Big stakes for Federer tomorrow [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Big stakes for Federer tomorrow

BackhandMissile
05-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Very important game for Federer tomorrow, where he has a lot to gain if he wins:

-first Masters title since 2007
-first title of the year
-first win against Nadal since 2007 (TMC)

-psychological boost for future games against Nadal
-ditto for a potential Roland Garros win to complete the GS

-overall increase in confidence after the recent decline

Tomorrow's match basically has the potential to significantly influence the rest of the season.

For the same reason it's an important game for Nadal, because he will absolutely want to counter any belief Federer may have in beating him, particularly on clay.

After Andy Murray beat Nadal at the US Open and Rotterdam, consecutively, he came back strongly at Indian Wells to reduce the confidence Murray gained against him since recovering from the Wimbledon straight sets loss.

A Federer win tomorrow could be the first step towards a "comeback" (number 2 in the world isn't usually something to make a comeback from), whereas a loss would further reduce any hope he has against Nadal on clay (unless he loses in 3 close ones).

Roddickominator
05-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Not quite. Federer doesn't care about Masters Series events nearly as much as GS's....so don't expect him to go all out to win. Not that he would win anyway.

This is Sparta
05-16-2009, 09:59 PM
If I play a bad match he will lose as always, no?

dylan24
05-16-2009, 10:00 PM
fed will be crying like a little bitch after the match regardless of if he wins or not.
tears of joy
or tears of sadness
will be flowing out of the eyes of the male version of vera zvonareva

Pfloyd
05-16-2009, 10:01 PM
If he wins, it will help his hurt confidence no doubt, but it will not increase his chances in French Open at all.

Federer still has many issues to take care of, his last comment on being thankful the Hard Court season is over was surprising, nonetheless he has to know that he has a very good chance tomorrow.

If he loses......I don't even know, more of the same as of late...

habibko
05-16-2009, 10:01 PM
even if he won, it won't change the prospect of his RG final against Nadal the slightest bit, think of Hamburg 2007 one more time, even a bagel wasn't enough.

groundstroke
05-16-2009, 10:02 PM
If he wins tomorrow a chunk of pressure will be off his back, who knows.. he may even hit.. a deep backhand shot against Nadal!

Kip
05-16-2009, 10:07 PM
All that is at stake IMO regardless of a win or a loss is just how much more of his ego he has yet to overcome. It stands in the way of any hoped for success against Rafa. And time is a precious commodity as his body is already showing signs of wear.

BackhandMissile
05-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Not quite. Federer doesn't care about Masters Series events nearly as much as GS's....so don't expect him to go all out to win. Not that he would win anyway.

I agree with the suggestion that Federer mainly plays for the GS's, which is something I've suspected for a while now. Of course, this doesn't mean he's tanking other tournaments, but not going all out, as you say.

However, I think tomorrow's game is actually worth going all out for, because there is so much to win out there.

I personally think Federer was hoping not to meet Nadal before RG, but now that he will, he must really go for it.

Also, if he wins tomorrow he's going to go to Roland Garros with a certain aura, being the only other player to win one of the main clay court events.

On the other hand if he loses, he won't even be the 2nd best at RG, because as it stands Djokovic is the man to beat after Nadal.

If Federer and Djokovic end up on the same side of the table in Paris, AND Federer loses tomorrow, then Djokovic takes him.

Higher Power
05-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Nadal will demolish Federer tomorrow. Once and for all.

BackhandMissile
05-16-2009, 10:13 PM
If he wins, it will help his hurt confidence no doubt, but it will not increase his chances in French Open at all.

Maybe not the French Open, but keeping in mind that he hasn't beaten Rafa in ages, (5 losses in a row and counting), and that he hasn't won anything since the US Open, a win will definitely come as a big boost.

salut235
05-16-2009, 10:13 PM
This is such an interesting match tomorrow... Nadal will definitely win, the question is the scorline. If it's close, Federer will say how he can compete with Nadal even on clay and he will feel good after the last clay trashing. If it's easy, then I'm sure Federer will make an excuse but really there's no excuse he's been playing great tennis all week. I expect something like 6-4, 6-3.

Commander Data
05-16-2009, 10:20 PM
even if he won, it won't change the prospect of his RG final against Nadal the slightest bit, think of Hamburg 2007 one more time, even a bagel wasn't enough.

I agree. A win would be nice for confidence reasons but it won't affect a possible RG-meeting.

Anyway: If Fed can't win tomorrow he should keep his mouth shut for any more "I can still rattle Nadal" comments. This will really be the best chance he will get.

Sunset of Age
05-16-2009, 10:57 PM
I agree. A win would be nice for confidence reasons but it won't affect a possible RG-meeting.

Anyway: If Fed can't win tomorrow he should keep his mouth shut for any more "I can still rattle Nadal" comments. This will really be the best chance he will get.

Agree with you on all accounts.
Do keep in mind that even IF he manages to pull out a win (which I don't expect whatsoever), we'll be reading all the 'tired'-excuses once again.

As if a player (ANY a player) isn't himself responsible for his schedule most of all.

Kiedis
05-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Fed has a good chance tomorrow. Nadal will be exhausted and the surface is nearly hard court than clay court. Good match to see for sure.

Acer
05-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Anyone thinking Fed has a chance to beat Nadal tomorrow is deluded, at least this time Fed will lose but it won't have much of a pyscological effect on him since he'll be expecting it anyway.

salut235
05-17-2009, 12:47 AM
well, usually nobody would be expecting Federer to beat Nadal, especially on clay. But because of Federer's ego and big mouth, he now has the pressure to at least "rattle" Nadal, otherwise if it's an easy win for Nadal, Federer will look like a fool. lol

MIMIC
05-17-2009, 01:11 AM
Nadal will demolish Federer tomorrow. Once and for all.

You plan on killing Federer or something? :eek:

Roddickominator
05-17-2009, 01:15 AM
I think the threadstarter meant "steaks" instead of "stakes". After the bagel that Nadal shoves down Fed's throat tomorrow....he could very well go for a steak.

the graduate
05-17-2009, 01:16 AM
Rafa will make the baby cry again,this time he will be bawling and asking for sippy bottle poor thing.Mirka Susan Boyle Federer will be handy to sing a cheery llulaby

heya
05-17-2009, 01:30 AM

Federer still has many issues to take care of, his last comment on being thankful the Hard Court season is over was surprising, nonetheless he has to know that he has a very good chance tomorrow.

If he loses......I don't even know, more of the same as of late...
Weren't you jerking off in a two-faced way (like infinityfed and Stupid Dream) after the quarterfinal? Smiley posts, gloat and then pretentiously give faint praise to the opponent.
Escaping a *0-3 deficit and scraping by with serves at 0-30 6-5 sure made Federer a legend.

heya
05-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Anyone thinking Fed has a chance to beat Nadal tomorrow is deluded, at least this time Fed will lose but it won't have much of a pyscological effect on him since he'll be expecting it anyway.
:rolls: LMAO :p It makes his gloating and smirking face look pathetic, especially after the years 2004-2006.

moon language
05-17-2009, 01:46 AM
I think he has a shot to win it, however the "stakes" going into the US Open final last year were bigger, and despite winning that look at what has happened since.

FedFan_2007
05-17-2009, 01:52 AM
heya - get out of here you spiteful useless :retard:

Warrior
05-17-2009, 02:02 AM
Given the record of Fed against Nadal(especially on clay), considering a him winning tomorrow is ridiculous. Unless there is an injury, there is no way Nadal will lose.

miura
05-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Weren't you jerking off in a two-faced way (like infinityfed and Stupid Dream) after the quarterfinal? Smiley posts, gloat and then pretentiously give faint praise to the opponent.
Escaping a *0-3 deficit and scraping by with serves at 0-30 6-5 sure made Federer a legend.
Hahahhahahahah this is the most hilarious post I've read this year. Heya, if you ever get married, I infinityfed and Stupid Dream will be the three richest people on the face of the earth.

Get the fuck out of there and into your sad little cave.

luie
05-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Very important game for Federer tomorrow, where he has a lot to gain if he wins:

-first Masters title since 2007
-first title of the year
-first win against Nadal since 2007 (TMC)

-psychological boost for future games against Nadal
-ditto for a potential Roland Garros win to complete the GS

-overall increase in confidence after the recent decline

Tomorrow's match basically has the potential to significantly influence the rest of the season.

For the same reason it's an important game for Nadal, because he will absolutely want to counter any belief Federer may have in beating him, particularly on clay.

After Andy Murray beat Nadal at the US Open and Rotterdam, consecutively, he came back strongly at Indian Wells to reduce the confidence Murray gained against him since recovering from the Wimbledon straight sets loss.

A Federer win tomorrow could be the first step towards a "comeback" (number 2 in the world isn't usually something to make a comeback from), whereas a loss would further reduce any hope he has against Nadal on clay (unless he loses in 3 close ones).
Nope. A federer win tommorow means nothing just like a loss means nothing ,every-one even federer expects it (the AO taught us that).
Fed needs to help tennis by making nadal run like a horse for 3 + hours tommorrow it will be a successful campaign regardless of the result.

vamosinator
05-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Nope. A federer win tommorow means nothing just like a loss means nothing ,every-one even federer expects it (the AO taught us that).
Fed needs to help tennis by making nadal run like a horse for 3 + hours tommorrow it will be a successful campaign regardless of the result.

A win for Nadal is crucial, he cannot afford to ever let Federer beat him again. It doesn't matter what the physical cost, Nadal must do everything in his power to win tommorrow.

FedFan_2007
05-17-2009, 03:11 AM
Uncle Toni's magic fish will seal the deal, never in doubt. :rocker2:

miura
05-17-2009, 03:12 AM
theRAFA don't get too excited :shrug:

miura
05-17-2009, 03:14 AM
:rolls: LMAO :p It makes his gloating and smirking face look pathetic, especially after the years 2004-2006.
Do you want to be:

A. A successfull multi-millionaire tennis-player
B. A retared fat little gimp who sits in her basement day after day bashing the first option

:shrug:

luie
05-17-2009, 03:18 AM
A win for Nadal is crucial, he cannot afford to ever let Federer beat him again. It doesn't matter what the physical cost, Nadal must do everything in his power to win tommorrow.
Federer beat him in 2007,when federer was playing better tennis,then went to RG & F**k-up 17 bp chances,& lost like a mug. Believe me I would like fed to win but @ this point in their rivalry ( I use this term loosely) means nothing.Nadal could take a hit & by now fed is expected to lose on clay.

moon language
05-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Federer beat him in 2007,when federer was playing better tennis,then went to RG & F**k-up 17 bp chances,& lost like a mug. Believe me I would like fed to win but @ this point in their rivalry ( I use this term loosely) means nothing.Nadal could take a hit & by now fed is expected to lose on clay.

I agree. I don't think a loss to Federer would have much impact on Nadal. He doesn't seem to suffer from the same grandiosity that Federer does so losses are easier to rationalize.

vamosinator
05-17-2009, 03:29 AM
As long as Nadal never lets Federer beat him ever again I have no complaints. The head-to-head needs to stretch to at least 20-6.

marcRD
05-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Ok I really dont think Federer will have any shot at beating Nadal, I am just going to say this to Nadal fans who will go to this final with an excuse card in their bag. Federer played 2 almost 3 hour long matches in Rome 2006 before playing Nadal for 5 hours in Rome. I never heard anyone talk about Federer beeing fatigued in that match or preparing for such an excuse.

There is no real reason for Nadal-Djokovic beeing 4 hours (almost no breaks, few long games), if they took less time between the points it should have been 3 hours and 20 minutes. Nadal has played one match less than Federer in this tournament aswell. So dont come here and say Nadal has any reason to be tired, he should be just fine.

Thing is Nadal wont physicaly be 100% and Nadal might be 95% and it certanly makes some differense to his game when he loses that physical edge he normaly has over other players.

When Federer is 90-95% you hardly notice but Nadals game is very physical, but this is all part of the game and part of the Nadal game. If you look at him after battles against Davydenko, Djokovic and Ferrer he looks absolutely drained after the matches, watch Roger after 3 sets of tennis against Murray or Djokovic and you might question if the match has even started. This is part of Federer's strengths and Nadals weaknesses and if Federer wins it will simply be because he took advantage of a weakness in the Nadal game.

vamosinator
05-17-2009, 04:17 AM
Definitely no excuses for Nadal, he is 100% physically and if he loses then Federer is the better player.

luie
05-17-2009, 04:19 AM
Ok I really dont think Federer will have any shot at beating Nadal, I am just going to say this to Nadal fans who will go to this final with an excuse card in their bag. Federer played 2 almost 3 hour long matches in Rome 2006 before playing Nadal for 5 hours in Rome. I never heard anyone talk about Federer beeing fatigued in that match or preparing for such an excuse.

There is no real reason for Nadal-Djokovic beeing 4 hours (almost no breaks, few long games), if they took less time between the points it should have been 3 hours and 20 minutes. Nadal has played one match less than Federer in this tournament aswell. So dont come here and say Nadal has any reason to be tired, he should be just fine.
You should know by now only nadull is entitled to "I'am tired & fatigue excuse" its not the same for other players regardless if the other player is 27-28,while nadull is 22-23.:o

vamosinator
05-17-2009, 04:22 AM
If anyone should be criticized for making excuses its Federer "I'm not trying to make excuses but I had mono and a back injury even when I won Basel but I'm not trying to make excuses."

marcRD
05-17-2009, 04:30 AM
If anyone should be criticized for making excuses its Federer "I'm not trying to make excuses but I had mono and a back injury even when I won Basel but I'm not trying to make excuses."

How about Nadal-Federer in Hamburg 2007? Nadal-Ferrero Rome 2008, Nadal-Federer Wimbledon 2007, Nadal-Gonzalez AO 2007, Nadal in every match he lost in USOPEN the last 3 years.

I am not questioning that Nadal was tired in neither of the matches listed, what I am saying is that it is a weakness in Nadals game that he will constantly be getting tired and that it is no different than Federers weaker mentality or Djokovics lack of stamina.

MacTheKnife
05-17-2009, 04:31 AM
Can't see Fed pulling this off. He would have to play far better than he has, serve great, and keep the drop shot IN his bag. Having said that, If Nadal decides to dump a bunch of UEs on Fed like he did Djok today, Fed will be there to take it. Unlike Djok, Fed CAN actually put two great points together. Djok could not.

MrChopin
05-17-2009, 04:33 AM
Fed has a good chance tomorrow. Nadal will be exhausted and the surface is nearly hard court than clay court. Good match to see for sure.

Another new definition to be added to MTF's dictionary... "red hardcourt."

In general this match means little for RG, but for Fed in general, it could be a huge confidence boost (which he might need should he draw Djokovic at RG). And for once, the pressure is squarely on Nadal's shoulder's as the clear and away tennis and crowd favorite, no more excuses of scheduling, exhaustion, Fed being #1, the unquestionable GOAT prospect...

vamosinator
05-17-2009, 04:35 AM
How about Nadal-Federer in Hamburg 2007? Nadal-Ferrero Rome 2008, Nadal-Federer Wimbledon 2007, Nadal-Gonzalez AO 2007, Nadal in every match he lost in USOPEN the last 3 years.

I am not questioning that Nadal was tired in neither of the matches listed, what I am saying is that it is a weakness in Nadals game that he will constantly be getting tired and that it is no different than Federers weaker mentality or Djokovics lack of stamina.

No different?

Nadal wins while Federer and Djoko lose. That is the difference, Nadal's tiredness is not an excuse its just part of playing long matches, so when Nadal says he's tired he's not saying he'll lose because of it (and he doesn't lose because of it, look at the Aus Open).

luie
05-17-2009, 04:35 AM
I remember last year in DC against USA ,nadal beat roddick while his a** was hurting a torn muscle or something. Nadull can play when even his famous a** is not 100%.

Arkulari
05-17-2009, 04:45 AM
I don't think Roger will win, simply because he doesn't have the mental strength to do so anymore, at least not against Rafa :sad:

FedFan_2007
05-17-2009, 05:07 AM
I don't buy the "Federer doesn't care about Masters events" bs from Nadaltards. He cares about every event, because he love tennis.

vamosinator
05-17-2009, 05:17 AM
I think Federer cares about winning everything, he wants the number one ranking back (otherwise he wouldn't be playing so many events), but it is easier for him to advance to the Final of Slams than Masters Series Events because in Slams it appears that most players either 'play scared' against him or of course they just can't keep their standard up for 5 sets. Federer is doing a lot better in Slams because of this, not because he doesn't care about nonslams. The best players do well in Slams while the others fold either physically or mentally.

JolánGagó
05-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Fed will get his cute little hairy ass nicely kicked by Nadal today.

heya
05-17-2009, 07:16 AM
LOL at the the Swiss turkey personality's fan calling me fat. I'm far from fat and big-nosed like the Fed chums.

Roddickominator
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Don't worry heya....we know that you're a beautiful swan of a woman....no matter what that big jerkhead says.

HarryMan
05-17-2009, 11:57 AM
I think Federer cares about winning everything, he wants the number one ranking back (otherwise he wouldn't be playing so many events), but it is easier for him to advance to the Final of Slams than Masters Series Events because in Slams it appears that most players either 'play scared' against him or of course they just can't keep their standard up for 5 sets. Federer is doing a lot better in Slams because of this, not because he doesn't care about nonslams. The best players do well in Slams while the others fold either physically or mentally.

Its definitely the latter point. The thing about Fed is he has a game (and variety) that can handle 90% of the tour without much problems (best of three or best of five), even when he doesn't seem to be as dominating as he once was.

In slams, his easy game is very less taxing on his body and that, most of the times, ensures he is at his best shape during the semi finals and finals at the slams. If the player plays better tennis than him (on that day), then he loses (which is Nadal on most occasions). Its not because he is physically not able to perform. This cannot be said about either Nadal (look at US open 07), Murray or Djokovic at the moment.

Andi-M
05-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Its not that big really. If Fed were to somehow win, it would make no difference should they meet a RG. If Fed is a different animal at grandslams Rafa is off a different planet at grandslams.

Them meeting at RG isn't a gurantee anyway. If Fed gets to RG finals he'll have done very well he'll be praying he's on Murrays side, and some mug takes Murray out before semis. Anything other than this scenario especially if hes on Nole's side dosent look good for him.

HarryMan
05-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Its not that big really. If Fed were to somehow win, it would make no difference should they meet a RG. If Fed is a different animal at grandslams Rafa is off a different planet at grandslams.

Them meeting at RG isn't a gurantee anyway. If Fed gets to RG finals he'll have done very well he'll be praying he's on Murrays side, and some mug takes Murray out before semis. Anything other than this scenario especially if hes on Nole's side dosent look good for him.

No one needs to pray for that as it will happen anyway.

Black Adam
05-17-2009, 12:35 PM
OMG!!!! Heya used emoticoms :eek::eek::eek:

But no, seriously, Fed will still lose this one. His road to the final hasn't been impressive at all.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
05-17-2009, 12:53 PM
It would actually be better for Federer if Murray doesn't get taken out by a mug, as Federer would be sure to beat him in the SF and he needs all the boosts to his confidence that he can get.

adee-gee
05-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Agreed.

But I also agree with the thread starter, this match is a lot bigger for Federer than it is for Nadal. Fed has absolutely everything in his favour, there's absolutely no excuse for him not winning, or at least getting very close.

Even if he wins, Nadal is firm favourite for RG, but it'd give him some confidence. If he loses, he might as well not bother turn up at RG.
I don't buy the "Federer doesn't care about Masters events" bs from Nadaltards. He cares about every event, because he love tennis.
It's Federer fans that say this, not Nadal fans :lol:

It seems to be a convenient excuse for when he loses. And then when he loses as slams it's because he's lacking match sharpness :D

Kiedis
05-17-2009, 12:59 PM
But no, seriously, Fed will still lose this one. His road to the final hasn't been impressive at all.

Except for concrete moments, nor was Nadal's road.

BeautifulTommy
05-17-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't see that any result today is really indicative of anything

Nadal plays one of the greatest epics of his career to subdue Djokovic in a gruelling four hour contest, with his leg strapped, like the warrior he is. Federer makes an easy hour-long decision against a far inferior opponent.

Nadal will be excused for being exhausted, as he was in the Hamburg final a couple of years ago. We all know what happened in Paris a few weeks later.

Whereas if Nadal wins either easily or in a close encounter, deja vu?

NadalSharapova
05-17-2009, 01:01 PM
this match has no relevance to the french open. we all know, even federer knows that he will never win the french open.

vamosinator
05-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Every meeting these 2 have is historical, because their rivalry as one-sided as it may be is extremely publicised. So if Nadal was to win 6 straight in their head-to-head that would be very big. Whereas if Federer were to stop the streak then that would change the perception of this rivalry a bit. So I don't see this so much about the French Open but the just the general psychology of the rivalry. It could be more relevant down the road than at the French Open. If Nadal and Federer meet in the Wimbledon Final it would be beneficial for Nadal to have won 6 or 7 straight matches in their rivalry rather than Federer winning the latest match. Or if they met in the US Open I'm sure Nadal would like to enter that match having won their last 6 or 7 meetings, while Federer wouldn't like that trend.

marcRD
05-17-2009, 02:11 PM

Yeah, it got nothing about Federer playing at a much higher level, does it?

Like when has Federer played at the same level he played at Wimbledon, usopen and the AO? Never this or last season. I think he is dead serious preparing for the grand slams, while master series he can relax before it or go marry with his girlfriend or whatever he feels his priority is besides tennis. Maybe this is laziness or maybe this is a way to save all his mental and physical energy for the grand slam, I dont know. All I know is that Sampras, Agassi and many other players did the same as they got older.

marcRD
05-17-2009, 02:14 PM
No different?

Nadal wins while Federer and Djoko lose. That is the difference, Nadal's tiredness is not an excuse its just part of playing long matches, so when Nadal says he's tired he's not saying he'll lose because of it (and he doesn't lose because of it, look at the Aus Open).

I know that Nadal can fight like hell when he is tired, it is just that when that is not enought then some people go say that "he lost because he got tired". Sure as hell he lost because he got tired and he has only himself to blame that he:

1.Gets easily tired because of his non-energy saving game.
2.Play so much worse when he is physicaly 90% than when he is 100%.

How about Djokovic yesterday, did he lose because he was tired? He has played for 3 straight weeks just like Nadal did in that famous Hamburg defeat to Federer, how could Djokovic put more of a fight against Nadal after 3 straight weeks of playing tennis than Nadal did against Federer in Hamburg?

Merton
05-17-2009, 02:23 PM
If Roger wins he will get a huge boost on his confidence, it will be enough to reach the RG final where he will bring out the infamous pink dress once more.

If Roger loses I would be surprised to see him making the final at RG.

marcRD
05-17-2009, 02:26 PM
If Roger wins he will get a huge boost on his confidence, it will be enough to reach the RG final where he will bring out the infamous pink dress once more.

I am almost sure Federer will get to final as long as he doesnt have to play Djokovic.

If Federer has to play Djokovic then Federer probably wont go to the final, but I am quite sure Roger could beat Djokovic in a good day.

In the end it doesnt matter, my only hope is that Djokovic can beat Nadal in the semifinal and we can get a final between Djokovic and Federer. Odds are really bad for this to happen, 1st you need to get the 50-50 draw without Djokovic, then you have to get Djokovic beating Nadal in RG. I would say it is 1 in 10 odds for Djokovic to beat Nadal the way he has been playing, he just need to go for the kill when he gets the chanse.

zlaja777
05-17-2009, 02:28 PM

He will make the finals easy if he avoids Djokovic again.

superslam77
05-17-2009, 02:37 PM
I am almost sure Federer will get to final as long as he doesnt have to play Djokovic.

If Federer has to play Djokovic then Federer probably wont go to the final, but I am quite sure Roger could beat Djokovic in a good day.

In the end it doesnt matter, my only hope is that Djokovic can beat Nadal in the semifinal and we can get a final between Djokovic and Federer. Odds are really bad for this to happen, 1st you need to get the 50-50 draw without Djokovic, then you have to get Djokovic beating Nadal in RG. I would say it is 1 in 10 odds for Djokovic to beat Nadal the way he has been playing, he just need to go for the kill when he gets the chanse.

only chance is that nadal gets tired at RG and it could happen because nadal has played many matches and tournaments in a row, it has to take it's toll someday(of course unless what i suspect is true..)

nole vs roger and tennis would be the winner.

NadalSharapova
05-17-2009, 02:45 PM
only chance is that nadal gets tired at RG and it could happen because nadal has played many matches and tournaments in a row, it has to take it's toll someday(of course unless what i suspect is true..)

nole vs roger and tennis would be the winner.

It would be a good match, but for the best match you need the worlds best player playing.

vamosinator
05-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Don't think tiredness would cost Nadal Roland Garros, he'd have to have a real injury like the quad injury in Wim07 and even then he'd likely win cos its clay.

Merton
05-17-2009, 02:52 PM

I agree that the generic odds on clay for Djokovic is about 1 in 10 but I would be extremely surprised if Djokovic can win in Paris against Nadal. Yesterday he got a lot of free points from his serve, when was the last time that Nadal broke serve only once in a clay match that long and even that time came with Djokovic visually cramping?

The problem is that Djokovic lacks the variation to bother Nadal, his groundies just get Rafa in the groove and Nadal can run from his baseline for some time. It is pretty similar to the old Muster-Kafelnikov matches.

Actually I like Roger's chances against Djokovic in a potential RG semi-final as long as he gets in that match with good confidence. But Djokovic has chances against Roger if he plays smartly.

marcRD
05-17-2009, 05:12 PM

I love to be wrong sometimes.

marcRD
05-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Ok, I give Federer a chanse to beat Nadal if Djokovic can play Nadal for 5-6 hours in the semifinal.

HarryMan
05-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Fed will get his cute little hairy ass nicely kicked by Nadal today.

:haha:

marcRD
05-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Definitely no excuses for Nadal, he is 100% physically and if he loses then Federer is the better player.

Do you stick to this?

I dont agree with the statement, Federer won today because Nadals weakness was exposed this week, he gets fatigued after long battles and he is not the same player even when he is just slightly fatigues.

Federers chanse in RG is:

1.Nadal gets into a long battle in SF against Djokovic, should be atleast a bit over 5 hours because here he will have 1 day to rest.
2.I give Djokovic a 1 in 10 chanse to beat Nadal in RG and if he does so I actually put Federer as the favorite in the final.

That is he better not get Djokovic on his side of the draw.