The in bed with Nole thread:-)) (part 1) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The in bed with Nole thread:-)) (part 1)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

~Maya~
10-30-2008, 09:38 PM
:worship:
As for the three S's, I hate the first, I am out of the second (for good), and life is a beauty for the third

kalisita
10-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Very nice. While I guess it's still weird that there are two separate chat threads (I guess 3 now!), it's nice to have one here started by a fan. It was always odd that a haters thread got converted to a chat thread. I don't post that often in either chat thread, but I generally posted in the one here more than in the regular forum, and the change is fine by me. :yeah:

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Evening all

Just fresh from a sadly predictable performance by Monfils but 3 beers to the good so reasonably re-perked. A little gap before Tomas so what better time for a chat.

neenah
10-30-2008, 09:48 PM
:wavey:

Might I ask...what are the three S's? :scratch: I guess I haven't been on MTF enough lately to keep up.

*Ljubica*
10-30-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm glad you guys approve - I was kind of scared I would open the thread and no-one would come over :tape: I'm not sure the "Novak" thread was ever meant to be a Chat thread - Raquel just posted in it one day and it kind of developed from there............ But hopefully this one can grow and develop, and, once we're used to it, I'll change the thread title, as I don't much like using the word "hater" in it - too much negativity!

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Shopping, school and self-pity. An arrogant statement made by me in a moment of pique. No personal insults intended and the last is acceptable in extremis, and when in need of moral support :hug: but please let us avoid self-indulgent, self-important whinging.

And snow? Rosie - you're not in Ottery St Mary are you?

*Ljubica*
10-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Shopping, school and self-pity. An arrogant statement made by me in a moment of pique. No personal insults intended and the last is acceptable in extremis, and when in need of moral support :hug: but please let us avoid self-indulgent, self-important whinging.

Would we whinge? :awww: Honestly :p

Edit: And no - I'm not in Ottery, and - in fact - all our snow is gone now :sad: I just hadn't got around to changing the profile comment......... I'll have to do that next.

And as for the 3 S's - can I just mention shopping here once :tape: ..........as this is the new advert that Nole has done in Serbia - it's kind of cute - but it does involve shopping! Thanks to Tanja for posting it http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W0JSl3L2J4c

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 10:14 PM
General whinging is fine - we thrive on it :devil: and this wouldn't be an internet forum without it.

I refer to the self-indulgent type. 'Nobody loves me', 'But I'm special', 'The world's against me' - you get the picture. Very tedious unless used ironically.

And any shopping done by, or featuring Nole, whether as purchaser or commodity, of course is always desirable.

Now, did I tell you about my new table and chairs from John Lewis?

*Ljubica*
10-30-2008, 10:19 PM
General whinging is fine - we thrive on it :devil: and this wouldn't be an internet forum without it.

I refer to the self-indulgent type. 'Nobody loves me', 'But I'm special', 'The world's against me' - you get the picture. Very tedious unless used ironically.

And any shopping done by, or featuring Nole, whether as purchaser or commodity, of course is always desirable.

Now, did I tell you about my new table and chairs from John Lewis?

:lol: Yes indeed you did! Though I didn't know they came from John Lewis! Good choice - and must admit that most of my house comes from John Lewis, - mainly because one of my best friends from School works there (she's one of their kitchen designers),and can get me a nice staff discount :o

Anyway - I think it's about time I went to watch Thomas for a while, before I have a bath and collapse into my bed. So glad we managed to get this thread off the ground, - and catch up tomorrow I'm sure :)

PS: But I AM special................. :tape:

Til tomorrow :kiss:

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 10:23 PM
John Lewis rules here too.

No Tomas! Sky are repeating Andy's match.

Night night.

And btw - where's Misha?

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 06:55 AM
John Lewis rules here too.

No Tomas! Sky are repeating Andy's match.

Night night.

And btw - where's Misha?

Sky :rolleyes: I was so p***** off when I realised that! As for Misha :shrug: - found some new women I expect :angel: But as long as we have Nole to comfort us, I'm sure we will survive! OK - time for work - later :wavey:

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Morning

WAH today in expectation of good QF matches. Shame about the notable absentee - it's becoming a case of catch him early in a tournament or miss him. At least we're guaranteed minimum 3 matches exposure in Shanghai.

In general, numbers will dwindle sadly here I fear. The Murray forum is probably receiving a higher footfall right now. I like Andy but have no particular wish to talk about him. You really need the right buttons to be pressed :D: for prolonged discussion.

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Morning

WAH today in expectation of good QF matches. Shame about the notable absentee - it's becoming a case of catch him early in a tournament or miss him. At least we're guaranteed minimum 3 matches exposure in Shanghai.

In general, numbers will dwindle sadly here I fear. The Murray forum is probably receiving a higher footfall right now. I like Andy but have no particular wish to talk about him. You really need the right buttons to be pressed :D: for prolonged discussion.

:rolls:
He has to go out on that court at least three times. Unless he pulls W/O on us.

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 01:59 PM
MTF is so slow for me this morning. Even smilies are in slow motion. Does anybody have this problem? My computer has been acting up recently.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 02:02 PM
:wavey: It's been slow for the past few days here. Raine's bananas were totally static earlier this week - oddly disturbing.

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Bananas never worked for me:shrug:, so I stopped using them. I just noticed that bad gambler put a huge amount of vcash on Nalbandian. Looking forward to a good match.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Yep -this one looks intriguing already.

Must say it is more restful when Nole isn't playing - can enjoy the matches without that unpleasant churning in the pit of the stomach.

Running:Free
10-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Love some of the plays in this match :yeah:

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Slicing, dicing

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Nalby's passing shot :worship:

Murray 42% 1st serves in

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Federer pulled out
Stiff back

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Agree - joy to watch this, even though it's not going my way. Nalby has lost his place at the top of my dislike list. No prizes for guessing who's replaced him.

Roger :banghead: am really sorry about your back but drat, drat and double drat.

:armed: Andy - you have simply got to beat Tsonga tonight, otherwise he'll get to the final.

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Roger knows what he's doing. I don't think it is coincidence he never reached finals in this one

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Yes - spot on probably.

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Bad Gambler knows his stuff
Congratulations Nalbandian

kalisita
10-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Agree - joy to watch this, even though it's not going my way. Nalby has lost his place at the top of my dislike list. No prizes for guessing who's replaced him.

Roger :banghead: am really sorry about your back but drat, drat and double drat.

:armed: Andy - you have simply got to beat Tsonga tonight, otherwise he'll get to the final.

That sucks! Stupid Roger! (I'm kind of assuming that this was a little bit planned.) I really wanted Simon to go to Shanghai. I like how unassuming he is and it would probably be a career highlight for him. If Tsonga beats Roddick tonight he'll put Simon out of contention simply by assuring that either he or Blake will be in the final. But, I guess it was beginning to look dire for Simon anyway since Nalbandian/Tsonga/Blake are all still active.

10-31-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm thinking Roger's w/d was indeed somewhat planned. This was his third week playing in a row, no? And after Nole's early loss, it seems like the smart move.

Kolya :rocker2:

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Somebody on GM saying that this is Fed's first w/o/ret ever

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Agree re Simon and Shanghai - he's been growing on me too.

The infant thread is doing nicely - Rosie will be pleased. Now we need to find a decent name - any suitably oblique suggestions folks?

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Nadal is fighting like a lion to get a break back

10-31-2008, 04:58 PM
You think so? He looks very subdued compared to his usual self. Maybe he's missing Rogi and Noley and would like to join them :awww: ;)

About to get double-broken. And there it is.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Rafa looking a bit toothless.

Oh dear. Dropping fly-like today.

Not often we get to see Rafa's thigh:D

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Well, it went to deuce #5 :lol:
Trainer for Nadal

kalisita
10-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Somebody on GM saying that this is Fed's first w/o/ret ever

I know he's never retired in a match. He and Blake are the only top players never to have done so. I don't remember him ever giving a w/o, but I don't know about over the course of his entire career.

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 05:02 PM
I know he's never retired in a match. He and Blake are the only top players never to have done so. I don't remember him ever giving a w/o, but I don't know about over the course of his entire career.

That is a pretty good record

kalisita
10-31-2008, 05:03 PM
You think so? He looks very subdued compared to his usual self. Maybe he's missing Rogi and Noley and would like to join them :awww: ;)

About to get double-broken. And there it is.

Nadal's been playing crappy by his standards since Madrid. He finally ran into someone who made him pay for it. He usually does burn out by the end of the season. I guess it just took longer to set in this season.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 05:15 PM
There's a surprise.

But seriously, Rafa sweetie - please be OK for the DC.

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 05:16 PM
It was too much, even for Nadal. Wow, what a day

10-31-2008, 05:22 PM
TMC looks like such a bright prospect :rolls:

-Rafa tired, hurting, and possibly burnt out.
-Fed injured, status possibly unknown.
-Nole: Well, we all know that story :lol:
-Andy most probably tired from a long summer, sore knee.
-JMDP/Simon/Blake/JWT all on stand-by, status definitely unknown :rolls:

Winner - Davy/Nalby :banana:

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Good evening lovely people - wow - you've been busy! Sorry I couldn't get here earlier - couldn't access from work because I was too busy :spit: Then just as I got home, Frodo decided to present me with a cute little field mouse that needed rescuing and taking to the woods :rolleyes: Ever tried to chase a lively fieldmouse around your house and catch it in order to save it's life? Exactly - took me a couple of hours with all the :cat: family howling outside to be let in :o I'm exhausted now.

Seems like I missed some interesting tennis - of course I'm glad RN is gone, though even I'm not bitchy enough to wish any injury on him, and I hope he recovers.

And - yes - any name ideas for this thread would be greatly appreciated!

kalisita
10-31-2008, 06:35 PM
That is a pretty good record

I listened to part of Fed's presser and he said that this is the first time he's withdrawn during a tournament so this is the first walkover he's ever given. A fantastic record.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Evening :wavey:

Tonight I abandon Europe and God bless America :bigclap:

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 08:30 PM
OMG what a bad call. :cuckoo:

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 08:32 PM
WTH Roddick?
Getting all jittery out there

kalisita
10-31-2008, 08:39 PM
WTH Roddick?
Getting all jittery out there

One bad service game. :(

neenah
10-31-2008, 08:40 PM
This might be my last post here for a week or so...I'm going out with my friends tonight, then tomorrow I am taking an SAT II test, then going straight to work until 5, and then at 5am on Sunday I'm leaving for the Dominican Republic! :D It's my third year going with a group my mom organized, and it's the group's fifth year. We bring school supplies, clothes, and medical supplies to schools and towns, and it's a great experience. :) I'm really excited!

Anyway, I probably won't have enough free time to come back here, so I'll talk to you all in over a week! Unless I check the tennis news while I'm away. :p :wavey: :hug:

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 08:41 PM
That is all Tsonga needs unfortunately. I hope he returns the favor here

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Hold now Andy

kalisita
10-31-2008, 08:45 PM
That is all Tsonga needs unfortunately. I hope he returns the favor here

:yeah: Now, serve this set out Andy! :)

kalisita
10-31-2008, 08:46 PM
This might be my last post here for a week or so...I'm going out with my friends tonight, then tomorrow I am taking an SAT II test, then going straight to work until 5, and then at 5am on Sunday I'm leaving for the Dominican Republic! :D It's my third year going with a group my mom organized, and it's the group's fifth year. We bring school supplies, clothes, and medical supplies to schools and towns, and it's a great experience. :) I'm really excited!

Anyway, I probably won't have enough free time to come back here, so I'll talk to you all in over a week! Unless I check the tennis news while I'm away. :p :wavey: :hug:

Hope you have a nice trip. That't a very nice thing you're involved with. :)

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 08:46 PM
wow. This is awful

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Got lucky here
Hi Neenah :wavey:
Have a nice trip

kalisita
10-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Alright Andy! :) One more to go. Keep Gilles hopes alive and put up you're best Paris showing!

kalisita
10-31-2008, 08:52 PM
wow. This is awful

Oh, it has had its moments.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Come on Andy!!!!! Don't be put off by the French!

And :wavey: Neenah

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 08:59 PM
I just saw on CNN how people getting manicure done, putting the faces of the election candidates on their nails :rolls:
Sorry for being off topic
C'mon Roddick

kalisita
10-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Nice volleys there from both. :yeah:

I'm impressed with how well Andy is moving. He's also put Tsonga under constant pressure in his service games, where as Andy only had that one bad service game and a little problem on another.

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 09:04 PM

Nina :wavey: Have a safe and wonderful trip. It's a really good thing that you and your Mum are doing for the kids - hope it all works out well :hug:

Come on Andy :rocker:

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 09:04 PM
:rolls: Weird - why would you get up and do that. Am heartily sick of the election.

OT is compulsory!

Pleasantly anti-Tsonga here tonight :D

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Pleasantly anti-Tsonga here tonight :D

Are you surprised? :p If anything I am more anti-French-crowd. than anti Tsonga, - I want sometome to shut them up, - and Roddick is as good a man as any other for the job :D

Oh - they're booing again :rolleyes:

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Are you surprised? :p If anything I am more anti-French-crowd. than anti Tsonga, - I want sometome to shut them up, - and Roddick is as good a man as any other for the job :D

Oh - they're booing again :rolleyes:

I personally think that the crowd in NY was worse but it was a bigger crowd too

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 09:13 PM
No - you and all here are of course of unquestionable discernment but it's nice nonetheless. Usually feel I am the only anti-Tsonga-ite (suitable noun sought desperately) in the village.

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 09:16 PM
I personally think that the crowd in NY was worse but it was a bigger crowd too

The crowd in NY were a load of idiots too - I agree, - but I've probably spent too many years watching tennis in France to have anything but disdain for the French crowd :spit: Supporting anyone playing a French player at RG or Bercy is a test of the nerves I can tell you :lol:

No - you and all here are of course of unquestionable discernment but it's nice nonetheless. Usually feel I am the only anti-Tsonga-ite (suitable noun sought desperately) in the village.

How about Tsongette? :angel:

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 09:17 PM
He doesn't play often enough or consistent enough to have many haters. I am not crazy about him since AO

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 09:19 PM
May I throw in the Italians at the FI in the early 90s? Hurling coins and insults...

Tsongette - any 'ette' implies a degree of affection - I want something cruel and harsh:devil:

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 09:20 PM
He doesn't play often enough or consistent enough to have many haters. I am not crazy about him since USO

He's just too "in-your-face" for me........ I hate all this dancing about and revving up the crowd and chest thumping :spit: Once or twice at very important moments is OK in the emotion of the moment, - but people like Tsonga and Monfils do it all the time, - and it just appears irritating and (dare I say) "fake" :o to me!

kalisita
10-31-2008, 09:24 PM
He's just too "in-your-face" for me........ I hate all this dancing about and revving up the crowd and chest thumping :spit: Once or twice at very important moments is OK in the emotion of the moment, - but people like Tsonga and Monfils do it all the time, - and it just appears irritating and (dare I say) "fake" :o to me!

And when things don't go his way he tends to get mopey. He's either too up or too down.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 09:25 PM
He doesn't play often enough or consistent enough to have many haters. I am not crazy about him since USO

That's good enough - you're ripe for conversion then :devil:

Irrational dislike is just fine people - no need to justify yourselves.:D

Andy - you are so going to regret all these break points :banghead:

kalisita
10-31-2008, 09:26 PM
I think Roddick is like 2/15 on BPs. :o And now 2 overhits in a row.

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 09:28 PM
May I throw in the Italians at the FI in the early 90s? Hurling coins and insults...

Tsongette - any 'ette' implies a degree of affection - I want something cruel and harsh:devil:

Ah - yes - the Italians :rolleyes: They're vile too - and don't get me started on Chileans and Argentines :devil:

Cruel and harsh - hmmmm - I'll have to give it some more thought then:)

kalisita
10-31-2008, 09:34 PM

I'm beginning to fear you may be right. Roddick is serving better than Tsonga, returning better, has won more points, is dictating play better, putting Tsonga under constant pressure. But, if this goes 3 anything can happen.

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Break him :mad: already

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 09:37 PM
Bad news people. Bad Gambler has money on Tsonga

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Bad news people. Bad Gambler has money on Tsonga

:unsure: Now that does scare me - he's almost always right!

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 09:40 PM
That's good enough - you're ripe for conversion then :devil:

Irrational dislike is just fine people - no need to justify yourselves.:D

I meant AO not USO. I don't know what I am talking about

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 09:41 PM
:banghead: Bastard

kalisita
10-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Oh, shit! :mad: Going 3, with Tsonga serving first again. Don't have a good feeling. I think Andy lost the last two 3 setters he played, Monfils in Madrid and Berdych in Tokyo.

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 09:43 PM
Damn:mad:

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 09:44 PM
A Nalby-Tsonga final rears its spectral head. Not only is Nole self-destructing but we are clearly to be punished.

Sport has gone really pear-shaped this week, what with Arsenal's result. Chez Herdwick is not a happy house.

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 09:47 PM
A Nalby-Tsonga final rears its spectral head. Not only is Nole self-destructing but we are clearly to be punished.

Sport has gone really pear-shaped this week, what with Arsenal's result. Chez Herdwick is not a happy house.

:help: Better quickly find a prior engagement for Sunday afternoon to keep our minds off the inevitable. I'm for Davydenko anyway :)

10-31-2008, 09:48 PM
:banghead: Bastard

Oh, shit! :mad:

Damn:mad:

:haha: :spit:

This match is driving me insane :sobbing:

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 09:53 PM
:woohoo: A break! Way to go Andy - now FOCUS :rocker:

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 09:53 PM
One interesting thing about Tsonga, You never know where the game is going, until the last point is played. You would think that somebody who almost lost from Stepanek, would be easy beaten by Djokovic or Roddick. But nooooooooooo

Edit: Andy broke :yeah:

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :bounce:

What was I saying about this being a stress free match! :rolls:

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Where are those Killer serves? Where?

Oh noes.

*Ljubica*
Andy :banghead: What a fool you are :spit: How could you lose your serve? And why the hell ddn't you challenge that last point? :eek:

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Marshmallow head :banghead:

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Marshmallow head :banghead:

:awww: Now that WAS cruel - poor Andy :sad:

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Oooooh look - your favourite!

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Oooooh look - your favourite!

:nerner: :lol:

Will Andy hold his nerve, or melt like snow in the sunshine? :awww:

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Well he's got the experience, heaven knows, and surely if Tsonga starts to feel the crowd a bit...

That beard is really annoying me - looks like your cat's been at it.

Do love that Trainline advert...

kalisita
10-31-2008, 10:13 PM
:nerner: :lol:

Will Andy hold his nerve, or melt like snow in the sunshine? :awww:

I think melt I'm afraid. Looks like easy hold here, but if Tsonga holds then Andy has to hold to stay in the match. Pretty much any time he's had to hold he's failed. So, needs to break here.

I saw the end of the second and then had to leave. Just started watching again. Andy looks demoralized slightly.

10-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Andy looked officially de-moraled after that dropshot :tape:

kalisita
10-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Alrighty. Now, HOLD Andy. Keep your nerves and your first serves in.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 10:19 PM
This is bad. He's got one left....

10-31-2008, 10:20 PM
:rolls: at this situation.

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 10:21 PM
Well he's got the experience, heaven knows, and surely if Tsonga starts to feel the crowd a bit...

That beard is really annoying me - looks like your cat's been at it.

Do love that Trainline advert...

My cats have far better taste :)

And what the f*** is all this going on now? :rolleyes: I'm sure Andy has one more challenge left :shrug:

kalisita
10-31-2008, 10:21 PM
This is bad. He's got one left....

The challenge system has so many problems. (I personally don't think it's right to have a limit. But, that's just my opinion) And WTF is up with the guy arguing with the Ump. Isn't he in charge of the match?

And Andy does has 1 left.

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 10:22 PM
This is so bad.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 10:22 PM
:fiery: Poor Andy - this is outrageous. Give him the challenge!

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 10:23 PM
I feel really sorry for Lahyani as well as the players :shrug:

10-31-2008, 10:24 PM

He's being a sweetheart :hug:

A-Rod still has 1 challenge remaining :rolls:

Huge momentum shift? I think so.

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 10:27 PM
I have a feeling like French are trying to rob him here.

kalisita
10-31-2008, 10:27 PM

Absolutely. That was not the fault of anybody on the court. Whoever the hell runs the challenge system was completely out of line. They should find and punish him. :devil:

10-31-2008, 10:28 PM
No more challenges left for Andy :(

40-40, 5-5. Crunch time.

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 10:28 PM
He's being a sweetheart :hug:

A-Rod still has 1 challenge remaining :rolls:

Huge momentum shift? I think so.

He's just used it up :tape: The whole thing is ludicrous - and am I the only person here who's kind of glad it's Roddick out there and not Nole :awww: I couldn't stand the stress otherwise.

kalisita
10-31-2008, 10:36 PM
TB. Glad Roddick forced the TB regardless of the outcome.

Down a mini.

10-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Andy's loosing the plot.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 10:38 PM
This is like watching Nole :banghead:

kalisita
10-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Andy's loosing the plot.

I thought he lost it in the 2nd.

Oh, my. Got the mini back and gave it away with a huge misshit. :o

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Oh f*** :sad: :spit:

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 10:40 PM
God - Tsonga's repulsive.

10-31-2008, 10:41 PM
Even Mo is getting it from the crowd now, for calling let :rolls:

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 10:41 PM
God - Tsonga's repulsive.

:hug: Close your eyes when he celebrates the match :tape:

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 10:43 PM
TV goes off as soon as last point is hit.:shrug:

Poor Andy - the bullring and now this.

kalisita
10-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Oh, crap. I knew it as soon as it went to a 3rd, since that should not have happened. I'm actually surprised Andy got to a TB.

Alright. Simon out, but Tsonga still not in yet. Come on Blake! (And now it's actually conceivable that Del Potro may be out as well.)

God. Commentators making me sick. So much hype around Tsonga.

*Ljubica*
10-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Indeed - very tough for him - and I hate that crowd more and more each time I see/hear them :spit: And I guess tomorrow night we are joining the J-Block? :angel:

Anyway - I am off to have my bath now, - speak to you all tomorrow I expect - goodnight :kiss:

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Is there a more poignant phrase than 'Come on Blake' :sad:

Come on Nalby, Davy, James, Genghis Khan, Attila the Hun - in short anyone but Tsonga.

10-31-2008, 10:49 PM
I cannot cheer for Blake :sobbing: And I've gone off of Jo now.

Davy/Nalby better win this :armed:

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 10:53 PM
I cannot cheer for Blake :sobbing: And I've gone off of Jo now.

Davy/Nalby better win this :armed:

Another convert :kiss:

Agree - Nalby/Davy is the best bet now. That the day should have come when I must cheer for the his plumpness from the pampas...

Night Rosie - have fun in the bath.

kalisita
10-31-2008, 10:55 PM
What a depressing tournament this turned out to be. Nole's continued problems. Fed, Nadal having problems. Murray gone. Tsonga. Putting hope in James Blake. :eek: Oh, my.

Though, I guess it's fitting in a way. Paris traditionally has a surprise winner. It certainly will this year. The season ends at the USO really, with the MC as a year end bonus.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Sorry James - have nothing against you really but you do pretty much epitomise forlorn hope.

Depressingly true - we thought of going to Paris - so glad we didn't.

kalisita
10-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Sorry James - have nothing against you really but you do pretty much epitomise forlorn hope.

That's pretty much the truth. Though, there have been a couple times he's surprised me this year, specifically against Mathieu in DC. So maybe tomorrow will be another surprise.

10-31-2008, 11:10 PM
That's pretty much the truth. Though, there have been a couple times he's surprised me this year, specifically against Mathieu in DC. So maybe tomorrow will be another surprise.

Doesn't help that I was cheering for PHM there :(

Nole, make this easier for everyone. Win TMC ;) :sobbing:

~Maya~
10-31-2008, 11:17 PM
I think that James doesn't have a chance. Have they ever met before?

kalisita
10-31-2008, 11:27 PM
I think that James doesn't have a chance. Have they ever met before?

Nope.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Well in mitigation, we must bring up the Olympics I suppose.

But tomorrow it's RIP James I fear.

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Good morning - and Vamos Blake :rocker:

Sadly I also fear, he'll be annihilated by JWT, so tomorrow's final will almost certainly be Herdwick's utmost fantasy..........bring it on...........

His Plumpness from the Pampas v JWT :bolt:

Mind you - I think His Plumpness has more chance of stopping the horrid Frechman from winning the title than Davydenko has :rolleyes: That nasty crowd will just spur Fat Dahveed on if they start on him tomorrow - he excels in Davis Cup and other pressure situations.

Herdwick
11-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Morning all

Poor James - votes of confidence all round; no wonder he appears to lack self-belief. That Paris crowd will eat him up and spit him out though even if JWT doesn't.

The saving grace of HPFTP is that he does know how to enjoy life so probably appreciates his beer as well :bigclap:. As we have decided to go down the pub rather than watch the semis today I will have a pint or two in his honour. Am actually much fonder of Davy but agree he would not be such a good bet against Tsonga.

Happy Saturdays all round I trust...

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Morning all

Poor James - votes of confidence all round; no wonder he appears to lack self-belief. That Paris crowd will eat him up and spit him out though even if JWT doesn't.

The saving grace of HPFTP is that he does know how to enjoy life so probably appreciates his beer as well :bigclap:. As we have decided to go down the pub rather than watch the semis today I will have a pint or two in his honour. Am actually much fonder of Davy but agree he would not be such a good bet against Tsonga.

Happy Saturdays all round I trust...

Take it from a woman who knows - he sure does like a beer or two ;) Enjoy your lunch - I will watch tennis in between washing, ironing, and other thrilling chores :rolleyes: Alex is at work til 3.00pm so best make use of the time uninterrupted.

Later :wavey:

kalisita
11-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Is anyone watching today? I just woke up a little bit ago and it seems like Nalbandian is well on his way to putting a beatdown on Davydenko. I would've picked Nalbandian to win, but not this way. I also would've picked him to win the tournament, but I also have a hard time thinking he'll come through. But, he's doing well so far.

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Nalby is cruising. Poor Davydenko :o

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Davy's doing better in the second set :) I'm kind of watching, but have housework to do :rolleyes: and am also preparing dinner, so my tennis watching and posting on here is somewhat intermittant.

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Nalby won. Davydenko relaxed in the second set but had some bad games in the third. Too many UE's
Nalby wasn't his best. We might see Tsonga winning the whole thing. :tape:

njnetswill
11-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Why can Nalbandian only play well the last few weeks of the season, and lose to complete nobodies every other tournament for 9 months? :o

Nalbandian vs Hewitt Wimbledon final was the first ever tennis match I watched on TV. :lol:

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Why can Nalbandian only play well the last few weeks of the season, and lose to complete nobodies every other tournament for 9 months? :o

Nalbandian vs Hewitt Wimbledon final was the first ever tennis match I watched on TV. :lol:

He has been playing good recently only indoors. Maybe sun started bothering him :lol:

I am watching Blake and his tiny little legs carrying that big butt of his. Serena has bigger legs than him

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 05:09 PM
He has been playing good recently only indoors. Maybe sun started bothering him :lol:

I am watching Blake and his tiny little legs carrying that big butt of his. Serena has bigger legs than him

:lol: Very mean - but very true. I saw Blake a few times in the Hotel Bar in Paris this week, - and even wearing "normal" street clothes (jeans, shirt etc), and not shorts, he really is an extremely strange shape :help:

And I see JWT is doing his best to give our Herdwick a happy weekend :devil: What a dream final for her!

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 05:19 PM
:lol: Very mean - but very true. I saw Blake a few times in the Hotel Bar in Paris this week, - and even wearing "normal" street clothes (jeans, shirt etc), and not shorts, he really is an extremely strange shape :help:

And I see JWT is doing his best to give our Herdwick a happy weekend :devil: What a dream final for her!

Poor Herdwick.
Blake :bigwave: We hoped for a miracle :sad:
Tsonga will win this tournament

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Poor Herdwick.

Blake doesn't produce miracles :shrug: He is a bit of a "nearly man" - very talented but never achieves as much as he promises too! As for Tsonga - yes I fear you're right, and so glad I'm no longer in Paris to be caught up in such an outburst of ghastly French nationalism :unsure:

I will very quickly say "Vamos Fat Dahveeed" and run and hide away from Herdwick's ire!

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Blake doesn't produce miracles :shrug: He is a bit of a "nearly man" - very talented but never achieves as much as he promises too! As for Tsonga - yes I fear you're right, and so glad I'm no longer in Paris to be caught up in such an outburst of ghastly French nationalism :unsure:

I will very quickly say "Vamos Fat Dahveeed" and run and hide away from Herdwick's ire!

Correct my bad spelling Rose.(in the quote) I was called illiterate yesterday in GM

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Correct my bad spelling Rose.(in the quote) I was called illiterate yesterday in GM

Done :) But who on earth called you that? Despite the fact that English is not your first language, you converse lucidly and intelligently in it without the need for obscene language and insults, - which is more than I can say for most of GM, including many who count English as their mother-tongue :rolleyes: Don't pay any attention to them!

kalisita
11-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Well, looks like Tsonga is Shanghai bound. It's all up to Nalbandain. Weird. I know the ATP race is based on points therefore whoever qualifies deserves it, but IMO both Del Potro and Simon had better/bigger results throughout the entire course of the year than both Tsonga and Nalbandian. Looking forward to Shanghai less and less every day.

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Done :) But who on earth called you that? Despite the fact that English is not your first language, you converse lucidly and intelligently in it without the need for obscene language and insults, - which is more than I can say for most of GM, including many who count English as their mother-tongue :rolleyes: Don't pay any attention to them!

Somebody, whose spelling is worse than mine :lol:

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Somebody, whose spelling is worse than mine :lol:

It's OK - I "searched" for the post. Must admit, I've never heard of this particular poster, but a quick read through his/her previous posts, would point to him/her being very young and not overly bright :o Typical British chav by the look of it - sadly there are many of them on this Board - makes me quite ashamed to be a Brit actually.

Well, looks like Tsonga is Shanghai bound. And if Nalbandian doesn't beat him then Del Potro won't qualify either. Weird. I know the ATP race is based on points therefore whoever qualifies deserves it, but IMO both Del Potro and Simon had better/bigger results throughout the entire course of the year. Looking forward to Shanghai less and less every day.

I won't be able to watch much of Shanghai as TV coverage starts at 6.00am here and I have to leave for work around 6.30am, - but admit I am not that excited by the prospect of it. Just another chance for my commentators to :drool: over Murray as far as I can tell it.

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 05:42 PM
It's OK - I "searched" for the post. Must admit, I've never heard of this particular poster, but a quick read through his/her previous posts, would point to him/her being very young and not overly bright :o Typical British chav by the look of it - sadly there are many of them on this Board - makes me quite ashamed to be a Brit actually.

I don't think he/she is a Brit

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't think he/she is a Brit

Well they have an English flag so I was just assuming - but guess we all know flags on MTF can be very misleading! Very few people (myself included) use their own.

kalisita
11-01-2008, 05:47 PM
I won't be able to watch much of Shanghai as TV coverage starts at 6.00am here and I have to leave for work around 6.30am, - but admit I am not that excited by the prospect of it. Just another chance for my commentators to :drool: over Murray as far as I can tell it.

We get Brit commentators often on Masters Series Tv and they sure do like to drool over Murray! I think it's funny. It's not that he's not a good player, it's just that there is definitely something else there besides them liking his game. It's like you can here them saying "Finally. Finally someone has come to save us."

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 05:49 PM
We get Brit commentators often on Masters Series Tv and they sure do like to drool over Murray! I think it's funny. It's not that he's not a good player, it's just that there is definitely something else there besides them liking his game. It's like you can here them saying "Finally. Finally someone has come to save us."

Indeed :lol: But do you also get the constant Murray interviews, the in-depth reviews of his every match for the last *** years, and the continual replays of his every match? If not - count yourself very lucky :lol:

And - oh my - JWT won - and started to take his clothes of :help: :bolt:

Sorry - couln't resist the temporary title change. I promise I'll change it after tomorrow :lol:

kalisita
11-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Indeed :lol: But do you also get the constant Murray interviews, the in-depth reviews of his every match for the last *** years, and the continual replays of his every match? If not - count yourself very lucky :lol:

And - oh my - JWT won - and started to take his clothes of :help: :bolt:

Sorry - couln't resist the temporary title change. I promise I'll change it after tomorrow :lol:

I'm lucky. ;)

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm lucky. ;)

I could always send you some DVDs if you feel like you're missing out! :p One of our main commentators on Sky TV is Mark Petchey (Murray's former coach), - so we get all the "insider" information and endless technical chat about his game and every little thing about him :rolleyes:

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I want Nalby to win tomorrow but Tsonga always comes up with some magic and I have no hopes left :sad:. I actually like Nalby

kalisita
11-01-2008, 06:03 PM
I want Nalby to win tomorrow but Tsonga always comes up with some magic and I have no hopes left :sad:. I actually like Nalby

I like Nalbandian well enough. I guess it's that I never disliked him, but at the same time I've never really cared about him either so him being so up and down never bothered me. Whether he does well or not I just kind of go "alright" and appreciate the tennis when he is playing well.

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 06:03 PM

:awww: That sounds so sad - "no hopes left" :sad: I actually want him to win too - though in my case it's more because I want that hateful crowd to shut up :devil: Plus I do think David is a better player than Tsonga and more deserves his place in Shanghai, whether he chooses to take it or not.

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey, the way this crowd is, they might boo Tsonga if he loses. Then I might like him again. :p

Edit: One could come to conclusion that most of my faves are born out of pity :awww:

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 06:18 PM
I like Nalbandian well enough. I guess it's that I never disliked him, but at the same time I've never really cared about him either so him being so up and down never bothered me. Whether he does well or not I just kind of go "alright" and appreciate the tennis when he is playing well.
"Never disliked him" still puts him in front of Tsonga :devil:

:awww: That sounds so sad - "no hopes left" :sad: I actually want him to win too - though in my case it's more because I want that hateful crowd to shut up :devil: Plus I do think David is a better player than Tsonga and more deserves his place in Shanghai, whether he chooses to take it or not.

There is one hope left. Tsonga usually doesn't play good two tournaments in a row.

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey, the way this crowd is, they might boo Tsonga if he loses. Then I might like him again. :p

Edit: One could come to conclusion that most of my faves are born out of pity :awww:

:lol: You should have been born a Brit:) We're well-known for cheering for the "underdogs" and supporting all the gallant losers:)

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 06:33 PM
:lol: You should have been born a Brit:) We're well-known for cheering for the "underdogs" and supporting all the gallant losers:)

:lol:

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 06:41 PM
:lol:

And speaking of Brits........... where is the lovely Herdwick? :confused: Perhaps still in the pub afraid to face the reality of "the final to end all finals" without a beer or 3 to ease the pain! Come back Herdwick dear- we will look after you :hug:

11-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Poor Herdwick.

Nalby will save Paris :cool: (picture included for Herdwick's viewing pleasures :D)

http://i33.tinypic.com/rh7cdv.jpg

Afternoon, good people :wavey: :hug:

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 06:49 PM
And speaking of Brits........... where is the lovely Herdwick? :confused: Perhaps still in the pub afraid to face the reality of "the final to end all finals" without a beer or 3 to ease the pain! Come back Herdwick dear- we will look after you :hug:

She knew what the reality was after Roddick lost to Tsonga (we all did but hoped for a miracle)
I hope she didn't punch her computer. I did something similar before to my TV :o:o:o:o
Nothing to be proud of, I broke the head of my first right metatarsal :o:o:o:o

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 06:51 PM
She knew what the reality was after Roddick lost to Tsonga (we all did but hoped for a miracle)
I hope she didn't punch her computer. I did something similar before to my TV :o:o:o:o
Nothing to be proud of, I broke the head of my first right metatarsal :o:o:o:o

:rolls: And you always seem such a calm and mild-mannered person............can't imagine you doing that :lol:

Nalby will save Paris :cool: (picture included for Herdwick's viewing pleasures :D)

Timmy :wavey: Good evening :hug: And that photo :help: Fat Dahveed in yellow showing the results of too many brugers and beers in the too-tight shirt :bolt:Our Herdwick will just love it:lol:

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 06:52 PM
:rolls: And you always seem such a calm and mild-mannered person............can't imagine you doing that :lol:

I have my moments :angel:

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 06:55 PM
I have my moments :angel:

Guess we all do sometimes :lol: We wouldn't be human otherwise! :D

Btw - for those of us getting withdrawal symptoms from the lovely Nole :awww: Here is a short interview with him from the DC Site talking about the up-coming Final ............ not so much, but better than nothing I guess :)
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=14764

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 07:02 PM

Come on Nalby. Save Paris
I like him in yellow very much, even if it is not on my list of favorite colors
Sorry Herdwick

Guess we all do sometimes :lol: We wouldn't be human otherwise! :D

Btw - for those of us getting withdrawal symptoms from the lovely Nole :awww: Here is a short interview with him from the DC Site talking about the up-coming Final ............ not so much, but better than nothing I guess :)
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=14764

Thanks Rose

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Must admit I don't much like anyone in yellow - myself included :lol: It's not so bad on dark haired people like Nole or Janko, - but on blondes like Nalby and Dima, it kind of blends in with their hair and makes them look like a walking :banana: And as a blonde myself, I'm not saying that to be bitchy - it makes me look somewhat like a :banana: if I wear it too!

Herdwick
11-01-2008, 07:23 PM
:wavey: :rolls:The thread title has just told me all I need to know.:worship:

Expected result on both sides so fortified myself with pints of Caledonian Deuchars, Sharps and Adnams's finest. Thus anaethetised I will bear up bravely...

Arsenal lost too:banghead:

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Must admit I don't much like anyone in yellow - myself included :lol: It's not so bad on dark haired people like Nole or Janko, - but on blondes like Nalby and Dima, it kind of blends in with their hair and makes them look like a walking :banana: And as a blonde myself, I'm not saying that to be bitchy - it makes me look somewhat like a :banana: if I wear it too!

:lol: those bananas

I think that Safin looks very good in yellow. I have nothing yellow in my wardrobe, definitely don't like it on my self despite having dark hair and dark tan. I find it looking good on some people :shrug:
Nadal is dark but I cannot imagine him in a yellow t-shirt
I am a weird person

Hi Herdwick:wavey:

Herdwick
11-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Yoiks - that yellow is a shock to those unprepared...

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Herdwick, who are you gonna cheer for tomorrow?

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Evening Herdwick :wavey: Glad you like the thread title :p And yes indeed - who will you cheer for tomorrow?

Maja - glad you like my :banana: It is a very true likeness of myself in that delightful colour!

Herdwick
11-01-2008, 07:43 PM
You need to ask?

I am 100% behind my rampant pampas banana...

11-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Walking Banana's :haha:

I don't like yellow much either, but agreed, Nole/Janko would look good in it :inlove:

Trouble with Nalby is that he's been wearning that shirt since AO. The only time I've seen him in something else is Davis Cup. Which clearly means that either Yonex is a crap sponsor, or Nalby is too attached to that shirt :shrug:

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 07:46 PM
You need to ask?

I am 100% behind my rampant pampas banana...

:eek: That photo is ever so slightly obscene :tape: Or is it just my mind!?

And never thought the day would come when I would hear/see you cheering for the Fat One................ times are hard, very hard :awww:

Antyway - I am off to eat my dinner now - later I'm sure :kiss:

"Rampant pampas banana".......... :rolls:

Trouble with Nalby is that he's been wearning that shirt since AO. The only time I've seen him in something else is Davis Cup. Which clearly means that either Yonex is a crap sponsor, or Nalby is too attached to that shirt :shrug:

Trust me - seeing him in that shirt is preferable to seeing him without a shirt at all :eek:

Herdwick
11-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Obscene; no indeed. Just expectant and open to offers...

Relatively few of us do look good in yellow. Nole however :lick:

Am supposed to be cooking a curry but am putting it off until the end of 'Strictly'.

Rosie - some of us are beginning to wonder about your relationship with HP. Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

Herdwick
11-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Excuse me: I am supposed to be being helped through the weekend!

I come back and everyone has promptly disappeared :bigcry: This is what happens when you depend on the kindness of strangers.

I shall go and cook my curry.

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Obscene; no indeed. Just expectant and open to offers...

Relatively few of us do look good in yellow. Nole however :lick:

Am supposed to be cooking a curry but am putting it off until the end of 'Strictly'.

Rosie - some of us are beginning to wonder about your relationship with HP. Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

Let's say it was all a very long time ago :lol: And best forgotten:p

And sorry to disappear - Alex needed to eat - poor man had to work today :awww: I'm back now though :)

Herdwick
11-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Right - curry simmering away.

Strewth - that was a joke. I hope you don't mean what I fear you might. I think we cough and quickly change the subject here.

We are now being uplifted by Michael Palin on the final day of the first world war. Not learning that much but the original film as always is sobering.

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Right - curry simmering away.

Strewth - that was a joke. I hope you don't mean what I fear you might. I think we cough and quickly change the subject here.

We are now being uplifted by Michael Palin on the final day of the first world war. Not learning that much but the original film as always is sobering.

:lol: Never fear my dear - I can honestly say 100% that you have nothing to fear on that score. Let's just say that a good friend of mine did - erm - how shall I say - "know" the gentleman quite well a good few years ago............. but my taste was far too good - even then! :angel: And - as you say - time to leave it at that and change the subject :lol:

I like Michael Palin - always intelligent and interesting. What flavour is your curry?

Herdwick
11-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Prawn and courgette. It's one of my quicker ones so within my capabilities after a few pints, although not my favourite.

JP is fascinated by both world wars; guess it's ingrained into Belgians. We've had several visits to museums and cemeteries in both Flanders and Normandy so am becoming quite expert myself.

What did you think of MP's series on Eastern Europe? I thought the Polish episode was good but I do not think he did the Balkans at all thoroughly - he skimmed over them and grossly over-simplified.

*Ljubica*
11-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Prawn and courgette. It's one of my quicker ones so within my capabilities after a few pints, although not my favourite.

JP is fascinated by both world wars; guess it's ingrained into Belgians. We've had several visits to museums and cemeteries in both Flanders and Normandy so am becoming quite expert myself.

What did you think of MP's series on Eastern Europe? I thought the Polish episode was good but I do not think he did the Balkans at all thoroughly - he skimmed over them and grossly over-simplified.

Totally agree with you about MP and The Balkans. I didn't see the entire series, and missed the Polish one so can't comment on that one, - though I think on the whole, that series was extremely well-done, informative, and entertaining.

Admit to knowing very little about the Wars from a Belgian perspective, but can understand JP's fascination,, as though I have never been to Flanders or visited any of the museums or cemeteries, I'm pretty knowledgable on WWII from a Russian/Belarussian perspective because of what my Mother's family went through.

Herdwick
11-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Poor James.

http://www.socalsubies.com/forums/images/smilies/kinky.gif

Curry wasn't very nice.

Bath beckons...big day tomorrow after all.

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Good morning. I cannot remember last time I was up at 6:00 in the morning on a Sunday. Actually, I woke up at 3:00 for no reason.

Bad Gambler picked Tsonga for the winner :tears::sobbing::hysteric:

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Morning all :wavey: Must admit I didn't get up til 11.00am today :o

Maja - I guess you woke up in the middle of the night just so full of excitement at the concept of the final :eek:

As for Herdwick - probably already in the pub to calm her nerves for the big occasion ;) H - sorry about the curry :awww:

As for bad_gambler............... I fear he may be right and poor Fat Dave will be going out today :sad:

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Morning all :wavey: Must admit I didn't get up til 11.00am today :o
That should be about right time for me

As for Herdwick - probably already in the pub to calm her nerves for the big occasion ;)

As for bad_gambler............... I fear he may be right and poor Fat Dave will be going out today :sad:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z128/leonei7331/13.gif

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 11:43 AM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z128/leonei7331/13.gif

:awww: What a sad little smiley :sad:

And 11.00am is sheer bliss for me - I normally get up at 5.30am :lol: But I'll probably get a headache by this afternoon - that's what nornmally happens when I sleep in.

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Herdwick got up at 9 and is busy doing housework I'll have you know.

Morning all - resigned to the inevitable I trust - we don't need BG's predictions. But shall cheer madly for Nalby regardless - JP is entering into the spirit of the day by singing 'Nalby baby' to the tune of Eartha Kitt's 'Santa Baby'. Have sent him out into the garden to sweep up the leaves...

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 12:01 PM

Morning all - resigned to the inevitable I trust - we don't need BG's predictions. But shall cheer madly for Nalby regardless - JP is entering into the spirit of the day by singing 'Nalby baby' to the tune of Eartha Kitt's 'Santa Baby'. Have sent him out into the garden to sweep up the leaves...

I wanted to do some work today but my neighbors wouldn't approve :unsure: :lol:
Somebody told me there was a law here about ten years ago or so, where you couldn't buy cleaning tools on Sundays. Still cannot buy alcohol. Is this America?:scratch:

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 12:02 PM

:rolls: JP :worship: What a star :lol: I am feeling virtuous because I did my housework yesterday - though if JP wishes to make a journey down south to sweep up my leaves, I would be very grateful!

Unfortunately now I have this vision in my mind of Fat Dave in a Santa hat and very little else :help: :eek:

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 12:04 PM
:confused: Don't recall any restrictions on Sunday shopping in the US where I've been. Or does it vary state by state?

You don't live with the Amish do you?

:rolls: Oh stop it - Santa hat! Thank you so much for that enchanting vision.

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I wanted to do some work today but my neighbors wouldn't approve :unsure: :lol:
Somebody told me there was a law here about ten years ago or so, where you couldn't buy cleaning tools on Sundays. Still cannot buy alcohol. Is this America?:scratch:

:confused: Actually when I lived on the Isle of Skye there were issues about doing stuff like hanging out your washing or vacuuming on a Sunday :rolleyes: Thankfully for Herdwick, not in the rest of Scotland though :D

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Skye is Wee Frees territory, factions notwithstanding. Am sure Nalby would love it there...

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 12:14 PM
:confused: Don't recall any restrictions on Sunday shopping in the US where I've been. Or does it vary state by state?

You don't live with the Amish do you?

No, not even close to Amish. I live in southeast of the country. Part of the bible belt
Some of those things can vary from state to state, or even from city to city. :shrug:
They wouldn't allow lottery in the state for very long time. I think that they just approved it a year ago

I was very surprised to tell you the truth.

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Skye is Wee Frees territory, factions notwithstanding. Am sure Nalby would love it there...

Indeed :rolleyes: The place drove me slowly crazy in the 18 months I lived there - somehow I don't think I'd survive in the Bible Belt either!

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Just been trawling Nalby's website in an attempt to unearth lovable traits. It is most prosaic and uninformative though.

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 12:27 PM
My husband cannot move for the next 3 years. It sucks when you have no options. I am thinking about moving anyway. He can follow me later

Herdwick, just Amish would live with the Amish :rolls:

Hey, did Nalby become your fave? Your visiting his website

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Just been trawling Nalby's website in an attempt to unearth lovable traits. It is most prosaic and uninformative though.

He's totally devoted to his Mother - who is actually a lovely lady (though scarily like him to look at!), and very loyal to his old friends back home - does that help? LOL at you going to his website though - you'll be his Number 1 Fan soon :p

My husband cannot move for the next 3 years. It sucks when you have no options. I am thinking about moving anyway. He can follow me later

How much longer is your husband tied to the Bible Belt before he can move?

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 12:33 PM
He's totally devoted to his Mother - who is actually a lovely lady (though scarily like him to look at!), and very loyal to his old friends back home - does that help? LOL at you going to his website though - you'll be his Number 1 Fan soon :p

How much longer is your husband tied to the Bible Belt before he can move?

I just said 3 years. :)

Why is Nalby scary to look at?

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 12:36 PM

In one phrase...Lizard Eyes but he can hardly change that.

Am feeling benign and well-disposed to him today. Loyal to his friends, kind to his mother and likes his food and beer. It could be much worse.

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 12:44 PM
I just said 3 years. :)

Ah - sorry - I misread that as that his contract was for 3 years- thought maybe it was already half way through or something.

Am feeling benign and well-disposed to him today. Loyal to his friends, kind to his mother and likes his food and beer. It could be much worse.

We'll make you Chairperson of the Nalby Fan Club yet :)

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 12:54 PM

What do you think about these eyes?

Not the best picture tough. He lost about 15 kg. in a very short time during his Nigeria deployment.
I will remove the picture later

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 12:56 PM
It is a lovely photo :hearts: I'm assuming that is your husband and son? He has truly amazing eyes!

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 12:59 PM
And - just for Herdwick - here are some pics of her new found favourite...............

So here we have David with his girlfriend Vicky, David with his parents (his Father sadly passed away a couple of years ago), and David wearing very little! Enjoy :angel:

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh, come on Rose. It is a scary picture.
Yes they are , but don't quote, I don't want it to stay here

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 01:08 PM
OK - I understand :) Both are very cute! :) I honestly don't think the first one is scary at all - and I have removed the quote now :)

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 01:08 PM
What do you think about these eyes?

Not the best picture tough. He lost about 15 kg. in a very short time during his Nigeria deployment.
I will remove the picture later

Frankly, viewed in isolation :scared: :bolt:

Sure he has a lovely nature though...:kiss:

And as for topless Nalby baby - well one quivers...

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 01:15 PM
And as for topless Nalby baby - well one quivers...

Would you like me to find you more :angel:

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks Rose. Yes Herdwick, he has a good nature and He doesn't look as scary in person ;)

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Would you like me to find you more :angel:

Err no thanks. Am already haunted by the thought that he might hurry down my chimney in a Santa hat...

Thanks Rose. Yes Herdwick, he has a good nature and He doesn't look as scary in person ;)

Photos can be very unforgiving...:o

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Err no thanks. Am already haunted by the thought that he might hurry down my chimney in a Santa hat...

Go on - you're among friends - you can admit that you'd enjoy it - we won't tell JP :) Love your new avvie btw :D

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Nope - my chimney is reserved for another, well a few others TBH. Some of them can even lose the hat...

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Nope - my chimney is reserved for another, well a few others TBH. Some of them can even lose the hat...

:lol: Oh no - you must make them keep their hats on at all times - it adds to the mystique and the excitement! And just to get you in the mood.............. :D That's Dominik Hrbaty in a party mood!!!

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 01:53 PM
:lol: Should I know this person? Would not have recognised Hrbaty.

If not Nole, then the chap off the first series of Love Soup would do nicely.

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
My son got up, so I am busy fixing him breakfast.
Those pics of David are pretty good. :hearts: I like them

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
:lol: Should I know this person?

If not Nole, then the chap off the first series of Love Soup would do nicely.

It's Dominik Hrbaty :) And what on earth is someone without a chimney like myself meant to do? :awww: Will I be lost, lonely, and forgotten this Christmas? :sad:

Btw - do you, Maja or anyone else around have any ideas for this thread's next title? After JWT has lifted that trophy this afternoon (sorry :awww: ) the current one is somewhat redundant? Any ideas?

My son got up, so I am busy fixing him breakfast.
Those pics of David are pretty good. :hearts: I like them

I can try and find you more - but Herdwick might cry :tears:

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I lack imagination. Somebody else please come up with the title

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 02:04 PM
The 'Happy indeed are we who expect nothing; we can never be disappointed' thread?

Or is that too downbeat?

Mind you, with TMC next weekend...

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 02:04 PM
I am open to all (decent) suggestions and offers - and you all have a good few hours yet to help me! If not - something about Santa hats may look to be a favourite :D

The 'Happy indeed are we who expect nothing; we can never be disappointed' thread?

Or is that too downbeat?

Mind you, with TMC next weekend...

Maybe a bit downbeat - but sadly very honest!!! I'm more than happy with it.

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Perhaps something a lttle more philosophical. With apologies to Nietzsche -

'If we stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss will stare back at us.'

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Or, reverting to more familiar pastures:

Almost all our desires, when examined, contain something too shameful to reveal.

or

Lust is brief and to the point.

Now must go and make my beef carbonnade before HPFTP makes his entrance.

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Perhaps something a lttle more philosophical. With apologies to Nietzsche -

'If we stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss will stare back at us.'

:lol: I like that one a lot :D

Decided that just because I started this thread (and therefore am the only one that can physically change the titles), - doesn't mean I have to be the only one to choose them! We want democracy and shared responsibility here!

Or, reverting to more familiar pastures:

Almost all our desires, when examined, contain something too shameful to reveal.

or

Lust is brief and to the point.

Now must go and make my beef carbonnade before HPFTP makes his entrance.

That highlighted one is so true of us here :lol: Enjoy your lunch!

11-02-2008, 02:38 PM
:wavey: People

I think there's a bird stuck in my fireplace :unsure:

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 02:56 PM

No - it's just Nalby baby hurrying down your chimney, having been refused access to mine ;) Suppose he may well have got stuck though.

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 03:01 PM

:awww: Poor little thing :sad: Hope you can get him out safely.

No - it's just Nalby baby hurrying down your chimney, having been refused access to mine ;) Suppose he may well have got stuck though.

How could you have sent him away? :awww: Anyway - the final of all finals is about to start :woohoo: I am off to watch properly for a while! So ............

:rocker: VAMOS FAT DAVE :rocker:

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Harrrumph...this is not good. Nalby - you had no business beating Andy if you're going to play this cluelessly in the final. He's just not getting into the rallies at all and allowing Tsonga's serve to dominate.

kalisita
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I was thinking about TMC and realized that if Nadal does withdraw Nole could be in a group with Murray, Roddick, and Tsonga. (though as is he could be in with Federer, Roddick, Tsonga) :eek: I'm really starting to fear he may be on the road to becoming the Elena Dementieva of TMC. :sad:

11-02-2008, 04:21 PM
How about being the Vera Zvonereva? :rolls: Oh wait, that might be Davy :o

Nalby, you disgrace.

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 04:25 PM
The abyss beckons I fear...

TMC - well we must just hope that pain is not permanent.

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Yessss - thank you Daveed.

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 04:34 PM
This was good from Nalby, but Tsonga can come up with some magic in the third. It happened 3 times this week

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Did you see that Incredible shot from Nalby

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, Tsonga didn't need any magic here. That was poor David.

kalisita
11-02-2008, 04:44 PM
How about being the Vera Zvonereva? :rolls: Oh wait, that might be Davy :o

Nalby, you disgrace.

I picked the Dementieva because in her last 3 YECs she hasn't won a match (or a set). But, at least she did beat Rubin in 2001. Though, Nole and Zvonereva may have matching records right now, I think Elena should have done better as should have Nole.

kalisita
11-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, Tsonga didn't need any magic here. That was poor David.

Tsonga hanging on (and a few great shots here and there) has pretty much been the norm for him this tournament.

Got out hopes up for nothing Nalby. :mad:

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Tsonga hanging on (and a few great shots here and there) has pretty much been the norm for him this tournament.

Got out hopes up for nothing Nalby. :mad:

He usually comes up with a few good shots when it really matters.

Commentators said that nobody ever defended this title.

kalisita
11-02-2008, 05:03 PM
He usually comes up with a few good shots when it really matters.

Commentators said that nobody ever defended this title.

I think there's only been a couple of times when the defending champion even made it to the final the next year.

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 05:08 PM
*Sulks*

Why couldn't he play like this against Murray.

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 05:12 PM
There is something positive about Tsonga winning this. Guess what?

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 05:16 PM
*Still sulking*

When he does get a 2nd serve he fluffs the return.

OK - go on then, what?

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Nole lost in the third round but he lost from the champion ;)

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Nowhere near good enough :banghead:

I do not accept JWT as a champion. Right now I want him tortured and buried in quicklime.

~Maya~
11-02-2008, 05:21 PM

I do not accept JWT as a champion. Right now I want him tortured and buried in quicklime.

lol. Take it easy

kalisita
11-02-2008, 05:22 PM

Apt description of most of Nalby's career. :D

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 05:23 PM
lol. Take it easy

It's OK -I can only stay mad for about thirteen and a half minutes ;) and I am not a violent person. I vent in words not in actions...

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 05:43 PM

:eek: And I've only been offline a couple of hours :help: Poor JWT - I almost felt kindness towards him when he cried at the end of the match and went to :hug: his Mum and Dad. :awww:

But Fat Dahveed :banghead: You are a better player than you showed today - far too careless and inconsistent :spit:

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 05:53 PM
I had already turned off by then. Kindness - bah humbug:devil:. I disliked him enough before the match and now I detest him.

I shall go change the bed and then open some red wine. Fortunately the beef carbonnade has been simmering for hours now and smells delicious. Just as well - JP made a formal complaint about the standard of catering last night and I was told I must do better. I was forced to cook welsh rarebit for lunch by way of penance...

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I had already turned off by then. Kindness - bah humbug:devil:. I disliked him enough before the match and now I detest him.

I shall go change the bed and then open some red wine. Fortunately the beef carbonnade has been simmering for hours now and smells delicious. Just as well - JP made a formal complaint about the standard of catering last night and I was told I must do better. I was forced to cook welsh rarebit for lunch by way of penance...

:lol: You could always tell him to cook his own - then he'd have nothing to complain about would he? :angel: Sadly, Frodo rather ruined the poignancy of JWT's winning tears by presenting us with a "present" just at that moment - maybe he detests him too?

Off to change the thread title I think :)

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Bird or rodent?

That's what I said but he is working this pm, applying db patches - he rightly calculated that we would not enjoy the tennis - so I can see his point. Anyway his repertoire is very limited so I'd rather he cooked in the week. A beef stew is not difficult.

Please do change the title - today is best forgotten. Am faced with the prospect of JWT contaminating Shanghai too.

*Ljubica*
11-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Bird or rodent?

That's what I said but he is working this pm, applying db patches - he rightly calculated that we would not enjoy the tennis - so I can see his point. Anyway his repertoire is very limited so I'd rather he cooked in the week. A beef stew is not difficult.

Please do change the title - today is best forgotten. Am faced with the prospect of JWT contaminating Shanghai too.

OK - done :D Any suggestions for alterations or whatever gratefully received!

Perhaps the "ever enigmatic" JWT will actually win Shanghai? :help: :bolt:

Herdwick
11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
*Boils* What the hell is enigmatic about him? He's got one of the most in-your-face, objectionable on-court personas I've ever come across. How anyone who castigates Nole or Rafa for arrogance on-court (which I grant you they can be on occasion), but doesn't similarly take against JWT is beyond my understanding.:fiery:

OK - my thirteen and a half minutes are up now :D - a nice Navarro Crianza is helping no end. I seem to have scared everyone else away though.