Nadal will win Wimbledon 2009 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal will win Wimbledon 2009

born_on_clay
06-12-2009, 10:50 PM
He's hungry, he knows how to beat Federer and grass isn't a problem right now.

TMJordan
06-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Just stop. Please.

born_on_clay
06-12-2009, 10:51 PM
I have the right to express my opinion
If you can't cope with that you don't have to read it

Andi-M
06-12-2009, 10:52 PM
If 100% fit he is no 1 favorite.But i doubt he is.

Everko
06-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Im a tab worried about knees, that's why I picked Novak Djokovic. If they ok, then he will win without a sweat.

I hope your is are right born on clay.

habibko
06-12-2009, 11:00 PM
well, he didn't make the QF in the slam where he is usually invincible, can't see how he will go on to win Wimbledon, but who knows.

optimism
06-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Yes he will, and he's the best ever;)

Now, BOC, put that knife down, don't hurt yourself

born_on_clay
06-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I will ;)

andylovesaustin
06-12-2009, 11:06 PM
I think I'm going to be rooting for Tommy Haas! :inlove:

But Rafa has a shot, too! :)

FNT
06-12-2009, 11:06 PM
You're making a tardish mistake there, mate...
His chances against Fed are even if not favorable, but we need to know who he faces before he gets there (and who the hell told you Fed will? he is euphoric, I'm not sure he'll bust his ass). If he gets another ballbasher on fire, well, we all know what happens in such cases.

Arkulari
06-12-2009, 11:19 PM
it's a possibility, he and Roger are the top favorites but you never know ;)

Mimi
06-13-2009, 03:34 AM
he may not even play, thanks for the jinx :rolleyes:

vamosinator
06-13-2009, 05:10 AM
People who believe in jinks probably believe in the horoscope, so silly:o

Halba
06-13-2009, 08:36 AM
depends entirely on federer's serving form in the match.

if he is serving AO 09 50% bull then he's gone, even murray can beat him.

if he is in GOAT mode serving form(e.g. in madrid 09) then he will win as he is unbreakable by every player on the tour.

Allez
06-13-2009, 09:01 AM
He is the defending champion and world numero uno, so yes the odds are stacked in his favour. If the knees are OK he's a sure bet to retain his title.

vamosinator
06-13-2009, 09:14 AM
depends entirely on federer's serving form in the match.

if he is serving AO 09 50% bull then he's gone, even murray can beat him.

if he is in GOAT mode serving form(e.g. in madrid 09) then he will win as he is unbreakable by every player on the tour.

Nomatter how he plays, nobody can beat him at Wimbledon except for Nadal. Look at how he cruises through Wimbledon every year....until the Final.

superslam77
06-13-2009, 10:22 AM
People who believe in jinks probably believe in the horoscope, so silly:o

Coming from someone who believes Rafa is invincible :worship :

For us jinx is only a joke but i have to say since you started posting and gloating about Rafa he started to lose everything and Fed started to win more and more. Keep doing whatever you're doing!!

Besides i miss your silliness around here.

superslam77
06-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Nomatter how he plays, nobody can beat him at Wimbledon except for Nadal. Look at how he cruises through Wimbledon every year....until the Final.

Oh really?

Typical Rafa Fan excuse, where is the Rafa book of excuses gone cuz we really need it.

Let me remind you defensive players do not get the last saying in a point. They simply wait more for a rival mistake than trying to go for a winner. to beat Rafa you REALLY have to take it to him and win the point several times.

vamosinator
06-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Sorry I 'got to you' superslam77. The only thing thats gone against Nadal this year is Roland Garros; apart from that he's had a far better year than Federer, a far better claycourt season prior to RG and a far better hardcourt season.

Yeah because Nadal is soooooooooo defensive, those 6 backhand winners in the 1st set of the Australian Open Final were really defensive....and all those dropshots on breakpoints and deuces:o

If defense had any adge over offense then a guy like Michael Chang would have more than 1 slam and a guy like Sampras would have paid the price for constantly attacking against Chang lol

Sapeod
06-13-2009, 01:11 PM
No, and hopefully it will bring back tennis from death if he doesn't :)

RonE
06-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Typical Rafa Fan excuse, where is the Rafa book of excuses gone cuz we really need it.

Right here:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=102192&highlight=pork+dork

:devil:

Shame the mods closed it :awww:

miura
06-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Put your life savings on this outcome :)

superslam77
06-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Sorry I 'got to you' superslam77. The only thing thats gone against Nadal this year is Roland Garros; apart from that he's had a far better year than Federer, a far better claycourt season prior to RG and a far better hardcourt season.

I don't think so OR won't be so in the end.

Yeah because Nadal is soooooooooo defensive, those 6 backhand winners in the 1st set of the Australian Open Final were really defensive....and all those dropshots on breakpoints and deuces:o

If defense had any adge over offense then a guy like Michael Chang would have more than 1 slam and a guy like Sampras would have paid the price for constantly attacking against Chang lol

Michael Chang was one of the defensive champions but lacked the power, topspin and height from most of the other defensive players. I agree with you that defense IS NOT better than offense for tennis. Sure you can dominate a period of time and dominate the clay circuit for some years but when the body is done so are the results. The best players need to be versatile, good in both offense and defense.

You can see the best Defensive players of all time don't have so many slams and career lenght as someone like Sampras.

superslam77
06-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Right here:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=102192&highlight=pork+dork

:devil:

Shame the mods closed it :awww:

I was very sad when they closed that great thread and even more for the piggy roasting one. You are one my idols along with Kuhne and all of the great chefs!! It's all so :sad:

Bascule
06-13-2009, 03:07 PM
He doesn't look so hungry lately.

DrJules
06-13-2009, 03:10 PM
he may not even play, thanks for the jinx :rolleyes:

As if you do not keep saying Federer will win Wimbledon and the US Open.

Iván
06-13-2009, 03:14 PM
i think he will make the final, great players bounce back from big defeats.

ballbasher101
06-13-2009, 03:48 PM

We believe you born on clay :rolleyes:.

Lebeuf
06-13-2009, 03:48 PM

WOW , and I thought he wasnt going to win , you sure convinced me.

Tarvold
06-13-2009, 03:57 PM

Really? I won't even bother watching now. Cheers.

BTW, I like your avatar. It reminds me of Nadal's loss to Soderling every time I see it :)

NadalSharapova
06-13-2009, 05:56 PM
This does not depend on federer like some fedtards think, it depends on nadal's health. Just look at nadal v federer at grand slams.

Lebeuf
06-13-2009, 06:08 PM
This does not depend on federer like some fedtards think, it depends on nadal's health. Just look at nadal v federer at grand slams.

says the guy with nadal in his nickname

[ ] credibility

Fiberlight1
06-13-2009, 06:08 PM

Nadal is 1-2 at Wimbledon against Federer:confused:

NadalSharapova
06-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Nadal is 1-2 at Wimbledon against Federer:confused:

6-2 at majors. fed's 2 wins were when nadal was a grass court rookie

NadalSharapova
06-13-2009, 06:10 PM
says the guy with nadal in his nickname

[ ] credibility

got nothing to do with who my fav is,

just look at their meetings in grand slams

Lebeuf
06-13-2009, 06:11 PM
got nothing to do with who my fav is,

just look at their meetings in grand slams

Just look at their meetings in wimbledons finals

oh and btw , you always can count on Roger to be in the final , not so sure about Rafa anymore , huh king of clay ?

Kore
06-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Rafa will nail Federer if they both make the final!!

NadalSharapova
06-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Just look at their meetings in wimbledons finals

oh and btw , you always can count on Roger to be in the final , not so sure about Rafa anymore , huh king of clay ?

correct, roger will win matches at majors.....until he meets nadal. so thats why i'm saying its in nadal's hands.

Fed needs to pray nadal loses or is injured

Arkulari
06-13-2009, 06:17 PM
errm NadalSharapova, Rafa is 5-2 on majors finals against Roger, you as a fan should know that the RG 2005 final was against Mariano Puerta :o

NadalSharapova
06-13-2009, 06:18 PM
errm NadalSharapova, Rafa is 5-2 on majors finals against Roger, you as a fan should know that the RG 2005 final was against Mariano Puerta :o

5-2 in major finals, but 6-2 in majors

Corey Feldman
06-13-2009, 06:19 PM
the annoying thing is he probably will win it

Arkulari
06-13-2009, 06:20 PM
still, they both will reach the final, but I have to give a slight advantage to Roger, for confidence moment and for grass form, he's still better than Rafa on that one, I don't mind either one winning though ;)

prima donna
06-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Some people never learn.

NadalSharapova
06-13-2009, 06:27 PM

Federer is not and will never be a problem for rafa. However his knee is a problem or a random upset, we will see.

MacTheKnife
06-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Federer is not and will never be a problem for rafa. However his knee is a problem or a random upset, we will see.

Yea, we know, Nadal has never lost a match that he wasn't tired, his knee was hurting, he had blisters, he had jock itch, athletes foot, vertigo, insomnia, or what ever, we got it.. :rolleyes:

Joao
06-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Why do people still try to argue with the likes of NadalSharapova, TheRAFA, Sawan, RFK etc etc? They're lost causes and clearly more Federer haters than actual Nadal fans! :rolleyes:

FedFan_2007
06-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Once again, the first person to tell you he doesn't care about 6-2 vs Federer in slams would be Rafa. He only knows one thing right now and that is "Roger is the best in history". BELIEVE me, he would say that.

FedFan_2007
06-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Why do people still try to argue with the likes of NadalSharapova, TheRAFA, Sawan, RFK etc etc? They're lost causes and clearly more Federer haters than actual Nadal fans! :rolleyes:

YES!!! Finally people on MTF are starting to wake up to the fact that they are NOT Nadal fans, but Fed-haters. True Rafa fans are welcome on the Castle thread.

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm afraid that's not gonna happen ;)

MacTheKnife
06-13-2009, 07:36 PM

There's a difference between arguing and ridiculing, baiting, or antagonizing. They make it so much fun.. ;)

Clay Death
06-13-2009, 10:16 PM

leave Sawan and RFK out of this.

i should not have to say this again.

rwn
06-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Yea, we know, Nadal has never lost a match that he wasn't tired, his knee was hurting, he had blisters, he had jock itch, athletes foot, vertigo, insomnia, or what ever, we got it.. :rolleyes:

In Madrid he was tired after 4 matches. Poor Rafa :rolleyes:

tea
06-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Tio Tony said he has health problems, what must be determined as a fact. So, no. Un-fucking-fortunately.:bigcry:

safinafan
06-13-2009, 11:26 PM
rafa will win and that's it.There is nothing more to the issue. :haha:

Joao
06-13-2009, 11:50 PM
leave Sawan and RFK out of this.

i should not have to say this again.

Why? I recognize a hater when I see one and they both fit the description perfectly.

peribsen
06-14-2009, 12:08 AM
When has Nadal ever attributed any loss to tiredness or injury? Did he ever whine after both defeats to Fed on WB or Hamburg? or after loosing to Murray in NY? Delpo in Miami? Soderling in Paris?

I'm sorry, but I follow nadal pretty closely, I live on his home island, and I always hear those explanations from the press, fans or his uncle and trainer, very seldom from Nadal. After loosing in NY in the semis, everybody knew he was worn out, but the player himself never explained away Murray's great victory arguing he was in bad form.

I know it's hopeless. Any big player seems to attract swarms of haters that are only too happy to do everything they can to put him under a bad light. Last year it was all about the fools who thought Roger was finished simply because he lost a couple of slams. Now it seems to be mostly about people who can´t stand the fact that Nadal has denied Roger of 5 GS, so he obviously has to be a cheat-lyer-drug user-whinner-or whatever else suits them.

Can´t you simply enjoy all that is going on in men´s tennis at this time? We're probably lucky enough to be witnessing the GOAT, together with a guy good enough to snatch victory away from the GOAT on GS finals on 3 kinds of courts (if he was only a moonballer, where would that leave the GOAT?), together with several younger players who are on the rise. What more can tennis fans want of a given year?

Enjoy and stop bitching so much!!

Bascule
06-14-2009, 12:13 AM

Please, more respect to the older ones, like sawan who's 38....:sad:...show some sympathy for his case.:sad::sad::sad:

Ciarán.
06-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Nope.

The Oracle
06-14-2009, 10:11 PM
When has Nadal ever attributed any loss to tiredness or injury? Did he ever whine after both defeats to Fed on WB or Hamburg? or after loosing to Murray in NY? Delpo in Miami? Soderling in Paris?

I'm sorry, but I follow nadal pretty closely, I live on his home island, and I always hear those explanations from the press, fans or his uncle and trainer, very seldom from Nadal. After loosing in NY in the semis, everybody knew he was worn out, but the player himself never explained away Murray's great victory arguing he was in bad form.

I know it's hopeless. Any big player seems to attract swarms of haters that are only too happy to do everything they can to put him under a bad light. Last year it was all about the fools who thought Roger was finished simply because he lost a couple of slams. Now it seems to be mostly about people who can´t stand the fact that Nadal has denied Roger of 5 GS, so he obviously has to be a cheat-lyer-drug user-whinner-or whatever else suits them.

Can´t you simply enjoy all that is going on in men´s tennis at this time? We're probably lucky enough to be witnessing the GOAT, together with a guy good enough to snatch victory away from the GOAT on GS finals on 3 kinds of courts (if he was only a moonballer, where would that leave the GOAT?), together with several younger players who are on the rise. What more can tennis fans want of a given year?

Simple......his whole game is built on the physicals........

If he loses........we know he is off......and if he is off for a long period of time........i think it may be very difficult to recover.........we should see though.........but I think we are all familiar with the Federer-Nadal rivalry and what weapons each of them has.

malisha
06-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Please, more respect to the older ones, like sawan who's 38....:sad:...show some sympathy for his case.:sad::sad::sad:

Clown is a clown.Age make no difference.....i can respect a seven year old child more than a fifty year men/woman.
Respect is earned not deserved.

oz_boz
06-14-2009, 10:30 PM
My money is on Rafa, definitely.

When has Nadal ever attributed any loss to tiredness or injury?

Against Gonzo AO 07 "famous ass" I know for sure - I think he said he did not attribute the loss to it, but then how does that really sound? If the pain is small enough to ignore while playing, you should ignore it in the presser too IMO.

Mimi
06-15-2009, 03:38 AM
As if you do not keep saying Federer will win Wimbledon and the US Open.

honestly, I really thought he would win, not jinxing, even if you don't beleive :shrug:

green25814
06-15-2009, 03:41 AM
Nadull will win quite easily.

ballbasher101
06-15-2009, 03:47 AM

I hope you are being sarcastic.

Mimi
06-15-2009, 03:48 AM
I hope you are being sarcastic.
i think he is :p

green25814
06-15-2009, 03:49 AM
No. It just seems obvious to me that he will win

ballbasher101
06-15-2009, 03:50 AM
i think he is :p

I pulled the trigger a bit too soon, he is a FED and Murray fan :clap2:.

victory1
06-15-2009, 03:51 AM

He don't need too when he has Uncle Tony to do it for him. Everyone thinks Nadal is not a sore loser because he has Uncle Tony as his mouth piece! ;) He only loses when his tired or hurt but he make sure only Uncle Tony says it!

green25814
06-15-2009, 03:53 AM
:confused: Cant see Fed or Murray taking this.

I mantain that Nadull will win wimbledon.

ballbasher101
06-15-2009, 03:54 AM
No. It just seems obvious to me that he will win

Ok so you are not being sarcastic after all. I suspect that you are maybe jinxing Nadal but I am not sure :confused:

green25814
06-15-2009, 03:57 AM
:angel: I'm just being objective. I think Nadull will have recovered, and the grass will suit him the same as last time. Fed will take his foot of the gas, Murray will fail due to hype, and Djoko just sucks on green stuff. Nadull to take it. :)

ballbasher101
06-15-2009, 04:09 AM
:angel: I'm just being objective. I think Nadull will have recovered, and the grass will suit him the same as last time. Fed will take his foot of the gas, Murray will fail due to hype, and Djoko just sucks on green stuff. Nadull to take it. :)

I respectfully disagree. Nadal is going to run into into a big hitter at Wimbledon before the final and he will lose. If by some miracle he reaches the final he will lose for sure.

Commander Data
06-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Nadal barely won last year, it was pretty much 50:50. Whats different this Year?

- Federer has less pressure
- Federer has more confidence
- Federer is healthwise in better form
- Nadal is health wise in badder from
- The field knows Nadal is vulerable
- Nadal just lost in RG, Wimbledon certainly fits his Game less then RG.

So what in hell could fuel the opinion that Nadal will win?

bokehlicious
06-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Only a real bad knee or extreme fatigue would prevent Rafa from taking his 2nd Wimbledon crown :shrug:

Primus
06-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Nadal barely won last year, it was pretty much 50:50. Whats different this Year?

- Federer has less pressure
- Federer has more confidence
- Federer is healthwise in better form
- Nadal is health wise in badder from
- The field knows Nadal is vulerable
- Nadal just lost in RG, Wimbledon certainly fits his Game less then RG.

So what in hell could fuel the opinion that Nadal will win?

Some good points... but i believe last year Nadal should really win in straight sets, but nevermind.
-Acasuso, Haas, Del Potro were equal or better players against Fed till the mental collapse point
-Federer isn't the shotmaker he used to be, so if someone non-choker can have his day, he can be down quiet quickly..it will happen sooner or later.

Besides Nadal knees, he had one bad game all in all(against Soderling ofc.), which cost him everything. On the other hand Federer was also pretty shaky against Haas,Acasuso and Delpo, except the couldn't finish him.
So if Nadal continues his standard form he's a close favorite, yeah..with Federer ofcourse.

raymondtehcc
06-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Still can't quite agree with you yet. Because Nadal still have doubt to participate in the Wimbledon tennis open 2009 due to his knee injuries.

Commander Data
06-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Some good points... but i believe last year Nadal should really win in straight sets, but nevermind.
-Acasuso, Haas, Del Potro were equal or better players against Fed till the mental collapse point
-Federer isn't the shotmaker he used to be, so if someone non-choker can have his day, he can be down quiet quickly..it will happen sooner or later.

Besides Nadal knees, he had one bad game all in all(against Soderling ofc.), which cost him everything. On the other hand Federer was also pretty shaky against Haas,Acasuso and Delpo, except the couldn't finish him.
So if Nadal continues his standard form he's a close favorite, yeah..with Federer ofcourse.

Nadal was the better player last year. and I agree Fed was very shaky at RG. But you have to keep in mind that there is a good chance that Fed plays better now then at RG. We will soon know if that theory is true though..

Fed has had quite some pressure on him at RG which might have affected his Game. Fed said that the Back problem has altered his mental approach. he did not run down all the shots like in the past Subconsciously affraid of injury and that he risked too much on his shots due to this and bad serving. He says that this flaws are now corrected due to very hard traing, working on his movement and serve.

So maybe, hopefully he is less shaky now?

Primus
06-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Nadal was the better player last year. and I agree Fed was very shaky at RG. But you have to keep in mind that there is a good chance that Fed plays better now then at RG. We will soon know if that theory is true though..

Fed has had quite some pressure on him at RG which might have affected his Game. Fed said that the Back problem has altered his mental approach. he did not run down all the shots like in the past Subconsciously affraid of injury and that he risked too much on his shots due to this and bad serving. He says that this flaws are now corrected due to very hard traing, working on his movement and serve.

Agree..
It's just impossible to predict what kind of display Nadal or Federer will show. Both have pros and cons, but it's kind of practice the best champions leave cons at home at the big stage :)
So, it will be interesing. Can't wait. :)

The Oracle
06-19-2009, 02:20 AM

I think it is very interesting that now Federer and Nadal are again one slam apart going into Wimbledon (have been that way for many years until 2008.

FedFan_2007
06-19-2009, 02:24 AM
I think it is very interesting that now Federer and Nadal are again one slam apart going into Wimbledon (have been that way for many years until 2008.

Really? It happened in 2006-2007. 2 times hardly qualifies as "many years". :rolleyes:

The Oracle
06-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Really? It happened in 2006-2007. 2 times hardly qualifies as many years.
Two years is a long time.........I"m sorry but I hope you did not miss the Federer domination:).

I still think Nadal can win Wimbledon and I think if he does it will be a fairytale (for better or otherwise;)).

Mimi
06-19-2009, 02:26 AM
i already told them not to start these kind of threads, now most probably, he will not play,and even if he plays, will not win :rolleyes:

HKz
06-19-2009, 03:28 AM
It is fail either way. He couldn't do anything at the French Open. I mean his first round match against Daniel and his match against Lleyton, even though he won both in straight sets, showed his vulnerability against aggressive play which made his loss against Soderling a little unsurprising (if you don't believe me, go watch his 1st and 3rd round matches) and this is on his best surface. Even if he runs perfectly in Wimbledon, I think his problem against flatter players is becoming more evident, especially on faster surfaces. If anything, he'll run into Soderling again and this time it'll be straight sets.

And if he pulls out of Wimbledon and Roger wins, it'll be even MORE fail as Roger will regain his ranking back not to mention it'll make you Rafatards look more stupid that he couldn't even make the first round :rolleyes:

Mimi
06-19-2009, 04:58 AM
It is fail either way. He couldn't do anything at the French Open. I mean his first round match against Daniel and his match against Lleyton, even though he won both in straight sets, showed his vulnerability against aggressive play which made his loss against Soderling a little unsurprising (if you don't believe me, go watch his 1st and 3rd round matches) and this is on his best surface. Even if he runs perfectly in Wimbledon, I think his problem against flatter players is becoming more evident, especially on faster surfaces. If anything, he'll run into Soderling again and this time it'll be straight sets.

And if he pulls out of Wimbledon and Roger wins, it'll be even MORE fail as Roger will regain his ranking back not to mention it'll make you Rafatards look more stupid that he couldn't even make the first round :rolleyes:

you don't believe that he can still improve and re-bound afterwards? after all, he is still not that old, most people, including some fedfans wrote roger off after his lost in Olympics singles last year, but he went on to win us open, and this year, most people did not think he could win the FO but he went on to win, so never say never, who would know what the future brings ;)?

prima donna
06-19-2009, 05:20 AM
Rafael is a champion, so it wouldn't surprise me if he were indeed to win this tournament. Although I do believe that he is coping with a two-headed monster in the form of a recurring knee injury and the loss of his Roland Garros title. He'll need to rebound both physically and psychologically in order to compete for this title, but he certainly has the mentality to do so.

I don't think much of his style of play, but I'd never question the extent of his will. I just hope that he's able to perform up to his capabilities, as there would be nothing sweeter than to beat Nadal at 100%. Roger can still give him a tough time, so let's just hope that Nadal can get a few good match-ups in the earlier rounds of the tournament.

FedFan_2007
06-19-2009, 05:23 AM
Rafael is a champion, so it wouldn't surprise me if he were indeed to win this tournament. Although I do believe that he is coping with a two-headed monster in the form of a recurring knee injury and the loss of his Roland Garros title. He'll need to rebound both physically and psychologically in order to compete for this title, but he certainly has the mentality to do so.

I don't think much of his style of play, but I'd never question the extent of his will. I just hope that he's able to perform up to his capabilities, as there would be nothing sweeter than beating Nadal at 100%. Roger can still give him a tough time, so let's just hope that Nadal can get a few good match-ups in the earlier rounds on the tournament.

Are you seriously delusional? He will probably fly home tomorrow and if he doesn't he'll get embarrassed in the 1st or 2nd round. That's if what the Nadal camp is saying is true about the knees and the video evidence from today.

Mimi
06-19-2009, 05:26 AM

I don't think much of his style of play, but I'd never question the extent of his will. I just hope that he's able to perform up to his capabilities, as there would be nothing sweeter than to beat Nadal at 100%. Roger can still give him a tough time, so let's just hope that Nadal can get a few good match-ups in the earlier rounds of the tournament.

thank you, very classy post from you:wavey:, and thanks for believing that he really has injuries, coz some others said he is faking ;)

prima donna
06-19-2009, 05:42 AM
thank you, very classy post from you:wavey:, and thanks for believing that he really has injuries, coz some others said he is faking ;)
Well, I do think the seriousness of his injury has been exaggerated.

Anyway, I don't derive pleasure from the sufferance of others. I'm not a humanist, it's just that I've learned over the years that happiness rooted in the misery of others fades away rather quickly. I know it doesn't seem realistic at this point, but I'd like to see Roger beat his only rival to break Sampras' record.

bokehlicious
06-19-2009, 05:51 AM

:scratch: you seem bothered that some people think Rafa's faking, while I couldn't remember you complaining about people thinking Roger was faking mono :confused:

Mimi
06-19-2009, 06:14 AM
:scratch: you seem bothered that some people think Rafa's faking, while I couldn't remember you complaining about people thinking Roger was faking mono :confused:

roger has you and roger fans to defend him, no? its the same for you, don't see you defend rafa for faking injuries, no? to answer the question: i never thought roger was faking mono:wavey:

FedFan_2007
06-19-2009, 06:20 AM
I don't think Rafa is faking by the video I saw. However, I don't like that Uncle Toni was broadcasting all this talk about the knees. Do like the Aussies, don't talk about it.

Mimi
06-19-2009, 06:24 AM
i think uncle toni is a nice person, but he has a foolish mouth :o

your_valentine
06-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Yes, you think that sweetie if it helps you :hug:

bokehlicious
06-19-2009, 10:48 AM
with such a cake draw it would be a shame if he fails to win the whole thing.

The Oracle
06-19-2009, 02:53 PM
with such a cake draw it would be a shame if he fails to win the whole thing.
Huh?.........he just drew the QF-ist last year?

kaylee
06-19-2009, 02:54 PM
exactly it is Roger who has the cake draw - once again!

The Oracle
06-20-2009, 08:22 AM
exactly it is Roger who has the cake draw - once again!
I do think so........I know Roger has always been very popular in England, but I think things are going to change this year.

Roger has always had an easy draw...last year he beat 28 year old Safin in the semifinal....should tell you the strength of his half.

However, not to take away from him, though I think people have always been suspicious of the frequency of his cakewalk draws

FNT
06-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Roger has always had an easy draw...last year he beat 28 year old Safin in the semifinal....should tell you the strength of his half.

Safin beat Djokovic, mind you. If you take the other half, Nadal was actually playing Schuettler (32 YO!!!) in the SF last year. Nadal's draw at this year's RG (knees and all) was pretty much cake, so was Federer's at AO 2008 (mono and all), look how those turned out, Fed had to fight and scrape against Tipsy and we all know what happened to Nadal.