WWW Nadal vs. Djokovic-MS Madrid Semi [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW Nadal vs. Djokovic-MS Madrid Semi

Ackms421
05-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Surprised there's no thread for this yet.

I think it could be an interesting match with the "fast" conditions in Madrid and Djokovic's high level of play recently. I think Nadal takes it though, probably in two.

federernadalfan
05-16-2009, 01:55 AM
djoko might take a set, but the result would be same, rafa in two or three

Macbrother
05-16-2009, 02:18 AM
If Nadal plays the clown crap like he did in the 2nd set against Mugdasco, don't be surprised if Djokovic takes advantage. Expecting Nadal to pull through and the Joker to fade as usual, but we'll see.

Florida
05-16-2009, 02:27 AM
I believe it will be as expected, Rafa in two. He cannot afford to donate any sets to Nole, considering he is playing in front of his Madrid crowd. This is Nole's third chance this year and I believe it will not be any different than before, he will loose again, because in order to win he needs to bring something different to the table; whatever he brought last two times was not enough!!!! I will give Nole credit for trying and making a match out of it!!!!!

meihaditalab
05-16-2009, 02:44 AM
This should be a comfortable 2 set win for Rafa

Arkulari
05-16-2009, 03:08 AM
Rafa in two or three ;)

w78dexon_y
05-16-2009, 05:43 AM
... because in order to win he needs to bring something different to the table...

right. And that new thing will be: Djoker will take Rafa's heavy Top spin away! Without his heavy top spin Rafa will be helpless. Djoko will mess up with him like with lil kid. :sad:

So, Djoker in straight! :wavey:

w78dexon_y
05-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Here is the way to make money:

with bookies the ratio is: Nadal 1.11 Djokovic 6.5
And the real odds is 1:3, So bookies are 2 times overrated!! It is the opportunity to make a good money betting on Djoker.

rafa_maniac
05-16-2009, 05:52 AM
I voted for Djokovic to win this one, it's going to happen eventually and Rafa played liked crap in his last match. He doesn't seem to be a big fan of this tournament and with so many wins on clay already this season probably isn't fussed about going all the way here.

luvrafa
05-16-2009, 06:04 AM
Djoker is a joke. Once he finds out he's losing to Rafa, (and he will lose), he'll take his usual medical time out and claim he's suffering from some sort of ailiment,like he always does. If he wants to play with the big boys, then he needs to improve his fitness level, take his medicine and stop punking out when he's losing.

w78dexon_y
05-16-2009, 06:16 AM
I voted for Djokovic to win this one, it's going to happen eventually and Rafa played liked crap in his last match. He doesn't seem to be a big fan of this tournament and with so many wins on clay already this season probably isn't fussed about going all the way here.

are you serious?

Elena.
05-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Nadal to win the tournament :zzz:

Castielo
05-16-2009, 06:48 AM
djoko in 3

nanoman
05-16-2009, 06:55 AM
Djoko could win this. Nadal has been subpar.

lamnathalie
05-16-2009, 07:11 AM
:shrug:

Certinfy
05-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Nole in 3, i feel he's playing better than Rafa in Madrid

ossie
05-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Djoko could win this. Nadal has been subpar.this means nothing

theblejach
05-16-2009, 08:14 AM
the time is now :devil:
novak in 4

born_on_clay
05-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Rafa played an awful match yeserday so today he'll rise a level of his game.
Two tight sets for the Spaniard

ImmzB
05-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Rafa in 2

cocrcici
05-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Рафаило

Commander Data
05-16-2009, 10:02 AM
This must be it. I put all my money on Djoker. Now or never.

TennisViewer531
05-16-2009, 10:06 AM
It's going to be a close match - a three setter but Nadal will still win! ;)

HarryMan
05-16-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't think Nadal can even win a set today. Djokovic is playing superb tennis and will win it in straights.

Bilbo
05-16-2009, 10:23 AM
surprised there's a thread for this

R. Nadal in 2

StanisKing
05-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Rafa played quite bad in the second set against Verdasco.
If he plays like that today maybe, Srdjan's mistake could make it to the final.

groundstroke
05-16-2009, 10:28 AM
If there is a third set, Nadal will win it 6-2 or 6-1.

maki925
05-16-2009, 10:30 AM
This must be it. I put all my money on Djoker. Now or never.

:worship:

sphiie
05-16-2009, 10:37 AM
My head says : Novak Djokovic in 3 sets
My heart says : Rafael Nadal in 2 sets :)

Rafa should not have played in Madrid... I think he's really wasting his time. He should focused on Roland Garros instead of playing an another tournament on clay... He made enough no?

But, good luck to Rafael my champion!!

StanisKing
05-16-2009, 10:55 AM
6:3, 6:3 if I play badly , no ?

Florida
05-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Nole has another chance, but in order for him to win he will need to bring sometthing else to the table. I think Rafa will come out on court firing on all cylinders in front of his home crowd and will crush Nole in two. On a different note, I would not mind a surprise Nole win, it will just make things more intersting going further!

Tom_Bombadil
05-16-2009, 12:09 PM
For me Rafa is the clear favorite today. It's a pity he has to face Djokovic in the semis though, cause they're the two best claycourters in the world right now.

I hope a very tough match for Rafa, but Rafa needs challenges to keep improving.

pica_pica
05-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Hard to say. But every thinking path points to Rafa in the end.
Again, let tennis win. I hope the quality is at least as high as in Monte Carlo.

miura
05-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Rafa in 2

w78dexon_y
05-16-2009, 01:00 PM
On a more serious note:

Nadal play is turning downhill at this tourney. He looked embarassed sometimes vs. Verdasco. (And the Verdasco was totally embarassed lol)!

Djokovic showed strong play here, but he really was not challenged much. Who did he face enrout to s/f? Ljubicic was his stongest challenge.

Anyway, Rafa's game is downward, Djoker's is upward...so that might be an equalised match! The quality might not be as in their clash in MC and Rome. Who will win? Ohh, well it's gonna be tight. I predict more than 21 games total played. (That was my bet anyway). Djoker in tight 3.

feeder1803
05-16-2009, 01:17 PM
I think Djokovic has a really good chance today of beating Nadal. Rafa doesn't look very comfortable with Madrid's conditions and the Djoker is playng really well. So if there's a day when Novak can beat Rafa, that is today.

Anyway this means nothing. Nadal will crush the competition in RG...

Foxy
05-16-2009, 01:20 PM
I think Djokovic has a really good chance today of beating Nadal. Rafa doesn't look very comfortable with Madrid's conditions and the Djoker is playng really well. So if there's a day when Novak can beat Rafa, that is today.

Anyway this means nothing. Nadal will crush the competition in RG...

I hear it for the third time since before MC final.

w78dexon_y
05-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Rafa in 2

hey how come you have so little credits with so many posts?

sawan66278
05-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Match between the top two clay court players in the world right now (at least in a best of three set match...I still think Novak is neck and neck with Roger with respect to best of five).

HOWEVER, given the timing of the tourney...the conditions...the exhaustion for both (Novak's third week in a row...and Rafa yet to lose on clay this season), I give the slight edge to Rafa...with the help of the crowd.

Rafa played the tourney to gain some points...and because three weeks off in a row without competitive tennis leading into RG was too much.

I don't think either man will push himself to the brink given that RG is coming up in a week. But, Novak has a real shot...

Still, Rafa in three.

philosophicalarf
05-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Interesting this. Nadal showed clear vulnerabilities against Verdasco - let's face it, he was being thoroughly outplayed in the second set until Forehando lost the plot. This is also the point in the clay season where Nadal traditionally is most vulnerable to tiredness.

If Djokovic is ever going to beat a fit Nadal on clay, it's today - the conditions clearly favour him. Will it happen? Probably not, we've seen Nadal raise his level time and again in a final set. Maybe 25% chance?

Myrre
05-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Nadal is making too many unforced errors and stays too far back. He'll lose today.

Derevko
05-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Any livestream?

Rafa#Uno:-)
05-16-2009, 02:48 PM
yes anybody any live stream?????

daddy
05-16-2009, 02:51 PM
http://tenis.noticiasyapuestas.com/

EnriqueIG8
05-16-2009, 03:01 PM
http://zulu.mk/kanal5-plus

lurker
05-16-2009, 04:03 PM
The faster surface and drier conditions in Madrid would make for a better chance for Nole to defeat Nadal on clay. If ever he had a good chance, this is it. At Roland Garros, he has been Nadal's toughest challenger, I believe. I'm not sure he can do it on five sets on a slower surface, but if ever there was a man to do it, it's him.

mariyella80
05-16-2009, 06:26 PM
VAAAAAAMOS RAFA....good try nole but you're up against the KING OF CLAY!!!!:worship:

BIGMARAT
05-16-2009, 06:27 PM
If it only happened on a more non partisan crowd, the story could have been different.

Congrats Rafa, but I congratulate Nole more for the fight!!

This is definitely the match of the year.

cocrcici
05-17-2009, 02:39 AM
:banghead::sobbing::banghead:

bobbynorwich
05-17-2009, 02:59 AM
If ever I felt a scintilla of sympathy for Djokovic, it was today.

Even the post-match interview, and evidence of crying (take note Roger: off court), was touching.

Djokovic searching for Nadal answerhttp://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=951273&lang=eng_newsBy PAUL LOGOTHETISAssociated Press An exasperated Novak Djokovic was left searching for answers after his toughest loss yet to Rafael Nadal. Nadal saved three match points to complete a 3-6, 7-6 (5), 7-6 (9) comeback win over Djokovic to reach the Madrid Open final on Saturday. Despite nearly topping the Spaniard in front of his home crowd, Djokovic will likely best remember the blown opportunities that led to his fifth straight defeat at the hands of Nadal in the longest three-set match in Masters Series history. "Next time I'll probably take two rackets on the match point and try to hit them past him. I don't know what to do," Djokovic said. "If I knew I would probably win." Djokovic will still go into the French Open on a good run as world No. 4 but knows that if he crosses Nadal again, he is 0-9 against the four-time defending champion on the dirt. All four defeats to Nadal this year have come on clay, too."In some points of the match I played even above my limits. And that was especially in the match points I had," a red-eyed Djokovic said after the 4-hour, 3-minute match. "It's frustrating when you play so well and you can't win. A couple of points decided the winner." The top-ranked Nadal is 10-3 against the fourth-ranked Serb at the semifinals stage or better."It happened too often," Djokovic said. "So I'm very disappointed that I can play this well and still not win a match. The positives are I'm one point away from the victory." Roger Federer, who has suffered his fair share of tough losses to Nadal, preferred not to offer any recovery advice to rival Djokovic. "Being so close yet so far, obviously it's going to hurt," Federer said after beating Juan Martin del Potro to play Nadal in a final for the 16th time. Nadal is 11-4 in the previous 15 and reduced Federer to tears after the last at the Australian Open in February. That left Federer one title shy of matching Pete Sampras' record 14 Grand Slam titles. The second-ranked Swiss has lost five straight finals to Nadal, including at the French Open and Wimbledon. "It was good tennis, it's not like he gave away the match," Federer said of Djokovic's performance.

MacTheKnife
05-17-2009, 03:12 AM
Djok has the game to beat Nadal, he just does not have the mental fortitude. He just can't seem to manufacture two good points in a row in crucial situations. He can get one great point, then comes an easy error or poor shot selection. Today was the day and this is a crushing blow, no doubt.

FlameOn
05-17-2009, 03:18 AM
Poor Novak. Rafa owns him just like Federer owns Roddick. At least Rafa hasn't broken his heart in any slam finals yet though. :sad: