Rosmalen R1 : Hernandez def Koellerer 6-3 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rosmalen R1 : Hernandez def Koellerer 6-3 6-2

Action Jackson
06-15-2009, 11:35 AM
I know a couple of people who were there at the match, will be interesting to hear their views.

marcRD
06-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Oscar for the 1st time didnt feel any sympathy for his opponent and let all his grasscourt serve and volley masterclass get unleashed against poor helpless Daniel Koellerer.

No mercy for bad people from the king when it comes to psychopaths and bad people, now I expect him to show his empathic side again in the next round and let his opponent win.

Deivid23
06-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Both are fixing scumbags. ATP wtf r u waiting for?

Bilbo
06-15-2009, 11:42 AM
2 players that needs to be banned from the tour

Har-Tru
06-15-2009, 11:43 AM
u missed the thread on this marc

Bilbo
06-15-2009, 11:43 AM
I know a couple of people who were there at the match, will be interesting to hear their views.

must be people who have no clue about tennis

TMJordan
06-15-2009, 12:17 PM
You are so bad, Daniel Koellerer.

Really surprised Dani would fix this match after being mocked by the gye, he definatly doesn't like Oscar, but I guess money is more important than pride. :wavey:

el tenista
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Grass court KING Hernandez for the title :devil:
You are so bad :lol:

Frooty_Bazooty
06-15-2009, 12:22 PM
does this make crazy dani the new King?

Har-Tru
06-15-2009, 12:25 PM
does this make crazy dani the new King?

no, because he is so bad.

miura
06-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Hahahaha, I hope Oscar's celebrations where as good as the other time :haha:

finishingmove
06-15-2009, 12:30 PM
no, because he is so bad.

:haha:

well done, oscar.

i expected a tank to be honest.

seems dani beat him to it.

McAlistar
06-15-2009, 12:31 PM
The Kings victory dance is quality, maybe that could be his next career:worship:

jonathancrane
06-15-2009, 12:32 PM
You are so bad, Daniel Koellerer.

Really surprised Dani would fix this match after being mocked by the gye, he definatly doesn't like Oscar, but I guess money is more important than pride. :wavey:

:hug:

Laba
06-15-2009, 12:48 PM
You are so bad. Looks like Dani is going home again. :p

philosophicalarf
06-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Embarrassing. About as obvious as you can get, and not the first time for either of these two.

Still, never mind. The ATP are doing their job. Just ask Montcourt about that.

out_here_grindin
06-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Domination :worship:

Bilbo
06-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Embarrassing. About as obvious as you can get, and not the first time for either of these two.

Still, never mind. The ATP are doing their job. Just ask Montcourt about that.

as long as people continue to support these kind of players you'll always see these kind of matches

both players should be banned as well as his followers on this forum

Har-Tru
06-15-2009, 01:44 PM
as long as people continue to support these kind of players you'll always see these kind of matches

both players should be banned as well as his followers on this forum

says the gambler. :p

out_here_grindin
06-15-2009, 01:45 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about? Are you saying this was a fix? Let's just take every lopsided score and call it a fix then.

dijus
06-15-2009, 01:49 PM
@out_here_grindin

it was an obvious fix

bjurra
06-15-2009, 01:52 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about? Are you saying this was a fix? Let's just take every lopsided score and call it a fix then.

Haha, another American who doesnt know a clue about tennis betting. I can give you about 5000 examples of lopsided matches that weren't fixed. This was not one of them.

out_here_grindin
06-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Haha, another American who doesnt know a clue about tennis betting. I can give you about 5000 examples of lopsided matches that weren't fixed. This was not one of them.

Please enlighten me then. Why was this particular match a fix? Give me concrete reasons not just some obscure reason.

philosophicalarf
06-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Please enlighten me then. Why was this particular match a fix? Give me concrete reasons not just some obscure reason.

The massive amounts of money put on Hernandez this morning, and the fact Koellerer has done this a bucketload of times before.

out_here_grindin
06-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Well if that's the case then Koellerer really should be thrown out the ATP. I used to find his on court behoavior kinda funny, but the more I see the more I see how big of an asshole he is on-court. And if he is fixing, that's just a nail in the coffin.

bjurra
06-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I promised Action Jackson a report from the match so here it is:

A friend of mine had already texted me before the arrival that a King victory was a sure thing, according to the betting market. I was disappointed because I wanted a battle on court 5.

I arrived only 3-4 minutes after match start and in the beginning there was no sign of a fix, except that ATP supervisor Karlberg was watching every point with a focused look. Crazy Dani looked the better player and earned himself breakpoints at 2-2 and 3-3. They played long baseline rallies and it was in fact quite entertaining tennis. first sign of Dani not wanting to win this was at 2-2 15-30 Oscar serving when Dani hit a drop shot that bounced about one meter before the net. At 3-3, he had two break points, shanking two easy returns as forehand slices, one into the lower part of the net and one way long. At 4-3, Dani came back from 0-40 to deuce only to hit a ridiculous drop shot that Oscar couldnt possible miss. From then on, Dani played worse and worse and I left at 6-3 2-1, Oscar serving. I came back to see the match point. Oscar celebrated happily but there was no interaction between him and Dani. Dani shook Fergus Murphys hand but ignored Oscar and walked straight out.

philosophicalarf
06-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Well if that's the case then Koellerer really should be thrown out the ATP.

There's at least 12 in the top 100 you could say that about, and as many again with heavy suspicion on them.

Good thing at least is bookies removed this one fast though, and it ended up with only a handful of books offering it. They're also starting to refuse payouts on really blatant fixes - wouldn't be surprised if willhill did that here also. Shame is has to come to that, but the bookies are fed up with the ATP doing nothing about it.

dijus
06-15-2009, 02:10 PM
thx for report bjurra

bjurra
06-15-2009, 02:15 PM
The fact that Fergus Murhpy and Karlbeg were appointed to this side court indicates that the ATP predicted trouble.

Dani had a couple of nice outbursts such as:

"You feel very confident already overruling the far side?"

Murphy: "Yep!"

Later:

Dani to Fergus in Austrian and English: "Sag mal schläfst Du oder was? You call it good when it is out and you dont say a peep when it is out!"

Later:

Dani to himself(?) : "Du Huhrensohn!"

When in the chair to Murhpy: "Every close call against me! Every close call!"

Murphy: "They might have been close but each time I was right and you were wrong and we both know it."

bjurra
06-15-2009, 02:17 PM
The funniest thing was when Oscar took a bad tumble and Dani came up to the net and shouted "you ok?" Oscar just ignored him.

I guess Dani didnt want his opponent injured, kind of hard to deliver a promised loss then...:-)

Iván
06-15-2009, 02:18 PM
''come here, i want to tell you something'' in a somewhat balkan accent.

bjurra
06-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Shame is has to come to that, but the bookies are fed up with the ATP doing nothing about it.

The ATP will not suspend anyone without water proof evidence. They need a link between the player and the ones placing the bets and that is easier said than done in the international world of tennis and betting.

Action Jackson
06-15-2009, 02:24 PM
The ATP will not suspend anyone without water proof evidence. They need a link between the player and the ones placing the bets and that is easier said than done in the international world of tennis and betting.

Thanks for the reports and the confirmation of the clean nature of this match.

bjurra
06-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the reports and the confirmation of the clean nature of this match.

I wanted the match to be dirty but not in this way...:sad:

Action Jackson
06-15-2009, 03:12 PM
I wanted the match to be dirty but not in this way...:sad:

There is dirty and then there is dirty. But they really should suspend betting on matches involving suspect players, like what you said with Davydenko after Sopot.

roberthenman
06-15-2009, 04:36 PM
King :yeah:

Sapeod
06-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeeessss!!! :yeah: Oscar :banana:

JolánGagó
06-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Oscar celebrated happily but there was no interaction between him and Dani.

what a pitty the King didn't perform his royal pirouette.

Vfqp8QEsrds

RIboy
06-15-2009, 06:22 PM
There are some things that money can't buy, for everything else there's Crazy Dani

Harmless
06-15-2009, 06:30 PM
For posterity:
(also for the artistic appeal every thread needs :worship:)

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3931/youtubedanielkoellererc.gif

Castortroy
06-15-2009, 08:05 PM
For posterity:
(also for the artistic appeal every thread needs :worship:)

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3931/youtubedanielkoellererc.gif
:worship:

PiggyGotRoasted
06-15-2009, 08:28 PM
The king showing once again exactly why he is the king, and everyone else well... isnt.

philosophicalarf
06-15-2009, 11:36 PM
As suspected, Will Hill have refused to pay out on this. Good.

fast_clay
06-16-2009, 12:34 AM
its pretty sad that bets get voided like this... real shady... i for one have been looking forward to mad dan cutting it at the atp level after grinding all the way thru the challenger field... thats and incredibly tough thing to come back and do and i am not sure if too many in here can appreciate that, but if he is gonna be involved in too many more of these 'questionables', then he is just tainting his name in the worng way... the fireworks are f***ing great, but koellerer could lose some cult fans if that sort of crap goes on...

anyways... all hail The King...

Experimentee
06-16-2009, 03:41 AM
What a disappointment that the match was fixed. I was looking forward to hearing about the quality match that would have taken place :(

Sheva
06-16-2009, 09:58 AM
I promised Action Jackson a report from the match so here it is:

A friend of mine had already texted me before the arrival that a King victory was a sure thing, according to the betting market. I was disappointed because I wanted a battle on court 5.

I arrived only 3-4 minutes after match start and in the beginning there was no sign of a fix, except that ATP supervisor Karlberg was watching every point with a focused look. Crazy Dani looked the better player and earned himself breakpoints at 2-2 and 3-3. They played long baseline rallies and it was in fact quite entertaining tennis. first sign of Dani not wanting to win this was at 2-2 15-30 Oscar serving when Dani hit a drop shot that bounced about one meter before the net. At 3-3, he had two break points, shanking two easy returns as forehand slices, one into the lower part of the net and one way long. At 4-3, Dani came back from 0-40 to deuce only to hit a ridiculous drop shot that Oscar couldnt possible miss. From then on, Dani played worse and worse and I left at 6-3 2-1, Oscar serving. I came back to see the match point. Oscar celebrated happily but there was no interaction between him and Dani. Dani shook Fergus Murphys hand but ignored Oscar and walked straight out.

Fergus Murphy: "Hernandez leads 5 games to 3"
Dani: "Yeah, thanks to you!"

I made a movie after Dani got broken in the second set. I'll have to transfer it to my computer first. But I am affraid that the sound isn't good enough to hear the nice discussion between the two!

I'll have to agree about the match. At the beginning of the first set it was Dani who was in command. He didn't take the break points and played a weak game at 4-3. Afterwards he just threw the match away. He didn't really seem to care much in the second set. Hernandez looked in control of that set and never seemed like losing. To be fair: Hernandez played really solid tennis. Was grinding it out. In the first set Dani executed quite well from the baseline but in the second he really was a loose canon..

Frooty_Bazooty
06-16-2009, 11:07 AM
When in the chair to Murhpy: "Every close call against me! Every close call!"

Murphy: "They might have been close but each time I was right and you were wrong and we both know it."

Fergus is my new umpire of the month <3