Taste is the feminine form of genius [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Taste is the feminine form of genius

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 09:07 PM
To aid my memory and broaden our range:

Ellen
Level 1: Gulbis - Djokovic
Level 2: Roddick - Simon - Del Potro - Youzhny - Nadal - other Latvians - Belgians
Level 3: Chardy - Gonzalez - Cilic - Kunitsyn - other Frenchies, Bryan bros
Level 4: Other players
I don't really hate anyone except Almagro.

Raquel
Level 1: Nole
Level 10: Dancevic
Level 11: Gillou, Kolya and Wawa
Level 12: A bunch of players

Raine
1. Novak Djokovic
2. Baghdatis
3. Clement
4. Safin - Tsonga - Verdasco
5. Hewitt- Soderling- Roddick - Gulbis -Simon
6. Ferrero - Moya - Haas - Cilic - Ancic
7. Tipsarevic - Monfils
8. Troicki - Gasquet - Tursunov
9. Berdych - Youzhny - Blake - Wawrinka
10. Murray
Dislike list: Federer, Nadal and Sharapova

Rosie
Level 1: Djokovic
Level 2: Tipsarevic
Level 3: Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilic, Ancic, Baghdatis, Soderling, Kolya
Level 4: Most other players
And contrary to popular opinion I don't "hate" anyone either But I do admit to disliking some -mainly:
a) Nadal
b) Bryan Twins - Andy Murray - Nicolas Kiefer - Andy Roddick

Elle
1. Djokovic
2. Federer
3. Rafa (though mostly off court. For some reason, I sometimes find myself unwillingly cheering for the underdog whenever he's playing)
Then in no particular order - Delpo, Simon, Verdasco, Davydenko, Monaco, Ancic, Cilic, Tipsy, Ferrer, Wawrinka, Safin, PHM and others.
I don't like:
Roddick, Murray, BryanBros, Blah (as in Blake), Monfils, SB's on court antics (though off court ), Fogninny.

*Ljubica*
06-09-2009, 08:00 AM
LOL - now we are all here for posterity. Elle has added hers now, so you can add that one :)

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 08:29 AM
I think you need to add yours, H.

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Your wish is my command :D

Nole
Roger
Rafa and Richie
Andykins
Gael, Nenad, Marin and Gillou
Ernie, Kolya, Roddick, Chardy, Lleyton, Ljubicic and Giraffe.

Dislikes:
The SB
Nalbandian
Lopez
Fogninny.

ellen_
06-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Herdwick, you missed my post that I love the Bryan brothers! :eek: They're at level 2. Well, maybe they've dropped a place after I became fan of JM, Simon, and the other Latvians. Level 3 then, please!

arm
06-09-2009, 09:09 AM
This is fun. :bounce:

I forgot about Kolya. :awww: He is level 11 as well. :kiss:

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Noted for posterity.:D

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Your wish is my command :D

Nole
Roger
Rafa and Richie
Andykins
Gael, Nenad, Marin and Gillou
Ernie, Kolya, Roddick, Chardy, Lleyton, Ljubicic and Giraffe.

Dislikes:
The SB
Nalbandian
Lopez
Fogninny.

Thanks m'dear :hatoff:

Our top 3 are the same except for Richie. I'm quite indifferent to babyFed :lol:
And I completely forgot about Fognini ugh. His face makes me want to vomit.

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Fogfeatures duly added.:spit:

Only seen a couple of matches of his but he immediately made me want to slap him. And not in an 'exasperated but I quite like you' Safin type of way but slap him really hard.

:awww: Richie I have followed since he was 17 or so. He has irritated me beyond measure during that time but I retain fondness and - albeit increasingly forlorn - hopes for him.:smash:

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 10:13 AM
I just remembered two more of my likes while showering - Safin and PHM :devil: Le sigh. These two are purely for :drool: reasons. Oh and the fact I was showering was not why I remembered them...I dont think... :lol:

Oh and re: Richie - I think I am indifferent because from what I have seen of him on court he doesn't seem to have much of a personality. I can see he has a natural talent for tennis but as people have said, he has not fulfilled his promise :shrug: Plus, he was rather curt with the fans after his win over Taylor Dent in Brisbane. Even Dent, who lost, was much more courteous and stayed at least 15minutes longer than Richie so. hm.

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Any particular order? Or just in with the general herd?:lol:

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 10:22 AM
No particular order :ras:

arm
06-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Herdwick is very commited to upatding this thread. :worship: :rolls:

BTW, love the title. :bounce:

arm
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
BTW, I have a problem. You see, I like Murray as well. :shrug: Ideally and realitically, Nole as #1 and Andykins as #2 would be perfect for me. :D

But I don't like like Andykins, I just like. :rolls:

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Herdwick's commitment is not in doubt:angel:

Am beginning to think we do have a certain collective talent for titles. Looking round some other forums they tend to be very boring and predictable - 'The XXXX cheering thread' or 'XXXX at Roland Garros'.

We are creativity personified here by comparison :D :bounce:

Raquel - I don't quite understand that last post? :confused:

arm
06-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Herdwick's commitment is not in doubt:angel:

Am beginning to think we do have a certain collective talent for titles. Looking round some other forums they tend to be very boring and predictable - 'The XXXX cheering thread' or 'XXXX at Roland Garros'.

We are creativity personified here by comparison :D :bounce:

Raquel - I don't quite understand that last post? :confused:

You mean, you are! :nerner: And perhaps Rosie as she always helps you. ;)

Oh well, maybe you're right. Nobody here is as creative as you are, but it's true than whenever the rest of us are responsible for a tournament thread, pretty much everyone manages to come up with a different/funny/creative title. :D :bounce:

So Nole fans are not only known for chatting everywhere but also for creative titles. :bounce: I like it. :D

ellen_
06-09-2009, 10:44 AM
We have a title queen with Zahirah on Ernie's board too :worship: Titles are never boring :lol:

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I shall go and investigate Ernie's Empire then :lol:

arm
06-09-2009, 10:49 AM
BTW, 2 days ago I had, what I think it is, a good idea for the Wimby thread:

"This time the grass will be greener on our side of the net! :D"

Thoughts on this? :rolls:

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 10:53 AM
BTW, 2 days ago I had, what I think it is, a good idea for the Wimby thread:

"This time the grass will be greener on our side of the net! :D"

Thoughts on this? :rolls:

Tempting fate IMO...;) - perhaps some conditionality?
But of course you are Fortuna - there is no room for uncertainty in your view of the world :lol:

'Riga Mortis' :haha: - superb!

arm
06-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Tempting fate IMO...;) - perhaps some conditionality?
But of course you are Fortuna - there is no room for uncertainty in your view of the world :lol:

'Riga Mortis' :haha: - superb!

You know that if's me coming up with a title, it will be one hell of an optimistic one. :rolls:

Conditionality? But how would you put that in that title? :scratch:

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Perhaps change 'will' to something else?

After all, we don't want to be accused of arrogance now do we? :angel:

arm
06-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Arrogance? Hell no! Just positivity and optimim! :D :bounce:

But perhaps "Hoping for the grass to be greener on our side of the net - Wimby 2009 :D"

It doesn't really matter anyway, I am not sure I should be the one starting the thread. :scared:

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Fine by me.:D

But it might be nice to blood another of our virgins - I think Elle is still unsullied, thread-wise at least :lol:?

arm
06-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I know it's fine by you. :nerner: But I just started Rome a month ago and it was my first tournament thread, so I think that Wimby should be started by either a virgin or someone more exeperienced than me. :bounce: :rolls:

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Ok - bring on the virgins :lol:

Elle - we await your response with baited breath.:D

arm
06-09-2009, 11:37 AM
We coudl also ask Noleta to start it and use my first title. :shrug: Notice what happened with RG? She told us to expect the unexpected... and she was damn right. :rolls:

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 11:44 AM
:lol: I accept the challenge. Afterall, how much worse can Nole do at Wimby this year? :tape:

ellen_
06-09-2009, 11:46 AM
:lol: I accept the challenge. Afterall, how much worse can Nole do at Wimby this year? :tape:

It was bad, but it could still be worse so don't say that too often :lol:

arm
06-09-2009, 11:47 AM
:woohoo: Elle :hug:

:bounce: Fresher to start wimby, I am even more confident now. :D :bounce: :rolls:

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Haha I like your title too Raquel! I may have to steal if nothing better pops along. I was thinking along those same lines anyway :)

arm
06-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Sure elle :kiss: When I mentioned my idea I wasn't thinking of starting the thread. :p Just sharing it in case anyone runs out of ideas. :D

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 12:07 PM
:kiss:

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Go Elle :bounce:

Embrace your unexplored creativity...

*Ljubica*
06-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Madam Herdwick :hatoff: I was also a bad girl and forgot poor Kolya :awww: Please can you add him into my Level 3? :D

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Herdwick always obeys.:D

*Ljubica*
06-09-2009, 02:10 PM

arm
06-09-2009, 02:11 PM

:devil: Really?

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 02:12 PM
If asked nicely :angel:

I can be charming and cooperative.

arm
06-09-2009, 02:14 PM
If asked nicely :angel:

I can be charming and cooperative.

Interesting :angel:

Have to go :wavey:

ellen_
06-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Just found out that I actually do hate someone. I just told the story again from Ernests' R2 match at Roland Garros and again I feel my blood boiling :fiery:

Herdwick, I hate Almagro.

Herdwick
06-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Just found out that I actually do hate someone. I just told the story again from Ernests' R2 match at Roland Garros and again I feel my blood boiling :fiery:

Herdwick, I hate Almagro.

I rather agree with you myself. Plus he always reminds me of M.Sarkozy :bolt:

Just don't tell Lee.:D

Lee
06-10-2009, 06:53 PM
You know I can read :D

Noleta
06-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Good luck Elle with starting the Wimbledon thread:kiss::Dand i'm sure he won't be bad like last year:D

Okay madam Herdwick:p

Level one: Djokovic:inlove::hearts:
Level two:Henin:worship:
Level three:Graf:bowdown:

For the rest i'm pretty much a neutral:p

ellewoods
06-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Wimbledon brainstorm -

'It is impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle: Wimbledon 2009'
'In pursuit of a dream: Wimbledon 2009'
'The grass is greener on our side of the net: Wimbledon 2009' - thanks Raquel :kiss:

hm. I suck at this :lol:

Herdwick
06-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Have seen quite a few threads with 'grass is greener' in them.

Possibly a little sober but how about a nod to Brahms...
'Denn alles Fleisch es ist wie Gras'

'All flesh is but grass' :lol:

*Raine
06-15-2009, 03:11 PM
:o

I am so sorry I didn't read this thread before starting the Wimbledon thread. :banghead::banghead: If you want me to change the title again, please say so. :)

Nole fan
01-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Hey, you can add me if you want...

2. Federer / Nadal :cool:
3. Murray / Del Pony / Kolya / Verdasco / Safin / Simon / Gonzalez / Ferrero / Ferrer / Lopez / Hewitt / Sod
4. Everybody else

Dislikes
Roddick a little bit and Tsonga :fiery:

Certinfy
01-20-2010, 10:51 PM
U girls have some bad tastes :o

ellen_
01-20-2010, 10:55 PM
You would definitely be in my list aswell if you were a tennis player. So not too bad, eh? :awww:

Certinfy
01-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Now ur taste is beyond awesome :) *Goes to tennis club to practice*

Nole fan
01-28-2010, 07:37 PM
U girls have some bad tastes :o

Be more specific. :haha:

Nolby
01-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Be more specific. :haha:
Nole_Fan, please join us in the more active blog sometime soon. Certinfy (Jase) was one of the other Muzza/Nole fans (you make 4), but he is gone for a little while. I need all the support I can get right now. :lol:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155891&page=238

Please introduce yourself.

My name is Tim. :wavey:

Nole fan
02-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Nole_Fan, please join us in the more active blog sometime soon. Certinfy (Jase) was one of the other Muzza/Nole fans (you make 4), but he is gone for a little while. I need all the support I can get right now. :lol:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155891&page=238

Please introduce yourself.

My name is Tim. :wavey:

Oh great, thanks for the invitation Tim. :wavey:
But how does this thing work? I mean, there are so many threads that I get myself confused. What's different about this blog?
By the way, great to see a Nole/Murray fan (by that order), I wish these two make an epic rivalry in the future (tired of so much Fedal!) and it's now entirely possible thanks to Nole being nº2! :worship:
I'm trying to get a friend to go with me to Madrid to cheer for Nole, that'd be awesome since I've never seen him play live. I'm also reported to be Nole's nº1 fan in Spain. :lol:
While watching a match between Nole and Rafa, the TV commentator wondered if there was any fan of Djokovic in Spain (since most are Nadal/Federer fans) and asked them to write an email saying so. Well, I was the first one to write and they said my name on TV... lol I was mortified. So officially I'm Nole's nº1 fan in Spain now. :lol:

Nolby
02-04-2010, 05:11 AM
Oh great, thanks for the invitation Tim. :wavey:
But how does this thing work? I mean, there are so many threads that I get myself confused. What's different about this blog?

Hi Nina :wavey:

Ignore the word "blog". I avoided the main "blog" thread for a long time thinking it was an official blog of Nole's activities and had several "serious" authors. I started noticing though that it was getting updated every 10 seconds, and that seemed a little strange for a blog, so I checked it out and it is basically just a place to hang out as a Nole fan and share humour, friendship and things going on in your real life. No need to be intimidated by the "blog" tag as I was when I first saw it too. It is the opposite, and just a great place to get to know other Nole fans and have some fun. :D Actually, I'm not enough of a vet to understand how this area became what it is. I'm sure it can include serious blogging too. Rosie (*Ljubica*), Noleta, Lee or Ellen may have the answer to that question.

By the way, great to see a Nole/Murray fan (by that order), I wish these two make an epic rivalry in the future (tired of so much Fedal!) and it's now entirely possible thanks to Nole being nº2! :worship:

Amen, to those words. :worship: You're preaching to the choir here, Nina. :lol: I noticed you get a lot of grief too for liking Nole and Muzza in that order. Don't let it get you down. We need Jase back asap to have a stronger base. That would give us 3 people anyway. :lol:

I'm trying to get a friend to go with me to Madrid to cheer for Nole, that'd be awesome since I've never seen him play live. I'm also reported to be Nole's nº1 fan in Spain. :lol:
While watching a match between Nole and Rafa, the TV commentator wondered if there was any fan of Djokovic in Spain (since most are Nadal/Federer fans) and asked them to write an email saying so. Well, I was the first one to write and they said my name on TV... lol I was mortified. So officially I'm Nole's nº1 fan in Spain now. :lol:

This story would be perfecto for the main chat blog thread. That is where people talk about going to see the matches and their experiences with making friends Nole fans and their every day lives too without fear of going off topic. No real rules there other than "be yourself".

Something really funny as it relates to your story. The very first Robin Soderling blog I ever found on the Internet was created by someone from Spain. It is funny how areas that get an overdose of a certain national player often end up spawning the best fans for the players that are regarded as rivals or enemies to the home player. I know quite a few of the people who don't like Muzza are Brits tired of his exposure in the media. I'm Irish, so supporting a Scot seems like the right thing to do, but I might be sick of Murray news too if I lived in Great Britain.

Anyway, I'm really no expert, and the rules here seem pretty loose, so I think it is ok to post similar things in this blog too, although it looks like it was sort of abandoned last June. :shrug: