Gilles Simon's Chat Thread #2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gilles Simon's Chat Thread #2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

ellen_
03-09-2009, 08:02 PM
CHAT THREAD PART ONE (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=28483)

:wavey:

Finally, I have my diploma and transcript of record (grades) with me http://images.idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/bobo.gif. I can look for a job now :). And my graduation ceremony in college is April 4. :D In some schools like ours we don't have a graduation ceremony if you graduated in October or May. The common graduation month is April. First semester here starts from June to October and second semester starts on November to April. http://images.idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/sorcerer.gif I graduated last October, so if you graduate on October you can join the graduation ceremony in April.

:bigclap: Congrats, Raine! :aparty: I hope you find a good job soon, good luck :hug:

But you're not gonna come here to fight with me for the boys, are you? :toothy: :p

but-it's-ok
03-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Many congratulations Raine:hug: :aparty::banana: Hope you get the job you deserve after your hard work;):hug:

Thanks Les,Eimear,Ellen for the moral support with my football team:hug::hug::hug: I have the same views about the way they get paid for non-performances. Thats my rant after every poor performance. I feel as a fan that I should be the one to say 'You're crap,there's the door,get out of this Club and don't come back even to play against this team:fiery:,sacked on the spot with no payoff.

There is far too much money in football. If they worked for the wages semi-professionals do(in Non League football),there wouldn't be all the sourpusses,giant egos and pathetic attitudes. All they can say is'Football is a business'. 'Yes,but its a sport,where people are tribal in their support. Teams should do all they can to involve their paying customers on and indeed off the pitch. How can fans be involved when the game is in front of them, when the performances are so apathetic?:shrug:

All players do is turn up for training in Ferraris, as a symbol of their wealth,and because they have more money than they know what to do with,they think that is more important than representing the club they play for in training and on matchday. Money doesn't buy pride,it comes from within. In other words money is more important to them than the reason they get the money.

The great Brian Clough used to put a football down on the dressing room floor and say 'This is what you're chasing' 'Now go out and enjoy yourselves'. He kept things simple. He hated the ball being punted up in the air saying 'If God wanted football played up in the clouds he would have put a pitch up there' All his teams passed the ball to feet, pass and move, pass and move. How I wish these methods were applied today,no complicated team talks, Cloughie barely even gave a team talk,he didn't need to. He signed strikers for a lot of money though because he believed it was the hardest job in the game to score goals(as indeed it is).

Maazou,he's one big loser alright:spit: I'm with you Ellen. He won't be missed at Lokeren, you have plenty of players who want to do well and already have done;)

Hi Maria,Vicky:wavey: Hope you're both well;)

port37
03-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Congratulations Raine! Best of luck in finding the job you want.

Masha91
03-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Go Raine! :) Happy job hunting!

*Raine
03-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks everyone. I really hope I can find a good job. I'll accept any job that is available right now for me, after all it is hard to look for one nowadays especially with the economy.

:lol: I was not here when you were discussing Metallica's songs. I was a Metallica fan. Up until now, rock is my favorite genre.

Di.. sorry for your football team

Ellen.. sure why not? *grabs Ernie and Gilles and hides them to my room*

All_is_onUSA: What episode are you in Bleach right now?

ellen_
03-10-2009, 11:33 AM
:lol: I was not here when you were discussing Metallica's songs. I was a Metallica fan. Up until now, rock is my favorite genre.

Metallica! :hearts: Rock! :dance:

Ellen.. sure why not? *grabs Ernie and Gilles and hides them to my room*

Nooooooooo :sobbing: Not the 2 sweetest boys of all! :armed: I'm gonna get you, Raine! Be afraid! :fiery: Be very afraid...

*grabs Nole and Mario as fast as I can and protect them from evil Raine :p*

Masha91
03-10-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm sure you'll find a fantastic job Raine!

port37
03-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Hell yeah Metallica!!! :rocker2::music:

I love Metallica, not quite as obsessive as I was in high school but still love to crank it! :secret: I even have a Metallica tattoo

*Raine
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Ellen and port37 (I'm sorry I don't know your name http://i44.tinypic.com/iontwm.jpg):

Mostly I grew up listening to (and eventually loving them:rocker2:): Queen, Oasis, Pearl Jam, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Hootie and the Blowfish, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Third Eye Blind, No Doubt, Cranberries and other bands I can't remember right now. :scratch:

Right now, I'm addicted to: Coldplay, Daughtry, Default, David Cook, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Evanescence and Shinedown. :D I also listen to J Rock. :angel:

Nooooooooo :sobbing: Not the 2 sweetest boys of all! :armed: I'm gonna get you, Raine! Be afraid! :fiery: Be very afraid...

*grabs Nole and Mario as fast as I can and protect them from evil Raine :p*

That's my line. :p

Not quick enough.. grabs Nole and Mario back.

I'm sure you'll find a fantastic job Raine!

Thanks. :D
Maybe I can be Nole, Gilles or Cristiano Ronaldo's fitness trainer? :angel: :lol:

port37
03-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Ellen and port37 (I'm sorry I don't know your name http://i44.tinypic.com/iontwm.jpg)

It's Alyce :wavey:

ellen_
03-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Ellen and port37 (I'm sorry I don't know your name http://i44.tinypic.com/iontwm.jpg):

Mostly I grew up listening to (and eventually loving them:rocker2:): Queen, Oasis, Pearl Jam, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Hootie and the Blowfish, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Third Eye Blind, No Doubt, Cranberries and other bands I can't remember right now. :scratch:

Right now, I'm addicted to: Coldplay, Daughtry, Default, David Cook, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Evanescence and Shinedown. :D I also listen to J Rock. :angel:

That's my line. :p

Not quick enough.. grabs Nole and Mario back.

I grew up with Queen, Bon Jovi, Guns nr Roses, RHCP, No Doubt, Cranberries, REM :yeah: Right now I often listen to Metallica, RHCP, Foo Fighters, Rammstein. But I actually like a lot of music genres, like dance music and RnB/Hiphop (Craig David :lick:).

Maybe I can be Nole, Gilles or Cristiano Ronaldo's fitness trainer? :angel: :lol:

You're gonna fire Miljan? :awww:

gambit84
03-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Congrats Raine :D :D best luck for the future :hug:

more or less another month left before my first comeback home :unsure: Am I ready? :unsure:

Truc
03-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Did you go to Ostrava, Rafito?

gambit84
03-10-2009, 06:48 PM
No, still without money, and I don't know, I was not in the right mood.
I'm studying really hard for an exam I have on thursday :awww:

*Raine
03-10-2009, 06:55 PM
I grew up with Queen, Bon Jovi, Guns nr Roses, RHCP, No Doubt, Cranberries, REM :yeah: Right now I often listen to Metallica, RHCP, Foo Fighters, Rammstein. But I actually like a lot of music genres, like dance music and RnB/Hiphop (Craig David :lick:).

I forgot to add No Doubt, Foo Fighters and REM :D. I did have my Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys moments when I was a kid though. :angel:

I like other genres too, like RnB, classical, pop etc. Depends on my mood, sometomes I listen to the songs from the 60's, 70's and 80's :hearts:. As for Craig David, I was addicted to his songs before, I haven't listened to his new stuff yet.

You're gonna fire Miljan? :awww: :spit:Nope. We're going to work together. :drool: Anything is possible in fantasy land. :lol:

It's Alyce :wavey:

:wavey: Hi Alyce.

Congrats Raine :D :D best luck for the future :hug:
more or less another month left before my first comeback home :unsure: Am I ready? :unsure:

Thanks. :hug:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Fran, quick question for you. Myself and Tess are just having a bit of a chat and we got to talking about tennis players who smoke cigarettes and we were just wondering if you knew whether any of the French players smoke?

Truc
03-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Ask the expert! :lol: :cool:
There are tons of people who know French tennis better than I do, you know, I've been following it for a couple of years only. The others just don't post as much as I do.

Marc Gicquel smokes or still used to smoke not so long ago, I haven't seen it myself, but I've heard it more than once from people I trust.
Grosjean used to be an occasional smoker, but I doubt he still is. That's sure too, Wertheim (?) mentioned it once in an article, he had seen Seb smoking in the hotel lounge and was very shocked. And Seb also says it in the book he published together with Arnaud, "Passing Potes", they say that they smoked after their semi-final in Melbourne.
Escudé smoked and he still smokes a lot, but he doesn't play anymore. I don't know for the young generation, it's more the older generation, I think.
I think CoocooCachoo says he saw Faurel smoke, but he's a Challenger player. Olivier Mutis smoked, that's sure, but he hardly plays anymore.

A lot of French coaches smoke, I always find that quite shocking when I see them together with the players at tournaments. Thierry Champion, the former coach of Paulo and Monfils, for example.

There was a thread about it in GM, I'll look for it.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Yup Fran :lol: I knew you'd be able to give me some answers. I was wondering about Gilles because one of the DC pictures in which his smiling and showing his teeth seems to show that he has 'smokers teeth' Tess agreed with me. I think that's how we got on to the subject actually. Thanks for all the info though ... I knew you'd be able to help somehow :lol:

Truc
03-10-2009, 07:48 PM
That's the thread I meant:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=102512&
There is a lot of BS, though, some people throw in names just for the sake of it.
Gaël is mentioned, I doubt it's true, but I don't know. People sometimes say he drinks alcohol too and it's not true, he hates alcohol, so people assume a lot of things about him.
Pioline smokes, that's true. A lot of people smoke in French tennis. Noah used to smoke when he was an active player, it's a tradition!

Gilles would be very surprising, but I have no idea.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh I'm just looking at that thread ... you're right ... some names are thrown in for the sake of it but you're right, a lot of the French players seem to be mentioned :lol: Thanks for that Fran. I appreciate it

ellen_
03-10-2009, 07:56 PM
I have a question for the French people amongst us :) I really wanna go to RG for a week (qualies week), so maybe some of you know secret cheap hotels or something? I have no idea if there are apartments there too, because I wouldn't mind to cook my own dishes :) A tent in someone's garden would be nice too :p :lol:

Truc
03-10-2009, 07:59 PM
You're welcome, Eimear, and keep us posted about if you keep asking around and hear of some smokers in the young generation. I've never heard of any, but it doesn't mean there aren't any.

Truc
03-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm French, but I live in Germany, so I'll let the other Frenchies answer, ellen!

Eimear O'Mahony
03-10-2009, 08:03 PM
I'll keep you posted for sure Fran. I've been googling without much success. I might try asking Xavier and Marion and see if they can tell me anything and I'll let you know ;)

xhr75019
03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
I have a question for the French people amongst us :) I really wanna go to RG for a week (qualies week), so maybe some of you know secret cheap hotels or something? I have no idea if there are apartments there too, because I wouldn't mind to cook my own dishes :) A tent in someone's garden would be nice too :p :lol:

Can't really help you there ellen sorry...
There is a thread in GM http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=122240 maybe you can find some good tips there ?
Or you could befriend :kiss: Roland Garros' gardener or concierge, maybe he would let you set up your tent on Center Court :lol:

I love that "secret cheap hotel" concept. If it is very cheap and very secret it might be a bit difficult for the owner to make a living out of it though :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Hey Xavier :hug: I don't know if you read the posts above but would you be able to help? It was just a conversation I had with Tess and I seem to have piqued Fran's interest as to whether the younger generation of French players smoke or not. I have my suspicions about Gilles but not sure about the others

xhr75019
03-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey Eimear, not the slightest idea sorry. When I worked with dancers most of them were smoking, I was surprised.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah its always surprising when people who are so fit and into their bodies would put such poisonous chemicals into their bodies but a fair few of them do!

ellen_
03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Can't really help you there ellen sorry...
There is a thread in GM http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=122240 maybe you can find some good tips there ?
Or you could befriend :kiss: Roland Garros' gardener or concierge, maybe he would let you set up your tent on Center Court :lol:

I love that "secret cheap hotel" concept. If it is very cheap and very secret it might be a bit difficult for the owner to make a living out of it though :lol:

Sleeping on Center Court :inlove: I could actually sleep under the court-tent then, I wouldn't even have to buy a new tent.

The secret cheap hotels might be known by only the elite Pariseans ;)

xhr75019
03-10-2009, 08:53 PM
The secret cheap hotels might be known by only the elite Pariseans ;)

Oh that's why ;)I am Parisian alright but haven't climbed my way up yet to the elite , I guess...

port37
03-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Hi Alli! :wavey:

Did you have fun watching Stan at DC? I didn't get to see any of it, but did see he had a win over Blake, at least there was one win for you to celebrate! I'd love to go to a DC tie, never been but I'd love to experience the raucous atmosphere.

port37
03-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Awesome! Funny about being caught on camera, I know what you mean, going crazy cheering at a sports event isn't the best look, I'm always paranoid about getting caught on camera at the football looking like a dork. I guess there wouldn't have been too many people for the cameras to pan to cheering after Stan won a point so uou stood out :) Good that no-one bugged you about cheering for 'the enemy' :lol: I got to see Stan in one of his AO matches this year and I agree that backhand is beautiful when it comes off.

Cloudygirl
03-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Oh that's why ;)I am Parisian alright but haven't climbed my way up yet to the elite , I guess...
:haha:

what sort of hotel are you looing for? How cheap? I have stayed in a few cheap hotels in Paris in my time.

xhr75019
03-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi Alli, thanks for your testimony:). It's always fun to have first hand report. You'd think that among the 160 french fans in Ostrava, one or two of them would speak english and be a member of the forum, so I hope we'll have the same thing for our match...

ellen is the one in need of "secret cheap hotel" in Paris, Cloudy (see previous page). Get in touch with her she will certainly love your tips :)

ellen_
03-11-2009, 10:01 AM
:haha:

what sort of hotel are you looing for? How cheap? I have stayed in a few cheap hotels in Paris in my time.

Practically, I just need a bed to sleep on sometimes and a bathroom where I can relax from a day full of stalking :shrug: Oh yeah, I really DO need Wifi :lol: I've been looking at Ibis hotels already, and apartments. But if you have tips, always
welcome :)

Real Madrid :bigcry:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Sounds like you had a great time at the DC tie Alison! You're really lucky. I bet the atmosphere must have been absolutely amazing. It sounded good on television so I can only imagine what it was like live :)

but-it's-ok
03-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Just to say 'Hi' to everyone:wavey::hug: I'm really busy until this evening,so I cant stop to chat right now:sad::bigcry: Hope you're all well and happy,see you guys later on:hug::kiss:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Hey Di :wavey: Talk to you later hun. Congrats on Norwich winning yesterday. I posted it in the Intro thread instead of posting it here so just in case you didn't see it WELL DONE NORWICH!!! :woohoo: (was that the match you were at btw?)

ellen_
03-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Oh dear :help: Don't we love the latest fashion trends? :silly: Maybe the man-leggings would fit Gilles :tape:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
I can really imagine Gilles in a pair of those :lol:

*Raine
03-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Just a quick hi for now.

I'm so nervous for Manchester United. I hope we'll win. :unsure:

I am awake at 2:31 am and wearing the Ronaldo jersey. :angel: :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

ellen_
03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't give a s*** about CL anymore, Raine :crying2: I don't understand what's going on with Real, damn it. I was so angry last night! Torres who scored against us was just painful. Good luck to ManU anyway.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Hey Raine. I have my Berbatov jersey on :lol: COME ON MAN U!!! You must have been disgusted last night Ellen ... I know I was!!! I absolutely hate Liverpool with a passion!!!

ellen_
03-11-2009, 08:02 PM
I definitely was, Eimear! And that Belgian referee... :fiery: :explode: Pff, but Real... They had such a bad start in La Liga - they came back miraculously and then lost stupid points again :smash:

:secret: And I actually don't like any English team. Oh sorry Di! Except Norwich! :smooch:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Aw that's great Di. I'm glad you were there to see Norwich win and put on a fantastic performance. That is such a rags to riches story about Cody McDonald. It really must be like a fairytale come true for him. Good for him :banana: :dance: I'm really happy for you though Di. It's always nice when you go to see your team and not only do they win but they put in a good performance. You must have inspired them :lol: :hug:

but-it's-ok
03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I couldn't believe that result from L'Pool/Real game:eek: Ellen:hug::hug: Football is so annoying,unforgiving at times:sad:

It was so nice to read those messages of congrats for Norwich,so touching,:awww:thanks to everyone:hug::hug:

What a transformation for us. Gunny used our most recent signings and they all played a part. Alan Gow our loan signing from Rangers set up both goals. The first after a miscommunication between Cardiff goalkeeper and last defender, for David Mooney our loan signing from Reading slotted in. The 2nd came in the 90th minute,another signing,Cody McDonald from Non-League Dartford, rounded the goalkeeper and scored. So I was so pleased with the way we played:banana::worship: We went back to playing pass and move football the way do when we are at our best:banana:

Until 6 weeks ago,Cody McDonald had a job putting up scaffolding on London Underground as well as playing for Dartford FC. The difference playing full-time professional football has made to the lad already. He's loving it:D A dream come true:awww:

I suspect like the Liverpool result,no-one at our ground could believe the final score. Cardiff have been pretty invincible lately.

All the best to the other English Clubs in Europe tonight:rocker2:

*Raine
03-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I don't give a s*** about CL anymore, Raine :crying2: I don't understand what's going on with Real, damn it. I was so angry last night! Torres who scored against us was just painful. Good luck to ManU anyway.

:smooch::hug:I wanted Liverpool though to win the match though. Got to root for other English teams as well. :p

Hey Raine. I have my Berbatov jersey on :lol: COME ON MAN U!!! You must have been disgusted last night Ellen ... I know I was!!! I absolutely hate Liverpool with a passion!!!

Cool. :lol: :cool:

I hope they both deliver today. They shouldn't put our efforts of wearing their jerseys to waste. :D

off to watch :banana:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Yup I'm off to watch too ... later guys!!! :wavey:

ellen_
03-11-2009, 09:10 PM
:smooch::hug:I wanted Liverpool though to win the match though. Got to root for other English teams as well. :p

You support ManU AND their rivals? :confused: Gotta ask though, how come you support ManU anyway? I'd find it a bit crazy to support a team that far away, can't imagine I would support a team from USA for example :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 09:38 PM
No Raine!!! You can't be a Man U AND a Liverpool supporter ... that's just wrong :sad: Still, each to their own and you're entitled to support whomsoever you choose! :)

*Raine
03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
:wavey: Ellen

I'll answer your question later, I can't think properly in English right now (my thoughts are all in my native language).. :lol: I'm so nervous for Man U. :lol:.

No Raine!!! You can't be a Man U AND a Liverpool supporter ... that's just wrong :sad: Still, each to their own and you're entitled to support whomsoever you choose! :)

Why not? :p

I'll answer this later too.

In the meantime: :woohoo::woohoo: to Vidic and Ronaldo. :D

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 10:02 PM
:wavey: Ellen

I'll answer your question later, I can't think properly in English right now (my thoughts are all in my native language).. :lol: I'm so nervous for Man U. :lol:.

Why not? :p

I'll answer this later too.

In the meantime: :woohoo::woohoo: to Vidic and Ronaldo. :D

In Ireland and the UK Man U and Liverpool have an INTENSE dislike for each other. They would rather die than follow the other team. I have friends and relatives who are Liverpool fans so it's not that the fans hate each other but they hate the other team with a passion. And when I say passion I MEAN passion. But, that's not to say that you can't like both teams! You're more than welcome to make your own decisions :hug: It would take me forever to explain the true rivalry between the two teams ... Di maybe you can help out?

COME ON UNITED!!!

but-it's-ok
03-11-2009, 10:48 PM
The Man U result,never in doubt was it;) Congrats to your team Raine and Eimear:hug: My brother is happy too:D

Man U/Liverpool rivalry? I don't think I could explain it simply either. I'm sure there must be a webpage about such a powerful thing;)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 10:50 PM
:woohoo: :banana: :rocker: :dance: Well done to Man U ... wasn't the greatest performance but we're in the quarters of the Champions League so I'll take that result any day and we wiped the smile of Mourinho's face too so happy days indeed!!! :woohoo: :banana: :rocker: :dance:
I'll Wikipedia it Di. I'm sure it's in there somewhere

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 10:53 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C._and_Manchester_United_football_riva lry

There you go Raine ... hope it helps explain things but remember ... we totally respect your choice who you shout for and if you shout for Liverpool as an English Champions League Team then that's your right and I respect that :) :hug:

*Raine
03-11-2009, 10:54 PM
In Ireland and the UK Man U and Liverpool have an INTENSE dislike for each other. They would rather die than follow the other team. I have friends and relatives who are Liverpool fans so it's not that the fans hate each other but they hate the other team with a passion. And when I say passion I MEAN passion. But, that's not to say that you can't like both teams! You're more than welcome to make your own decisions :hug: It would take me forever to explain the true rivalry between the two teams ... Di maybe you can help out?

COME ON UNITED!!!

I understand what you mean. We have something like that too and I will share that tomorrow, but for now I have to go to sleep.. it's already 5:52 am here.

Manchester United.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

off to bed. :wavey::zzz:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Goodnight hun. Sweet dreams :hug: :wavey:

but-it's-ok
03-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Yep Raine I respect your choice of teams too:hug: I admire Sheffield United in our division and Swansea, United are a good,honest side who my close friend supports, Swansea because they play good,attractive football and their manager Roberto Martinez has settled so well into life in Wales,and previously played in England too. (He's in my sig;)

Goodnight then Raine:hug: Goodnight all:wavey::hug:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Are you away too then Di??? Night, night hun :hug: :kiss:

Nichele Hull
03-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Four of my teams lost today! I am not watching anyone football for a year ;)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Aw Nichele that sucks hun :hug: What teams were they?

Nichele Hull
03-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Roma,Lyon,Inter and the other team I don't care about :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Well I can't say I'm sorry Inter lost TBH :lol: But I feel your pain on Roma. I was watching extra time in that match and the penalties and I have to say they didn't deserve to lose :( :hug: I didn't see Lyon's game but it was Barcelona they were playing right? There's no disgrace there. Barca are a good side

Nichele Hull
03-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Yeah well you shouldn't be disappointed the Man U played. Its sad your dealing with Ronaldo though

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 01:54 AM
How do you mean about Ronaldo?

Nichele Hull
03-12-2009, 02:13 AM
What I mean by Ronaldo is one match I was watching,Ronaldo was fouled by someone and he was on the ground and he kicked him on his ankle! It was a cheap thing to do and he got away with it! I was turned off for the whole match

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 02:20 AM
I'd love to sit here as a Man U fan and defend Ronaldo but the truth is I can't. His play acting sometimes is an absolute disgrace and makes me really angry. Myself and my brother and father often wonder how the coaches at Man U and Ferguson haven't hauled him up by the scruff of the neck and told him to cop himself on. He has no-one to blame but himself when he is genuinely fouled but referees book him for diving. Its a case of the boy cried wolf. It's such a shame he's like this because he's a class player and this side of his game is letting him down

gwumwen
03-12-2009, 05:47 AM

COME ON UNITED!!!
I am a supporter of Liverpool too, while my sister and one of my uncle support ManU. My father supports Arsenal while my other uncle supports Chelsea. The atmosphere was very weird when we watch these four teams in action together, and Wednesday matches by far are the worst, cos the matches usually starts at around 2:30am here and I have to wake each and everyone up to watch the match. They would tease/grumble/yell/swear/repeat the scores (depending on the result of the match0 at me until they get to work. According to the others in the family, it was a torture seeing us watching matches together, we could argue over anything:lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks Eimear :) It was so different live than it is on tv. On tv the stadium looks enormous and it all seems so untouchable. Being there in person takes away the mystique but it also adds the element of being able to really feel the momentum on the court and seeing how hard they hit the ball. I was just sitting there the whole time thinking - I can't believe Stan's right there... It brings the realization that he's just a regular person but also the excitement of seeing things first hand.

Yeah I feel the exact same when I go and see football live. They do so much more than they appear to do if you're just watching it on television. A LOT of people have commented on how you can't appreciate how hard they hit the ball until you see it live. That's really awesome. Yeah it's great seeing your favourites first hand. I've seen Cristiano Ronaldo play twice and both times I've been like 'Oh my God!!! Ronaldo is in front of me' and David Beckham too so I can totally appreciate where you're coming from!!! I can't wait to go to a tennis match!

I am a supporter of Liverpool too, while my sister and one of my uncle support ManU. My father supports Arsenal while my other uncle supports Chelsea. The atmosphere was very weird when we watch these four teams in action together, and Wednesday matches by far are the worst, cos the matches usually starts at around 2:30am here and I have to wake each and everyone up to watch the match. They would tease/grumble/yell/swear/repeat the scores (depending on the result of the match0 at me until they get to work. According to the others in the family, it was a torture seeing us watching matches together, we could argue over anything:lol:

Oh I bet that's fun!!! Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal all in the one house!!! One of my brothers in law supports Chelsea and another supports Liverpool so as you can imagine football discussions can get quite heated in my house :lol: Still, we don't take it too far though. Just a little light piss taking. We've yet to have a MAJOR argument over footie. We all respect who the other supports.

gwumwen
03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks Eimear :) It was so different live than it is on tv. On tv the stadium looks enormous and it all seems so untouchable. Being there in person takes away the mystique but it also adds the element of being able to really feel the momentum on the court and seeing how hard they hit the ball. I was just sitting there the whole time thinking - I can't believe Stan's right there... It brings the realization that he's just a regular person but also the excitement of seeing things first hand.

I have the same feeling even though I was only watching an exhibition match. I was watching JohnnyMac/Borg and Fed/Blake at that time. My first thought was: the ball was fast. People keep saying on tv, everything was flatten so as to squeeze into the tv and the ball looks very slow, I didn't believe that until I saw that in person. Blake was awesome even in exhibition matches. I am sure he would be a lot more impressive in the DC tie. You are so lucky;)

Oh I bet that's fun!!! Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal all in the one house!!! One of my brothers in law supports Chelsea and another supports Liverpool so as you can imagine football discussions can get quite heated in my house :lol: Still, we don't take it too far though. Just a little light piss taking. We've yet to have a MAJOR argument over footie. We all respect who the other supports.

That was the time when I enjoyed watching football most. We never have any major argument, the most heated argument is always over whether David Beckhamis hot or not- and still is. My sister is crazy over him and keeps on talking about him nonstop. It can get quite annoying :lol: I have no personal dislike over Dave, if there's any, it's all the fault of my sister:lol:. I dun see my uncles as often now, but every time I saw them, they greet me by saying "liverpool sucks:lol:"

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
I think I was the only female football fan ever to NOT find Beckham attractive ... and I still don't! As far as I'm concerned I'm not a fan girl when it comes to football. I take my football INCREDIBLY seriously. I can honestly say I've never fancied a footballer. I watch it to enjoy the football and not the players' legs :lol:

gwumwen
03-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Me neither- but probably because I am a Liverpool fans:devil:
I only watched football occasionally now because they are now showed on a different pay TV channel than tennis, they used to be shown on the same channel.
I can only watch football in a bar with my friends or go over to my uncle's house, and I have to say, I dun recognized 70% of the players in the Premier League. But I still enjoy watching the match, even though I can't tell who is who. Many people find this strange.

Truc
03-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Great read, Ally, thanks a lot!That also made me think about how awful it must be to get the glare of doom while taking photos of Gilles. I would feel so bad if that happened. If he ends up playing in Indy - I'll make sure to be on my best behavior. :lol:He said in the WLT interview he won't play events the week before a Slam or a Masters Series like he did last year in Casa and Indy, but I see Indianapolis is at a different time now in the calendar, so maybe he will play it.
(But I wish he won't since it's the same week as Hamburg.)

I hope you'll get the "glare of doom" one day to make your G. Simon experience complete! It's part of the fun.

port37
03-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Actually, I seemed to think that I was just as invisible as I am when I'm cheering in my living room watching tv. Otherwise, if I really thought about it, there was no way I was going to be the lone fan cheering (loudly) for Stan (and holding up homemade signs) across the court directly in front of the players' bench.

If he ends up playing in Indy - I'll make sure to be on my best behaviour

:D You've got some great stories from your weekend and you had great seats! When I'm watching tennis at home I'm jumping up and down and yelling, but when I'm at the tennis I'm very self-conscious and subdued, which helps when watching a favourite in a tight match because I don't stress out as much. I made a sign for Andy Roddick for this years AO and was holding that up, luckily I had Andy fans around me, so I didn't feel uncomfortable about it. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to be noticed so I have to get over that to go crazy.

Do you live in the Indy area and that's your local tournament? Have you been to the US Open? I'm going over to the US Open this year, booked my accommodation today :D

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 08:43 PM
I just read on teletext that Roger has announced Mirka is pregnant. A baby Roger on the way. I'm not the biggest Federer fan but good luck to him and Mirka

but-it's-ok
03-12-2009, 09:43 PM
I just read on teletext that Roger has announced Mirka is pregnant. A baby Roger on the way. I'm not the biggest Federer fan but good luck to him and Mirka

A:baby:Federer. I'm happy for them, I hope Mirka has a trouble free pregnancy. I am sure Roger will make a wonderful dad.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Maybe she's been having a little trouble (I sincerely HOPE not though) and that's the real reason he's been off the tour for a little bit

ellen_
03-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Just saying bye for now, because some of you might go to sleep :wavey: I'm going to bed for a snooze because I just took my medication and I wanna be fit for Ernie's match in a couple of hours :bounce:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Oh good luck to Ernie ... shame there won't be live streaming though :( Night hun I'll probs still be around at midnight if ya want someone to relieve the boredom of watching live scoring :)

but-it's-ok
03-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Just saying bye for now, because some of you might go to sleep :wavey: I'm going to bed for a snooze because I just took my medication and I wanna be fit for Ernie's match in a couple of hours :bounce:

Hope you can get some rest Ellen;):hug: I'll see you over on Erno's Forum in time;)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 11:39 PM
I might join yous chez Ernie ... I'll be bored on my lonesome

gwumwen
03-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Allow me to whine a bit here, I hate writing cover letters! The never-ending job hunting process... I have submitted to the firm my self introduction, my interest, my career goals and objectives 3 times and still they are requiring me to submit the cover letter now... are they really gonna read them?

ellen_
03-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Allow me to whine a bit here, I hate writing cover letters! The never-ending job hunting process... I have submitted to the firm my self introduction, my interest, my career goals and objectives 3 times and still they are requiring me to submit the cover letter now... are they really gonna read them?

That really sucks indeed :awww: Good luck with it.

A lot of good news for me today :cool: Ernie won, my friends got their 2nd daughter only hours after Ernie's win, and I have tickets for RG!

Allow me to start the day with a banana :banana:

gwumwen
03-13-2009, 10:42 AM
That really sucks indeed :awww: Good luck with it.

A lot of good news for me today :cool: Ernie won, my friends got their 2nd daughter only hours after Ernie's win, and I have tickets for RG!

Allow me to start the day with a banana :banana:
RG! :bounce: Congrats Ellen! Which day will u be going?

but-it's-ok
03-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Good luck with the jobhunting Joey;)

Ellen,they say things happen in threes;):hug: So pleased for your friends,congratulations to them on the birth of their new:baby::dance: You got tickets for RG:woohoo::banana: How many days do you have tickets for?

ellen_
03-13-2009, 10:47 AM
RG! :bounce: Congrats Ellen! Which day will u be going?

The tickets are for the first Sunday and Monday, but I'll probably go there earlier to see some of the qualies (and practices).

Eimear O'Mahony
03-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Aw Ellen that is great news all round :hug: You must be in a great mood today! I'm so happy for you :woohoo: :bounce:

gwumwen
03-13-2009, 10:55 AM
remember to take lots of photo back Ellen!
If I can get a job, I will go to Shanghai this year too
Last year my friend in Shanghai have extra free tickets (Gilles vs Fed) for the Masters Cup, but she only told me that very morning...

ellen_
03-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks guys, I'm very happy indeed. I also have tickets for the Masters in London, so I really really really hope Gilles will make it again! :banana:

remember to take lots of photo back Ellen!
If I can get a job, I will go to Shanghai this year too
Last year my friend in Shanghai have extra free tickets (Gilles vs Fed) for the Masters Cup, but she only told me that very morning...

Last year, we drove passed Charles de Gaulle airport on our way to RG - and just then I realized I forgot my camera :eek: This certainly won't happen again! :o

gwumwen
03-13-2009, 11:24 AM
remember to post here before you leave, we will remind you to bring your camera, bring your memory card and charge your camera!

Eimear O'Mahony
03-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Oh no Ellen you'd BETTER bring your camera. We want to see loads of pics!

Scotso
03-13-2009, 12:47 PM

Scotso
03-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Mirka got knocked up. :eek:

How sad.

turtle-rn
03-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Hey Scott! :wavey:

At least now, we know Ferderer's back injury in December was not faked! :lol:

ellen_
03-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Joohoo :wavey:

I'm trying very hard to survive until Gilles' doubles match, so I really need some action here :lol:

For the facebookers amongst us: I really HATE the new layout!

but-it's-ok
03-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Ellen:wavey:

Wow,looks like you're going to be in for the long haul tonight then. I've felt tired today so I had a little sleep after tea, and I woke up to find the 1st match hadn't finished. I think I might be able to go for another nap and be in good time for Gilles match:lol:

I see that MTF got hit by the good old Service Unavailable,Zero Object blah,blah,blah just as I was trying to log in after my sleep. I think there's been 4 days in a row when nothing went wrong,then the strain was too much:lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Hi guys. We're back in action :woohoo: I agree with you Ellen, not liking the new look FB at all!!! If there was a live stream I might stay up but I don't think there is so I'll just see if I'm awake at that time or not

ellen_
03-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Maybe I'll just go to bed when I get tired and don't switch off my computer... I tend to wake up in time very often (scary and creepy, really), so I'll see if I'm lucky today too ;) I am so bored :o There's not even a good movie on tv and I forgot to rent one. I wish I could watch Lost but I can't download it yet :sobbing:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Yup and Comic Relief is being really shit tonight too. There have only been 1 or 2 moments that I've laughed and I've just cried over a video they showed of a little baby who died of malaria :sad: I need cheering up or something to do ... maybe we should share some pictures again???

but-it's-ok
03-13-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm losing interest in TV,to be honest I prefer being on-line;)

Pictures are being a pain,I've just tried to upload a pic on the Adidas Boys thread. I'll have another go;)

ellen_
03-14-2009, 01:45 AM
I'm going for a snooze too... I'm not gonna set my alarm because I will have a headache then from waking up so brutally :lol: But if I'm awake, you'll see me appearing ;) If not, be sure I'll dream about the match :p

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 01:47 AM
I think I'm going to give in and head to bed myself. It's looking like it won't even be on at 2:30 anyway so ... Goodnight Ellen :wavey:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 11:06 AM
What a brilliant post there Alison. I love the way you describe what happened and your thoughts as they were happening. You should consider journalism or writing or something :lol: I loved it and it was great to hear those stories first hand. Shame you didn't get to talk to Stan, but hopefully you will another time :)

port37
03-14-2009, 11:28 AM
That’s good I’m not the only ‘sign’ person. All of my signs looked liked they said Satan instead of Stan – you know how you visually fill in letters sometimes that aren’t there.

:rolls: Allez Satan! Need to photoshop some devil horns on Stan!

That’s awesome you get to go to the US Open this year! I'm quite jealous. I've never been before. The DC tie was my first pro tournament to attend. I'm sure you'll have an awesome time. There will definitely be a rowdy crowd there!

Yes, from what I've heard and seen from watching the USO on tv, the night sessions get very rowdy plus they have the music in between changeovers which gets everyone pumped. I'll probably go a little :crazy: whilst I'm there.

Loved reading about your experience, it's good to read about other people's experiences at tournaments. I'm sure next time you see Stan play in a tournament you'll be ready to talk to him, when you get the opprtunity you just have to think 'if I don't do this I'll regret it'.That's how I work up the courage, because I get really shaky and nervous as well.

Ellen - RG tickets :bigclap: that's very exciting!

MsTree
03-14-2009, 11:59 AM
I watched a couple of the USA - SWI ties and was thinking of you Al :)
Stan was great against Blake and I was really hoping you were there for that one! :)
He looked pretty cute too :hearts:

I think I was the only female football fan ever to NOT find Beckham attractive ...
Nope, he's minging, and the squeaky voice really puts you off even more!

:wavey: Scotty! :wavey:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Nope, he's minging, and the squeaky voice really puts you off even more!

Oh thank God I'm not the only one ... was beginning to think there was something wrong with me not fancying Beckham :lol:

but-it's-ok
03-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Alli:hug: thats an amazing write up:hatoff::worship: I'm sure you'll get to meet and talk to Stan. I think tennis has some of the nicest people in the whole of sport nowadays. So many of the players are so fan friendly,I can honestly say I have never had a negative experience approaching any of them for autographs,or for a chat. Its the ambiance of these guys that sets them apart from other sportsmen:hearts::worship:

I'll never forget the day Gasquet won Nottingham on his 19th birthday. Max Mirnyi the beaten finalist led the birthday song,in tune too,totally spontaneous.

I just want to say thanks to my mates in Norwich whose house I'm at right now for being so accommodating,letting me use their laptop and keep up with events. Steve,Karen:kiss::kiss: Craig my boyfriend and lucky mascot:inlove:

Its chaos,we're all watching different things on DVD,TV or computer:lol:

BTW I don't like Beckham either.

ellen_
03-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Ola chicas y chicos :wavey:

I don't think Beckham is attractive but I must admit that this picture certainly does something to me :angel:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_v9nTKD7D57Q/SIiV0uR3JPI/AAAAAAAAKsU/dpmnNaJk4ss/s400/david-beckham-0324_preview.jpg

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Hello to your friends and cute sexy Dublin accent Di :wavey: :lol:

but-it's-ok
03-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Craig and my friends say 'Hi'to you all:)

I have to admit,its not just Craig's accent its his sense of humour too that makes me so:inlove:with him. This saying is my favourite,he says it a lot, even though he doesn't drink much:lol:

Here's to a sweetheart, a bottle, and a friend.
The first beautiful, the second full, and the last ever faithful:awww:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Aye us Irish people have a great sense of humour Di :lol: I like that saying! I haven't heard if before but I think it's great!

ellen_
03-15-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm hitting the pillow for a while :zzz: I've set my alarm at 1.45am CET, just yell very hard when that cute Frenchman is on his way earlier! I'll wake up ;)

but-it's-ok
03-15-2009, 12:18 AM
You'll probably be hearing it a lot more Eimear:lol: I cant get enough of it:lol:

I mean here's me at my mates house. They've gone for a slap up meal, and a drink and Craig and I are staring at their laptop carrying LiveScores,watching TV,and posting here:lol:

Tolerance is the first requirement I need my mates to have:lol:

Ellen:wavey: Enjoy your:zzz: I darent hit the pillow,my excuse is that its my mates bed and it will feel foreign to me:lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Night Ellen. I'm staying up myself for Gilles so I'll be talking to you then :) :wavey: Di, poor Craig. He puts up with a lot. Must be a very tolerant guy :lol:

but-it's-ok
03-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Oh yes he's very tolerant. As if thats not enough we work together for 2 days a week:lol: He's more tolerant because he knows I won't stalk him at work 5 days a week:lol: Thats why he's tolerant:kiss:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Oh I forgot you guys met in work :lol: That's so cool. He sounds like a sweet guy. So, what are we going to do to keep each other awake until Gillou gets out onto the court??? Any ideas???

but-it's-ok
03-15-2009, 01:19 AM
Well I'm sure to be awake now,my mates are back;)

Craig was the one who put himself out to make me feel welcome at the Citizens Advice Bureau when I first started volunteering there;) And he has the same fondness for doing karaoke as I do;) I did karaoke for a local charity and I invited him along with some other friends of mine to come and watch me make a complete *** of myself:lol:

I love singing actually and he does too. I wouldn't say we are the best but not the very worst simply because we haven't had any neighbours complaining we've shattered any glass with our volume:lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 01:26 AM
Aw that sounds so sweet. You sound like a really compatible couple. I just hope my wedding invite's in the post! ;) Have your friends had a nice meal?

gwumwen
03-15-2009, 01:53 AM
:wavey:Hi everyone, I couldn't wake up to see Richie...

but-it's-ok
03-15-2009, 01:55 AM
I've only known Craig a year;)

We're not in a hurry to get wed so invites are some way off:lol:

Yeah my friends have been to a Chinese restaurant,they've had Deep Fried Chicken with orange sauce. I haven't ever had that but it sounds just yummy:lick:

Eimear I know you're off work at the moment,I don't think I've asked you, Whats your job?

Joey:wavey:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Hi Joey :wavey: You missed a good match but hopefully you can stay awake to see Gilles although I think that might be a long way off yet because I can see Hantuchova taking it to three.
Di, I work in a supermarket as a checkout operator which is why I can't go back to work because I can't stand for too long with my knee and they're not being very accomodating. I have a degree and masters but, because of the recession, there are no marketing jobs available so I had no choice but to keep on my college job and hope something comes up in marketing soon :(

gwumwen
03-15-2009, 02:07 AM
I am watching the live scores now, hope Hantuchova finish the match quickly so we don't need to wait too long :) It's not good for you all to stay up till so late. Last night I couldn't resist the temptation of watching Murray until I fell asleep on the laptop at 4-3 or 5-3 second set. Now my whole body is aching:sad:

but-it's-ok
03-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Hi Joey :wavey: You missed a good match but hopefully you can stay awake to see Gilles although I think that might be a long way off yet because I can see Hantuchova taking it to three.
Di, I work in a supermarket as a checkout operator which is why I can't go back to work because I can't stand for too long with my knee and they're not being very accomodating. I have a degree and masters but, because of the recession, there are no marketing jobs available so I had no choice but to keep on my college job and hope something comes up in marketing soon :(

Yes I can see Daniela and Yanina slugging it out for quite a while yet.

Eimear the situation you're in job and health wise must be so difficult for you:awww:,especially as you have marketing background. I think I can see why you chose marketing as a career,even being at the supermarket must suit your personality because you're so bubbly:hug:

I have to wander about a lot at work cos of my back. I have to be such a fidget:lol: My boss is always joking'There goes the lost sheep again':lol:

MsTree
03-15-2009, 02:11 AM
The late nights are OK, Jeremy Chardy's promised to write to our bosses if we fall asleep at work (oh wait I think that's only if we're watching him :lol: )

but-it's-ok
03-15-2009, 02:23 AM
The late nights are OK, Jeremy Chardy's promised to write to our bosses if we fall asleep at work (oh wait I think that's only if we're watching him :lol: )

:lol:

I'm amazed I'm still awake - I've actually had 3 late nights in a row and this is the most alert I've been:lol: Its definitely not ideal for people's health. My throat is just tight,my body is telling me I should still be drinking,I've been up since 7 am this morning:lol:

I'd better put something in my friends electricity bill kitty before we leave tomorrow - the laptop I've been so kindly loaned has been on for 7 hours and counting:tape::tape:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 02:28 AM
Yes I can see Daniela and Yanina slugging it out for quite a while yet.

Eimear the situation you're in job and health wise must be so difficult for you:awww:,especially as you have marketing background. I think I can see why you chose marketing as a career,even being at the supermarket must suit your personality because you're so bubbly:hug:

I have to wander about a lot at work cos of my back. I have to be such a fidget:lol: My boss is always joking'There goes the lost sheep again':lol:

Yeah they're going to a 3rd set methinks. I am just SHATTERED at this stage! I'll be lucky if I see a set of Gilles' match! I always get into trouble at work for talking TOO much :lol: The customers like me though 'cause I'm always chatty and friendly to them. Yeah I thought marketing suited my personality which is why I went into it but it's so difficult to get a start in particularly nowadays. :lol: I can just see your boss!!! :lol:

but-it's-ok
03-15-2009, 02:33 AM
I don't know whether this link will help us to get through just a few more hours.
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/12/01/shortcut.stayawake/index.html

Hantuchova and Wickmayer have one more set to play,please be quick girls;)

Alli:hug: at some stage I'll write something about the experiences I've had meeting players. And the amazing thing is it was all in Nottingham,a lovely,friendly little tournament that this year will be a combined Mens/Womens Challenger:sad:

Still,I'll be going to that and Eastbourne:dance: I've never actually been to watch any WTA,it'll be great cos I'll get two chances to see some.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 02:36 AM
Great page Di :) I think I might bring my dog up to the road or go downstairs and have a cigarette and hope my parents don't catch me

gwumwen
03-15-2009, 02:39 AM
Alright – here’s some additional highlights from my DC report for those of you who like first-hand reporting. I’m not sure if you’ve been enjoying the actual on-court related stuff or my commentary about embarrassing myself. If it’s the latter, this should be somewhat entertaining:

The entire time I’m holding up my signs, I’m thinking Stan’s not ever actually going to see me – so this is safe to do. After one of his angry racquet throwing outbursts, he’s sitting on the bench looking straight ahead but not necessarily in my direction. I forced myself to hold up one of my signs. That was really tough to do. :o :o (I hid my face behind it as I held it up though.) But, I suppose that’s what fans do – support their players even in the worst of times. And, of course, at this point I’m still in denial that he would actually see the sign (or me holding it).

[btw - I hate it when Stan smashes racquets but I laughed (to myself only, of course) when Severin (Luthi) picked a piece of his racquet out of his hair after he completely demolished one during the doubles match. ‘Uh, Stan – let me get your racquet out of your hair for you…’ :lol: This must be part of his job description as team captain]

Prior to the matches starting on Day 3, I figured I would go and ‘practice’ getting an autograph and talking to Chiudinelli in preparation for doing the same with Stan (in the event he won his match against Roddick). I’m a nervous cat a lot of the time, so I knew I needed the practice. I go over to the other side of the court and walk all of the way down to the front after he finishes practicing. I was getting ready to go and stand with other people who were lined up down on the end but then I saw him look at me and squeeze through part of this barricade to come over to me. He just has his head down the entire time as he walks over to me. My sister was watching from the other side and said it looked like he was going to walk right past me. I had my program opened to his photo and handed him the sharpie. My hands were shaking and it made it worse that he was being so shy. I was figuring he’d be all confident based upon his not having any issues looking right at people when he’s on the court. The whole time, I’m telling myself ‘say something. Anything.’ It would have been easier to talk to him if he would have looked at me. When he was autographing my program his arm/wrist was touching mine and at the time I was wondering why that was happening. My internal dialogue during this experience (along with telling myself to say something to him) is something like this: [I]'Hand him the pen (felt tip pointed toward me) – okay. That went well. Good job. Damn. My hands are shaking. Stop it. Oh, his arm is touching mine. He has nice skin tone and is pretty good looking too.’ All I managed to say was ‘good luck today.’ And he said ‘thank you.’ I’m in a total fog while this is happening and then somehow drift into Yves Allegro so I get his autograph too. All I really remember is initially trying to hand Yves my sharpie but then realizing he already had one in his hand. Afterward – I realized Marco’s arm was touching mine because he was using his left hand to steady the program while he autographed it… Oops. :o Then I felt really embarrassed. After that, I felt more confident but also thought I’m in no way prepared to actually try to talk to Stan. I’ll just make a fool of myself. I know he’s really shy, so I’d probably just embarrass him. My ‘practice’ seemed enough to prepare me to stand there holding a pen and not say anything to him. :lol: I’m such a wimp.

Sadly (or not) I never ended up having an opportunity to talk to Stan or get his autograph. The best time to get autographs was either when they finish practicing or following their on-court interview after a win. Stan was always first to play, so he was never out practicing prior to the matches starting. After his win over Blake on Day 1, I was sitting in my seat thinking – ‘damn. I guess I should have gone over there.’ It wasn’t a big deal though. I’m definitely a fan of the action as opposed to a giddy/drooling fangirl.

I did have a cool Stan ‘interaction’ though. In his match against Roddick, he was serving at 15-40 at 2-4 in the third set. At that moment, I was channeling positive energy and was actually thinking about Gillou. I was telling myself to hang in there with him and stay positive. (Watching Gilles has taught me to not be fatalistic in situations like that and to be calm as he fights off break points.) My sister whispers to me – ‘well, it looks like it’s all over here.’ I fight off the temptation to think the same. I’m staring right at Stan, maintaining my positive focus (saying mentally, you can do it, hang in there, you’re strong). He’s preparing to serve on the deuce side, closest to my side of the court. As I’m staring at him, he looks up after doing his pre-service ritual of sorting the balls. At that moment, it appears that he’s looking right at me. My internal dialogue (while feeling his eyes locked right onto mine) is: 'Is he looking at me? No. He can’t be. But…it sure looks like he is. He can’t be. Oh, I think he is. Oh, my. Do something.’ It was kind of like the twilight zone (but in a good way). So, somehow I manage to give the Dimitry Zavialoff ‘you can do it’ head nod. Zavialoff is his coach. If you’ve watched Stan play, he often looks at him in similar situations and Zavialoff gives the head nod. Now, I’m still in denial about this actually happening (even now – it’s easier to try to write it off as some bizarre fan hallucination). My brain has tried to block it out I think. Sadly, he ends up getting broken and then Roddick serves for the match. I guess the point here is that there’s a reasonable chance that I wasn’t actually invisible. I suppose if my being the lone crazy fan on my side helped him in some way, it was certainly worth it to risk looking like an idiot in front of the other 15,000 people and the global viewing public. :)

I enjoy reading your post, thanks for sharing with us:) I can't believe I missed your post in the first place (I didn't realize I have skipped this page completely) I won't even dare to approach the players for autograph, I literally freeze when they are within 10m from me :p

That was a cool interaction experience with Stan! He must have seen your sign sometime during the match so he is looking at you!

gwumwen
03-15-2009, 02:42 AM
I don't know whether this link will help us to get through just a few more hours.
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/12/01/shortcut.stayawake/index.html

Hantuchova and Wickmayer have one more set to play,please be quick girls;)

Alli:hug: at some stage I'll write something about the experiences I've had meeting players. And the amazing thing is it was all in Nottingham,a lovely,friendly little tournament that this year will be a combined Mens/Womens Challenger:sad:

Still,I'll be going to that and Eastbourne:dance: I've never actually been to watch any WTA,it'll be great cos I'll get two chances to see some.
Nice page Di. I have just been listening to Queens to shake off the last bit of sleepiness:devil:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 02:43 AM
How slow can 1 set of tennis go :( They've only played 1 bloody game!!!

gwumwen
03-15-2009, 02:48 AM
How slow can 1 set of tennis go :( They've only played 1 bloody game!!!
2 games now... awwwww

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 03:10 AM
Anymore tunes Ali??? In desparate need of some!

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 03:16 AM
That's okay don't worry about it :hug: Ah sure hopefully not much longer now and we'll see Gillou

gwumwen
03-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Oh, no! Sorry Eimear - I had trouble thinking of that one... (don't listen to Natsume's 'special' song - it'll either put you to sleep or make you cry...)

I feel kind of guilty that the rest of you are struggling to stay awake at such an odd hour. It's a comfortable 9pm for me.
It's 10am here now, but I still can't help yawning....

MsTree
03-15-2009, 03:21 AM
The band were playing that at the changeovers at the DC tie weren't they? :devil:
I'm wide awake. I can see already though I'll have trouble getting up for work on Monday morning :eek:

gwumwen
03-15-2009, 03:22 AM
I went to sleep after Murray's match, and dreamt of Richie and Mika's match! Can't see the scoreline nor the ball though- it's just like seeing a bad quality live stream! :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Ah don't start me off yawning!!! LOL It has to be nearly time! I'm going to give it another half hour methinks! It's 2:30 in the am!!!

but-it's-ok
03-15-2009, 03:34 AM
:devil:
I'm wide awake. I can see already though I'll have trouble getting up for work on Monday morning :eek:

At least this womens match is drawing to its conclusion at long last. I'm struggling to think straight but I'm wide awake:lol:

Joey:hug: Don't feel guilty about the time difference;)

Alli I like that song Heavy D & The Boys :rocker2: Weren't they one hit wonders?

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 03:38 AM
There's no t-b in the final set though :eek:

gwumwen
I am staring so hard at the live score that my eyes are so dry now! They have dragged on for over 2h40m already, time to conclude the match!

MsTree
That one doesn't work?
Here's a good alternative 90s tune though if you need a wee dance ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj-zvtVou4Q

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 03:39 AM
6-6 Argh!!!

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 03:41 AM
Oh it is a TB thank GOD!

gwumwen
03-15-2009, 03:41 AM
4-1 on tb, the match will be over soon

but-it's-ok
03-15-2009, 03:42 AM
Eimear looks like they're playing a tie-break to me sweetie;):hug: Daniela is 5-1 up;)

gwumwen
03-15-2009, 03:45 AM
I'm just staring at my blank livestream feed. It's less painful than having to watch the other match waiting for it to get over...
It's better to chat here than staring at the score. I could have burnt my notebook with my stare:p

Eimear O'Mahony
We spoke to soon about the tie-break going quickly :rolleyes:

MsTree
No that last link didn't work Ali and now my Youtube is in French :eek:
Must be the magic of Gillou over the interweb :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 03:46 AM
WOO HOO :woohoo: We'll get to see Gilles soon!!!

but-it's-ok
03-15-2009, 03:47 AM
Its Over Its Over Its Over, wasn't that Roy Orbison:lol:

Daniela wins:D

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 03:48 AM
None of the links on Bet 365 are working for me now :mad: :fiery:

gwumwen
03-15-2009, 03:48 AM
WOO HOO :woohoo: We'll get to see Gilles soon!!!
:yippee::yippee:

MsTree
03-15-2009, 03:49 AM
There's no stream yet, the ladies must still be on court. Atdhe has it too :)

I'll go with the cosmic Gillou explanation :)

There's the stream on now :)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 03:50 AM
It's working now. PHEW!!! I would have been so mad if I'd stayed up this late and it didn't work

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 03:51 AM
Les ... fags and brandy at the ready :armed:

*Raine
03-15-2009, 02:56 PM
:wavey: Hi.

Good luck to Gilles, I can't watch the matches in Indian Wells.. livestreams keep buffering and it's not televised (at least until the quarterfinals). It's been like this after the AO. :o :tape:

Anyway..

Eimear, Di and Ellen.. here's my answer as to why I also support Liverpool and your other questions.

Ellen asked me why I support Manchester United (a team that's far away) in the first place. I don't know, I just like to support foreign teams because they are pretty popular here, be it -hockey (Pittsburgh Penguins), basketball (San Antonio Spurs) , football (Man United), baseball (New York Mets). I do have local teams though but it's just basketball and football because we're not good in other sports. I blame my brother for getting me into sports :angel:. Back to Manchester United, I started to support them because of Beckham. And I noticed Beckham because of Posh Spice.. back in 1999, I was looking at a magazine article of the Spice Girls and I read that Victoria's boyfriend was David Beckham.. and there's a picture of him on the magazine. I thought he was cute, so I've decided to do a research about him and I learned that he's in a club called Manchester United. I watched their game and I was an instant fan :D.

Since then, I've supported the England national team (always my favorite) in the World Cup and Euro Cup, I also support other countries because of the Manchester United players. My first favorite in Manchester United was Beckham (of course :p), followed by Ruud and now it's Cristiano. But I love all of players in that club. I love them too much that I even cry when they lose a very important match. :D

As for liking Liverpool, it started with Michael Owen, he was my crush before when he was in Liverpool and now it's Gerrard and Torres :hearts:. Actually, I like other teams from English Premier League too like Chelsea for example :p. I don't really care for the rivalries :shrug:, I just love them all.. especially those who play for the England team. We have something like that here too.. two basketball teams, the fans hate the opponents w/ a passion. But that doesn't stop me from supporting both teams.

Another thing, I barely read articles regarding what's happening to the players off the pitch, so most of the time I'm clueless as to why people hate player A. :o

I'm not doing so well progressing through the episodes. I believe I finished 25 and am ready for 26. I'm rather slow but I really like watching it now. I haven't watched any for a while. I've been a little preoccupied with tennis lately.

btw - I like your new avatar :yeah: Ichigo is a badass.

I went to the US v. SUI DC tie with my sister this past weekend and talked her into dressing nice with me one day. For my compromise, I agreed to do 'black t-shirt' day. I'm more of a dress up type and she's a black t-shirt type. Since I didn't own a black t-shirt, I had to buy one. You'd be impressed because I picked out a Bleach t-shirt (it's the Ichigo eyes one). I wore it on the third day of the tie. A few people actually came up to me and complimented me on the shirt. I guess it was a good choice. :)

I see. As I've mentioned above, I haven't been able to watch tennis that much ever since the AO. Good thing there's American Idol and tv series such as Battlestar Galactica to make up for it. :angel:

Ichigo is really a cool badass guy. Hehe. I love how rough he is at times but cares so much for his friends that it becomes a hindrance during a battle.

Aww, I would like to see that t shirt.. that sounds cool. :D

MsTree
03-16-2009, 09:43 PM
I was going to try to sleep between Andy's and Gillou's matches... but I've decided to get fired up instead. So here's a tune to fire us up for Ali's prematch tune :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wJ2LMDN7UA&feature=related

Eimear O'Mahony
03-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh I LOVE that song ... good choice Les :yeah:

gwumwen
03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
hi everyone, watching any matches?

Nichele Hull
03-16-2009, 10:04 PM
I hope that this Gonzo match goes three! The womens match is pretty much done and thats not good news

gwumwen
03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
I hope that this Gonzo match goes three! The womens match is pretty much done and thats not good news
I hope so too, but doesn't look likely tho

MsTree
03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm watching it too - Blake looks pretty frustrated and Gonzo's on fire :)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Why is it not good news that the women's match is going quickly Nichele?

Nichele Hull
03-16-2009, 10:56 PM
I love Federer and Simon and I don't want both of their matches on at the same time. You know whos match they are going to show ;)

sammy01
03-16-2009, 11:09 PM
my choice of music for tonights match is -

tori amos - hey jupiter live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_qRHoEkJU

im so falling in love with tori again since i found out she has a new album out in may :drool:

Keijan
03-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Okay, Gillou, bring it on :fiery: let's avenge the musqueteers who fell.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Come into the tournament thread hun. I'm sure he'll do his best!

but-it's-ok
03-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Love all the music,thanks everyone:hug:

Happy St Patricks Day:aparty: I'm so excited:yippee: My boyfriends family are coming over from Dublin today:dance:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Happy Paddy's day to you too Di :hug: I hope you have fun celebrating it with your boyfriend and his family!!!

Keijan
03-17-2009, 11:33 AM
:sobbing: Just woke up... I don't even think I'll watch the rest of this tournament. What an awful night.
Is IW far from Miami ? Maybe the 4 of them could go there together as road trip :cool: (I think Gaël and Richie did that last year or two years ago)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Road trip for the 4 musketeers :rocker: Not a bad idea at all Marion :lol:

Keijan
03-17-2009, 11:47 AM
I believe so too :lol: in a jeep, hair in the wind and singing nothing else matteeeeeeers to the top of their lungs :lol:
I seriously can't wait for the clay season to begin. I can't wait to see Jo on it and I feel it's the best surface for Gaël and Gilles. Plus it would mean we're heading closer to Wimbledon where Richie has a good chance :cool:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah, that would be so funny, the four of them and Gael listening to his rap on his headphones because he doesn't like the other three's taste in music :lol: Yeah hopefully the clay court season will bring a change of fortunes for our beloveds. Why??? Who wasn't happy??? What happened??? We didn't do anything!!! PM me if you want about it 'cause I switched my computer off straight after the match and haven't been back in that thread today to be honest

*Raine
03-17-2009, 01:43 PM

:unsure: I sure hope my explanation in the previous page on how come I like Manchester United and Liverpool is enough for Ellen, Eimear and Di.

The songs that pump me for the day (and also a preparation to watch a tennis match)
are:

1. Don't Stop The Music by Rihanna
2. Viva La Vida by Coldplay
3. Declaration by David Cook :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Thanks Les and Sam for getting us started with your fab selections! :yeah:

I decided to go with some AMV’s (anime music videos) for our resident anime lovers for our pre-match songs today. If you’re not an anime lover – just listen to the songs and ignore the video! ;)

A little rock:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8gixuoCn_IM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8gixuoCn_IM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A little Tainted Love MM style:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cSFWMyWz0CE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cSFWMyWz0CE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In case you’re aching for the Soft Cell original: Tainted Love (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cCI_XDQWb0)

And, of course for dear Natsume (and anyone else who doesn’t like what we’re having for dinner :p):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4jOYDpA5pBM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4jOYDpA5pBM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is actually one of my favorite songs. It’s not exactly mainstream so I won’t be surprised if no one has heard it before. I grew up listening to Cat Stevens and this tune is very close to my heart (it rips my guts out to hear it – but in a good way). If you don’t like it, just secretly spit it into your napkin and don’t say anything… :p/;)

(btw – I’m not very far into Death Note so I’m very much wondering why is it that L is weeping at (and washing) Light’s feet? Very, very intriguing indeed – for a number of reasons…)

Thanks for your recommendations. :D

When it comes to Bleach, Number One is a good pump up song too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-T_Kymtf4&feature=related

:lol: :p

I haven't watched Death Note yet. ;)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Sorry Raine, I COMPLETELY meant to reply and it went out of my head. It's absolutely understandable it really is. The rivalries aren't as big outside of Ireland and the UK so it's only natural that some people will support a few clubs even if UK/Irish people would consider them rivals. And, if you're into English players etc it's natural you'll follow clubs with English players and they are the biggest clubs in England with the highest number of English players in the Premiership (apart from Aston Villa I think) so yeah I get you :)

turtle-rn
03-17-2009, 09:15 PM
This is actually one of my favorite songs. It’s not exactly mainstream so I won’t be surprised if no one has heard it before. I grew up listening to Cat Stevens and this tune is very close to my heart (it rips my guts out to hear it – but in a good way). If you don’t like it, just secretly spit it into your napkin and don’t say anything… :p/;)
I forgot the napkin bit but good thing, as you know, I got Cillit Bang! *big grin*

*kidding* On a serious note, I love Cat Stevens' songs from the early seventies, I never get tired of listening to the Harold and Maude soundtrack (nor of watching that movie again and again), so thanks for the good memory. Favorite procrastination kind of music for me! haha

The vid doesn't really fit the dreamy effect and mood of the tune imo. btw, not spoiling anything but the slight slash innenduo in DN is just an anime thing, there wasn't any in the original manga.

Brownie
03-18-2009, 01:53 AM
*kidding* On a serious note, I love Cat Stevens' songs from the early seventies
Me too:)

I hear that you’ve gotten an honorary degree from Cillit Bang! U. And that you’ve graduated with highest honors. That’ll go really well with your moose expert certification. :lol: I hear that moose are considered acid sensitive material.

I saw this the other day and thought of all of you :lol:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/pluralenglish.php

Unfortunately, moose is not on there :p

*Raine
03-18-2009, 06:50 AM
:wavey: Brownie: Do you watch American Idol?

Sorry Raine, I COMPLETELY meant to reply and it went out of my head. It's absolutely understandable it really is. The rivalries aren't as big outside of Ireland and the UK so it's only natural that some people will support a few clubs even if UK/Irish people would consider them rivals. And, if you're into English players etc it's natural you'll follow clubs with English players and they are the biggest clubs in England with the highest number of English players in the Premiership (apart from Aston Villa I think) so yeah I get you :)

I'm glad you understand. :D :hug:

You’re welcome :D

I especially like your Rihanna selection. I’ve actually never heard that song before. I was wondering if it was a remake of Yarbrough & Peoples' Don't Stop the Music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XZ7gi1VRwU) but it’s not. I love that song. I was most certainly born in the wrong decade. I should have been in my early 20’s during the late 70’s. Who knows if I would have made it out alive though… :lol:

Re: DN - I guess you'll just have to start watching it and find out what all the fuss is about ;)

You should listen to Rihanna's Don't Stop The Music, it's really funky :lol:. I haven't heard of Yarbrough & Peoples' Don't Stop the Music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XZ7gi1VRwU) though. Regarding Cat Stevens, I only know of the song The First Cut Is The Deepest.. he wrote that right? :confused: I am also fan of the 60's, 70's and 80's music (1986 baby here:angel:) but I admit I'm not familiar w/ some songs and artists. :)

I'll watch Death Note after I finish Battlestar Galactica. ;)

How about you, do you watch American Idol? I'm not sure if I asked you this before.

isabelle86
03-18-2009, 07:48 AM
tulasne was last night in the match of Chardy, he also lost! :(
Gilles is still in Indian Welles.
does somebody know hiss clay schedule? sadly he is not coming to Barcelona (Gasquet and Tsonga are coming).

Brownie
03-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Really??!! How cool!!! *highfive*

What's the plural for enigma? There's two of you! :hug:

That game was sooo much fun! I didn't cheat and I got 43/46 in under 3 minutes. I stared at Cherub, Radius, and Seraph the rest of the time trying to figure them out with no luck. Cherubim, radii, seraphim. I knew radii, just not how to spell it... :lol:

Now, I'm on a total high. Stan just pulled off this amazing win. Cat Stevens and the cool plural english game. I'm quite happy :D
I got the same! I missed heroes :banghead::help:, cherubim, and seraphim. What a random group of things to give you a high ;) :lol:

Okay - I just did it again. Even though it doesn't really matter - I finished in 1:57. If I could only type a little faster... :lol: This was probably a bad thing to introduce me to... I don't need anymore mentally stimulating diversions :lol: Now we all know the root of your procrastination problem... ;)
Try the states in the US...it's always fun to see how fast you can do that one. Oooo, or the capitals! Haha, yes, sporcle, among other things, contributes to my procrastination ;) I don't know how it couldn't though, they come out with new quizzes every day :lol:

(Now that I'm totally blown away by there being other Cat Stevens fans) Just out of curiosity - does this movie line ring a bell for anyone?

"I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object."
Sorry, that quote doesn't ring a bell. If it has to do with a movie involving Cat Stevens, I have no clue. I just listen to his songs.

:wavey: Brownie: Do you watch American Idol?

Nope, sorry Raine! I've never been able to get into it. I like Survivor though :lol:

Brownie
03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
tulasne was last night in the match of Chardy, he also lost! :(
Gilles is still in Indian Welles.
does somebody know hiss clay schedule? sadly he is not coming to Barcelona (Gasquet and Tsonga are coming).
Here's what it says in the 2009 season thread:wavey::

06/04 – rest
13/04 – Monte Carlo, Monaco – Masters 1000
20/04 – rest
27/04 – Rome, ITA – Masters 1000

04/05 – rest
11/05 – Madrid, ESP – Masters 1000
18/05 – rest
25/05 – Roland Garros, FRA – GS 2000

Brownie
03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
US States - finished in 3:29. I would have finished in 2:45 if it wasn't for Mississippi. I don't know why I always forget it. The capitals were brutal! I only got 38/50. That was a pretty poor performance. :( I'll take it again later and see if I've retained the ones I missed...
States 2:04, Capitals 3:28 :) I had a 4th grade teacher who pounded them into our heads. I still remember the tricks she taught us to help remember capitals :lol:

That's okay. We can quote Seinfeld together so that's just as good! :D

Yup, we'll always have Seinfeld :lol: He's coming to Maine at some point this spring, so I might go see him live :)

turtle-rn
03-18-2009, 11:55 PM
I hear that you’ve gotten an honorary degree from Cillit Bang! U. And that you’ve graduated with highest honors. That’ll go really well with your moose expert certification. :lol: I hear that moose are considered acid sensitive material.
On second thoughts, I'm not sure anymore the roaches died because of the acidity, they might just have met their fate by drowning (I haven't exactly been parsimonious with the product). Good thing I got roaches and not moose plural in my appartment, or I would have had a hard time getting my degree. haha.

Wow – I’m impressed you’re familiar with Cat Stevens.
I think you're really underestimating Stevens' fame; even my caveman of a roommate knows about him. That said, I'm not that familiar with his music; Lady D'Arbanville aside, I only mostly know his work on Harold and Maude.

I agree that the video doesn’t fit with the song. I’m like Lauren and prefer my own projections to anything that could be depicted in a video. I actually don’t associate the song with romantic love at all (so that’s why the video doesn’t fit for me). That’s probably because I first heard it when I was a child. For me, I associate it more with love in general and also my family. It really pulls at my core and tears well up every time I hear it.
I don't either, not even with love in general. To me, his voice and music in this song are the sound of undefinite melancholy, the joy of being sad as someone put it; something expats might be familiar with.

I’ve actually never seen Harold and Maude nor listened to the soundtrack. I’ll have to get both.
You definitely should, it's an all-time classic. I've probably rewatched the last 15 mn of this movie more than 20 times. It's actually more of an enigma that you haven't seen it yet (even more so considering you're fan of cat Stevens' music) than other forum members knowing about this singer. :p

turtle-rn
03-18-2009, 11:58 PM
GimelSTOP: Congratulations on your impending fatherhood.
Fed: Ah, thank you.
Gimelstob: How's your back been? (blah, blah, blah after Australian open...blah blah blah)

He probaly read that the delivery was expected for mid-summer and did the maths too. ^^

Brownie
03-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Seeing how we're all three actually in our tweens

I'm a tween? :scratch: I thought those were 10-12 year old girls obsessed with boy bands :p

Brownie
03-19-2009, 03:22 AM
Isn't Richard in a boy band? :scratch:
:p yup, pretty much

Oh, sorry - you were mistaken for 13. Teen then. :p
:p

Brownie
03-19-2009, 03:29 AM
Do you think there will be a livestream?!?!?!

Probably not, huh? I will definitely watch if there is one.

P.S. You're welcome to your brain ;)

Brownie
03-19-2009, 03:33 AM
I'm not holding my breath.

Have you seen if there are women's livestreams anywhere? I want to catch some of Dina's match...

Brownie
03-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Oh that's right. I only paid for the guys matches. They are suppose to show something on tv (it will probably end up being Roddick), but they are still showing Celtics postgame coverage.

Brownie
03-19-2009, 03:45 AM
Haha, I know...Maine isn't important at all when it comes to entertainment :p It still might be cool to see him ;)

Are you using love in the Natsume sense of the word (aka I heard it once and kind of liked it?) ;)

Brownie
03-19-2009, 03:49 AM
FSN has been having some serious issues lately. They were showing the Andreev/Ljubicic match instead of Stan and Nole. I was pretty disappointed. I was ready for Stan to be on the big screen.
I'm so used to livestream that I get super excited whenever there's a match on tv that I actually want to watch :lol: It was even more awesome during AO when it was in HD on ESPN2 :D

Brownie
03-19-2009, 03:50 AM
Yes. Of course. I'm using it promiscuously. :p

Thanks, I appreciate it:ras:

Brownie
03-19-2009, 03:56 AM
Kind of a good sign......crossing my fingers

That would make my week too :D Except I should be going to sleep, haha

Brownie
03-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Brownie
03-19-2009, 03:59 AM
I just want to watch doubles :shout:

Brownie
03-19-2009, 04:07 AM
:bigcry::shout::bs::hysteric:

ditto

Nichele Hull
03-19-2009, 11:54 AM
I wanted to watch the doubles as well. Instead I pull an all night thing to watch Nadal and Nalbandian at three in the morning! The result amazedme after I got fed up watching a choke in progress :frown: I feel like an idiot for not going to bed :retard:

Brownie
03-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I wanted to watch the doubles as well. Instead I pull an all night thing to watch Nadal and Nalbandian at three in the morning! The result amazedme after I got fed up watching a choke in progress :frown: I feel like an idiot for not going to bed :retard:
Haha, actually they never played the match! Since Robredo retired from singles (I'm not sure the reason), it was a walkover for Richard/Stan. They are in the semis :D

Nichele Hull
03-19-2009, 01:22 PM
It is funny because I look like I was hit by a bus! Eyes are puffy just like Safin at Hopman cup :lol: Except I don't look good like he did after getting beat up :lol:

Brownie
03-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Just found out why the match hasn't shown up yet on livestream or scoretracker:

Gasquet/Wawrinka d. Gonzalez/Robredo W/O (Robredo - right wrist)
Haha, I just saw your wrote this. I need to get a good night sleep tonight because I'm missing a lot of stuff that's right in front of me :lol:

It is funny because I look like I was hit by a bus! Eyes are puffy just like Safin at Hopman cup :lol: Except I don't look good like he did after getting beat up :lol:
:hug: I know how you feel! I have major dark circles under my eyes from this week :lol:

Nichele Hull
03-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Maybe Gilles needs to play smaller events to regain his confidence then play bigger tournaments. Hes low on belief about his game atm and shouldn't make his confidence even lower. Also go back to his game style because throwing in aggression in this season isn't going to work until he knows how to play that type of game. Maybe I'm wrong to think this and believe it as well

isabelle86
03-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Maybe Gilles needs to play smaller events to regain his confidence then play bigger tournaments. Hes low on belief about his game atm and shouldn't make his confidence even lower. Also go back to his game style because throwing in aggression in this season isn't going to work until he knows how to play that type of game. Maybe I'm wrong to think this and believe it as well

the clay season is very crowded with tournaments and the duration od matches can be 2-3 hours, he could arrive to Roland Garros very tired and I believe Roland Garros is top priority this year for Gillou. I think he has played too much so far this season. I am sad he will not defend his title in Casablanca, I was planning to go there to see him. I believe this is the right moment of the season to try other things in his game and improve his weapons, try to attack more, improve his game at the net, the season since the AO til Montecarlo is not very important. I think he believes he need to improve, his work rate and mental strenght are great and he is very smart.
I am confident in Gillou! :)

Nichele Hull
03-19-2009, 08:34 PM
None of us wants Gillou to burn himself out we just want him to believe in himself like we do in him. I should't be talking for anybody else but thats how I feel. I read that they compared Simon's game to Hingis'. I think its a compliment since she played smart tennis :lol:

turtle-rn
03-19-2009, 09:12 PM
I realize that it does appear I'm underestimating his fame. In actuality, the problem is you're a bit too promiscuous with (the word) love. :p :p
haha. What was that??

I beg to disagree though, I am *not* promiscuous with that word whenever speaking about music or anything else for that matter. I didn't say I was familiar with all his music (actually I stated the opposite) but regarding the songs that I mentionned (the harold and Maude soundtrack from the early seventies), I did listen to it on repeat enough to know that I do love it. :ras:

I certainly don't underestimate his popularity with an over-35 crowd. Seeing how we're all three actually in our tweens - we're all enigmatic.
ABBA broke up before some of us (including me) were born, yet we've talked many times about their songs on here, so what's your point? :shrug:

turtle-rn
03-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Are you using love in the Natsume sense of the word (aka I heard it once and kind of liked it?) ;)
See above you traitor! :ras:

turtle-rn
03-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Now you're giving him way too much credit: reading and math? Please, Natsume.
Yup. I can't help thinking too highly of people. my bad. :p

turtle-rn
03-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Also go back to his game style because throwing in aggression in this season isn't going to work until he knows how to play that type of game. Maybe I'm wrong to think this and believe it as well
I kind of agree with this. Turning his game into an offensive one is probably the right course of action in the long term but at the moment, it looks more like he's kinda forced to go to the net because his baseline game is still lacking in steadiness, variety and agressive tactical scheme. Stenghtening his natural baseline game is what he needs first IMO; he's probably the only top10 player who doesn't have a slice BH, nor ever attempt drop shots..

(besides, when it comes to the technical and tactical aspects of an offensive game, I've a hard time thinking of Tulasne as the coach.. >_<)

Brownie
03-20-2009, 02:16 AM
See above you traitor! :ras:

Sorry Nat :hug:

J'adore.Gilles
03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
hey does anyone here know good french songs? preferable up-beat and pop?

Brownie
03-20-2009, 12:23 PM
I don't know anything about French pop songs, but I learned this song on guitar hero...it's french and upbeat, so maybe what you're looking for :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kAUt3K1pPU

See below you traitor!

Don't you give in too! One of us has to be the strong one :p ;)

:ras:

I totally caved in like a folding chair.
I don't want to be the mean one :sobbing:

port37
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I believe so too :lol: in a jeep, hair in the wind and singing nothing else matteeeeeeers to the top of their lungs :lol:

:rolls: I picture them singing something more like 80's hair metal "I want to rock! ROCK!"

port37
03-20-2009, 03:23 PM
(Now that I'm totally blown away by there being other Cat Stevens fans) Just out of curiosity - does this movie line ring a bell for anyone?

"I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object."

I wouldn't call myself a Cat Stevens fan because I haven't listened to his music in years but my Mum would put Tea for the Tillerman on regularly when I was younger and I really enjoyed it, I'll have to rediscover his music. I remember a few years ago I was talking to my best friend about Cat Stevens (no idea how the topic came up) and we were talking about the fact he changed his name but we couldn't remember what he changed it to so we just said it was "shmush shmush". Of course it is Yusuf Islam that he changed his name to...but I prefer our name :lol:

And I can't believe no one got your quote THIS IS SPINAL TAP! :rocker: A classic! :haha: Gotta put that on my 'to get' dvd list.

btw, I'm watching Stan's match v Querrey (I am that far behind with IW, now it's the weekend I can catch up) and I was thinking of you when they showed him changing his shirt (well ok you weren't my first thought) and love the black Lacoste shirt on him. Not liking the beginning of a handlebar moustache he's rocking though :lol:

port37
03-20-2009, 03:36 PM
I was most certainly born in the wrong decade. I should have been in my early 20’s during the late 70’s. Who knows if I would have made it out alive though… :lol:

:lol: Tell me about it, I was definitely born in the wrong decade, me and my friend talked about this because all our favourite music is either from 60's and 70's or influenced by music of those eras. Making it out alive from the 70's...would you have been cutting it up (originally didn't mean for this to sound like a drug reference but it fits for the 70's) in the disco or rocking out and getting trippy at Zeppelin?!

but-it's-ok
03-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Hey Di :) I was going back through and realized I missed this... Sorry :hug:

I somewhat associate them with being a one hit wonder because this is the only song with which I'm familiar. However, I know they have a few others songs that had some recognition. So, I'm not sure if they fully classify as a OHW. :confused:

Alli:hug: Heavy D & The Boys were not quite one hit wonders,they did have another chart success in UK with This Is Your Night in 1994(reaching No 30),but I never heard that song. Now That We've Found Love reached No 2 in our charts.

I didn't realise they made it so big in the U.S.. They've had many hits in both the rap and R&B charts so I read. So to me they remain a OHW:lol:

I have such a wide taste in music,I love 70s and 80s music,thats what I grew up with. I listened to Abba,Kate Bush,Rainbow,Elton John cos Mum had their records. Then I got into the New Romantic music,electronic synth music of all kinds. I love Jean Michel Jarre and Kraftwerk.

I love dance music, and soft rock. There are very few bands/artists whose music I don't like.

Jenny - if you put Air-French Band in You Tube search engine,or Jean Michel Jarre, you will find some nice French pop;) I love them:hearts: Or even type into a search engine pop songs with French lyrics there are loads,you will find some to suit you;)

ellen_
03-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Di, have you read the news already about that school in Norfolk? :eek:

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/03/20/concordia-student-forum-norfolk.html

turtle-rn
03-20-2009, 09:28 PM
See below you traitor!

Don't you give in too! One of us has to be the strong one :p ;)

:ras:

I totally caved in like a folding chair.
I think I just witnessed another unexpected Cillit Bang side effect! :lol:

btw, I just saw your note on DA but couldn't read it, their servers too have been doing funny things lately. -_-

turtle-rn
03-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Upbeat French bubble-gum music. 1965 mind you but still :hearts:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b46d_zk5CKI&hl=fr&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b46d_zk5CKI&hl=fr&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:p

but-it's-ok
03-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Ellen,yes I have, and thanks for that link, it was nice they recognised that guys role in preventing what could have been a disastrous situation. I am relieved that the threat was taken so seriously, and that the police,school acted so responsibly and urgently. I have friends whose kids go to the school,and they were distressed as I was at the thought of what could have happened,as the boy was outside the school loitering with intent,carrying the knife,matches and the flammable liquid.

That Canadian guy deserves a medal.:hatoff: He could so easily have chosen to:ignore:what he read and indeed he can be proud of the role he played in the arrest of this clearly disturbed young man,from so far away.

Attleborough is a peaceful place,a pleasant market town between Norwich and Thetford with a fair few people who have lived there a long time, a close knit community with businesses that are long established. People are still shocked that something like that could happen in their community,but it will not change the way they go about their daily lives, it will once again unite them and bring them closer together;)

This is how the story was reported by the Eastern Daily Press in Norwich.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED19%20Mar%202009%2008%3A11%3A17%3A970

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 10:04 PM
:lol: Tell me about it, I was definitely born in the wrong decade, me and my friend talked about this because all our favourite music is either from 60's and 70's or influenced by music of those eras. Making it out alive from the 70's...would you have been cutting it up (originally didn't mean for this to sound like a drug reference but it fits for the 70's) in the disco or rocking out and getting trippy at Zeppelin?!

Hi Alyce! I fully agree on this! I should have born in 1950, the pefect year, 18 y.o and the summer of love, 1968, woodstock, great rock, great disco music..the songs I like the most are from the 60's and 70's, 80's pop I was tired of pop in 1992 and only liked rap and r &b. in the last decade I don't even know what coldplay or beyonce sing and there are only small style I like as chill-out for example. it's all the same, since mtv, the videos are "ok" the songs are "horrible".
also being born in 1950, I would have seen all the open era period of tennis.

anaquot
03-20-2009, 10:34 PM

nouvelle vague is fun
and I love coming soon
just go to this site http://www.blogotheque.net/spip.php?page=cae_all&lang=en for some other nice music, too.

MsTree
03-20-2009, 10:46 PM

!!! No one's posted any Daft Punk yet !!!

K0HSD_i2DvA

lH-0s0pRleg

FxzBvqY5PP0

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 10:49 PM
I love Daft punk! one more time and celebrate are classics! I was living in london at the time!

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Lesley, please where's the button to insert videos of youtube, I can not see it! :confused:

but-it's-ok
03-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Around The World,One More Time,Digital Love:hearts: Thank you Lesley:hug: All stunning pieces of music and lyrics.

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 11:02 PM
oh well maybe there's no special button, let's try!!! test
xdvZbKBKsDI
worked!!! :)

MsTree
03-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi Isabelle, I'm Lesley :wavey:
I love Daft Punk too, I had an out-of-body experience when I saw them play live! :D They were fantastic! And they were playing in a tiny Scottish village 10 miles from my house. It just doesn't get any better than that! :)

edit sorry I'm being slow tonight! But you figured out the youtube thing for yourself, well done! :)

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi Isabelle, I'm Lesley :wavey:
I love Daft Punk too, I had an out-of-body experience when I saw them play live! :D They were fantastic! And they were playing in a tiny Scottish village 10 miles from my house. It just doesn't get any better than that! :)

edit sorry I'm being slow tonight! But you figured out the youtube thing for yourself, well done! :)

they are the best, one more time makes me want to dance and have a party all the weekend non stop! it's a great song!!! you have a wonderful taste!:worship: perfect song for a friday night!!:dance:
THANKS!! and you were so LUCKY to see them live in concert!:yippee:

don't worry with the vids! , I am tired tonight, difficult with my english and slow as a turtle with internet things! but it worked! I just quote you and insert the video!:yeah: is there a special button to insert videos from youtube?

J'adore.Gilles
03-20-2009, 11:19 PM
hey thanks for the songs evryone
any current ones?

MsTree
03-20-2009, 11:22 PM
I don't think there's an easy way to post youtube vids, I just copy the last bit of the video link and wrap it in Quote tags (there is a button for that!) then overtype the quote bit with youtube.

And yes I know I was lucky! :) :dance:

but-it's-ok
03-20-2009, 11:23 PM
And that is my favourite Gillou video Isabelle:woohoo: I never tire of seeing that,I love people who can play piano well and play it with such charm and humour too. Gilles:hearts:

Lesley,I had a similar experience when I saw Kraftwerk for the firs time in Sheffield:D Awesome. I would love to see Daft Punk too,its great when bands come to play in smaller venues.

Can anyone remember The Housemartins??? They gigged at a Leisure Centre half an hour from me(Kissingate Leisure Centre) in a little village called Shirebrook back in 1986:lol: Norman Cook was in the band then(better known as Fatboy Slim).

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 11:32 PM
I don't think there's an easy way to post youtube vids, I just copy the last bit of the video link and wrap it in Quote tags (there is a button for that!) then overtype the quote bit with youtube.

And yes I know I was lucky! :) :dance:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :worship::bigclap:

this one is sad after what happened to her! :sad:
but I love the song with the "Jacko medley"

xsRWpK4pf90

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 11:36 PM
And that is my favourite Gillou video Isabelle:woohoo: I never tire of seeing that,I love people who can play piano well and play it with such charm and humour too. Gilles:hearts:

Lesley,I had a similar experience when I saw Kraftwerk for the firs time in Sheffield:D Awesome. I would love to see Daft Punk too,its great when bands come to play in smaller venues.

Can anyone remember The Housemartins??? They gigged at a Leisure Centre half an hour from me(Kissingate Leisure Centre) in a little village called Shirebrook back in 1986:lol: Norman Cook was in the band then(better known as Fatboy Slim).

DI, I felt in love when I watched Gillou playing the piano!! :hearts:unbelievable!! :worship:
post a video please, whatever you want, Kraftwerk, Housemartins !:music: :)

MsTree
03-20-2009, 11:37 PM
They played in a huge tent at Rockness and I was with over 20 000 other people having a spiritual experience too Di, I don't want you to think they played the village hall :lol:

I remember the Housemartins well, London 0 - Hull 4 wasn't it? I've especially loved that title this season :devil: FBS makes some great tunes but tbh I could do a 2 hour mix on my laptop and set it going as I sit on the stage and grin inanely at the crowd, and that's what his gigs have been like!!!
Off on a total tangent now but has anyone ever hear of Erlend Oye? I don't know much about him other than he was in the Kings of Convenience and he does DJ sets where he sings a completely different track over the tunes he's mixing...
And he's covered my favourite Smiths song in the most fabulous and bizarre way...
BHiPpXaoBDw

Scotso
03-21-2009, 02:20 AM
I don't even know whom half the people in here are. :o

MsTree
03-21-2009, 02:42 AM
:wavey: Scotty :)
You're staying away too long then ;)

turtle-rn
03-21-2009, 01:53 PM
So maybe that’s what your roaches experience – a mix of the thrill of contention and subsequent competition :D/:boxing: (bring it ON!! :armed:), grrrr, a dash of guilt, a whole lot of :awww::awww:, and realizing one is greatly outmatched, then desperately trying to retreat...
I think they simply realized they were acid-sensitive material, most probably like you and Lauren did. :p

Ah, don't sweat it. No big deal.
It's ok, I got into my message center.

Although, she does need to figure out something else to do during the instrumental pauses...
Nah, that's the best part. :devil: Even the wig-like hairdo, the wasp garden party gown or the poor lip-synchro can't top that. ^^

but-it's-ok
03-22-2009, 11:30 AM
OK time for me to put up some of my favourite music videos:dance: I love all kinds of music,I have playlists that I make up almost daily to listen to in my car:lol:

Kings of Convenience - I Don't Know What I Can Save You From

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w57y5cBym8g

Kraftwerk - Music Non Stop. This is unbelieveable Live:dance::worship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqeC8WdS9U8

The Housemartins - Happy Hour
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ehden6aPl0

Abba - Tiger from album Arrival
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWQ7wrPyUe0

Jean Michel Jarre - Bells
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWQt4qjMsio

I could go on forever:D

ellen_
03-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh Di :hug: I totally forgot your post here, sorry!

You went to Kraftwerk not so long ago, right? It's not really my music style but I think it's funny :lol: It's so serene but still lively. They meant so much for electronic music :worship:

Except for Kraftwerk is Abba the only group I know from your list :o But I do like it a lot that you don't go for the 'normal' music :yeah: Way too boring :zzz:

I'll put up some of my favourite music too ;)

*Raine
03-23-2009, 12:07 PM

I won't be posting that much here in MTF this week. I want to take a break from tennis, I'll probably watch a game or two, it all depends on my mood :p :angel:. I have to admit I cried last Saturday (about 5 times) thinking about Novak (he is my no. 1 favorite), not mad or upset at him losing to Roddick but because I was worried if something is bothering him:awww::sobbing:. Sure I've seen him play like that before (no emotions on the court) but there's just something about last Saturday that makes it different. I don't know :unsure:. I just hope he can spend time w/ his family and his girlfriend Jelena to clear his mind off some things.

Another reason why I'm not going to post frequently this week is because my dad just got a new job and he'll be far away from us (still in the Philippines but it will be in a town 6 hours away) for the next three months. He'll be leaving on Monday. I want to spend my time w/ him for the remaining days. What's sad is he can't come on my college graduation ceremony in April. *sigh* :sobbing::crying2:

As a parting gift: :haha::worship:
rW6M8D41ZWU

My no. 1 pump song is still Don't Stop The Music by Rihanna, followed by Coldplay's Viva La Vida. :D

As for the old songs: Beat It by Michael Jackson and most of the Earth Wind & Fire and Abba songs. :p

Nope, sorry Raine! I've never been able to get into it. I like Survivor though :lol:

I watched Survivor before but I never got into it. I do like watching Amazing Race and the other game shows like The Price Is Right. As for the tv series I watch Heroes, Battlestar Galactica, 24, Lost, NCIS, CSI, Knight Rider, Stargate SG 1. I want to watch Prison Break, Chuck, Dexter and The Office someday.

Oh, I listened to it after you mentioned it and I really like it :D I, of course, heard the Michael Jackson sampling which is a sample of some other song... And then it just kept reminding me of some other song. I can't quite figure it out though. It's the "I wanna take you away. Let's escape into the music. DJ let it play" part. (Thank goodness I've exercised my brain with Lauren's games. Maybe it'll come to me...) It's something in the realm of Belinda Carlisle, Sade, Bananarama, Madonna La Isla Bonita -> ???? It's going to bug me until I figure it out...

Yes, he wrote that song and was the original performer. It's been 'remade' by lots of other artists since.

You have a very nice range of musical taste ;)

Cool. :D I'm even slower with watching DN than Bleach though... I'm curious about the movies with 'real' actors. I'm sure I'll appreciate the anime series more though.

Sorry, no. I don't watch it. I've watched it twice probably in the years it's been on. I don't watch much tv at all. The only show I regularly watch is Burn Notice - don't know if that has any international exposure though.

Sorry, I'm not familiar either with the song you can't figure it out yet.

Michael Jackson.. I used to like him when I was a kid. I still remember dancing to Thriller. :o

Thanks for complimenting me in my musical taste. I'm open to any genre except rap/hiphop :o. Rock is my favorite genre though.. preferrably alternative rock. My favorite band is Nickelback followed by Queen.

I saw the trailer of the Death Note liveaction, it looks ok. My friend didn't like it though.

Yep, I've seen one episode of Burn Notice here. It's one of my to watch list.

ellen_
03-23-2009, 02:12 PM

I won't be posting that much here in MTF this week. I want to take a break from tennis, I'll probably watch a game or two, it all depends on my mood :p :angel:. I have to admit I cried last Saturday (about 5 times) thinking about Novak (he is my no. 1 favorite), not mad or upset at him losing to Roddick but because I was worried if something is bothering him:awww::sobbing:. Sure I've seen him play like that before (no emotions on the court) but there's just something about last Saturday that makes it different. I don't know :unsure:. I just hope he can spend time w/ his family and his girlfriend Jelena to clear his mind off some things.

Another reason why I'm not going to post frequently this week is because my dad just got a new job and he'll be far away from us (still in the Philippines but it will be in a town 6 hours away) for the next three months. He'll be leaving on Monday. I want to spend my time w/ him for the remaining days. What's sad is he can't come on my college graduation ceremony in April. *sigh* :sobbing::crying2:

:hug: The fact that your father leaves for quite a long time is what probably caused that you cried for Nole, I think :awww: He'll be fine, don't worry and don't think about that too much. Just spend some quality time with your dad now. Take care, Raine :smooch:

*Raine
03-23-2009, 04:35 PM
:hug: The fact that your father leaves for quite a long time is what probably caused that you cried for Nole, I think :awww: He'll be fine, don't worry and don't think about that too much. Just spend some quality time with your dad now. Take care, Raine :smooch:

Uhm.. no.. my tears were for Nole. It wasn't the first time I cried for him. As for my dad, I know I'll cry the on the day he leaves. But I'm 100% percent sure last Saturday it was for Nole.

See you all in a week or two. :D

but-it's-ok
03-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Ellen I'm glad you appreciate Kraftwerk even if its not your style:awww::hug: Yeah the last time I saw them they were playing in a huge tent in hospital grounds in Kilmainham,Dublin - the only event I've been to there so far:lol: I'm hoping to see them again this year,they're in a few festivals this summer,one in Isle of Wight in September which I'm interested in going to. Massive Attack are there too.

I'm looking forward to your choices Ellen;) I know some of your choices will be rock,which is fine by me;) I could turn this thread into a music appreciation thread quite easily:lol:

Raine:awww: Take care sweetie:hug: Look forward to seeing you back here soon;)

anaquot
03-23-2009, 11:32 PM
My ultimate get up and go music...

dufus
k0O9W-KHpLE

the wombats
ReEy6vxM_GQ

herman dune
_miHFxG1yuQ&feature=channel
_1F1ZsWbFAM&feature=channel

but you see, I grew up on a mix of Frank Zappa and The Muppet Show :)

ellen_
03-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Since Di is curious about my choices, I'll hurry. Rock, indeed :music:

First of all, I'm a big fan of Rammstein :worship:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfHlA3fmJG0 BEST EVER

Muse - Hysteria :dance: I could listen to it for days!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiUx0WdBdyA

Metallica! :hearts: This song is just fabulous. I think that's their best, but "The day that never comes" and "Enter sandman" are GREAT aswell!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSNJ00iAZ7I

AC/DC :worship: "Whole lotta Rosie" is so fantastic. All their songs rock though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsFIftPcvIs

Red Hot Chili Peppers :banana: Every song from them is good but this one the best!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4db3jpN_U4

The Prodigy! :bounce: I saw them at the festival in my city last year and they rocked! Omen is their best song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d398AVbwW2E

I like dance music too. Groups like "Love Inc." and "H20" are the best. They are a bit retro but fantastic.
This one is one of my favourites. Divine Inspiration - The way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKS2XfsyqiE

A great song from Love Inc. is Superstar :worship: I like to listen to it because of the lyric too (after another Ernie-loss for example :o)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_zLBsRYD8w

I also listen to music like from Lady Gaga, Polarkeis (Allein allein :hearts:), regular RnB stuff, good pop music,... everything with some rythm.

Just like Di, I could go on for days :p Hope you like it ;)

*Raine
03-24-2009, 04:58 PM
:wavey: Just posting here while I have the time.

I'll follow what Ellen and some of you did. I've already posted my favorite musicians but I thought maybe I should post links to videos of my favorite songs.

My favorite is alternative rock but I'm open to other genre except rap/hip hop. And yes, I like music from the 60's, 70's and 80's too. :D

Bands/artists I like: Nickelback, Queen, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, U2, Coldplay, Evanescence, Hootie and the Blowfish, The Cranberries, No Doubt, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Oasis, Third Eye Blind, Three Doors Down, Three Days Grace, Daughtry, David Cook, Incubus, Jars Of Clay, Sonic Flood, Staind, Seether, Ryan Star, Shinedown, Wolfmother, Breaking Benjamin, Default, Boyz 2 Men, Stevie Wonder, The Temptations, Carpenters, Beatles, Spiral Staircase, Abba, Beach Boys, Michael Jackson, Earth Wind and Fire, The Letter Men.

Songs I want to share:

Nickelback -I've always loved this band, as I've mentioned they are my no. 1. They have been my favorite ever since I heard their songs. I like Chad's husky voice.
1.Burn It To The Ground (This is from their new album - Dark Horse) :rocker2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RRxHSCW_Iw
2. Savin' Me -Love the video and the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UFR3ww00zM

Queen- My second favorite band. For me Freddie Mercury is the best vocalist ever.
1. Bohemian Rhapsody -Freddie owns all of the copycats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp8CNj9qBI
2. We Are The Champions- My favorite song to listen to when my favorite wins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sogKUx_q7ig

Daughtry- The vocalist, Chris Daughtry was my favorite contestant on American Idol season 4. :D
1. Home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUFhfp46zc
2. What About Now -always makes me shed a tear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy71D3p-yHc

Coldplay - Props for these guys for making good music all through the years.1. Viva La Vida - I can never get enough of this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE

David Cook - My favorite American Idol last year. He also won. This guy's vocals is just awesome. :worship:

1. Billie Jean - He got this version from Chris Cornell. But IMO, he sang it way better. Best song on the show that he sang for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpX-kndqHnE

2. Hello - He also sang this song on the show, great version of Lionel's Hello. This was also the first time I had a crush on him. :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxVzkZLzoLU
2. Bar-ba-sol - From his album. This screams sexy. :angel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLK6nIZMNBA

Breaking Benjamin - Nothing much to add really, just plain awesome.
1. Breath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3qJmgktS0
2.Diary of Jane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTafQnXY5vY
3.So Cold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTiGlNDnOtE

Seether - The vocals of the lead guy reminds me of Jonathan Davis.
1. Remedy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZENfHdnZ8M

Evanescence- Amy's voice ftw! The high notes :worship:.
1. Torniquet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-FcJGT5YLo

Shinedown
1. 45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O29UGfWReY

gambit84
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Sigur Ros :inlove:

buh!

but-it's-ok
03-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Some great choices,thanks everyone:hug::hug:

I'm going to try and list my favourite groups and artists - groups Kraftwerk,Jean Michel Jarre,Air,Daft Punk,Erasure,Ultravox,Housemartins,OMD,Pet Shop Boys,Human League,10cc,ELO,Abba,Fleetwood Mac,Beatles,Bee Gees,Iron Maiden,Asia,Prata Vetra,Queen,The Killers,Take That,Kings of Convenience,Muse,Love Inc,2Unlimited,The Chemical Brothers,Apollo 440,The Prodigy,Dario G,Utah Saints,Split Enz,Crowded House.

My favourite solo artists Barbara Dickson,Olivia Newton John,Carly Simon,Amy Whitehouse,Dido,Enya,Madonna,Kate Bush,Kylie,Tina Turner,Mariah Carey.
Art Garfunkel,Daughtry,Eric Clapton,Elton John,Robbie Williams,Michael Jackson,William Orbit,Vangelis. Finally old crooners Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole:D

Main Genres:Pop,Electronica,Chill Out Music,Dance,Rave,Soft Rock,Rock,Easy listening. I'm mainly into 70s and 80s music,but

*Raine
03-29-2009, 03:22 PM
:wavey: Everyone.. I'm alive.

Remember what I posted here last week..that I'm going to spend time with my dad? He's leaving on Tuesday. :crying2::crying2:

He's on a 3 month contract with the company. So he'll be there (in a town 6 hours away from where we live) for 6 weeks and then in the two weeks off, he'll come home here. After that he'll go back there again. The company will make it a one year contract after the 3 month contract depending on his performance. :)

So now it's just me and my mom here. My sister is in Australia, brother in the US. And now my dad is away from us too. I'm not good in handling this situation of being separated from the people I love. I cried for four times today.:sad::sad::sad:

I hope my favorites are doing well in Miami, especially Nole. I have no idea what's happening to the tennis world right now. :o

Good luck to Gilles. :D

port37
03-30-2009, 04:22 AM
Hi Raine,

That is sad that your family is all over the place at the moment but at least you and your Mum have each other. Listen to lots of your favourite music to cheer yourself up when you're feeling down :hug: