Agassi tips world No.1 to match Laver's... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Agassi tips world No.1 to match Laver's...

meihaditalab
05-17-2009, 04:28 AM
Check this article out, I completely agree with Agassi:

Agassi tips world No.1 to match Laver's feat 40 years ago by taking all four grand slams in one year

ANDRE Agassi bustled through the Wimbledon grounds in that familiar pigeon-toed gait and predicted tennis fans could witness history in the making this year.
Agassi not only insists reigning champion Rafael Nadal can defend his title under the new retractable roof on Centre Court, he is convinced the world No.1 can win all four grand slams in the same year, a feat last achieved by Rod Laver in 1969.

Nadal has already won the Australian Open and begins the defence of the French Open he has won for four years in a row at Roland Garros a week tomorrow.

Agassi said: "A lot of things have to fall right. You have to be good enough to win all four and you have to get lucky.

"But I think this is the first time in a real long time we are going to have the opportunity for somebody to pull that off. If Nadal routines Paris as he has for a number of years and comes here with confidence and puts together two good weeks we could be looking at him in New York with a realistic opportunity of pulling off the unthinkable.

"When he won at Paris in his first year what he said spoke volumes about who he was. He said it was awesome to win the French Open but his dream was to win Wimbledon. People laughed and I was one of them. I never thought for a second that his game could ever translate but he executed."

And while Agassi believes Nadal is favourite, he does not rule out a first grand slam for Murray at Wimbledon at the age of 22.

Agassi said: "I don't think it is too early for him to win. I have seen him grow mentally over the last number of years.

"His US Open final against Federer was a wake-up call. He realises he expects to win now. His best surface is New York and Australia but I would be surprised if he doesn't find a way to win here."

Agassi was sitting beside Britain's Tim Henman and Belgium's Kim Clijsters and looking forward to a practice session for today's Centre Court Celebration at Wimbledon. Agassi's wife, Steffi Graf, will complete the quartet who will play a mixed doubles, a men's singles and a ladies' singles in a mini-tournament with the roof closed to test the air-conditioning system which supplies 143,000 litres of fresh air every second.

All 15,000 tickets for the event, which is being screened live on BBC2, were sold out within five minutes.

FlameOn
05-17-2009, 04:42 AM
I like Nadal but I really hope it doesn't happen. What a boring year that would be. :o

FlavorNuts
05-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Tennis would lose a lot of fans were that to happen.

Certinfy
05-17-2009, 08:08 AM

Pretty much sums up what i was going to post :)

TennisViewer531
05-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Well tennis still has a lot of fans when Federer was winning slams after slams so I don't see why this won't be the case for Nadal.

BackhandMissile
05-17-2009, 08:26 AM

You must be kidding. It would be amazing to witness the Grand Slam achieved before our very eyes.

You can be sure that if Rafa retains RG and Wimbledon then the US Open is going to get record amounts of viewership. Anyone and everyone in the tennis world is going to put down everything for 2 weeks and watch to see if it can be achieved or not.

It's going to be a real test of nerves for Nadal. First title in the USO to complete the career and calendar GS at the same time.

FlavorNuts
05-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Nadal winning the GS is a slap in the face to every true fan of the sport, seeing it dominated by a player who plays every point camped in the backhand corner waiting for his opponent to make an error.

Can you imagine anyone wanting to pick up tennis after being told that this guy was the pinnacle of the sport? Constant grunting, retrieving, moonballing.
Think of the picture it paints to have him winning all four slams. He'd scare off more potential players than Hewitt and Roddick ever did at number 1.

I'd like to see a player win all four slams some day. But that kind of responsibility belongs to a player like Federer or Nalbandian.

BackhandMissile
05-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Nadal winning the GS is a slap in the face to every true fan of the sport, seeing it dominated by a player who plays every point camped in the backhand corner waiting for his opponent to make an error.

Can you imagine anyone wanting to pick up tennis after being told that this guy was the pinnacle of the sport? Constant grunting, retrieving, moonballing.

Think of the picture it paints to have him winning all four slams. He'd scare off more potential players than Hewitt and Roddick ever did at number 1.

I'd like to see a player win all four slams some day. But that kind of responsibility belongs to a player like Federer or Nalbandian.

Players like Nadal bring something positive into the sport that wasn't always there before, and that's the physical aspect of the game. Boris Becker did it in his time, and now Nadal's doing it in this decade.

You have to look beyond the days when tennis players wore tight white shorts and had average physiques. At the moment if you go to a tennis court the average player will either be a rich retired man/woman or a skinny kid.

But the trend is slowly changing. The game is getting much more physical, as are the people playing it.

Retrieving the ball is something that requires good physical condition. You just have to look at guys like Gael Monfils, today, or Michael Chang, in the 90's.

Surely you don't prefer the future tennis stars to walk around the court and just stare desperately everytime the opponent hits the ball on the other side of the court.

Tennis is a sport, seeing the greatest fighter ever achieving such success will urge everybody to get a racquet and start playing...

Exactly.

fast_clay
05-17-2009, 10:37 AM
if agassi thinks that, he better wake the f*** up and apologise...

StanisKing
05-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Andre is old fart......

FedFan
05-17-2009, 11:05 AM

:worship:

JolánGagó
05-17-2009, 11:08 AM
I like Nadal but I really hope it doesn't happen. What a boring year that would be. :o

Pretty much sums up what i was going to post :)

Envy and stupidity, what a beautiful combination.

JolánGagó
05-17-2009, 11:09 AM

send him an email with the advise, i bet he'll follow.

FlameOn
05-17-2009, 11:14 AM

If your precious Roger was good enough to do it he would've by now. Don't hate on Rafa because he has a chance to, just because you don't like his tennis.

Byrd
05-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Andre is taking cortisone shots to his brain now?

Stephan
05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Agassi tips Nadal for Slam sweep
Andre thinks that Rafa could win all GSs in one year :)
complete story is here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8053670.stm

what do you think guys, is Rafa able to do it?
40 years after Rod Laver captured all four major titles in the same year.

Eden
05-19-2009, 09:49 PM
There's already a thread about it here on GM:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=143906

Stephan
05-19-2009, 09:50 PM
There's already a thread about it here on GM:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=143906

oops, did not see...:(

meihaditalab
05-20-2009, 12:12 AM
lol, yeah, I started this thread first !! haha

Sapeod
05-20-2009, 12:25 AM
How many duplicate threads are there on MTF? Hundreds? Thousands?

FairWeatherFan
05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
What a bandwagon jumper Agassi is. Saying that Federer is the best the game has ever seen, now overruling it, saying that Nadal will win the grand slam...

Stephan
05-20-2009, 02:02 AM
What a bandwagon jumper Agassi is. Saying that Federer is the best the game has ever seen, now overruling it, saying that Nadal will win the grand slam...

few years ago Agassi himself was Nr:1, now he is retired...:(
in 2009 Nr:1 is Rafa...
every thing is changing in time :)

Arkulari
05-20-2009, 02:26 AM
the former glories syndrome: always jumping on the current bandwagon :o

ShotmaKer
05-20-2009, 09:48 AM
few years ago Agassi himself was Nr:1, now he is retired...:(
in 2009 Nr:1 is Rafa...
every thing is changing in time :)

With all respect due to Agassi, because he thinks that it doesn't mean that's gonna happen. Last time I checked he's not a psychic. He's just throwing in a few ideas here, not to be taken too seriously IMO. Why should people make a big deal out of that? :confused:

Mimi
05-20-2009, 10:02 AM
:ras:

Sunset of Age
05-20-2009, 12:32 PM
the former glories syndrome: always jumping on the current bandwagon :o

... and thereby, becoming the ultimate jinxer for the player involved.

Remember Sampras and his 'Fed will surely win some 17-19 GS titles'? ;)

Halba
05-20-2009, 12:45 PM
nah he'll only get 2 this year. fed will get the other 2. they'll split it this yr. 2009 is when the real fed returns (on hardcourts and grass dominant)

after madrid i feel fed goat is back.

murray will be disappointing in the slams(as usual -too much pressure) and djoko will be consistent SF in all of them this year

wimbledon has some real fresh grass will suit fed's game to a T

Castafiore
05-20-2009, 01:25 PM
saying that Nadal will win the grand slam...
Read it again. ;)

He didn't say that he WILL win it.

Castafiore
05-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Remember Sampras and his 'Fed will surely win some 17-19 GS titles'? ;)
Fed is not retired so it's not out of the question yet. :p

leng jai
05-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Is Andre Agassi Fed_Fan2007's double account?

Auscon
05-20-2009, 01:40 PM

The vast majority of my friends and colleagues have little to no interest in tennis....but when they see Nadal play, he gets them talking.

Now this only really happens during the AO because it's the only time of the year when Rafa will be on their tv screens in the evening, but when they watch him play they don't see a guy camped behind the baseline, moonballing shots. The casual observer takes notice of the spectacle, not the intricacies of the game, and Rafa puts on a show. High energy, speed, noise, power.

Though they all notice the cheese digging.

the graduate
05-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Its possible but he will get injured along the way,Rafa is an achiever and is fearless he can do it if he wants to.

MacTheKnife
05-20-2009, 04:09 PM
"But I think this is the first time in a real long time we are going to have the opportunity for somebody to pull that off. If Nadal routines Paris as he has for a number of years and comes here with confidence and puts together two good weeks we could be looking at him in New York with a realistic opportunity of pulling off the unthinkable.

I think he is spot on with his opinion. Will it happen? Who knows and he does not predict that it will. He simply points out it is the first time in a long time there was a legitimate opportunity. How long has it been since the odds on fav to win RG has won the AO. Maybe Courier in 93 might have had a very slim shot, but it's been a long time. Courier did at least make the Wimby final that year, and he was coming off 2 RGs.
Of course Fed had a couple of shots, but he was not the odds on fav for RG.

DrJules
05-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Nadal has a good chance of reaching US Open having won Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon, but the US Open with "Stupid Saturday" could be a real problem. Could Nadal play a long best of 5 set match on Saturday and another on Sunday. His game is rather physically demanding and could be an issue at an event with best of 5 set matches on successive days.

Arkulari
05-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Rafa might need tons of rest and less matches if he wants to win the USO or any competition after september :shrug:
his game is too physical and his knees suffer a lot on HC :shrug:

Serenidad
05-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Nadal has the Australian.
He is a lock for the French.
He is the defending champion at Wimbledon, but I think Federer is the favorite still.

Realistically, if he wins Wimbledon I still think he will falter @ the USO due to fatigue or mental pressure. Federer never really had the headlines since the French is the 2nd slam, but can you imagine if Nadal is holding all three slams of '09 going into the USO? Even the most mentally tough man ever would have to have that on his mind each shot and on his worst surface where is he most vulnerable and worn down through the year. I don't see it happening.

gjr
05-21-2009, 07:08 AM

Nal 'fucking' banian?

Are you mad? Is this the same fat bastard who can't be arsed trying at half his matches?

vamosinator
05-21-2009, 07:19 AM
Agassi should commentate, he'd be way more interesting/brainier than Mac thats for darn freakin christ sure.

FedFan_2007
05-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Is Andre Agassi Fed_Fan2007's double account?

Never in doubt that you could be THIS stupid. And to think you call yourself "purger of all clowns". Pot meet kettle. :rolls:

dylan24
05-21-2009, 08:57 AM
put down the crack pipe double A

heya
05-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Agassi should commentate, he'd be way more interesting/brainier than Mac thats for darn freakin christ sure.McEnroe complained that his 7 Slams made him look bad next to 8 Slams. They should count their lucky stars after Borg, and choker Medvedev, Clammy Schuettler and an unserious Roddick collapsed. LOL at the 2007 US Open when a bitter Agassi tried to convince us that Federer dominated a match when he never had a break point until the opponent physically wore down in tiebreaks and in the 3rd set.

FSRteam
05-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Funny that agassi says noone has had the opportunity to get all 4 slams in one year since laver... I still remember fed who could have done it 3 years if rafa had not been around...

2 things:
1. rafa has not won yet RG (although he probably will), just like fed in 2004, 06 and 07 at the same time...
2. if rafa wins RG and wimbledon, I think that at the US, because of the surface, the long year and the opponents (fed, djoko and murray), rafa will have as much chance (even smaller chance) to get the last slam as fed had to win RG in 2004, 05 and 07...

vamosinator
05-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Agassi is correct though as always, it is true that Federer was never close to the Calendar Year Grand Slam, because he never won the 1st 2 slams of the year.

Halba
05-21-2009, 12:18 PM
looks really tough. fed is serving well and his backhand/forehand are fixed. wimbledon and USO are not easy.

however if nadal finds his forehand and swinging lefty serve in wimbledon he is tough to beat there , you have to get 3 sets off the beast. still think nadal is favourite here as the surface suits rafa's game

also it is tough to take 3 sets off rafa. djokovic may not have the stamina. but djoker/murray will be tough in USO as tough as federer.

jonas
05-21-2009, 12:47 PM

I think he is spot on with his opinion. Will it happen? Who knows and he does not predict that it will.
Of course Fed had a couple of shots, but he was not the odds on fav for RG.

:retard:

Wow, peoples memories are weak.
2006 (when he won AO, W and US) Federer was inches from beating Rafa in Rome final and also played a tight match against him in Monte Carlo F.

In 2007 (when he won AO, W and US) he beat Rafa in Hamburg final on clay.

Then of course he lost the FO finals to Rafa in four sets both years.

But to tell me Rafa is closer or have a bigger shot at a Grand Slam this year, then Fed had those two years make me :lol: Sure Fed was not odds favourite for RG, but how the hell do you make Rafa odds fav for US?

Nadal has still done sh*t in the Us Open.

vamosinator
05-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Last year Murray beat Nadal at the US Open in 4 sets, one of which was a tie-breaker and another of which Nadal was up a break but lost (the 4th set), and Nadal played the messiest tennis, he looked so restricted in his movement. This year with no Olympics, no way will he play as bad. And considering he wasn't far from stretching that match to 5, I'd think he'll have a great chance at advancing to the Final this time (especially after 6-2 6-1 hardcourt win over Murray earlier this year). And in GS Finals you know he's the favorite regardless of who he plays. I don't see why anyone would doubt Nadal's chances at the US Open.

As for that issue about Federer being close to the Calendar Year Grand Slam, well he was never close, because he never won the 1st 2 slams of the year. That means people were only talking about Federer winning the Calendar Year Grand Slam until the French Open, after that it was silent.

MacTheKnife
05-21-2009, 02:25 PM
:retard:

Wow, peoples memories are weak.
2006 (when he won AO, W and US) Federer was inches from beating Rafa in Rome final and also played a tight match against him in Monte Carlo F.

In 2007 (when he won AO, W and US) he beat Rafa in Hamburg final on clay.

Then of course he lost the FO finals to Rafa in four sets both years.

But to tell me Rafa is closer or have a bigger shot at a Grand Slam this year, then Fed had those two years make me :lol: Sure Fed was not odds favourite for RG, but how the hell do you make Rafa odds fav for US?

Nadal has still done sh*t in the Us Open.

I don't think anybody's saying that, at least I'm not. It's just pretty obvious to have a legitimate shot at cal slam you have to win the first two. This year is the best shot at that happening (imo) since 92/93 with Courier. Now if Nadal does pull off the FO as most expect, would he be "odds" on fav to pull off Wimby and USO, well I don't think so. BUT, he would be the first guy with a legit shot in a long time.

Har-Tru
05-21-2009, 02:54 PM
The key is Wimbledon. If Nadal walks off London with the first three in the bag, I just can't see him not winning the USO if he's healthy. He'd be a man on a mission.

MacTheKnife
05-21-2009, 02:55 PM
The key is Wimbledon. If Nadal walks off London with the first three in the bag, I just can't see him not winning the USO if he's healthy. He'd be a man on a mission.

Absolutely agree. Him getting those knees through the summer and the grueling Sat/Sun in NY would be the challenge.

jonas
05-21-2009, 03:03 PM
As for that issue about Federer being close to the Calendar Year Grand Slam, well he was never close, because he never won the 1st 2 slams of the year. That means people were only talking about Federer winning the Calendar Year Grand Slam until the French Open, after that it was silent.

I s'pose that's a way to look at it.

However, IMO, if Nadal won AO, FO, Wimby and lost SF in US Open with 7-6 in the decider, he's still not as close to a Grand Slam as Federer in 2006 and 2007.

superslam77
05-21-2009, 03:11 PM

Or nole, he is good for the sport!

superslam77
05-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Players like Nadal bring something positive into the sport that wasn't always there before, and that's the physical aspect of the game. Boris Becker did it in his time, and now Nadal's doing it in this decade.

You have to look beyond the days when tennis players wore tight white shorts and had average physiques. At the moment if you go to a tennis court the average player will either be a rich retired man/woman or a skinny kid.

But the trend is slowly changing. The game is getting much more physical, as are the people playing it.

Retrieving the ball is something that requires good physical condition. You just have to look at guys like Gael Monfils, today, or Michael Chang, in the 90's.

Surely you don't prefer the future tennis stars to walk around the court and just stare desperately everytime the opponent hits the ball on the other side of the court.

Exactly.

you can't trust physical athletes because too many have proved to be corrupt, period. i don't want tennis to become a brute low class sport either :eek:

Har-Tru
05-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Absolutely agree. Him getting those knees through the summer and the grueling Sat/Sun in NY would be the challenge.

He'll be fine with the knees IMO. He's more aware of it and he doesn't have the Olympics this year. He could stick with playing Canada, Cincinnati and Hamburg. Three tournaments btw Wimbledon and US should give his knees a break. The Sat/Sun thing is more concerning. I could very well picture Fed getting into the final dropping no more than one set in the whole tournament while Nadal struggles to defeat Novak or Murray in another 5 hour, 5-set epic. I've always found that sat/sun thing an aberration.

FSRteam
05-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Agassi is correct though as always, it is true that Federer was never close to the Calendar Year Grand Slam, because he never won the 1st 2 slams of the year.

I wasn't aware rafa has...

Bazooka
05-21-2009, 03:58 PM
I think expectations are really too big. He can do it, but let's not lose the perspective here, if he wins RG and makes decent results elsewhere he can call it a good year and almost certainly end as #1 again.

Winning more than 2 slams per year is a rare thing, since the new surfaces were implemented only Federer has done it. Not even Sampras in his 6 years ending as #1 could win more than two. And unlike 3 years ago, there are 4 big names expected to reach the semis of slams now, which makes it real hard (really not trying to start a weak era debate here, honestly!).

chammer44
05-21-2009, 04:42 PM
I can't see nadal beating 2 of the top 4 at the US open.

betowiec
05-21-2009, 04:43 PM
doesn't mean a thing
who is AA to say something

BIGMARAT
05-21-2009, 05:31 PM
I can't see Nadal winning the US Open, let alone getting into the final.

As for Wimbledon, I don't see him winning back to back Wimbledon. Only grass court specialist does that.

As for AO- Too many contenders.

So Agassi is wrong!

anon57
05-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I can't see Nadal winning the US Open, let alone getting into the final.
I think USO will be most difficult for Nadal but I certainly wouldn't write him off.

As for Wimbledon, I don't see him winning back to back Wimbledon. Only grass court specialist does that.

Three finals in a row, winning the last one sounds like a pretty good grass player to me

As for AO- Too many contenders.

So Agassi is wrong!
:scratch:Silly me, I thought Nadal had already won the AO.
Agassi may indeed turn out to be wrong in his prediction after all there's a reason no man has won a calender GS since Laver. But Nadal's won the first GS of the year and in a couple of weeks he's very likely to be 2/2 for the year:shrug:

vamosinator
05-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Agassi is the only modern day male player qualified to speak informatively on the matter of the Career Grand Slam. So take note of what he is saying, learn.

MacTheKnife
05-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Agassi is the only modern day male player qualified to speak informatively on the matter of the Career Grand Slam. So take note of what he is saying, learn.

Only man with career slam and gold. Must have been a mug two decades..:haha:

BIGMARAT
05-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Agassi may indeed turn out to be wrong in his prediction after all there's a reason no man has won a calender GS since Laver. But Nadal's won the first GS of the year and in a couple of weeks he's very likely to be 2/2 for the year:shrug:

He's going for 2/2 and his knee is already falling apart.

A player who will win 4 slams in a calendar is player like Federer ( Too bad he is on Nadal's clay era) He doesn't need much fitness compare to Nadal. With Nadals type of game, 4 slams in a row is too demanding for his body specially when hardcourt season comes.

mashamaniac
05-21-2009, 08:39 PM

A player who will win 4 slams in a calendar is player like Federer ( Too bad he is on Nadal's clay era) He doesn't need much fitness compare to Nadal. With Nadals type of game, 4 slams in a row is too demanding for his body specially when hardcourt season comes.

He's reached USO semis before so why not winning two more matches and the whole thing then?! ;)

Bilbo
05-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm saying this since many weeks but Andre is right. Nadal is the only player since a very long time who has a realistic shot.

BIGMARAT
05-21-2009, 09:54 PM
He's reached USO semis before so why not winning two more matches and the whole thing then?! ;)

Yeah, Why not? Federer (won the last 5 US Open) Djokovic, Murray and Del Potro, there u go!

Yes its possible but I wont bank my money on Nadal.

Swiss Mountain
05-21-2009, 09:58 PM

Richard Gasquet called, he wants his cocaine back Andre.

BIGMARAT
05-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Richard Gasquet called, he wants his cocaine back Andre.

Hingis called Andre too, WTF!!!

meihaditalab
05-21-2009, 10:20 PM
lol, how do you know his knees are falling apart? cause he wears tape and he's had a couple of injurys on it? lol, plus last time i checked he doesnt put that tape when he plays on clay... and I think your jealous Rafa is most likely going to win the career slam ;) :)

BIGMARAT
05-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Didn't you see how he ran out gas in Madrid in the finals? Nadal is human after all no matter how good he is on clay. His body can only take so much. Hardcourt is a different animal when it comes to beating a good better hardcourter after the other, then the other! US Open has just too many players to beat.

And you didn't know he's already on cortizone at Madrid?
And oh, yeah Im jealous of Rafa, I wish I have those butt!

vamosinator
05-22-2009, 02:44 AM
Nadal is only playing 2 hardcourt events before the US Open, its a very easy hardcourt season. And imagine if he loses early in one of them....not a big workload, especially given that he doesn't drop sets in most slams until the semi.

moon language
05-22-2009, 02:48 AM
And you didn't know he's already on cortizone at Madrid?

Did he say this? Where did you get this information?

lina_seta
05-22-2009, 05:39 AM
mmmm
Federer has been in 4 FO finals already and has xxx times the other three. I just feel that if nadal indeed gets a GS and CS at the same time it would be a slap in the face for fairness' sake. A BIG cosmical unfairness.
Like with Agassi and the career slam, who thinks he is better than Samprass? Completing the slam with an "odd event" is just not as glorious, unless rafa can manage to win more HC slams in the following years.
No offense, but the type of person that should represent the pinnacle of the sport is not Nadal...

FedFan_2007
05-22-2009, 05:45 AM
Come on people, this is MTF not youtube. Federer has been to 3 French finals.

vamosinator
05-22-2009, 06:07 AM
mmmm
Federer has been in 4 FO finals already and has xxx times the other three. I just feel that if nadal indeed gets a GS and CS at the same time it would be a slap in the face for fairness' sake. A BIG cosmical unfairness.
Like with Agassi and the career slam, who thinks he is better than Samprass? Completing the slam with an "odd event" is just not as glorious, unless rafa can manage to win more HC slams in the following years.
No offense, but the type of person that should represent the pinnacle of the sport is not Nadal...

Nadal has won more slams than Federer had at the same age, he's well on his way to passing Sampras total slams record. So the argument about Agassi's Calendar Year GS being unimpressive won't apply to Nadal, he'll have the total slams record. btw Agassi is considered a better all-court player than Sampras.

FSRteam
05-31-2009, 06:59 PM
Well, now I guess fed was closer to win the year grand slam in 04, 06 and 07 than rafa this year... :)

Stephan
06-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Agassi was mistaken...:(

luie
06-01-2009, 03:34 AM
Dose of reality for these so-called "tennis experts" S**king on rafa.Take that.This will be huge for federer he can now play the FO & the rest of the season with less aniexty because nadal will not win the GRAND SLAM and overshadow him.He has come the closest and justice has been done. His ego couldn't take it if nadal had accomplished that incredible feat.Fed has been given a second chance.

Burrow
06-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Hilarious.