Dini
05-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Answer: Him

And THE backhand of course too :sad:

http://z.about.com/d/tennis/1/0/G/F/richard-gasquet-backhand-01.jpg

You?

Jozie
05-20-2009, 04:52 PM
The 'X' factor.... he's a mystery (you just never know what to expect).

Davodus
05-20-2009, 04:53 PM
i miss being disappointed when he lost to a player ranked well below him :sobbing:

that's how bad things are, that i miss that

but actually i just miss everything

Naina
05-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Him, his smile, his eyes, his topsy turvy matches, the stupid forehand, him in wimbledon whites.
Nothing more to add :sad:

Tess Gray
05-20-2009, 05:46 PM
His fidgeting during interviews:sobbing:

And his predictable answers to every single question:p

C-B-R
05-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Him just playing tennis , even losing he was still on court

Dini
05-20-2009, 06:25 PM
I miss the racquet tape changes after every game :sobbing:

And I miss his "fhour sheour" 's too. :sad:

Getta
05-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Definitely not a pointless thread.

Dini
05-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Definitely not a pointless thread.

Are you being sarcastic? :confused:

Cloudygirl
05-20-2009, 06:35 PM

me too, and never knowing if genius Richie or idiot Richie would turn up.

Also lots of shots like kAHCy5WkZzw
and
hnZz7W4HQGE

for someone with a supposedly shit forehand he can hit some fab shots with it when he wants to.

wIJfQ6adFqY

9Ewdxxrxrhc

fjMnEFYvRjs

his eyes and on a more shallow note his nice arse.

Getta
05-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Are you being sarcastic? :confused:

No.

Dini
05-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Handing out bakery products in slams:

56JQ3V_tuA4

Jozie
05-20-2009, 06:44 PM

56JQ3V_tuA4

I watched this match live at the Vodafone Arena.. :worship: Aussie Open 2007.

Cloudygirl
05-20-2009, 06:46 PM

56JQ3V_tuA4

that point at 1.54 is just :worship::hearts:

Dini
05-20-2009, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QReyczOzUwQ

The first point of that video. Ignore the rest. :ras:

So much for being sh!t forehand :lol:

Dini
05-20-2009, 06:51 PM
His accent "be more agreesssiveee" :hearts:

gC24TzYlnE0

Cloudygirl
05-20-2009, 07:01 PM
this makes me sad. Please come back soon Richard.

Schu
05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
The way his shots can make my jaw drop in total amazement :eek:.

Of course the eyes, the smile, the accent and the ass ain't bad either...

Thanks all for reminding us why we love Richie. "Oh putain la", come back SOON Richie!

but-it's-ok
05-20-2009, 07:20 PM
I just miss him so much:sobbing::sobbing:,his shot making,shyness,his accent,smile,those gorgeous eyes he melts me with:awww::worship:

Nads,nice idea for a thread,what a girl you are:worship::hug:

Cin
05-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Him and his game~~

Cin
05-20-2009, 07:47 PM
His accent "be more agreesssiveee" :hearts:

gC24TzYlnE0

I miss the word "putain" in the press conference

Lemon Custard
05-21-2009, 06:52 AM
I watched this match live at the Vodafone Arena.. :worship: Aussie Open 2007.

Ohh! I was there too!!

I miss... that backhand, the way he looks in those blue shirts (the white shorts aren't so terrible either!), the smile, when he plays brilliantly and reminds me why I adore him and totally the tape changes (how on Earth does he do that so fast?).

Davodus
05-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Ohh! I was there too!!

I miss... that backhand, the way he looks in those blue shirts (the white shorts aren't so terrible either!), the smile, when he plays brilliantly and reminds me why I adore him and totally the tape changes (how on Earth does he do that so fast?).

i was there as well :eek:

reggie1
05-21-2009, 03:04 PM
I just miss having my favourite to cheer for, nothing's the same now :sad:

but-it's-ok
05-21-2009, 03:35 PM

Oh Vicky,its soul destroying.
:awww::sobbing:
:hug::hug::hug:

SUKTUEN
05-21-2009, 04:03 PM
I miss him so much~~~:sad::sad:

Davodus
05-21-2009, 04:07 PM

i am a bit the same, it is weird not having him in any draws at all...especially when you know he is not out because he wants to be :mad:

Schu
05-21-2009, 04:16 PM

Really - it's hard to enjoy a tournament sometimes now. Even when he played like crap and lost to a nobody at least he had the choice to play!

As much as I miss seeing him play, and that's ALOT, the worst is thinking how he feels right now as he sits on the sidelines for another RG and misses his favorite part of the season on grass as he worries what everyone thinks of him. Damn it's sad :sad:

case
05-21-2009, 05:04 PM

I think so too. i usually had a backup player to follow because gasquet was nutty, but this is different.
I see the ads for the french open and get mad. Tennis has lost its fun.

anyone see that roddick chimed in on this and basically said that it was too harsh for one mistake.

where are the other players? some sports guy said that basketball doesnt follow WADA. stupid ITF why must they?

Puschkin
05-21-2009, 05:19 PM
I can survive Roland Garros without him, but I don't even want to imagine the grass tourneys right now. :sad: and :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

That 's the part of the year when his tennis just flows from instinct, talent and a sense for the right shot.

RFK
05-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Aww guys this is so sad. :(
I love that interview with him - happy days!

I miss the anticipation before watching him play. And the excitement of whether or not he will actually win the match! Even the little things, like hoping he will have finally taken the cap off..:lol:

tennis lover
05-21-2009, 05:50 PM
This thread makes it feel like it's inevitable he's going to get a 2 year ban. :awww: I really hope not, that would be unbearable. :sad:

I am going to the Wimbledon Semis this year and I was really hoping he would get there again, it makes me sad that he's not going to be there and not just because he lost. I really don't agree with banning somebody before their tribunal. :awww:

Schu
05-21-2009, 06:26 PM
I see the ads for the french open and get mad. Tennis has lost its fun.

anyone see that roddick chimed in on this and basically said that it was too harsh for one mistake.

where are the other players? some sports guy said that basketball doesnt follow WADA. stupid ITF why must they?

SO DO I!

FOr all the grief roddick gets I really like the way he, like Safin, say what they think and don't worry about being politically correct.

In the US, I don't think any sports follow WADA as evidenced by the huge number of players that are playing after just a slap on the wrist or after their 3rd or 4th or 5th infraction. But I guess tennis is an International sport that follows international rules, as draconian as they may be.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Roddick and Safin. :worship: Love how they both speak their mind.

Oh wow, this thread makes me feel sad....

I can't believe it's going to be the 2nd RG in a row without him but this time he can't even enter the grounds! Last year, at least he was there in the stands and with the Playstations. :lol: :o

and if RG will feel weird without him, then Queens and Wimbledon are going to be just plain sad for me. I remember just a few weeks ago how excited I was to see him entered for both Queens and Eastbourne and now. His game is just made for grass and there is no one I would rather watch at this time of the year, particularly.

OK to what I miss about him, well everything mentioned in this thread, but mostly I miss the little things like worrying about his shoulder, how dodgy his FH would be, how seriously he was taking tennis, whether Jekyll Richard or Hyde Richard would turn up on any given day, his inspirational tennis, his horrific court positioning, the days where he would play so bad and yet hit just the singular most beautiful BH DTL that would make all the shit in-between worthwhile. I miss his terrific attitude on court, his humbleness, his lovely smile, Peyre (what I like chatting with him! :lol:), his volleying skills (because great volleying is so hard to find these days), miss the thought of standing watching him practise for a whole hour like last year at Queens, with barely anyone else watching. Miss not knowing what was coming next (well actually miss wanting to know what was coming next) because right now, I don't want to know. Wish I could get him out of my head.

I hate how his career is in the balance like this and if I even try to imagine how he's feeling, it hurts. Just hope that he is doing well.

but-it's-ok
05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Great post Jen:worship::hug: With you completely;)

Getta
05-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Richie

Cloudygirl
05-21-2009, 08:37 PM

I can't believe it's going to be the 2nd RG in a row without him but this time he can't even enter the grounds! Last year, at least he was there in the stands and with the Playstations. :lol: :o

and if RG will feel weird without him, then Queens and Wimbledon are going to be just plain sad for me. I remember just a few weeks ago how excited I was to see him entered for both Queens and Eastbourne and now. His game is just made for grass and there is no one I would rather watch at this time of the year, particularly.

OK to what I miss about him, well everything mentioned in this thread, but mostly I miss the little things like worrying about his shoulder, how dodgy his FH would be, how seriously he was taking tennis, whether Jekyll Richard or Hyde Richard would turn up on any given day, his inspirational tennis, his horrific court positioning, the days where he would play so bad and yet hit just the singular most beautiful BH DTL that would make all the shit in-between worthwhile. I miss his terrific attitude on court, his humbleness, his lovely smile, Peyre (what I like chatting with him! :lol:), his volleying skills (because great volleying is so hard to find these days), miss the thought of standing watching him practise for a whole hour like last year at Queens, with barely anyone else watching. Miss not knowing what was coming next (well actually miss wanting to know what was coming next) because right now, I don't want to know. Wish I could get him out of my head.

I hate how his career is in the balance like this and if I even try to imagine how he's feeling, it hurts. Just hope that he is doing well.

can only add to this me too :(

Dini
05-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Jen that's an awesome post, I can relate. And what Vicky said too, it's so true. We're already missing him, it's not an issue of thinking that he'll be banned...he's been away for what feels like an absolute age.

9UYkSlYdYCI

Cloudygirl
05-21-2009, 09:06 PM
his forehand looks so much better on grass. I miss him tons already.

~*BGT*~
05-21-2009, 11:15 PM
His fidgeting during interviews:sobbing:

And his predictable answers to every single question:p

:lol: I miss that too. :hug:

What did Andy and Marat say?

PinkFeatherBoa
05-21-2009, 11:28 PM
What did Andy and Marat say?

The Marat quote was just the one posted in the Gasqueteer thread about a week ago, this is what Andy said (wasn't actually much ;) but it's the right sentiment).

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6329262.ece

Andy Roddick downbeat on French Open chances
Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent
May 21, 2009

An American in Paris conjures distinct images....

....It is ironic that Roddick recently joined Team Lagardère, a privately owned and sponsored group brought together by Arnaud Lagardère, a millionaire businessman who has stoked the fires of competition with the French Tennis Federation.

Richard Gasquet, like Roddick a client of the famed Lacoste clothing line, is also in the Lagardère team, which is rallying around the 23-year-old, who faces a two-year suspension after a positive test for cocaine, a prohibited substance.

Being inside the tennis jet set for as long as he has, Roddick recognises its various temptations. “It wasn’t tough for me,” he said. “I went to a normal school, I was socially adaptable. It is about making good decisions within the limitations placed on you.

“I knew having one night out would cost me three days, which wasn’t worth it. What you had to give up brought rewards in other ways. I am speaking from an uninformed standpoint where Richard is concerned, but I’d hate in any case to think that one bad decision could cost so much.”

~*BGT*~
05-22-2009, 03:28 AM
Andy :sobbing: I don't want to think there is no more Gasdick. I need another Gasdick classic. :bigcry:

PinkFeatherBoa
05-22-2009, 11:11 AM
There will be more Gasdick, there needs to be a Wimbledon rematch.

Another RG without Richard in, sigh.

Venle
05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Everything, too much to list :sobbing:

His lovely backhand, accent, that awkward glancing around during his interviews, him on grass, polite manners, whatnot.

I can't think about this, he'll be back, he will :sobbing:

tennis lover
05-22-2009, 11:41 AM
:sobbing: noooooooo! :o I don't think my heart could cope with another one of those (unless it's the final! ;) ) :awww: How about at RG instead?!?!

PinkFeatherBoa
05-22-2009, 12:07 PM
:sobbing: noooooooo! :o I don't think my heart could cope with another one of those (unless it's the final! ;) ) :awww: How about at RG instead?!?!

Oh no I'm not sure I'd like it as a Wimbledon final. How about if Roddick wins this year's Wimbledon, then they can meet in the 2010 final and Richard can win that one. ;) :angel: At RG, I think the match would be a bit weird, knowing Andy's French Open history.

Gretchen.
05-22-2009, 07:46 PM
I haven't been able to log in for a couple days and when I do I come back to this thread :sobbing: It was really sad to not see Richie in the RG draw today and when I was looking I was hoping to see his name but I knew it wouldn't happen :sad:
But yeah anyway one of the things I miss a lot is those cute pouts he makes :awww:

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii253/sunnysmydelite/Richard%20Gasquet/gasq10qv4.jpg

I just really miss seeing him play and his beautiful backhand and his great S&V.Hope he comes back soon :bigcry:

tennis lover
05-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Oh no I'm not sure I'd like it as a Wimbledon final. How about if Roddick wins this year's Wimbledon, then they can meet in the 2010 final and Richard can win that one. ;) :angel: At RG, I think the match would be a bit weird, knowing Andy's French Open history.
that's why I picked RG! ;) it wouldn't be too big a deal for Andy to lose there whereas Wimbledon is so important to both that it broke my heart to have to watch one of them knock the other out there. :awww: but if Andy wins Wimbledon this year, Richard can definitely have next years because I will be a happy woman forever! :D

~*BGT*~
05-23-2009, 01:06 AM

Another RG without Richard in, sigh.

How about in an exho? :rolls: That way, everyone wins :lol:

that's why I picked RG! ;) it wouldn't be too big a deal for Andy to lose there whereas Wimbledon is so important to both that it broke my heart to have to watch one of them knock the other out there. :awww: but if Andy wins Wimbledon this year, Richard can definitely have next years because I will be a happy woman forever! :D

Oh yes! :inlove:

~*BGT*~
12-01-2009, 02:12 AM
Richie me manque :sobbing: I miss him. :tears:

acd692
12-01-2009, 08:18 PM
everything of him:(

gasquetswife
05-28-2010, 04:52 AM
The way his shots can make my jaw drop in total amazement :eek:.

Of course the eyes, the smile, the accent and the ass ain't bad either...

Thanks all for reminding us why we love Richie. "Oh putain la", come back SOON Richie!

:hearts: what does 'Oh putain la' mean???