Order your 2010 Andy Murray calendar now before Simon Reed buys them all! (pg. 28) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Order your 2010 Andy Murray calendar now before Simon Reed buys them all! (pg. 28)

Pages : [1] 2

tangerine_dream
06-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Vamos, great white hope of Great Britain. http://i22.tinypic.com/34e2nhh.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1553/kingmurray.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kingmurray.jpg)

DrJules
06-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Possibly US Open.

Surprised if Wimbledon winner.

Certinfy
06-09-2009, 08:47 PM
I agree :)

Jimnik
06-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Could happen. :p The odds are only about 20/1.

Actually the thread doesn't specify this year so odds are more like 2/1. He'll almost certailnly win the US eventually.

ballbasher101
06-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Wimbledon unlikely. US open possibly.

FedFan_2007
06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah let's see Andy win a slam first before making predictions. He could start by not hitting that garbage forehand.

scoobs
06-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Why not Wimbledon? He can take on the big servers.
His movement on grass is not quite as good as on hard.

betowiec
06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
and he won't lose a set ;)

Horatius
06-09-2009, 08:56 PM
:tennis::drive::explode::crazy:

kaylee
06-09-2009, 08:58 PM
heehee naughty Tangerine!

Arkulari
06-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I give him a better shot at the USO than at Wimbledon ;)

TheWall
Not if there's anything like a god.

tea
Finally a proper prediction. Please specify that we're talking about 2009 year now, cause it would be even more safe to made it about 2010-...:)

oliverbwfc
06-09-2009, 09:11 PM
His movement on grass is not quite as good as on hard.

No one's is bar federer to be honest

scoobs
06-09-2009, 09:18 PM
No one's is bar federer to be honest
with a game that relies on movement rather than raw power it makes a bigger relative difference to Murray's game.

I guess we'll see if he can compensate for it.

Clydey
06-09-2009, 09:22 PM
with a game that relies on movement rather than raw power it makes a bigger relative difference to Murray's game.

I guess we'll see if he can compensate for it.

I think he's a very good mover on grass. The difference between his movement on hard to his movement on grass is minimal, in my opinon. It's not the same as, for example, the difference between his movement on clay and his movement on hard.

decrepitude
06-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Maybe I should change this to AND/OR US OPEN, I don't want to jinx him.

Yeah, right.

When I saw who opened this thread, I thought Tangy had undergone a St. Paul-type conversion.

scoobs
06-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I think he's a very good mover on grass. The difference between his movement on hard to his movement on grass is minimal, in my opinon. It's not the same as, for example, the difference between his movement on clay and his movement on hard.
I agree the difference between his movement on hard and movement on grass is nowhere near as big as the difference between his movement on hard and his movement on clay.

Whether it's enough of a different to make a difference on grass remains to be seen really, and as usual depends largely on his mindset - his problems will be exposed more if he retreats well behind the baseline and scrambles. Apart from anything else, as with last year at Queens, he'll fall over and squeal a lot, which he wouldn't do on hard.

blosson
06-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Tangy! You are jinxing the only hope to see more tennis on TV in the UK. The French Open was shown on Eurosport but his match was shown on BBC! :haha:

NinaNina19
06-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Tangy is just trolling and trying to jinx Murray. No worries Tangy, you didn't have to go through the trouble, Murray will probably fall to some on-fire ball basher along the way.

Clydey
06-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I agree the difference between his movement on hard and movement on grass is nowhere near as big as the difference between his movement on hard and his movement on clay.

Whether it's enough of a different to make a difference on grass remains to be seen really, and as usual depends largely on his mindset - his problems will be exposed more if he retreats well behind the baseline and scrambles. Apart from anything else, as with last year at Queens, he'll fall over and squeal a lot, which he wouldn't do on hard.

I think he's playing the same way he always has, but just closer to the baseline these days. I still have nightmares about his matches vs. Verdasco and Davydenko in Dubai 2008. He was hugging the backboards, putting the ball in the middle of the court, hoping they would miss.

The US broadcast of his US Open semi illustrated the problem he has when he stands way back and doesn't move forward and take more of the court (he did it a few times against Nadal in the third set). He gives his opponent more court to work with. When you're closer to the baseline, you reduce the angle the opponent has to work with. And against someone who is hitting the ball well, he gets dragged all over the court.

HKz
You guys are doing it wrong thing... Put pressure on Rafalafa, Roger, etc the rest of the crew so he gets a cakewalk draw to only the quarters and then fail miserably.

Clydey
I can't jinx Murray, he's too good a player. I can't fight it anymore. I have decided to accept these facts with calm. :shrug:

:lol:

Clydey
06-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Tangy is just trolling and trying to jinx Murray. No worries Tangy, you didn't have to go through the trouble, Murray will probably fall to some on-fire ball basher along the way.

Yes, Nina. Hit Tangy with the counter-jinx.

Tursunov will hit Murray off the court. Never in doubt.

scoobs
06-09-2009, 09:37 PM
I think he's playing the same way he always has, but just closer to the baseline these days. I still have nightmares about his matches vs. Verdasco and Davydenko in Dubai 2008. He was hugging the backboards, putting the ball in the middle of the court, hoping they would miss.

The US broadcast of his US Open semi illustrated the problem he has when he stands way back and doesn't move forward and take more of the court (he did it a few times against Nadal in the third set). He gives his opponent more court to work with. When you're closer to the baseline, you reduce the angle the opponent has to work with. And against someone who is hitting the ball well, he gets dragged all over the court.
well yes.

what will be crucial to Murray's success on grass is how willing he is to control the real estate on the court, if he does allow himself to be pushed back too often, the movement will be exposed and he can be hit through. He will need to keep his game nicely mixed up but be prepared to take the ball moving forward when the chances come and end points quickly. He must not allow himself to be dictated to like he was against Gasquet for 2 1/2 sets and again for 3 sets against Nadal.

finishingmove
06-09-2009, 09:39 PM

:spit: :haha:

seriously, murray will win a slam this year, it is INEVITABLE.

NinaNina19
06-09-2009, 09:41 PM

You're not supposed to acknowledge counter jinxes:rolleyes:.

Clydey
06-09-2009, 09:43 PM
You're not supposed to acknowledge counter jinxes:rolleyes:.

I wasn't counter-jinxing. I meant it! Tursunov will straight set snaggle tooth.

Clydey
06-09-2009, 09:43 PM
:spit: :haha:

seriously, murray will win a slam this year, it is INEVITABLE.

Dude, stop it. For real, yo. :mad:

MatchFederer
06-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Well, I reckon Murray will win at least 1 major in his career, and maybe 3-5.

scoobs
06-09-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't think he will win one this year.

I don't think it will happen, if it does happen, until people are starting to think he's missed the boat and will never win one.

Commander Data
06-09-2009, 09:48 PM
he will win the calendar Slam! On wait that was Rafa....:yawn:

On a more serious note. Murray can't win them because Federer wins them already. Sorry about that.

Clydey
06-09-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't think he will win one this year.

I don't think it will happen, if it does happen, until people are starting to think he's missed the boat and will never win one.

Exactly. He has no chance this year.

MatchFederer
06-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Murray's Brain and Murray's game are hot. He could just do with a bit more finishing power, but the faster courts are gonna help him out.. and in time his ability at the net will help him out even more. I think Murray will find ways to win majors.

finishingmove
06-09-2009, 09:52 PM

yes, looking skill wise, but he'll get lucky.

i can feel it.

Clydey
06-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Well, I reckon Murray will win at least 1 major in his career, and maybe 3-5.

Love the avatar. As a Scotsman, I appreciate an attractive sheep.

I was driving by a farm one day when I was back up North. An English mate was down visiting, so I decided to wind him up. We drove past a bunch of sheep. I looked out the window, pointed to one of them and said "Look at the arse on that. Nice."

He actually said, "Do you guys actually, you know, do that? Seriously, though?"

MatchFederer
06-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Love the avatar. As a Scotsman, I appreciate an attractive sheep.

I was driving by a farm one day when I was back up North. An English mate was down visiting, so I decided to wind him up. We drove past a bunch of sheep. I looked out the window, pointed to one of them and said "Look at the arse on that. Nice."

He actually said, "Do you guys actually, you know, do that? Seriously, though?"

:lol: :lol:

That is actually brilliant..

Crazy Girl
06-09-2009, 10:01 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes:Anything else?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

q.j.
06-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Murray will win at least one slam this year.
Thank you tangy, i have seen the light :worship:

scoobs
06-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Federer deciding to add a little pressure of his own.

finishingmove
06-09-2009, 10:59 PM
never in doubt if the goat says so himself

Certinfy
06-09-2009, 11:00 PM
These mind games seriously have to stop now!

FedFan_2007
06-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Did Roger say something about Andy's chances?

DJ Soup
06-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Delpo will stop Murray at US Open.

finishingmove
06-09-2009, 11:12 PM
del potro will beat dimitrov AND federer at wimbledon.

tennizen
06-09-2009, 11:24 PM
I don't know about USOpen but Wimbledon is in the bag. Rafa is injured:bigcry: and will lose in the first round. Federer is too happy and will lose in the third round. Djokovic is too sad and will lose in the 2nd round. The rest of the tour is filled with mugs.

cocrcici
06-09-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't know about USOpen but Wimbledon is in the bag. Rafa is injured:bigcry: and will lose in the first round. Federer is too happy and will lose in the third round. Djokovic is too sad and will lose in the 2nd round. The rest of the tour is filled with mugs.

:haha:

dylan24
06-09-2009, 11:29 PM
bullshit
he wont' win either.
overated loser murray is.
never can step up in slams.

Corey Feldman
06-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Yep

Clydey
06-09-2009, 11:46 PM
bullshit
he wont' win either.
overated loser murray is.
never can step up in slams.

Murray reached his first slam final at the 12th attempt. Federer reached his first slam final at the 18th attempt.

I wish people would take time to research the facts before spouting off. Murray has only competed in 14 majors due to injuries.

Clydey
06-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Yep

What's with the Fed-love in the sig? Is your heart made of tartan or Swiss chocolate?

Corey Feldman
06-09-2009, 11:48 PM
What's with the Fed-love in the sig? Is your heart made of tartan or Swiss chocolate?no room for Muzza right now until he gets his act together and stops playing WTA crap :shrug:

rob88hock
06-09-2009, 11:50 PM
agreed

Clydey
06-09-2009, 11:54 PM
no room for Muzza right now until he gets his act together and stops playing WTA crap :shrug:

I don't even know who you are...

You're dead to me.

Where the fuck is the Mikey who used to have a haggis where his heart should be? :mad:

Arkulari
06-09-2009, 11:58 PM
:rolls:

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/images/braveheart.jpg

clydey is going all Wallace on you Mikey :lol:

and BTW: how good have the Slams results this year being for Muzza? not to mention that if you compare him to Roger, well, Roger won his first SEVEN GS finals and Muzza has only gotten like 1... :rolleyes:

I won't count the guy out, as well as I don't count Djoker out either, but I do believe they have yet to prove themselves as consistent factors on slams :shrug:

sammy01
06-09-2009, 11:59 PM
someones been listening to andrew castle and john lloyd again!

i implore you mute the t.v when either comes on screen.

Clydey
06-10-2009, 12:07 AM
:rolls:

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/images/braveheart.jpg

clydey is going all Wallace on you Mikey :lol:

and BTW: how good have the Slams results this year being for Muzza? not to mention that if you compare him to Roger, well, Roger won his first SEVEN GS finals and Muzza has only gotten like 1... :rolleyes:

I won't count the guy out, as well as I don't count Djoker out either, but I do believe they have yet to prove themselves as consistent factors on slams :shrug:

Huh? Murray reached his first slam final at the 12th attempt. Federer took 18 attempts. So what if Murray only has 1 slam final? He got there quicker than Roger. He didn't have the good fortune to play a Mark Phillipousis in his first GS final, though.

Clydey
06-10-2009, 12:08 AM
someones been listening to andrew castle and john lloyd again!

i implore you mute the t.v when either comes on screen.

I can't stand Andrew Castle. Not crazy about Lloyd either, but Andrew Castle is the biggest twat on television. He's just full of shit.

Raquel
06-10-2009, 12:11 AM
I really feel this is his year to break through. It's now or never. :p :devil:

He better do it now then!! ;)

Go Andy :rocker2:

Raquel
06-10-2009, 12:13 AM
I can't stand Andrew Castle. Not crazy about Lloyd either, but Andrew Castle is the biggest twat on television. He's just full of shit.I agree. He was on GMTV the other day saying to Blazin' Squad what a great show they put on and how glad he was to see them reform, without a hint of irony. His tennis knowledge is even worse. It was quite funny though last year when he said, lips quivering, "I'm sorry, but no, it was always be Henman Hill to me" :lol:

sammy01
06-10-2009, 12:18 AM
I agree. He was on GMTV the other day saying to Blazin' Squad what a great show they put on and how glad he was to see them reform, without a hint of irony. His tennis knowledge is even worse. It was quite funny though last year when he said, lips quivering, "I'm sorry, but no, it was always be Henman Hill to me" :lol:

hes a complete tit. he was a nobody at tennis, and unlike using his knowledge of how tough tennis is in the lower ranks and having a joke at his own expense (like sam smith), he tries to give the opinion people want to hear.

i switched over when he was talking about british players and wild cards, he would give one to anyone who can hold a racket.

Raquel
06-10-2009, 12:25 AM
hes a complete tit. he was a nobody at tennis, and unlike using his knowledge of how tough tennis is in the lower ranks and having a joke at his own expense (like sam smith), he tries to give the opinion people want to hear.
Yeah at least Sam and Mark Petchey can joke at their own expense. So can Tim Henman who achieved way more than any of them. Especially Mark though, who is the best British commentator the BBC have but maybe doesn't fit the smarmy TV persona and name recognition Andrew Castle has and therefore doesn't get as many big matches to commentate on. Mark and Sam talk a lot of sense and acknowledge the fact they weren't superstars but Andrew doesn't so much. I remember him saying during a final or semi final at Wimbledon, something about how he felt during a British National final in the 1980s and comparing it. John McEnroe was good enough not to touch that remark and stayed silent :p

cocrcici
06-10-2009, 12:29 AM
And AO and FO:D

sammy01
06-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Yeah at least Sam and Mark Petchey can joke at their own expense. So can Tim Henman who achieved way more than any of them. Especially Mark though, who is the best British commentator the BBC have but maybe doesn't fit the smarmy TV persona and name recognition Andrew Castle has and therefore doesn't get as many big matches to commentate on. Mark and Sam talk a lot of sense and acknowledge the fact they weren't superstars but Andrew doesn't so much. I remember him saying during a final or semi final at Wimbledon, something about how he felt during a British National final in the 1980s and comparing it. John McEnroe was good enough not to touch that remark and stayed silent :p

sam smith is pure comedy, her self-depricating style has me in stiches.

'i never had a problem going from clay to grass, as i always lost early at the french so had plenty of time to prepare'

andrew castle takes himself too seriously, like the example you pointed out. marks cool.

FedFan_2007
06-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Andy will win W/USO followed by 3 CYGS(2010-2012) and promptly retire to raise Highland Cattle:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Skotsky_nahorni_skot.jpg

FedFan_2007
06-10-2009, 12:34 AM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9347/murraykoolaid.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/my.php?image=murraykoolaid.jpg)

:haha: :haha: :haha:

sammy01
06-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Andy will win W/USO followed by 3 CYGS(2010-2012) and promptly retire to raise Highland Cattle:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Skotsky_nahorni_skot.jpg

awwwwwwwwww they look cute, don't let murray near them!

Corey Feldman
06-10-2009, 12:36 AM
John Lloyd and Sam Smith are my faves, altho Johnny Mac is still the daddy and cant wait to hear him at Wimbers

Blondie1985
06-10-2009, 12:55 AM

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1553/kingmurray.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kingmurray.jpg)

LOL.... DELUSIONAL..........:rolleyes:

Corey Feldman
06-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Hello Blondie! :wavey:

dylan24
06-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Murray reached his first slam final at the 12th attempt. Federer reached his first slam final at the 18th attempt.

I wish people would take time to research the facts before spouting off. Murray has only competed in 14 majors due to injuries.

blah blah blah
murray=jankovic

q.j.
06-10-2009, 01:11 AM
Huh? Murray reached his first slam final at the 12th attempt. Federer took 18 attempts. So what if Murray only has 1 slam final? He got there quicker than Roger. He didn't have the good fortune to play a Mark Phillipousis in his first GS final, though.

this one's a keeper :worship:

optimism
06-10-2009, 01:25 AM

At this rate (18/12) Murray is going to get 21/22 slams by age 28:worship::worship::worship:

guga2120
06-10-2009, 02:11 AM
It would be good to see Andy, win atleast one of these. There is no player he can not beat on either surface.

Ciarán.
06-10-2009, 02:14 AM
Gtfo.

Ciarán.
06-10-2009, 02:15 AM
blah blah blah
murray=jankovic

Murray is not a tranny with a face like a busted orange.
This guy has some serious talent. JJ runs balls from the baseline and waits for the error :shrug:. Pretty terrible comparison.

finishingmove
06-10-2009, 02:27 AM
ban for comparing atp and wta

Arkulari
06-10-2009, 02:43 AM

Rafa got to his first slam final after what? 6 tournaments played? :shrug:

you cannot compare the age or the amount of tournaments one player got before he reached a final, their peak ages cannot be considered the same way and not all of them take the same time to do so, if they ever do :shrug:

like I said, I wouldn't count Muzza out on a Slam, but to be honest, his Slam performance this year hasn't been good enough to consider him a super favorite, specially after the AO failure, a chance? hell yeah, he has the biggest chance UK has had in quite a while, but favorite like Roger or Rafa? No, simply not and will probably not be one until he wins his first slam (which like I said could be in Wimbledon) :shrug:

Steelq
06-10-2009, 02:44 AM
This guy has some serious talent. JJ runs balls from the baseline and waits for the error :shrug:. Pretty terrible comparison.

Have you really tried to describe Murray or just did it unintentionally? :shrug:

Mimi
06-10-2009, 03:39 AM
wasn't ninanina already created a murray winniing wimby 09 thread a few months ago :p

chammer44
06-10-2009, 04:19 AM
Fed is just too strong on the Grass. Only a healthy Rafa can contest him. I want to see Andy do well. But I doubt he could seriously challenge Federer.

marcRD
06-10-2009, 04:26 AM
Andy Murray will not win Wimbledon or USOPEN but he will win Queens.

roberthenman
06-10-2009, 04:37 AM
yes sure :yeah:

freeandlonely
06-10-2009, 05:07 AM
USO is more possible.

dan_the_man1983
06-10-2009, 05:41 AM
I have him as the 2nd favourite for the US Open after Roger.

LinkMage
06-10-2009, 06:26 AM
no room for Muzza right now until he gets his act together and stops playing WTA crap :shrug:

I don't even know who you are...

You're dead to me.

Where the fuck is the Mikey who used to have a haggis where his heart should be? :mad:

:lol:

The old Mikey is back. :D

Arkulari
06-10-2009, 06:40 AM
USO is more possible.

x2 :yeah:

Beat
06-10-2009, 08:49 AM

you could at least have used a more flattering photo of him (though it might be hard finding one).

Bernard Black
06-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Bring it on, hehe.

But seriously, Wimbledon is a huge question mark still. Cannot understate how emphatically he was beaten last year when he faced a determined opponent, so I'm still not convinced of his prowess on the surface. Might make a semi though hopefully which would be a good step forward. U.S. Open is definitely on though, expecting Murray to peak once again for that.

TennisGrandSlam
06-10-2009, 04:38 PM

JMDP will get GS earlier than Murray :D

Deivid23
06-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Won´t bother to read the thread, but I assume the OP is trying to take the piss. It would be funny if reality comes close to that and I don´t think it´s unlikely, Andy has a decent chance to win both tournaments, wait and see.

zcess81
06-10-2009, 05:10 PM
and Masters Cup, and Cinci and Montreal and Shanghai and Paris and...

pica_pica
06-10-2009, 05:26 PM
JMDP will get GS earlier than Murray :D
I hope so too :angel:

I think it is possible given how stable JMDP is mentally and also in his performance. But if you talk about talent I'd say Murray has more.

DDrago2
06-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Vamos, great white hope of Great Britain.

You think "vamos" is somehow necessary to beat Fed or what

tangerine_dream
06-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Julio. :worship:

I Hate Clay, When's Grass Season Starting?

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1821/ihateclayilovegrass.jpg

McAlistar
06-10-2009, 05:38 PM
I would be delighted if he won either won, pressure wise it would be better if he won the US Open, as if he won wimbledon the hype would go through the roof and the media would expect him to win his next hundred matches.

samanosuke
06-10-2009, 05:39 PM
us maybe, for wimbledon is to passive

born_on_clay
06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, and he won't lose a single game in both tournaments
Wishfull thinking

batavlada
06-11-2009, 12:26 PM

LOOOL!

miura
06-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah, and he won't lose a single game in both tournaments
Wishfull thinking
:spit:

What do you call your countless predictions for Rafa?
I'm fairly confident I read somewhere you swore Rafa would win the Calendar Slam this year aswell :rolls:

Goldenoldie
06-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I can't stand Andrew Castle. Not crazy about Lloyd either, but Andrew Castle is the biggest twat on television. He's just full of shit.

Have you never seen Joan Rivers?

Deejay
06-12-2009, 04:35 PM
We all know that apart from last years US Open Murray has never really produced his best when it comes to the grand slams. He seems to produce by far his best tennis in the masters events but when it comes to the slams he seems to struggle finding that balance between defence & attack against the class players. But given his current form on grass and the fact that not many players play well on the surface leads me to think that anything less than a place in the Wimbledon final will be a disappointment? The same thing goes for the US Open in a couple of months. Anyone feel the same? It's about time he really stepped it up in the slams and if he can't do it over the next couple of months then who knows how long he'll go slamless for?

There's no doubt that Federer is the overwhelming favourite for Wimbledon and no matter what happens in Toronto & Cinci he'll be favourite for the Open as well but with Rafa struggling with injury and poor form and Novak being too up and down lately I can only see Murray that can stop him. It's obvious that the next couple of months are going to be huge for Murray as there might not be a better time for him to win a slam.

The Oracle
06-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Another step......now on a winning streak going into Wimbledon just like Nadal did last year at Queens Club.

Andi-M
06-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Hiliarious thread :yeah:

I think Murray will win Wimbledon and USO in his career,and if he dosent this year I will stop supporting him....j/k People are overhyping Murray its so silly. Semis would still be a good result at Wimbledon. He's capable of winning that is obvious!! but winning 7 best of 5 matches is an art really only practised by Federer and Nadal. (yes Nole and roddick have done it too but still unlikely they can repeat)

1.Lets see the draw,
2.Lets assess the fitness and form of all top guys in opening rounds
3.Lets see who makes it into the last 4.

rubbERR
06-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Murray will win another smalltourney, thats it...nothing more

green25814
06-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Murray will win another smalltourney, thats it...nothing more

Your a mug

rubbERR
06-14-2009, 07:12 PM
If he is lucky he will win two MM-tournaments, i hope you feel better now :D

tangerine_dream
06-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Come on everybody and sing! It's the Andy Murray song. http://www.planet-smilies.de/musik/musik_024.gif

Click here to listen to song (http://www.myspace.com/parkrecordslabel).

'Volley Highway' - Lyrics

First place with an ace he moved around with grace
read a newspaper cutting blowing round in space
and it tells of the tale where Murray without fail
tried for the finals to beat all his rivals
and play the game in his own way
be the champion........He's someone you can write about

Come on Andy Andy Murray sing Caledonia wild frontier
Come on Andy Andy Murray
One day you can have no fear
he'll be King of the centre court bathed in cheers

Net ball came the call.....Murray stood tall
though the court looked massive his racket so small
as he drove his way through volley highway
with cuts and passes like lightening flashes
where the points were long.... Murray held on
for a big return
He's someone you can shout about

CHORUS

And now were counting down from Murray mountain
to a date with destiny's champagne fountain
going all the way to make this Summer day
a time of victory....sublime ability
all alone the loser goes home
feels like time to die......but winning
there's something that's so good about

octatennis
06-18-2009, 11:27 PM
yes, he is going to win it.

cocrcici
06-18-2009, 11:35 PM
:bigclap::music::rocker::D

guy in sf
06-19-2009, 07:00 AM
If there was actually a player that was truly british, unlike Murray, and let's say he's seeded 12 and they meet in the semis, who would britain root for?

Mimi
06-19-2009, 07:39 AM
i think he will win it 2 years later, not this year, too mure pressure and also the grass court king roger is still going strong:wavey:

The Oracle
06-20-2009, 01:33 AM
I think it is possible:o:).

Corey Feldman
06-20-2009, 01:34 AM
GO ON MUZZA

take the Asterix cup

Clydey
06-20-2009, 01:45 AM
If there was actually a player that was truly british, unlike Murray, and let's say he's seeded 12 and they meet in the semis, who would britain root for?

Define "truly British"? You do know that England doesn't = Britain, right?

The Oracle
06-23-2009, 09:46 PM
First game is always the hardest.........but I think actually tough first matches will make this more exciting:).

Good job Andy~~

tangerine_dream
06-25-2009, 03:32 AM
Murray under attack from all sides now. Ernie will get his soon enough. :boxing:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/othersport/view/86293/Murray-I-m-no-cheat/

MURRAY: I'M NO CHEAT

25th June 2009
By David Woods

Andy Murray last night hit back angrily at claims he is a cheat.

Today’s second-round opponent Ernests Gulbis has accused Murray of faking injury the last time they played.

But the British No.1 insisted although there were plenty of players on the tour who bend the rules to gain an unfair advantage, he was not one of them.

A year ago Murray beat Latvian Gulbis in three sets on the grass at Queen’s Club, London.

But Gulbis – whose career has been bankrolled by his millionaire father Ainars – moaned on the eve of their Centre Court clash this afternoon: “In the third set he took a medical time-out when it was five-all.

“Actually he didn’t have anything wrong with him. He just broke my rhythm and I wasn’t an experienced enough player to deal with that at the time.”

Apart from Gulbis getting his facts wrong – Murray actually took his break in the first set at 6-5 down and went on to lose it 7-5 – the Scot said he was shocked by Gulbis’ dig.

He pointed out he withdrew from Queen’s the day after his victory due to a thumb injury.

“So that’s very disappointing to hear,” he said. “I never once used any of the rules that certain players have used to try to gain an upper-hand in a match or to slow my opponent down or anything. Definitely when I played him at Queen’s that was not the case.”

Murray said Gulbis had said nothing at the time of their clash, adding: “I didn’t know there was a problem (with him). But I couldn’t grip the racket the following day.

“There are so many things in matches where guys take toilet breaks, injury time-outs, delay you sometimes when you are trying to serve.

“It happens all the time. In 50 per cent of the matches here, guys will have problems on court with line-calls and stuff. It’s just part of sport, I guess.

“It’s a bit like diving in football. It does go on and certain players do it and certain players don’t. I’m one of the guys who doesn’t do it.”

EternalxJourney
06-25-2009, 03:37 AM
Oh snap. Looking forward to the match tomorrow.

zine56
06-25-2009, 05:02 AM
But Gulbis – whose career has been bankrolled by his millionaire father Ainars – moaned on the eve...

is there a point in bring that up? :cuckoo: to make Gulbis less likeable for article purposes? that's so wrong :cuckoo:

camnation
06-25-2009, 05:09 AM
is there a point in bring that up? :cuckoo: to make Gulbis less likeable for article purposes? that's so wrong :cuckoo:
Precisely.

-Evita-
06-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Gulbis :o Apparently good memory isn't your strongest suit.

Though it's not like Gulbis is the only one making factual mistakes. "Today’s second-round opponent Ernests Gulbis has accused Murray of faking injury the last time they played." You would think that a journalist would have done a bit of research - the last time they played was in St. Petersburg, not a year ago.

Månu
06-25-2009, 06:39 AM

British press :worship:

Bargearse
06-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Gulbis wouldn't be the only player being bankrolled by their rich parents. That is no reason to discredit the guy or make him seem less of a player than Murray or anyone else. Anyone know Murray's background? Sure he may seem like a tradesman or a working class hero, but who knows? Maybe his family is also well-heeled.

Clydey
06-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Bit silly of Gulbis to say that. He's either trying to stir up controversy or his memory is a bit dodgy.

Chances are it will fire up Murray a bit.

duong
06-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Gulbis :o Apparently good memory isn't your strongest suit.

Gulbis speaks about the 3rd set he lost, the journalist speaks about the first one.

Probably the mistake is that they were 4-all in the 3rd one instead of 5-5 :shrug:

Not a big deal :rolleyes:

but the British media are so touchy :rolleyes:

Clydey
06-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Gulbis speaks about the 3rd set he lost, the journalist speaks about the first one.

Probably the mistake is that they were 4-all in the 3rd one instead of 5-5 :shrug:

Gulbis is wrong either way.

The British media are touchy, but they aren't spinning it when they say Gulbis accused Murray of cheating. He did. So whatever bad press he gets is fair game.

-Evita-
06-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Bit silly of Gulbis to say that. He's either trying to stir up controversy or his memory is a bit dodgy.

Chances are it will fire up Murray a bit.

I'm sure he's not trying to stir up controversy, it's more likely he forgot that Murray withdrew after the match. In any case, yeah, he was wrong to say it, and I hope he learns from this about how to speak to the press.

Wait, did Murray take two injury timeouts, one in the first set and one in the third? :scratch: I don't remember the match that well. If he took two injury timeouts and still won the match then you'd understand why Gulbis thought there was nothing wrong with Murray and it was just gamesmanship.

duong
06-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Gulbis is wrong either way.

if it's 4-4 in the 3rd set and he lost, it's not at all as if it was 5-5 in the first and he won.

4-4 and 5-5 it's the same.

duong
06-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Wait, did Murray take two injury timeouts, one in the first set and one in the third? :scratch: I don't remember the match that well. If he took two injury timeouts and still won the match then you'd understand why Gulbis thought there was nothing wrong with Murray and it was just gamesmanship.

I don't know, I just guess that the journalist speaks without knowing as usual :shrug:

just to gossip :rolleyes:

duong
06-25-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm sure he's not trying to stir up controversy, it's more likely he forgot that Murray withdrew after the match. In any case, yeah, he was wrong to say it, and I hope he learns from this about how to speak to the press.

exactly this is modern media, and you have to speak with them the way Nadal does : they are too crazy for you to give them any information :rolleyes:

Clydey
06-25-2009, 08:30 AM
if it's 4-4 in the 3rd set and he lost, it's not at all as if it was 5-5 in the first and he won.

4-4 and 5-5 it's the same.

Did you see the match? If a player hurts himself, he's going to get treated. How often do you see Murray call the trainer?

He hurt his thumb right at the end of the 1st set and that's the injury that caused him to withdraw from the tournament. He slipped at 1-0 in the 3rd set and it was a pretty bad slip. It was not 4-4 or 5-5. It was right at the start of the set.

duong
06-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Did you see the match? If a player hurts himself, he's going to get treated. How often do you see Murray call the trainer?

He hurt his thumb right at the end of the 1st set and that's the injury that caused him to withdraw from the tournament. He slipped at 1-0 in the 3rd set and it was a pretty bad slip. It was not 4-4 or 5-5. It was right at the start of the set.

in that case Gulbis's memory is very strange since he won the set :rolleyes:

but anyway I don't care about Murray, I just care about the media.

All this reveals far more about the media (and some forumers) than about Murray or Gulbis :rolleyes:

Clydey
06-25-2009, 08:33 AM

He called the trainer in the first set for the thumb injury which caused him to later with withdraw. Right at the start of the 3rd set, he slipped pretty badly and jarred his groin. The trainer was already out and just gave Murray's groin a massage. It wasn't an injury timeout.

Spirit_fire
06-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Well I don't remember the tournament but if Murray withdrew later on, it's clear that he was in fact injured, and Gulbis is out of line in making those comments.

duong
06-25-2009, 08:38 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=125546&highlight=gulbis+murray

you will see the forulmers are full of "fakers" and all this bullshit :rolleyes:

Gulbis may be wrong, but his stupidity is nothing compared to the forumers'.

-Evita-
06-25-2009, 08:42 AM
He called the trainer in the first set for the thumb injury which caused him to later with withdraw. Right at the start of the 3rd set, he slipped pretty badly and jarred his groin. The trainer was already out and just gave Murray's groin a massage. It wasn't an injury timeout.

Thanks, I remember the slip now. Perhaps it did interfere with Gulbis's concentration but then so do a lot of things :lol: And obviously Murray didn't do it on purpose. I hope they both talk it out before or after the match so that there are no hard feelings or misunderstandings.

orangehat
06-25-2009, 08:47 AM
The British Media will have a field day if Murray takes another injury timeout later today.

Scotso
06-25-2009, 09:25 AM
I think it's a leap to go from what Gulbis said to "cheating." Players accuse others of gamesmanship on a daily basis.

reggie1
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
If there was actually a player that was truly british, unlike Murray, and let's say he's seeded 12 and they meet in the semis, who would britain root for?Any real Britsh tennis fan would root for Murray trust me! The Britsh have had enough of "truly British" tennis stars, pampered, lilly livered upper class twits who don't know how to struggle and fight because everything has been handed to them on a silver plate along with a nice middle to upper class pie crust! Murray is the exception and thank God! If a British person who grew up on a council estate ever wins Wimbledon, I'll eat my hat ;)
When did Ernie say this exactly? Surely he hasn't said this in the last day ot two? Have the press just quoted something he said in his after match press conference from last year?
God, I cannot stand Andrew Castle, the man is so damn smug about everything! He was saying that Murray will beat Ernie in straight sets. Hmph, I'm not so sure. Castle is an example of a "truly British" player who was pretty damned crap imho and who has managed to get a lovely little media career going off the back of being British number one which means he was trounced each match by almost everyone.
God Clydey, me and you are starting to agree on an awful lot lately :lol:

-Evita-
06-25-2009, 10:59 AM
When did Ernie say this exactly? Surely he hasn't said this in the last day ot two? Have the press just quoted something he said in his after match press conference from last year?

He did say it 2 days ago after his match with Ghedin:

Q. The next game could be against Andy Murray, and you've lost twice to Andy in the past. is that something that you look forward to, to testing yourself again against Andy?

ERNESTS GULBIS: Well, first time I lost against him, it was ‑‑

Q. Queen's?

ERNESTS GULBIS: It was Queen's, but it was a strange match because I played pretty well, he played ‑‑ I don't remember how he played, but I had a good feeling. In the third set he took medical time out when it was 5‑All. Actually he didn't have nothing, he just broke my rhythm, and I wasn't an experienced enough player to deal with that at the time.

And then St. Petersburg, I just was tired of the season, so I was happy to play ‑‑ I was trying to play a good match, but I was already in my mind home. I mean, of course I don't say that I would beat him, but ‑‑ so those two matches I lost against him, but I think now if we play in this tournament, I think it's going to be like a new match and the past won't count so much.

pesto
06-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Hmmm. If he said that in his presser, a year after the event, in Britain, he has no-one but himself to blame if the UK media jump on it and paint him in a negative light. Stupid boy.

HeretiC
06-25-2009, 12:23 PM
That match was hilarious, there were medical time-outs, moaning, thumb staring at every lost point, few located and full body massages between the games, but that is all within the rules. Was it a gamesmanship or not, it doesn't matter, Gulbis fell for it and that was his fault.

DekuTheEvilClown
06-25-2009, 12:55 PM
So apparently Gulbis doesn't just lose his brain the minute he steps on the court, he simply doesn't have one to begin with.

reggie1
06-25-2009, 01:05 PM
He did say it 2 days ago after his match with Ghedin:
Thanks Evita :hug: well unless that's been edited,(not by you Evita) I don't actually think what Ernie said is that bad, when he says Murray had "nothing" it could mean he had nothing to trouble Ernie, not that Murray had nothing wrong with him and was pretending? To be fair aswell, English is not Ernie's native tongue. I think people read far too much into what these very young guys say and if I had to converse in a press conference in a foreign language, you can bet your bottom dollar that I would say the wrong thing (I do it in English daily :lol:) or something that was at the very least ambiguous.

Vida
06-25-2009, 01:10 PM
murry is certainly not the most popular guy in the locker room.

Titi
06-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Ball-basher Gulbis should be worrying about himself. Like his comments are going to influence Murray anyway - he's gonna win regardless.

pesto
06-25-2009, 01:49 PM
His English seems excellent - I don't think there's any doubt what he means. The journos in the presser weren't asking leading questions, but you can bet they will be in the next one:

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2009-06-23/200906231245779058984.html

Meliana
06-25-2009, 04:37 PM
But Gulbis – whose career has been bankrolled by his millionaire father Ainars

Actually, I always thought the fact that he was a rich kid and still set out to make a name for himself in sports instead of just spending his dad's millions was to his credit.

In the presser he doesn't seem IMO to be actively accusing Andy of cheating. I think he is just mindlessly talking about their last matches and very naively doesn't realise how his comments will be used by the press. Whether he did it because he is just a silly kid or if it was just a one time lapse I have no idea.

Arkulari
06-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Gosh, this "media war" is created by the actual media, they always highlight and change things to make more headlines :rolleyes:

Corey Feldman
06-25-2009, 10:11 PM
its the press, they are trying to build bad tension around all Muzza's rivals :o

English press, blame them

Vida
06-25-2009, 10:27 PM
its the press, they are trying to build bad tension around all Muzza's rivals :o

English press, blame them

what rivals? only Slam winners can rival each other, rest are puppets.

watchdogfish
06-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Q. Any regrets over your comments regarding Andy? You said the other day that he operated some gamesmanship at the match at Queen's.

ERNESTS GULBIS: I didn't say nothing like that, to be honest. I don't know, because it's like a big ‑‑ I saw on Wimbledon official site that it's like I make something against Andy. No, it's not true. What I said is that in Queen's he broke my rhythm a little bit when we played in third round in third set. He took a medical time‑out when it was 5‑All, I think. The next game I lost my serve. I mean, that's normal to take a medical time‑out if you have something, you know. I said that it only broke my rhythm and I was not experienced enough to deal with that at that moment. I think now I'm experienced enough. Next time something like that happens I'm going to deal with it. That's it.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2009-06-25/200906251245959080250.html

He clarified his comments today :shrug: Actually in the whole interview Ernests is pretty gracious in defeat. :)
British tabloids creating something from nothing :o

chammer44
06-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Back to Latvia you mouthy fucktard.

Clydey
06-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Q. Any regrets over your comments regarding Andy? You said the other day that he operated some gamesmanship at the match at Queen's.

ERNESTS GULBIS: I didn't say nothing like that, to be honest. I don't know, because it's like a big ‑‑ I saw on Wimbledon official site that it's like I make something against Andy. No, it's not true. What I said is that in Queen's he broke my rhythm a little bit when we played in third round in third set. He took a medical time‑out when it was 5‑All, I think. The next game I lost my serve. I mean, that's normal to take a medical time‑out if you have something, you know. I said that it only broke my rhythm and I was not experienced enough to deal with that at that moment. I think now I'm experienced enough. Next time something like that happens I'm going to deal with it. That's it.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2009-06-25/200906251245959080250.html

He clarified his comments today :shrug: Actually in the whole interview Ernests is pretty gracious in defeat. :)

His memory is poor. He won that first set and actually broke Murray. It wasn't the other way around.

luie
06-26-2009, 01:51 AM
what rivals? only Slam winners can rival each other, rest are puppets.
Robin soderking & kohly beg to differ.:worship:

The Oracle
06-26-2009, 01:56 AM
:cool:Q. Any regrets over your comments regarding Andy? You said the other day that he operated some gamesmanship at the match at Queen's.

Helll he better:)....Let's not forget where Wimbledon is held...............

This will be the recurring theme for the British Press during Wimbledon:
ANYONE NOT NAMED MURRAY SHOULD BE DAMNED:D

TMJordan
06-26-2009, 01:57 AM
Gulbis accuses Murray of cheating

How dare he!

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
06-26-2009, 01:59 AM

http://www.freewebs.com/rockyfilms/apollo%20dead.jpg

sawan66278
06-26-2009, 02:34 AM
Andy looked incredible today...and he showed his entire repertoire. The man is looking more and more like the inevitable 2009 Wimbledon champion. I hope.:devil:

tangerine_dream
06-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Can you feel it?

Resistance is futile.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1962/murraybama.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/murraybama.jpg/)

Corey Feldman
06-30-2009, 12:37 AM
3 more matches and the pain will be over - or just beginning ;)

MacTheKnife
06-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Didn't quite look so inevitable there for a while today.. :haha:

Chiseller
06-30-2009, 12:51 AM
05.07.2009 - The Day The Tennis Died

:sad:

ballbasher101
06-30-2009, 01:00 AM
I thought that with Henman gone the matches that Murray would play would be less dramatic, how wrong was I. It is just like Henman all over again, edge of your seat stuff.

Arkulari
06-30-2009, 01:02 AM
if Roger gets ousted by Ivo, there's no way anyone can try to stop Muzza :shrug:

finishingmove
06-30-2009, 01:04 AM
if Roger gets ousted by Ivo, there's no way anyone can try to stop Muzza :shrug:

Wrong.

Murray is a true spartan and will beat RODDICK AND KARLOVIC BACK TO BACK.

roberthenman
06-30-2009, 02:03 AM
sure andy 3 more matches please :yeah:

The Oracle
07-01-2009, 06:07 PM
sure andy 3 more matches please :yeah:
Guess what.........it's actually TWO MORE:)............

Forehander
07-01-2009, 06:43 PM
If Murray beats Federer in the final I'll kill him.

Corey Feldman
07-01-2009, 06:56 PM
haters are shitting themselves now

:haha::haha:

finishingmove
07-01-2009, 07:42 PM
was it ever in doubt?

green25814
07-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Bah.

:haha:

Calidreth
07-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Murray win Wimbledon? :haha:

Maybe in a few years.

DrJules
07-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Murray 6 Roddick 2
Murray 6 Federer 2

Murray has a very real chance of winning Wimbledon.

Calidreth
07-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Murray 6 Roddick 2
Murray 6 Federer 2

Head to heads rarely mean anything in a Grand Slam. You should know that by now.

OrinUK
07-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Have they played each other on grass before?

calvinhobbes
07-02-2009, 12:47 AM
To march is not the same as to arrive. We'll see him still marching after many a summer . . . . .:devil::devil::devil:

roberthenman
07-02-2009, 03:14 AM
Murray 6 Roddick 2
Murray 6 Federer 2

:yeah:

moon language
07-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Murray will get swine flu and consequently lose to Federer in the most boring match in Wimbledon history.

Corey Feldman
07-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Have they played each other on grass before?
who?

if Murray-Roddick, yes, 2006 Wimbledon and young Muz bitch slapped him.

Arkulari
07-02-2009, 08:07 AM
I don't really mind if Roger doesn't win this, he already got RG, there's nothing more I can ask of him this year, but if he wins then AWESOME :woohoo:

vamosinator
07-02-2009, 08:22 AM
2006 Murray killed Roddick in straights, so looks like Murray will enter the Final in cruise control, while Federer it would appear may have his hands full v Haas:o

MariaV
07-02-2009, 08:27 AM
So this is tangy's Murray jinxing thread? :scratch: :lol:

Forehander
07-02-2009, 08:30 AM
In order for Roddick to win this match he needs to have around 90% or better first serves in. His unforced error counts needs to be reduced to less than 10 for the whole match. Winning percentage on both first and second serve needs to be above 90%.

finishingmove
07-02-2009, 08:40 AM
or simply win all the points.

all of them.

Forehander
07-02-2009, 08:47 AM
or simply win all the points.

all of them.

Well yes, basically.

FedFan_2007
07-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Nothing inevitable about it. RoddickDominator will say otherwise.

bokehlicious
07-02-2009, 08:52 AM
When you get outplayed (most of the match) by Wawrinka then you know you're not quite ready to win a slam :shrug:

Forehander
07-02-2009, 08:59 AM
When you get outplayed (most of the match) by Wawrinka then you know you're not quite ready to win a slam :shrug:

This doesn't make alot of sense.

bokehlicious
07-02-2009, 09:02 AM
This doesn't make alot of sense.

We'll see on Sunday... or even tomorrow :o ;)

Forehander
07-02-2009, 09:15 AM
We'll see on Sunday... or even tomorrow :o ;)

He won't win a slam as long as Federer's around :rocker:

FedFan_2007
07-02-2009, 09:19 AM
He won't win a slam as long as Federer's around :rocker:

Are you so sure about that? Fed won't be able to sustain this level for much longer I think.

amonb
07-02-2009, 09:39 AM
He won't win a slam as long as Federer's around :rocker:I would of felt more nervous about Murray facing Djokovic!!! But Fed? :haha: I reckon Murray beats him in straight sets, like Nadal should of done last year!!!

amonb
07-02-2009, 09:43 AM
When you get outplayed (most of the match) by Wawrinka then you know you're not quite ready to win a slam :shrug:No, when you come through a match by playing absolutely shite, you know you're ready to win a slam!!!;)

CescAndyKimi
07-02-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm sure Roger is as confident about beating Murray (If he does get past Roddick) as his fans are. Afterall. his crappy backhand never breaks down when Andy peppers the fuck out of it. :rolleyes:

bokehlicious
07-02-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm sure Roger is as confident about beating Murray (If he does get past Roddick) as his fans are. Afterall. his crappy backhand never breaks down when Andy peppers the fuck out of it. :rolleyes:

Andy has beaten Roger so many times in 5 setters (= where it matters) that Roger must be already browning his pants... Indeed...

orangehat
07-02-2009, 11:03 AM
It's amazing how deluded the Muzzatards are here :haha:

scoobs
07-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Don't tar us all with the same brush. Most of us "muzzatards" think Andy would have a chance but that Roger has to be considered the favourite :shrug:

Bargearse
07-02-2009, 11:08 AM
I haven't been watching too many of Murray's matches because they are on too late so I don't know what kind of form he is in. All I know is that he has temper tantrums inside him just bursting to get out and, should he beat Roddick, we are sure to see those tantrums when gets beaten by Federer in the final.

CescAndyKimi
07-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Andy has beaten Roger so many times in 5 setters (= where it matters) that Roger must be already browning his pants... Indeed...

Yeah Ok, I guess Fed must be relishing the thought of going into a five setter with Andy. Afterall he'll be the massive favourite to outlast him :rolleyes:
Better still, Andy might have trouble keeping up with those massive grounds strokes of Federer, or he might make a ton of unforced errors and hand the match to Fed on a plate. Or he might not even be able to stay in rallies, because Federer moves the ball around so well and Murray isn't an utter notch above when it comes to retrieving and making opponents work for points.

In short, walk over for Fed. Andy don't bother turning up if YOU do make it past Roddick. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm sure Fed will have the advantage when it comes to serving as well, afterall Andy's not the best returner on tour. Federer's backhand will hold up against Andy's 2HBH for sure.

bokehlicious
07-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah Ok, I guess Fed must be relishing the thought of going into a five setter with Andy. Afterall he'll be the massive favourite to outlast him :rolleyes:
Better still, Andy might have trouble keeping up with those massive grounds strokes of Federer, or he might make a ton of unforced errors and hand the match to Fed on a plate. Or he might not even be able to stay in rallies, because Federer moves the ball around so well and Murray isn't an utter notch above when it comes to retrieving and making opponents work for points.

In short, walk over for Fed. Andy don't bother turning up if YOU do make it past Roddick. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm sure Fed will have the advantage when it comes to serving as well, afterall Andy's not the best returner on tour. Federer's backhand will hold up against Andy's 2HBH for sure.

Just check the bookie's odds if you think Andy would be a favourite should he meet Fed in the finals :shrug:

:secret: slams are other animals than MM tourneys :)

Mimi
07-02-2009, 11:18 AM
if the British wants to get more hope for Murray to win, ask the queen not to attend the court should he gets to the final, just "tell lies" and hide somewhere not to be seen, otherwise murray's skinny legs may shake like jelly when he sees the queen cheering for him :lol::ignore:

Forehander
07-02-2009, 12:23 PM
I would of felt more nervous about Murray facing Djokovic!!! But Fed? :haha: I reckon Murray beats him in straight sets, like Nadal should of done last year!!!

No, when you come through a match by playing absolutely shite, you know you're ready to win a slam!!!;)

You sound like Andy Murray.

amonb
07-02-2009, 12:54 PM
You sound like Andy Murray.:scratch:

ZakMcCrack
07-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Andy looked incredible today...and he showed his entire repertoire. The man is looking more and more like the inevitable 2009 Wimbledon champion. I hope.:devil:

Albeit downright eligible I do find your enthusiasm for Andy "Talking Large" Murray pretty disturbing - considering your comment of late referring to Roger's alleged lack of sportsmanship:

[...]but I just wish Federer would try to be humble...which he never is[...]

I mean, is it only on Flamingo Road where People are supposed to walk humbly then? Anyway, no offence ;-)

FedFan_2007
07-02-2009, 03:49 PM
if the British wants to get more hope for Murray to win, ask the queen not to attend the court should he gets to the final, just "tell lies" and hide somewhere not to be seen, otherwise murray's skinny legs may shake like jelly when he sees the queen cheering for him :lol::ignore:

No those legs will turn to jelly when he sees the GOAT across the net. It will be "oh shit" again and again.

green25814
07-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Federer is the favourite. But Murray has the best chance of beating him out of anyone in the draw.

FedFan_2007
07-02-2009, 04:39 PM
But Murray-tards insist that he'll roll Fed in 3.

green25814
07-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Then they are retarded. Seriously, Murray will have to play the match of his life to beat Fed in a wimbledon final. But at least it is possible. It could happen.

Swiss Mountain
07-02-2009, 07:28 PM
I would of felt more nervous about Murray facing Djokovic!!! But Fed? :haha: I reckon Murray beats him in straight sets, like Nadal should of done last year!!!

It took 5sets and 3 tie break for a full fit Nadal to beat a sick monoFed in Wimbledon
Fed crushed Nadal the previous years.

Fed humiliated Murray in USO final
Murray, like the Boston paper says:
"pouters like Andy Murray who look like they’ve just come from the proctologist’s office"
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2009/07/02/the_poster_boy_for_grace_under_pressure/

denisgiann
07-02-2009, 08:06 PM
The swiss number 2 fired the warning shot...now its time for the swiss number one...to take him out....for the sake of tennis...peace on earth...peace of our minds:p.... global warming prevention...and harnessing british press.....imagination....:D

Vida
07-02-2009, 08:31 PM
fed will beat murray, and the queen will be happy. now thats REAL talent.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
07-02-2009, 11:11 PM
The way the BBC has covered this obsession with murray is driving me mad!

they interview EVERYONE MALE OR FEMALE, and instead of asking about their performance they ask about murray's chances at wimby

this is just disgraceful, imagine at the AO if the aussies interviewed murray about Hewitt contstanly

so much bias.... ugh

i think i was going to throw up today when today at wimbledon which was supposed to be about the females semis started with a 24 hour countdown to the murray semi

wtf!

Clydey
07-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Then they are retarded. Seriously, Murray will have to play the match of his life to beat Fed in a wimbledon final. But at least it is possible. It could happen.

I don't think he'll have to play the match of his life. For Murray to beat Federer at Wimbledon, he won't be playing spectacular tennis. His goal will be to drag Federer's level down, not raise his own to new heights. He will do what he always does: go after Federer's backhand and extract errors.

Federer is clearly favourite, whether this is 3 sets or 5 sets, at Wimbledon or at Nottingham. Of course, if Federer does win people will start banging on about how Federer always beats Murray in the slams. The fact is that Federer should win that match (if it happens) no matter what the format is. He's a better grass court player.

Drusilla
07-02-2009, 11:45 PM
I don't think he'll have to play the match of his life. For Murray to beat Federer at Wimbledon, he won't be playing spectacular tennis. His goal will be to drag Federer's level down, not raise his own to new heights. He will do what he always does: go after Federer's backhand and extract errors.

Federer is clearly favourite, whether this is 3 sets or 5 sets, at Wimbledon or at Nottingham. Of course, if Federer does win people will start banging on about how Federer always beats Murray in the slams. The fact is that Federer should win that match (if it happens) no matter what the format is. He's a better grass court player.

Are you the same Clydey on youtube?

and Murrayworld?

chammer44
07-02-2009, 11:47 PM
It took 5sets and 3 tie break for a full fit Nadal to beat a sick monoFed in Wimbledon

Go and watch 2007 wimbledon again. Nadal's knee is the only reason he did not take the title that year.

Clydey
07-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Are you the same Clydey on youtube?

and Murrayworld?

Yeah, that's me. What name would I know you by?

Drusilla
07-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah, that's me. What name would I know you by?

That's for me to know.

Let's just say I enjoyed your vids very much and appreciated them.

When you show a bit more courtesey on here and are a bit less cliquey we can share opinions.

But I have appreciated your vids very much...thank you. :)

l_mac
07-03-2009, 12:12 AM

3 tiebreaks?

Did you watch the match? :confused:

Clydey
07-03-2009, 12:15 AM
That's for me to know.

Let's just say I enjoyed your vids very much and appreciated them.

When you show a bit more courtesey on here and are a bit less cliquey we can share opinions.

But I have appreciated your vids very much...thank you. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed my videos, but I'm not about to start sugarcoating what I say just so I can become chummy with you. I'm argumentative and I'm not particularly friendly when I argue, nor do I pretend that I respect opinions that I think are idiotic. If you don't like it, that's unfortunate. I wouldn't advise you to hold your breath while you wait for me to change, though.

Drusilla
07-03-2009, 12:15 AM
3 tiebreaks?

Did you watch the match? :confused:

There you go...he got it wrong...

Was it a big deal?

Always pick on the weak...

Mac saved his ire for the final rounds.

Drusilla
07-03-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed my videos, but I'm not about to start sugarcoating what I say just so I can become chummy with you. I'm argumentative and I'm not particularly friendly when I argue, nor do I pretend that I respect opinions that I think are idiotic. If you don't like it, that's unfortunate. I wouldn't advise you to hold your breath while you wait for me to change, though.

Lol.

You're argumentative for sure...and I often agree with you to be honest.

You are chummy tho...no doubt about it and that's up to you.

I truly have no desire to make friends here at all...but I don't seek to make enemies.

Of course you're cliquey Clydey...tis probably natural but I like your little battles.

And your vids deserve praise...my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed them tonight.

I've absolutely zero wish to be your friend as I'm sure you are with me...but we could have good, constructive, debates from a pro-Murray POV if you dropped the absurdly evident cliqueness....twas all I was saying.

Sugar doesn't come into it.

Be well. :)

Clydey
07-03-2009, 12:23 AM

Fed humiliated Murray in USO final
Murray, like the Boston paper says:
"pouters like Andy Murray who look like they’ve just come from the proctologist’s office"
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2009/07/02/the_poster_boy_for_grace_under_pressure/

Where to start?

Nadal did not win a single tiebreak against Federer in the Wuimbledon 2008 final. he won two sets 6-4 and the final set 9-7.

Fed beat nadal in 4 sets in the first Wimbledon final they played. That is not a crushing scoreline. The second final was closer still, given that it went 5 sets and Federer was largely outplayed from the baseline in that match.

Also, Federer had gotten over his mono long before last year's final. He was even over it before the Australian Open 2008 started.

Clydey
07-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Lol.

You're argumentative for sure...and I often agree with you to be honest.

You are chummy tho...no doubt about it and that's up to you.

I truly have no desire to make friends here at all...but I don't seek to make enemies.

Of course you're cliquey Clydey...tis probably natural but I like your little battles.

And your vids deserve praise...my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed them tonight.

I've absolutely zero wish to be your friend as I'm sure you are with me...but we could have good, constructive, debates from a pro-Murray POV if you dropped the absurdly evident cliqueness....twas all I was saying.

Sugar doesn't come into it.

Be well. :)

I'm not sure who you think I'm cliquey with. Any perceived clique is superficial. MTF likes to assign posters into certain groups. I like a variety of different posters, some of whom don't like the same players I do. You're way off if you think I'm cliquey, since my arguments have little to do with who is involved.

You have to be a bit more specific. I genuinely have no idea what I clique I supposedly belong to, since I'm largely on my own when I argue. I was even having a go at some Murray fans the other day. :lol:

Arkulari
07-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Muzza has a lot of a chance on winning this thing, and even as a Fed fan, I wouldn't really mind since Roger already got the FO this year and we couldn't possibly ask for more, so no matter what happens, whomever wins, deserves it :yeah:

all I feel is a bit for Murray, because the pressure and the expectations are SO high, he says he's not feeling the heat, but even someone who had a lot of GS final experience and was on foreign soil (even if the french love him as one of their own :lol: ) like Roger felt the pressure, I can only imagine how much Murray is feeling right now :unsure:

Once he gets that maiden GS title, things will get much much easier for him ;)

Drusilla
07-03-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm not sure who you think I'm cliquey with. Any perceived clique is superficial. MTF likes to assign posters into certain groups. I like a variety of different posters, some of whom don't like the same players I do. You're way off if you think I'm cliquey, since my arguments have little to do with who is involved.

You have to be a bit more specific. I genuinely have no idea what I clique I supposedly belong to, since I'm largely on my own when I argue. I was even having a go at some Murray fans the other day. :lol:

You like to be a showman...and you do it well.

I would be rude naming names who back that up.

It's not wrong after all...tis a skill in being a showman and you always need stooges.

It's not a criticism...I like how you've backed Murray from the beginning....the evidece is there (I checked) and you deserve some satisfaction from his success now and a huge degree of 'I told you so'.

You defend him well and I appreciate that but (as a lurker) I can't help but notice a recent shift in your arrogance and attitude toward many...perhaps you've moved up the ranking like Murray as a poster but the 'down to earth' feel has been lost.

Tis weird....even the most honest, socialist peeps become driven monsters with success...you've went from a humble, passionate, confident guy to an elite snob (maybe not quite) who thinks he has reached a level now.

My evidence?

I've two friends on here who made good points that you ignored then incorporated in your later arguments vs the Murray haters....posted for the first time around the start of Wimby and continued...Im not so Jane come lately. They made a few comments that were ignored then you lifted them...stats as well...without acknowledging them.

I have to say...you actually did...was it because they were new? You replied to anti-Murray fans but ignored them....fair enough...but still used their comments and stats.

You have a right to be arrogant....you genuinely appear to be one of the earliest Murray fans but you do 'play' here to a large extent.

Tis an observation from three.

Clydey
07-03-2009, 01:01 AM
You like to be a showman...and you do it well.

I would be rude naming names who back that up.

It's not wrong after all...tis a skill in being a showman and you always need stooges.

It's not a criticism...I like how you've backed Murray from the beginning....the evidece is there (I checked) and you deserve some satisfaction from his success now and a huge degree of 'I told you so'.

You defend him well and I appreciate that but (as a lurker) I can't help but notice a recent shift in your arrogance and attitude toward many...perhaps you've moved up the ranking like Murray as a poster but the 'down to earth' feel has been lost.

Tis weird....even the most honest, socialist peeps become driven monsters with success...you've went from a humble, passionate, confident guy to an elite snob (maybe not quite) who thinks he has reached a level now.

My evidence?

I've two friends on here who made good points that you ignored then incorporated in your later arguments vs the Murray haters....posted for the first time around the start of Wimby and continued...Im not so Jane come lately. They made a few comments that were ignored then you lifted them...stats as well...without acknowledging them.

I have to say...you actually did...was it because they were new? You replied to anti-Murray fans but ignored them....fair enough...but still used their comments and stats.

You have a right to be arrogant....you genuinely appear to be one of the earliest Murray fans but you do 'play' here to a large extent.

Tis an observation from three.

I can scarcely imagine another post that reads so much into so little. Your assessment is woefully inaccurate. Everything you have just said is way off base. I genuinely don't know where to start. You make me sound like Robin Hood gone bad. I'm being compared to some sort of socialist who was turned into a dictator? This has to be a windup or a troll attempt. :lol:

I have absolutely no way of explaining anything you've accused me of, since you are deliberately being vague. Which stats and which friends are you referring to? I don't recall lifting anyone's stats. And if I did, there was certainly nothing sinister involved. We're not being marked on our posts here. I'm not required to reference. That said, I would give credit if, firstly, I remembered and, secondly, if I felt it was deserved.

So care to be more specific?

On an unrelated note, I'm on BBC Radio Berkshire again tomorrow between 8 and 8.30am. Feel free to listen in if you want to take the piss out of my boyish voice.

tangerine_dream
07-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Larry pulling a Roger here. Thanks for the tip, Larry. :yeah:

Murray needs to attack - Roddick coach

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8131843.stm

l_mac
07-03-2009, 01:08 AM
There you go...he got it wrong...

Was it a big deal?

Always pick on the weak...

Mac saved his ire for the final rounds.

:retard:

SwissMountain is a trolling clown.

Also Clydey has been a twat since he joined MTF. Hope this helps.

Clydey :hug:

Drusilla
07-03-2009, 01:09 AM
I can scarcely imagine another post that reads so much into so little. Your assessment is woefully inaccurate. Everything you have just said is way off base. I genuinely don't know where to start. You make me sound like Robin Hood gone bad. I'm being compared to some sort of socialist who was turned into a dictator? This has to be a windup or a troll attempt. :lol:

I have absolutely no way of explaining anything you've accused me of, since you are deliberately being vague. Which stats and which friends are you referring to? I don't recall lifting anyone's stats. And if I did, there was certainly nothing sinister involved. We're not being marked on our posts here. I'm not required to reference. That said, I would give credit if, firstly, I remembered and, secondly, if I felt it was deserved.

So care to be more specific?

I think it was too much effort for a troll...

...and besides...I'd be largely condemning you if I was.

I'm not...we largely agree.

We're both fans of the same individual.

I have no wish to berate you...merely made a point.

Disregard it as you wish...tis a forum, I made a point...no verbal insult.

As I started in saying, I loved your vids.

How you act now to others is up to you.

It wasn't only my opinon so I felt I'd mention it...

You've considered it now - point made.

Be well Clydey. :)

Clydey
07-03-2009, 01:11 AM
I think it was too much effort for a troll...

...and besides...I'd be largely condemning you if I was.

I'm not...we largely agree.

We're both fans of the same individual.

I have no wish to berate you...merely made a point.

Disregard it as you wish...tis a forum, I made a point...no verbal insult.

As I started in saying, I loved your vids.

How you act now to others is up to you.

It wasn't only my opinon so I felt I'd mention it...

You've considered it now - point made.

Be well Clydey. :)

Like l_mac said, I've been a **** since I joined MTF (I'm paraphrasing). This isn't a new development.

Drusilla
07-03-2009, 01:12 AM
:retard:

SwissMountain is a trolling clown.

Also Clydey has been a twat since he joined MTF. Hope this helps.

Clydey :hug:

I thought you were gone?

I make my own opinions on people - Clydey is Robin Hood turned bad lol.

When Murray is No.1 he's the sheriff of Nottingham..nowhere else he can go!

l_mac
07-03-2009, 01:14 AM
I thought you were gone?
:confused:

I make my own opinion s on people

Well done :worship:

tangy how will you feel when this thread turns into Murray's victory thread? Proud? :D

Bagelicious
07-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Once he gets that maiden GS title, things will get much much easier for him ;)

Some other poster (can't remember who) made an interesting point earlier - which I agree with - that it might be better if Murray's first slam isn't Wimbledon.

That way the British media hype isn't as horrible and at the same time, it helps take pressure off winning Wimbledon in future.

Andi-M
07-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Larry pulling a Roger here. Thanks for the tip, Larry. :yeah:

Murray needs to attack - Roddick coach

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8131843.stm

Sounds really confident this Stefanki.

Drusilla
07-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Like l_mac said, I've been a **** since I joined MTF (I'm paraphrasing). This isn't a new development.

No..you haven't.

You acted like one.

You've only been one for real, recently.

Drusilla
07-03-2009, 01:20 AM
:confused:

Well done :worship:

Nowhere near as good as my earlier putdown.

Clydey
07-03-2009, 01:22 AM
No..you haven't.

You acted like one.

You've only been one for real, recently.

Trust me, it has never been an act. I am a twat when I argue. I couldn't be more of a dick if I think what you are saying is stupid. I argue a lot on here, so that is the side people most often see. It has never been an act, despite what you believe. My mum even thinks I'm a **** when I argue.

Clydey
07-03-2009, 01:23 AM
Only if I'm recognized as the best anti-jinxer in MTF history.

Maybe you'll be made a Dame by the Queen for your part in his victory.

Corey Feldman
07-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Stefanki needs to have a glass of STFU

Drusilla
07-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Trust me, it has never been an act. I am a twat when I argue. I couldn't be more of a dick if I think what you are saying is stupid. I argue a lot on here, so that is the side people most often see. It has never been an act, despite what you believe. My mum even thinks I'm a **** when I argue.

Then you must have had an innocent face...for a true cock.

You fooled me then as I thought you were a good peep...tis satisfying in a way to know you were a black-hearted bastard all along.

Mums are wise...ta for the vids...don't go dissappearing up your own rectum.

Same goes for you I-Mac but I fear it is too late..for one, either, both...

Should be an adventure for you though.

Go Murray...

Night.

tangerine_dream
07-03-2009, 01:39 AM
:retard: :cuckoo: :crazy:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/tennis/2514476/Beam-us-up-Andy.html

SHOOTING star Andy Murray is on a mission to end 71 years of British hurt today - and boldly go through to the Wimbledon men's final.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1796/sportindex2838074a.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/i/sportindex2838074a.jpg/)

Clydey
07-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Then you must have had an innocent face...for a true cock.

You fooled me then as I thought you were a good peep...tis satisfying in a way to know you were a black-hearted bastard all along.

Mums are wise...ta for the vids...don't go dissappearing up your own rectum.

Same goes for you I-Mac but I fear it is too late..for one, either, both...

Should be an adventure for you though.

Go Murray...

Night.

What you have to realise is that you don't really know anyone on here. I don't really know anyone on here. I am defined on here by, arguably, the worst part of my personality: being argumentative. There are so many idiots on here that it brings out the worst in me. For that reason, I am one of the biggest ****s on the forum. It's a bit of defect that I'm working on. I'm trying to be less aggressive when I argue. When I'm not arguing, I'm sound. :shrug:

The problem is that you won't often find me on here not arguing, so you don't have experience of me not being a twat unless you frequent Non-Tennis in the off-season. :lol:

pesto
07-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Hah, I like the strapline to that BBC piece:

"Andy Roddick's coach Larry Stefanki says Andy Murray's "court sense" is one of his greatest assets, but adds that the Scot needs to be more offensive."

Should come to MTF. Could learn to be a complete **** here.

Clydey
07-03-2009, 01:43 AM

SHOOTING star Andy Murray is on a mission to end 71 years of British hurt today - and boldly go through to the Wimbledon men's final.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1796/sportindex2838074a.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/i/sportindex2838074a.jpg/)

That's pretty good by The Sun's standards.

The Daily Record will likely photoshop Muzza's head onto Mel Gibson's body and have him perched on horseback with a speech bubble that says "Freedom!"

These twats are as subtle as a brick to the face.

Corey Feldman
07-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Fash updated his famous song :lol:

nirpCcwQZ-U

green25814
07-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Fash updated his famous song :lol:

nirpCcwQZ-U

:worship:

iSzavay.
07-03-2009, 03:32 AM
What is this thread :confused:???

mistercrabs
07-03-2009, 03:42 AM
Is this his advice: "Turn up."

finishingmove
07-03-2009, 05:46 AM

lol