Expect The Unexpected Roland Garros 09 : N.Djokovic vsPhilipp Kohlschreiber (GER) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Expect The Unexpected Roland Garros 09 : N.Djokovic vsPhilipp Kohlschreiber (GER)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Noleta
05-18-2009, 05:29 PM
With only a week until the French Open begins on May 24 what are Novak's chances looking like this year? Thumbs up for his clay court performance so far:D

He will survive:bounce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj2MTes2ykk :rolls:

shuhrat
05-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Spending some time(especially his birthday :aparty:) with his family and friends, :dance: :singer: he will get a lot of positive energy and will be back with a strong will. :D
We're waiting for you here. :hug: Ajde & allez, Nole!!! :bounce::bounce:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 06:55 PM
I hope so:)Rose have to give him 3 kisses for his birthday:pwe always give 3 kisses here(Belgium):)

If he loses early rounds i'l never ever start a thread again:tape:

Amber Spyglass
05-18-2009, 07:06 PM
I hope so:)Rose have to give him 3 kisses for his birthday:pwe always give 3 kisses here(Belgium):)

You'll never be allowed again:p: :lol:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 07:08 PM

I will do that with the greatest of pleasure :D And I'm sure Ellen will too, as she will also be in RG.

Thanks for starting the thread btw - I'm sure you will bring him luck!!

:yeah: For the youtube clip :rolls: Great addition to the thread!

shuhrat
05-18-2009, 07:21 PM
:eek: I'll never ever dare to start a tournament thread. :rolls::rolls:

Noleta, don't worry. :hug: Good luck to you too. :wavey:

:secret: Anyway who was the one starting Wimbly thread last year? :armed::devil::spit:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 07:24 PM

:secret: Anyway who was the one starting Wimbly thread last year? :armed::devil::spit:

Your turn will come my dear :angel: In fact it could be your turn at Wimbledon :p We all have to make a thread (and take the blame) at one stage or another!

And must admit I haven't started a thread since my massive FAIL at Wimby 2008 - I'm just too scared.

Noleta
05-18-2009, 07:29 PM

Thanks no pressure:p

ellen_
05-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Good luck with the thread :banana: And good luck to Nole too of course. I will be there to chase him down when he doesn't practice properly and I will also be there to kiss him. I think Rosie only arrives later so a big :ras: to you Rose! Ha!

Noleta
05-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Your turn will come my dear :angel: In fact it could be your turn at Wimbledon We all have to make a thread (and take the blame) at one stage or another!

And must admit I haven't started a thread since my massive FAIL at Wimby 2008 - I'm just too scared.

:awww:Rose i'm sure he will be extra motivated to do well this year in Londen:)

Well you can start the Wimbledon thread this year:p

I will do that with the greatest of pleasure :D And I'm sure Ellen will too, as she will also be in RG.

Thanks for starting the thread btw - I'm sure you will bring him luck!!

:yeah: For the youtube clip :rolls: Great addition to the thread!

Humm:devil:great news Ellen will be there so you'll have menage a troi:pthanks for the good luck wishe:kiss:i totally adore that clip specially at the end:devil:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Good luck with the thread :banana: And good luck to Nole too of course. I will be there to chase him down when he doesn't practice properly and I will also be there to kiss him. I think Rosie only arrives later so a big :ras: to you Rose! Ha!

:nerner: It's OK dear - just remember when you kiss him to keep his Physio under surveillance for me at the same time. I don't have so long in Paris this time - so can't risk "losing" Miljan for any part of it :angel:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 07:35 PM

Good take full advantage of that you will have him all for yourself:p

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Good take full advantage of that you will have him all for yourself:p

I see the Belgians are ganging up on me :p :nerner:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I see the Belgians are ganging up on me :p :nerner:

What:eek: ganging:lol: bad Rose:devil:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 07:40 PM
What:eek: ganging:lol: bad Rose:devil:

As long as I have Miljan, and he remains faithful to me :tape: I can put up with almost anything! And sadly I won't have Jelena with me this time making sure I behave :tape: Not sure I can be trusted without her.

ellen_
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Ganging... :spit:

Belgians can be ruthless, Rosie :devil: I think I might start liking Miljan for a couple of days :p

Noleta
05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
As long as I have Miljan, and he remains faithful to me :tape: I can put up with almost anything! And sadly I won't have Jelena with me this time making sure I behave :tape: Not sure I can be trusted without her.

Im' sure you will:p

Noleta
05-18-2009, 07:50 PM

Belgians can be ruthless, Rosie :devil: I think I might start liking Miljan for a couple of days :p

:rolls:Rose better be:armed:

pica_pica
Wow, :hearts: the thread title and the "I will survive" clip.
I've been telling everyone since last October that my sixth sense told me he'll truly rebound and do well on clay this year. I hope my sixth sense continues to be right!!!
Ajde Nole! Turning 22 soon, only to expect more great things from you!
Expect the Unexpected!!!

*Ljubica*

:hysteric: :bigcry: :tears::sobbing: Where is a suicide smiley when you need one? :banghead: Mijan is MINE - you know that :fiery:

:rolls:Rose better be:armed:

Perhaps I will contact the scary Macedonian man I met when I was on a train in Serbia - I swear he was Mafia :o He will protect me for sure :armed:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Wow, :hearts: the thread title and the "I will survive" clip.
I've been telling everyone since last October that my sixth sense told me he'll truly rebound and do well on clay this year. I hope my sixth sense continues to be right!!!
Ajde Nole! Turning 22 soon, only to expect more great things from you!
Expect the Unexpected!!!

What does your sixth sense tell you about RG:bounce:

Glad you like the title thread:)

pica_pica
05-18-2009, 07:58 PM
What does your sixth sense tell you about RG:bounce:

Glad you like the title thread:)
My sixth sense is not as detailed as that. I'm not a fortune teller :p but as you watch more and more tennis you do have "feelings" sometimes. You can sometimes smell an upset before it came, or have some instinctive perception just by looking at the draw. No matter what, ajde Nole! We should all try to transfer some good vibes to him. :angel:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 08:04 PM
My sixth sense is not as detailed as that. I'm not a fortune teller :p but as you watch more and more tennis you do have "feelings" sometimes. You can sometimes smell an upset before it came, or have some instinctive perception just by looking at the draw. No matter what, ajde Nole! We should all try to transfer some good vibes to him. :angel:

We sure will:bounce:

ellen_
05-18-2009, 08:09 PM
I'll collect all your good vibes, put them in my suitcase and let Nole open it :yeah:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 08:12 PM
I'll collect all your good vibes, put them in my suitcase and let Nole open it :yeah:

Sounds like a great idea to me :D

Does anyone actually know when the draw comes out btw?

Noleta
05-18-2009, 08:13 PM

Yes:bounce::worship:

pica_pica
05-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me :D

Does anyone actually know when the draw comes out btw?
Friday

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Friday

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Qualifying draw: Monday, May 18, 6:00 p.m.
Main draw: Friday, May 22, 11:30 a.m.
Men's doubles draw: TBA (Entry deadline: Friday, May 15, Noon)
Mixed doubles draw: Monday, May 25, 2:00 p.m.

ellen_
05-18-2009, 08:17 PM

Noleta
05-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Will Novak enter the doubles again?

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Will Novak enter the doubles again?

I very much doubt it - not with all the matches being 5 sets in a Grand Slam. He wouldn't want to risk tiring himself out, if he hopes to go a long way in the Singles. I may be wrong of course, but I do very much doubt it. Can't imagine Federer, Nadal or Murray playing doubles either :shrug:

pica_pica
05-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Thx......will there be live broadcast of draw ceremony??

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 08:23 PM

I believe there was last year - so hopefully :) I haven't checked the website properly yet to be honest :o

Noleta
05-18-2009, 08:24 PM
I very much doubt it - not with all the matches being 5 sets in a Grand Slam. He wouldn't want to risk tiring himself out, if he hopes to go a long way in the Singles. I may be wrong of course, but I do very much doubt it. Can't imagine Federer, Nadal or Murray playing doubles either :shrug:

You can be right but i think doubles are helping him coming to the net more:)

ellen_
05-18-2009, 08:26 PM

Normally they do, yes. Although I haven't read anything about it this year though, but I guess you better check the website on Friday.

neznana
05-18-2009, 08:37 PM
I expect that it will fight to the blood and so win this tournament and beat Nadal in finale.

Noleta
05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
I expect that it will fight to the blood and so win this tournament and beat Nadal in finale.

:yeah::worship:

pica_pica
05-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah, send the vibes down to Nole's spine.

kalisita
05-18-2009, 10:12 PM
:banana: French Open! :banana:

Adje Nole! :rocker2: Save your best clay tennis for where it matters most!

redberyl
05-19-2009, 01:08 AM

It's Nole's birthday as well!!!!! Good Luck for the draw.:angel:

I am going to be so nervous on 22 May.

Stephie Cesc
05-19-2009, 06:34 AM
Ajde Nole :rocker::banana::rocker2: Good luck in Paris! :yippee::bounce::music::tennis::yeah:

ellewoods
05-19-2009, 07:33 AM
Ana and Rafa are doing the draw this year. Let's hope Ana draws Nole in Fed's half and hence gives him the best possible birthday present :)

Radalek
05-19-2009, 10:27 AM
So, Roland Garros 09 is upon us...

I wanted to write something about Madrid match but couldn't, it was so emotional, was completely drained after so I can only imagine how Novak felt...There are some matches that define you, as a person and as a player.Madrid SF might be one for Novak and I am certain that he will bounce back even stronger.

I red something about Sampras and how, after becoming youngest ever USO champion in 1990 with 19 yrs he couldn't figure out him self in next few years.He lost in QF from Courier next year and said after that he was not disappointed felt relieved that the pressure to defend his title was no longer on him. This led to widespread criticism, which included disparaging remarks from Courier and Jimmy Connors.Yesterday Federers remark on Novak-Rafa semi was that "he did what Novak failed to do day before" , or something in that line, and I am sure that Novak will respond to this, on court when they meet again.
Back to Sampras, next year he lost USO final from Edberg and he said after that was turning point in his career, "the wake-up call" , that loss.It pushed him to think about himself, to work harder, to improve him self physically and as a player and to make himself #1.

I am sure Novak will look at this match as his turning point and take positives from it.Physically he was there, after playing for 3 straight weeks he didn't looked exhausted or tired even after grueling 4 hours against Nadal on clay.That's strong evidence that his fitness is coming along finaly.He had tough year behind him, with his family issues and younger brothers being sick for months (he mentioned that in his interview on RTS) and he bounced back and found his game again and, at least for me, he looks like a better player than he was last year in AO and that's very encouraging.He must keep this intensity and push him self a bit more and we will see some good things in coming months.Maybe even in this upcoming RG.
Keep your head up Novak and everything will be fine.

Running:Free
05-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Madrid SF might be one for Novak and I am certain that he will bounce back even stronger.

*Fingers crossed*

:yeah:

Noleta, GL :rocker2:

Rose, ellen :hug: Remember to take those hugs (plus, photographic evidence) from him :D

shuhrat
05-19-2009, 12:44 PM
.... at least for me, he looks like a better player than he was last year in AO and that's very encouraging.He must keep this intensity and push him self a bit more and we will see some good things in coming months.Maybe even in this upcoming RG.
Great post. :worship:
I agree with you and hope you're right. :yeah:

Noleta
05-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Brilliant post Radalek:yeah: as for this comment "he did what Novak failed to do day before" , from Fed i don't think he needed to say it:sad:sounded very arrogant

*Ljubica*
05-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Great post Radelek - and nice to see you posting here on our Forum :hug: And I also agree with the fact that comment was rather "arrogant" - was disrespectful to both Novak and Nadal in my opinion :shrug:

Radalek
05-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Great post Radelek - and nice to see you posting here on our Forum :hug: And I also agree with the fact that comment was rather "arrogant" - was disrespectful to both Novak and Nadal in my opinion :shrug:

Thanks.I do read this forum often, but haven't do much posting till now:).
That comment was really...way out of line.I found my self losing respect for Roger more and more as time goes by.Someone said recently that it was easy for him to be nice when he was winning left and right, but he isn't anymore and we can see the result...

*Ljubica*
05-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks.I do read this forum often, but haven't do much posting till now:).
That comment was really...way out of line.I found my self losing respect for Roger more and more as time goes by.Someone said recently that it was easy for him to be nice when he was winning left and right, but he isn't anymore and we can see the result...

I totally agree with you, and have said as much here myself on other occasions. I've always had the upmost respect for Roger as a person and as a player, and I still enjoy to watch him play when he's on form, - but recently I have lost some respect for him as a person, and it makes me sad to say it. He has made an awful lot of disparaging comments - not just about Novak, but about Murray and others, and I just don't think it's professional, or in keeping with his position as an Ambassador for the Sport. I'm no fan of Nadal at all, but at least he doesn't lower himself to make such arrogant comments :shrug:

pica_pica
05-19-2009, 06:51 PM

I wanted to write something about Madrid match but couldn't, it was so emotional, was completely drained after so I can only imagine how Novak felt...There are some matches that define you, as a person and as a player.Madrid SF might be one for Novak and I am certain that he will bounce back even stronger.

I red something about Sampras and how, after becoming youngest ever USO champion in 1990 with 19 yrs he couldn't figure out him self in next few years.He lost in QF from Courier next year and said after that he was not disappointed felt relieved that the pressure to defend his title was no longer on him. This led to widespread criticism, which included disparaging remarks from Courier and Jimmy Connors.Yesterday Federers remark on Novak-Rafa semi was that "he did what Novak failed to do day before" , or something in that line, and I am sure that Novak will respond to this, on court when they meet again.
Back to Sampras, next year he lost USO final from Edberg and he said after that was turning point in his career, "the wake-up call" , that loss.It pushed him to think about himself, to work harder, to improve him self physically and as a player and to make himself #1.

I am sure Novak will look at this match as his turning point and take positives from it.Physically he was there, after playing for 3 straight weeks he didn't looked exhausted or tired even after grueling 4 hours against Nadal on clay.That's strong evidence that his fitness is coming along finaly.He had tough year behind him, with his family issues and younger brothers being sick for months (he mentioned that in his interview on RTS) and he bounced back and found his game again and, at least for me, he looks like a better player than he was last year in AO and that's very encouraging.He must keep this intensity and push him self a bit more and we will see some good things in coming months.Maybe even in this upcoming RG.
:) Thanks very much for the post.
Nole will only become better and better. To be honest, his physical strength in this clay season amazes me. He's playing quite a lot of doubles at the same time in MC and Madrid but still play quality singles matches. He can stay strong with muscle man Nadal for 4 hours and empty Rafa's tank for the final. It proves something, right? He's trusting his body and strength more and is not afraid to go for lengths. He's no longer losing a final set 1-6 or 2-6. This, is progress.

Lee
05-19-2009, 07:16 PM

Thanks for your great post :yeah:

cocrcici
05-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks for your great post :yeah:

:)

Alex999
05-20-2009, 04:23 AM
I had a dream. Nole won RG. Dreams do come through :-).

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 05:21 AM

Hi Alex :wavey: Strangely I had exactly that same dream a couple of nights ago - so maybe someone is trying to tell us something :D

ellewoods
05-20-2009, 09:42 AM

Hi Alex :wavey: Strangely I had exactly that same dream a couple of nights ago - so maybe someone is trying to tell us something :D

:bounce: encouraging dreams! I like :yeah:

pica_pica
05-20-2009, 09:47 AM
:lol: I remember somebody posts in GM a couple of weeks before that he/she saw Novak winning the final 3-2 in his/her dream :lol:

Vibes from the future?

ellen_
05-20-2009, 09:50 AM
I've had a dream too. I was at a tournament, there was grass on the courts but we were walking on clay. Troicki was playing football and there was a flag of Malta.

You see, mine obviously makes less sense :shrug: :awww:

Noleta
05-20-2009, 12:31 PM
You are not the only ones who had a dream:lol:

I dreamed of watching Novak on Wimbledon

“Investing into Novak was never going to bring uncertainty. He was the best pioneer- and junior-level tennis player of all time in Europe. Everyone knew he would become a great player,” says Srdjan Djokovic, the father of Serbia’s finest tennis player, in his interview for NIN.

Speaking of Novak’s rise, family life and career aims of his 22-year-old tennis star eldest son, Srdjan Djokovic reveals the details of how the family had decided to dedicate themselves to Novak’s professional career.
- “When our Novak was 10, we as a family decided to devote ourselves to his career. Bearing in mind we are Serbian and knowing this country would be the only place we would live in, we accepted to fight for his career in the local backdrop. My wife worked for 17 years in a store on Kopaonik mountain that supported Novak and the entire family,” said Srdjan Djokovic.
As for the world’s number four tennis player, many had predicted a bright career when Novak was only at the early age of 6.
- “I wasn’t fanatical and invested in Novak without any sound basis. Ever since he was six, when he started training tennis in Jelena Gencic’s camp, we knew a great career was ahead of him. To be more specific, it wasn’t us who knew it, but all the relevant people of this sport both domestically and abroad knew it. Together with my friends I used to dream of sitting together with my family in a Wimbledon or Roland Garros box, watching my son play in the final and lifting the trophy and twenty-odd thousand people cheering in the stands. That dream has come true,” said Srdjan Djokovic in his interview in the latest edition of NIN magazine.

http://www.blic.rs/sports.php?id=4461

arm
05-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I finally have strengths to remmeber that there is still one more clay tournament to play. :rolls: :o

You go, Nole :rocker2: Impossible is nothing. :bounce: :hug:

cocrcici
05-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Dreamed Dream;)

Alex999
05-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Mutter - Karajan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2QwAZEGA8A

Nole you can do it.

pica_pica
05-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Mutter - Karajan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2QwAZEGA8A

Nole you can do it.
:hearts: that piece
especially like mov2

Magenta
05-21-2009, 01:51 PM
I used to dream of sitting together with my family in a Wimbledon or Roland Garros box, watching my son play in the final and lifting the trophy and twenty-odd thousand people cheering in the stands. That dream has come true,” said Srdjan Djokovic in his interview in the latest edition of NIN magazine.

http://www.blic.rs/sports.php?id=4461

I believe that dream is yet to be realised. Perhaps this French Open ;) AJDE!!

arm
05-21-2009, 05:33 PM
I have this feeling that Nole is going to be on Roger's side. :bounce:

pica_pica
05-21-2009, 06:20 PM
I hope Ana will do her job properly :lol:

Noleta
05-21-2009, 06:23 PM

Ana won't dare upset him on his birthday:p is it tomorrow:confused:

shuhrat
05-21-2009, 06:24 PM
2008 winner Ana Ivanovic had her first practice on Thursday on court No1, while fellow Serbian Grand Slam winner Novak Djokovic was out on Philippe Chatrier court late in the afternoon. ... from Live from Roland Garros (IV) (http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2009-05-21/200905211242922393234.html)

Follow the draw live (http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2009-05-21/200905211242922065296.html)
See the names come out one by one as you follow the draw for the 2009 French Open, live 11.30 am (CET) on Friday on www.rolandgarros.com (http://www.rolandgarros.com/) !

pica_pica
05-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Ana won't dare upset him on his birthday:p is it tomorrow:confused:
Yes......he turns 22 tmr!

Noleta
05-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Yes......he turns 22 tmr!

No ididn't mean that i was talking about the draw:lol: i never forget his birthday:eek:

pica_pica
05-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Everyone remembers to follow the draw live!!!! :bounce:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2009-05-21/200905211242922065296.html

I won't be near any connection though. I will rely on Steph to tell me everything on the phone :devil: :p ;)

pica_pica
05-21-2009, 06:34 PM
No ididn't mean that i was taking about the draw:lol: i never forget his birthday:eek:
Yes, tmr paris time 11:30am

Noleta
05-21-2009, 06:34 PM
from Live from Roland Garros (IV) (http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2009-05-21/200905211242922393234.html)

Fingerscrossed he'll have a good draw:worship: guys will he be seeded 3rd or 4th:scratch:

pica_pica
05-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Just watched the 30min long preview video on RG homepage....pretty good stuff

arm
05-21-2009, 08:03 PM
I will be at the hospital learning :bigcry:.

pica_pica
05-21-2009, 08:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/flash/perfectclayplayer
I find this quite interesting.
Yes, I agree with the backhand, mental, volley, intangibles, endurance and speed aspects.

Noleta
05-21-2009, 11:13 PM
I will be at the hospital learning :bigcry:.

What tomorrow:hug:

Radalek
05-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Getting nervous...French people are late as usual and I think they'll do women draw first...

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Getting nervous...French people are late as usual and I think they'll do women draw first...

Womens' Draw is just up now - so not long to wait. It just seemed to appear though - so no actual draw to watch :shrug:

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Good news - Novak in Federer's half.

Bad news - 1st round against Lapentti - one of the trickiest and most experienced clay courters out there :rolleyes: Plus I can't deny I cannot stand Lapentti - he bores me stupid and I do not want to have to watch him :spit:

Tristanslav
05-22-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't see Lappenti being a problem for Novak on his current form. He'd have probably wanted an easier one, but it's really not that bad. And, other than that, it's a decent draw. Dabul or a qualifier in round two, Kolschreiber 3, probably Robredo round 4 (again, not easy, but i think Novak will come through it)and then Tsonga or Del Potro in the quarters. Pretty much every round, he's avoided worst case scenario there. And, as you say, the key is that he's in Federers half. Murray's got a b*stard draw btw.

Radalek
05-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Good news - Novak in Federer's half.

Bad news - 1st round against Lapentti - one of the trickiest and most experienced clay courters out there :rolleyes: Plus I can't deny I cannot stand Lapentti - he bores me stupid and I do not want to have to watch him :spit:

I actually don't have any problems with tricky one in first round...I would like to see him with max focus right from the start, will make it easier for him in my opinion...And it's not like Novak could be in any danger from Lapentti unless he plays with less than 30%...When he gets "easy" ones in first rounds he tends to take it slowly and doing in it in more time than needed and thus losing energy he'll need for second week...

Jelena_78
05-22-2009, 10:21 AM
1) Lapentti
2) Dabul-qualifier
3) Ljubicic, J.C.Ferrero, Kohlschreiber, Tomic
4) Robredo, Fish, Seppi...
QF) DelPotro, Tsonga, Andreev, Bagi, Dima...may I put Troicki :D :lol: (optimistic :rolleyes: )
1/2 Federer, Roddick, Berdych, PHM
F Nadal, Murray, Gonzo

Ajde Nole!!!

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I actually don't have any problems with tricky one in first round...I would like to see him with max focus right from the start, will make it easier for him in my opinion...And it's not like Novak could be in any danger from Lapentti unless he plays with less than 30%...When he gets "easy" ones in first rounds he tends to take it slowly and doing in it in more time than needed and thus losing energy he'll need for second week...

I don't see Lappenti being a problem for Novak on his current form. He'd have probably wanted an easier one, but it's really not that bad. And, other than that, it's a decent draw. Dabul or a qualifier in round two, Kolschreiber 3, probably Robredo round 4 (again, not easy, but i think Novak will come through it)and then Tsonga or Del Potro in the quarters. Pretty much every round, he's avoided worst case scenario there. And, as you say, the key is that he's in Federers half. Murray's got a b*stard draw btw.

Hope you're both right. I'm probably just being selfish as I have a particular dislike of Lapentti - I find his play so boring :yawn: and I've always struggled to keep awake during his matches :o Trust Novak will do enough to keep me awake this time :)

Agree about Murray - he has a bad draw, especially if the rumurs are true that he's not fully fit.

Tristanslav
05-22-2009, 10:25 AM
:)1) Lapentti
2) Dabul-qualifier
3) Ljubicic, J.C.Ferrero, Kohlschreiber, Tomic
4) Robredo, Fish, Seppi...
QF) DelPotro, Tsonga, Andreev, Bagi, Dima...may I put Troicki :D :lol: (optimistic :rolleyes: )
1/2 Federer, Roddick, Berdych, PHM
F Nadal, Murray, Gonzo

I'd love to say you could put Troicki, but i can't see it ;)

But you forgot to put Janko in the final......:):p:p:):)

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 10:27 AM
:)

I'd love to say you could put Troicki, but i can't see it ;)

I fear for Janko even getting through the 1st round - Montanes is tricky on clay. :unsure:

Oh my - I se this trip of mine to Paris is going to be VERY stressful :unsure:

Jelena_78
05-22-2009, 10:28 AM

Oh Jelena :banghead:
silly me :rolls:

:hug:

Jelena_78
05-22-2009, 10:30 AM
I fear for Janko even getting through the 1st round - Montanes is tricky on clay. :unsure:

Oh my - I se this trip of mine to Paris is ging to be VERY stressful :unsure:

Relax and be positive :)
You're gonna have a wonderful time! No stress :p Nole will do that for you ;)
Everything's gonna be fine :hug:

Tristanslav
05-22-2009, 10:33 AM

Oh my - I se this trip of mine to Paris is going to be VERY stressful :unsure:

Fear not Ljubica, fear not.....

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/3/en/players/headtohead/default.asp?playernum1=T742&playernum2=M824

See....he won the most recent one ;)

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Relax and be positive :)
You're gonna have a wonderful time! No stress :p Nole will do that for you ;)
Everything's gonna be fine :hug:

:hug: You know that doesn't come so easy for me where "my" players are concerned - I am always :unsure: But I will do my best :D

Fear not Ljubica, fear not.....

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/3/en/players/headtohead/default.asp?playernum1=T742&playernum2=M824

See....he won the most recent one ;)

l'll try. But as I said to Jelena, I am always :eek: I think "pessimism" is my middle name :o

kalisita
05-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Glad he's in Fed's half. Couple of tricky opponents on clay but not the worst draw. Adje Nole!

pica_pica
05-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Not a bad draw at all. For once, he's not in Nadal's half.

Running:Free
05-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Yesssss. Fed's draw, finally :woohoo: :D

*goes to look at draw*

Stephie Cesc
05-22-2009, 12:55 PM
The draw is not so bad :D We have faith in him :hug: Ajde Nole :yippee:

Lee
05-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Good luck Nole :dance:

:lol: Stephie's new avy. He's soooooo cute. :hearts:

Lee
05-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Finally peep at the draw sheet. IMO, Federer has the most cakewalk quarter :p

Noleta
05-22-2009, 03:02 PM
So Ana gave Novak a great birthday present:pi think the real work starts the second week for Novak if he gets that far:pwhich he will:Dsome tricky opponents along the way always good to test him and then he'll face Fed in the semi:scared:really not looking forward to that match there's always something during theire matches we don't see them both at theire best:scratch:don't know how to explain it really:scratch:and Fed's confidence will be high after winning Madrid so i can't see Novak beating him:sobbing: i so wish i'm wrong:bigcry:

Good luck Novak

Noleta
05-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Finally peep at the draw sheet. IMO, Federer has the most cakewalk quarter :p

What does it mean:o

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 03:05 PM
What does it mean:o

"Cakewalk draw" = easy draw :) It's just a slang expression.

Noleta
05-22-2009, 03:20 PM
"Cakewalk draw" = easy draw :) It's just a slang expression.

Oh thanks must've been a silly question from me:smash::rolleyes:

Looks like Murray is hiding something he practiced in court 4 far from any camera's:confused:

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Oh thanks must've been a silly question from me:smash::rolleyes:

Looks like Murray is hiding something he practiced in court 4 far from any camera's:confused:

No - not silly at all :hug: I most certainly wouldn't recognise slang expressions in Flemish or French - so why should you know English ones? :shrug:

Noleta
05-22-2009, 03:51 PM
No - not silly at all :hug: I most certainly wouldn't recognise slang expressions in Flemish or French - so why should you know English ones? :shrug:

pica_pica
05-22-2009, 03:53 PM
So Ana gave Novak a great birthday present:pi think the real work starts the second week for Novak if he gets that far:pwhich he will:Dsome tricky opponents along the way always good to test him and then he'll face Fed in the semi:scared:really not looking forward to that match there's always something during theire matches we don't see them both at theire best:scratch:don't know how to explain it really:scratch:and Fed's confidence will be high after winning Madrid so i can't see Novak beating him:sobbing: i so wish i'm wrong:bigcry:

Good luck Novak
Same opinion here. Fed-Nole match-up, one can always feel something not too right there.

ellewoods
05-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Omg I am soooo pleased he landed in Fed's draw. :worship: Ana!!

I was snuggling up in bed before I realised I hadnt checked the draws yet and so scrambled out of my covers to check :lol: Me, obsessed? Never!

PS Happy birthday Nole :)

Noleta
05-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Omg I am soooo pleased he landed in Fed's draw. :worship: Ana!!

I was snuggling up in bed before I realised I hadnt checked the draws yet and so scrambled out of my covers to check :lol: Me, obsessed? Never!

PS Happy birthday Nole :)

What obsession:confused:we don't know that word here:p

L'equipe has named Novak the outsider for RG this year:Dtalk about the bad start he had this year but on his least favourite surface he's the second best player on clay behind the king Nadal the footages is from last year thoug he's practising with a Wilson raquet

http://video.lequipe.fr/video/iLyROoafM9sM.html

~Maya~
05-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Good Luck Nole in RG. Him sliping to number 4 might end up as a good thing.

Noleta
05-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Good Luck Nole in RG. Him sliping to number 4 might end up as a good thing.

It's already a good thing:devil:otherwise he would've ended up in Rafa's half for the 4th year in a row:bolt:

shuhrat
05-22-2009, 06:04 PM
"The semi-final against Rafael in Madrid gave me a bit more faith that I can beat him next time. Just after the match, Carlos Moya said to me: ‘That was the best three-set clay-court match that I have ever seen’, which was a great compliment." Novak Djokovic
Thanks for the inspiring words, Moya. :awww: Hope they put the full script on the net.

~Maya~
05-22-2009, 06:06 PM
It's already a good thing:devil:otherwise he would've ended up in Rafa's half for the 4th year in a row:bolt:

Well that is what I meant. Though there is no garantee he will beat Federer.

Noleta
05-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Well that is what I meant. Though there is no garantee he will beat Federer.

Of course not:)

C.Moya was very kind to cheer him up with those words:hug:

pica_pica
05-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the inspiring words, Moya. :awww: Hope they put the full script on the net.
Thanks, Moya. I think it helps Novak to think more positively too :)
Spanish guys are always great in these aspects. They really appreciate good effort and good matches.

pica_pica
05-22-2009, 06:15 PM
“Djokovic is a difficult draw but I’m happy about it. At my age (32), going up against Djokovic on a big court is fantastic! Besides, it’s better to play him in the first round. He will probably be a little tense and he won’t have found his bearings yet. I feel fit and ready and I think I have a good chance.” Nicolas Lapentti.

Tough opener, it could be :rolleyes:

Noleta
05-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Here's a little article in the Serbian site RTS:)

Đoković se nada finalu protiv Nadala
Najbolji srpski teniser Novak Đoković spremno dočekuje početak Otvorenog prvenstva Francuske i veruje da bi u Rolan Garosu mogao da osvoji titulu pobedom u finalu protiv Rafaela Nadala.

Prvi igrač sveta na pariskoj šljaci nije izgubio nijedan meč otkako je 2005. debitovao na tom gren slem turniru, ali je prošle sedmice izgubio finale masterasa u Madridu protiv Rodžera Federera. Prethodno je u polufinalu savladao Đokovića, spasivši tri meč lopte.

"Polufinale protiv Rafe u Madridu uverilo me je da bih mogao da ga pobedim u narednom meču", rekao je Đoković, koji je prethodne dve godine gubio od Španca u polufinalu Rolan Garosa. Ovog puta njih dvojica nisu u istoj polovini žreba, pa bi mogli da se sastanu tek u finalu. Pre toga, Đoković bi morao da pobedi Federera.

"Znam koliko će biti teško trijumfovati na ovom turniru, ali ohrabren sam činjenicom da ove sezone protiv Nadala na šljaci iz meča u meč igram sve bolje i sve sam bliži pobedi. Poslednji put nedostajao mi je jedan poen. Bez obzira na poraz i daje sam uveren da je to bio moj najbolji meč protiv Rafe na šljaci", rekao je Đoković.
http://www.rts.rs/page/sport/sr/story/38/Tenis/63141/%C4%90okovi%C4%87+protiv+Lapentija+na+startu+Rolan +Garosa.html

pica_pica
05-22-2009, 06:54 PM
I like how people underestimated Novak again and again. Novak can always prove them wrong.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/features/bracket?id=4199161
No offense to Tandon though. His draw is not all impossible.

Noleta
05-22-2009, 07:01 PM
I like how people underestimated Novak again and again. Novak can always prove them wrong.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/features/bracket?id=4199161
No offense to Tandon though. His draw is not all impossible.

The more they underestimate him the less pressure he'll be under:cool:

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 07:43 PM
"The semi-final against Rafael in Madrid gave me a bit more faith that I can beat him next time. Just after the match, Carlos Moya said to me: ‘That was the best three-set clay-court match that I have ever seen’, which was a great compliment." Novak Djokovic

Lapentti :unsure: :spit: :help: I am not "with calm" about this encounter :tears:

pica_pica
05-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Pete is optimistic in Novak, but his bracket seems even crazier.
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2009/05/mens-roland-garros-preview.html

arm
05-22-2009, 09:23 PM
I told you so :shrug:

Nole is going to do great things in Paris :D :bounce:

Noleta
05-22-2009, 09:51 PM
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2009/05/mens-roland-garros-preview.html

lol that's a very ambitious final 4:spit:

ellewoods
05-23-2009, 03:40 AM
lol that's a very ambitious final 4:spit:

:lol: I know hey? Bodo :rolleyes:

Lee
05-23-2009, 04:43 AM

I don't even need to read beyond Nadal's quarter to know this guy is :retard: or just trying to be controversial :shrug: And there's a reason I don't like Peter Bodo because most of the time, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

1. Picking Nicolas Kiefer and Ernest Gulbis as possible threat (even slight). Does he know these guys don't like clay?
2. Nicolas Almagro as dark horse. :rolls: I doubt Peter has follow tennis, other than the top 4, since the beginning of clay season. Plus, he doesn't know Nico is usually too busy worshipping Nadal on the other side of the net to play tennis. (And I am a fan of Mucho)
3. Think Montańes can ambush Murray. OK, Montańes is great on clay while Murray is not but Murray is still too good a player to lost to Montańes. :p
4. Tsonga on clay. :rolleyes: Look at his record on clay this year. I would really love to have Nole to play vs Tsonga on clay, unfortunately, Tsonga doesn't show up at all, otherwise, Nole will even out their H2H. And Tsonga has close to zero chance vs Del Potro.
5. I don't know why Peter thinks PHM's case of Mauresmo disease seems fairly mild, may be because he chokes everywhere, not just in Roland Garros?

mlove
05-23-2009, 05:06 AM
Ajde Nole!! I can't wait for it all to begin already!

Did anyone see this yet? I saw it in Ana's forum (sorry if already posted)
from http://www.lesdessousdusport.fr/roland-garros-le-tournoi-a-deja-commence-5220

"I love You Ana"
L'inverse d'un Nadal, battu par Federer en finale du Masters 1000. "J'ai plus de contrôle de la balle qu'à Madrid. On a le sentiment que la balle reste plus dans la raquette. Selon moi, c'est plus facile à contrôler ici" explique le Majorquin qui s'est entraîné pendant une heure sur le court Philippe Chatrier ce midi. Juste avant Ana Ivanovic. Novak Djokovic passant dans les tribunes a hurlé un magnifique "I love you Ana" puis s'est rendu en salle de presse.

google translation:
"I love you Ana"

The inverse of a Nadal, beaten by Federer in the finals of the 1000 Masters. "I have more control of the ball than in Madrid. It was the feeling that the ball remains in the racket. I think it is easier to control here," said the Majorcan who has been training for a hours on the Philippe Chatrier court this afternoon. Just before Ana Ivanovic. Novak Djokovic from the stands in a magnificent yelled "I love you Ana" then went to the press room.

...and so he should! I assume this was after the draw :rolls::haha:
Ana :inlove: I hope she does well too!

carlhiro
05-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Ajde Nole!! I can't wait for it all to begin already!

Did anyone see this yet? I saw it in Ana's forum (sorry if already posted)
from http://www.lesdessousdusport.fr/roland-garros-le-tournoi-a-deja-commence-5220

google translation:

...and so he should! I assume this was after the draw :rolls::haha:
Ana :inlove: I hope she does well too!

I love the story.

Anyways, now that he's in Federer's half, a Grand Slam final is the next thing to ask for. If that happens, then I can ask for a win.

One wish at a time. :)

AJDE NOLE! :devil::devil:

pica_pica
05-23-2009, 12:59 PM
:haha: :lol: :rolls: What a reaction! Another surprising but hilarious reaction from Nole! :haha:
:rolleyes: Now Nole, match by match. Stop getting too excited, it's still looooong way to the semis. Though I really like how expressive and brave he is to come up with "I love you Ana" :rolls:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-frenchopen-notebook&prov=ap&type=lgns

DJOKOVIC’S LUCK:@ Between them, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have won 15 of the past 16 Grand Slam singles titles heading into this French Open.

The one exception in that span? Novak Djokovic’s 2008 Australian Open championship.

You can count Djokovic among those current pros who wouldn’t have minded if that particular pair of superstars had been born in a different era.

“Well, who knows what will happen,” Djokovic said, “but it certainly would make my life a little bit easier.”

Noleta
05-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Quote:
"I love you Ana"

The inverse of a Nadal, beaten by Federer in the finals of the 1000 Masters. "I have more control of the ball than in Madrid. It was the feeling that the ball remains in the racket. I think it is easier to control here," said the Majorcan who has been training for a hours on the Philippe Chatrier court this afternoon. Just before Ana Ivanovic. Novak Djokovic from the stands in a magnificent yelled "I love you Ana" then went to the press room.

Oh Nole:haha: did he say it in english too:rolls:

No Novak tomorrow so his match will be on monday i suppose:shrug:

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Brian Dabul who is most likely going to be nole's 2nd round opponent just beat nadal in an exhibition match 7-5:eek: i know nadal probably wasn't giving it much but still nadal playing at 2 per cent and its still tough to hang with him:unsure:.I hope this was a freak one off and he dutifully folds against nole;)

arm
05-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Oh Gosh, I can see I will not be watching Nole's R1 match. In the morning I'll be on the bus going back to Coimbra - 4 hour drive :spit: - and I have classes from 2pm to 6 pm, which means unless Nole plays after 6:30pm, no way i can watch him. :shouts:

Why couldn't he play tomorrow instead? :shrug::mad:

arm
05-23-2009, 05:45 PM
And Amber, no worries. ;)

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 06:13 PM
And Amber, no worries. ;)
My name is actually Ellen but i thought it would cause too much confusion around here so you can call me Amber:)

*Slowly crawling towards my 100th post*

Noleta
05-23-2009, 06:20 PM
My name is actually Ellen but i thought it would cause too much confusion around here so you can call me Amber:)

9 to go:p wow so many ellen's on here:lol:

shuhrat
05-23-2009, 06:23 PM
He may play on Monday or Tuesday since 1st round matchs are scheduled for three days.

arm
05-23-2009, 06:34 PM

You should post more often. :hug:

And that is right Hanna! I totally forgot this is a GS: :bounce:

Noleta
05-23-2009, 06:36 PM
He may play on Monday or Tuesday since 1st round matchs are scheduled for three days.

Thanks didn't realise that:o is he in the bottom or top half:scratch:

arm
05-23-2009, 06:38 PM
He is in Roger's side, that all that matters. :nerner: But I think it's bottom half. ;)

Noleta
05-23-2009, 06:43 PM
He is in Roger's side, that all that matters. :nerner: But I think it's bottom half. ;)

Does the bottom half have less days to recover than the top one i don't know but i thought one half plays 4 matches in six days:scratch:

arm
05-23-2009, 06:54 PM
:shrug:

shuhrat
05-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Does the bottom half have less days to recover than the top one i don't know but i thought one half plays 4 matches in six days:scratch:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/about/schedule.html
You can see the tournament schedule here. ;)
and yes, top half will have one more day of rest between QF & SF if it goes well without any significant delay.

Lee
05-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Raquel, your countryman will be playing on Sunday. 4th match on court 3. ;)

arm
05-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I know :bounce: He stands no chance against Ferrer, though. :awww: He was unlucky. :hug:

Lee
05-23-2009, 07:14 PM
I know :bounce: He stands no chance against Ferrer, though. :awww: He was unlucky. :hug:

One can always wish AND cheer!!!

And Canadian Polansky qualified into the main draw. :dance: Too bad he's not on a TV court so won't be able to see him play :awww:

arm
05-23-2009, 07:33 PM
One can always wish AND cheer!!!

And Canadian Polansky qualified into the main draw. :dance: Too bad he's not on a TV court so won't be able to see him play :awww:

You know me and optimism always had a great relationship. ;) :bounce:

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 07:35 PM
You should post more often. :hug:

And that is right Hanna! I totally forgot this is a GS: :bounce:
I know i should but i'm just so snowed under with exams right now.This is the final week though thank God:bowdown:

arm
05-23-2009, 07:42 PM
I know i should but i'm just so snowed under with exams right now.This is the final week though thank God:bowdown:

:hug: What's up for next year? University? Or do you still have one more high school year to finish?

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Evening Possums :bounce: Really looking forward to RG.

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 07:56 PM
:hug: What's up for next year? University? Or do you still have one more high school year to finish?
I still have one year left in high school,then uni,my brother and sister are already in university so i don't get to see them much anymore:sad: but they're coming home for a few weeks in summer:D

They're coming home to watch the french and Wimby with me:lol:

arm
05-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Me too :bounce:

I miss Nole :inlove: Last time I saw him I was standing like 40 metres from him. :inlove: (Yes, I did buy those tickets at the top of the stadium aka the cheapest one :rolls:)

arm
05-23-2009, 07:59 PM
I still have one year left in high school,then uni,my brother and sister are already in university so i don't get to see them much anymore:sad: but they're coming home for a few weeks in summer:D

They're coming home to watch the french and Wimby with me:lol:

And what are you planning on studying? :bounce:

How far from Dublin is the place where you live?

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 08:01 PM
I see - it's 'Let's make Herdwick feel ancient night' again :sad:

arm
05-23-2009, 08:04 PM
I see - it's 'Let's make Herdwick feel ancient night' again :sad:

:rolls: I know you like reading our young stuff related posts. :nerner: Don't you? Yoy sybarite elderly woman? :rolls:

*runs away to hide in the corner, Herdwick will not react well when she reads the word "elderly"* :bolt:

:rolls:

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 08:08 PM
*Knits furiously while sipping Complan*

Age discrimination is illegal under EU law you know.:angel:

arm
05-23-2009, 08:10 PM
*Knits furiously while sipping Complan*

Age discrimination is illegal under EU law you know.:angel:

*wonders if it's safe to come back* :unsure:

Young people are usually discriminated as well. :awww: I have been so many times. People look at me and think I am 13 years old and act like they don't owe me any respect. :shrug: I am used to it though. :(

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 08:13 PM
And what are you planning on studying? :bounce:

How far from Dublin is the place where you live?
I'm hoping to study dentistry:),I live in Limerick which is about a 4 hour drive from Dublin(just 2 hours by train)The main universities are in Dublin and Cork,my brother and sister are already going to Cork so i'll probably go there too

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 08:17 PM
And you're guaranteed to grow out of it :rolls:.

Remember it's all downhill for me now :sad: Ah well - be dead soon.

arm
05-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm hoping to study dentistry:),I live in Limerick which is about a 4 hour drive from Dublin(just 2 hours by train)The main universities are in Dublin and Cork,my brother and sister are already going to Cork so i'll probably go there too

And you're guaranteed to grow out of it :rolls:.

Remember it's all downhill for me now :sad: Ah well - be dead soon.

:rolls: You know, lurkers may think your in your 70ies or 8ies when they read your posts. :rolls: :silly: :nerner:

When I went to Madrid, in Porto's airport, when I was passing security they asked where my parents were to ask for permition to check my body for any weapons, etc... :rolls: When I told them I was 18 and travelling by myself they asked for ID. :o

Ellen, dentistry should be fun. :bounce: I am at medical school and I knwo a few people studying dentistry and they like it very much. :)

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 08:38 PM
:rolls: You know, lurkers may think your in your 70ies or 8ies when they read your posts. :rolls: :silly: :nerner:

When I went to Madrid, in Porto's airport, when I was passing security they asked where my parents were to ask for permition to check my body for any weapons, etc... :rolls: When I told them I was 18 and travelling by myself they asked for ID. :o

Ellen, dentistry should be fun. :bounce: I am at medical school and I knwo a few people studying dentistry and they like it very much. :)
:hug: Hope so:)Just to make Herwick feel even more of an artefact:p who's the youngest member on here?,i'm surely in the running:nerner:

arm
05-23-2009, 08:41 PM
I think you are the one. :p

I really was not happy to be dethroned by you and Maria. :explode:

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 08:42 PM
:nerner: Think we identified a 16 year old at one point but can't remember its name

But we know Nole appreciates the discerning (slightly) older woman :devil:

BGT on all week live :woohoo: JP is threatening to slit his wrists.

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 08:50 PM
:nerner: Think we identified a 16 year old at one point but can't remember its name

But we know Nole appreciates the discerning (slightly) older woman :devil:

BGT on all week live :woohoo: JP is threatening to slit his wrists.
I'm 16,that was probably me you identified a while back:nerner:I vaguely remember having the pleasure of dethroning Raquel when i had a lot fewer posts
And don't you think "slightly" is pushing it just a tad:p

*2 more to go*

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 08:56 PM
:haha: I shall change my name to 'The Artefact'.

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 09:09 PM
:haha: I shall change my name to 'The Artefact'.
Yes, that mightn't be a bad idea just so that any possible visitors would be left under no illusions as to who the desirable young ladies are around here:p

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Oh I never let my age get me down. I might find it too hard to get back up.;)

I shall now go and immerse my ancient carcass in a hot bath :wavey:

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 09:38 PM
:wavey:

arm
05-23-2009, 09:39 PM
JP :hug: Be strong! You can handle all the BGT thging! :bounce:

Going out :wavey:

Ellen :woohoo: 100 posts!

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 09:45 PM
JP :hug: Be strong! You can handle all the BGT thging! :bounce:

Going out :wavey:

Ellen :woohoo: 100 posts!
:haha:After all my talking about it i never even noticed my 100th post
Seems kind of stupid celebrating my 103 but what the hell:woohoo:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

njnetswill
05-23-2009, 11:19 PM
There are probably better places to ask but does anyone know where I can find a RG livestream that is not ESPN360.com and not betfair? Thanks. :wavey:

Noleta
05-23-2009, 11:22 PM
:haha:After all my talking about it i never even noticed my 100th post
Seems kind of stupid celebrating my 103 but what the hell:woohoo:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

:woohoo::bounce:well done now into the 1000ts posts:p

kalisita
05-23-2009, 11:44 PM
There are probably better places to ask but does anyone know where I can find a RG livestream that is not ESPN360.com and not betfair? Thanks. :wavey:

Tennischannel.com is supposed to stream live matches. I think this is the first year they're doing this. You have to register. I don't know if it'll work well or not but I'm hoping. :)

http://www.tennis-channel.tv/tennis/

fashion
05-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Good luck Nole in RG!

arm
05-24-2009, 09:52 AM
"No2 seed Roger Federer faces some tough ties in the opening week with clay specialists Alberto Martin and Jose Acasuso lying in wait in the opening two rounds. He will be pleased however to have avoided his current bęte noire Andy Murray, with the Scottish No3 in the “Nadal” half of the draw. Murray will also face an adept of the red brick in the shape of Juan Ignacio Chela in the first round, and still needs to prove himself on this, the slowest of surfaces, particularly over five sets."

Too good. :haha: Roger surelly does prefer to face Nole on clat than Murray. :shrug::rolls:

Masha91
05-24-2009, 11:24 AM
:lol:

Bonne chance Nole!

arm
05-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Maria! Havent seen you in ages! :hug:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Would be nice if Hewitt could get this set.

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 11:55 AM
:bounce: And he does!

Bastard bloody Eurosport have left the Hewitt match for Safin :explode:

Masha91
05-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Maria! Havent seen you in ages! :hug:

Hi, I've had so much university work to do and still heaps to go, darn :lol: :hug:

Masha91
05-24-2009, 12:42 PM
:bounce: And he does!

Bastard bloody Eurosport have left the Hewitt match for Safin :explode:

Have they switched it back yet? Obviously, they're showing him here :lol:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 12:51 PM
No!

Am reduced to the scoreboard....how's he looking?

Edit - atdhe.net now with the Hewitt stream!

Masha91
05-24-2009, 12:53 PM
No!

Am reduced to the scoreboard....how's he looking?

Quite well, got the break! :D

He's made some nice passing shots too, stretching Ivo out.

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 01:13 PM
:bounce: Great stuff - really pleased!

Masha91
05-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Me too, love his fighting spirit!

arm
05-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Hewitt :inlove: :bigclap:

Noleta
05-24-2009, 02:13 PM
It's burning hot in Paris even Verdasco needs ice bags:eek:oh Novak:scared:

arm
05-24-2009, 02:21 PM
No worrying before matches :nerner:

Noleta
05-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Both Nadal and Federe play on monday so Novak will deffinately play on tuesday:)

arm
05-24-2009, 02:46 PM
:bounce:

pica_pica
05-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh.....no Novak still on Monday....he starts the latest then :shrug:
More practise!!! Don't be lazy, Novaaaaaak! :)

amdany
05-24-2009, 02:56 PM
It's burning hot in Paris even Verdasco needs ice bags:eek:oh Novak:scared:

tomorrow it will be even worse apparently :eek: more than 30°C

Noleta
05-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh.....no Novak still on Monday....he starts the latest then :shrug:
More practise!!! Don't be lazy, Novaaaaaak! :)

They said on Eurosport he will be on tuesday:confused:

tomorrow it will be even worse apparently :eek: more than 30°C

Oh boy:bolt:

Will Novak wear the blue and yellow outfit for RG:scratch:

shuhrat
05-24-2009, 03:11 PM
I want to see Nole tomorrow. :bigcry:

They say he will wear the same blue shirts, nothting special.

arm
05-24-2009, 03:12 PM
That a good question, whuch outfit will he show us during RG? :hearts:

pica_pica
05-24-2009, 03:14 PM
I hope it's the same blue shirts and shoes.....I :hearts: that color on him....and I think it brings the best out of him, mojo-wise & people's impression-wise

Noleta
05-24-2009, 03:14 PM
I want to see Nole tomorrow. :bigcry:

They say he will wear the same blue shirts, nothting special.

Me too but it's going to be 30c tomorrow so maybe better not:p he was wearing yellow in the adidas video about yoga:confused:

Noleta
05-24-2009, 03:16 PM
That a good question, whuch outfit will he show us during RG? :hearts:

A see through outfit will do the business:devil: oh those British they can't stfu about Murray:spit:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:17 PM
And he hasn't even started yet...:rolleyes:

Gillou doing better now :hug:

Getting a bit sick of the blue tbh - something else would have been nice before the all-white diktat for Wimby.

Apparently Rafa will be respendent in raspberry sorbet pink :inlove:

shuhrat
05-24-2009, 03:17 PM
If they didn't change the plan..

Lee
05-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Tennis Channel adopted the :retard: scheduling of ESPN. After showing the first set of Simon/Odesnik, it showed Kendrick/Brand :tape: and then Petrova/Embree. :banghead:

Glad that I have interactive for 5 courts :p

Lee
05-24-2009, 03:21 PM

Getting a bit sick of the blue tbh - something else would have been nice before the all-white diktat for Wimby.

I saw a pic of him with that shirt. REAL MEN WEARING HOT PINK! :yeah:

:woohoo: Simon back to a good pusher :lol:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:21 PM
How about grass season? What will he bring us? :bounce:

Gilles :bounce:

Noleta
05-24-2009, 03:22 PM

Maybe he will have a special outfit for Londen:)i like the blue it suites him:D

amdany
05-24-2009, 03:22 PM

apparently from what I heard earlier this afternoon on TV, only from the QF (if he goes that far :lol::p)

shuhrat
05-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Tennis Channel adopted the :retard: scheduling of ESPN. After showing the first set of Simon/Odesnik, it showed Kendrick/Brand :tape: and then Petrova/Embree. :banghead:

Glad that I have interactive for 5 courts :p

I'm using the service on my PC too. Thank you, TTC. :hatoff::devil:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Lee! :hug: Gil :bigcry: Poor guy.. :hug:

Lee
05-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Lee! :hug: Gil :bigcry: Poor guy.. :hug:

Polansky :bigcry: At least Gil has a formidable opponent. :awww:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:26 PM

Polansky :bigcry: At least Gil has a formidable opponent. :awww:

:hug: Polansky still has a chance! :bounce: Come on!

shuhrat
05-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Don't know about the outfits but the color of shoe will be white+gold trim.
(And the dark navy+bright orage shoe is Summer season's one.)

arm
05-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Allez Gilles!

kalisita
05-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Simon having trouble closing out the 2nd set. Come on Gilles!

Broken! Hopefully he can break to take the 2nd.

arm
05-24-2009, 03:33 PM
The freakin cycling thing is neverending. :mad::fiery: Eurosport :smash. I really want to see Andykins. :mad:

Lee
05-24-2009, 03:34 PM
:banghead: Gillou!

Still has zero confidence!

arm
05-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Gil broke back!!! Vamos Gil :D

Amber Spyglass
05-24-2009, 03:39 PM
I think he'll have the same style outfit as he has now just matching those colours,last year he had all different kinds of t-shirts but this year i think its going to be the same style but different colors ,Wimby is probably going to be white with gold stripes and us black with orange stripes,i love the wimby shoes but the us ones:rolleyes:

kalisita
05-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Simon held in the end! Needs to break here.

arm
05-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Portuguese Eurosport finally showing tennis. :bounce: Showing Gilles. :D

I hope they could show Gil, but that court must not have covverage.

Lee
05-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Raquel, Gil is not on TV court. :awww:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:42 PM
And Polansky managed to win the 4th ste, Lee! :D

arm
05-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Boy, talking about Gilles and Gil at the same time is difficult. :tape::rolls:

Lee
05-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Come on Polansky! :bounce:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Boy, talking about Gilles and Gil at the same time is difficult. :tape::rolls:

Even the portuguese ES commentators are getting confused. :rolls:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:46 PM
:banana: Gil saves BP to hold his serve. :bounce:

Lee
05-24-2009, 03:48 PM
:bounce: Gilles won the 2nd set!!!

Come On Polansky! Vamos Gil! Allez Gilles!

arm
05-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Gilles :banana:

kalisita
05-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Simon takes the 2nd! :bigclap:

Lee
05-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Polansky downed a break in 5th :awww:

Go Peter Go!

arm
05-24-2009, 03:54 PM
And Polansky broke back! :D

arm
05-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Gil from 15-30 to win the service game :bigclap:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Stepanek on my TV :rolls:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Andykins in black. Sports bra not so evident today :lol:

arm
05-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Gil :bigcry:

Any stream for andykins?

carlhiro
05-24-2009, 04:03 PM
hey guys? on what time is Nole's match tomorrow?

arm
05-24-2009, 04:06 PM
He only plays on tuesday! :(

arm
05-24-2009, 04:10 PM
[/I] want to watch Andykins! :bigcry:

*Ljubica*
05-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi all :wavey: Wrote a quick report in "Perpetual Indulgence" thread - going back to tennis now; I'm glad Nole only plays Tuesday - it should be cooller then - it's way too hot here and he was suffering badly today in the heat at practice.

Bye for now from Paris :wavey:

arm
05-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Funny to think that is only the second RG I follow carefully each and every round. :tape:

arm
05-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Rosieeee!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: I'll go and read! Thanks :hug::kiss: Have fun!

pica_pica
05-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Funny to think that is only the second RG I follow carefully each and every round. :tape:
It's the first RG I watch actually.
I only become a fan of tennis last summer. ;)

Noleta
05-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi all :wavey: Wrote a quick report in "Perpetual Indulgence" thread - going back to tennis now; I'm glad Nole only plays Tuesday - it should be cooller then - it's way too hot here and he was suffering badly today in the heat at practice.

Bye for now from Paris :wavey:

Lovely report Rose from Paris:kiss: have fun:wavey:

btw i thought only Sky comentators are suffering from ott worship of Murray guess it's catching the Eurosport camp too:spit:

Lee
05-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Polansky lost :awww:

At least Gillou is finding his game.

Vamos Gil!

arm
05-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Portuguese Europsort is showing Stepanek and Gaudio instead of Gilles or Murray. :spit: They never cease to amaze me. :explode:

arm
05-24-2009, 04:18 PM
So sorry, Lee. :hug:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 04:19 PM
:wavey: Thanks Rosie; good to hear you're taking time by the forelock as always. The combination of Miljan, iced water plus the heat... Ne cede malis:devil:

Raquel - I can find no Andykins streams :sad: Is Kalisita still around - she usually comes up trumps?

carlhiro
05-24-2009, 04:23 PM
He only plays on tuesday! :(

thanks! :)

arm
05-24-2009, 04:24 PM
I went to Gm and nobody has one so far. :shrug:

Just leave it, when Steps closes this set, I think they'll change to Murray's match. Not sure, thoug... :spit: It's Eursport afteralll, they might end up changing to a WTA match. :rolls:

Thanks for trying to help :hug:

kalisita
05-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Simon up 2 sets to 1! :bounce:

Get it done in 4 Gilles! :rocker2:

Lee
05-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Murray wearing all black in this kind of weather :tape:

arm
05-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Isn't it impossible to dislike Gilles? :inlove:

Lee
05-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Very impressive from Andy!

pica_pica
05-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Isn't it impossible to dislike Gilles? :inlove:
Sure :hearts:

arm
Andykins in my tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee
Is it turning cloudy or cool in Paris? :p Odesnik changed to all black outfit too after 3rd set and broke Gillou :(

arm
05-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh no, black is so no the collour for you, Andy. :tape:

Noleta
05-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Very impressive from Andy!

Not hard when Chela is playing like that:lol:and what was he thinking wearing black in such a hot day:bolt: