Halle, Tommy is coming home (GerryWeberOpen) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Halle, Tommy is coming home (GerryWeberOpen)

Pages : [1] 2

<Eve>
06-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Since RG is over (:() let's stay positive and cheer for Tommy during the Gerry Weber Open :bigclap:

Lugburz
06-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah,let's hope he'll keep up this awesome form! And this so tight loss btw can help his confidence a lot knowing he gave Roger one hell of a fight!;)

Tommy fan
06-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Come on Tommy.. Rock the grass!!

06-02-2009, 04:31 AM
Tommy stay healthy, happy, and keep playing great :D We all are proud of you :bowdown: And all of us that are female fans still love you :inlove: even if you are engaged :rolleyes:

Lugburz
06-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Ah,I would go to Halle this year but those university stuffs can't let me go..:rolleyes: I just wish I'll be able to watch Tommy at least once during his career!
But don't disappoint me Germans,some of you must go!

thefly
06-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Ah,I would go to Halle this year but those university stuffs can't let me go..:rolleyes: I just wish I'll be able to watch Tommy at least once during his career!

I'd love to, but have the same problem as yourself. ;) And I also have yet to see him play live. I always intended to go to Vienna, since I find this one more interesting than the clay court tourny in my hometown Munich, but unfortunately he stopped playing there some time ago. Maybe this year ... :)

But first things first. At least we'll have "decent" (as in "better than nothing) TV coverage from Halle, so ... can't wait!

<Eve>
06-02-2009, 06:01 PM
same problem here :lol:

<Eve>
06-02-2009, 06:03 PM
I'd love to, but have the same problem as yourself. ;) And I also have yet to see him play live. I always intended to go to Vienna, since I find this one more interesting than the clay court tourny in my hometown Munich, but unfortunately he stopped playing there some time ago. Maybe this year ... :)

But first things first. At least we'll have "decent" (as in "better than nothing) TV coverage from Halle, so ... can't wait!
Can you put the link to the streams in here maybe?! :D :angel:
Would be great to watch it!!

TommyB.
06-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Very good list in Halle this year! Federer, Djokovic, Verdasco, Tsonga etc., and Tommy of course. ;) I would love to visit the GW Open, but I must work. I saw him in Hamburg a few times...it's been a long time. Too bad that there's no HC tournament in Germany.

thefly
06-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Can you put the link to the streams in here maybe?! :D :angel:
Would be great to watch it!!

Don't know about streams, I was talking about German television. But I may be able to put the matches up afterwards. That is, if the schedule puts Tommy into the small coverage time frame. They usually do, but this year there are a lot of stars ...

Lugburz
06-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Don't know about streams, I was talking about German television. But I may be able to put the matches up afterwards. That is, if the schedule puts Tommy into the small coverage time frame. They usually do, but this year there are a lot of stars ...

I had some nice TV coverage of HALLE last year,now even that would be better as Djokovic is also there,so no worries for me either..

Lugburz
06-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Well,the only tour this year I could possibly see Tommy live could be Hamburg Open,but I don't thin he'll play it because it's in the same week as Indianapolis...Hardly that Tommy will skip Indianapolis..
But hopefully there's always next year...

<Eve>
06-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Tv coverage?! Wow lucky!! I'll try to find a stream online then :)
I remember a couple of years ago i could watch it live on stream so i hope this year will be the same :angel:

thefly
06-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Tv coverage?! Wow lucky!! I'll try to find a stream online then :)
I remember a couple of years ago i could watch it live on stream so i hope this year will be the same :angel:

According to MyP2P (http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=tennis) streams will be available. Might come in handy for all of us, since the TV coverage here, although better than nothing, is very limited.
Makes me wonder how things will look like with Wimbledon. Last year that was limited to PayTV here. This year it's partly back on DSF, is it not? Fellow Germans?

el tenista
06-04-2009, 09:10 PM
According to MyP2P (http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=tennis) streams will be available. Might come in handy for all of us, since the TV coverage here, although better than nothing, is very limited.
Makes me wonder how things will look like with Wimbledon. Last year that was limited to PayTV here. This year it's partly back on DSF, is it not? Fellow Germans?

You are right :eek: According to the DSF website, they will show Wimbledon live from 2.30pm to 8pm every day. They will show the finals live as well. Holy shit :eek::worship::worship:

They'll report from Halle every day live, only the final in a summary in the evening ...

timoe
06-04-2009, 10:11 PM
They'll report from Halle every day live, only the final in a summary in the evening ...

The final is always live on ZDF, isn't it?

thefly
06-04-2009, 10:43 PM
The final is always live on ZDF, isn't it?

It has been recently at least. The last couple of years they also showed at least one semi, if I recall correctly, but that could also have been because Germans we involved.

TommyB.
06-05-2009, 08:24 AM
ZDF will show the first semifinal (2nd on DSF) and the final live. :)

<Eve>
06-05-2009, 08:32 AM
:yippee::banana: I've got ZDF on my Tv!! :woohoo:
No coverage at ARD or WDR (other German channels on my tv;) )???

Lugburz
06-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I've got ZDF as well, pity that I have some problems with DSF that disturbs the frequency..but with two tv coverage this year I should be fine ;)

Tommy fan
06-06-2009, 08:30 AM
No coverage pf Halle in Israel :o
We had last year and I bought this channel only in the SF day (Thanks dad) and theis year they don't show it.. what a useless channel :o

Good luck Tommy! Can't wait for the draw! :)

thefly
06-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Tommy plays Koubek in first round. Full draw yet to come ...

EDIT

Full draw is up now. Tommy once again in Roger's half. Koubek shouldn't be a test, this guy played his last two matches on grass in 2007, and lost both. Not really good results apart from that either.
But the second round will most likely birng Tsonga. Then Berdych. Then Roger ...

Tough competition. But I guess that's not news ...

TommyB.
06-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Yep he should beat Koubek. Then maybe Tsonga, tough opponent of course, but a nice test for Tommy. But step by step.

An interesting draw overall. I wonder if Federer shows up here after RG...

thefly
06-06-2009, 02:05 PM
An interesting draw overall. I wonder if Federer shows up here after RG...

Yeah ... but I think he will. On the other hand, Soderling already withdrew, and Nadal dropped out of Queen's Club.
But that doesn't have to be our concern right now. ;)

oranges
06-06-2009, 02:10 PM
:sobbing: I absolutely hate this draw for so many reasons

Lugburz
06-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Not that bad draw,I agree on Koubek,and probably good test vs Tsonga...The guy is always dangerous,but Tommy has a chance to prove himself there ;)

el tenista
06-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Well, as I said: Tommy vs. Roger reloaded in the semis :devil:
Well, rough 2nd round against Tsonga. This guy is a bomb on grass.

thefly
06-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Well, in that field it was clear that you can't get many easy rounds, so I'm ok with it. It's a decent first round, so that's a start. And then ... well, it's the big matches that Tommy is still playing for, so bring on Tsonga. ;)

Lugburz
06-06-2009, 08:38 PM
:sobbing: I absolutely hate this draw for so many reasons

share,where's the heck ? :)

<Eve>
06-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Hmm draw could be better, but could've been worse aswell.. Roger only in 4th! I'm glad he didn't get Tsonga the 1st round :)

Tommy fan
06-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Good luck Tommy!
He should be Loubek, but Tsonga :unsure:

oranges
06-07-2009, 09:42 AM
share,where's the heck ? :)

You mean aside from the fact that they stuffed all my boys into one bloody quarter and Tommy meets possibly the toughest opponent in R2 http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/images/smilies/hair.gif. Gimme any other, Federer will be still thinking of RG either way and the rest are easier (plus I don't mind them being out).

thefly
06-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Tommy will play tomorrow, 4 p.m. local time, and perfectly laid into TV coverage time here in Germany. ;) Tommy just is the man people want to see ... :D

Lugburz
06-07-2009, 03:48 PM
So it should be live on ZDF,right?

thefly
06-07-2009, 04:22 PM
So it should be live on ZDF,right?

Nope, ZDF only shows one semi and the final.

Lugburz
06-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Nope, ZDF only shows one semi and the final.

pity,I would have liked to watch it on German tv,but anyway I'm ok with our SportKlub channel ;)

thefly
06-07-2009, 04:44 PM
For those of you who can't see it live, I may be able to grab that one as well ...

Lugburz
06-07-2009, 05:06 PM
For those of you who can't see it live, I may be able to grab that one as well ...

I guess that anyone who wants to watch the match it shouldn't be a problem.. bet365 will cover Halle and if myp2p.eu post the links,it's almost certain that atdhe.net and channelsurfing.net will follow ;)
btw,where will you watch it thefly? since zdf will cover semi and the final....

thefly
06-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Oh yeah, right, good to see a (hopefully) decent stream coverage. I'll check it out on DSF. So looking forward to it, can't wait to see Tommy on grass again.

Lugburz
06-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Yup,I can't describe the feeling I felt last year in Halle when he showed up..So happy to see him on grass!
Step by step,but this year the coverage for Halle is awesome,and if Tommy has great run there,I'll be able to watch every match...So in that order I'm anxious for tomorrow...Although,Koubek shouldn't be really a problem at all..

Wyna
06-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Very nice that Tommy's match is going to be covered by DSF :D
I am not exactly a big fan of the draw but considering his ranking we cannot expect too much here. Could have been worse...I hope he'll win the 1st round and then we'll see.

You are right :eek: According to the DSF website, they will show Wimbledon live from 2.30pm to 8pm every day. They will show the finals live as well. Holy shit :eek::worship::worship:

REALLY? That's great news! I still think DSF coverage sucks but hey, better DSF than nothing.

thefly
06-07-2009, 07:56 PM
REALLY? That's great news! I still think DSF coverage sucks but hey, better DSF than nothing.

Yeah, but they can make up some ground this year. ES had coverage (mostly) all day of RG, but too often that didn't do us Germans any good, so DSF can only make it better this year ...

Wyna
06-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Yeah, but they can make up some ground this year. ES had coverage (mostly) all day of RG, but too often that didn't do us Germans any good, so DSF can only make it better this year ...

That's true. They usually focus much more on the Germans than ES.

TommyB.
06-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Great news with DSF & Wimby.

I just have seen the doubles draw. Tommy plays with Michael Kohlmann against Hanescu/Cerretani. :cool:

thefly
06-08-2009, 11:59 AM
I just have seen the doubles draw. Tommy plays with Michael Kohlmann against Hanescu/Cerretani. :cool:

:confused:
Is he crazy? Dude, take it easy ... on the other hand, maybe he considered the tough competition in Halle and the danger of an early exit, and wants to get some more matches on grass under his belt this week.

Well, if he feels good ...

Lugburz
06-08-2009, 12:39 PM
:lol: I had a dream Tommy playing doubles in Halle,but when I woke up I said to myself,nah he isn't so crazy playing all those matches :lol: So here we are ,Tommy is indeed a bit crazy! Let's GO!

thefly
06-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Alright. The expected easy win. There wasn't really much opportunity today for Tommy to impress, Koubek just sucked balls. Some UE's by Tommy in the end, but he always seemed to kick it up a notch whenever there was a decisive moment, so that was good. Solid serving as well.
Sure, he has to play better to prevail against Tsonga, but then again, the transition from clay to grass is not an easy one, and Tsonga won't be a 100% at first as well ...

Lugburz
06-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Terrible play by Koubek,so yes this was expected win..Tommy served pretty well,although surely those aces will improve in his next round ;) Some insecure on Tommy's shots but I wasn't expected any better because of change fro clay to grass,so bottom line good win! I kinda have feeling that he played half his best and still managed to win pretty easily ,so that could be only beneficial as we are prepared for 100% of his best in next round ;)
Santoro and Tsonga will be good one to watch,so whoever wins they are aware of threat in the 2nd round :devil:

BTW:Tommy won 6-2 6-2 in less than 60mins...

Leen.
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I didn't know that Tommy and Sara are engaged! Am I the only one who didn't know that?

Lugburz
06-08-2009, 03:59 PM
I didn't know that Tommy and Sara are engaged! Am I the only one who didn't know that?

probably :shrug: :)

Leen.
06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Oh no, and I call myself a Tommy fan :o :D

Lugburz
06-08-2009, 04:08 PM
no,you're calling yourself a tennislady ;) :)

<Eve>
06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
As we expected; the next opponent will be Tsonga.. How did he play his match against Santoro?? Is he in form?

Lugburz
06-09-2009, 12:36 PM
As we expected; the next opponent will be Tsonga.. How did he play his match against Santoro?? Is he in form?

I'm curious about that too,as I was playing tennis during his match..I've heard his serve was uncatchable..

<Eve>
06-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm curious about that too,as I was playing tennis during his match..I've heard his serve was uncatchable..
Hmm.. :awww: that's not a good sign. But, it can also mean that Santoro was just too slow to catch his serve..?
I couldn't find a stream and I'm studying so not able to watch these games :sad:

TommyB.
06-09-2009, 01:03 PM
No surprise, Tsonga has a great serve and his attacking style is really dangerous on grass. Tommy doesn't like such a type of player...usually. JWT should be the favorite imo. But let's wait and see. Tommy's shape is not bad at all. ;)

oranges
06-09-2009, 01:08 PM

It's hard to say really. As with Tommy in the first round, he looked grand more often than not, but I'm not sure how much is due to the opponent. In any case, both have one singles match under the belt and another doubles one by 2nd round.

thefly
06-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I don't know if I'm happy that Tommy won his doubles match, but I guess a win is always good, and an additional opportunity to hit the court can't hurt right now.

Looking forward to the match. I admit, it's a pity that of all the Germans that made it to the second round, his match is by far the most difficult, but the greater the challenge, the greater the triumph, and everything's possible.
I hope they won't play until Thursday, though ...

EDIT

Ah crap, just heard that they will play tomorrow. Well, there's still hope for me that they play later than 4 p.m. ...

timoe
06-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Ah crap, just heard that they will play tomorrow. Well, there's still hope for me that they play later than 4 p.m. ...

2nd match after 4 p.m. for Tommy, after Kohlschreiber-Tursunov

thefly
06-09-2009, 05:41 PM
2nd match after 4 p.m. for Tommy, after Kohlschreiber-Tursunov

Ah, yay. :) Could get tight with the TV schedule, though, I hope DSF will stay on it no matter what. And maybe there'll be pink elephants flying by my window at the same time ...

<Eve>
06-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I was checking the H2H of Haas&Tsonga.. 0-0, but what scared me, why oh why do they still use this scary :help::smash: picture of Tommy....:tape:

H2H Haas-Tsonga (http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/3/en/players/headtohead/?player1=Tsonga%2C+Jo-Wilfried&player2=tommy+haas)
:lol:

thefly
06-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Scary Tommy picture? Look at Tsonga, lol. :p
Yeah, these ATP player photos ... never change. But Tommy fares far better in that respect than many others. Lots of unfortunate photos there ... ;)

Lugburz
06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Scary Tommy picture? Look at Tsonga, lol. :p
Yeah, these ATP player photos ... never change. But Tommy fares far better in that respect than many others. Lots of unfortunate photos there ... ;)

ouch
06-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Ah, yay. :) Could get tight with the TV schedule, though, I hope DSF will stay on it no matter what. And maybe there'll be pink elephants flying by my window at the same time ...

So - let´s say - second league football from 1987 is less important than a live match?
No way!!!!! ;)

thefly
06-10-2009, 03:15 PM
What, Kohlschreiber-Tursunov about to start just now? Damn, there goes the Haas TV coverage ...

Lugburz
06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Surely you'll figure out something,streams are working for you?

thefly
06-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Sure, but that way I can't record it, and most likely no other recording will come up, and I would really have liked to have that one, may be a really good match. But thus, I will have the Koubek match, but not Tsonga. Great.

But who knows, maybe either DSF or Kohli will surprise me and cancel their follwing program or finish the match in the next 20 minutes, respectively. ;)

Lugburz
06-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I would like to help recording it but I don't know anything 'bout it.Though I don't have dvd recorder,if that's the tool..Ah,Tommy will give his best to beat Tsonga,and if he repeats his RG performance,Tommy shall beat him...

And Kohli is looking great! He should win this one in straights.
So,no hope for you DSF will cover Tommy anyway?

edit: oh btw if I can't help,I'm sure I can do something to beg for the Tommy/Tsonga match on t4you,there must be someone who will upload it.....

thefly
06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Didn's say someone something about bet365 covering Halle? Doesn't seem to be accurate ...

EDIT

Oh, wait, maybe not in Germany. Let's try a p.r.o.x.y.

Lugburz
06-10-2009, 04:39 PM
bet365 is working fine for me...

Lugburz
06-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Am I wrong,or I just saw Tommy is warming up on DSF?

thefly
06-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Yay, they just said they will stay on. I don't believe it. Kudos, DSF!

Lugburz
06-10-2009, 05:09 PM
OK,I'm happy for you, 'til later!

<Eve>
06-10-2009, 05:40 PM
1st set is for Tommy :woohoo:

No tennis on DSF for me.. :awww:

<Eve>
06-10-2009, 05:56 PM
I registered at bet365 :yippee: my gosh! never knew i could register without paying!! :woohoo:

thefly
06-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Ridiculous, Tsonga saves two break points with second serves over 200 kmh, and closes out with another second over 200. That's just ...wrong.

<Eve>
06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
yes, he's evil :devil:

oranges
06-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Ridiculous, Tsonga saves two break points with second serves over 200 kmh, and closes out with another second over 200. That's just ...wrong.

:lol: With Tommy close to 80% 1st serve in the first set, there's no room for complaining ;) Monster serving.

oranges
06-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Tommy :worship: I'm gonna love this Wimbledon

Wyna
06-10-2009, 06:31 PM
:woohoo: Tommy wins in straight sets! Amazing!

<Eve>
06-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow great match!! He's really strong, made some awesome points!! :yeah:

Lugburz
06-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Tommy's back! The one thing I'm very proud of-his volleying!amazing...oh and that looks towards Sara were priceless,especially the last one ;)

thefly
06-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Ok, well, that was easy. Who's next? :p

Zverev beat Berdych, that's the next good nows. Of course you could argue that he's obviously just as dangerous right now, but I heard of that match that Berdych had all the opportunities to win but made a lot of errors.
But man, what's up with the Germans! ALL four players that made it to the qf today are German, and tomorrow three more could follow!! Insane.

Wyna
06-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Tommy's back! The one thing I'm very proud of-his volleying!amazing...oh and that looks towards Sara were priceless,especially the last one ;)

What looks? I couldn't watch...

Lugburz
06-10-2009, 06:43 PM

Well instantly after finishing the last point he looked at Sara instead of celebrating the win..and he pointed finger at her..

Lugburz
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Ok, well, that was easy. Who's next? :p

Zverev beat Berdych, that's the next good nows. Of course you could argue that he's obviously just as dangerous right now, but I heard of that match that Berdych had all the opportunities to win but made a lot of errors.
But man, what's up with the Germans! ALL four players that made it to the qf today are German, and tomorrow three more could follow!! Insane.

Hail Germans! :worship:

TommyB.
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Tommy was really good...nice grass tennis. :worship: The Germans are unbeatable at the moment. :D

thefly
06-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Btw, can't believe the lucky loser is called Lukas Lacko. :p

Lugburz
06-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Btw, can't believe the lucky loser is called Lukas Lacko. :p

good one :lol: :lol:

Lugburz
06-10-2009, 06:54 PM

Here you go Wyna--this look ;)

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/88393155.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19356863F2C054EB266C0A68413D4E018D6 A7CFF610D5B4FC25

ouch
06-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Wow, what a match! :)

So miracles are really happening.
Where your flying elephants really pink? I think they looked a little more like purple.

Let´s hope for more miracles the next days. :angel:

thefly
06-10-2009, 07:17 PM
So miracles are really happening.
Where your flying elephants really pink? I think they looked a little more like purple.

Sorry, can't really tell, 'cause I didn't look out my window that much tonight. ;)
But maybe that one trumping noise at one point wasn't a car horn after all ...

Wyna
06-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Here you go Wyna--this look ;)

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/88393155.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19356863F2C054EB266C0A68413D4E018D6 A7CFF610D5B4FC25

ah thanks :wavey: no I have an impression.

Sorry, can't really tell, 'cause I didn't look out my window that much tonight. ;)
But maybe that one trumping noise at one point wasn't a car horn after all ...

:spit:

el tenista
06-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Come on Tommy, just one more win to watch you live in Halle :)
He played an amazing match, this performance reminded me of the Haas-Roddick match in Memphis 2007...

Lugburz
06-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Come on Tommy, just one more win to watch you live in Halle :)

Awesome! Then we shall cheer for it like never before ;) Hopefully (at least to me) it will be Kohli/Tommy encounter :devil:

<Eve>
06-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Tried to translate it from German -> English with the help of a little translation thing, sorry if I made mistakes as my German isn't very good :o

10.06.2009 | "Underdog" Haas underlines its top form

If you have a task, can you beat everyone - also the French Shooting-Star Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Tommy Haas showed against the number nine of the world (hevorragendes?) tennis and a surprisingly significant two set victory was bejeweled at the end.

Tommy Haas said "in this match, i'm just the underdog", before his 1/8-final game in Hall against the nr9. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. From the beginning you didn't recognize this: the alleged underdog played very confident and won a break directly in the second game. His own service of the German initially just let three points to Tsonga, served at a rate of 78 % for his first service average and finished the set convincingly after 26 minutes with 6: 3. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga could hardly handle Haas this evening. The glossy tennis in the first set showed by Tommy Haas, made that the otherwise always cheerful Frenchman's laugh faded away.

The second set was more balanced than the first set. The first five games were not spectacular and there were no breaks. In the sixth game, Tsonga got 3 BP's because Haas just couldn't get his 1st service in. Haas still won the game. A game later was then the native Hamburg's turn. But also Tommy Haas didn't win one of the three BP's, because Jo-Wilfried Tsonga three times served a 2nd serve of 200 km/h and was finally rewarded. They both held their own service after that. Then, the tiebreaker had to bring the decision. Tommy Haas triumphed with 7: 3 at the end.

After 79 Minutes, the German won so surprisingly clear with 6:3 and 7:6 (7:3) on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. The win against the French was the first defeat of a top ten player since March 2008, when Tommy Haas beat the American Andy Roddick in the second round of Indian Wells. In the QF on Friday, waits Haas' compatriot Mischa Zverev, who also surprisingly defeated Berdych (needed 3 match points). Zverev won this match in 3 sets.

thefly
06-10-2009, 09:53 PM
lol, almost better than the match itself was the post-match press conference (http://video.gerryweber-open.de/media.1037.0.103.html). A large part is in English (as posted in the other thread, good stuff that he said about the situation of German tennis), but the best was in German.

For one (translated): "[...] whether on grass or ... cowshit, in the end I don't really care, as long as you once again win such a match."

And also great, as he was once again asked about the match against Roger and how close he was to get that break in the third set, he said, smiling tiredly: "I think I could have served it out then ... but then again, when I read all that stuff right now about him, 14th Grand Slam and all, finally his French Open thing, I'm also glad that he could somehow win this one against me ... [laughter fills the room ;)]"

Priceless.

<Eve>
06-11-2009, 05:57 AM
" whether on grass or ... cowshit, in the end I don't really care, as long as you once again win such a match."

:lol: :spit: he's so funny and it's all true!

when I read all that stuff right now about him, 14th Grand Slam and all, finally his French Open thing, I'm also glad that he could somehow win this one against me ... [laughter fills the room ;)]" Priceless Priceless indeed, he's the best :hearts:
Normally I don't want Fed to win at all, but this title, I really wanted him to get it (only after he def. Tommy of course :ras: )

So let's see what he'll do today in the Doubles,

2nd Match after 12.00, court 1
Haas/Kohlmann (GER)
-
Berdych/Vemic (CZE/SRB)

leng jai
06-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Anyone record this match?

thefly
06-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Anyone record this match?

Yup. Patience ... ;)

leng jai
06-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Dude!

thefly
06-11-2009, 09:27 AM
But I just saw that the quality is terrible, because it was an analog recording. Guess recording the bet365 stream would have been the better option, but I just can't get that one working here in Germany.

Well, maybe there'll be another recording coming up. Meanwhile I just go ahead with mine ...

<Eve>
06-11-2009, 10:16 AM
But I just saw that the quality is terrible, because it was an analog recording. Guess recording the bet365 stream would have been the better option, but I just can't get that one working here in Germany.

Well, maybe there'll be another recording coming up. Meanwhile I just go ahead with mine ...

What is your problem thefly?
I had a problem with bet365 aswell because my country isn't available in the list. But I really wanted to register so I chose Belgium, as I live only 20km away from belgium at the moment ;)
So everything ok, had to fill in these forms, chose 'cheque' as payment selection, so that i wont have to fill in any creditcard stuff since I don't have one :o.
Then I could watch Tsonga vs Haas!!!

thefly
06-11-2009, 10:35 AM
What is your problem thefly?
I had a problem with bet365 aswell because my country isn't available in the list. But I really wanted to register so I chose Belgium, as I live only 20km away from belgium at the moment ;)
So everything ok, had to fill in these forms, chose 'cheque' as payment selection, so that i wont have to fill in any creditcard stuff since I don't have one :o.
Then I could watch Tsonga vs Haas!!!

They check your IP and thus see if you're from Germany, and they're prohibited to show Halle to Germans since DSF has the rights here.

Lugburz
06-11-2009, 10:46 AM
They check your IP and thus see if you're from Germany, and they're prohibited to show Halle to Germans since DSF has the rights here.

pff, sons of a bi...es :armed:

<Eve>
06-11-2009, 11:15 AM
crazy.. :cuckoo:

thefly
06-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Tommy and Kohle also reached the doubles semi, after a 6-7, 6-4, 10-4 victory over Berdych/Vemic. :)

That makes also two all-German teams and one "half-German" team in the semis right now, with another all-German and a half-German duo currently battling for the final spot. lol

<Eve>
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Tommy and Kohle also reached the doubles semi, after a 6-7, 6-4, 10-4 victory over Berdych/Vemic. :)

That makes also two all-German teams and one "half-German" team in the semis right now, with another all-German and a half-German duo currently battling for the final spot. lol
I saw the results, and this might be a complete stupid question, but what's up with the scores of the 3rd set?!
I see some couples, 3rd set 10-7, Haas 10-4...
Is there a rule for doubles that the last set has to finish with 10 games or smth?!

:confused::confused: i'm so confused right now.. :shrug:

thefly
06-11-2009, 04:51 PM
I saw the results, and this might be a complete stupid question, but what's up with the scores of the 3rd set?!
I see some couples, 3rd set 10-7, Haas 10-4...
Is there a rule for doubles that the last set has to finish with 10 games or smth?!

:confused::confused: i'm so confused right now.. :shrug:

It's like this: a couple of years ago they completely reworked some rules for doubles. For one, there is no "advantage" anymore after deuce. At 40-40, the next point decides the game. Another of these special rules is the so-called "Champions tiebreak", a tiebreak until 10 that replaces a true third set.
I guess the plan for all these changes was to shorten the matches and somehow make it more attractive for the crowds, but that's more than questionable, and many players were opposing these changes heavily, some even stating they would destroy doubles tennis. But the main reason may have been to make doubles more attractive for top players who usually stick to singles, making the matches less exhausting, and I think that worked to some degree, as we can also see at our boy this year.

<Eve>
06-11-2009, 05:08 PM
It's like this: a couple of years ago they completely reworked some rules for doubles. For one, there is no "advantage" anymore after deuce. At 40-40, the next point decides the game. Another of these special rules is the so-called "Champions tiebreak", a tiebreak until 10 that replaces a true third set.
I guess the plan for all these changes was to shorten the matches and somehow make it more attractive for the crowds, but that's more than questionable, and many players were opposing these changes heavily, some even stating they would destroy doubles tennis. But the main reason may have been to make doubles more attractive for top players who usually stick to singles, making the matches less exhausting, and I think that worked to some degree, as we can also see at our boy this year.
Oh wow, never heard of it. I never used to watch doubles, so this is completely new to me :)
I think it's a good option to make it more attractive for the top players, as I was thinking 'tommy what are you doing with all these heavy double matches'.. So this definitely is a good solution in my opinion..! So, at grand slams there are the same rules?

thefly
06-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Oh wow, never heard of it. I never used to watch doubles, so this is completely new to me :)
I think it's a good option to make it more attractive for the top players, as I was thinking 'tommy what are you doing with all these heavy double matches'.. So this definitely is a good solution in my opinion..! So, at grand slams there are the same rules?

Good question. At least not in case of the Champions Tiebreak; at Grand Slams they play normal best-of-three matches, and Davis Cup of course still best-of-five. I'm not sure about the discarded "advantage" thing, though, but I think that one doesn't apply as well at the big four.

Wyna
06-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Good question. At least not in case of the Champions Tiebreak; at Grand Slams they play normal best-of-three matches, and Davis Cup of course still best-of-five. I'm not sure about the discarded "advantage" thing, though, but I think that one doesn't apply as well at the big four.

I am almost sure that it's normal advantage rule at GS. And I think it's good like this. I don't really follow doubles and I think the champion's tiebreak is nice to some good sinlges players in doubles every once in a while but the no advanatge thing is not a good thing imo.
(and it was totally confusing me when I watched some doubles at the German Open last year :lol:)

sundog
06-12-2009, 03:03 AM
I was thinking 'tommy what are you doing with all these heavy double matches'.. So this definitely is a good solution in my opinion..! I was thinking the same thing! Good to know he's not expending too much energy in his doubles matches. So if (sorry, when) he wins his singles QF match tomorrow, he'll be playing both singles and doubles SF matches on Sat? And possibly singles and doubles finals on Sun? Geez, that's a lot of tennis.

<Eve>
06-12-2009, 06:09 AM
I was thinking the same thing! Good to know he's not expending too much energy in his doubles matches. So if (sorry, when) he wins his singles QF match tomorrow, he'll be playing both singles and doubles SF matches on Sat? And possibly singles and doubles finals on Sun? Geez, that's a lot of tennis.
I guess so yes :shrug: But its also possible he sees the doubles as a good warming up or training, as it's max 2 sets and maybe that Championships Tiebreak.. Apparently it works for him :angel:

Today he'll play the first match after 4pm/16.00, at Centre court :) Goooo Tommy!

<Eve>
06-12-2009, 06:10 AM
I tried to find it on the internet, but can't find it... hmm i'll just watch some Wimby doubles and then we'll know it ;)

TommyB.
06-12-2009, 07:58 AM
I tried to find it on the internet, but can't find it... hmm i'll just watch some Wimby doubles and then we'll know it ;)

They use the old doubles rules at Grand Slams. No Champions Tiebreak und no Advantage rule. But in Wimbledon they play best-of-five in doubles...only in Wimby. AO, RG and USO is best-of-three. ;)

<Eve>
06-12-2009, 08:44 AM
They use the old doubles rules at Grand Slams. No Champions Tiebreak und no Advantage rule. But in Wimbledon they play best-of-five in doubles...only in Wimby. AO, RG and USO is best-of-three. ;):lol: thanks!

wimby wants to be different in everything then i guess :angel:

thefly
06-12-2009, 02:17 PM
And the German Grass Court Championships continue ...

Kohli's in the semis. Now, if everything goes according to plan (that is, if Tommy doesn't have a major breakdown or Zverev plays the match of his life) Tommy should reach the semi against Kohli, and then I guess in the end it comes down to who's the best German on grass right now. ;)

Lugburz
06-12-2009, 02:29 PM
OK,Auf Geht's Tommy! Not just we are expecting a victory,I'm aware that someone will be particularly happy if Tommy makes it to the semis :devil:

thefly
06-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Puuuh yes! Mixed bag, this first set. Nervous start, then great comeback and I thought now he finally arrived in the set, but then again some nervous games ... glad that he hold those. Fortunately he finished off with a halfway decent TB.
Now I hope can relax a little bit and play more confidently.

thefly
06-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Woohoo, some slice lobs, look at that. Tommy has them all ... ;)

thefly
06-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Congrats to your first semi of the year, Tommy. You earned it! :)

As I hoped, great second set. Great serving, great returns, great volleys ... holy crap, the way he volleys these days ... I'm always skeptic when Tommy plays serve-and-volley, I hate to seem him getting passed, but his volley game is outstanding this week.

And tomorrow ... he will face Kohli in both singles and doubles. :p
Kohli had a lot of problems with Beck, and Beck kind of gave it away, so in my book, if Tommy keeps his level up, he should reach the final.

TommyB.
06-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Ah I missed the first set. But the 2nd was great, Tommy played well...and nice S&V like thefly already said. :)

Ok now against Kohli...50/50 match...but it's time for a revenge. Should be a nice one to watch. Go Tommy!

Lugburz
06-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah,now it's the time to reach the final,and doesn't matter that it has to be Kohli on the other side of the net..Tommy found his game this year,and is looking more confident than his display when he reached semis in Wash last year...On the other hand,Kohli is very dangerous,but if Tommy keeps his serving and volleying up I honestly think we can see him in the final!
Btw,congrats to el_tenista,he SHALL see Tommmy live after all! and semi final like a dream to me Tommy vs Kohli! :worship:

el tenista
06-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah,now it's the time to reach the final,and doesn't matter that it has to be Kohli on the other side of the net..Tommy found his game this year,and is looking more confident than his display when he reached semis in Wash last year...On the other hand,Kohli is very dangerous,but if Tommy keeps his serving and volleying up I honestly think we can see him in the final!
Btw,congrats to el_tenista,he SHALL see Tommmy live after all! and semi final like a dream to me Tommy vs Kohli! :worship:

Yep, I'll see him live tomorrow :) Can't wait!!!
But why did they schedule Tommy's double match on Court 1?? This is...shit.

thefly
06-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Yep, I'll see him live tomorrow :) Can't wait!!!
But why did they schedule Tommy's double match on Court 1?? This is...shit.

Well, where would you schedule it? They can't really risk to mess up the schedule of the semis, espcially since tomorrow's TV coverage is split between ZDF and DSF. And they have to consider adequate rest for Kohli and Tommy, and therefore need to be flexible.

At least their singles semi will be on ZDF. This will result in a better recording ... ;)

el tenista
06-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Well, where would you schedule it? They can't really risk to mess up the schedule of the semis, espcially since tomorrow's TV coverage is split between ZDF and DSF. And they have to consider adequate rest for Kohli and Tommy, and therefore need to be flexible.

At least their singles semi will be on ZDF. This will result in a better recording ... ;)

Yes, of course they must give them enough rest ;) And after the 2nd semi in center court would be too late because one of them must play the finals...They only said so on the Halle website that the double match will be played at 6.15 p.m. on center court. But of course the current situation must go along with a change of the schedule as we can see now.

thefly
06-12-2009, 07:15 PM
So .... why our initial displeasure? I'm confused ... :p

Ah, never mind. ;)

Tommy fan
06-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Haven't been aournd all week but great to see Tommy doing well in his home tourny! :)
Good luck tomorrow, going to be very very tough, but just hang in there, show them who has the better BH and make Kohli to get down on him self..Good luck!!

Sorry German fans :awww:

<Eve>
06-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Ah whow great result!! El Tenista, have fun!!!!!! :woohoo:

Would be great to see it on TV, going to be a tough match i guess, but a great one :D

gooo tommy!! :yeah:

el tenista
06-12-2009, 07:50 PM
So .... why our initial displeasure? I'm confused ... :p

Ah, never mind. ;)

Well, of course I wanted to watch the double match on center court as well but of course I know that this wouldn't go along with the necessary rest for Tommy or Kohlschreiber. In my first post, I only expressed my displeasure without mentioning that the schedule is logical... ;)

thefly
06-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Well, of course I wanted to watch the double match on center court as well but of course I know that this wouldn't go along with the necessary rest for Tommy or Kohlschreiber. In my first post, I only expressed my displeasure without mentioning that the schedule is logical... ;)

Oh yeah, right, you're going to be there, sorry, didn't think about that. So your ticket doesn't include the other court(s)? Or aren't spectators allowed there at all?

Still, think you got a nice set-up for a beautiful day there, so enjoy! I'm certainly envious ... ;)

TommyB.
06-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Ok el tenista is there, so we have nothing to fear tomorrow. :D
I'm jealous...he can see Tommy in singles and doubles. :worship:

Lugburz
06-12-2009, 08:58 PM
These are actually interesting times..Tommy can be in the finals for the first time since long time,an definitely first time since I'm on here..It's easier obviously for Tommy when he's playing someone who's already been playing to.
So,I give him better odds for tomorrow than the last year...Yet again,Kohli on my pleasure seem to improved a lot from the last year,so it's gonna be pretty good match..Tommy showed a lot of great tennis recently and has a lot o confidence that I haven't seen for a long time.
Cant wait :devil:

thefly
06-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Would be my great pleasure to see Tommy crush Kohlschreiber. Don't want to offend any fans here, but I don't like him very much. Back when he started to show some good results, I was glad that there was a new German hope rising, but with more time in the spotlight came the realization that he's kind of a dick. Man, sometimes the stuff he says ... today's PC was another entry in his list of comments that he didn't really think through. Doesn't seem like he thinks that much, anyway. And that this guy is at least to a certain degree a figurehead right now for German tennis fills me with dread ...

Granted, he can play some good tennis, and has a nice backhand that's at times nice to watch. And any German who can cash in some decent results is positive. But still ... especially in a moment like this one coming up ... I sincerely hope Tommy will kick his butt. Hard.

Tommy was a little nervous today, at least in the first set, obviously because he played a young compatriot whom he just had to show who's still the master "in the house", and felt that pressure, if he wanted to or not.
I don't think he will feel the same tomorrow, as he gets a chance to revenge a loss against someone in a match he may not be the favorite (on paper, at least). So, bring it on.

Lugburz
06-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Mine pleasure as well :) Although,I like Kohli bu it can't be compared in any way...
Yeah I know about Kohli's PC sometimes but what a hell,he's good on the court and his style of play is watchable.
But Tommy all the way long! I hope he already removed the pressure off his back,and loose the hand like in Tsonga match..I have a good feeling about tomorrow,and el tenista appearance ,all the stuff hopefully in our favor..

el tenista
06-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Oh yeah, right, you're going to be there, sorry, didn't think about that. So your ticket doesn't include the other court(s)? Or aren't spectators allowed there at all?

Still, think you got a nice set-up for a beautiful day there, so enjoy! I'm certainly envious ... ;)

Of course I could have the opportunity to watch Tommy's double on Court 1 (which is a relatively big court, type in "court 1 halle" in google) with my Center Court ticket. But his match is at the same time as Djokovic-Rochus and I'd like to watch Djoko as well. That's the reason why I complained about Tommy not being on Center Court with his double match AFTER the Djokovic-Rochus match despite knowing that the tournament directors had no other opportunity because of the necessary rest ;)
So, time to go to bed now, I'll do everything I can to bring a semifinal win of Tommy home with me (and of course some pictures) ;) 2h30mins to drive to Halle tomorrow, I hope the roads won't be that full :)

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Of course I could have the opportunity to watch Tommy's double on Court 1 (which is a relatively big court, type in "court 1 halle" in google) with my Center Court ticket. But his match is at the same time as Djokovic-Rochus and I'd like to watch Djoko as well. That's the reason why I complained about Tommy not being on Center Court with his double match AFTER the Djokovic-Rochus match despite knowing that the tournament directors had no other opportunity because of the necessary rest ;)
So, time to go to bed now, I'll do everything I can to bring a semifinal win of Tommy home with me (and of course some pictures) ;) 2h30mins to drive to Halle tomorrow, I hope the roads won't be that full :)

You better not to be late :p
I would suggest watching Tommy all the way-singles and doubles,there will be time to watch Nole,trust me ;) well,we will be waiting on those photos :)
Happy journey and have a nice trip! :drive::hatoff:

sundog
06-13-2009, 03:16 AM
Wow, have fun tomorrow el tenista! So cool that you'll see him live. Let's see...Haas or Djoko...no contest...you gotta see Tommy! :angel: ;)
Good luck to Tommy! Let's make it to TWO finals, baby!

06-13-2009, 03:17 AM
Oh my Tommy seems to do so well when I'm NOT around that I'm almost sorry that I checked into his Forum. I seem to be the "kiss of death" :rolleyes: Come on Tommy pretend I didn't show up :D How long has it been since Tommy has been in an SF? Anyway it is great that he is again playing so well I hope he keeps it up :angel:

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 06:22 AM
Oh my Tommy seems to do so well when I'm NOT around that I'm almost sorry that I checked into his Forum. I seem to be the "kiss of death" :rolleyes: Come on Tommy pretend I didn't show up :D How long has it been since Tommy has been in an SF? Anyway it is great that he is again playing so well I hope he keeps it up :angel:
never thought of that, you jinx!! :lol: stay away!!!! :devil:

Wyna
06-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Would be my great pleasure to see Tommy crush Kohlschreiber. Don't want to offend any fans here, but I don't like him very much. Back when he started to show some good results, I was glad that there was a new German hope rising, but with more time in the spotlight came the realization that he's kind of a dick. Man, sometimes the stuff he says ... today's PC was another entry in his list of comments that he didn't really think through. Doesn't seem like he thinks that much, anyway. And that this guy is at least to a certain degree a figurehead right now for German tennis fills me with dread ...

Granted, he can play some good tennis, and has a nice backhand that's at times nice to watch. And any German who can cash in some decent results is positive. But still ... especially in a moment like this one coming up ... I sincerely hope Tommy will kick his butt. Hard.

I feel excatly the same about Kohlschreiber. In the end I am happy about every German who has some decent results now and then. But I don't like the person Kohlschreiber at all :shrug:
And now that he is playing Tommy I want him to lose anyway ;)

And then you couldn't have waited 2 more days to come in here :rolleyes::lol:

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 11:26 AM

anyway Tommy's last SF was in Washington last year,when h lost to Del ponny.......

leng jai
06-13-2009, 11:27 AM
So how long till the match is due to start guys?

thefly
06-13-2009, 11:29 AM
In about half an hour. :)

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 11:33 AM
:clap2: :crazy:

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Auf gehtssssss :worship:

thefly
06-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Horrible first service game. Seems to have a little trouble with the sunlight ...

Btw, anyyone who's watching ZDF ... Worst. Commentary. Ever.

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Horrible first service game. Seems to have a little trouble with the sunlight ...

Btw, anyyone who's watching ZDF ... Worst. Commentary. Ever. :lol: i'm watching it, but then i have my bet365 on with english commentary as my german isn't that good ;)
so what's so bad?!

Great service game indeed :rolleyes:

Wyna
06-13-2009, 12:18 PM

Btw, anyyone who's watching ZDF ... Worst. Commentary. Ever.

Seriously... :help:
"yesterday against Sascha Zverev"
and did he really say after Tommy's service game "it will be tough to get the break back against an opponent like Tommy Haas"
(please tell me I just heard it wrong...)
Who is the commentator?

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Seriously... :help:
"yesterday against Sascha Zverev"
and did he really say after Tommy's service game "it will be tough to get the break back against an opponent like Tommy Haas"
(please tell me I just heard it wrong...)
Who is the commentator?
:scared: that's really bad

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 12:24 PM
ok,Tommy needs to loose his hand,that must happen eventually! this set isn't over yet.

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 12:31 PM
He almost seems a bit nervous to me..

this is not good :scared:

thefly
06-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah, seems like I was wrong, there is that pressure again, and this time he can't really loosen up. Would be a great shame if he goes out of such a match where so much prestige is at stake with his worst performance in weeks.

EDIT

Btw, I'm afraid that just looking at Kohli's girlfriend makes me stupid instantly ...

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 12:36 PM
goodness, 1 blink of an eye and the first set is finished :eek:
what was it, smth like 20 minutes!?

Let's see what happens in this 2nd set, we know Tommy needs only 1 moment and everything can change. :angel: right...

I think Mae was right, she's back to the forum and Tommy starts losing :o :o :o
;)

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Great game!!! Now gooooo!!!!!

TommyB.
06-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Horrible first set, but I think he will raise his level. Hopefully!

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 12:42 PM
EDIT

Btw, I'm afraid that just looking at Kohli's girlfriend makes me stupid instantly ...
:haha: I thought it, you say it :lol:

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Come on now Thomas break him!!

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 01:03 PM
YAY~!! ok break break!!!!

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 01:09 PM
pfewww

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Allright, now just win the tiebrak :angel:

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 01:20 PM
tssssss these DF making me crzy

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 01:28 PM
:woohoo: great!! chances are equal again. go tommy, go!!

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Pfew Yeah!! :D 7-6 !

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Come on now! Crush him Tommy!!

thefly
06-13-2009, 01:30 PM
God, this commentator. "Now it's even, both players have nothing to lose". Are you crazy!?!

thefly
06-13-2009, 01:33 PM
But again he starts with a horrible return game. What's up with his returns?!

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 01:37 PM
It's like he's really just not focused a 100%, like he's already somewhere different in his head.. doubles/wimby/sara :shrug:

thefly
06-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Na, he doesn't hit squat. He can't win this one this way. No chance.

sundog
06-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm having heart palpitations just from watching the live scores... :rolleyes:
Come on Tommy!!

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey Sundog, try to register at Bet365.com
Then you'll be able to watch the streams :)

If Kohli wins, it's not because he's playing so well, it's just cos haas is playing sooo bad :o

sundog
06-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Hey Tommy Girl. I have dial up, so no live streaming for me. :( Have to leave for the airport now, so won't know the outcome of this match for several hours. C'mon Tommy, you can do it! Auf Geht's!

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 02:04 PM
YEAAAAAHHHH HOld ur serve NOW :yeah:

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Re Break Yeah!!!!!!

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Halt Halt Halt !

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 02:15 PM
oh my... come on now!!!! :woohoo:

oranges
06-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeeeessssssssssss!!! http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Content/yahoo-supercontent.gif

TommyB.
Thomas :worship::worship::worship:

thefly
I don't freakin' BELIEVE IT! Kohli choked! Completely! MAN!

<Eve>
:aparty: :bounce::bigclap::yippee::silly::woohoo::dance: :rocker2: :banana::rocker::crazy:

First final ever in Halle!!!

Too bad I'll be at Ordina Open when he's playing the finals, i cannot see it :eek::o:rolleyes:

thefly
06-13-2009, 02:23 PM
A completely screwed-up match against a merely solid Kohlschreiber ... with some decent points that kept Tommy alive in the second. And the third was the worst of all. And then ... I don't know how that happened. Kohli handed it to him, and Tommy - thank God! - took it.
Not sure he earned it, but the right man is in the final.

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 02:24 PM
:aparty: :bounce::bigclap::yippee::silly::woohoo::dance::ro cker2::banana::rocker::crazy:

First final ever in Halle!!!

Too bad I'll be at Ordina Open when he's playing the finals, i cannot see it :eek::o:rolleyes:

:worship::worship::devil::clap2::rocker2::woohoo:

thefly
06-13-2009, 02:26 PM
lol, DSF did already start with the recap of the match while it wasn't even finished on ZDF. :P

Crap, just realized I won't be there tomorrow as well.

TommyB.
06-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Nice choke by Kohli. Tommy was already finished at *2-5 (0-30)... but who cares? :)

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 02:38 PM
el tenista wherever you are thank u!! :worship:
I needed to take a huge breath but I can't express my feelings atm..Tommy made my whole week!
ok Philipp was better player today,but Tommy definitely deserved to be in the final after tremendous week!Tommy took his chances in the finish and I couldn't believe that he really won!
We still could see the pressure today,but for tomorrow I can't see no pressure whoever he plays..He is on his own surface at home crowd and must do everything what he's capable of! pfew this one was close after all,I nearly had a stroke!

thefly
06-13-2009, 02:41 PM
And kohli ... didn't even look at Tommy at the handshake. Can understand his disappointment, but still ... loser.

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 02:44 PM
what?! guys tomorrow it's Sunday,where can you possibly be anyway on the final day?

TommyB.
06-13-2009, 02:52 PM
The final is around 1:15 pm right?

Btw, almost the same scoreline like last year. Tommy blew a 4-1 lead and he lost the final TB as well. And the handshake was nearly the same. ;)

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah well I didn't really think about the oportunity of Haas reaching the finals..
Or maybe I did, but normally one tournament starts when the other is finished (right? :shrug: ) so i didnt think it through and just impulsively bought tickets to the Ordina Open, to watch Chardy play :o

Damn...
And thefly, what's ur excuse?! ;)

thefly
06-13-2009, 02:56 PM
yeah, there's a birthday that has to be celebrated. Pointless, since it isn't even my own! :p

Btw, good news for our man on location el tenista; Tommy's doubles match has been scheduled on the center court after all. But I wonder if Kohli can still muster the will to play that one. Maybe a walk-over?

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 02:56 PM
The final is around 1:15 pm right?

Btw, almost the same scoreline like last year. Tommy blew a 4-1 lead and he lost the final TB as well. And the handshake was nearly the same. ;)

yeah almost:D
btw,its' really bad picture on TV around that time,because of the sun's position on the court,but what a hell,what must be done,will be done :devil: Auf Geht's Thomas!!!!!

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Yeah well I didn't really think about the oportunity of Haas reaching the finals..
Or maybe I did, but normally one tournament starts when the other is finished (right? :shrug: ) so i didnt think it through and just impulsively bought tickets to the Ordina Open, to watch Chardy play :o

Damn...
And thefly, what's ur excuse?! ;)

but it's not over right! I would skip the Ordina Open if I were you :devil:
so not good excuse,next please! thefly? :D

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 02:58 PM
That's great!! El Tenista is one lucky man (el tenista is a man??) the fly, what are you? male/female?

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 02:59 PM
but it's not over right! I would skip the Ordina Open if I were you :devil:
so not good excuse,next please! thefly? :D
that came up in my mind, but mayve i can tape it and watch after coming back i dont know... :rolleyes: Crap.. I was just so excited about visiting my first tournament ever... :sad:

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 03:00 PM
yeah, there's a birthday that has to be celebrated. Pointless, since it isn't even my own! :p

Btw, good news for our man on location el tenista; Tommy's doubles match has been scheduled on the center court after all. But I wonder if Kohli can still muster the will to play that one. Maybe a walk-over?

what kinda birthday has to be celebrated on a daylight??!!
sorry,not good excuse at all,next?

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 03:03 PM
that came up in my mind, but mayve i can tape it and watch after coming back i dont know... :rolleyes: Crap.. I was just so excited about visiting my first tournament ever... :sad:
there will be too many chances to watch the tour,I'll take you to Halle next year ok :lol:
But Tommy in the final,and what's more important than that I wonder?
I'm just helping you guys to think over ;)

thefly
06-13-2009, 03:05 PM
what kinda birthday has to be celebrated on a daylight??!!
sorry,not good excuse at all,next?

Like, my mother's? :p

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 03:06 PM
there will be too many chances to watch the tour,I'll take you to Halle next year ok :lol:
But Tommy in the final,and what's more important than that I wonder?
I'm just helping you guy to think over ;)
Deal :lol:

If only the finals could be played at like.. 11am?! Why does it have to be in the afternoon, stupid schedule ;)

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Like, my mother's? :p

ah, you got me there :rolleyes:
so,you'll know the circumstances the best ;)

but as for Tommy-Girl,I still have the chance as I see to pull her off the Ordinanana Open whatever:p

btw,your not Chardy_Girl,your Tommy_Girl for Godsake! :p

Wyna
06-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Yeah Tommy! He is in the final -I cannot believe it! Not exactly a great performance but nevertheless this is such an amazing result already.

And bzw, nice handshake Kohlschreiber :o

what?! guys tomorrow it's Sunday,where can you possibly be anyway on the final day?

I'll be home to watch it! So you can be happy with me, I'm a good Tommy fan ;)

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 03:11 PM
ah, you got me there :rolleyes:
so,you'll know the circumstances the best ;)

but as for Tommy-Girl,I still have the chance as I see to pull her off the Ordinanana Open whatever:p

btw,your not Chardy_Girl,your Tommy_Girl for Godsake! :p
I KNOW!!!! :crying2:

but i figured it out, i'll follow Tommy on my moblile :D :yippee:

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I'll be home to watch it! So you can be happy with me, I'm a good Tommy fan ;)

nice! ;)

as for Kohli handshake,well kinda expected....but what a hell! Just so glad that Tommy won :D

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Mobile has a stream for GWO, not!
try again :p of course! i can login on bet365 right :ras:

NO? :awww:

ohh mennnn

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 03:12 PM
I KNOW!!!! :crying2:

but i figured it out, i'll follow Tommy on my moblile :D :yippee:

Mobile has a stream for GWO, not!
try again :p

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 03:14 PM
ha! i knew what you were about to post, anf reacted even before you posted!!! ;)

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 03:19 PM
ha! i knew what you were about to post, anf reacted even before you posted!!! ;)

good one :lol:
well,what can I say more ,hm.. www.atdhe.net is that OK ?

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Ok! does it cover? Ah well... i'll see what i'll do tomorrow.. already paid the ticket to the ordina open so it's a waste of money if i wont go.. I'll just support Tommy by thinking of him and burning a candle ;)

i'll just make it up by going to halle next year, the whole week!! :D

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Ok! does it cover? Ah well... i'll see what i'll do tomorrow.. already paid the ticket to the ordina open so it's a waste of money if i wont go.. I'll just support Tommy by thinking of him and burning a candle ;)

i'll just make it up by going to halle next year, the whole week!! :D

ok,I'm waisted :rolleyes:

well atdhe.net is covering it,there now you'll see Nole/Rocus on the court,but it's bad quality I guess..but Nothing better than a TV and ZDF on it ,ay? :p

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 03:34 PM
no nothing better :p Channelsurfing is covering aswell but when i click it, i can only see 'Philips' .. Is it my pc or do you also have that?

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 03:37 PM
channelsurfing won't work for me either,but atdhe.net is working ..

here's a link:http://www.atdhe.net/7021/watch-atp-gerry-weber-open-rochus-vs-djokovic

<Eve>
06-13-2009, 03:40 PM
:yeah: tnx im watching :) quality isnt really good indeed, but it's better to follow the ball now that the sun and shadows are gone :D

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 03:47 PM
no prob ;) at least something...

thefly
06-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Nole fails to impress, either. Barely won the first set just now. Nice fight by Rochus, a pity he wasn't rewarded.

thefly
06-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Ah, Tommy and Kohle lost their doubles semi. There goes the dream of the "double". But I think I may want a little too mutch ... ;)

TommyB.
06-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Expected progress, escpecially after that tiebreak. ;)

Well, he has to face Djokovic in the singles final. If there's a chance to beat him...then on grass I would say.

Lugburz
06-13-2009, 07:39 PM
It is another great chance to beat top player..Tommy is way better player on grass than Nole! Don't know why Tommy was shy of his volleys today,seemed like it took a year to bring it back vs Kohli today.and when he used S&V the results were coming..
Btw,Tommy complained about shadows and sun on the court,even something that bothered us during the coverage.
Well let's hope tomorrow will be clouded :D
you guys must know the forecast,will it be like today?? :)

thefly
06-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Btw,Tommy complained about shadows and sun on the court,even something that bothered us during the coverage.
Well let's hope tomorrow will be clouded :D
you guys must know the forecast,will it be like today?? :)

Yeah, like I noted as the match started. ;)
And I thought the same thing about tomorrow as I heard him speak about that. Online weather services predict a warm but cloudier day. ;)

TommyB.
06-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Just for the record...Tommy has won his last 6 ATP finals. This streak must go on. ;) And Tommy still needs a title on "Kuhscheisse". :D

thefly
06-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Yup, nice streak. And to have titles on all surfaces (except maybe carpet) would be something. But just a title win at that point in his career, in a final against Djokovic ... man, that would be incredible. But he's so close now ...

el tenista
06-13-2009, 10:51 PM
el tenista wherever you are thank u!! :worship:

You need to thank Tommy :) Well, indeed it wasn't a high quality match but it was so thrilling. Sometimes I didn't want to look at the court when it was Tommy's turn to hit a 2nd serve...Nice comeback man!
After my last final exam on school at monday, I'll upload some vids and photos ;)
Was it shown on TV that Tommy hit the ball out of the stadium after the matchpoint? He didn't even hit the ball just over the roof but maybe 10m over it. What a power :devil:
The Djokovic match was far better concerning the quality. But of course, Tommy's match had more speed referring to the baseline rallies and Tommy was often at the net which Nole wasn't. So there is a good chance for tomorrow.
The double match was on center court as well because of the high amount of spectators (court 1 would have collapsed ;) ). But boy, Michael Kohlmann has no level of a pro tennis player. No service (1st serve around 160km/h), no speed in his groundstrokes, some good volleys and that's it. Tommy had to play alone on the court almost managed to win a set.
Ah, and those strawberries in Halle are awesome...
It was an amazing day really. Before Tommy's match, we watched Nole practicing with his coach. They have nice training courts in Halle with small stands around them. Nole was very relaxed, played some fun shots and football-tennis afterwards. Really great :)

sundog
06-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Alright Tommy! Congrats on making it to the final! Good luck tomorrow, you can do it!! :yippee:

06-14-2009, 03:50 AM
I would LOVE IT if Tommy could defeat Nole
:inlove: As it is well known I can't stand Nole :ras: But for Tommy to be back in a Final against anyone is just plain great news :D :yippee:

<Eve>
06-14-2009, 08:20 AM
:lol: @ Mae, why u don't like Nole? (me neither btw ;) )
@ El Tenista, great report of the day, it must've been great!! And what strawberries?! I Loooove strawberries! Good reason to but tickets to halle next year :lol:
Can't wait to see your pics :D

Btw, i haven't seen him hitting the ball over the roof, but i'm not sure if if they didn't show it, or that i just missed it, both possible ;)

Allright, as I can't see the finals at 1.15pm, Ill yell in advance

GOOOOO TOMMY!! Auf geht's!!!! You can do it :rocker2:
:woohoo: :yeah: :worship:

Beat the hell out of Nole :devil:

el tenista
06-14-2009, 08:49 AM
@ El Tenista, great report of the day, it must've been great!! And what strawberries?! I Loooove strawberries! Good reason to but tickets to halle next year :lol:

Yeah, they offer starwberries to buy like in Wimbledon...Costs 3€ but this is a good investment ;)

Wyna
06-14-2009, 09:14 AM
thanks for the little report el tenista, can't wait for the pics ;)

I don't have anything against Djokovic but of course I want Tommy to win...wow...that would be awesome...

Lugburz
06-14-2009, 10:44 AM
el tenista you are the man,nice report,can't wait for the pics ;) I'm sure you enjoyed it every single second!

at Tommy_Girl,,yes it was on TV, I saw that ball over the roof :devil:

Lugburz
06-14-2009, 11:12 AM
ok here we go AUF FUCKING GEHT'S TOMMY!!!

el tenista
06-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Come on!!!!!!

el tenista
06-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Nice beginning Tommy. Keep it going!

el tenista
06-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Woooow, what a return game!!!!!!!!!!! Tommy is 5-3 ahead!! Come on!!!!!

Lugburz
06-14-2009, 12:01 PM
hm! one down,1 to go :devil:

TommyB.
06-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Wow, what a great 1st set. Come on Tommy!!

el tenista
06-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Ahh, 3 df in the breaker :o :o

TommyB.
06-14-2009, 12:55 PM
crap, too many DF's :(

TennisFan2012
06-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Score please?

clever1980
06-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Congrat Tommy! :bounce:

TommyB.
06-14-2009, 01:35 PM
GSM Thomas Haas :worship:

Wyna
06-14-2009, 01:39 PM
:aparty:
I am so happy right now! He played just great and deserves this win so much! :worship:

el tenista
06-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Tommy :eek: :eek: What a great match! Awesome!!!!!!

Lugburz
06-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Oh boy,I really need a break,hear you guys later!
Meanwhile no comment Tommy! :worship:

Lugburz
06-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Can somebody please explain this to me,is this a dream or true! This has to be one of the best and happiest days of my life! and Tommy made it!! What a match and display from our boy.I just still can't believe what he just achieved.I guess everything about the match what has to be said it's already said by the beautiful post match comments from Nole!
Tommy you made me happy more than anything I've done recently..Oh boy I have to go for some swimming to take a deep breath because it's day to remember!!!!so....
THANK YOU TOMMY HAAS!!!:worship::worship:

timoe
06-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I always have to think of Tommy's statement just a few months ago, that it would be a dream to once again win a tournament.

Be honest, who would really have thought at that point he would ever make it again? There were some US hardcourt tournaments where I had a slim hope, but in most of the tournaments he lost to the first hard opponent he had to face.

But in the clay season this year he really started to turn it around, had some very good matches and showed what is still in him.
And now he has made it true, got his title, beating the top players Tsonga and Djokovic to make it even more amazing! I agree with you Lugburz, great day for us! :worship:

sundog
06-14-2009, 03:07 PM
OMG, I just found out Tommy won! Woo hoo! Way to go Tommy! He must be so happy and so proud! I know I feel that way! Wow, this just made my day. He's been playing so well, he so deserved to win this. I hope he carries this momentum into Eastbourne and Wimby. It's such a joy to see him playing so well. :bounce::bigclap::yippee::crazy:

TennisFan2012
06-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Excellent win over a top player, Tommy! He must have used his best strategy. Now on to Wimbledon!!!

TommyB.
06-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Awesome tournament overall (and what a thrill for us ;)). It's just a great feeling now. I never thought he would win it. But he deserved this title so much. Well done! :worship:

thefly
06-14-2009, 03:46 PM
So glad I could sneak away and catch most of the match. And I think everything has been said so far. Further words fail me right now. :p

Or not completely ... ;) Really a dream come true this week. A couple of months ago, as Tommy was ranked at around 80 or something, I would never have imagined to now sit here and say to myself: holy crap, Tommy is BACK!
I mean, to go through all these troubles, not knowing what the future will look like, and some weeks later win this thing, beating two Top 10 players ... Tommy's legend.
And I don't even want to think about what may be possible in Wimby (where he may now indeed be seeded, which in itself is another incredible story) - so I will play it save here and look further, to the USO Tour ... man, if he stays healthy (or even gets better - his Physio repeatedly stated this week that Tommy's at about 80% at best!), he's so going to OWN!

Now I'm emotionally exhausted, and kinda glad that we all get a break next week. I need to concentrate on some other important stuff again. ;)

TommyB.
06-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Now I'm emotionally exhausted, and kinda glad that we all get a break next week. I need to concentrate on some other important stuff again. ;)

I totally agree. :D Too much thrill since Paris...I'm really done. :o

el tenista
06-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I totally agree. :D Too much thrill since Paris...I'm really done. :o

Yep, same here. I'll have my last exam tomorrow (Abitur) and couldn't really concentrate :D French Open & Halle with my faves Tommy and Roger were a way too thrilling ;)

Lugburz
06-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Same here as well :yeah:
Now,let's hope he'll be seeded for W,that would give another excitement fr sure!