volleys are impeccable.

pica_pica
Heart-attack first set for a Djoko fan. Great choke from Nole to lose the lead, and he was many times behind Rochus in the tie-break...valiant effort to win the tie-break :worship:
2nd set a bit better from Nole. No choke at least.
Didn't expect much from Nole in Wimbledon. Clearly grass isn't his stuff :shrug: But even so he can beat Rochus who has a 2-0 H2H against him. I really can't ask for more.
Good luck in the final!!!! Ajde!!!! :rocker2:

Bascule
06-13-2009, 05:53 PM
It wasn't clear that ball was out, but must be a german conspiracy.;)

pica_pica
06-13-2009, 05:55 PM
I feel sorry about Oli for losing the first set on that way:sad:...but have you seen the face of the umpire who understood the whole streak of the worst cursing on serbian Novak said before the first set was finished?:o:lol:
Hey, what did he say? (out of curiousity)

Bascule
Hey, what did he say? (out of curiousity)

I can't repeat it, I am a nice person.;)

Drikke

That ball was VERY CLEAR out :rolleyes:

Lee
06-13-2009, 05:56 PM

I saw chalk flying during the replay. :shrug: May be it's the dirt! Hard to tell on stream

RIboy
06-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Lucky one Faker :p

this dwarf can be dangerous on grass :eek:

HeretiC
06-13-2009, 05:57 PM

It looked out but without hawkeye it is hard to determine if it caught the line or not for sure.

aeronatasha
06-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Despite Rochus reaching 2 SPs this was always up to Djokovic to win or lose. Before the match went tight, he was hitting DTLs from both wings scary good, painting the lines all the time. Unfortunately he was a bit passive at big points and Rochus too consistent to make errors. It is obvious that Novak is still uncomfortable when using slices and volleys, but it is very good that he knows that and that he forces himself to play them as often as possible, which means that he will improve in those areas in time. Passing shots weren't as good as yesterday and he will need them if he wants to get his first grass title cause Haas is going to charge the net and his volleys are impeccable.

Thanks HeretiC, didn't see the 2nd set, but I get quite a good idea now.;) Too many UEs for Novak today, but if his recent form is anything to go by, he should be much better tomorrow. And he'll need it, Haas is terrific on grass.

Arkulari
06-13-2009, 05:59 PM
at this level, Djoker is gonna get slaughtered in Wimbledon :unsure:

sawan66278
06-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks HeretiC, didn't see the 2nd set, but I get quite a good idea now.;) Too many UEs for Novak today, but if his recent form is anything to go by, he should be much better tomorrow. And he'll need it, Haas is terrific on grass.

Novak fans need not worry: Tommy will go up a set...have chances to win in the second, and will realize he's about to win, and collapse.:devil:

q.j.
I saw chalk flying during the replay. :shrug: May be it's the dirt! Hard to tell on stream

on the replay, that's were it seemed to me that the ball was off the line, shitty stream for me as well, but it doesn't matter much since this is all a part of the game, it's ultimately for the impure to make the call and many times novak was the one being less fortunate in this type of situations, c'est la vie :shrug:

MagicMilan
Just seen the last few games, and pretty much hated it :o
Haas will be the heavy favourite tomorrow

rocketassist
06-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Good old Novak set to join the grass clowns winning grass titles club :yeah:

GlennMirnyi
06-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Also I don't think there's a way in the world to be less attractive than Fakervic.

pica_pica
06-13-2009, 06:06 PM
on the replay, that's were it seemed to me that the ball was off the line, shitty stream for me as well, but it doesn't matter much since this is all a part of the game, it's ultimately for the impure to make the call and many times novak was the one being less fortunate in this type of situations, c'est la vie :shrug:
Did you replace "umpire" by "impure" on purpose?? :eek: :rolls:

Drikke
Rochus was plaing well and deserves wimbledon wildcard for the SF and for this match

aeronatasha
Novak fans need not worry: Tommy will go up a set...have chances to win in the second, and will realize he's about to win, and collapse.:devil:

Don't be nasty sawan.;) I enjoy watching Haas play when he's on, so I'm just hoping for a good quality match. As long as Novak is aggressive and stepping up, I don't care that much if he gets beaten by a better player on a certain day. I just can't stand when he goes into passive mode, that's not his game and it never brings results against strong players.

Bascule
06-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Also I don't think there's a way in the world to be less attractive than Fakervic.

Um...and what about moonballing?:silly:

q.j.
06-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Did you replace "umpire" by "impure" on purpose?? :eek: :rolls:

no :haha:

finishingmove
06-13-2009, 06:09 PM

djokovic is already a moonballer of the highest order.

pica_pica
no :haha:
:haha:

That's even funnier!!!

q.j.
:haha:

That's even funnier!!!

how do they call it..Freudian slip ;)

GlennMirnyi
06-13-2009, 06:11 PM

I meant physically as in having a horsey face.

Bascule
djokovic is already a moonballer of the highest order.

:haha: Right, but that tactic didn't help much.:sad:

«Ivan»
nice clownfest :hug:

:wavey: from halle.you should see this fest in 3d.

1000 x :haha:

so sorry for loft:retard:***** without eyes(or is it taste?) of course girls and some of us,boys were
:drool:ing all the time.i din't see stupid dream,i don't know her,hope i'll meet her.:secret:i was yelling her username on few occasions:angel:

whoah,what a man(legs).you'll understand why your chooper didn't feel well watching nole's a**,legs.mama mia

Corey Feldman
06-13-2009, 06:13 PM
too much choking from opponents v Nole this week

poor stuff

«Ivan»
06-13-2009, 06:13 PM

you're not str8,1000k on that.my gaydar never crossed me.

poor stuff

true mr.feldman:wavey:

q.j.
06-13-2009, 06:15 PM

poor stuff

yup, he stole Murray's winning formula, what a copycat :ras:

GlennMirnyi
06-13-2009, 06:15 PM

So finding Faker fugly means I'm gay?

:lol:

pica_pica
06-13-2009, 06:24 PM

true mr.feldman:wavey:
:haha: Great siggy!!!

I drool over Nole all the time. Don't ask me why.

«Ivan»
06-13-2009, 06:25 PM
So finding Faker fugly means I'm gay?

gugu whisper to you honey (arsen can translate)

btw,yes,as you know gaydar is mighty thing if you have it.

«Ivan»
06-13-2009, 06:27 PM
:haha: Great siggy!!!

I drool over Nole all the time. Don't ask me why.

:wavey:i wont.it could be 10 diff. reasons.

Vida
06-13-2009, 06:28 PM
very good match, enjoyed it. props to both :yeah: :yeah:

HeretiC
06-13-2009, 06:30 PM

For a str8 man it is kinda strange to notice looks on male tennis players. :shrug: I'll have to go with Chooper's experienced assessment skills in that area.

GlennMirnyi
06-13-2009, 06:34 PM
For a str8 man it is kinda strange to notice looks on male tennis players. :shrug: I'll have to go with Chooper's experienced assessment skills in that area.

This is absolute bullshit.

Only someone very very insecure would have a problem to admit any man to be ugly or handsome.

I, for instance, am very handsome.

Smoke944
06-13-2009, 06:34 PM

No, no it's not.

asmazif
06-13-2009, 06:37 PM
wtf are you people on about? obvs. it doesn't mean you're gay...

«Ivan»
06-13-2009, 06:39 PM
No, no it's not.

how do you know:aplot:?:kiss: for defending gu.heretic is right.
let's ask genci,aj...men here.do they notice,talk,write about male looks?highly doubt.

wtf are you people on about? obvs. it doesn't mean you're gay...

i am.

zcess81
06-13-2009, 06:42 PM

Only someone very very insecure would have a problem to admit any man to be ugly or handsome.

That statement tells me that you are:

a.) A woman trapped in a man's body
b.) A transvestite
c.) Self obsessed narcissistic asshole
d.) Mommy said "don't listen to anyone, you're my handsome boy" way to many times you're starting to believe it

Which is it?

«Ivan»
06-13-2009, 06:43 PM

see?str8 men nevernotice these things.you're handsome,i know.

HeretiC
06-13-2009, 06:44 PM
No, no it's not.

Well, I am far from an expert :lol: but if you ask me who is better or best looking or ugly from male players, I will need some time to think about it, then I will probably start looking pictures and when I form an opinion I wouldn't be sure about it at all. On the other hand I have well formed opinion about female players. :shrug: But it could be individual after all.

Smoke944
06-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Well, I am far from an expert :lol: but if you ask me who is better or best looking or ugly from male players, I will need some time to think about it, then I will probably start looking pictures and when I form an opinion I wouldn't be sure about it at all. On the other hand I have well formed opinion about female players. :shrug: But it could be individual after all.

Agreed. At the same time, when you are watching men play you are looking at them after all :lol: So you might form some opinions then, I think atleast.

asmazif
06-13-2009, 06:50 PM
i am.

Cool, great. Completely irrelevant to what I was to saying, but whatever.

HeretiC
06-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Agreed. At the same time, when you are watching men play you are looking at them after all :lol: So you might form some opinions then, I think atleast.

I don't think about it until is brought up just like now. This is like when I watch a match my daughter asks me who do I cheer for, it happened more than once after I answer she said why do I cheer for him when he is the uglier one? :lol: Then I try to convince her not to be superficial and to try to value player's game, not his looks, but it always gots me thinking why she finds that player uglier or the other one prettier and I can't find the answer and have to ask her for the reasons.

Corey Feldman
06-13-2009, 06:59 PM
someone told Fed that chooper is gay

http://i42.tinypic.com/iddrb4.gif

«Ivan»
06-13-2009, 07:01 PM

http://i42.tinypic.com/iddrb4.gif

puke.but rafa is happy too mr.feldman:D

Corey Feldman
06-13-2009, 07:03 PM
puke.but rafa is happy too mr.feldman:D
rafa is already Roger's.. anyone touches him and Fed gets angry

http://i40.tinypic.com/vywhth.jpg

:eek:

«Ivan»
06-13-2009, 07:12 PM
fugly as my :kiss: gu says

~Maya~
06-13-2009, 07:15 PM
:silly: thread

Guga_fan
06-13-2009, 07:38 PM
I seriously don't know how Djokovic could reach the final. He is playing a total clay game on grass, he never enters in the court, he doesn't charge to the net after a good ball or drop shot and he is moonballing more often than not. The guy totally lost the game he displayed last year in Queens. Haas should beat him in straights.

choppaa
06-13-2009, 07:45 PM

Ugly or handsome you're still a pain in the butt.

zcess81
06-13-2009, 07:50 PM
I seriously don't know how Djokovic could reach the final. He is playing a total clay game on grass, he never enters in the court, he doesn't charge to the net after a good ball or drop shot and he is moonballing more often than not. The guy totally lost the game he displayed last year in Queens. Haas should beat him in straights.

And what if he doesn't?

Man, if Novak can reach the final and maybe win this tournament not playing his best then if he brings his A game for Wimbledon everyone watch out:)

He'll do well at Wimbledon I think. He'll do well cause a lot of people expect him not to do well. Me thinks :)

zcess81
06-13-2009, 07:50 PM

Understatement of the year.

Ad Wim
06-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Hahaha, again Djokovic wins and again everything is whining :haha:
Just get to your silly one-sided cheering for Rafa, Murray or Federer...

Ad Wim
06-13-2009, 07:57 PM

Did you miss Nadal winning Wimbledon last year? :rolleyes:

Bascule
06-13-2009, 08:12 PM

Very strange for someone who thinks Step is THE Sexy and Ana doesn't look good.

Bascule
06-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Look, if he was so handsome, he surely wouldn't become the main clown here, right?

Matt01
06-13-2009, 08:22 PM

Glenn is a bit too fixated with the male player's looks IMO. Either he's gay or he's the complete opposite of what he claims to be in this post:

zcess81
06-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Glenn is a bit too fixated with the male player's looks IMO. Either he's gay or he's the complete opposite of what he claims to be in this post:

Or he's writing from prison, in which case I'm sure he's very handsome to his boyfriend.

FedFan_2007
06-13-2009, 08:29 PM
For some reason Nole's backhand goes from great to liability on grass.

Bilbo
06-13-2009, 09:31 PM
nole has awful tactics on grass

he's playing passive all the time and never goes to the net

watch him bow out early at wimbledon

Certinfy
06-13-2009, 09:32 PM

http://i42.tinypic.com/iddrb4.gifAny more of these? There funny as hell.

Guga_fan
06-13-2009, 09:38 PM
And what if he doesn't?

Man, if Novak can reach the final and maybe win this tournament not playing his best then if he brings his A game for Wimbledon everyone watch out:)

He'll do well at Wimbledon I think. He'll do well cause a lot of people expect him not to do well. Me thinks :)
The problem is he couldn't bring his A game all year, and I really think his last year's B game is his standard game now.

Did you miss Nadal winning Wimbledon last year? :rolleyes:
But Nadal is really good at playing this kind of game. Djokovic's game is not based on this, and that's why he is hardly going to win tomorrow.

zcess81
06-13-2009, 09:45 PM
The problem is he couldn't bring his A game all year, and I really think his last year's B game is his standard game now.

But Nadal is really good at playing this kind of game. Djokovic's game is not based on this, and that's why he is hardly going to win tomorrow.

Ohhh me disagree! He had A game on most of the clay season (minus RG of course)...it only happens that his A game on clay is not good enough against Nadal...otherwise he'd have monte carlo, rome and madrid titles so far this year.

GlennMirnyi
06-13-2009, 09:53 PM
That statement tells me that you are:

a.) A woman trapped in a man's body
b.) A transvestite
c.) Self obsessed narcissistic asshole
d.) Mommy said "don't listen to anyone, you're my handsome boy" way to many times you're starting to believe it

Which is it?

Option C seems to fit pretty nicely into my personality.

see?str8 men nevernotice these things.you're handsome,i know.

That's what you think.

I'm glad I annoy you.

Very strange for someone who thinks Step is THE Sexy and Ana doesn't look good.

Again, you can't get why Steps is sexy... I can't deal with people like you.

Well, Ivanovic is bland. Actually few WTA players are pretty. If only Amy Adams played tennis... or semi-tennis (WTA)...

Are YOU OF ALL THE FREAKING PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE saying I'm fixated on player's looks? I couldn't care less about them. I'm not blind, though.

What do you want me to say? To lie and say I'm ugly or that people think I'm ugly because, for some ignoramuses, saying you're handsome means being gay? Bullshit.

Bascule
06-13-2009, 09:59 PM
nole has awful tactics on grass

he's playing passive all the time and never goes to the net

watch him bow out early at wimbledon

Yes, he was defensive/passive most of the time this week, but he did go to the net very often today and was better in volleys more than usual. Did you watch the match?

Bilbo
06-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Yes, he was defensive/passive most of the time this week, but he did go to the net very often today and was better in volleys more than usual. Did you watch the match?

what the fuck are you talking about? i saw the whole match and he was something like 5 times at the net.

did you see how often haas goes to the net?

Okonsky
06-13-2009, 10:56 PM
100 percent agree with Bilbo. Numbers of net aproaches on grass is unaceptable.

As Arsen said - today's match was utter bull (clownfest). But he's in the finals, as a fan I have to hope he will start to play grass tennis on grass. Time to wake up calling.

Guga_fan
06-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Ohhh me disagree! He had A game on most of the clay season (minus RG of course)...it only happens that his A game on clay is not good enough against Nadal...otherwise he'd have monte carlo, rome and madrid titles so far this year.
The only matches his game seemed well were against Nadal, and that happens because Rafa's game matches up well with Djokovic's. I'm still not impressed with his game this year, his new racquet gave allowed him to add more variation to his game, but his strokes are worse than they used to be.

choppaa
06-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Option C seems to fit pretty nicely into my personality.

That's what you think.

I'm glad I annoy you.

Again, you can't get why Steps is sexy... I can't deal with people like you.

Well, Ivanovic is bland. Actually few WTA players are pretty. If only Amy Adams played tennis... or semi-tennis (WTA)...

Are YOU OF ALL THE FREAKING PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE saying I'm fixated on player's looks? I couldn't care less about them. I'm not blind, though.

What do you want me to say? To lie and say I'm ugly or that people think I'm ugly because, for some ignoramuses, saying you're handsome means being gay? Bullshit.

You don't annoy me Moronyi, don't flatter yourself. You started about looks, now enjoy being called someone's boyfriend :bigwave:

«Ivan»
06-14-2009, 12:44 AM
now enjoy being called someone's boyfriend :bigwave:

mine.he's very handsome but he have to honest to himself and admit.

:secret:this is me,le clerc(chooper)

leng jai
06-14-2009, 12:55 AM

Haas is one handsome beast, no?

«Ivan»
06-14-2009, 12:59 AM

sure is

rubbERR
06-14-2009, 12:59 AM
this thread has reached limit, time to stop chatting here like schoolgirls.

Bascule
06-14-2009, 01:03 AM
what the fuck are you talking about? i saw the whole match and he was something like 5 times at the net.

did you see how often haas goes to the net?

Silly me, I had the impression that he was more times at net than usual, especially in the second set.

:)

finishingmove
06-14-2009, 01:11 AM

is this a trick question?

HeretiC
06-14-2009, 01:12 AM

And I though you are in love in his game, silly me. :silly:

Bascule
06-14-2009, 01:17 AM
is this a trick question?

:haha: "Schoolgirl's chatting" has to go on...:p

HeretiC
06-14-2009, 01:21 AM
:haha: "Schoolgirl's chatting" has to go on...:p

What can we do else? No one is bringing anything better to talk about. :shrug:

leng jai
06-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Haas gives me a raging boner.

HeretiC
06-14-2009, 01:25 AM
Haas gives me a raging boner.

Is it something specific like his ass, biceps, eyes, face, legs or complete package in global?

GlennMirnyi
06-14-2009, 01:25 AM
You don't annoy me Moronyi, don't flatter yourself. You started about looks, now enjoy being called someone's boyfriend :bigwave:

What comes from below doesn't affect me.

Isn't it time for you to go back to your moderating duties at www.delponyisntaclown.com?

Bascule
06-14-2009, 01:26 AM
What can we do else? No one is bringing anything better to talk about. :shrug:

Strange...guys talking about the other guy and how he looks...but, I don't mind talking about guys.:p

HeretiC
06-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Strange...guys talking about the other guy and how he looks...but, I don't mind talking about guys.:p

Shhhh there, I am learning some new perspectives. These are modern ages, we have to be able to keep up with the youngsters, otherwise they might think that our expiration date has passed.

Bascule
06-14-2009, 01:36 AM
Shhhh there, I am learning some new perspectives. These are modern ages, we have to be able to keep up with the youngsters, otherwise they might think that our expiration date has passed.

;)

leng jai
06-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Is it something specific like his ass, biceps, eyes, face, legs or complete package in global?

The racket smashes really gets my aroused. Like when he fucked up the easy shot off the drop shot. He pulverized his racket into the grass and it bounced over the net to the other side of the court :worship:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

HeretiC
06-14-2009, 01:43 AM
The racket smashes really gets my aroused. Like when he fucked up the easy shot off the drop shot. He pulverized his racket into the grass and it bounced over the net to the other side of the court :worship:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

What that has to do with his looks?:confused: Besides, Safin breaks more racquets than him, does he give you more frequent boners? :shrug:

leng jai
06-14-2009, 01:51 AM
What that has to do with his looks?:confused: Besides, Safin breaks more racquets than him, does he give you more frequent boners? :shrug:

The secret to true passion is timing. Its not arousing when you do it every 2 seconds like Safin.

njnetswill
06-14-2009, 01:54 AM
:cuckoo:

On topic: Nice to see my two favorite players playing a SF. Even nicer to see Olivier finally enjoy some tour level success again. :D

HeretiC
06-14-2009, 01:56 AM
The secret to true passion is timing. Its not arousing when you do it every 2 seconds like Safin.

I see. Quality and style over quantity, right?