Bigger shocker: Nadal defending Wimbledon or Federer earning his 6th title [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bigger shocker: Nadal defending Wimbledon or Federer earning his 6th title

whattheheck
06-11-2009, 05:30 AM
So who has a better shot at winning? Nadal is still presumably injured. Both skipped warm-up tournaments so it's difficult to say. I think it would be a surprise if Nadal wins again this year.

Arkulari
06-11-2009, 05:34 AM
no surprise either way IMO :shrug:
the surprise will be if either one is kicked out before the final :unsure:

Yves.
06-11-2009, 05:35 AM
So who has a better shot at winning? Nadal is still presumably injured. Both skipped warm-up tournaments so it's difficult to say. I think it would be a surprise if Nadal wins again this year.

Agreed.

Har-Tru
06-11-2009, 05:43 AM
No one expected Nadal to reach the final in 2006.

No one expected Nadal to reach the final in 2007, let alone take it to 5 sets.

No one expected Nadal to reach the final in 2008, let alone win.

Just saying.

Lalalovesong
06-11-2009, 06:31 AM
DJOKOVIC?!
hopefully

vamosinator
06-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Nadal should have won in straight sets last year, he'll do it this year and send a message that Wimbledon is his for a long long time, RG is no longer a priority its all about preserving Wimbledon for the next few years:o

Lebeuf
06-11-2009, 06:48 AM
I give Federer like 3 times more chances to win this than Nadal considering all factors.

FedFan_2007
06-11-2009, 07:46 AM
How is it a shocker if Fed wins it?

superslam77
06-11-2009, 07:52 AM
No shock because you can never trust Nadal.

vamosinator
06-11-2009, 07:53 AM
How is it a shocker if Fed wins it?

Because Nadal is a better grasscourt player and will be at 100% (as he said he will be if he plays):o

feuselino
06-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Federer should have won last year's final in straight sets, actually. He had more points in the first set than Nadal, and I think (though not quite sure) in the second one as well. As usual, he didn't manage to take his break points against Nadal and that cost him...

superslam77
06-11-2009, 08:00 AM
theRAFA you never learn :D

You single-handedly jinxed Rafa to death.. please go ahead and continue doing whatever you're doing.

vamosinator
06-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Federer should have won last year's final in straight sets, actually. He had more points in the first set than Nadal, and I think (though not quite sure) in the second one as well. As usual, he didn't manage to take his break points against Nadal and that cost him...

So what, Federer had more points in the Aust Open Final too, but tennis is mostly mental, and Federer is a mental midget compared to Nadal, hence the one-sided head2head:o

superslam77
06-11-2009, 08:04 AM
So what, Federer had more points in the Aust Open Final too, but tennis is mostly mental, and Federer is a mental midget compared to Nadal, hence the one-sided head2head:o

Tennis is ONLY SO MENTAL for people @ the forums that are hoping for players and not actually out there playing. Because we get more nervous than them for sure with no control over the situation.

vamosinator
06-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Ok....tennis is physical, mental, take your pick, but Federer lost every bit of strength in that 2-6 fifth set down under. Nadal just kept the ball in play, easy win:o

Langers
06-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Way, way bigger shock if Rafa wins.

He won't win unfortunately.

superslam77
06-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Well yeah Fed choked badly in AO that is true..but most other matches he barely lost because of bad matchup-strategy. Now i believe theFED has more confidence and fitness than last year. 2009 results prove this..

But honestly whatever we say won't matter when it comes down to reality, everything is still in the air. If the Nadal camp is not lying or playing games then the chances for Nadal are very slim.

vamosinator
06-11-2009, 08:15 AM
If the Nadal camp is not lying then the claim that Nadal will play Wimbledon if 100% would indicate he's the favorite to win (if he plays):o

Mimi
06-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Way, way bigger shock if Rafa wins.

He won't win unfortunately.
:sobbing:

Mimi
06-11-2009, 08:16 AM
:couple::inlove: Bigger shocker: superslam77 and theRafa to get marry :rolls:

vamosinator
06-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Well yeah Fed choked badly in AO that is true..but most other matches he barely lost because of bad matchup-strategy. Now i believe theFED has more confidence and fitness than last year. 2009 results prove this..

But honestly whatever we say won't matter when it comes down to reality, everything is still in the air. If the Nadal camp is not lying or playing games then the chances for Nadal are very slim.

btw your sig makes no sense, you haven't won the war for the universe, you've just been put in an embarassing situation with Federer winning RG without beating Nadal. That doesn't help Federer in history, especially if Nadal beats Federer at RG next year:o

superslam77
06-11-2009, 08:20 AM
:couple::inlove: Bigger shocker: superslam77 and theRafa to get marry :rolls:

:lol: hot chick but no one home..too crazy even for me :drink:

Besides the other chicks in the forum will be so jealous ;)

superslam77
06-11-2009, 08:22 AM
btw your sig makes no sense, you haven't won the war for the universe, you've just been put in an embarassing situation with Federer winning RG without beating Nadal. That doesn't help Federer in history, especially if Nadal beats Federer at RG next year:o

errm just :eek: take the chill pill lady let's relax with a little champagne and massage later you will proclaim your true love for Roger Federer :wavey:.

nanoman
06-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Neither of them will be a shock to me.
The biggest shock however would be if Fed wins it against Nadal in the final.

Goldenoldie
06-11-2009, 08:41 AM
How could it be a shock if either the world #1 or the world #2 wins the tournament. Neither would be unexpected. A shock would be someone outside the top 8.

dodo
06-11-2009, 09:13 AM

I think he was leading by about 5 points at two sets down. thats what you get when you slice all those second serves to the bottom of the net at break point. i swear, i burst a small blood vessel in my brain each of the dozen times he did that.

zcess81
06-11-2009, 09:34 AM
I give Federer like 3 times more chances to win this than Nadal considering all factors.

And what factors are those?

It's not like Fed beat Nadal in RG final. Had he done that then I would give Roger major psychological advantage. Nadal losing in FO means nothing. Absolutely nothing imo. It's not like he's gonna be depressed all year about it. He was sad, but by the time Wimbledon comes he's gonna be 100% sharp and focused as always. That's why he's such great champion, he doesn't let the loses get to him. And this injury/knee issue...that comes up every year and every year he manages to win most tournaments. Just saying:)

born_on_clay
06-11-2009, 09:37 AM
If Nadal or Federer will win it it won't be a shock at all

habibko
06-11-2009, 09:39 AM

Nadal should worry about making the QF first :haha:

born_on_clay
06-11-2009, 09:42 AM

:help:
:cuckoo:

zcess81
06-11-2009, 09:45 AM

If you had to put the money NOW for the next year RG winner, who'd you put your money on? Roger? If so you are a VERY, VERY brave man:)

Nadal losing this year was just an anomaly, something which won't happen any time soon...unless he is ACTUALLY injured and doesn't play.

Nadal's loss this year doesn't change his odds at winning next year AT ALL.

habibko
06-11-2009, 09:45 AM
:help:
:cuckoo:

:retard:

habibko
06-11-2009, 09:49 AM
If you had to put the money NOW for the next year RG winner, who'd you put your money on? Roger? If so you are a VERY, VERY brave man:)

Nadal losing this year was just an anomaly, something which won't happen any time soon...unless he is ACTUALLY injured and doesn't play.

Nadal's loss this year doesn't change his odds at winning next year AT ALL.

why is it an anomaly? if it happened this year, it could happen any year :shrug:

zcess81
06-11-2009, 09:51 AM
why is it an anomaly? if it happened this year, it could happen any year :shrug:

You didn't answer my question, who'd you put your money on winning RG next year?

born_on_clay
06-11-2009, 09:52 AM
:retard:

I don't understand why you have so little respect to the player who keeps your "idol" as a pigeon :retard:

zcess81
06-11-2009, 09:55 AM

anomaly [uh-nom-uh-lee]
–noun, plural -lies.

1. a deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form.

How many times has Nadal lost before?

How many times he lost in total on clay EVER?

How many matches on clay has he won in his career?

Answer those questions and you will hopefully understand why Nadal losing at RG this year was an anomaly.

And on top of that he lost to Soderling, a man he trashed 6-1 6-0 just a few weeks back...an anomaly:)

FNT
06-11-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't understand why you have so little respect to the player who keeps your "idol" as a pigeon :retard:

Bad match-ups are not exactly something to be respectful of. Federer is a perfect match-up for Rafa , on clay he should win as much as he does, I don't get why he still has negative h2h against Fed off clay actually... And why it takes it him 5 sets to win almost every time off clay, he should be better... And he's 5 years younger as well, it'd be almost embarassing if he didn't start winning last year. I mean they played half their matches on clay, Rafa is 5 younger and better on clay as it is, right? He did what he was supposed to do, big deal.

As for the thread, I'd say Nadal making the final should surprise me, IF they make the grass faster and play under the roof the whole time (if it's raining a lot), Rafa will have trouble. Fed winning... Meh, more likely, but I doubt it... Maybe I'm just desperate for something new.

habibko
06-11-2009, 10:12 AM
You didn't answer my question, who'd you put your money on winning RG next year?

of course Nadal, if you think I'm being serious then you have issues, I was responding to TheRAFA in the way s/he understands ;)

you are the last person to talk about respect, commenting with "jerk" on Federer's withdrawal from Halle :retard:

anomaly [uh-nom-uh-lee]
–noun, plural -lies.

1. a deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form.

How many times has Nadal lost before?

How many times he lost in total on clay EVER?

How many matches on clay has he won in his career?

Answer those questions and you will hopefully understand why Nadal losing at RG this year was an anomaly.

And on top of that he lost to Soderling, a man he trashed 6-1 6-0 just a few weeks back...an anomaly:)

well time will prove if it was an anomaly or not :angel:

born_on_clay
06-11-2009, 10:14 AM
and another bunch of excuses that Rafa is younger and so on....
It doesnt's matter. H2H is just H2H and you can't deny it. Live with it

Mimi
06-11-2009, 10:18 AM
born on clay, don't give roger bad names as jerk next time, imagine, if our rafa was given that name, do you like it? :wavey:

FNT
06-11-2009, 10:26 AM
and another bunch of excuses that Rafa is younger and so on....
It doesnt's matter. H2H is just H2H and you can't deny it. Live with it

LOL, you're a moron)) If you read anything, you'd know I like Rafa as much as Fed and I hope he wins the US Open this year (or some other year)), so I can be pretty objective on this topic.

H2H's don't matter historically,that's just it, because anybody who knows anything understands that some players are just horrible match-ups for others. Watch tennis, don't look for proof that Rafa is greater than Fed (it ain't there so far).

born_on_clay
06-11-2009, 10:28 AM
born on clay, don't give roger bad names as jerk next time, imagine, if our rafa was given that name, do you like it? :wavey:

Unfortunately Rafa is given bad names by the bunch of Fedtards. They have no respect for other players and that's driving me mad