Halle R2: Djokovic bts Serra 5-7 7-5 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Halle R2: Djokovic bts Serra 5-7 7-5 6-1

Johnny Groove
06-11-2009, 04:28 PM
MASSIVE choke.

asmazif
06-11-2009, 04:29 PM
I honestly couldn't believe what was happening in the first set and a bit. Dismal performance from Djoko. To give him his due, though, Serra was playing suprisingly well. Then at 5-7 2-5 0-40 down, Nole somehow comes back, saves 5 MPs, wins the next 5 games to take the 2nd set, then runs away with the third.

HeretiC
06-11-2009, 04:29 PM
What do you think about this match?

http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/Your_Game/Sports_Science/2006_04_19_choke.jpg

lamnathalie
06-11-2009, 04:30 PM
:yeah:

munZe konZa
06-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Nole plays awful, stands behind the baseling 5 meters , he is afraid of playing. Serra gave him the game. He seems very disturbed right now

habibko
06-11-2009, 04:32 PM
mugs match of the highest order, Djokovic playing clay court tennis on grass is absolutely horrendous, no matter how many match points Serra had the winner was never in doubt, but Djokovic didn't deserve to win the match and would have lost it if he played any better player than Serra today.

I predict a Kiefer win should he make it through.

jonathancrane
06-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Choke? Anyone?

Masha91
06-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Glad Nole got through it :yeah:

Lololita
Such a great effort from Nole to win this match after the disappointment of RG :)

I'm very proud of you Nole :hug:

cocrcici
:speakles: :rolls:

Deivid23
Fantastic choke by Serra, great to see :lol:

Nole :cuckoo:

Lee
Djokovic raised his game when facing elimination, saved 3 MPs and Serra cracked afterward.

He will have tough time winning his next match with the way he has been playing though.

malisha
Djoko looks ready to win this tournament

dijus
06-11-2009, 04:34 PM
what a choke
que sera sera

Arkulari
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Djoker WTF? I mean, he was playing HIDEOUSLY in this match, the only reason he didn't lose was because Serra choked in an spectacular way :eek:

Dude, keep playing like this and you'll be out of the top 5 in no time, not to mention get a spanking at Wimbledon :eek:

docking34
06-11-2009, 04:38 PM
djoko loos horrible out there. OMFG!

Manon
Fantastic choke by Serra, great to see :lol:

Nole :cuckoo:

Amazing Serra-a:worship: Thank you.

Novak > slides and falls, slides and falls...:(

Btw, why's this tape on his left shoulder? Anyone?

asmazif
I also think that this is the only match that Nole's won where his opponent has had a MP (let alone 5...), which is probably the only impressive thing about this match as far as Nole is concerned.

camnation
06-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm just happy Nole got out alive. :sobbing:

MagicMilan
06-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Novak should give half of the prize money to Serra, the guy earned it. Massive choke :o
And Novak playing clay court tennis on grass? :spit: A Djoke of a performance...

pica_pica
06-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Great turnaround by Nole / Great choke by Serra (depending on your point of view or you can have x% and (100-x)% of each)

I hope it serves as a wake-up call to Novak that he has to learn how to survive a bad day, not like his RG loss. :rolleyes:

Good luck Nole for the rest of the tournament! :)

dylan24
06-11-2009, 04:48 PM
this serb will be exiting wimbledon early again.
one slam wonder i've been saying for a long time.
just like tojo.

pica_pica
06-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Novak should give half of the prize money to Serra, the guy earned it. Massive choke :o
And Novak playing clay court tennis on grass? :spit: A Djoke of a performance...
Yeah I think he's playing clay tennis on grass too :rolleyes: all those silly sliding then falling......
but then he also plays clay tennis on hard courts right? He loves sliding on hard courts too...

Manon
06-11-2009, 04:50 PM

:yeah: He'll never play well on grass.

MrChopin
06-11-2009, 04:51 PM
All I could think while checking in on the scoreboard was what an event this would be in the "hahaha" thread. The face of Kevin Anderson flashed across my mind once or twice. Mods, please?

Djoke's mind is a mess right now. Now two years in a row, clay monster has thrown him away like a broken clay pot. The Joker can't handle that rejection.

MagicMilan
06-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Sad but true :(

Branimir
06-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Djokovic where are the forehands like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbsQ8gZLWyc

dusan1610
06-11-2009, 05:02 PM
See this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Y9oaHlNC8

malisha
06-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Djokovic where are the forehands like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbsQ8gZLWyc

he rarely flatterns out his strokes these days

he spins them like rafa or push them like Murray
he used to have his own game early in his carrer but now its all gone

Manon
06-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Djoke's mind is a mess right now. Now two years in a row, clay monster has thrown him away like a broken clay pot. The Joker can't handle that rejection.

This year is even worse after all those matches with Nadal.

See this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Y9oaHlNC8

That was fast:yeah:

Byrd
06-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Serra deserves to tied up in a bag and thrown in a river, cats deserve more than a life than this idiot.

duong
06-11-2009, 05:13 PM

Ok I know it's a competition who says the worst but for those who didn't see, Djoko played quite well in Wimbledon 2007.

MIMIC
06-11-2009, 05:13 PM
What's with Novak and the drop shots when being match point up/down? :lol:

But seriously, Novak. Hopefully you'll start playing better. I didn't see the match but having to fend off 3+ match points isn't good.

Arkulari
06-11-2009, 05:16 PM
All I could think while checking in on the scoreboard was what an event this would be in the "hahaha" thread. The face of Kevin Anderson flashed across my mind once or twice. Mods, please?

not only that, the fact that he gave all he got against Rafa and couldn't beat him on clay, and then Roger and Toad came and did what he couldn't, that must have been a huge blow as well :shrug:

Corey Feldman
06-11-2009, 05:22 PM
these are French tennis players

duong
06-11-2009, 05:28 PM
these are French tennis players

yes last week there were 10 of them in the top-50 ;)

Manon
06-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Ok I know it's a competition who says the worst but for those who didn't see, Djoko played quite well in Wimbledon 2007.

You're wrong. I'm his fan since he was born:) but I'm trying not be jerkish fan. Yes, he played well 2007, two years ago. He played even better last year in Queens but still grass is thE worst surface for him. If and when he learn NOT to slip and slide all over grass he cannot be good grass court player.

tangerine_dream
06-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Wake up Novak.

pica_pica
06-11-2009, 05:32 PM
The bunch of Frenchies in ATP are a little bit like the bunch of Russians in WTA perhaps? :p
Maybe one or two of them will win something big in the furture ;)

habibko
06-11-2009, 05:35 PM
You're wrong. I'm his fan since he was born:)

wow did you cheer for his crying as well? :rolleyes:

finishingmove
06-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Novak :worship: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE OUR HERO.

Well played, Serra!!!

Time Violation
06-11-2009, 05:45 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

:p

choppaa
06-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Nice choke-job Serra, ha ha. What a loser to waste all those match points.

alfonsojose
06-11-2009, 05:47 PM
He wants to be nice to Ana and Jelena, so he'll keep choking and losing :p

Manon
06-11-2009, 05:48 PM

My reaction should be? I was carying him, singing lullabies...

Thank you M.

Horatius
06-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Djoker not losing even playing bad, and with match points against... I mean.. You have to be kidding me! Outside of the top 4, where's the mental strengh in the other guys?:confused:

Where's the new breed of players? COME NOW!!

habibko
06-11-2009, 06:00 PM

thanks and I knew what he meant, I use that figure of speech in my mother tongue as well ;)

My reaction should be? I was carying him, singing lullabies...

:lol: :yeah:

he will be facing Melzer now, he needs to up his game and be more aggressive on his serve and finish points at the net, Melzer will be in his face all the time so he also needs to return well and pass well, I think Mezler has a good chance there if Djokovic played the same way.

Manon
06-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Melzer is good boy.

Collective
06-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Epic choke of WTA proportions

zcess81
06-11-2009, 06:08 PM
not only that, the fact that he gave all he got against Rafa and couldn't beat him on clay, and then Roger and Toad came and did what he couldn't, that must have been a huge blow as well :shrug:

Why do you think Roger did what Novak couldn't? It was BECAUSE of Novak. Had Roger played semi against Rafa he would NOT have beaten him like he did in the final.

As for Soderling, well, only thing I can say is: there is only so much weight you can throw on a donkey before he just drops and refuses to go on.

Djokovic was upset HE couldn't beat Nadal. He doesn't care that Fed or even Soderling beat him. If anything that should give him more hope. The more guys start beating Nadal on clay the bigger the chance he will beat him in the future.

As for the match, I haven't seen it so I can't comment on it. Novak must have played bad and all, but no matter how bad he's played, SAVING MATCH POINTS AND WINNING A MATCH while playing as bad as you possibly can can only be good for your confidence. Unlike most people in here tennis players are good at taking positives out every win and even every loss. I'm sure he will play better in the next match. After all he had PHENOMENAL clay court season...and playing your 2nd match on grass after hard/clay court season is NOT easy. Nadal and Fed chose to take a break, but even they would struggle early on.

And as for comments that Novak can't play on grass, well, that's a lot of crap. He most certainly can. He's done it in Wimbledon 2007 and Queens 2008. So we know he can. Not saying he will, but he can, and I'm sure he knows it.

Chiseller
06-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Djokovic is a true Spartan.

Roddickominator
06-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Djokovic you fighter.....almost lost me a grand.

What happened to Novak on grass? Last year in Queens he looked pretty good....and had a GREAT match with Nadal.

Manon
06-11-2009, 06:14 PM

What happened to Novak on grass? Last year in Queens he looked pretty good....and had a GREAT match with Nadal.

Slipping, falling all the time. He looked like 'I don't care' set and a half. And I still don't know why's the tape on his left shoulder.

zcess81
06-11-2009, 06:17 PM

I think you answered your own question :)

Lee
06-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Slipping, falling all the time. He looked like 'I don't care' set and a half. And I still don't know why's the tape on his left shoulder.

Hola back to you.

This is how Novak moves on grass :tape:

Today's GIF :tape::help:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3565/3617492590_f7abd78f4c_o.gif http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2441/3616672637_2dca9e9022_o.gif

pica_pica
06-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Lee, I cracked with laughter when he did that "triple slide". As if grass is better for sliding than clay. And I'd use 輕功水上飄 in Chinese :lol:

Ad Wim
06-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Hahaha, you guys are so pathetic. Always something to whine about when Djokovic wins. He obviously played terrible, but he won. If Rafa or Fed did this, it would be "so great he still won this one" or "bad match, but a win is a win". You guys are sad.

Great fight Novak, keep up the good work.

pica_pica
06-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Hahaha, you guys are so pathetic. Always something to whine about when Djokovic wins. He obviously played terrible, but he won. If Rafa or Fed did this, it would be "so great he still won this one" or "bad match, but a win is a win". You guys are sad.

:yeah: ;)

Manon
06-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Hola back to you.

This is how Novak moves on grass :tape:

:haha: Great! So why tape Lee?

zeleni
06-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Seems like Nole doesn't like grass court very much.:D
Hopefully he will do better in next match.:hug:

Lee
06-11-2009, 06:38 PM
:haha: Great! So why tape Lee?

No idea :shrug: Hope it's nothing serious.

I have to say it affected his backhand today. Lots of his bh were either in the net or missed and he sliced much more than usual.

ballbasher101
06-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Good to see the Djoker doing well.

Manon
06-11-2009, 06:39 PM

Who's whinning?

Voo de Mar
06-11-2009, 06:52 PM
:yeah: I had to stop watching this match when Djokovic saved triple match point and I knew he would win this match. 5-7 2-6 against Serra is almost unreal ;)

McAlistar
06-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Seems like Djokovic's masters clay court form was a flash in the pan :o

BIGMARAT
06-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Thats the character of a champion, you are able to win, even if your not suppose to win!

Vida
06-11-2009, 08:43 PM
good win for jester.

his game is miles away from when it was last year. partly cause of new stick that has more bite to it (something to do with strings I guess), but also cause of the new approach that includes more versatility. theres a down side to it also. his last years best - baseline domination exemplified with DTL shots it weaker, esp BH DTL which was devastating... but he does play loosely now days... finding his new self. so on the minus side his best might not be high as it was before, but he i more adaptible. just my guess. however, we should not expect much from him at least until USO. and I suppose nor should he.

HeretiC
06-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Still sticking to the original assessment: it is like watching Goofy. :shrug:

Rogieva
06-11-2009, 09:18 PM
and they say the wta has mental midgits

xargon
06-12-2009, 01:30 AM
this serb will be exiting wimbledon early again.

One is better than none!

GlennMirnyi
06-12-2009, 03:07 AM
This match was one of the ugliest matches I've ever seen. Serra is absolutely despicable, volleys worse than WTA players. Faker couldn't hit two forehands with a normal swing.

Forehander
06-12-2009, 04:19 AM
Yeh that's why Djokovic will never make it to the top. He's a massive mug who will always be affected by some kind of mental defect. Players like him simply don't have the mental consistency to be a great champion. Might as well retire from tennis.

Mimi
06-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Yeh that's why Djokovic will never make it to the top. He's a massive mug who will always be affected by some kind of mental defect. Players like him simply don't have the mental consistency to be a great champion. Might as well retire from tennis.:ignore: he already reached no.3, not make it to the top?:scratch:

finishingmove
06-12-2009, 04:37 AM
:ignore: he already reached no.3, not make it to the top?:scratch:

:lol: :wavey:

TMJordan
06-12-2009, 04:38 AM
hey arsen, i hope my boy melzer kicks you boys ass, but i know my boy will choke and your boy will win.

:wavey:

zcess81
06-12-2009, 09:06 AM
It doesn't matter how you win as long as you win, just ask Federer :) Who cares that he played average players to win FO, who cares he almost got knocjed out by Haas, Del Potro and even Acasuso...really who cares? What matters is a win, and not HOW you win.

There are players out there who play AMAZING tennis until semis and then lose. On the other hand you have players that play really bad but somehow manage to win tournament, which would you rather be??

But I do know this, had Fed or Nadal won this match after saving 5 match points they'd be praised as true Spartans.

First people complaing about Novaks lack of fighting spirit/retirements etc, and when he puts up a fight and comes back to win a match after facing multiple match points mtf haters are still complaining...haha, of well, whatever makes you happy I guess :)

Mimi
06-12-2009, 09:13 AM
It doesn't matter how you win as long as you win, just ask Federer :) Who cares that he played average players to win FO, who cares he almost got knocjed out by Haas, Del Potro and even Acasuso...really who cares? What matters is a win, and not HOW you win.

There are players out there who play AMAZING tennis until semis and then lose. On the other hand you have players that play really bad but somehow manage to win tournament, which would you rather be??

But I do know this, had Fed or Nadal won this match after saving 5 match points they'd be praised as true Spartans.

First people complaing about Novaks lack of fighting spirit/retirements etc, and when he puts up a fight and comes back to win a match after facing multiple match points mtf haters are still complaining...haha, of well, whatever makes you happy I guess :)

he does have fighting spirit most of the times, just did not fight much in a few matches, guess he was not feeling that well in these few occasions, he always gave my boy rafa lots of trouble and fightings :hug:

zcess81
06-12-2009, 09:16 AM
he does have fighting spirit most of the times, just did not fight much in a few matches, guess he was not feeling that well in these few occasions, he always gave my boy rafa lots of trouble and fightings :hug:

That is true. No matter how bad he plays he always plays very well and gives his all against Nadal. I don't care if he loses, I just wanna see him giving his all. If he could only do that against all opponents :)

Venle
06-12-2009, 10:30 AM
I saw the first set and the first break of the second.

What was wrong with Novak there? :o He didn't look like himself at all.

pica_pica
06-12-2009, 10:45 AM

That is true. No matter how bad he plays he always plays very well and gives his all against Nadal. I don't care if he loses, I just wanna see him giving his all. If he could only do that against all opponents :)

Well discussed. :wavey: :worship: :) :cool: :angel:

Ariadne
06-12-2009, 11:04 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2441/3616672637_2dca9e9022_o.gif

:aiee: :tape:

Commander Data
06-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Nole struggling...C'mon man, pull yourself together!!

my theory is that the Nadal defeat has really crushed him mentally.

zcess81
06-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Nole struggling...C'mon man, pull yourself together!!

Which one? There were many.

cocrcici
06-12-2009, 11:23 AM

Madrid

zcess81
06-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Madrid

Well, I think that match is the reason why both of them screwed up at the French. Novak was disappointed with the loss and went out early. Nadal was mentally/physically exhausted, lost to Fed and then to Soderling.

Best for both would have been if Nole won that match.

Nole would have Madrid title and Nadal would be holding another French Open tropy right now. Also, loss at the French will have impact in Wimbledon for both Novak and Nadal, and it all was because of that match imo. Just an opinion...but we will see what happens.

Manon
06-12-2009, 11:35 AM

Sure.

Indeed. Starting from the worst - Queens, OI, to chain loses this clay season.

I forgot his match in Wibledon 2005. GGL had 6 MP's but Novak still won 3-2. First time in 100 after that.

Commander Data
06-12-2009, 11:50 AM

Well mainly the last one Madrid, but also the ones before. Nole himself said that it really crushed him.

Zdravko
06-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Go Nole for the first Grass-title!

Julio
06-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Mon pauvre Florentino Serrano... :sad:

Forehander
06-12-2009, 04:25 PM
:ignore: he already reached no.3, not make it to the top?:scratch:

Don't be silly Mimi. Up at the top there is only one spot available. It is the summit in which a mentally inconsistent player like Novak Djokovic will never reach. Surely you know there can't be two world number ones? In fact he's never even made it to number two and I'm pretty sure he won't ever surpass Andy Murray in ranking anymore because Murray's game has a whole lot more room to improve.