Made 8-1 bet on Fed, now safety bet on Soderling? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Made 8-1 bet on Fed, now safety bet on Soderling?

sirwilliam
06-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Hey, I put a 100 euro (first bet of my life :D) bet on Fed to win it all at 8 to 1 at a local betting shop (Stanley Bet) before the RG started.

That's looking pretty good about now but I was thinking maybe put a few tenners on Soderling at 3 or 4 to 1 if I can find those odds around here just as a safety so I can win back my initial bet should soderling pull off the final upset.

That makes sense, right? Never done this before so I'm just using common sense.

Will

BTW, I will post a pic of the betting slip if Fed wins on Sunday, just to prove it haha or to gloat or whatever. Not that 100 euro means anything to anyone but it'll be a nice little pile if I win ("lunch money" as they say :devil:)

Bloodletting
06-06-2009, 02:57 AM
Look it this way: you'll feel worse if you let it ride and lose than if you hedge it and Fed ends winning it. I have been on both sides and to let it ride and lose feels muuch, much worse

sirwilliam
06-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks Blood, you are correct, sir! That puts it in perspective. Better to hedge and be happy either way!

ExcaliburII
06-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Id Put 200 Euro on Soderling, just in case.

sirwilliam
06-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Hey, in the end I put 50 euro on Soderling, just to cover the other bets (also lost a tenner on Verdasco already) and to make a tiny little profit of 11 euro had Soderling won. But of course Fed pulled it off so I've got 750 euro coming to me. Hehe went to the betting shop last night here and they told me they didn't have enough cash in the till and to come back this afternoon, pretty small time place I guess...

Anyway, thanks again to you guys, Excalibur and Blood, for the advice, it was really sensible to hedge and I enjoyed watching the match much more knowing I wouldn't lose either way :)