Where can you watch the non-GS tournaments on TV? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Where can you watch the non-GS tournaments on TV?

DorianGray7
06-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm a tennis fan, but I normally only been able to watch the four Grand Slams a year on TV on ESPN2, Tennis Channel and the finals on NBC.

I would love to watch Tennis all year round such as this week's tournament at Halle, but are these ATP tournaments ever shown on TV?

Tennis Channel always show those old matches and the signature series... hell Tennis Channel didn't even show the finals of RG. :confused:

ESPN2 is completely American Sports biased and always show ridiculous NASCAR or basketball or other American-only trash sports. (They don't even show Cricket or Rugby and only very rarely Champions League football)

Where can I watch these smaller tournaments such as Rome, Madrid, Halle, Queens, etc.

straitup
06-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Well they show all of the Masters 1000 events on the Tennis Channel, and the coverage is really good there...they usually do 8-9 hours of coverage per day until it gets to the later rounds.

Tournaments like Halle and Queens, you won't be able to see here on American TV unfortunately, except I think the Tennis Channel is showing the semis and finals of Queens.

Otherwise, I think TV coverage picks up during the summer hardcourt season (aka the US Open series) - I'm pretty sure they show alot of those matches on ESPN2.

And for the smaller tournaments, always check tennis channel on like Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...they never really get earlier rounds of these tournaments, but occasionally they will show later rounds

MIMIC
06-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Sometimes FOX Sports carries non-GS tennis matches. The network "VS" also carried them sometimes. It's rather hit or miss when it comes to TV.

Internet streams are the way to go. usually.

out_here_grindin
06-10-2009, 02:21 AM
The clay and indoor seasons are the absolute abscence of TV tennis coverage in the US. But quite a bit of the US Open series is shown on ESPN2